1
00:00:09,050 --> 00:00:11,469
[opening theme music playing]
2
00:01:09,778 --> 00:01:10,779
THE TRAUMA CODE: HEROES ON CALL
3
00:01:11,279 --> 00:01:13,281
[unsettling music playing]
4
00:01:14,783 --> 00:01:16,910
[zombie-like moaning]
5
00:01:18,078 --> 00:01:19,996
[thunder rumbling]
6
00:01:20,705 --> 00:01:22,707
[zombie-like moaning continues]
7
00:01:33,676 --> 00:01:36,596
DEPARTMENT OF TRAUMA SURGERY
DUTY DOCTOR ROOM
8
00:01:40,266 --> 00:01:41,101
[thud]
9
00:01:43,770 --> 00:01:44,729
[thud]
10
00:01:46,564 --> 00:01:47,816
-[thud]
-[sighs]
11
00:01:50,860 --> 00:01:54,614
[moaning]
12
00:02:00,161 --> 00:02:01,204
You a zombie?
13
00:02:01,955 --> 00:02:03,957
[moaning continues]
14
00:02:07,794 --> 00:02:10,046
[Kang-hyuk] Did you die? Are you dead?
15
00:02:10,130 --> 00:02:11,881
[Jae-won snoring]
16
00:02:11,965 --> 00:02:13,550
[Kang-hyuk] Right. You're still alive.
17
00:02:14,092 --> 00:02:16,469
-[Kang-hyuk grunts]
-[Jae-won snoring]
18
00:02:16,553 --> 00:02:17,887
[sighs]
19
00:02:19,597 --> 00:02:22,016
-[sighs]
-[Jae-won snores loudly]
20
00:02:22,100 --> 00:02:24,435
Keep it down. Quiet.
21
00:02:24,519 --> 00:02:26,187
[snoring continues]
22
00:02:27,397 --> 00:02:28,648
-Sh!
-[kicking bed]
23
00:02:29,524 --> 00:02:32,485
[Jang-mi] Oh! Oh! Again?
24
00:02:32,569 --> 00:02:33,653
-Oh!
-[nurse] What is it?
25
00:02:34,737 --> 00:02:36,489
Email from the audit office.
26
00:02:37,282 --> 00:02:39,993
[nurse] Well, Dr. Beck definitely
has been going all out.
27
00:02:40,076 --> 00:02:43,663
They wanna slash our budget
because we're operating at a loss.
28
00:02:43,746 --> 00:02:44,622
[mouse clicking]
29
00:02:44,706 --> 00:02:46,749
-[phone ringing]
-[Jang-mi sighs]
30
00:02:47,750 --> 00:02:49,377
Hello, this is the Trauma Unit.
31
00:02:50,044 --> 00:02:51,462
[phone buzzing]
32
00:02:51,546 --> 00:02:52,881
[moans] Ah!
33
00:02:53,590 --> 00:02:56,634
-[groaning]
-[phone buzzing]
34
00:03:01,014 --> 00:03:02,640
This is Yang Jae-won. Go ahead.
35
00:03:02,724 --> 00:03:05,810
[Jang-mi] <i>Dr. Jae-won.</i>
<i>Multiple vehicle pile-up. Come quickly.</i>
36
00:03:05,894 --> 00:03:06,895
On my way.
37
00:03:08,188 --> 00:03:10,899
Dr. Baek. You need to wake up now.
38
00:03:11,941 --> 00:03:12,775
A patient?
39
00:03:14,444 --> 00:03:16,988
Yes. 119 is on its way.
40
00:03:17,071 --> 00:03:18,156
Let's go.
41
00:03:18,239 --> 00:03:20,992
[funky music playing]
42
00:03:21,075 --> 00:03:22,452
[both panting]
43
00:03:22,535 --> 00:03:23,578
-[Kang-hyuk] I'm sorry.
-Oh!
44
00:03:23,661 --> 00:03:26,122
Dr. Baek, at this rate,
I'm gonna be the one facing death.
45
00:03:26,206 --> 00:03:27,957
-You wanna test that?
-No, sir.
46
00:03:29,918 --> 00:03:30,877
He's a good runner.
47
00:03:31,836 --> 00:03:33,004
Let's get the room ready.
48
00:03:33,087 --> 00:03:34,964
-They'll be here soon. Okay.
-Yes. Okay.
49
00:03:36,382 --> 00:03:37,550
[both grunt]
50
00:03:37,634 --> 00:03:38,551
[Jang-mi] Are you okay?
51
00:03:38,635 --> 00:03:39,761
-I'm sorry.
-[man] Yes.
52
00:03:44,057 --> 00:03:44,933
[Jang-mi] I'm sorry.
53
00:03:45,016 --> 00:03:46,267
-Appreciate it.
-Sure.
54
00:03:47,435 --> 00:03:49,229
[Kang-hyuk and Jae-won panting]
55
00:03:51,940 --> 00:03:52,941
Oh! Oh!
56
00:03:53,024 --> 00:03:54,817
Here we are. What happened, Gangster?
57
00:03:54,901 --> 00:03:58,238
-Uh, what do you mean, "Gangster"?
-[Kang-hyuk] Just get on with the debrief.
58
00:03:58,321 --> 00:04:00,823
Yeah. A dump truck hit a car
with two people inside.
59
00:04:04,619 --> 00:04:08,122
<i>The roads are wet,</i>
<i>and the accident happened inside a tunnel,</i>
60
00:04:08,206 --> 00:04:10,833
<i>so the driver and passenger in the car</i>
<i>right in front of the truck</i>
61
00:04:10,917 --> 00:04:12,335
<i>took most of the damage.</i>
62
00:04:12,835 --> 00:04:14,212
<i>They're being transported here.</i>
63
00:04:14,712 --> 00:04:16,172
REGIONAL EMERGENCY MEDICAL CENTER
64
00:04:18,216 --> 00:04:20,009
[Jae-won pants] Let's see.
65
00:04:21,678 --> 00:04:22,595
His stomach.
66
00:04:23,179 --> 00:04:25,306
Abdominal bleeding. It's too severe.
67
00:04:25,390 --> 00:04:26,683
-[Kang-hyuk] Hey.
-Yes?
68
00:04:26,766 --> 00:04:27,934
Resuscitation room now!
69
00:04:28,017 --> 00:04:29,143
-[resident] Yes, sir.
-Right.
70
00:04:29,227 --> 00:04:31,396
[unsettling music playing]
71
00:04:31,479 --> 00:04:34,190
-When did he lose consciousness?
-[medic 2] About 15 minutes ago.
72
00:04:38,069 --> 00:04:38,987
[resident] Thanks.
73
00:04:44,659 --> 00:04:46,953
-Get a line in. Take him to the OR.
-Understood. Right away.
74
00:04:47,036 --> 00:04:49,247
Dr. Baek. Another patient has arrived.
75
00:04:50,999 --> 00:04:52,583
[doctor 1] All right, make way.
76
00:04:52,667 --> 00:04:53,668
[medic 1] You got it!
77
00:04:54,252 --> 00:04:55,336
[intern and medic 3] Okay.
78
00:04:58,923 --> 00:05:00,174
-Scissors.
-[intern] Here.
79
00:05:01,217 --> 00:05:03,052
[resident] We're taking the patient
to surgery.
80
00:05:03,136 --> 00:05:05,263
-I'll be right there. Tell Anus!
-[resident] Yes, sir.
81
00:05:11,853 --> 00:05:14,689
[breathing heavily]
82
00:05:17,984 --> 00:05:19,986
[monitor beeping]
83
00:05:23,781 --> 00:05:25,533
[Jae-won] Uh, please perform
the anesthesia.
84
00:05:25,616 --> 00:05:26,909
[Dr. Hwang] All right.
85
00:05:32,415 --> 00:05:33,833
-[Jae-won] Dr. Hwang.
-Yes?
86
00:05:33,916 --> 00:05:35,626
[Jae-won] Could you maybe
hurry up a little?
87
00:05:35,710 --> 00:05:36,544
[Dr. Hwang] Come on.
88
00:05:36,627 --> 00:05:39,630
You know, I already feel uncomfortable
performing the anesthesia
89
00:05:39,714 --> 00:05:41,466
without any testing first.
90
00:05:41,549 --> 00:05:43,760
And now you're rushing me,
and I don't think that's right.
91
00:05:43,843 --> 00:05:46,679
[Jae-won] That's not what I meant.
The patient is in critical condition--
92
00:05:46,763 --> 00:05:48,264
[Dr. Hwang] I know. Fine, fine.
93
00:05:48,348 --> 00:05:50,808
I'll take care of it.
You just stay in your lane.
94
00:05:50,892 --> 00:05:53,353
[Jang-mi] Hey, Doc? Look at the patient.
95
00:05:53,436 --> 00:05:55,355
He's already on his twelfth unit of blood.
96
00:05:55,438 --> 00:05:57,565
Are you gonna take the blame
if this guy dies?
97
00:05:57,648 --> 00:05:59,650
[uneasy music playing]
98
00:05:59,734 --> 00:06:00,735
[Dr. Hwang] Hold on.
99
00:06:01,235 --> 00:06:03,821
-What did that thing just say to me?
-[Jae-won] "Th… That thing?"
100
00:06:03,905 --> 00:06:05,031
-"That thing"?
-[Dr. Hwang] Yes.
101
00:06:05,114 --> 00:06:08,534
[Jang-mi] Some of us are running ragged,
and here you are, half-asleep,
102
00:06:08,618 --> 00:06:09,827
calling me "that thing"?
103
00:06:09,911 --> 00:06:11,454
[Dr. Hwang] What? Half-asleep?
104
00:06:11,537 --> 00:06:13,039
-Did you hear that?
