"Twinkling Watermelon" KDrama Script: Ep1 (English)

1
00:00:11,279 --> 00:00:12,750
(Ryeo Un)

2
00:00:14,150 --> 00:00:15,980
(Choi Hyun Wook)

3
00:00:18,119 --> 00:00:19,619
(Seol In Ah)

4
00:00:24,760 --> 00:00:26,659
(Shin Eun Soo)

5
00:00:34,270 --> 00:00:38,109
(Twinkling Watermelon)

6
00:00:38,170 --> 00:00:39,208
(Production sponsors)

7
00:00:39,209 --> 00:00:40,939
(Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, KOCCA)

8
00:00:40,940 --> 00:00:41,979
(All people, organizations, locations, and incidents...)

9
00:00:41,980 --> 00:00:43,008
(in this drama are fictitious.)

10
00:00:43,009 --> 00:00:44,009
(Staff ensured child actors' safety in the filming of this drama.)

11
00:00:46,950 --> 00:00:48,219
(Double Espresso Frappé, Mocha Java Chip Frappé)

12
00:00:57,219 --> 00:00:58,289
Right.

13
00:00:58,730 --> 00:00:59,889
Would you like to order?

14
00:01:11,039 --> 00:01:12,069
Help me?

15
00:01:15,140 --> 00:01:16,309
Maybe they don't speak English.

16
00:01:17,380 --> 00:01:19,209
They must be from Japan.

17
00:01:22,850 --> 00:01:24,750
Welcome.

18
00:01:24,819 --> 00:01:26,618
(You want the same drink as last time, right?)

19
00:01:26,619 --> 00:01:27,619
(Yes.)

20
00:01:28,160 --> 00:01:30,659
(Then why are you taking so long? What about the whipped cream?)

21
00:01:30,660 --> 00:01:31,989
(Of course, I want that.)

22
00:01:31,990 --> 00:01:33,359
(Don't forget to order an extra shot for my drink.)

23
00:01:33,360 --> 00:01:35,428
(Are you crazy? Just drink it as it is. It's expensive.)

24
00:01:35,429 --> 00:01:37,568
(I know you're going to use your gift voucher here.)

25
00:01:37,569 --> 00:01:38,669
(What a cheapskate!)

26
00:01:38,699 --> 00:01:41,600
Excuse me.

27
00:01:41,770 --> 00:01:42,770
Well,

28
00:01:43,240 --> 00:01:45,910
if you could kindly write down the drinks...

29
00:01:46,539 --> 00:01:48,609
- you want... - Add a lot of whipped cream...

30
00:01:48,610 --> 00:01:50,708
and caramel syrup for a Double Espresso Frappé.

31
00:01:50,709 --> 00:01:52,208
And make that a large size.

32
00:01:52,209 --> 00:01:55,619
And we'll also get a large Mocha Java Chip Frappé.

33
00:01:57,050 --> 00:01:58,119
Okay.

34
00:01:58,690 --> 00:01:59,789
Did you hear that?

35
00:02:00,474 --> 00:02:01,089
(Did you order an extra shot?)

36
00:02:01,090 --> 00:02:02,219
Double Espresso Frappé...

37
00:02:02,220 --> 00:02:03,489
and extra whipped cream.

38
00:02:03,490 --> 00:02:06,189
I'd like an extra shot of espresso for the Double Espresso Frappé.

39
00:02:06,190 --> 00:02:07,630
- An extra shot. - An extra shot.

40
00:02:07,729 --> 00:02:08,729
Yes, please.

41
00:02:21,910 --> 00:02:25,250
(Why do you want me to put these on? They're useless.)

42
00:02:25,509 --> 00:02:26,880
You're so clueless.

43
00:02:27,410 --> 00:02:30,318
You need to put them on so cars don't honk at you.

44
00:02:30,319 --> 00:02:32,019
They know that you can't hear them.

45
00:02:32,090 --> 00:02:33,889
So they will drive around you.

46
00:02:37,319 --> 00:02:38,489
Looking cool is a nice bonus.

