December 9, 2023

My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

Edit Posted by with No comments

My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

"My Demon" appeals to me because I enjoy fantasy romcoms. The plot is quite captivating. I think Kim You-Jung and Song Kang's chemistry is off the charts. 

The production and cinematography are done masterfully; the tango dance scene, the lighting and glow when the leads gaze at each other. They are great. The costume/wardrobe team also did a wonderful job choosing the clothes for the cast.

Number of episodes: 16 

"My Demon" drama quotes. What are your favorites?

While it is true that external forces can lead people astray, all evil ultimately stems from human desires. So the fault cannot lie in the evil spirits alone. (Jeong Guwon)

When I can’t rely on anything or anyone, all I can do is trust myself. (Do Dohee)

That feeling when the world you believed in disappears and you’re left completely alone. (Dohee)

Fake things are always sweeter. Salvation, love, happiness, and whatnot. Sweet things are bad for you. Do you know what’s the worst of all? Happiness. Humans end up unhappy because they try to be happy. (Do Dohee) 
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

You can’t maintain peace by covering things up. (Guwon)

Salvation takes place in the aftermath of destruction, when the familiar world around me comes crashing down, and what used to be normal is no longer normal. (Do Dohee)
This man came crashing into my precarious life. A man who is more unfamiliar and suspicious than anyone. Guwon, my salvation. (Do Dohee)

By nature, humans surpass demons when it comes to selfishness. (Jeong Guwon)

Humans tend to romanticize unnecessary and inefficient emotions as part of being human. (Jeong Guwon)
If you must share personal information, I’d prefer your bank account password. (Jeong Guwon) :))

I’m a mirror. I’m reflecting your rude behavior. (Do Dohee) 
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

If we ever get a second chance, let’s fight even harder and love each other more dearly. (Do Dohee)

Good times are excruciatingly short. (Noh Suk Nyeo)

Haste leads to mistakes. And marriage can change your life forever. So take your time to find the right one. (Noh Sukmin)

Marriage sure is crazy in many ways. (Dohee)

Only you can solve my problems. Because you’re the reason for my symptoms. (Jeong Guwon)
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

So you’re saying that you’re a demon? So you’re the devil. Why call yourself a demon? What are you, a Pokémon? (Do Dohee)
- Do Dohee: You’re treating me like a wireless charger.
- Jeong Guwon: And you treat me like a Pokémon.

(Can't get enough of their bickering :))  

Spring is about to begin within me.

I am my bodyguard’s bodyguard. (Do Dohee)

Rule number one for bodyguards: Never let her out of your sight. Rule number two: Never stray far from her. And rule number three: Never fall in love with her. (Guwon)

You must trust your partner when you tango. (Guwon) 

People who are meant to do great things are certainly extraordinary. (Prosecutor Choi)

I hurt when she hurts, and I’m happy when she’s happy. I can’t tell where I end and she begins. (Seok Hoon)
- Seok Hoon: Don’t fight this dangerous battle by yourself anymore.
- Seok Hoon: Dohee, let’s get married. You don’t have to be all alone.
- Guwon: How about you marry me instead?
- Dohee: Life sure is a series of choices
- Guwon: What I dislike is marriage, not Do Do-hee.

Who’s blaming fate? You should be blaming yourself. No one can stop the roulette wheel that has begun spinning. All that’s left for you are choices. (Suk Nyeo)

There’s no line I can’t cross. (Guwon)

I may look okay on the outside, but I’m a wreck on the inside. (Guwon)

- Dohee: Am I too pretty in the morning [after waking up without makeup]?
- Guwon: Yes.

You got yourself a doormat. Someone who’s always there. You take them for granted, end up neglecting them, and blame them for everything because they’re that easy to you. (Madam Ju)

Do you know what it’s like to be human? Everyday feels like walking on thin ice, and we use that as an excuse to prey on each other. Humans are the most cowardly and despicable beings in the world. (Star Jin)

Do you know what makes humans greater than the devil or God? Humans can become anything. Be it the devil, God, or even something more than that. (Kwang Chul)

A demon’s specialty is stirring up human desires and bewitching them, thereby captivating their hearts. That’s how a demon operates. (Star Jin)

It’s not that the place is small. It’s your greed that’s too much.

If the price of their happiness is this high, it can’t be true happiness. (Star Jin)

I admit that I’m not a scary person. But I can certainly be a nuisance. I’m quite persistent. (Seok Hoon)

If you give up now, you’ll live the rest of your life in fear. (Guwon)

Deprivation leads to growth. (Sukmin)

Growth can only happen after destruction. (Ms. Shin)

You shouldn’t dream of climbing higher without daring to hit rock bottom. (Sukmin)

I’m okay as long as you’re safe. That’s all I need. (Seok Hoon)

What’s best for someone you care about is also what’s best for you. (Madam Ju)

Do Do-hee, do what’s best for you. Because that’s what’s best for me. (Guwon)

- Dohee: Your treatment isn’t over yet.
- Guwon: Being with you is the best treatment.
- Dohee: Everyone I’ve ever loved is dead. And you’ll die because of me, too.
- Guwon: I don’t care.