-[Jae-won] Easy now.
105
00:06:13,122 --> 00:06:14,624
[Dr. Hwang] You don't think
I take this seriously?
106
00:06:14,707 --> 00:06:17,001
-[Jae-won] Use your words.
-I'm done using my words.
107
00:06:17,085 --> 00:06:18,628
-I said enough!
-[nurse] Dr. Hwang!
108
00:06:18,711 --> 00:06:19,670
[Dr. Hwang] All right.
109
00:06:19,754 --> 00:06:22,340
I'll get on the anesthesia
and get it done right away.
110
00:06:22,423 --> 00:06:24,842
But, Dr. Yang, I need to know her name.
111
00:06:25,426 --> 00:06:28,012
I'm ready to file a formal complaint
with the head of the department.
112
00:06:28,096 --> 00:06:29,972
-I'll make sure she's penalized.
-[Jae-won] Stop!
113
00:06:30,056 --> 00:06:31,974
-[Dr. Hwang] What's your name?
-[Jang-mi] Oh yeah?
114
00:06:32,058 --> 00:06:34,602
[Kang-hyuk] Hey, Anesthetics.
What's the problem?
115
00:06:35,103 --> 00:06:36,062
What's your name?
116
00:06:36,145 --> 00:06:37,021
[Dr. Hwang] Sir?
117
00:06:37,897 --> 00:06:40,191
[Kang-hyuk] Don't ask questions
that you can't answer.
118
00:06:40,274 --> 00:06:43,027
Unless you've got a death wish,
you'd better start prepping for surgery.
119
00:06:43,111 --> 00:06:45,780
[Dr. Hwang] Yes, Doctor.
I'll get started right away. Go.
120
00:06:45,863 --> 00:06:47,323
[Jae-won] I'll go scrub in.
121
00:06:50,910 --> 00:06:52,954
-[Kang-hyuk] Hey, Gangster.
-[Jang-mi] Yes?
122
00:06:53,037 --> 00:06:56,040
[Kang-hyuk] What takes priority
when you have a patient in front of you?
123
00:06:56,541 --> 00:06:57,792
[Jang-mi] Sorry, Doctor.
124
00:07:00,086 --> 00:07:02,004
[Kang-hyuk] Don't pick fights
with just anyone.
125
00:07:03,089 --> 00:07:05,174
Leave the fighting… to me.
126
00:07:09,554 --> 00:07:10,388
[Jang-mi] Okay.
127
00:07:13,975 --> 00:07:16,561
What do you think of Dr. Baek Kang-hyuk?
128
00:07:17,979 --> 00:07:20,857
I don't know him well enough
to have an opinion.
129
00:07:22,358 --> 00:07:24,902
I just want
an honest assessment of the man.
130
00:07:25,528 --> 00:07:30,199
You encounter different types of surgeons
as an anesthesiology resident. Right?
131
00:07:30,283 --> 00:07:31,451
Mm…
132
00:07:32,034 --> 00:07:33,578
Well, Dr. Baek is…
133
00:07:35,830 --> 00:07:36,873
He's incredible.
134
00:07:37,957 --> 00:07:40,334
He performed a decompression
of intracranial pressure
135
00:07:40,418 --> 00:07:43,004
and a partial lung resection
in under two hours.
136
00:07:43,754 --> 00:07:46,257
Well, I think that speaks for itself.
137
00:07:47,008 --> 00:07:47,967
All right.
138
00:07:48,050 --> 00:07:50,803
Well, I guess his skills are
as good as they say.
139
00:07:51,512 --> 00:07:55,600
It's unfortunate that when you have
that kind of individualized genius,
140
00:07:55,683 --> 00:07:58,769
it can actually do harm
to the wider organization.
141
00:07:58,853 --> 00:08:00,855
[intriguing music playing]
142
00:08:02,857 --> 00:08:08,321
On that note, if there's any… information
that you could provide me with,
143
00:08:08,404 --> 00:08:13,493
I would be inclined to help you with
anything you need down the track.
144
00:08:18,039 --> 00:08:20,416
A spy. Is that what you're looking for?
145
00:08:22,960 --> 00:08:26,339
Oh goodness.
Just look at the moon tonight.
146
00:08:33,346 --> 00:08:35,014
SURGERY IN PROGRESS
147
00:08:35,806 --> 00:08:41,979
{\an8}NAME: LEE GI-YEONG, GENDER: MALE
HEMOPERITONEUM
148
00:08:42,063 --> 00:08:43,231
{\an8}[suction whirring]
149
00:08:44,315 --> 00:08:45,316
[Kang-hyuk] Irrigation.
150
00:08:47,527 --> 00:08:49,237
[monitor beeping rapidly]
151
00:08:49,320 --> 00:08:50,404
Blood pressure's dropping.
152
00:08:50,488 --> 00:08:52,281
-Hurry with the inotropics.
-[Dr. Hwang] Yes, sir.
153
00:08:52,365 --> 00:08:54,242
-[Jang-mi] Warm saline, please.
-[nurse] Okay.
154
00:08:57,036 --> 00:09:00,039
-[Kang-hyuk] Anus. Suction. Focus!
-[Jae-won] Yes, Doctor.
155
00:09:00,122 --> 00:09:02,166
-[suctioning]
-[Dr. Hwang] Inotropics are in.
156
00:09:02,250 --> 00:09:04,585
Get 30 more units of blood.
Increase transfusion rate.
157
00:09:04,669 --> 00:09:05,878
[Jae-won] Okay.
158
00:09:06,671 --> 00:09:08,965
Uh, Dr. Baek? There's too much bleeding.
159
00:09:09,048 --> 00:09:10,841
We need to find the source
of the bleeding.
160
00:09:10,925 --> 00:09:12,093
[uneasy music playing]
161
00:09:15,096 --> 00:09:17,723
[man 1] BP is still dropping.
It's 60 over 40 now.
162
00:09:18,933 --> 00:09:19,892
[Jae-won] Dr. Baek?
163
00:09:21,852 --> 00:09:23,271
Dr. Baek, what should we do next?
164
00:09:25,273 --> 00:09:26,857
[Jae-won breathing nervously]
165
00:09:26,941 --> 00:09:30,194
Dr. Baek! Dr. Baek, we'll lose the patient
if we keep going like this!
166
00:09:30,278 --> 00:09:32,280
[tense music playing]
167
00:09:34,532 --> 00:09:35,491
[echoes] Dr. Baek.
168
00:09:35,575 --> 00:09:36,867
[muted] <i>Dr. Baek!</i>
169
00:09:47,503 --> 00:09:49,213
[mysterious music continues]
170
00:09:53,009 --> 00:09:54,802
[Kang-hyuk] Suture.
Quickly. It's slippery.
171
00:09:58,431 --> 00:09:59,682
[Jae-won] How did you find that?
172
00:10:00,683 --> 00:10:01,684
I couldn't see anything.
173
00:10:01,767 --> 00:10:04,270
[Kang-hyuk] Suction. Stay focused!
I'm not doing this alone.
174
00:10:04,353 --> 00:10:05,479
[Jae-won] Yes, Doctor.
175
00:10:15,615 --> 00:10:17,742
[uneasy music playing]
176
00:10:17,825 --> 00:10:19,994
[monitor beeping]
177
00:10:23,623 --> 00:10:26,334
[Kang-hyuk] The superior mesenteric artery
was damaged.
178
00:10:27,084 --> 00:10:29,837
Anus, get the omni retractor
and cauterize the bleeding.
179
00:10:30,338 --> 00:10:31,172
[Jae-won] Okay.
180
00:10:38,262 --> 00:10:40,931
Uh, what do we do about the liver?
181
00:10:41,641 --> 00:10:43,309
We can't cauterize all of this.
182
00:10:43,893 --> 00:10:45,353
The damage is far too extensive.
183
00:10:45,436 --> 00:10:48,731
I think we'll need to remove at least 80%
to stabilize the bleeding.
184
00:10:49,523 --> 00:10:50,983
[Kang-hyuk] A ruptured liver.
185
00:10:52,276 --> 00:10:54,445
He's had cirrhosis of the liver too.
186
00:10:54,528 --> 00:10:56,030
It's at least a Class B.
187
00:10:56,113 --> 00:10:58,366
[Jae-won] Then his liver function
is basically at zero.
188
00:10:58,949 --> 00:11:00,409
Even if we stop the bleeding,
189
00:11:01,827 --> 00:11:02,787
you think he'll survive?
190
00:11:02,870 --> 00:11:04,997
[Kang-hyuk] Chances are slim. Gauze.
191
00:11:12,129 --> 00:11:13,297
[Jae-won] In that case,
192
00:11:15,132 --> 00:11:18,219
shouldn't we just
close him up now, Dr. Baek?
193
00:11:18,844 --> 00:11:21,722
[Kang-hyuk] Medicine is about probability.
Death is never certain.
194
00:11:22,598 --> 00:11:25,393
[Jae-won] But even so,
it'll only buy him a few more hours.
195
00:11:25,476 --> 00:11:27,103
We don't get credit for trying hard.
196
00:11:27,728 --> 00:11:28,729
[Kang-hyuk sighs]
197
00:11:30,815 --> 00:11:31,816
[Jang-mi] Oh.
198
00:11:33,359 --> 00:11:34,985
There could be another option.
199
00:11:35,069 --> 00:11:36,987
[Dr. Hwang] Jeez!
What the hell does she know?
200
00:11:37,488 --> 00:11:39,448
Does she think she's a doctor now,
or what?
201
00:11:39,532 --> 00:11:41,867
[Jae-won] Think you could hold
your tongue for one minute?
202
00:11:42,451 --> 00:11:44,995
-[Dr. Hwang] Huh?
-[Jae-won] That's Nurse Cheon Jang-mi.