47
00:02:46,699 --> 00:02:49,069
(Episode 1)

48
00:02:52,569 --> 00:02:53,940
My brother is deaf.

49
00:03:38,919 --> 00:03:41,120
- Hello. - Eun Ho and Eun Gyeol are here.

50
00:03:41,220 --> 00:03:42,719
- Are you here for lunch? - Yes!

51
00:03:42,720 --> 00:03:43,960
- Bye. - Okay.

52
00:03:45,789 --> 00:03:47,328
- Hello, Eun Gyeol. - Hello!

53
00:03:47,329 --> 00:03:48,359
Hey.

54
00:03:50,530 --> 00:03:51,970
(Cucumber-flavoured green chilli peppers)

55
00:04:00,269 --> 00:04:02,078
(That's dangerous! Hold on to your handles!)

56
00:04:02,079 --> 00:04:04,310
(Don't speed up! You might fall down!)

57
00:04:07,819 --> 00:04:09,680
(Don't do that.)

58
00:04:14,220 --> 00:04:15,759
My parents are also deaf.

59
00:04:19,060 --> 00:04:20,289
But I'm not.

60
00:04:21,499 --> 00:04:22,929
I can hear sounds.

61
00:04:23,799 --> 00:04:24,929
I can talk.

62
00:04:38,809 --> 00:04:40,450
We're out of fried chicken here.

63
00:04:40,910 --> 00:04:42,080
Okay. It's coming!

64
00:04:44,919 --> 00:04:47,220
We're serving a special meal today!

65
00:04:53,460 --> 00:04:55,260
(Take food only as much as you can finish.)

66
00:04:58,070 --> 00:05:00,200
Gosh. Look at you, Eun Gyeol.

67
00:05:00,869 --> 00:05:02,340
Are you helping out your parents again today?

68
00:05:02,669 --> 00:05:04,839
Goodness. You're such a sweet boy.

69
00:05:04,840 --> 00:05:07,168
- I hear you get good grades too. - Kind of.

70
00:05:07,169 --> 00:05:09,580
I could raise ten sons like you.

71
00:05:09,679 --> 00:05:10,679
Right.

72
00:05:10,840 --> 00:05:11,850
Wait.

73
00:05:13,179 --> 00:05:15,279
- Here. Take it. - No.

74
00:05:15,280 --> 00:05:16,618
My dad will scold me if I accept this.

75
00:05:16,619 --> 00:05:18,090
Just take it.

76
00:05:18,249 --> 00:05:20,919
Give us two bottles of makgeolli in return.

77
00:05:21,289 --> 00:05:22,359
I can't do that.

78
00:05:22,619 --> 00:05:23,859
If you get drunk, you might cause an accident.

79
00:05:24,260 --> 00:05:25,789
Everyone gets only one drink.

80
00:05:26,330 --> 00:05:29,259
But I'll make sure to fill it up.

81
00:05:29,260 --> 00:05:30,700
Okay.

82
00:05:34,499 --> 00:05:35,869
Delivery!

83
00:05:36,239 --> 00:05:38,640
- You're here. - Hello, Eun Gyeol.

84
00:05:38,869 --> 00:05:41,039
Gosh. I'm so busy!

85
00:05:41,439 --> 00:05:43,609
Hello.

86
00:05:51,950 --> 00:05:54,090
(Jungkyung Mart)

87
00:05:59,359 --> 00:06:00,359
What's wrong?

88
00:06:00,360 --> 00:06:01,629
Is something wrong with the vegetables?

89
00:06:02,059 --> 00:06:03,400
She told you to take them back this instant.

90
00:06:05,530 --> 00:06:06,628
Hey. What?

91
00:06:06,629 --> 00:06:08,668
She said if you continued to bring us leftover produce,

92
00:06:08,669 --> 00:06:09,840
she wouldn't buy from this supermarket.

93
00:06:10,539 --> 00:06:11,570
When did I do that?

94
00:06:29,320 --> 00:06:31,989
She said she cooked for the people with physically demanding jobs.

