October 22, 2023

Why marry if you don't want to have kids?

Edit Posted by with No comments
[instiz] Why marry if you don't want to have kids?

"I think that for a man, getting married means he wants to take on the role of the family leader. He proposes because he wants to be a father more than a husband. That’s why I don’t rush into marriage until I’m ready to have children."

I don’t really get this reasoning (except for biological or fertility issues). What’s the point? Why does a man need to be married to be a father? Why does he prioritize fatherhood over husbandhood? What if he and his spouse have different views on parenting or family planning? How does he balance his roles as a father and a husband? I wonder if this perspective is influenced by cultural or personal factors, or if it is a common belief among men. 

Comments

1. Do you have to give birth if you get married…?

2. I think having kids is not important, as long as you love and care for your partner and want to be with them.

3. Having a legal partner is more beneficial than you think…It makes a big difference.

4. I think having a baby is a big commitment that requires a lot of sacrifices, so I don’t want to get pregnant until I’m financially stable. Men’s careers are not affected by having children, but women’s are. The physical toll of pregnancy and childbirth is another issue, and I’ve worked so hard to get where I am, but if I have to quit my job after having a baby, I’ll honestly resent him (yes, I’m selfish yes)

5. People have different views, it’s not mandatory to have kids ㅋㅋ

6. That’s like asking “Why should I eat if I can’t poop”

7. If a man proposes to me because he wants to be a dad more than my husband, I wouldn’t want to marry him anyway.

8. But it’s true that most men think like the OP said.

9. To me, marriage is like taking dating to the next level! It’s also a way to have a one-of-a-kind relationship.

10. Actually, my boyfriend doesn’t want a kid either.

(Source: instiz)

0 comments:

Post a Comment