September 23, 2019

'My Mister' Kdrama Quotes That Will Comfort You

Edit Posted by with 20 comments
- Why are you crying?
- Because I'm happy. I'm happy that I'm close to someone like him. I'm happy.
You are the one to decide. If you consider it to be no big deal, then it is no big deal.
If you don’t consider it to be important, then other people won’t either. and if you consider it as something serious, then others will think of it that way, too. that’s how everything work. what happened in the past, it’s not a big deal. you’re the one who decides that. (Park Dong Hoon)
All humans are bound to see things that they desire. They end up searching for the things that they want to see within themselves in the outside world. If your heart is good then you won’t see a single thing that you hate in this world. A long time ago my heart was full of such anguish so I prayed for three days and three nights at Bongeunsa Temple. And that was the first time that I experienced it. My heart immediately felt a ease. There was nothing in the outside world that I hated. I even stared at baby goats for a long, long time because they looked so pretty. And even the blades of grass looked pretty. Everything appeared to be so beautiful.
Let’s be happy my friend... This is no big deal... It’s no big deal.
I want to get to your age as soon as possible. I bet life won’t be as hard. (Lee Ji An)
Kids who’ve gone through pain, grow up too soon. That’s why they’re pitiful.
The funny thing is when I’m in a bind, the scars I want to hide the most end up becoming my greatest weapon. (Ji An)

It’s easy for people who have money to become good people (Ji An)

All right, let’s do it. All right, let’s do it! Let’s see this through until the end! Let’s just see how far I can go. I’m curious, too… to see just what I will do when I am completely ruined. And what kind of person I will become. Let’s do it.
You're so nice to just anyone, like an idiot. That's why you're always suffering.
All human beings have some sorts of power within them.
Life, in a way, is a struggle between internal and external forces, too. No matter what happens, you'll be able to withstand anything if you have sufficient internal forces.
My life is already in ruins, so what's the point of crying?
I'm so sick of this world filled with people who all act like they're amazing.
- It’s fine, as long as nobody knows. Things like these aren’t a big deal. If nobody knows… then it’s not a big deal.
- Then… they’ll be scared until someone does find out. In case someone finds out… and they’ll always wonder who might know. And, whenever you meet someone new you’ll wonder, “How long will it be until they find out?” “Or, do they already know?” Sometimes… I wish that I could just have it displayed on the LED billboards for everyone in the world to see… instead of living in such fear for the rest of my life.
- I’ll pretend that I don’t know. No matter what I may hear about you… I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear it. So, promise me this. That you’ll pretend that you didn’t hear it. I’m scared… because I feel like you know everything without me even telling you.
- There’s someone who knows a lot about me. And I think I know a lot about her too.
- Are you happy?
- I’m sad. I’m sad she knows who I am.

