November 6, 2023

Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it

Edit Posted by with No comments
Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it

Don’t call them sushi rolls. And what to eat with kimbap? It's best not to soak them in soy sauce. Kimbaps are a different dish, and they have their own flavor. They are always sold out, but seeing them spoiled like that breaks my heart.
Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it

Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it

Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it

Kimbap: The dish that Koreans loved until they saw how foreigners ate it
Koreans are disappointed by how foreigners eat kimbap with soy sauce
Comments:
- What are you doing to the final product of the kimbap?
- We also put potatoes on pizza, so we already offended Italians and Americans, lol
- Don’t use soy sauce, use mayonnaise. It’s much better
- Mayonnaise, Sriracha, trust me
- They should dip it in spicy rice cake sauce instead of soy sauce
- I don’t really mind how they eat it, though, haha
- Oh, but now I get why Italians are so mad about Americanos, lololol
- Please try it with mayonnaise, chopped green chilies, and fire noodle sauce, I beg you
- It’s because we don’t know the taste, but it might be yummy
- Just let them eat however they want. Who cares how they like it? You guys sound like old people
- I don’t mind what they sprinkle on it, but I hope it’s not soy sauce because that would make it too salty
- I’m not sure what kind of soy sauce they use, but if it’s the regular salty one, then it would ruin any food it touches. Maybe it’s a special sauce-type soy sauce that has a darker color and a milder flavor.
- If I had to eat something with it, I would choose ramen or tteokbokki. They go well with gimbap.
- I remember Seojin once ate gimbap with sauce, and he seemed to like it. Maybe Westerners prefer salty food.
- It looks salty just by looking at it. But maybe foreigners like that kind of taste.
- I think the best way to eat gimbap is plain, but sometimes I like to dip it in the pork cutlet sauce. It’s delicious.
- In Southeast Asia, some gimbap vendors give you soy sauce as a condiment.
- If you want to add some flavor, try sprinkling some sesame oil on it. It makes it taste even better.
- When I was studying in the U.S., I saw oatmeal porridge in a restaurant, and I added some soy sauce to it, thinking it was like rice porridge. But the American next to me looked at me weirdly and added some sugar to his porridge. I don’t like sugar in porridge. The funny thing is that the next day, we switched our toppings and tried each other’s porridge. We didn’t understand each other, but we were curious about the different tastes.

(Source: theqoo)

0 comments:

Post a Comment