203
00:11:45,079 --> 00:11:47,832
She's been working here since
the days of Dr. Kwon.
204
00:11:48,332 --> 00:11:49,667
She's a fifth-year senior.
205
00:11:49,750 --> 00:11:52,002
She's probably seen
more trauma cases than anyone.
206
00:11:52,086 --> 00:11:53,796
And she's more experienced than you or me.
207
00:11:53,879 --> 00:11:57,091
So… try showing her some respect.
208
00:12:00,511 --> 00:12:02,722
-[clears throat]
-[Kang-hyuk] Like kids at a playground.
209
00:12:02,805 --> 00:12:03,639
Are you done?
210
00:12:03,723 --> 00:12:06,016
-[Jae-won] Sorry, Doctor.
-[Dr. Hwang] Sorry, Doctor.
211
00:12:07,143 --> 00:12:10,146
[Kang-hyuk] Gangster,
what are you suggesting we do?
212
00:12:11,897 --> 00:12:14,650
-What if he received a donor liver?
-Whose liver are we taking?
213
00:12:14,734 --> 00:12:17,111
Yours? Mine? His?
214
00:12:18,195 --> 00:12:20,156
[Jang-mi] Uh, Dr. Baek, earlier today,
215
00:12:20,239 --> 00:12:22,491
I ran into an organ donor coordinator.
216
00:12:23,284 --> 00:12:24,493
[both grunt]
217
00:12:24,577 --> 00:12:25,828
-[man] Yes.
-I'm sorry.
218
00:12:27,246 --> 00:12:29,248
[pensive music playing]
219
00:12:30,708 --> 00:12:33,377
{\an8}ORGAN AND TISSUE DONOR CONSENT FORM
220
00:12:33,461 --> 00:12:36,046
[Jang-mi] <i>The fact that they're here now</i>
<i>means that an organ donor</i>
221
00:12:36,130 --> 00:12:37,506
<i>was declared brain-dead.</i>
222
00:12:37,590 --> 00:12:40,134
-Get in touch with him right away.
-[Jang-mi] Yes, sir.
223
00:12:40,885 --> 00:12:42,887
[pensive music continues]
224
00:12:45,347 --> 00:12:46,390
[sighs]
225
00:12:46,891 --> 00:12:48,893
[phone buzzing]
226
00:12:53,063 --> 00:12:54,440
Kang Chang-su speaking.
227
00:12:54,523 --> 00:12:57,735
We have a patient in need of
a liver transplant, and we're wondering…
228
00:12:57,818 --> 00:12:59,779
A patient's been
declared brain-dead, right?
229
00:12:59,862 --> 00:13:01,906
-Has the surgery already begun?
<i>-Well…</i>
230
00:13:02,615 --> 00:13:04,325
<i>Everything's been put on hold.</i>
231
00:13:05,034 --> 00:13:07,828
Their next of kin said they'd come,
but we've lost contact.
232
00:13:07,912 --> 00:13:09,747
So we're just waiting for them now.
233
00:13:10,247 --> 00:13:12,792
<i>You know how it is. We can't do anything</i>
<i>without their consent.</i>
234
00:13:12,875 --> 00:13:14,335
[Kang-hyuk] Tell us their address.
235
00:13:14,418 --> 00:13:15,544
<i>Pardon?</i>
236
00:13:16,295 --> 00:13:17,213
<i>Who was that?</i>
237
00:13:18,214 --> 00:13:21,008
[Kang-hyuk] We'll send someone
to get their consent. Give us the address.
238
00:13:21,091 --> 00:13:23,177
<i>I can't. That would be illegal.</i>
239
00:13:23,260 --> 00:13:24,345
[Kang-hyuk] Never mind that.
240
00:13:24,428 --> 00:13:26,138
Saving the patient comes first,
doesn't it?
241
00:13:26,222 --> 00:13:28,390
[Jang-mi] Dr. Baek,
let's check their blood type first.
242
00:13:28,474 --> 00:13:29,975
If the donor's blood type isn't O,
243
00:13:30,059 --> 00:13:32,019
then it would be difficult
even with their consent.
244
00:13:32,102 --> 00:13:33,687
Lee Gi-yeong's blood type is O.
245
00:13:33,771 --> 00:13:34,980
<i>Just a moment.</i>
246
00:13:35,064 --> 00:13:36,899
Uh, their name again?
247
00:13:36,982 --> 00:13:38,275
[Jae-won] <i>Oh, the patient?</i>
248
00:13:38,359 --> 00:13:40,152
<i>The patient's name is Lee Gi-yeong.</i>
249
00:13:42,905 --> 00:13:45,574
NEXT OF KIN INFORMATION: LEE GI-YEONG, SON
LEE HYE-YEONG, DAUGHTER
250
00:13:45,658 --> 00:13:48,327
[Chang-su] We have the donor's son's name
on the next of kin file,
251
00:13:48,410 --> 00:13:50,329
and it's the same as your patient's.
252
00:13:51,413 --> 00:13:53,332
[Jang-mi] Oh. Just a moment.
253
00:13:53,833 --> 00:13:55,835
[pensive music playing]
254
00:13:57,127 --> 00:13:59,922
Uh, is the date of birth July 12, 1988?
255
00:14:01,173 --> 00:14:02,007
That's right.
256
00:14:04,051 --> 00:14:05,469
[Jang-mi] You don't think…
257
00:14:06,387 --> 00:14:08,097
[Jae-won] He's the donor's family?
258
00:14:11,267 --> 00:14:13,269
[air hissing]
259
00:14:18,023 --> 00:14:21,110
[Kang-hyuk] Hold on. Could that woman be…
260
00:14:24,738 --> 00:14:27,157
[Jang-mi] <i>There was someone</i>
<i>in the passenger seat with him.</i>
261
00:14:27,241 --> 00:14:28,826
<i>Do you know who it is?</i>
262
00:14:28,909 --> 00:14:30,452
[Chang-su] <i>It's probably</i>
263
00:14:31,328 --> 00:14:33,205
<i>the daughter, Lee Hye-yeong.</i>
264
00:14:35,249 --> 00:14:37,835
[Jae-won] <i>So both siblings were</i>
<i>on their way to our hospital</i>
265
00:14:37,918 --> 00:14:42,882
<i>to see their father, who was brain-dead</i>
<i>when they got into an accident.</i>
266
00:14:42,965 --> 00:14:44,717
[solemn music playing]
267
00:14:47,094 --> 00:14:48,345
[frustrated sigh]
268
00:14:54,977 --> 00:14:56,103
[Kang-hyuk] That's good.
269
00:14:57,521 --> 00:14:59,982
Can you confirm
the donor's blood type is O?
270
00:15:00,065 --> 00:15:02,151
<i>Well, that is his blood type, but…</i>
271
00:15:02,234 --> 00:15:04,904
[Kang-hyuk] We'll proceed with
a transplant between immediate family.
272
00:15:04,987 --> 00:15:08,532
What? Um, but that's illegal
without next of kin--
273
00:15:08,616 --> 00:15:10,743
[Kang-hyuk] Oh yeah?
The next of kin are unconscious,
274
00:15:10,826 --> 00:15:12,453
so who do you expect to give consent?
275
00:15:12,536 --> 00:15:14,872
Lee Gi-yeong is gonna die
without that liver.
276
00:15:14,955 --> 00:15:16,916
<i>You could add him to</i>
<i>the transplant waitlist--</i>
277
00:15:16,999 --> 00:15:18,959
[Kang-hyuk] Are you serious right now?!
278
00:15:19,043 --> 00:15:21,837
You want us to wait
till the patient dies? Huh?
279
00:15:22,796 --> 00:15:24,131
[Kang-hyuk sighs]
280
00:15:24,798 --> 00:15:27,718
We will now proceed with
Mr. Lee Gi-yeong's liver transplant.
281
00:15:30,346 --> 00:15:32,056
If any issues arise from this,
282
00:15:33,557 --> 00:15:35,434
I will take full responsibility.
283
00:15:40,981 --> 00:15:42,107
All right, fine.
284
00:15:42,691 --> 00:15:43,776
I'll rush it through.
285
00:15:44,902 --> 00:15:46,487
[music fades]
286
00:15:46,570 --> 00:15:47,905
[Kang-hyuk] Oh, and, uh,
287
00:15:48,906 --> 00:15:49,865
I need a favor.
288
00:15:55,287 --> 00:15:57,915
We're transplanting
the brain-dead patient's liver.
289
00:15:57,998 --> 00:15:59,375
The surgery will begin at once.
290
00:15:59,959 --> 00:16:02,461
So contact the recipients
of the other organs.
291
00:16:02,544 --> 00:16:04,046
Oh, uh, okay. I'll do that.
292
00:16:04,129 --> 00:16:05,381
And also,
293
00:16:06,966 --> 00:16:09,301
Dr. Baek has made a request.
294
00:16:10,052 --> 00:16:12,262
[Kang-hyuk sighs] We got lucky today.
295
00:16:13,013 --> 00:16:16,350
I thought we might lose this patient,
but now he has a donor liver.
296
00:16:16,433 --> 00:16:18,727
[Jae-won] Sure,
but what you're saying is a little…
297
00:16:18,811 --> 00:16:20,896
[Kang-hyuk] Can you
save a brain-dead patient?
298
00:16:20,980 --> 00:16:21,939
[Jae-won] Sir?
299
00:16:23,065 --> 00:16:24,066
[Kang-hyuk] Answer me.
300
00:16:27,236 --> 00:16:28,112
[Jae-won] No.
301
00:16:29,196 --> 00:16:30,864
[Kang-hyuk] I can save Lee Gi-yeong.
302
00:16:32,408 --> 00:16:34,868
So what do you think
the right decision is?