95
00:06:32,330 --> 00:06:33,960
So she wants you to stop bringing us bad produce.

96
00:06:34,090 --> 00:06:36,129
Gosh. That woman. She's unbelievable.

97
00:06:36,460 --> 00:06:38,399
Me? When did I bring bad produce?

98
00:06:38,400 --> 00:06:40,570
Just because she can't talk or hear, it doesn't mean she's stupid.

99
00:06:40,970 --> 00:06:42,270
She told you to stop trying to trick her.

100
00:06:42,770 --> 00:06:44,809
She had let it go for my father's sake up until now.

101
00:06:45,070 --> 00:06:46,270
But she won't put up with it anymore.

102
00:06:47,770 --> 00:06:49,210
She'll settle the tab for this month's ingredients...

103
00:06:49,510 --> 00:06:51,650
based on the ingredients you bring tomorrow.

104
00:06:52,150 --> 00:06:55,280
Gosh. Why does it feel like you're scolding me?

105
00:06:55,919 --> 00:06:57,989
You're not making up the last thing you said?

106
00:06:58,919 --> 00:06:59,989
Are you?

107
00:07:03,820 --> 00:07:06,059
- Silent night - Silent night

108
00:07:06,760 --> 00:07:09,760
- Holy night - Holy night

109
00:07:10,600 --> 00:07:13,999
- All is calm - All is calm

110
00:07:14,530 --> 00:07:17,470
- All is bright - All is bright

111
00:07:18,070 --> 00:07:24,710
- Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child - Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child

112
00:07:25,580 --> 00:07:32,419
- Holy infant so tender and mild - Holy infant so tender and mild

113
00:07:33,049 --> 00:07:40,160
- Sleep in heavenly peace - Sleep in heavenly peace

114
00:07:40,429 --> 00:07:42,400
Merry Christmas.

115
00:07:42,960 --> 00:07:44,330
Merry Christmas.

116
00:07:44,869 --> 00:07:45,999
Why did you wake up?

117
00:07:46,270 --> 00:07:47,999
The choir was singing,

118
00:07:48,239 --> 00:07:49,969
and I could hear the sound of the snow falling.

119
00:07:49,970 --> 00:07:50,970
So I woke up.

120
00:07:51,439 --> 00:07:53,410
I thought snow didn't make any sounds.

121
00:07:54,070 --> 00:07:55,340
I can hear it.

122
00:07:55,910 --> 00:07:57,109
How does it sound?

123
00:07:57,910 --> 00:08:00,649
It's just like the laundry you dry in the sun.

124
00:08:00,650 --> 00:08:02,320
It warms my heart to hear it.

125
00:08:04,179 --> 00:08:06,720
Snow is cold, but its sound warms your heart?

126
00:08:08,960 --> 00:08:11,530
I guess you'll be a poet when you grow up, Eun Gyeol.

127
00:08:19,700 --> 00:08:21,299
Hey, it's snowing.

128
00:08:22,239 --> 00:08:24,539
Let's go out and make a snowman.

129
00:09:21,159 --> 00:09:22,159
Eun Ho!

130
00:09:25,529 --> 00:09:27,070
Mom! Dad!

131
00:09:27,300 --> 00:09:28,300
Mom!

132
00:09:40,810 --> 00:09:43,148
Mom! Dad!

133
00:09:43,149 --> 00:09:46,648
Eun Ho! That's going to fall! He's in danger!

134
00:09:46,649 --> 00:09:47,720
Hurry!

135
00:10:28,499 --> 00:10:30,498
I told you not to go near any building under construction...

136
00:10:30,499 --> 00:10:31,769
because it was dangerous.

137
00:10:32,600 --> 00:10:33,999
Dad saved me.

138
00:10:35,269 --> 00:10:37,769
What if Eun Gyeol was there with you?

139
00:10:42,009 --> 00:10:43,079
Dad.

140
00:10:43,080 --> 00:10:46,050
If Eun Ho and I were both in danger,

141
00:10:46,210 --> 00:10:47,909
which one of us would you save first?

