"Extraordinary You" KDrama Script: Ep28 (English)

1

00:00:00.310 --> 00:00:03.920

<i>[Ok Kyung Soon - Thoracic Surgery, Under Operation] 

[Episode 28]</i>


2

00:00:05.770 --> 00:00:07.840

Joo Da.


3

00:00:07.840 --> 00:00:11.870

Nam Joo, what's going to happen to my grandmother?


4

00:00:16.250 --> 00:00:18.180

She'll be okay.

6

00:00:26.130 --> 00:00:30.930

The surgery will go well. I'll make sure of it.


7

00:00:30.930 --> 00:00:33.980

- Why? 

 - Because I like you.


8

00:00:35.260 --> 00:00:36.240

You're saying the same thing again.


9

00:00:36.240 --> 00:00:37.810

And, Joo Da,


10

00:00:37.810 --> 00:00:39.750

you can cry when you're with me.


11

00:00:39.750 --> 00:00:43.840

I like how bright you are and how you're smiling all the time,


12

00:00:43.840 --> 00:00:46.700

but I like everything you are.


13

00:00:48.180 --> 00:00:50.520

<i>[Hong Rui Zhen]</i>


14

00:00:54.430 --> 00:00:56.760

<i>Even though I know Joo Da's at the hospital,</i>


15

00:00:56.780 --> 00:00:59.550

<i>I need to come here to check.</i>


16

00:01:00.790 --> 00:01:04.390

<i>And I can only be on scene after Oh Nam Joo is there.</i>


17

00:01:24.340 --> 00:01:27.130

<i>It's heartbreaking that there is nothing </i>


18

00:01:27.140 --> 00:01:30.340

<i>I can do for Joo Da.</i>


19

00:01:50.390 --> 00:01:52.820

Oh! Dried Squid Fairy?


20

00:01:55.550 --> 00:01:58.330

That's right. I'm Dried Squid Fairy.


21

00:01:58.330 --> 00:02:01.850

Oh? We don't have stir-fried dried squid on the menu today.


22

00:02:03.160 --> 00:02:04.560

Why?


23

00:02:05.820 --> 00:02:09.060

I have to go now. I'm busier on my days off.


24

00:02:09.060 --> 00:02:11.170

I wanted to be friends with you.


25

00:02:11.170 --> 00:02:13.660

You seemed oddly familiar.


26

00:02:14.910 --> 00:02:17.510

I'll visit the cafeteria next time.


27

00:02:20.120 --> 00:02:24.190

It's been a long time... since I saw that smile.


28

00:02:25.650 --> 00:02:27.400

It's nice to see.


29

00:02:45.820 --> 00:02:49.400

Ha Ru, do you know how to change the setup?


30

00:02:49.400 --> 00:02:53.090

You can change the stages so easily.


31

00:02:53.090 --> 00:02:55.480

Never mind, you aren't the writer.


32

00:02:55.480 --> 00:02:57.690

There's no way you can change it.


33

00:02:59.070 --> 00:03:02.100

Oh, Yeo Joo Da's grandmother had surgery.


34

00:03:02.100 --> 00:03:03.050

Surgery?


35

00:03:03.050 --> 00:03:06.350

She was supposed to get the surgery and it went successfully,


36

00:03:06.350 --> 00:03:08.430

but do you know what I did?


37

00:03:09.100 --> 00:03:11.380

What do you think?  I just watched.


38

00:03:11.380 --> 00:03:13.000

Do Hwa,


39

00:03:13.990 --> 00:03:16.930

you truly adore and care for Joo Da in the shadow.


40

00:03:16.930 --> 00:03:18.580

Right? That's enough, right?


41

00:03:18.580 --> 00:03:21.610

Anyway, she's at our hospital


42

00:03:21.610 --> 00:03:24.090

and her doctor is my brother.


43

00:03:24.090 --> 00:03:26.900

We should've done something when we went to the hospital.


44

00:03:26.900 --> 00:03:30.920

How did you change it this time? Tell me, so I can give it a try.


45

00:03:31.950 --> 00:03:33.670

I switched the charts.


46

00:03:33.670 --> 00:03:35.280

Charts?


47

00:03:36.350 --> 00:03:39.560

There were only two charts that looked real.


48

00:03:39.560 --> 00:03:41.550

The past subjunctive mood is...


49

00:03:41.550 --> 00:03:44.100

easier to understand if you memorize the expression in the sentences.


50

00:03:44.100 --> 00:03:45.200

Let's take a look.


51

00:03:45.200 --> 00:03:46.280

If it were not for...


52

00:03:46.280 --> 00:03:48.030

<i>Joo Da's grandmother had surgery</i>


53

00:03:48.030 --> 00:03:51.360

<i>on the day Eun Dan Oh was supposed to have it.</i>


54

00:03:53.020 --> 00:03:55.340

<i>[Ok Kyung Soon]</i>


55

00:03:56.760 --> 00:03:58.480

<i>[Eun Dan Oh]</i>


56

00:03:59.400 --> 00:04:03.290

<i>Then that means Dan Oh isn't healed.</i>


57

00:04:09.560 --> 00:04:12.170

<i>The writer gave you a hint, so you can remember...</i>


58

00:04:12.170 --> 00:04:15.290

<i>the consequence you paid for changing the stage.</i>


59

00:04:27.040 --> 00:04:28.680

Kim Su Hyang.


60

00:04:29.930 --> 00:04:31.270

Are you acquainted with Dried Squid?


61

00:04:31.270 --> 00:04:32.390

What?


62

00:04:32.390 --> 00:04:34.370

You looked close to him,


63

00:04:34.370 --> 00:04:36.640

and it seemed like you knew something.


64

00:04:36.640 --> 00:04:39.290

- Me? 

 - It's nothing.


65

00:04:39.290 --> 00:04:40.730

I just thought you might know something.


66

00:04:40.730 --> 00:04:42.730

Baek Gyeong!


67

00:04:47.910 --> 00:04:51.640

Go. Hurry up and go.


68

00:04:58.900 --> 00:04:59.990

Don't mess with her.


69

00:04:59.990 --> 00:05:01.580

I didn't mess with her.


70

00:05:01.580 --> 00:05:04.510

Don't mess with us in this world.


71

00:05:04.510 --> 00:05:05.610

"Us in this world"?


72

00:05:05.610 --> 00:05:09.240

Just pretend you didn't see her and don't even say hi to her.


73

00:05:09.240 --> 00:05:12.690

That's odd. She's not even self-aware.


74

00:05:14.320 --> 00:05:16.580

You killed her.


75

00:05:18.950 --> 00:05:21.050

Because of you...


76

00:05:21.890 --> 00:05:25.240

Because of you, she died twice!


77

00:05:28.360 --> 00:05:29.550

She died twice?


78

00:05:29.550 --> 00:05:31.880

It's very convenient...


79

00:05:32.530 --> 00:05:35.320

to not remember.


80

00:05:35.320 --> 00:05:37.860

You took away her self-awareness,


81

00:05:37.870 --> 00:05:41.400

and killed her again when she just returned.


82

00:05:42.030 --> 00:05:43.410

I took away her self-awareness?


83

00:05:43.410 --> 00:05:45.600

If you die on the stage,


84

00:05:45.620 --> 00:05:48.610

you completely disappear from the comic book.


85

00:05:48.610 --> 00:05:51.210

But if you die in the shadow, only your self-awareness disappears.


86

00:05:51.210 --> 00:05:53.370

They end up not remembering anything...


87

00:05:53.370 --> 00:05:57.770

and become just another character who moves according to their setup.


88

00:06:03.650 --> 00:06:05.510

It would be better...


89

00:06:06.240 --> 00:06:09.500

if you went back to when you knew nothing.


90

00:06:29.960 --> 00:06:30.820

Are you in pain?


91

00:06:30.820 --> 00:06:32.200

That's weird.


92

00:06:32.200 --> 00:06:36.050

I was definitely okay on the stage, but it keeps hurting in the shadow.


93

00:06:36.050 --> 00:06:39.860

It's okay. I'll just go to Doctor Joo Hwa.


94

00:06:42.270 --> 00:06:43.850

Dan Oh.


95

00:06:51.970 --> 00:06:53.520

What the heck? What happened?


96

00:06:53.530 --> 00:06:57.400

You fainted during physical education class.


97

00:06:57.400 --> 00:06:59.570

Why don't you lie down?


98

00:06:59.570 --> 00:07:02.340

Lie down until you feel better.


99

00:07:04.080 --> 00:07:07.400

Stay here. I'll bring your bag.


100

00:07:31.780 --> 00:07:35.540

<i>[Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo]</i>


101

00:07:43.310 --> 00:07:44.790

Dan Oh.


102

00:07:45.430 --> 00:07:47.170

Dan Oh, are you okay?


103

00:07:47.170 --> 00:07:48.490

You don't need to worry.


104

00:07:48.490 --> 00:07:53.340

You know that Eun Dan Oh on the stage is a weak girl.


105

00:07:55.910 --> 00:07:57.540

What's wrong?


106

00:08:00.130 --> 00:08:02.360

Ha Ru, can you get me the medication from my bag?


107

00:08:02.360 --> 00:08:03.900

Wait here.


108

00:08:40.510 --> 00:08:42.490

You're still here.


109

00:08:42.490 --> 00:08:45.130

Yes, Dan Oh is sick.


110

00:08:45.130 --> 00:08:46.590

Oh.


111

00:08:46.590 --> 00:08:50.220

Do you... remember everything?


112

00:08:50.220 --> 00:08:51.200

About what?


113

00:08:51.220 --> 00:08:53.640

How Eun Dan Oh and I were...


114

00:08:53.640 --> 00:08:55.790

in "Trumpet Creeper."


115

00:08:55.790 --> 00:08:57.410

You were...


116

00:08:58.540 --> 00:09:00.220

the same.


117

00:09:00.250 --> 00:09:02.540

I think...


118

00:09:02.540 --> 00:09:05.220

I was probably better than this.


119

00:09:05.950 --> 00:09:08.090

I heard your self-awareness disappears when you die in the shadow.


120

00:09:08.130 --> 00:09:11.090

Then, you'll lose all your precious memories.


121

00:09:11.090 --> 00:09:14.010

It'd be too sad...


122

00:09:14.010 --> 00:09:15.740

to only live according to your setup.


123

00:09:15.740 --> 00:09:17.800

If you lose your self-awareness,


124

00:09:18.670 --> 00:09:21.690

you probably wouldn't even feel sad that you're living according to your setup.


125

00:09:21.720 --> 00:09:25.960

You can only feel the emotions the writer draws for you.


126

00:09:31.140 --> 00:09:33.370

That doesn't seem so bad.


127

00:09:33.370 --> 00:09:36.200

Sometimes, it's too cruel...


128

00:09:36.200 --> 00:09:39.490

to know everything in this comic world.


129

00:10:08.130 --> 00:10:09.860

I'll take you home.


130

00:10:24.800 --> 00:10:27.540

I'm so happy these days.


131

00:10:27.540 --> 00:10:32.240

My heart that bothered me my whole life is getting better,


132

00:10:32.240 --> 00:10:34.980

and most of all, you're here by my side.


133

00:10:51.150 --> 00:10:55.650

- Please let me off. 

 - Can you... just go?


134

00:11:21.570 --> 00:11:23.930

<i>Are you... Are you saying that I die?</i>


135

00:11:23.930 --> 00:11:28.180

<i>The prince, his father, and their side are trying to frame your father as a traitor.</i>


136

00:11:29.080 --> 00:11:31.410

<i>I will save you, My Lady.</i>


137

00:11:32.570 --> 00:11:34.320

<i>No matter what.</i>


138

00:11:46.020 --> 00:11:48.900

<i>I'm finally starting to have an appetite.</i>


139

00:11:50.980 --> 00:11:55.470

<i><i>No matter what happens, you need to avoid giving His Majesty anything to eat.</i></i>


