December 8, 2023

"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

Edit Posted by with No comments
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

I love this kind of storyline in "Welcome to Samdalri". It’s so soothing and heartwarming. It makes me think of "Hometown Cha Cha Cha." The drama has two of my favorite actors and the best Korean mom, too. I also enjoy the Korean village life.

Number of episodes: 16

The best "Welcome to Samdalri" quotes

I’m going to become a dragon that rises from a small stream. (Samdal)

Back when we still had that silliness of children, the girl dreamed of soaring out from her small stream to become a dragon. The boy dreamed of becoming the girl’s small stream.
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

But when that silliness disappears from the boy and girl, will they realize it? Perhaps a dream is most beautiful when it remains a dream. (Yongpil)

They should apologize. I mean…It’s okay to not feel bad if I look fine? I’m upset too. (Samdal)
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

Back in my hometown of Jeju, there’s something haenyeos always emphasize when training: Dont be greedy. Remain underwater for only as long as your breath allows. The ocean may seem peaceful but it’s full of danger. So only stay down as long as your breath allows. And when you can’t hold any longer, come back to surface where you started to catch your breath. (Samdal)

I couldn’t run and leave you behind. (Yongpil to Samdal)
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels
He was the only one who came to see her art because he could never abandon her like everyone else did~

It’s easier to get over someone who dumped you than someone you dumped. (Jindal)
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels
Like migratory birds setting out in winter on a long journey to find warmth, protected by our youth as our armor, we ventured out in pursuit of our dreams... The migratory birds pursued their youthful dreams, but they eventually flew back to Jeju, their home. (Samdal)

Are you Ok? (Yongpil to Samdal)  

We all go through our own hardships in life. (Yongpil)

Being alone with your thoughts won’t give you an answer if it’s not there in the first place. (Yongpil) 

Even if you can figure out the deep sea, they say you can’t know how a person really is.

Does it hurt your pride to see your friends again? It doesn’t matter why you came back. We’re just happy to see our friend again. (Yongpil to Samdal)

People I don’t need to explain myself to keep asking questions. But people I want to talk to won’t even hear me out. (Cho Samdal)

We worked together for over a decade. But not a single one asked me if it was true or wanted to support me. No one asked how I was doing. No one cared to ask. (Samdal) 

The temperature and humidity hidden within the clouds change forms without our knowing, from fog to clouds and then to rain. And likewise, before I even realized it, my feelings suddenly changed forms from friendship to love. (Yongpil)

They say if you catch a falling cherry blossom petal, your first love will come true. (Yongpil)

The one I fell in love with back then. My crazy fool. (Yongpil)

The one I fell in love with back then. My crazy fool. (Samdal)

Guess what happens when you gain more dating experience and money. You change. People change. (Samdal)

Something stays the same even if time goes by. Perhaps like me? (Yongpil)

Just when I’d thought that I had completely let him go. Maybe that was when I was clinging onto him the most. (Samdal)

It’s much harder to get back together with someone you broke up with than to get to know and date a stranger. Because we’d never forget why we broke up. (Samdal)

The memories of our love are stronger than the reason for our break-up. (Yongpil)

It’s not just I can’t get over her [Samdal]. I just chose not to. (Yongpil)

For me, it's harder letting you go than holding onto you causing you pain. (Yongpil to Samdal)

It’s not "again." It looks like they never stopped liking each other. (Jindal)
- Do you really can't live without Yongpil?
- Samdal: You know the answer. I've always had feelings for only Yongpil. And I'll probably only love him forever, until the day I die.

What if I tried so hard to forget you that I really did forget you? What if I missed you and wanted to see you so much that I tried to remember your face but couldn’t remember it? You mean so much to me. I didn’t want to be without you for a single moment in my life. That’s why I didn’t forget about you. (Yongpil)

There’s no story to a poem. There are only emotions. (Yongpil)
Love but do it in silence.
Afraid that even the shortest encounter would be a disturbance to you. 
After leaving, how far apart are we now? 
However far away, wherever you may be, 
I know it hurts but without anyone knowing, love in silence. 
Just like a sharp blade that becomes dull over time, 
just until that pain starts to dull, 
let me love alone.