142
00:10:49,720 --> 00:10:50,779
Dad.

143
00:10:51,019 --> 00:10:54,089
If Eun Ho and I were both in danger,

144
00:10:54,090 --> 00:10:56,119
which one of us would you save first?

145
00:10:58,960 --> 00:10:59,989
That sounds like a fun game.

146
00:11:01,460 --> 00:11:05,228
What if the three of us were in danger at the same time?

147
00:11:05,229 --> 00:11:06,930
Who would you save first?

148
00:11:17,109 --> 00:11:19,609
I regretted asking him that question.

149
00:11:19,950 --> 00:11:21,619
I would...

150
00:11:22,920 --> 00:11:25,089
After that day, his answer came to my mind...

151
00:11:25,090 --> 00:11:26,889
in every important moment of my life.

152
00:11:27,920 --> 00:11:30,060
My heart ached every time.

153
00:11:57,350 --> 00:11:58,619
Which floor is our house on?

154
00:12:20,310 --> 00:12:21,340
You're here.

155
00:12:23,310 --> 00:12:26,279
- Mom, the lady is here. - You got here early.

156
00:12:29,350 --> 00:12:30,419
You know that...

157
00:12:30,420 --> 00:12:32,018
I'm renting it out at a much lower price...

158
00:12:32,019 --> 00:12:33,619
compared to other units in our neighbourhood, right?

159
00:12:34,619 --> 00:12:35,759
She said...

160
00:12:36,790 --> 00:12:38,889
she gave us a good deal. You know that, right?

161
00:12:41,330 --> 00:12:44,228
Gosh, people in the building were all against you moving in,

162
00:12:44,229 --> 00:12:46,898
but I personally visited every unit and convinced them.

163
00:12:46,899 --> 00:12:49,440
I told them you guys wouldn't be loud at least.

164
00:12:52,040 --> 00:12:55,478
Gosh. You see, I like the quiet.

165
00:12:55,479 --> 00:12:56,779
And disabled...

166
00:12:58,550 --> 00:13:00,909
I don't have any prejudices against people like you.

167
00:13:04,350 --> 00:13:05,649
She's welcoming us.

168
00:13:06,450 --> 00:13:07,820
She told us to move our things now.

169
00:13:10,859 --> 00:13:11,859
What?

170
00:13:15,100 --> 00:13:16,859
Why are your parents smiling at me?

171
00:13:17,129 --> 00:13:19,029
You didn't badmouth me, right?

172
00:13:19,869 --> 00:13:23,368
I didn't. I relayed your messages to them.

173
00:13:23,369 --> 00:13:24,839
But it was over so quickly...

174
00:13:24,840 --> 00:13:26,709
when I said a lot of things to your parents.

175
00:13:26,710 --> 00:13:29,238
If there isn't anything else you want to say,

176
00:13:29,239 --> 00:13:30,878
can I start moving our things?

177
00:13:30,879 --> 00:13:32,748
Sure. Go ahead.

178
00:13:32,749 --> 00:13:33,979
Bye.

179
00:13:41,590 --> 00:13:43,989
(Award)

180
00:13:48,729 --> 00:13:49,899
Oh, my.

181
00:13:50,129 --> 00:13:51,999
I've only heard of kids like him. He's every parent's dream!

182
00:13:53,930 --> 00:13:54,970
Gosh.

183
00:13:56,899 --> 00:13:59,239
Hey, Byung Ho. Where are you right now?

184
00:15:02,340 --> 00:15:05,540
Your mom and I will be coming home late quite often from now on.

185
00:15:06,670 --> 00:15:08,540
If there's a problem, call us right away.

186
00:15:08,779 --> 00:15:09,779
Okay?

187
00:15:14,749 --> 00:15:15,749
Once you're done with school,

188
00:15:15,750 --> 00:15:17,479
come to the restaurant and have lunch.

189
00:15:18,450 --> 00:15:21,349
You'll pack us dinner, so we'll eat that at home.

190
00:15:21,350 --> 00:15:23,220
We won't touch the stove at all.

191
00:15:23,519 --> 00:15:24,560
Right?

192
00:15:26,060 --> 00:15:28,059
When the sun goes down, come home...

193
00:15:28,060 --> 00:15:29,600
I'll stay with Eun Ho no matter what.

194
00:15:32,369 --> 00:15:33,629
This one is pretty urgent.

195
00:15:34,430 --> 00:15:36,070
Do I have to go to the bathroom with him too?

196
00:15:53,450 --> 00:15:54,519
Hello.

197
00:15:55,090 --> 00:15:56,758
I'm the son of the landlady on the fourth floor.

198
00:15:56,759 --> 00:15:58,459
My name is Yeom Byung Ho.

199
00:15:58,460 --> 00:16:00,859
My mother wanted me to say hello. So I'm here.

200
00:16:02,999 --> 00:16:04,960
- I see. - Hello.

201
00:16:05,869 --> 00:16:07,029
Are you Ha Eun Gyeol?

202
00:16:09,800 --> 00:16:12,269
Can I go out with Eun Gyeol and play?

203
00:16:12,470 --> 00:16:14,470
I want to show him around our neighbourhood.

204
00:16:16,540 --> 00:16:18,340
Sure.

205
00:16:19,109 --> 00:16:20,779
Can my brother come too?

206
00:16:21,550 --> 00:16:24,619
My mom told me to befriend only you because you get good grades...

207
00:16:27,350 --> 00:16:29,589
This hangout is only for fourth graders.

208
00:16:29,590 --> 00:16:31,590
Let's play with your brother another time.

209
00:16:32,930 --> 00:16:34,029
Is that okay?

210
00:16:34,960 --> 00:16:36,129
Of course.

211
00:16:49,379 --> 00:16:51,580
(Viva Music)

212
00:16:54,050 --> 00:16:56,350
- Why are we stopping here? - A word of advice for you.

213
00:16:58,720 --> 00:17:00,220
Stay away from that place.

214
00:17:01,220 --> 00:17:03,358
(Viva Music, Musical Instruments, Repairs, Music Lessons)

215
00:17:03,359 --> 00:17:06,159
Rumour has it that the old man from the music store eats up kids.

216
00:17:08,560 --> 00:17:09,858
No way.

217
00:17:09,859 --> 00:17:11,530
You don't honestly believe that, right?

218
00:17:11,659 --> 00:17:14,000
Come on. You can't read between the lines.

219
00:17:14,100 --> 00:17:15,369
What he's trying to tell you is...

220
00:17:18,909 --> 00:17:21,109
that the old man has to wear an anklet.

221
00:17:27,310 --> 00:17:28,750
(Viva Music)

222
00:17:39,959 --> 00:17:41,129
(Viva Music, Musical Instruments, Repairs, Music Lessons)

223
00:17:56,879 --> 00:17:58,239
- Hey, I'm dead! - I'm dying!

224
00:17:58,240 --> 00:17:59,908
- You can't find the numbers, right? - Come on. Please.

225
00:17:59,909 --> 00:18:00,979
- No. - Hey.

226
00:18:00,980 --> 00:18:02,850
- What are you doing? Take that. - Hey, go in already.

227
00:18:03,350 --> 00:18:05,949
- Hurry up. - No. Go straight.

228
00:18:06,619 --> 00:18:08,490
- That one. Take that. - Take that.

229
00:18:09,090 --> 00:18:10,118
(Dad)

230
00:18:10,119 --> 00:18:12,929
- Is it here? - No. It's over there.

231
00:18:13,359 --> 00:18:16,199
- It's right next to you. - No. It's in front of you.

232
00:18:17,100 --> 00:18:18,259
What are you doing?

233
00:18:18,260 --> 00:18:19,500
(Dad)

234
00:18:20,100 --> 00:18:22,469
Eun Gyeol, come home now.

235
00:18:22,770 --> 00:18:25,168
Why? I'm having fun now.

236
00:18:25,169 --> 00:18:26,868
Come on. You can't stop backing me up.