140

00:11:55.470 --> 00:11:59.270

<i>Why can't I move my body freely?</i>


141

00:12:03.000 --> 00:12:05.540

<i>Your Majesty, please forgive me.</i>


142

00:12:05.540 --> 00:12:08.530

<i>You must spit out what you just ate.</i>


143

00:12:09.520 --> 00:12:12.300

<i>My death has been decided.</i>


144

00:12:14.050 --> 00:12:18.940

<i>No matter what happens, it's not your fault.</i>


145

00:12:20.660 --> 00:12:23.820

<i>You must not walk the same path as me.</i>


146

00:13:26.000 --> 00:13:29.100

<i>Where is  Ha Ru? Where is he?</i>


147

00:13:36.850 --> 00:13:40.950

<i>She took part in the treason. Execute her!</i>


148

00:13:40.950 --> 00:13:42.430

<i>Yes, My Lord!</i>


149

00:13:54.480 --> 00:13:56.130

<i>Kill him!</i>


150

00:13:58.220 --> 00:13:59.260

<i>Stop.</i>


151

00:13:59.260 --> 00:14:00.540

<i>Do not stop!</i>


152

00:14:00.540 --> 00:14:02.320

<i>Stop!</i>


153

00:14:03.900 --> 00:14:05.560

<i>Father.</i>


154

00:14:23.220 --> 00:14:25.150

<i>Prove it.</i>


155

00:14:26.760 --> 00:14:29.070

<i>Prove that you have not betrayed me.</i>


156

00:14:29.070 --> 00:14:32.300

<i>Prove that you did not desire your owner's woman.</i>


157

00:14:35.610 --> 00:14:40.810

<i>Prove... that you are my person.</i>


158

00:14:48.980 --> 00:14:51.180

<i>Stab Eun Dan Oh.</i>


159

00:14:59.280 --> 00:15:00.830

<i>Ha Ru.</i>


160

00:15:22.230 --> 00:15:24.200

<i>Why?</i>


161

00:15:35.470 --> 00:15:37.060

<i>My Lady.</i>


162

00:15:39.320 --> 00:15:42.790

<i>My Lady. My Lady.</i>


163

00:15:46.120 --> 00:15:47.260

<i>My Lady.</i>


164

00:15:47.260 --> 00:15:52.070

<i>Dan Oh. Dan Oh!</i>


165

00:16:00.300 --> 00:16:02.590

I was the one...


166

00:16:11.690 --> 00:16:13.480

who killed Dan Oh.


167

00:16:30.190 --> 00:16:32.290

This much is fine.


168

00:16:36.110 --> 00:16:38.110

Ha Ru...


169

00:16:39.260 --> 00:16:40.850

Ha Ru!


170

00:16:45.390 --> 00:16:47.930

Ha Ru, what's wrong?


171

00:17:10.800 --> 00:17:13.760

I'm not going to water the flowers anymore.


172

00:17:13.760 --> 00:17:15.720

No matter how much I water or care for them,


173

00:17:15.720 --> 00:17:18.790

they'll live or die based on the writer's wants.


174

00:17:18.790 --> 00:17:21.250

I couldn't do anything for them.


175

00:17:21.940 --> 00:17:23.530

You couldn't do anything?


176

00:17:23.530 --> 00:17:25.250

It's like how I can't


177

00:17:25.250 --> 00:17:29.880

do anything without my guardian angel, Lee  Do Hwa, and Seuli High School's number one, Oh Nam Joo.


178

00:17:29.880 --> 00:17:32.420

You're a guardian angel and he's Seuli's number one.


179

00:17:32.420 --> 00:17:36.290

Isn't it funny? Why didn't I realize how weird it was?


180

00:17:36.290 --> 00:17:40.970

Hey, it was worse for me. Flowers bloomed around you.


181

00:17:45.600 --> 00:17:50.660

Joo Da, do you want to change the story together as well?


182

00:17:50.660 --> 00:17:52.650

Just like Eun Dan Oh and Ha Ru.


183

00:17:52.650 --> 00:17:56.420

They changed the stage and it changed their setup a little bit.


184

00:17:56.420 --> 00:17:59.830

What? Do you want to change?


185

00:18:00.760 --> 00:18:06.110

Me? What do you think I want to do?


186

00:18:13.440 --> 00:18:17.150

It's a relief. It's such a relief.


187

00:18:20.410 --> 00:18:23.690

Your grandmother is fine. You must've been worried sick.


188

00:18:23.690 --> 00:18:25.870

From now on, I'll even take care of your grandmother


189

00:18:25.870 --> 00:18:28.790

on the honor of A3.


190

00:18:33.560 --> 00:18:35.460

What is this? It's so silly.


191

00:18:35.460 --> 00:18:38.240

You said drinking this put you in a good mood.


192

00:18:38.240 --> 00:18:40.930

From now on, you'll only be in a good mood.


193

00:18:48.870 --> 00:18:50.820

I don't like sweet things.


194

00:18:50.820 --> 00:18:52.000

What?


195

00:18:52.930 --> 00:18:55.120

You definitely liked this...


196

00:18:56.020 --> 00:18:57.840

Then, what do you like?


197

00:18:57.840 --> 00:18:59.390

Money.


198

00:19:01.570 --> 00:19:07.050

Don't be surprised. But that doesn't mean you can buy my feelings with money.


199

00:19:07.050 --> 00:19:10.090

I didn't want the real Yeo Joo Da


200

00:19:10.090 --> 00:19:15.450

to feel the same way as Yeo Joo Da from the comic book.


201

00:19:15.450 --> 00:19:19.600

But this isn't that bad right now, so it's a little unfair.


202

00:19:21.140 --> 00:19:23.630

I think our Dan Oh is getting healthier these days.


203

00:19:23.630 --> 00:19:26.440

It's the power of love. Baek Gyeong's love power!


204

00:19:26.440 --> 00:19:27.710

It's not that.


205

00:19:27.710 --> 00:19:29.930

It's because Ha Ru changed the stage.


206

00:19:29.930 --> 00:19:30.790

Stage?


207

00:19:30.790 --> 00:19:33.070

Ha Ru? Ha Ru?


208

00:19:33.070 --> 00:19:35.040

Ha Ru!


209

00:19:39.260 --> 00:19:43.550

Eun Dan Oh, are you okay?


210

00:19:43.550 --> 00:19:45.550

Ha Ru.


211

00:19:47.720 --> 00:19:53.650

<i>You were... never able to protect Eun Dan Oh from the start.</i>


212

00:19:53.650 --> 00:19:55.350

Ha Ru.


213

00:20:25.070 --> 00:20:26.810

Ha Ru!


214

00:20:28.760 --> 00:20:30.740

Ha Ru!


215

00:20:30.740 --> 00:20:32.990

Why are you avoiding me?


216

00:20:32.990 --> 00:20:35.540

I don't know what to do.


217

00:20:37.020 --> 00:20:39.780

If all the scenes we've changed so far...


218

00:20:40.680 --> 00:20:47.450

have been hurting you, what am I supposed to do?


219

00:20:56.840 --> 00:21:00.010

They said I'm getting so much better. I'm practically healed.


220

00:21:03.820 --> 00:21:06.020

So you knew.


221

00:21:06.020 --> 00:21:09.800

Seriously, Dr. Joo Hwa goes around telling everyone about me.


222

00:21:10.580 --> 00:21:13.600

Congratulations on your heart getting better, Dan Oh.


223

00:21:15.720 --> 00:21:18.930

I love you the most in the world.


224

00:21:21.240 --> 00:21:23.030

It feels like a dream.


225

00:21:23.030 --> 00:21:27.180

- Why? 

 - My heart is fine, and you like me.


226

00:21:27.180 --> 00:21:32.150

I'm happy, but I'm also scared because I'm too happy.


227

00:21:41.380 --> 00:21:43.190

Sorry.


228

00:21:44.060 --> 00:21:46.170

You're healthy now.


229

00:21:46.170 --> 00:21:50.660

You don't need someone to change your terminally ill fate anymore.


230

00:21:50.660 --> 00:21:54.590

Ha Ru isn't someone who can change my fate.


231

00:21:54.590 --> 00:21:56.910

Ha Ru is my fate.


232

00:22:12.520 --> 00:22:16.480

Ha Ru! Ha Ru! Dan Oh... Eun Dan Oh's at the hospital.


233

00:22:16.480 --> 00:22:19.580

What are you talking about? In the book, it said that she was fully recovered now.


234

00:22:19.580 --> 00:22:22.510

My brother said she's extremely sick. What?


235

00:22:23.320 --> 00:22:26.300

Why isn't it drawn in the book?


236

00:22:30.440 --> 00:22:32.230

Ha Ru!


237

00:22:45.200 --> 00:22:47.170

Eun Dan Oh.