303
00:16:36,203 --> 00:16:37,287
[Jae-won] Sorry, sir.
304
00:16:39,832 --> 00:16:41,125
[Kang-hyuk sighs]
305
00:16:41,875 --> 00:16:43,794
I will save him, no matter what.
306
00:16:45,379 --> 00:16:47,089
And I'll make sure the donor
307
00:16:48,132 --> 00:16:49,800
passes away in peace.
308
00:16:53,095 --> 00:16:55,097
[emotional music playing]
309
00:17:28,964 --> 00:17:30,382
[Jae-won sighs]
310
00:17:36,764 --> 00:17:38,015
[Chang-su] You may begin.
311
00:17:38,766 --> 00:17:40,184
[Kang-hyuk] A moment of silence.
312
00:17:40,684 --> 00:17:42,061
Right. Okay.
313
00:17:43,145 --> 00:17:45,522
[Jae-won] Dr. Baek.
You only gave us a second just now.
314
00:17:45,606 --> 00:17:46,690
[Kang-hyuk] He'd understand.
315
00:17:46,774 --> 00:17:49,985
He'd care more about saving his child
than our moment of silence.
316
00:17:50,069 --> 00:17:50,903
Scalpel.
317
00:17:55,657 --> 00:18:02,581
{\an8}NAME: LEE JI-YEONG, GENDER: MALE
ORGAN DONATION
318
00:18:21,642 --> 00:18:23,644
[emotional music continues]
319
00:18:48,127 --> 00:18:49,128
[Kang-hyuk] One more.
320
00:19:09,481 --> 00:19:11,483
[monitor beeping]
321
00:19:14,403 --> 00:19:15,279
It's all ready.
322
00:19:18,574 --> 00:19:19,575
Huh?
323
00:19:20,159 --> 00:19:21,160
Why are you running?
324
00:19:21,243 --> 00:19:23,203
We have another patient. Lee Hye-yeong.
325
00:19:23,287 --> 00:19:24,121
Oh!
326
00:19:24,204 --> 00:19:26,498
-Wait, Dr. Baek. Dr. Baek. Just a moment.
-Oh!
327
00:19:26,582 --> 00:19:27,833
-Oh!
-[nurse] What? What is it?
328
00:19:27,916 --> 00:19:29,626
Ah shit.
329
00:19:29,710 --> 00:19:32,588
I was gonna tell him about
the audit team's email earlier.
330
00:19:33,463 --> 00:19:35,340
[frustrated sigh] Damn.
331
00:19:36,717 --> 00:19:39,720
[Kang-hyuk] Hey, hey.
Which OR is the female patient in?
332
00:19:39,803 --> 00:19:42,514
Ah, in OR 27 in the main building.
333
00:19:42,598 --> 00:19:43,724
Ah. Okay.
334
00:19:43,807 --> 00:19:45,267
Dr. Jung Jun-su is in surgery now!
335
00:19:45,350 --> 00:19:46,727
-Huh?
-[intern] Got it?
336
00:19:46,810 --> 00:19:47,644
[Jae-won] Oh!
337
00:19:48,562 --> 00:19:49,980
[both painting]
338
00:19:50,063 --> 00:19:51,440
Whoa, Dr. Baek. Just wait.
339
00:19:51,523 --> 00:19:52,816
Uh, uh…
340
00:19:53,650 --> 00:19:56,236
They transferred her to orthopedics.
They're taking care of her now.
341
00:19:56,320 --> 00:19:58,113
Come on. She's a major trauma patient.
342
00:19:58,197 --> 00:19:59,948
-No, well, the thing is…
-Come on!
343
00:20:00,574 --> 00:20:03,660
Dr. Jung Jun-su,
the one performing the surgery, is…
344
00:20:06,205 --> 00:20:07,497
quite similar to you.
345
00:20:07,581 --> 00:20:08,624
What?
346
00:20:08,707 --> 00:20:10,209
-He's a genius?
-Yes.
347
00:20:10,292 --> 00:20:11,168
Huh?
348
00:20:11,251 --> 00:20:12,294
Uh, no, he's not…
349
00:20:12,878 --> 00:20:15,714
It's just that he's… a little…
350
00:20:17,674 --> 00:20:18,675
fiery.
351
00:20:21,053 --> 00:20:23,513
All right. I understand.
I just need to check something.
352
00:20:28,268 --> 00:20:30,395
[Jun-su] Damn it!
Hold that thing properly!
353
00:20:36,485 --> 00:20:37,319
What the…
354
00:20:37,402 --> 00:20:39,696
Yes, I'm Baek Kang-hyuk of trauma surgery.
355
00:20:39,780 --> 00:20:41,490
I just need to check on something.
356
00:20:41,990 --> 00:20:42,824
[Jun-su] Huh.
357
00:20:43,325 --> 00:20:44,785
Oh, <i>that </i>Dr. Baek.
358
00:20:45,619 --> 00:20:47,955
I've heard a lot about you
from Dr. Han Yu-rim.
359
00:20:48,455 --> 00:20:49,915
[Yu-rim screams in frustration]
360
00:20:49,998 --> 00:20:52,334
He took my protégé!
361
00:20:53,627 --> 00:20:55,754
I could chew him up,
and it still wouldn't be enough.
362
00:20:55,837 --> 00:20:58,465
DIE, BAEK KANG-HYUK
363
00:20:58,548 --> 00:20:59,508
[whining]
364
00:20:59,591 --> 00:21:01,176
My teacup…
365
00:21:02,886 --> 00:21:03,887
Baek Kang-hyuk!
366
00:21:03,971 --> 00:21:05,347
[echoes and fades]
367
00:21:06,682 --> 00:21:09,893
[Jun-su] I heard you triaged her.
You here to check on her status now?
368
00:21:10,519 --> 00:21:13,313
Well, you should've done
a better job to begin with.
369
00:21:13,397 --> 00:21:17,401
'Cause you've made this particularly
difficult for me. Just look at this mess.
370
00:21:18,652 --> 00:21:20,904
[Kang-hyuk] Are there ever
any easy patients?
371
00:21:20,988 --> 00:21:23,156
It's just up to you to do a good job.
372
00:21:26,159 --> 00:21:28,620
-[Jun-su] What was that, son?
-[Jae-won] Uh…
373
00:21:29,371 --> 00:21:33,125
[Kang-hyuk] If I'm your child, I guess…
that makes me the son of a bitch.
374
00:21:33,208 --> 00:21:34,835
[Jun-su] You little bastard. Listen here.
375
00:21:34,918 --> 00:21:37,045
[Jae-won] Wait, wait, wait.
Dr. Jung, it's all right.
376
00:21:37,129 --> 00:21:39,673
Uh, the board of directors
won't let it slide
377
00:21:39,756 --> 00:21:41,216
if you hit someone again.
378
00:21:43,760 --> 00:21:46,930
[Jun-su] Jesus Christ.
Spread them out, moron!
379
00:21:49,808 --> 00:21:52,728
{\an8}[Kang-hyuk] Uh,
her creatine has really spiked.
380
00:21:53,437 --> 00:21:55,981
{\an8}Nurse? What's the patient's IO like?
381
00:21:56,064 --> 00:21:59,484
{\an8}[nurse] Fluids and blood transfusions
add up to approximately 2,000 liters,
382
00:21:59,568 --> 00:22:01,528
but there hasn't been any urine output.
383
00:22:02,279 --> 00:22:03,989
[Kang-hyuk] There's no kidney function.
384
00:22:04,072 --> 00:22:07,117
{\an8}[nurse] No.
She's already experiencing hydronephrosis.
385
00:22:07,200 --> 00:22:09,745
{\an8}And lab results show
that uremia's developing too.
386
00:22:10,829 --> 00:22:13,040
[Kang-hyuk] Then will she be
in the nephrology ward?
387
00:22:13,123 --> 00:22:16,543
[nurse] Yes. Dr. Jeong-u of nephrology
is on his way here right now.
388
00:22:17,169 --> 00:22:19,171
[phone ringing]
389
00:22:21,840 --> 00:22:24,468
-This is Shin Jeong-u.
<i>-This is Baek Kang-hyuk of trauma surgery.</i>
390
00:22:24,551 --> 00:22:26,386
-Yes?
<i>-Lee Hye-yeong is your patient, right?</i>
391
00:22:26,470 --> 00:22:27,554
Lee Hye-yeong?
392
00:22:27,637 --> 00:22:29,556
<i>Yes. What is your current</i>
<i>care plan for her?</i>
393
00:22:31,016 --> 00:22:34,895
Well, I'll have her on dialysis
and monitor her labs.
394
00:22:35,479 --> 00:22:37,481
[frustrated sigh]
That is a death sentence.
395
00:22:37,564 --> 00:22:41,068
The mortality rate is too high in
trauma patients with acute renal failure.
396
00:22:41,151 --> 00:22:45,072
<i>I know that, but our hands are tied.</i>
<i>It's not like we can just find a kidney.</i>
397
00:22:45,155 --> 00:22:46,156
[Kang-hyuk] I've…
398
00:22:47,157 --> 00:22:48,575
I've already secured one.
399
00:22:50,744 --> 00:22:53,038
<i>Oh, and, uh, I need a favor.</i>
400
00:22:54,748 --> 00:22:57,834
I want you to reserve a kidney
when we retrieve that liver.
401
00:22:58,919 --> 00:23:02,839
I have a feeling that
the patient has acute renal failure.
402
00:23:02,923 --> 00:23:04,925
[stirring music playing]
403
00:23:07,094 --> 00:23:10,931
I'll perform the transplant right away.
Could you begin dialysis in the OR?
404
00:23:27,239 --> 00:23:28,448
The kidney has arrived.
405
00:23:28,949 --> 00:23:30,367
[music fades]
406
00:23:30,992 --> 00:23:33,787
[Jeong-u] Doctor,
I heard all about the kidney.
407
00:23:34,287 --> 00:23:36,748
[Kang-hyuk] Yes, the donor is
Lee Hye-yeong's father.
408
00:23:37,666 --> 00:23:39,960
I'll leave you to manage the dialysis.
409
00:23:41,086 --> 00:23:42,129
[Jeong-u] I'll start now.
410
00:23:47,300 --> 00:23:48,635
[Jun-su sighs]
411
00:23:48,718 --> 00:23:50,095
-[Kang-hyuk] Anus.
-Yes?
412
00:23:50,178 --> 00:23:52,389
[Kang-hyuk] The patient
is in very serious condition.
413
00:23:52,472 --> 00:23:54,224
Let's do this in 30 minutes.
414
00:23:54,933 --> 00:23:55,892
[Jae-won] Yes, Dr. Baek.
415
00:23:56,393 --> 00:23:58,603
[Jun-su] A kidney transplant
in 30 minutes?
416
00:23:58,687 --> 00:23:59,563
[scoffs]
417
00:23:59,646 --> 00:24:01,731
Man, you do talk a big game.
418
00:24:04,234 --> 00:24:05,068
[Kang-hyuk] Scalpel.
419
00:24:05,152 --> 00:24:10,699
{\an8}NAME: LEE HYE-YEONG, GENDER: FEMALE
KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
420
00:24:11,199 --> 00:24:13,326
[suspenseful music playing]
421
00:24:16,788 --> 00:24:17,956
[Kang-hyuk] 3-0.
422
00:24:36,558 --> 00:24:37,392
Now, cut.
423
00:24:39,394 --> 00:24:40,729
Okay. Done.
424
00:24:41,229 --> 00:24:43,565
[Jae-won] That took exactly 24 minutes.
425
00:24:46,234 --> 00:24:48,236
[music fades]
426
00:24:56,620 --> 00:24:57,662
I know. I'm amazing.
427
00:24:58,246 --> 00:25:00,248
You don't have to keep staring. Let's go.
428
00:25:01,708 --> 00:25:02,584
After you.
429
00:25:04,294 --> 00:25:06,254
[yawning]
430
00:25:06,338 --> 00:25:07,172
Hey.
431
00:25:07,881 --> 00:25:09,758
How could you be yawning right now?
432
00:25:09,841 --> 00:25:12,594
[moans] Aren't we all done now?
433
00:25:12,677 --> 00:25:16,473
And you were just starting to show
some promise today. But now it's gone.
434
00:25:17,182 --> 00:25:18,975
Let's go. We have somewhere to be.
435
00:25:19,559 --> 00:25:21,978
-[Jae-won] Where, Doctor?
-[Kang-hyuk] Just follow me.
436
00:25:38,703 --> 00:25:40,163
A moment of silence first.
437
00:25:42,499 --> 00:25:44,376
Uh, didn't we do that earlier?
438
00:25:45,335 --> 00:25:46,670
We were in a hurry then.
439
00:25:47,420 --> 00:25:48,630
We have time now.
440
00:25:49,256 --> 00:25:50,257
So let's do it.
441
00:25:51,383 --> 00:25:52,259
[Jae-won] Uh…
442
00:25:52,342 --> 00:25:54,177
[poignant music playing]
443
00:25:54,261 --> 00:25:55,929
I guess I should've known better.
444
00:25:56,596 --> 00:25:58,932
It's a noble sacrifice, organ donation.
445
00:26:00,517 --> 00:26:01,351
We should…
446
00:26:03,353 --> 00:26:04,688
offer our thanks.
447
00:26:08,984 --> 00:26:10,235
Rest in peace…
448
00:26:12,320 --> 00:26:13,405
Lee Gi-yeong.
449
00:26:31,381 --> 00:26:32,966
[music fades]
450
00:26:33,800 --> 00:26:35,051
[Jae-won moans]
451
00:26:35,927 --> 00:26:37,887
[grunts softly]
452
00:26:37,971 --> 00:26:39,264
[sighs]
453
00:26:41,933 --> 00:26:43,935
[lullaby music playing]
454
00:26:45,186 --> 00:26:46,271
I'm tired.
455
00:26:54,321 --> 00:26:55,739
-Wake up!
-[music stops]
456
00:26:55,822 --> 00:26:58,241
-[Jae-won groans]
-Oh my.
457
00:26:58,867 --> 00:27:00,452
You trying to crack your skull?
458
00:27:01,036 --> 00:27:01,911
Sorry.
459
00:27:03,163 --> 00:27:04,080
Where are you going?
460
00:27:04,164 --> 00:27:05,540
Outpatient appointments.
461
00:27:05,624 --> 00:27:08,752
-We can do the rounds later after lunch.
-Okay.
462
00:27:11,630 --> 00:27:12,881
[door opens]
463
00:27:14,507 --> 00:27:15,508
[door closes]
464
00:27:18,428 --> 00:27:19,638
[enigmatic musical tone]
465
00:27:20,221 --> 00:27:21,306
Only an hour?
466
00:27:21,389 --> 00:27:23,141
[man] <i>Hey, Anus.</i>
467
00:27:23,224 --> 00:27:25,060
[laughter]
468
00:27:25,143 --> 00:27:26,936
[doctor] He just called him "Anus."
469
00:27:28,521 --> 00:27:31,274
Wow. Now, that was just pure evil.
470
00:27:31,358 --> 00:27:33,109
Why? That's your name.
471
00:27:33,193 --> 00:27:34,986
It's what Dr. Baek calls you. Hmm?
472
00:27:37,113 --> 00:27:38,156
Meh.
473
00:27:38,239 --> 00:27:41,618
I've been in trauma surgery for so long,
and he still calls me Anus!
474
00:27:42,494 --> 00:27:44,537
[jaunty acoustic guitar music playing]
475
00:27:44,621 --> 00:27:45,622
[man] Hey.
476
00:27:46,247 --> 00:27:48,833
It's not all that bad though.
You've lasted a month.
477
00:27:49,626 --> 00:27:51,503
Hey man. What do you think?
478
00:27:52,962 --> 00:27:54,881
You know what Dr. Baek
says to me most days?
479
00:27:54,964 --> 00:27:57,425
Number one, "Hey, Anus."
Number two, "You're too slow."
480
00:27:57,509 --> 00:28:00,762
Number three, "What do you think?
No sweat, no sweat, no sweat."
481
00:28:00,845 --> 00:28:03,139
He says it's easy to remove a liver
and transplant a liver.
482
00:28:03,223 --> 00:28:06,559
It's easy to sew up an artery and even
make incisions into someone's heart.
483
00:28:06,643 --> 00:28:07,686
Come on, that is
484
00:28:09,145 --> 00:28:10,063
difficult.
485
00:28:11,064 --> 00:28:12,232
[chuckles]
486
00:28:12,315 --> 00:28:14,818
Ah, guess he's just the type
to brag about himself.
487
00:28:15,610 --> 00:28:18,571
I wouldn't even be saying this
if it was all just talk.
488
00:28:18,655 --> 00:28:19,698
The thing is,
489
00:28:20,657 --> 00:28:22,867
it is easy for Dr. Baek though.
490
00:28:23,576 --> 00:28:25,245
[man inhales deeply]
491
00:28:25,328 --> 00:28:26,496
Hmm.
492
00:28:27,122 --> 00:28:28,373
Am I the strange one?
493
00:28:29,416 --> 00:28:30,291
Huh?
494
00:28:30,375 --> 00:28:32,961
[Kang-hyuk] Hmm, not at all.
It's all completely normal.
495
00:28:33,044 --> 00:28:36,297
And your liver function tests as well.
There are no notable issues.
496
00:28:36,798 --> 00:28:40,468
See you again in six months,
and if your test results are still normal,
497
00:28:40,552 --> 00:28:43,138
well then,
it'll be your final visit with us.
498
00:28:43,221 --> 00:28:45,515
Dr. Baek, I appreciate that.
499
00:28:45,598 --> 00:28:47,392
I never properly thanked you.
500
00:28:47,475 --> 00:28:50,145
I was so out of it in the helicopter.
501
00:28:51,187 --> 00:28:52,897
Well, if you're that thankful,
502
00:28:53,690 --> 00:28:55,316
could you do me a small favor?
503
00:28:56,651 --> 00:28:57,694
A favor?
504
00:29:00,321 --> 00:29:01,614
[gentle music playing]
505
00:29:01,698 --> 00:29:03,908
One, two, three.
506
00:29:11,750 --> 00:29:14,043
You're the first doctor
who's asked for a picture.
507
00:29:14,127 --> 00:29:16,588
Well, I like to commemorate my patients.
508
00:29:16,671 --> 00:29:17,881
[chuckles]
509
00:29:20,508 --> 00:29:21,551
Thanks so much.
510
00:29:22,886 --> 00:29:25,722
[Kang-hyuk] Putting them all on display
is the least I can do.
511
00:29:25,805 --> 00:29:27,807
If not, no one would ever know.
512
00:29:27,891 --> 00:29:29,058
And they should know.
513
00:29:31,436 --> 00:29:32,687
[sighs]
514
00:29:34,439 --> 00:29:35,523
[music fades]
515
00:29:35,607 --> 00:29:36,524
[Yu-rim] <i>Dr. Baek!</i>
516
00:29:39,319 --> 00:29:40,945
Yang Jae-won, where are you?
517
00:29:41,029 --> 00:29:44,240
Where'd that snake go if he's not
at his outpatient appointments?
518
00:29:44,324 --> 00:29:45,283
Shit.
519
00:29:46,534 --> 00:29:48,244
[woman] Hi, ma'am. Are you lost?
520
00:29:49,078 --> 00:29:50,997
Oh, no. That's on the other floor.
521
00:29:51,080 --> 00:29:52,081
The other building.
522
00:29:52,165 --> 00:29:53,333
[jaunty music playing]
523
00:29:53,416 --> 00:29:54,459
Hey, Anus.
524
00:29:55,502 --> 00:29:56,336
Yes?
525
00:29:56,419 --> 00:29:59,047
This the first time you've seen
a liver transplant patient?
526
00:29:59,631 --> 00:30:00,673
Yes.
527
00:30:00,757 --> 00:30:03,092
[gasps] And you, Gangster?
528
00:30:04,010 --> 00:30:04,969
First time.
529
00:30:06,387 --> 00:30:09,641
So, it's your first time caring
for someone post-transplant?
530
00:30:10,266 --> 00:30:11,100
Yes.
531
00:30:11,184 --> 00:30:12,644
Ah!
532
00:30:13,603 --> 00:30:14,729
That's not good.
533
00:30:14,813 --> 00:30:18,691
I gotta teach you so both of you
can start pulling your own weight.
534
00:30:21,694 --> 00:30:22,737
[Kang-hyuk sighs]
535
00:30:22,821 --> 00:30:25,198
Uh. Ah…
536
00:30:25,281 --> 00:30:26,574
Oh, Dr. Baek, I, um…
537
00:30:26,658 --> 00:30:28,785
{\an8}I wanted to speak with you
about something.
538
00:30:28,868 --> 00:30:29,828
Ah.
539
00:30:30,912 --> 00:30:32,747
What? Why?
540
00:30:32,831 --> 00:30:34,332
-Well…
-She told you?
541
00:30:35,124 --> 00:30:36,292
The thing is…
542
00:30:38,503 --> 00:30:39,504
[Kang-hyuk] "Budget cuts"?
543
00:30:40,588 --> 00:30:41,506
[scoffs]
544
00:30:41,589 --> 00:30:43,299
You gotta be kidding me with this.
545
00:30:44,008 --> 00:30:46,469
The audit team's been sending us
email after email
546
00:30:46,553 --> 00:30:48,513
ever since you arrived at our hospital.
547
00:30:48,596 --> 00:30:53,643
Wait, so… tell me what the agency's
justification is for these budget cuts?
548
00:30:53,726 --> 00:30:55,520
[Jang-mi] It's more about
keeping a baseline.
549
00:30:56,145 --> 00:30:58,356
If you go above that,
your budget gets cut.
550
00:30:58,439 --> 00:30:59,482
Otherwise, it's all good.
551
00:30:59,566 --> 00:31:02,068
That's what I'm saying.
Their baseline is all wrong.
552
00:31:02,151 --> 00:31:05,280
I sent them a whole compilation
of theses and case reports.
553
00:31:07,156 --> 00:31:09,075
Look, I understand what you're saying.
554
00:31:11,536 --> 00:31:15,248
Consider me. I am the epitome
of our hospital's trauma unit.
555
00:31:15,748 --> 00:31:18,209
A senior nurse
with only five years' experience.
556
00:31:18,710 --> 00:31:21,129
I wouldn't be a senior in any other unit.
557
00:31:21,629 --> 00:31:24,757
We're barely getting by here.
I mean, this unit's all for show anyways.
558
00:31:24,841 --> 00:31:25,884
Understand?
559
00:31:26,968 --> 00:31:31,139
Just how do you think that our trauma unit
stayed afloat under these conditions?
560
00:31:32,307 --> 00:31:34,642
We would all bow our heads to management,
561
00:31:34,726 --> 00:31:36,352
then grovel before the directors
562
00:31:36,436 --> 00:31:38,229
and plead with the review board.
563
00:31:38,313 --> 00:31:39,898
Somehow, we managed to survive.
564
00:31:39,981 --> 00:31:41,482
Those were our options.
565
00:31:42,525 --> 00:31:43,776
Great work, then.
566
00:31:44,277 --> 00:31:45,904
Is that what you wanted to hear?
567
00:31:48,156 --> 00:31:51,492
If you keep doing what you're doing,
the Trauma Unit's done for.
568
00:31:51,576 --> 00:31:54,203
-I wanna protect what we've built.
-Ah, Gangster.
569
00:31:55,371 --> 00:31:56,873
I disagree with you.
570
00:31:57,373 --> 00:31:59,042
-No. We're gonna--
-[Yu-rim] Dr. Baek!
571
00:32:00,460 --> 00:32:01,544
There you are.
572
00:32:01,628 --> 00:32:02,462
Oh!
573
00:32:03,296 --> 00:32:05,548
Oh! So how are you doing?
574
00:32:08,009 --> 00:32:08,885
Why are you here?
575
00:32:09,469 --> 00:32:10,929
Come with me now!
576
00:32:11,763 --> 00:32:12,597
Where?
577
00:32:12,680 --> 00:32:14,390
You'll find out when we get there!
578
00:32:16,142 --> 00:32:17,602
I'd like to know beforehand.
579
00:32:19,062 --> 00:32:20,021
[tuts]
580
00:32:20,980 --> 00:32:23,274
Ah shit. This sucks.
581
00:32:31,532 --> 00:32:32,575
I'm sorry, sir.
582
00:32:38,122 --> 00:32:40,875
Okay, well, I know you all took
the time out to be here.
583
00:32:40,959 --> 00:32:42,961
So… for today's meeting…
584
00:32:43,044 --> 00:32:45,630
[Yu-rim] Did you know
the meeting was canceled because of you?
585
00:32:46,130 --> 00:32:48,466
I was under the impression
they weren't mandatory.
586
00:32:48,549 --> 00:32:49,759
Hey, uh…
587
00:32:49,842 --> 00:32:51,135
[Jae-hun] Uh-huh? Dr. Han. Hmm?
588
00:32:51,219 --> 00:32:52,720
Ugh, this guy.
589
00:32:52,804 --> 00:32:54,263
Ah, Dr. Baek.
590
00:32:54,347 --> 00:32:55,974
I texted and emailed everybody,
591
00:32:56,057 --> 00:32:58,810
requesting that they make time
for this meeting today.
592
00:32:59,394 --> 00:33:00,770
And still, you didn't come.
593
00:33:00,853 --> 00:33:01,980
Yep. I saw that.
594
00:33:02,063 --> 00:33:02,897
I just forgot.
595
00:33:02,981 --> 00:33:05,608
-[chuckles]
-[scoffs]
596
00:33:05,692 --> 00:33:07,527
It happens. We all forget, right?
597
00:33:08,027 --> 00:33:10,029
Sure, it can happen. Yeah.
598
00:33:10,113 --> 00:33:11,072
However…
599
00:33:11,155 --> 00:33:13,032
[clears throat]
600
00:33:13,116 --> 00:33:15,118
…the loss incurred by the Trauma Unit--
601
00:33:15,201 --> 00:33:16,035
Huh?
602
00:33:16,619 --> 00:33:17,996
Over three hundred million?
603
00:33:18,997 --> 00:33:21,207
We have to put a stop
to this kind of thing.
604
00:33:22,417 --> 00:33:23,710
Only 300 million won?
605
00:33:23,793 --> 00:33:26,462
Our government funding can supplement
that amount, can't it?
606
00:33:30,049 --> 00:33:32,135
[laughing]
607
00:33:32,218 --> 00:33:34,345
-[laughing]
-[Yu-rim] Man, this guy is just…
608
00:33:34,846 --> 00:33:36,097
Yeah. [laughs]
609
00:33:36,180 --> 00:33:39,809
That funding is typically used for repairs
and the purchasing of our new equipment.
610
00:33:40,393 --> 00:33:44,188
Such funding is not to be used
to cover our losses like this.
611
00:33:44,272 --> 00:33:46,691
Yes, but it was originally
designed for that.
612
00:33:46,774 --> 00:33:48,276
Why not cover our losses with it?
613
00:33:49,527 --> 00:33:52,655
On that note, why don't we review
the ICU's trauma unit?
614
00:33:52,739 --> 00:33:56,200
It's been the backup for the overflow
of patients from the main building.
615
00:33:56,284 --> 00:33:58,828
Even now, there are only
three beds available,
616
00:33:58,911 --> 00:34:01,664
and two of them are taken up
by other departments.
617
00:34:01,748 --> 00:34:04,417
Hey, hey. All patients are given
equal treatment around here.
618
00:34:04,500 --> 00:34:06,169
Are you serious?
619
00:34:07,378 --> 00:34:10,423
If you're using funds for trauma patients
on other things,
620
00:34:10,506 --> 00:34:12,633
I think most people
would consider that fraud.
621
00:34:12,717 --> 00:34:13,634
[Jae-hun] Whoa, whoa.
622
00:34:13,718 --> 00:34:15,386
[tuts] Yeah, well, if they audit us,
623
00:34:15,470 --> 00:34:18,056
300 million won
will be the least of our worries.
624
00:34:18,139 --> 00:34:20,516
We could be out billions
or even tens of billions.
625
00:34:20,600 --> 00:34:22,769
Then you should stop overtreating
your patients.
626
00:34:22,852 --> 00:34:24,687
The attendings won't shut up
about funding.
627
00:34:24,771 --> 00:34:25,897
Hey! Watch yourself!
628
00:34:25,980 --> 00:34:28,483
Your issue is that
you can't keep anything to yourself.
629
00:34:28,566 --> 00:34:30,818
-You just have to say it!
-You better get used to it!
630
00:34:32,570 --> 00:34:34,906
Now, as for our financial loss,
631
00:34:34,989 --> 00:34:36,824
I have no interest in your complaining.
632
00:34:36,908 --> 00:34:39,202
I have patients that need saving,
so excuse me.