Who would’ve known affection could be this contagious? (Guwon)

Drink only when you’re happy. If you drink because you’re sad, it makes me even sadder (Guwon)

What’s best for you has become what’s best for me. (Dohee)

I decided to let go so that everyone else would find peace, but I’m the one who ended up happy. (Dohee)

Sometimes, we bet everything on something without even knowing why. Maybe we only find out why after the journey has ended. (Ms. Shin)

Some call me the universe. Others call me time. You know what they say, ‘God is everywhere and in everything." (Suk Nyeo)

The world works in surprisingly imperfect ways. All you do is make your choice, and the roulette wheel spins on its own. (Suk Nyeo)

I love choices. It’s a joy to watch how my choices lead to unexpected outcomes. (Suk Nyeo)

You humans love to blame fate for everything but fate is nothing more than a web woven by a myriad of choices of your making. (Suk Nyeo)

I may have set the basic rules, but humans freely make choices rather than following those rules, creating countless anomalies. (Suk Nyeo)

If the world were to end tomorrow, is there anything you want to do by yourself? (Guwon)

What scares me is you disappearing from this world. What scares me the most is a world without you. (Guwon)

I want to spend my last day with you. (Dohee)

Even if we have to jump into the sea a hundred or even a thousand times, I’ll make sure the tattoo returns to you. (Dohee)
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

Humans always end up choosing one over the other. Whether they want to or not, that's their destiny. (Suk Nyeo)

If we ever end up having to make a cruel choice, I’ll choose you. Because I know that losing someone I love is worse than losing myself. (Dohee)

Two people entangled in fate are meant to be reunited in one way or another. Because fate always repeats itself. (Suk Nyeo)

We can’t run away from the world forever. As long as the world remains the same, so will our fate. (Wolsim)

Rather than waiting for the world to change, I’d like to change it myself. (Yi Sun)

Humans tend to blame themselves when misfortune strikes their loved ones. (Guwon)

Contrary to popular belief, love can’t save a person. It only weakens us and drags us into the depths of misery. (Wolsim)

I’ll show you that love can save a person. If we must sink into the depths of misery, I’d gladly do so with you. (Yi Sun)

Thirsty for revenge and blinded by fury, I turned evil. (Guwon)

My faith caused her death... How could you reward my faith with such a tragic death? (Guwon)

Faith is an inherently dangerous thing. Maybe more dangerous than anything. (Suk Nyeo)

It’s a fate that you created. You’re simply paying for what you’ve done. (Suk Nyeo)
- Guwon: If I hadn’t loved her, she wouldn’t have died. That’s what frightens me. I might make you miserable.
- Dohee: If I end up miserable either way, I want us to be miserable together?

Happiness has no meaning without misfortune. Humans wouldn’t appreciate happiness if they had it all the time. (Suk Nyeo)

I don’t think people have to be okay all the time. Nor can they be. (Ms. Shin)

It’s one of the countless happy days we’ll be spending together. If I’m with you, everyday calls for a celebration. (Guwon to Dohee)

Humans become the most honest with themselves when faced with death. (Guwon)

The only thing you managed to destroy is yourself. (Dohee) 

Caught in the crossfire of hatred and misfortune, we ceaselessly hurt each other and destroy each other’s souls. However, despite all that, our lives and this world continue. Perhaps that’s because there are more people who save each other with their love and trust. (Dohee)

Guwon disappeared and my salvation came to an end. (Dohee)
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

Romance may be fleeting but the heartache lingers. (Bok Gyu)

I don’t care what you are. Just stay with me... I can’t stand this world... It feels like when you died, a part of me died with you... The world without you was terrible. (Dohee to Guwon)
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

Time couldn’t heal everything if I kept running away. For time to heal my wounds, I needed to stay true to my emotions and ride out the pain and grief. (Ms. Shin)

Being without you is hell to me. (Guwon to Dohee)
- Guwon: Do Do-hee, your time goes by too fast.
- Dohee: That’s what makes this moment even more precious.
My Favorite Quotes from "My Demon" Drama

What is it about?

"My Demon" is a tale of a fake marriage between Jeong Gu-won (Song Kang), a demon who is stripped of his abilities for a while, and Do Do-hee (Kim Yoo-jung), the wicked daughter of a powerful business empire. Their brief bliss turns into a nightmare as they face the consequences of their deal.

Main cast:

- Do Do-hee, played by Kim Yoo-jung, is the head of Mirae F&B, a food and beverage company. She lost her parents at the age of 11 and was taken in by Joo Cheon-sook, the owner of Mirae Group. The role of young Do Do-hee is portrayed by Kim Gyu-bin.

- Jeong Gu-won, played by Song Kang, is a demon who has lived for 200 years. He makes deals with humans by offering them what they desire, but at a high cost.

- Joo Seok-hoon, played by Lee Sang-yi, is the nephew of Joo Cheon-sook and the boss of Mirae Investment, a subsidiary of Mirae Group.

- Joo Cheon-sook, played by Kim Hae-sook, is the founder and chairwoman of Mirae Group, a large conglomerate.

Genre: Fantasy, Romance

Release date: November 24, 2023

Network: SBS

Director: Kim Jang-han

Writer: Choi Ah-il

Streaming platform: Netflix

0 comments:

Post a Comment