238

00:22:49.950 --> 00:22:54.050

<i>If you die on the stage, you completely disappear from the comic book.</i>


239

00:22:54.050 --> 00:22:56.770

<i>But if you die in the shadow, only your self-awareness disappears.</i>


240

00:22:56.770 --> 00:22:59.500

<i>Then you'll lose all your precious memories.</i>


241

00:22:59.500 --> 00:23:04.930

<i>It'd be too sad to only live according to your setup.</i>


242

00:24:41.920 --> 00:24:42.930

<i>Stab Eun Dan Oh.</i>


243

00:24:42.930 --> 00:24:44.850

<i>I cannot.</i>


244

00:24:44.850 --> 00:24:46.810

<i>Ha Ru.</i>


245

00:25:21.070 --> 00:25:23.200

I killed you.


246

00:26:20.310 --> 00:26:22.150

How's Dan Oh?


247

00:26:23.580 --> 00:26:25.330

How's Dan Oh?!


248

00:26:25.330 --> 00:26:28.490

I wasn't going to change the story,


249

00:26:29.640 --> 00:26:36.620

I just... couldn't change anything.


250

00:26:39.730 --> 00:26:45.930

Just like back then and now, I'm exactly like the character that was drawn.


251

00:27:07.490 --> 00:27:09.040

Dan Oh!


252

00:27:09.040 --> 00:27:11.690

Dan Oh. Dan Oh.


253

00:27:14.640 --> 00:27:16.590

<i>[Heart rate: 129]

[Oxygen saturation: 96]

[Respiration rate:32]</i>


254

00:27:40.450 --> 00:27:46.100

Dan Oh... I saw you in the book.


255

00:27:47.460 --> 00:27:50.210

Your heart is fine now.


256

00:27:52.830 --> 00:27:55.300

So, you'll be fine.


257

00:27:56.350 --> 00:27:58.430

When we go to the next scene...


258

00:28:00.500 --> 00:28:01.390

<i>[Heart rate: 55]

[Oxygen saturation: 88]

[Respiration rate: 36]</i>


259

00:28:01.390 --> 00:28:02.340

<i>[Heart rate: 52]

[Oxygen saturation: 88]

[Respiration rate: 36]</i>


260

00:28:02.340 --> 00:28:03.950

<i>[Heart rate: 54]

[Oxygen saturation: 88]

[Respiration rate: 36]</i>


261

00:28:13.870 --> 00:28:15.550

Dan Oh.


262

00:28:15.550 --> 00:28:18.400

Dan Oh. Dan Oh, wake up.


263

00:28:18.400 --> 00:28:20.230

Dan Oh!


264

00:28:30.000 --> 00:28:33.370

Please let the next stage come.


265

00:28:34.820 --> 00:28:36.610

Please.


266

00:28:36.610 --> 00:28:39.400

Please, go to the next scene.


267

00:28:40.290 --> 00:28:41.870

Please...


268

00:28:41.870 --> 00:28:44.750

Please save Dan Oh.


269

00:28:55.720 --> 00:28:57.490

- Yeo Joo Da. 

 - Yes?


270

00:28:57.490 --> 00:28:59.870

What are you doing after school?


271

00:28:59.870 --> 00:29:01.530

Why?


272

00:29:01.530 --> 00:29:03.620

Just asking.


273

00:29:03.620 --> 00:29:05.850

Are you asking me out on a date?


274

00:29:05.850 --> 00:29:08.170

Something like that.


275

00:29:27.350 --> 00:29:29.180

Dan Oh!


276

00:29:39.610 --> 00:29:41.530

Dan Oh.

278

00:29:55.150 --> 00:30:00.670

♫ <i>I remember the first day we met</i> ♫


279

00:30:00.670 --> 00:30:06.740

♫ <i>A shy smile and the pouring sunlight</i> ♫


280

00:30:06.740 --> 00:30:11.620

♫ <i>I can tell just by looking at your eyes</i> ♫


281

00:30:11.620 --> 00:30:14.590

♫ <i>That we are one (that we are one),</i> ♫


282

00:30:14.590 --> 00:30:18.060

♫ <i>That you are me</i> ♫


283

00:30:18.060 --> 00:30:21.590

♫ <i>When you’re smiling or when you’re tired</i> ♫


284

00:30:21.590 --> 00:30:23.660

♫ <i>I'll always protect you</i> ♫


285

00:30:23.660 --> 00:30:25.600

<i>[Extra-Ordinary You]</i>