November 16, 2023

"Perfect Marriage Revenge" Drama Review: A 12-Episode Roller Coaster of Revenge & Love

Edit Posted by with No comments
"Perfect Marriage Revenge" Drama Review: A 12-Episode Roller Coaster of Revenge & Love

I love "Perfect Marriage Revenge"! It’s amazing how the male lead is so loyal, supportive, and drama-free with the female lead. The female lead is a great actress. She shows a big change in her personality before and after the car crash. I enjoy watching Han Yi Joo get rebirth and can’t wait to see her make them pay!

What is Perfect Marriage Revenge about?

"Perfect Marriage Revenge" Drama Review: A 12-Episode Roller Coaster of Revenge & Love

Han Yi-Joo (Jung Yoo-Min) is an artist who was adopted by a wealthy family but never felt loved by them. Her husband, Jung Se-Hyeok, loves her sister, Han Yoo-Ra (Jin Ji-Hee). 

One day, Han Yi-Joo dies in a car crash, but wakes up in the past, before she marries Jung Se-Hyeok. She decides to change her destiny and avenge her family by breaking up with Jung Se-Hyeok and marrying Seo Do-guk (Sung Hoon), the man her sister loves. 

Seo Do-guk is the heir of a huge conglomerate and a handsome genius. He agrees to marry Han Yi-Joo on a contract basis but secretly hopes to make it a real marriage.

Number of episodes: 12 (it's giving a 100-episode drama in one (12 episodes) 

Main cast

  • Sung Hoon as Seo Do-guk
  • Jung Yoo-min as Han Yi-joo
  • Jin Ji-hee as Han Yoo-ra
  • Kang Shin-hyo as Seo Jong-wook
  • Oh Seung-yoon as Yoo Se-hyuk

My take

I think the time travel twist was a good idea because it made the story more unique and refreshing. I've seen many dramas where the leads wake up from a coma and seek revenge on everyone. But time travel and revenge are not very common. So if they are well done, people will enjoy watching them.

The "Perfect Marriage Revenge" drama has an interesting and clever plot. The actors are good at playing their roles, and the story makes me curious about the relationships between the characters. I understand why some people wonder why the female lead still struggles with her self-esteem after being abused by her family. But I think it's realistic because it's not easy to overcome years of criticism and insults. The script shows how hard it is to find your own value when you've been told all your life that you're worthless. It would be unrealistic if she suddenly became confident. I like that the writers show her insecurities.

Also, I like that the nicest and most caring family is the one with the most power. The leads communicate well with each other; they don't hide their problems. The male lead is supportive of the female lead. I'm glad he confessed his feelings and promised to stay by her side, no matter what. He's the only person she can trust and open up to while she gets her revenge. He's one of the best male leads I've seen in a Makjang drama. If you know of any other dramas with a similar male lead, please let me know. I would love to watch them.~ 

Yi Joo to Do Guk: I can't reciprocate your feelings.
Do Guk: That's okay
Yi Joo: I can't love anyone.
Do Guk: You shouldn't. I will love you.
Do Guk: Use me all you want. I am ready to get used by you.
"Perfect Marriage Revenge" Drama Review: A 12-Episode Roller Coaster of Revenge & Love

"Perfect Marriage Revenge" Drama Review: A 12-Episode Roller Coaster of Revenge & Love

It's great that the female lead has some great lines to put down her enemies.

Yi Joo to Yoo Ra: You can keep posting on social media. I'll spend the rest of my life with the man I love.

Do Guk to Yoo Ra: Yes, I hope you find someone nice soon.

Yi Joo is awesome when she gets into her villain mode. And Do Guk always has some witty remarks to attack Yoo Ra!

From what I see, there's more to the male lead's death. I suspect the older brother is involved. Maybe the male lead was in the other car. The truck hit the female lead's car, but it could have hit the male lead's car harder.

While Perfect Marriage Revenge only has 12 episodes, it has all the elements of a longer drama. It's indeed a great condensed version of a 50-episode weekender or a 100-episode daily drama. Besides, Perfect Marriage Revenge is better written than many higher-budget dramas with famous actors. Jung Yoo Min is a great actress. She deserves more main roles. She reminds me of Jin Ki Joo and Lee Min Jung a bit. This drama also reminds me of the old Kdramas that I used to watch in 2016.

I hope the time travel is real and not a dream or something. And hopefully, the main couple will have a happy ending. If they did a Reborn Rich ending, that would disappoint me a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment