October 6, 2021

‘Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’ Kdrama (Ep.7-12): Mind-Boosting & Soul-Healing Quotes

Edit Posted by with No comments
hometown-cha-cha-cha-kdrama-ep7-12
You may also be interested in:

Episode 7

Let go of the delusion that everyone is interested in you. (Du Sik)
I sometimes wondered if you were still running around in a hurry all the time and if you are sleeping and eating well. The 20-year-old Yoon Hye-jin I knew was always busy and stressed. But you do not seem to be like that anymore. I am glad. (Sung Hyun to Hye Jin)
I enjoy hanging out with people more than anything else. Eating, laughing and talking together. That is all there is to life, isn’t it? (Sung Hyun)
They say baseball is a pitchers’ game. Good pitchers do not always throw the ball as hard as they can. Sometimes, they save their energy and control their power so that they can throw at full speed at a crucial moment. I am the same. I do not sweat the small stuff. (Sung Hyun)

Episode 8

Surfing is very similar to life. If a good wave comes along, you ride it and slide it off gently. Whether the waves are vicious or stagnant, accept as it is. (Du Sik)
It is sad when you are sick alone. (Hye Jin)

Episode 9

You should be penalized too. You see, you invaded my heart. As for the penalty, let’s call it even with the chicken you bought. Let’s date! (Mi Seon to Eun Cheol)
The best meal is one that you have with your family. (Hye Jin's dad)
It is strange. This is their first time meeting. So how does he seem to blend in so well? How does he make us feel so comfortable? How does he warm our hearts easily? (Hye Jin's thought about how Du Sik manages to make everyone in her family feel legit comfortable)
At times, you guys may bicker because you do not always see eye to eye, but he [Hye Jin's dad] always has nothing but love for you. (Hye Jin’s stepmother to Hye Jin)
It is better to talk about it. If you keep bottling up your emotions, you will get sick. (Nam Suk to Hwa Jeong)

Episode 10

You can wear all the expensive clothes in the world but you look like the cheapest person, and I deserve better. (Hye Jin to her ex-boyfriend who talked badly about how old-fashioned she looked)
You need to give yourself a gift every now and then. (Sung Hyun to Hye Jin)
Nothing is easy at first, you know. Whether it’s wearing shoes or being in a relationship.
(Sung Hyun to Hye Jin)
Those what-ifs are pointless. There are too many variables in this world and they are beyond our control. So it is not your fault. (Hye Jin)
Peeling crabs and shrimps are a true hassle. It takes a lot of love to do this for someone else. (Hye Jin said so without realizing for a second that it was her who was peeling the crab for Du Sik haha)
She [Hye Jin] talks and giggles a lot. You easily get distracted in her presence. Still, it feels empty now that she is not around. (Du Sik)
Life may seem so long, but it really is not. Throw away unnecessary thoughts and be honest with yourself. (Grandma Gam Ri to Du Sik)
I am one of those people who plan every second of their lives according to a lifespan of 99 years. I do not like people crossing the line or crossing it myself. And I am fond of expensive shoes. I guess I am your complete opposite. It is the same with our blood types and personalities. I bet we are not compatible in any aspect. We are probably as different as penguins that eat krill and polar bears that feed on sea lions. But to hell with all of that because I like you. (Hye Jin to Du Sik)

Episode 11

I like you. You told me your feelings for me so honestly. I should give you a proper reply. I also have feelings for you. (Du Sik to Hye Jin)
If someone serves the ball, you have to hit it back, not dodge. To call it in or out, you need to give him a straight answer. (Du Sik)
I was feeling run-down back then. I had to make ends meet and also win a scholarship. You are right. I had no time to eat, so I always carried around a few sausages in my pocket. I never slept more than five hours per day. I was barely keeping my head above water. And you were the first person to care for me. You were concerned about my well-being and whether I had eaten or not. When you said, "Let's eat," sometimes you meant it literally. Sometimes, it meant "Let's play," or "Well done." Sometimes, it meant"Let's be happy." Those words were like a spell to me. I had blamed myself for that foolish breakup. Your words "Let's eat" comforted me greatly. (Hye Jin to Sung Hyun)
- Hye Jin: I had feelings for you. I knew you had feelings for me, too. But I feigned ignorance. I was not confident it would work. Because I felt like you had seen me at my lowest....
- Sung Hyun: That was not your lowest. You may have lived off sausages and worn ragged shoes, but you still radiated. You worked hard every day of your life and tried not to lose yourself no matter what. And I loved you for that. I am truly honored that someone like you is my first love, Hye Jin.
I have regretted not being true to my feelings back then. So, I would like to be honest this time around. I’m sorry, Sung Hyun. There’s someone I like. (Hye Jin to Sung Hyun)

I am a simple guy. I do not like complicated things. I like her. But I think I am pretty fond of you, too. Love triangles just are not for me. (Sung Hyun)

Work is tough. But what is even harder is people. (Sung Hyun)

The greatest apology form is treating her to good food~~.
I lived 34 years without you but each day seems to last forever since I met you. (Du Sik to Hye Jin)
It is not that I don't like you, I just want to get to know you slowly.

Episode 12

You know we are trying to get to know each other slowly first. Connecting our souls comes first. (Hye Jin about her love with Du Sik)
Clean teeth is key to longevity. (Hye Jin)
I am so proud that you won the prize. But we would be still doing this even if you had not. What we are celebrating is the fact that you worked hard. To me, that is more important than the prize itself. (Hwa Jeong to her son)
I have heard people call my name millions of times. But it sounds unfamiliar now as if I have got a new name. (Hye Jin to Du Sik when he called her Hye Jin (instead of Ms. Dentist) for the first time)
I would like to be jealous rather than be pitied [for my love confession to be rejected and me looking drawn accordingly]. It sure would be nice to yell at her for being concerned about another man in my presence. Do you see how lucky you are? (Sung Hyun to Du Sik)
Rather than detailed paintings, I like simple ones like this. Adding elaborate details is easy. It is harder to express the essence of something with ordinary drawings. (Du Sik)
She [Hwa Jeong] may speak harshly to you, but she cares a lot about you. (Yong Hun to Yeong Guk)
You do not have to worry about how I view your actions. You bought yourself a gift with the money you worked hard to earn, so why worry about what I think? I am not fazed at all, so do whatever it is you want. (Du Sik)
Du Sik is the new sexy! He is insecure of a woman whose earning is way higher than what he makes.
No, it is different. It becomes a special place once a memory is made there. The sea Chief Hong took me to has now become one of my favorite spots too. I love everything about here. The bonfire, the sound of the waves, the sound of the water, the scent of summer, the stars, and you. Out of everything that exists in this world, I like you the most. (Hye Jin to Du Sik)
It is not even a pricey present but the effort poured out in making it. Priceless!

Images credit: Original authors

0 comments:

Post a Comment