It feels like there was never a moment when you weren’t a part of my life. (Samdal to Yongpil) 

I worked like a dog to come this far. But it all feels meaningless now. (Samdal)

There’s no such thing as an easy job. But what’s good is we neither have to retire nor compete with others. We earn as much as we work, and can keep working as long as we’re healthy. (Mija)

Finding myself and inner peace isn’t easy to do. (Samdal)

Think about it. Your dream may have disappeared, but you haven’t. So let’s find her. (Yongpil) 

Maybe dreams aren’t supposed to be achieved but to be protected. And maybe my dream still has hope of being something beautiful. (Yongpil)

However tough things are or how things don’t go my way, I’ll always have a clear conscience. (Samdal) 

I never taught her how to fall, but I did teach her how to get back up. She’ll get back up every single time. (Mija)

My goal isn't finding Cho Samdal any more. Now, it’s to achieve things as Cho Samdal. (Samdal)

The sea is the best place to be when you’re troubled. It’s peaceful and no one bothers you there. (Mija)

You know those times when you want to open up your head and remove your brain? So you can get rid of thoughts filling it up. In those times, you feel better once you get some fresh air. (Samdal)

Some days, we make perfectly right decisions. Other days, we make decisions that are perfectly wrong. (Yongpil) 

They say, ‘A shadow is cast behind a shining person’. Behind the splendor and bright smiles, there is a hidden darkness that’s difficult to notice. (Samdal)

If it will never happen, just give up, Sang-do. It’s a one-sided love... If you keep loving someone even when there’s no hope, it’s too painful. (Samdal)

You see this hackleberry tree? Think of me as this tree. Even if none of the towns people care about it, it still shields us from the wind and gives us shade. Just like this hackleberry tree, even if you don’t love me back, I’ll love you forever. (Sangtae)

Forgiving her doesn’t mean you’ll forget your wife. (Grandma to Sangtae)

Even if there’s no one to protect me, I’m 10 times stronger than anyone else. Those who have others to protect are always much stronger. (Haedal)

Yong-pil once told me no dragon can rise from a small stream by themselves. They get help from the loaches, mandarin fish, and frogs in the streams. (Samdal)

Everything’s just so simple and quick. The same people who assumed I was guilty are now saying they knew I was innocent... In a world where everything changes so fast each day, I discovered the way to not get caught up and lose myself in my hometown of Samdal-ri. The place where I can truly be myself. My hometown. My people... Looking into those around me, I find myself and my path within them. (Samdal)

My vision was hindered by all the hate I received, so I failed to see something. So many people still loved me. I may have not noticed, but Seoul was full of love, too. (Samdal)

As always, we’re going for only as long as our breath allows without being greedy...  And whenever we’re out of breath, we’ll come back to that place. Our small stream, Samdal-ri. (Yongpil)

Having a place to return to is an incredible relief.
"Welcome to Samdalri" Quotes That Give You All the Feels

What is "Welcome to Samdalri" about?

Jo Yong-pil (Ji Chang-wook) and Jo Sam-dal (Shin Hye-sun) are childhood friends who grew up on Jeju Island. Yong-pil's mother died because of a wrong weather forecast, which made him determined to become a weather forecaster who could protect the elders in his hometown. He is passionate and honest, but he also causes trouble with his stubbornness. 

Sam-dal, who changed her name to Jo Eun-hye, moved to Seoul to chase her dream of being a famous fashion photographer. But when her life takes a turn for the worse, she has no choice but to go back to her hometown, where she meets Yong-pil again. They had a falling out in the past, but they still have feelings for each other. Can they rekindle their relationship?

The main cast

Jo Yong-pil (Ji Chang-wook): works as a weather forecaster at Jeju Island's Meteorological Administration

Jo Sam-dal (Shin Hye-sun): a fashion photographer in Seoul with the stage name Jo Eun-hye

Genre: Slice-of-life, Rom-com

Director: Cha Young Hoon

Writer: Kwon Hye Joo

Release date: December 2, 2023

Network: JTBC

Streaming platform: Netflix

0 comments:

Post a Comment