633
00:34:39,285 --> 00:34:40,369
[Yu-rim] Hey! Stop!
634
00:34:40,453 --> 00:34:42,789
Oh! You better get back here right now!
635
00:34:42,872 --> 00:34:44,457
Yeah? Open the door. I dare you!
636
00:34:44,540 --> 00:34:45,833
Hey, hey!
637
00:34:45,917 --> 00:34:47,835
Hey, hey! You're gonna leave?
638
00:34:48,461 --> 00:34:49,712
Get back here!
639
00:34:49,796 --> 00:34:51,631
You son of a bitch! Come back here!
640
00:34:51,714 --> 00:34:53,049
Jesus Christ.
641
00:34:53,758 --> 00:34:54,717
[frustrated sigh]
642
00:34:55,343 --> 00:34:56,344
Hey. Yu-rim?
643
00:34:56,427 --> 00:34:57,678
Yes. Yes, Jae-hun.
644
00:34:59,806 --> 00:35:01,849
That son of a bitch is tough.
645
00:35:02,725 --> 00:35:03,643
Real pain in the ass.
646
00:35:03,726 --> 00:35:04,811
Right?
647
00:35:04,894 --> 00:35:07,605
He's gonna keep making trouble.
We need an answer!
648
00:35:08,106 --> 00:35:11,109
Do you think the board of directors
will stand for this loss?
649
00:35:13,027 --> 00:35:14,904
I could lose my shot as hospital director.
650
00:35:15,571 --> 00:35:17,240
[jaunty music playing]
651
00:35:18,282 --> 00:35:21,828
You could lose out as future
director of planning and coordination.
652
00:35:21,911 --> 00:35:22,995
[gasps]
653
00:35:23,746 --> 00:35:25,873
That… that can't happen.
654
00:35:25,957 --> 00:35:27,792
Jae-hun, Jae-hun.
655
00:35:27,875 --> 00:35:30,002
Jae-hun. You leave it to me.
656
00:35:30,086 --> 00:35:31,712
Let me handle Dr. Baek.
657
00:35:32,213 --> 00:35:34,966
Everyone has skeletons
in their closet. [laughs]
658
00:35:35,049 --> 00:35:36,801
Please just trust me on this one.
659
00:35:39,095 --> 00:35:40,221
[phone line connects]
660
00:35:42,640 --> 00:35:43,891
Hi, Dr. Yoon.
661
00:35:44,392 --> 00:35:45,476
Heard you were back.
662
00:35:45,560 --> 00:35:46,561
[chuckles]
663
00:35:46,644 --> 00:35:48,104
I think we should get dinner.
664
00:35:48,896 --> 00:35:49,730
Uh…
665
00:35:50,690 --> 00:35:53,317
You were with
Doctors for International Peace, right?
666
00:35:54,068 --> 00:35:55,945
I have a favor to ask of you.
667
00:35:57,029 --> 00:35:58,322
[chuckles]
668
00:35:58,406 --> 00:36:00,908
{\an8}INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
NAME: LEE HYE-YEONG
669
00:36:13,379 --> 00:36:14,630
[Jae-won exhales sharply]
670
00:36:16,883 --> 00:36:18,176
[Jae-won] <i>Oh, Dr. Baek.</i>
671
00:36:18,885 --> 00:36:20,386
Is it gonna be okay?
672
00:36:21,220 --> 00:36:22,805
The swelling will take a while.
673
00:36:23,306 --> 00:36:24,599
I think she'll be fine.
674
00:36:24,682 --> 00:36:26,517
-But we'll see.
-Uh…
675
00:36:26,601 --> 00:36:28,102
I wasn't talking about that.
676
00:36:29,270 --> 00:36:31,439
I'm talking about that meeting
you went to.
677
00:36:33,482 --> 00:36:35,526
Why are you so worried?
Keep your head down.
678
00:36:35,610 --> 00:36:38,154
I know, but I'm worried about
the Trauma Unit.
679
00:36:38,237 --> 00:36:40,990
Hey, Anus. You have one mission in life.
680
00:36:41,073 --> 00:36:42,909
That is to take care of your patients.
681
00:36:42,992 --> 00:36:46,162
All this stuff about
our department's budget, it's unimportant.
682
00:36:47,705 --> 00:36:49,248
Yeah, all right. [sighs]
683
00:36:54,545 --> 00:36:57,590
So, anyway, let's get dinner.
It's my treat.
684
00:36:59,926 --> 00:37:01,260
-Get dinner?
-Yes.
685
00:37:02,803 --> 00:37:04,138
-At a restaurant?
-That's right.
686
00:37:05,056 --> 00:37:05,890
[Jae-won] Yes?
687
00:37:07,141 --> 00:37:09,977
Make sure that
you tell Gangster what I told you.
688
00:37:11,479 --> 00:37:12,730
Huh? About what?
689
00:37:16,442 --> 00:37:18,653
[gasps] What did you say?
690
00:37:18,736 --> 00:37:21,155
[Jae-won] <i>Yeah.</i>
<i>He wants you to come out looking human.</i>
691
00:37:21,239 --> 00:37:22,323
[scoffs]
692
00:37:23,241 --> 00:37:24,075
[chuckles wryly]
693
00:37:24,158 --> 00:37:25,493
Yeah, all right. Fine.
694
00:37:26,619 --> 00:37:29,497
Ugh. I can't believe them. [scoffs]
695
00:37:29,580 --> 00:37:32,250
Just because I don't get dressed up?
When I do dress up…
696
00:37:35,086 --> 00:37:38,214
[woman on TV] <i>It's good to be scared.</i>
<i>That means you still have something…</i>
697
00:37:38,297 --> 00:37:40,383
As long as I'm not naked, it's fine.
698
00:37:41,842 --> 00:37:43,928
[sighs] What to wear?
699
00:37:45,304 --> 00:37:48,140
[woman on TV] <i>But I'm scared too.</i>
<i>Do you understand?</i>
700
00:37:48,975 --> 00:37:50,851
These shows are so unrealistic.
701
00:37:50,935 --> 00:37:53,020
Doctors are never that handsome.
702
00:37:54,772 --> 00:37:56,774
[opera music playing]
703
00:38:20,840 --> 00:38:22,216
-So hot!
-I know!
704
00:38:24,135 --> 00:38:25,845
-[Jae-won] Dr. Baek! Dr. Baek!
-[music stops]
705
00:38:25,928 --> 00:38:27,346
Oh God. Oh God.
706
00:38:27,430 --> 00:38:29,223
[panting]
707
00:38:29,307 --> 00:38:30,474
So sorry I'm late.
708
00:38:30,558 --> 00:38:31,809
Wow, Anus.
709
00:38:32,560 --> 00:38:34,186
You clean up very nicely.
710
00:38:34,270 --> 00:38:37,565
Actually, my colleagues know me
as someone who's well-dressed.
711
00:38:37,648 --> 00:38:40,151
I assume you're talking like this
'cause you're hungry.
712
00:38:40,234 --> 00:38:41,444
[Jae-won chuckles]
713
00:38:41,527 --> 00:38:43,612
Actually, someone bought me
this whole outfit.
714
00:38:44,238 --> 00:38:45,573
Who's that? Girlfriend?
715
00:38:46,449 --> 00:38:48,326
And you don't seem like a mama's boy.
716
00:38:50,453 --> 00:38:51,829
Anyway, let's go.
717
00:38:52,371 --> 00:38:55,833
Who knows when we'll get an urgent call.
So we should enjoy ourselves.
718
00:38:56,375 --> 00:38:57,835
What are we eating anyway?
719
00:38:57,918 --> 00:38:59,670
Sushi? Beef?
720
00:39:00,963 --> 00:39:03,007
-Fried chicken?
-Oh boy.
721
00:39:03,090 --> 00:39:09,055
{\an8}TRADITIONAL CHINESE CUISINE
722
00:39:14,018 --> 00:39:15,853
[inhales deeply] Mmm!
723
00:39:18,981 --> 00:39:19,982
Have some food.
724
00:39:25,738 --> 00:39:29,116
I should've dressed a little nicer.
I'm close to home, so I dressed casually.
725
00:39:29,200 --> 00:39:32,912
Well, clothes really don't matter
as long as you feel comfortable.
726
00:39:32,995 --> 00:39:35,998
Says the guy in, ooh, Prada. Oh!
727
00:39:36,082 --> 00:39:37,958
Looking good. [laughs]
728
00:39:38,793 --> 00:39:40,878
Don't you think we ordered too much?
729
00:39:40,961 --> 00:39:42,755
The food here is really expensive.
730
00:39:42,838 --> 00:39:43,964
Hmm? I've got money.
731
00:39:44,048 --> 00:39:46,050
[Jang-mi] Mm. Were you born rich?
732
00:39:46,133 --> 00:39:48,344
Were you born into riches?
733
00:39:48,427 --> 00:39:49,261
[Kang-hyuk] Hmm?
734
00:39:50,554 --> 00:39:51,680
I'm the rich one.
735
00:39:51,764 --> 00:39:53,766
My parents passed away young.
736
00:39:55,142 --> 00:39:57,436
Sorry, I shouldn't have… brought it up.
737
00:39:58,020 --> 00:39:59,688
It's fine. It doesn't bother me.
738
00:40:04,235 --> 00:40:06,612
[softly] Oh, that's right. Compassion.
739
00:40:08,447 --> 00:40:12,326
It might not be the ideal moment
to bring this up, but now that we have…
740
00:40:13,202 --> 00:40:16,622
My mom died when I was very young,
so I have no memories of her.
741
00:40:16,705 --> 00:40:18,499
And my father worked as a cleaner.
742
00:40:19,125 --> 00:40:21,710
One morning, as he was driving to work,
743
00:40:21,794 --> 00:40:23,337
he got into a car accident.
