January 23, 2019

The Top Most Amazing Quotes from The Hit Drama, Sky Castle

Edit Posted by with 3 comments
Sky Castle is not only good. It's seriously good! The moral values are also amazingly delivered there. 

Synopsis

The drama has to do with housewives’ lives. They're in a residential area full of luxuries called Sky Castle in Seoul. They attempt to make their husbands achieve more successes in their career and to grow their kids like princes and princesses. Unlike typical Korean dramas. there aren't hot-looking leads and romantic lovelines in 'Sky Castle'. Instead, the show is unique in many amazing ways!

Main Cast

•    Yum Jung-ah as Han Seo-jin 
•    Oh Na-ra as Jin Jin-hee
•    Kim Seo-hyung as Kim Joo-young
•    Yoon Se-ah as No Seung-hye
•    Lee Tae-ran as Lee Soo-im

Meaningful Quotes

quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
They (children) are not some tools that can fix your (a parent's) inferiority complex. They are not sandbags that you can use to vent your anger.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
What're the points when the adults don’t act like adults? 

quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle

Broken tools can be repaired, but broken people can't be fixed.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
She at least loved me for who I am.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
I will be turning 50 soon, but I don’t even know how to live my own life because of you!
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
I don’t become the president of the hospital. I’ll still be your son, you know. Can I be your son?
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
I had no idea that Hye Na is your daughter. You didn’t even go to her funeral. You shouldn’t even call yourself human.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
You’re the one who made me become like this! I couldn’t even recognize my own child… because I was blinded by my ambition. What’s so important about becoming the hospital president?
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Who cares whether they acknowledge you or not? I just want to be happy...
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
What’s the point of doing my best? Why do I even study hard?
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Does financially supporting your child make you a parent?
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Stop demoralizing the kids by calling them a failure… Respect the kid and treat them exactly how you like to be treated. 
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle

Son: I’m sorry I was born, Mom.
Mom: I will die if you’re not in my life.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
I promise you. I’ll never compare you to Yeh Bin again. For the academy too. I won’t force you to take more classes than you can handle.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Relax or you’ll hurt yourself.
What really counts in life isn’t friendship or loyalty. It’s your status, position. (this isn’t exactly wrong in our society.)
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Even though I graduated with a doctor’s degree. I thought it was more important to focus on raising our kids. So I gave up on all my dreams for them. My life feels like an empty shell.
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Making teens read a book that even adults find difficult? Isn’t that too much? What’s more serious is that this isn’t a discussion. It feels more like a lecture where you force your ideas. Aren’t you just giving them a hard time out of your own greed?
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
quotes-from-drama-sky-castle
Parents: Wherein the pyramid do you want to be? The bottom or the top?
Soohan: The top.
Parents: That’s right, my son. You’re so smart. You have to get to the top, right? Then what needs to be done for you to get there?
Soohan: I should have been born to good parents.
Parents: Hey, you were born to wonderful parents.
Soohan: I should work hard and live a good life.
Parents: Right, then in order for you to live a good life, what should you, as a student, work hard at?
Soohan: I should make sure I eat well, sleep well, and poop well.
Mom: Poop? Honey, where’s the stick?
Soohan: Oh dad, I actually heard that the mummy isn’t placed at the top of the pyramid. It’s actually kept around here, at the centre of the mass.
Mom: I always thought it was at the top.
Soohan: No, it’s not. It’s usually here. In other words, this is the prime spot. The middle is the best spot. That’s why it’s kept here. 

Woo Joo's father shares his observation of how cruelly the world treats the powerless in a bid to dissuade him from quitting school. Woo Joo's reply was simple but profound, rendering his parents speechless and impressed at the same time:
Power, dad; it doesn't come from where I graduated from. Who I am, what kind of person I am, and what I stand for. When all that is established, isn't that where power comes from?
Images credit: Original authors 
Final quote contributed by Nicholas Rao

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting these all in writing. If I may contribute another quote coming from the last episode, Woo Joo's father shares his observation of how cruelly the world treats the powerless in a bid to dissuade him from quitting school. Woo Joo's reply was simple but profound, rendering his parents speechless and impressed at the same time: "Power, dad; it doesn't come from where I graduated from. Who I am, what kind of person I am, and what I stand for. When all that is established, isn't that where power comes from?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so muchh i love this drama

    ReplyDelete