August 23, 2023

"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1-2): I’m Not Good Yet. I’ll Blossom One Spring

Edit Posted by with No comments

"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

A wedding isn’t the only major event in life, you know. (Dong Eun)

Because they’re staying warm, they don’t realize how cold it is outside. Life is just calm and happy for them. (Dong Eun)

Don’t bully another student because you wear better clothes, because you ride in a better car, or because you live in a better house. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

You know those moments? Those moments when you’re allowed to like someone? If those moments mean that you’re alive, then how many days do you think I have really lived?(Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

Keeping myself going is so tiring. I’m so sick of it. (Dong Eun)

Some hatred resembles longing. It’s impossible to get rid of. (Dong Eun)

Starting today, my dream is you. I really hope we’ll see each other again. (Dong Eun to Yeon Jin)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

I’m not looking for a prince. What I need is not a prince, but a headsman who will join me in the sword dance. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

Dong Eun: Ugly, right? My scars.
Yeo Jeong: They’re injuries.
I’ll do whatever you say like it’s a royal command. Anything at all. I’ll show you a wild sword dance. (Yeo Jeong)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, fracture for fracture. The one who inflicted the injury must suffer the same. I don’t know. That sounds too fair to me. (Dong Eun)

Your feet that were eager to inflict pain on others and all the feet that walked next to them. Your lips that laughed at others’ misfortune and all the lips that laughed with them. Those leering eyes and all the eyes that gazed at them with affection. Your hand that mocked and broke others and all the hands that held it. And your soul that rejoiced in every single moment. That’s how far I’m planning to go. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

I sometimes wonder. The solidarity between victims and the solidarity between perpetrators. Which of them is stronger? (Dong Eun)

A battle fought fiercely, in silence. (Yeo Jeong)

I’m afraid I’ll forget what I should be doing if I start laughing. (Dong Eun) 

You need to get punished. Criminal punishment if God’s on your side, and divine punishment if God’s on my side. (Dong Eun)

Do you know what’s nice about not having a religion? You know where you’re going when you die. Hell. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

You’ll never find a solution in the past. It’ll always be in front of you. That’s just what life is like. (Yeon Jin's mother)

Once your revenge is over, your world will also be in ruins. (Yeo Jeong)

I’m already in complete ruins with no dignity left. So, go back. I’d like to stay faithful to my rage and vice. (Dong Eun)

Your reputation becomes rumors and rumors become your reputation! (Kang Soo Han)

Why do the poor always believe in things like poetic justice or karma? (Yeon Jin)

Blindly pursuing morals and goodwill only brings you false glory, nothing more. (Dr. Joo)

Being obsessed with something that can’t be changed seems a like a loss compared to the fruits of revenge. (Mr. Ha)

Among the things that victims have lost, how many things do you think they can reclaim? It’s just their own glory and honor. Nothing more. Some regain those things through forgiveness, while others regain them through revenge. Only then can they reach the starting point. (Dong Eun)
Mr. Ha: Once this revenge is over, will you find happiness?
Dong Eun: I wish to be happy enough that I could die. I want to be happy, just by that much.

"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

I’ll never forgive you. The reason I won’t forgive you is because you still don’t understand that you were my first perpetrator. (Dong Eun) 

I may have set the plan in motion but they caused the ruin themselves. (Dong Eun)

Your lips that laughed at others’ misfortune, they’ve finally fallen silent now the misfortune is yours. (Dong Eun)

Dear Yeon-jin, whom I’ve always dreamed of killing. Goodbye. This is my last letter to you. (Dong Eun)

There was a time when I used to think, "What if anybody, or anything, had tried to help me?" Eighteen springs have passed since then. Now I finally realize that there were good grown-ups around me, too. Friends, weather, and divine intervention, too. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

The clock is ticking again, Sohee. congratulations. We’re both finally 19 years old. (Dong Eun)

(This line breaks my heart. They're stuck in their 18-year-old selves because of their haunting past 🥺)

"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)

When you said we should die in the spring, you meant we should bloom in the spring. Thank you very much for saving me. (Dong Eun)

While I didn’t grow up to be good, eventually a spring will come when I'll fully bloom. (Dong Eun)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
"The Glory" Quotes (Season 1+2)
Dong Eun decided to continue life beautifully. She covered her scars with tattoos of the same flowers she planted

0 comments:

Post a Comment