744
00:40:23,838 --> 00:40:25,756
He was so severely injured by it
745
00:40:26,507 --> 00:40:28,509
that none of the hospitals
would treat him.
746
00:40:29,009 --> 00:40:30,177
Eventually,
747
00:40:30,886 --> 00:40:34,140
he died at the very last hospital
that he arrived at.
748
00:40:34,223 --> 00:40:36,225
[wistful music playing]
749
00:40:36,767 --> 00:40:37,977
That's why I'm a doctor.
750
00:40:43,399 --> 00:40:44,692
[splutters]
751
00:40:45,484 --> 00:40:47,236
[softly] That was my sob story.
752
00:40:47,319 --> 00:40:48,779
That's not what I meant when I--
753
00:40:48,863 --> 00:40:50,865
[Kang-hyuk] If you won't eat,
I'll eat everything.
754
00:40:50,948 --> 00:40:53,742
Wait. We're going to eat too.
Eat up, Dr. Yang.
755
00:40:53,826 --> 00:40:54,660
Okay.
756
00:40:57,872 --> 00:41:01,083
Oh, that's right.
I'm curious about one thing.
757
00:41:02,751 --> 00:41:03,627
Your tattoo.
758
00:41:03,711 --> 00:41:05,463
This is just, mm…
759
00:41:05,546 --> 00:41:08,090
They said it would
keep me out of harm's way.
760
00:41:08,799 --> 00:41:09,884
Huh?
761
00:41:09,967 --> 00:41:12,178
I've run through countless war zones.
762
00:41:12,261 --> 00:41:13,429
[chuckles]
763
00:41:13,512 --> 00:41:14,763
And I've never been shot.
764
00:41:14,847 --> 00:41:17,057
[ominous music playing]
765
00:41:17,141 --> 00:41:18,893
[rapid gunfire]
766
00:41:25,107 --> 00:41:25,983
Just cover me!
767
00:41:26,066 --> 00:41:28,068
[tense music playing]
768
00:41:45,002 --> 00:41:47,087
[Jang-mi] <i>Hmm. Syria, huh?</i>
769
00:41:47,671 --> 00:41:49,840
When you were in
Doctors for International Peace?
770
00:41:49,924 --> 00:41:51,550
Well, something like that. Yeah.
771
00:41:52,051 --> 00:41:52,885
[Jang-mi] Mm.
772
00:41:52,968 --> 00:41:54,970
Is that when you learned
to fly a helicopter?
773
00:41:55,596 --> 00:41:57,765
Do doctors in Syria
fly the helicopters themselves?
774
00:41:57,848 --> 00:41:59,642
I have an important announcement.
775
00:42:01,393 --> 00:42:03,020
Anus, this is about you.
776
00:42:03,103 --> 00:42:04,897
You're part of trauma surgery now.
777
00:42:04,980 --> 00:42:06,815
And it feels wrong
to keep calling you "Anus."
778
00:42:07,691 --> 00:42:09,443
Yes, you're right. It's wrong.
779
00:42:09,527 --> 00:42:10,819
So I thought
780
00:42:11,820 --> 00:42:12,655
I would…
781
00:42:16,200 --> 00:42:18,452
stop calling you Anus from now on.
782
00:42:20,371 --> 00:42:21,872
How about instead…
783
00:42:22,831 --> 00:42:23,958
[lips smack]
784
00:42:24,041 --> 00:42:24,917
…"Number One"?
785
00:42:26,418 --> 00:42:27,670
-"One"?
-[Kang-hyuk] Yes.
786
00:42:28,879 --> 00:42:30,965
Like… Protégé One?
787
00:42:31,048 --> 00:42:32,174
Napkin.
788
00:42:32,258 --> 00:42:33,300
Sure.
789
00:42:35,219 --> 00:42:37,012
[Kang-hyuk] No, not protégé.
790
00:42:37,513 --> 00:42:38,347
Slave One.
791
00:42:38,430 --> 00:42:39,723
[coughs]
792
00:42:40,766 --> 00:42:42,309
-[groans]
-[Jang-mi coughs]
793
00:42:42,393 --> 00:42:44,019
Ah, no way. No way.
794
00:42:44,103 --> 00:42:46,939
Just use my real name. My real name!
795
00:42:47,022 --> 00:42:48,065
[phone buzzing]
796
00:42:48,148 --> 00:42:50,693
-[Jang-mi] Hmm.
-Hey, Number One. Answer that.
797
00:42:50,776 --> 00:42:52,778
-[phone buzzing]
-[sighs]
798
00:42:55,739 --> 00:42:57,491
EMERGENCY ROOM, HNUH
799
00:42:59,660 --> 00:43:01,328
This is Yang Jae-won speaking.
800
00:43:03,872 --> 00:43:04,748
Huh?
801
00:43:06,750 --> 00:43:08,502
Pedestrian traffic accident.
802
00:43:09,503 --> 00:43:11,005
Tell 'em we'll be there in ten minutes.
803
00:43:11,088 --> 00:43:12,214
We're coming right now.
804
00:43:12,298 --> 00:43:14,925
-Oh, I'll come too.
-No. It's your day off.
805
00:43:15,426 --> 00:43:17,428
-[door opens]
-[Kang-hyuk sniffles] Hmm.
806
00:43:18,679 --> 00:43:19,680
[door closes]
807
00:43:21,140 --> 00:43:21,974
All right.
808
00:43:23,475 --> 00:43:24,518
It's my day off.
809
00:43:26,687 --> 00:43:28,105
[coughs]
810
00:43:28,188 --> 00:43:30,983
[Kang-hyuk] I wanted to say this earlier,
but I'll keep it short for now.
811
00:43:31,066 --> 00:43:34,361
Gangster. I think you're
seriously mistaken about something.
812
00:43:34,445 --> 00:43:37,406
Fights are about winning,
not about protection.
813
00:43:37,489 --> 00:43:39,033
So I will win.
814
00:43:40,909 --> 00:43:42,494
Finish up before you come.
815
00:43:42,578 --> 00:43:44,330
[Jang-mi coughs]
816
00:43:45,998 --> 00:43:47,791
[sighs] What is he saying?
817
00:43:49,168 --> 00:43:50,419
I can't finish this.
818
00:43:50,502 --> 00:43:52,171
Uh! Uh, uh, taxi!
819
00:43:52,254 --> 00:43:54,798
-Hey, hey, hey! Number One! Hang on.
-Taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi! Huh?
820
00:43:55,507 --> 00:43:56,550
Let's make it five.
821
00:43:56,634 --> 00:43:59,053
-[whimpers]
-Hey, we need to borrow that.
822
00:43:59,136 --> 00:44:01,347
[funky music playing]
823
00:44:01,430 --> 00:44:04,141
CHINESE DELIVERY
824
00:44:04,224 --> 00:44:06,226
[distant siren wailing]
825
00:44:06,310 --> 00:44:08,270
[music fades]
826
00:44:08,354 --> 00:44:10,356
[unsettling music playing]
827
00:44:28,791 --> 00:44:29,917
[flatline tone]
828
00:44:30,000 --> 00:44:33,087
Dr. Baek, 34 minutes since we began CPR.
829
00:44:33,170 --> 00:44:34,088
Clear.
830
00:44:35,339 --> 00:44:36,965
-Shock.
-[thud]
831
00:44:39,385 --> 00:44:41,637
[panting]
832
00:44:48,227 --> 00:44:50,229
[panting continues]
833
00:44:55,317 --> 00:44:56,402
Stop it.
834
00:44:56,485 --> 00:44:57,986
[breathing slows]
835
00:44:58,070 --> 00:44:58,987
Take a break.
836
00:45:04,118 --> 00:45:07,746
[panting]
837
00:45:10,124 --> 00:45:12,126
[somber music playing]
838
00:45:13,460 --> 00:45:15,087
-[button beeps]
-[flatline tone stops]
839
00:45:17,589 --> 00:45:18,841
Phone the next of kin.
840
00:45:19,967 --> 00:45:21,051
It's too late.
841
00:45:22,970 --> 00:45:24,972
[all breathing heavily]
842
00:45:28,225 --> 00:45:29,810
It's not your fault, Dr. Baek.
843
00:45:30,978 --> 00:45:32,855
The cervical vertebra was broken.
844
00:45:33,355 --> 00:45:34,940
Their skull is crushed as well.
845
00:45:38,527 --> 00:45:40,279
If we'd gotten here faster…
846
00:45:41,739 --> 00:45:43,449
[Jae-won] It would have been the same.
847
00:45:45,075 --> 00:45:47,995
Dr. Baek, you… you can't save
every single one.
848
00:45:50,080 --> 00:45:51,248
[exhales sharply]
849
00:45:55,002 --> 00:45:56,503
[medic] Fall victim incoming!
850
00:45:57,087 --> 00:45:58,255
Hey, make way.
851
00:45:59,590 --> 00:46:01,592
[somber music playing]
852
00:46:23,363 --> 00:46:25,574
[echoing] Prep an OR! And hurry!
853
00:46:40,464 --> 00:46:42,424
[somber music continues]
854
00:47:14,456 --> 00:47:15,624
[resident] Dr. Baek!
855
00:47:24,258 --> 00:47:26,260
[panting]
856
00:47:29,388 --> 00:47:36,395
SURGERY IN PROGRESS
857
00:47:36,478 --> 00:47:38,480
[music fades]
858
00:47:39,773 --> 00:47:41,775
[somber music resumes]
859
00:49:59,538 --> 00:50:01,540
[music fades]
860
00:50:05,669 --> 00:50:07,671
[suspenseful music playing]
861
00:52:30,272 --> 00:52:32,315
[music fades]