You’re a good person.
- I was on the verge of dying but you’re the one who saved me…
- I really lived my life for the first time ever because I met you, Ahjussi…
I liked… all of the sounds you made, Mister.
And all of your words… And thoughts… And the sound of your footsteps…
all of it.
Be sure to call me if he ever bothers you again. The entire neighborhood will come running as soon as you call.
You were the first one who was nice to me more than four times. To someone like me. A person I liked.
Thanks. Thank you. You listened to everything going on in my pathetic life and yet, you took my side. So thank you. Thanks. I shouldn’t want for anything else in life now. I can’t… stand seeing you in pain because you pity me. And I… can’t stand the fact that you’re so pitiful. How could someone as young as you… feel so sorry for an adult like me? It breaks my heart too much for me to bear. If I can’t show you that I’m living a happy life… you’ll continue to be in pain because of me. And when I think of you, in pain because of me… I’ll be in so much pain, that I won’t be able to go on.
When the day breaks… I hear the clip-clop… of people’s footsteps. Hearing that sound from underneath my covers… makes me feel so lonely. You couldn’t even imagine. The feeling that I’m the only one not rolling forward.
So, sometimes… I sit outside near the door, early in the morning.
Because I want to feel as if I’m rolling forward with them, too.
I saw someone early this morning. The female employee who works at your company. She’s a decent kid. She didn’t leave, and stayed by my side. She stayed with me for 10 minutes, then left. I heard that she quit her job at the company. I heard she’s moving… to be closer to her new job. She said that she liked this neighborhood quite a lot. But when she said that… it sounded more like she was saying that she liked you.
- What kind of crazy man would like a woman like me?
- Just eat with him, and drink with him. Just do that.
- Eating with him, and drinking with him. Does that mean that he likes me?
- Yeah, that means that he likes you. That means that he likes you.
What kind of man would eat and drink with a woman he doesn’t like?
- Don’t a lot of people do that?
When there’s something that they want from the other person?
- Not Park Dong Hoon.
If he eats or drinks with someone, that means he likes them.
Why are you pressuring yourself to live a life that you wouldn’t want for someone else? You have to be happy first. Don’t use the word “sacrifice” again.
Be shameless and focus on yourself. You’re allowed to do that.
Everyone struggles for their whole life trying to have things. So they live their entire lives trying to prove themselves to everyone. But nobody truly knows what they are gaining by doing that.
The thing about human beings is... they live their entire lives in fear that they'll become failures. At first, I was truly happy that Director Park had become a failure. Because Director Park seemed to be fine... despite having failed, it made me think, "it's okay to fail." :"it's nothing, really." "you can still be happy."
Other people’s food always look more delicious to me. (Sang Hoon)
You think I haven’t gotten in trouble because I have a lot of willpower? There was no temptation. So, you never know. I don’t know if I have a lot of willpower or not.
When you have not a single shred of hate left in your heart… When you love others without any hesitations whatsoever… That’s how I can go back to my beautiful home among the stars which I miss dearly. (Jung Hee) 
- What sound do flower petals make when they fall?
- A nice sound.
If you take the time to think about it, each and every interpersonal relationship is quite fascinating and precious. You must repay them. Live a happy life. That’s how you can repay the people in your life. (Ji An’s grandmother)
You’re a good person. Really. - I want to buy you something delicious, ajusshi.
“When you feel like you want to die, don’t die. You’re a decent person. Hang in there." The mere fact that there is someone cheering me on like that helps me breathe. (Dong Hoon)
I’m going to go to your grandmother’s funeral and you should come to my mother’s funeral. It’s not going to be an awkward and uncomfortable relationship, even if we see each other later on, let’s be able to greet each other warmly and be able to act like we know one another, let’s do that.
She’s the one who got me that position.
You are all decent people. May you hang in there until you find comfort for yourselves. I was once in the same situation as you. I will help you as if we were family.”
It’s the kind of love that transcends everything.

Images and gifs credit: Original authors

20 comments:

  1. thank you for this. the script is amazing. every qoute in this series makes me cry.My ahjussi is one of the best kdrama i have seen for such a long time. its about life, struggle, suffering, pain, finding one true self, happiness and love. such a classic. actors and iu, they are all incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. Slice of life for us~ Have a great day, GOj!

      Delete
  2. i cried while reading the entire list of quotes. This was such an excellent drama. it still has a great impact on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the best drama that I watched
    I learned alot from this
    someone once said "movies and dramas are the closest to understand the life
    "

    ReplyDelete
  4. One beautiful quote is missing here..
    "There is no winning or losing in life. We are all just living our lives",Gyum dyuk says to Dong hoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! And yea, it's so beautiful. I read it again today and felt healed after a tiring day. Thanks, Unknown~

      Delete
  5. Currently watching the last episode, Excellent drama,Thoughtful and emotional ... Couldn't finish reading with out tearingup.. I am glad I found it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't express how this drama stirredup so many emotions in me..cant stop crying realising someone gets it.. Really gets it! As a person who endured hell in life I know this pain n suffering.. I am so Sorry for who ever wrote this script they must have experienced a lot in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Anonymous~

      Delete
    2. Love that it touched your heart. You're a great person, Anonymous

      Delete
  7. Rip ahjussi. I cry a lot for you I never thought I'd lose you like that in 2023.

    ReplyDelete