November 9, 2021

‘One the Woman’ Kdrama Quotes: They’re On Point!

Edit Posted by with No comments
You are the first person to ask me if i were okay today. (Young Seung Wook to young Yeon Ju)
- Yeon Ju: How could you crack jokes about [my memory loss]? 
- Seung Wook: Sorry? 
- Yeon Ju: Do you know what it is like to lose all your memories? It is like floating in the middle of the sea all alone at night. Not remembering the person right in front of me and not knowing what happened between me and those I live with. Do you have any idea how devastating and scary that is?!
- Father-in-law: How could you be standing in the kitchen now?
- Yeon Ju: If you had requested a piece of toast instead of nine different dishes for breakfast, I would not have had to stand around in the kitchen?
When your crush compliments you...
I am not sure what Mi-na was like anymore. Sometimes I think you feel even more like Mi-na than herself. (Seung Wook to Yeon Ju)
Even if it is someone else’s life, I should live it right. I will not get caught and I will return this life back to you. (Yeon Ju (aka fake Mina) said it to herself.)
Since when the wife has to be embarrassed when the husband cheats on her? (Yeon Ju to the mistress)
What are we competing for? This man, who is all confused and does not even know whose side to take? I do not want to be involved in this useless fight. You two can make love or break up all you want. I do not care. (Yeon Ju to the mistress)
When you type in your birthday on the NASA homepage, they show you the photo of space on that day. When I am tormented with such thoughts, seeing such a vast universe makes me think those thoughts are trivial. Then I become a little better. (Seung Wook)
I visited NASA website right after watching this scene. And here is for those wondering what Hubble saw on your birthday.
Even if a car speeds by, you do not have to grab me by the waist to protect me. I am different from most girls. If you do that, instead of falling in love, I will throw you to the ground right away. (Yeon Ju to Seung Wook)
And here is her real reaction! haha
Business does not work like that. Just because you have shown kindness to someone does not mean you will be repaid. (Chairman Han)
Hating someone does not give you power. (Seung Wook)
Either shine a light on the person you are trying to find, or shine a light on yourself so that the person can find you.
- Yeon Ju: It must be really inconvenient now that your arm is injured.
- Seung Wook: You said you did not care. Then will you come to my place, feed me, wash my hair, and help me shave... like they do in movies?
- Yeon Ju: You must have watched too many movies.
- Seung Wook: Sorry?
- Yeon Ju: What were you imagining? You can eat with your right hand if your left arm is injured. You can wash your hair with one hand. You can even shave too.
- Seung Wook: Why would I imagine anything like that? I was not imagining anything.
He tried so hard so that she comes to help him with anything. =))
He got caught on the spot. =))
I would come to your side right away when something happens. (Seung Wook to Yeon Ju)
You once said to me that there would be many things I could do because I did not know my past. You were right. Now that I have regained my memory and know my past, there are things that I simply cannot do. (Yeon Ju to Seung Wook)
It had nothing to do with you. I do not know what other people say, but I do not think you have to take responsibility for what your father did. (Seung Wook to Yeon Ju)
You do not have to be perfect to be confident about yourself.

'Habit' definition from Oxford Languages: A settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.
You need to make a move for you to get anywhere.
When you get to really know someone, the person often turns out to be different from what you imagined. That is when true love begins. (Seung Wook to Yeon Ju)
When you are in love, you do not get disappointed easily. (Seung Wook to Yeon Ju)
You talk about your children as if they were your possessions. If you did a bad job of raising them, do you think you can replace them with new ones? Do you think I would be grateful that you think of me as your own child? I could not be more relieved that I am not one of your children. (Yeon Ju to Chairman Han)
The thing with evil people is, if they see someone succeed, they want to destroy them even more. (Yeon Ju's dad)

Images and gifs credit: Original authors

0 comments:

Post a Comment