August 27, 2021

‘Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce)’ Kdrama (Season 1 & 2): Wise Quotes You Want to Read at Least Once

Edit Posted by with No comments

Let's forget about the mess this drama has left after two seasons. After all, we are still drawn to it and the wise lines, and awaiting Season 3, or is it just me (haha)? 

A male wolf grows old with only one female wolf. Should not a person be better than a wolf? (U Ram)

As long as her man loves her, a woman will never age.
Boys will always be boys. You will understand that as you get older. They always cause problems.
Do not defend him or bottle up your emotions. They will eat away at you. Curse him if you want. He deserves it. (Hyang Gi)
I am sure you know that fatherhood does not end with paying their tuition. Your priority is not me or her. Your children must be your priority. (Si Eun)
Love is a given in a family. (Si Eun)

Most people do not consider stealing diamond rings just to own them. I understand how another woman can catch your eyes. It is the same as women wanting a designer purse. But falling for her never should have been an option. (Hyang Gi)

Once a cheater, always a cheater. (Pi Young)
Once the love is gone, you stick together through your bond.
Pretty faces only last a month. Kindness matters more in the end. (Pi Young)
Resentment is only for those who have expectations. But I have absolutely no expectations of you now. (Hyang Gi)

- Si Eun: If I could be happy by being mad at him, I would do that. But it reaps nothing. If that is the case, then we should change our attitude. What were you going to do once you saw her?
- Hyang Gi: I wanted to hear her thoughts. I could not understand why she fell for a married man. I know love has no boundaries, but I just cannot wrap my head around. It is Nam Ga Bin, of all people. How could someone who radiates on stage do such a thing?
- Si Eun: Was that the only reason why you went there?
- Hyang Gi: I did not go there with a purpose. I just wanted to tell her our story and see if she would still choose him. I wanted her to know his true colors. He probably only showed his good side just like he did to us.
- Si Eun: Let's say she had a change of heart and ended it with him. Then what about your dad? Even if he comes back, we will not ever be the same. That is impossible. He will no longer be respected or loved by us. Do you think we will be happy if we watched him grow old and lonely? We may be happy that he is miserable for a brief moment. Let's just accept it. I know it is easier said than done, but we should at least try. I know how tough and confusing this must be for you. The once doting father fell in love with another woman.
- Hyang Gi: With one of my favorite celebrities.
- Si Eun: I know. You must be dumbstruck and devastated. Husband and wife meet as two strangers. If they part ways, they just end up being strangers again. But children are destined to be a part of their lives. They are the bloodline. I understand that this world may seem filthy and pathetic... But you see, we are all the same. It should not be "Frailty, thy name is woman," but "Frailty, thy name is human." Humans are strong, yet contradictory. When we are weak, we can be the frailest of all. To help myself endure this, I thought of all the books I have read. In the end, I belive I reaped what I sowed. Are not peaches your favorite fruit? To grow peaches, you should plant a peach seed. You cannot plant a pumpkin seed and expect peaches to grow. It is the same thing. To reap the fruit of happiness, you need to plant the right seeds. I guess none of us did that. If you hurt someone the same way they hurt you, you will be no different from them. I failed to control myself earlier and humiliate myself.
- Hyang Gi: You did nothing wrong.
- Si Eun: God told us to love our enemies. We may not be able to love him, but we should not hate him for what he has done. We should not blame anyone and just move on. Filling ourselves with hatred and resentment will not do us any good. I will only make us angrier and exhausted. Let's focus on our lives from now on. Let's not waste any time and emotions. We create our own lives. It is up to us whether to plant the flower seeds or seeds of tears and grief. Let's choose the former. Let's plant seeds of happiness. I have let go of it now. Nam Ga Bin could not drink a single sip in front of me. A part of me felt sorry for her.
- Hyang Gi: Are you a saint?
- Si Eun: It all depends on attitude. Here is a well-known example. Some people say a glass is half empty, while others say it is half full. No one has a perfect life. Is not it better for me to be healthy without your dad than to get sick while living with him? I feel the same way. Rather than seeing my children in pain while living with their dad, I will live a healthy life with you two. I would be much happier that way. It would be nice for both you and U Ram to become wealthy, successful individuals. But I would rather you become individuals who refuse to be swayed and are able to control your emotions. That is much harder to do and much more impressive. No everyone can do that. And I will try harder as well.
So it is in a form of notification now? Did you decide without discussing with me? Does our encounter, dating, and living through hardships for decades mean nothing to you? (Si Eun to to Hae Ryoon)
The simplest wishes are the most valuable and the hardest. (Hae Ryoon)
Use your words. Physical violence can become a habit. (Ye Jeong)
We require two kinds of nutrients. The kind we get from food. And the kind we receive from love. (Pi Young)

Images and gif credit: Original authors 

0 comments:

Post a Comment