January 2, 2024

Worthy Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

Edit Posted by with No comments

Worthy Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

"Death's Game" is a brand-new story that shows the human condition realistically. The protagonist has been made to feel worthless by the society that neglected him. He goes through various experiences of desire, affection, deception, death, remorse, self-esteem, and connection. This has captivated me with his journey.~

Number of episodes: 8

Best "Death’s Game" drama quotes

The most difficult thing to achieve is an ordinary life where you get a job and get married just like everyone else. (Yee Jae)

People are happiest when they can truly be themselves. In the end, life would be meaningless if you can never really be yourself. (Ji Su)

I wanted a clean death. That was the only thing I ever wanted. To be able to do that, I can’t let myself die like this. (Yee Jae)

A parachute is the only lifeline in a fall.

He always makes an effort to cheer up the people around him when they are sad, even if it makes him look foolish. I believe he will be okay. (Yee Jae) 

No one is guaranteed anything in life. You’ve just been taking everything for granted. (Death)

Humans are really amazing. They say their life is like hell, but they bear with it and carry on living in their so-called hell. (Death) 

Death is merely a means of ending the pain I’m in. I refuse to struggle to survive anymore. (Yee Jae)

While I stood in place, unable to move forward, and the days kept repeating, what scared me the most was my uncertain future. (Yee Jae)

The reason we’re afraid of death is because there will be no tomorrow. That’s why I’m afraid that death might come knocking at this very moment. (Yee Jae) 

- Death: Why did you kill yourself?
- Yee Jae: Because all I could see was darkness whether my eyes were open or shut.

There are so many in this world who don't have a choice.

Do you think death's the end... it's just the beginning. (Death)

Each day felt like hell while I was alive. Now I have to go to hell even after I die. (Yee Jae)

Best Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

What’s your impression of the real hell? Do you think you can even last a minute in there? (Death) 
Best Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

I can’t end up in hell. I have to survive. That’s right. This is an opportunity. I need to grab onto it, no matter what. (Yee Jae)

These aren’t bonus rounds. This is a punishment that will teach you how scary and painful death can be before you go to hell. (Death)

Humans always struggle to life only after they die, not while they are still alive. (Death)

At first, it felt so unfair. But now, I regret being trapped in a prison called death after going out of the way to ruin my own life. It’s too late now, though. (Yee Jae)

Now that I’ve seen what hell is like, I’ve realized that being alive in itself was a chance. That’s why I don’t think it’s too late for you yet. (Tae Sang)

A man may give up his life for the woman he loves, but he would never give up the woman. (Yee Jae)

You can’t really say you’re living when you live in constant fear. (Ji Su)
Best Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices
Best Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices
Best Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

Isn’t that what you humans do? You care more about the thorn in your own finger than the knife inside someone else’s body. (Death)  

The uneventful days when we walked together hand in hand. Those moments alone were more than enough reason to go on. Why hadn’t I realized it sooner? (Yee Jae)

Why didn’t I realize then that I had people in my life who would cry with me during difficult times? (Yee Jae)

If you hurt someone, you must learn to repent. Don't make it a weapon to scare others. (Tae Sang)

I experienced 12 painful deaths as punishment for what I did. The death that caused me the most pain wasn't when I burned to death or when my limbs were severed. But it was the death of someone that I loved dearly. (Yee Jae)
- Death: You're truly a lost cause. Wasn't the thing you wanted most a chance to turn everything back?
- Yee Jae: What makes you so sure?
- Death: Because all the humans I've punished ended up wanting the same thing. Humans don't recognize the opportunity even when it's handed to them.
Worthy Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

Worthy Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices

You can't really say you're living when you're living in constant fear. But since I was a coward, I always lived in constant fear. Afraid that the world wouldn't recognize my worth, that I would fall behind my peers, and that I would be rejected. I ended up taking my own life due to this fear before my life could even blossom. I only realized after dying that life in itself was an opportunity. And the pain I thought engulfed my whole life was only a small part of it. A clear day. A rainy day. A windy day. I learned that life was made up of these different days. And that it was okay to fail as long as I kept going. (Yee Jae)
Worthy Quotes from "Death’s Game" That Will Make You Rethink Your Life Choices
Are you standing at the edge of the world?
There is only one you in this world
Unable to cry out loud
You struggle to call out the name
Of the person you loved
The only one you loved
It's okay to cry out loud
Until your cries are heard in the distant future
If you happen to encounter today
I hope there is no pain
Or despair left
Are you still standing there
Are you afraid to turn back?
The face I somberly remembered
The person I'm grateful for
The person I owe
Although there is no miracle we hoped for
Nor the strength to get back on our feet
Listen to the voice that embraces you
"I love you"
"I love you"
"I love you"
If you're still hesitating
I hope you find the courage
To stand up again
And overcome it

What is it about?

You may enjoy Death's Game for its innovative and captivating narrative (inspired by the popular webtoon by Lee Won Sik) and its powerful emotional impact. The drama follows the fate of Choi Yi-jae (Seo In-guk), who faces death and rebirth 12 times as a result of Death's (Park So-dam) verdict, while he is close to descending into hell.

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Network: TVING

Director: Ha Byung Hoon

Writer: Ha Byung Hoon

Release: December 15, 2023

Main cast:

Choi Yi-jae, played by Seo In-guk: a jobless man who has given up on life after seven years of unsuccessful attempts.
Death, played by Park So-dam: a mysterious entity who sentences Yi-jae to 12 rounds of death and rebirth before going to hell.
Yi-jae’s reincarnation:
  • Park Jin-tae, played by Choi Si-won: a 33-year-old heir of Taekang Group and its second son.
  • Song Jae-seop, played by Sung Hoon: an extreme sports enthusiast who is 38 years old.
  • Kwon Hyeok-su, played by Kim Kang-hoon: a 17-year-old student who suffers from bullying 
  • Lee Ju-hun, played by Jang Seung-jo: a 35-year-old fixer who works for a secret organization and fulfills any request from clients.
  • Cho Tae-sang, played by Lee Jae-wook: a 21-year-old mixed martial arts hopeful who abandoned his dream because of his family situation and imprisonment.
  • Jang Geon-u, played by Lee Do-hyun: a 24-year-old attractive model who draws everyone’s eyes wherever he goes.
  • Jung Gyu-cheol, played by Kim Jae-wook: a mysterious painter who came from a normal family.
  • Ahn Ji-hyeong, played by Oh Jung-se: a detective who aspired to be a great cop like his father.

0 comments:

Post a Comment