February 22, 2023

"Love to Hate You" KDrama: Why I Can't Help but Giggle Watching It

Edit Posted by with No comments
love to hate you

Believe it or not, I don't find a single romance Korean drama aired recently interesting - considering their overly cheesy and cliché storylines and unrealistic characters. But 'Love to Hate You' is an exception. This love story between an actor and a lawyer keeps me excited and entertained throughout. It is indeed the real definition of a rom-com.

1. It has everything

The drama did the enemy-to-lover and fake dating tropes, friendship, bromance, and women empowerment well. Usually, I get bored as the couple starts dating. But 'Love to Hate You' kept me on edge and made me happy the whole time.
love to hate you
love to hate you
Best bromance ever

2. Not the usual cliché

love to hate you
'Love to Hate You' made me smile and laugh the whole time
At first, I thought this Kdrama would be another cliché romcom with considerable misunderstanding. Still, much to my surprise, the writer chose to dump all that and bring us smart female leads and male leads as well as brilliant support characters, from the president and roommate to the stunt director.

3. The chemistry between main leads is off the chart

Their underrated acting performances aside, the chemistry is beyond amazing. I can't get enough of their cute and funny yet romantic and sexy scenes.
love to hate you
love to hate you
The main leads' intimacy feels real

4. The smooth and satisfying dynamic of the plot

There are not any frustrating scenes even when the female lead tried to push the male lead toward his ex-girlfriend. Besides, this drama has some of the most fantastic hug scenes I have seen in Korean dramas. 
love to hate you
love to hate you
So warm

Final words

I had some great hours of my life seeing 'Love to Hate You.' Relatively different from others, it's one of the best TV shows I have watched this far. If you're losing faith in love, aren't fond of flat and boring dramas, or simply want to have a relaxing night, I encourage you to enjoy this light-hearted rom-com. Plus, women of any age shouldn't miss it - you'll love the story of having an independent and intelligent female lead instead of a doormat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment