January 25, 2022

"Run On" Drama Quotes That Make You Want to Love Yourself More & More

Edit Posted by with No comments

Here are wise quotes from 'Run On' Korean dramas. These may resonate  with you and remind you of the importance of self love.

- Do you believe in fate?
- I do, if he is handsome.
A home is where you come back to. If you do not have one, why not get yourself something similar instead? That is what I did. A place I can come back to.
Are you too lazy to chew?
(Take care of ourselves more, mates. Health is invaluable)
- Dan Ah: How am I supposed to end it well?
- Ji Hyun: Why are you thinking about ending it when you have only just started?
Even if what you did to comfort me was for show, it still meant something to me.
- Did you ever have someone find something that you hid in your painting?
- I see time in your paintings. I value time the most. It feels odd that you are suddenly so obedient. The desire to see your painting and the desire to see you contradict each other. Even if Monet and Picasso were alive I still would have chosen you because I liked it. I liked your painting, not you. Is it really over for you? Do not end it.
- Are you a kid? Why are you being so childish? Have I grown on you or something?
- I guess so. I guess you were behind your painting after all.
Do not disappear. Be with me forever.
Families argue when they are together and miss each other when they are apart.
Stop assuming how your sister will react. Just tell her. Tell her how you feel. And if she gets hurt, hug her like this. Is not that what family is for?
- How do you even define a happy ending?
- Is it living a long and happy life?
I can read you like a book now because you love me.
I sometimes feel like I do not deserve him. When I am with him, I sometimes end up being faced with my flaws. And I lose focus on my work. Love is great but I never want to lose focus on my work no matter what happens. It is kind of like losing myself. (Mi Joo)
It is not like you will show anyone. It is for yourself. A diary is something private/ People write it for themselves. Who are you trying to impress?
Most things were resolved with apologies, distance, or steady hard work. And really, nothing is resolved, because the whole point is that they keep on living and running forward. Sometimes together, sometimes solo, but everyone keeps living their lives.
If you do not want to do something, do not do it.
Try it first. If it does not work out, you can give up then.
Maintaining your pace is very important when running. You can slow down if you are struggling. Just do not give up. You can do that as an adult, right?
You do not always have to overcome everything.
Call out to someone who can be here for you from now on whenever you are sick or struggling.
Why not include your failures as part of the process? It is also a part of your journey to success.
Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up! (Mi Joo)
That stuff you regret about your past. Turn that into something better. (Mi Joo)
My life is not your prop. I am the main character of my life.
You said you never learned how to love yourself. You can learn from books if you missed the classes.
Of all the things I have loved, why have I never loved myself? (Seon Gyeom)
Who do you think will end up living with me forever? It is me. Myself. And in your case, it is you. So you need to take good care of yourself and fix yourself whenever something breaks. (Mi Joo to Seon Gyom)
Only I can make myself feel better because they are my feelings. (Mi Joo)
I really want to get along with myself. I do not want to love myself too much, but I do not want to be too hard on myself either. I think finding a good balance between these is like homework for life. (Mi Joo)
You are considerate to everyone around you. Did you not think that kind boy would feel the same way? No one is born being able to endure pain from the start. So do not try to seem okay if that is what you are doing. (Mi Joo)
People tend to say they did things for no reason to prevent anyone from feeling burdened. (Mi Joo)
They say we all have a jewelry box we want to keep to ourselves. What is in it does not always have to be jewelry though. It can be sea glass you found at the beach, a shell, or it can be a button from someone's school uniform. Anything that can be a memory. Something that serves as a sparkling memory that I keep in a jewelry box only I can open. It's a way of saving the precious moment you might never get to experience again.
Unwanted love is the same as violence. (Seon Gyeom)
Why are you flirting with me? Keep this up and I might make a mistake.
- When was your first love?
- It has not happened to me yet.
We are different after all. You have your world, and I have mine. But we could align our worlds next to each other, couldn’t we? So let’s not be disappointed even if we cannot understand each other. That is impossible to do. Instead, we will stick to whatever is possible. (Mi Joo to Seon Gyeom)
Nothing you do makes me hate you. I just keep liking you. That being said, it is still my choice to keep liking you.
We are stars wrapped in skin. The light you are seeking has always been within.
Why do I suddenly feel like I could do anything? That is usually not the case, but I feel like I can this time.
You do not have to be legally bound to be considered family. Or be related by blood for that matter.
You keep making time to see me. You are doing that... because you cannot control your heart.

Images credit: Original authors 

0 comments:

Post a Comment