237
00:18:26,869 --> 00:18:28,368
You ruined it for the three of us.

238
00:18:28,369 --> 00:18:30,540
Darn it. I'm dead.

239
00:18:32,580 --> 00:18:34,980
Your mom and I must go to the restaurant.

240
00:18:35,649 --> 00:18:37,480
Eun Ho will be here alone.

241
00:18:38,649 --> 00:18:41,119
- Come back home now. - Okay.

242
00:18:44,060 --> 00:18:45,990
Sorry, guys. I've got to go home now.

243
00:18:46,330 --> 00:18:47,990
(MZ PC Café)

244
00:18:48,629 --> 00:18:50,600
What was he doing on the phone by himself?

245
00:18:50,699 --> 00:18:51,699
Sign language.

246
00:18:51,700 --> 00:18:54,000
I don't like him. Don't bring him ever again.

247
00:18:54,199 --> 00:18:55,399
Be patient.

248
00:18:56,770 --> 00:18:58,270
I'm hanging out with him for a reason.

249
00:18:58,939 --> 00:19:00,009
(Jisung Elementary School)

250
00:19:00,010 --> 00:19:02,539
You all know that we have a math test tomorrow, right?

251
00:19:02,540 --> 00:19:04,239
- Yes. - Yes.

252
00:19:04,240 --> 00:19:08,149
The test will cover multiplication and division.

253
00:19:10,219 --> 00:19:12,249
Please do your best.

254
00:19:12,250 --> 00:19:13,820
- Yes, ma'am. - Yes, ma'am.

255
00:19:14,119 --> 00:19:15,959
- Eun Gyeol. - Yes?

256
00:19:16,159 --> 00:19:18,829
I hope you get one question wrong at least...

257
00:19:18,830 --> 00:19:19,859
for me this time.

258
00:19:20,629 --> 00:19:22,359
You know I'm joking, right?

259
00:19:23,730 --> 00:19:25,600
- Byung Ho. - Yes?

260
00:19:25,770 --> 00:19:28,229
I hope you get one question right at least...

261
00:19:28,230 --> 00:19:29,669
for me this time.

262
00:19:29,740 --> 00:19:31,939
You know I'm serious, right?

263
00:19:41,909 --> 00:19:44,250
Hey, do you want to study for the test today?

264
00:19:44,379 --> 00:19:47,090
Why do you want to study together? It's not efficient.

265
00:19:48,020 --> 00:19:49,718
You can just study alone.

266
00:19:49,719 --> 00:19:50,889
Hey, Byung Ho.

267
00:19:51,359 --> 00:19:54,259
Those guys we beat yesterday want to have revenge. What do you say?

268
00:19:54,260 --> 00:19:55,829
Of course, we should fight.

269
00:19:55,830 --> 00:19:57,230
Okay. Let's go.

270
00:19:58,000 --> 00:19:59,330
Put it in my room.

271
00:20:00,699 --> 00:20:02,169
The thing you said earlier. What does it mean?

272
00:20:02,570 --> 00:20:04,199
My goodness.

273
00:20:04,699 --> 00:20:06,169
I thought you were smart.

274
00:20:06,909 --> 00:20:08,310
It's simple, so listen carefully.

275
00:20:08,639 --> 00:20:10,439
Write my name on your exam paper tomorrow.

276
00:20:10,840 --> 00:20:12,510
I'll write your name on my exam paper.

277
00:20:12,550 --> 00:20:13,879
What do you think? It's very easy, isn't it?

278
00:20:14,709 --> 00:20:16,149
Are you saying that you want to cheat?

279
00:20:16,379 --> 00:20:19,020
I don't know what you're talking about. I'll just trust you.

280
00:20:19,419 --> 00:20:22,159
Don't forget that you can decide on your family's future.

281
00:20:22,290 --> 00:20:23,689
My family's future? What do you mean?

282
00:20:25,159 --> 00:20:27,260
Should I stop beating around the bush?

283
00:20:27,959 --> 00:20:29,529
Don't let your poor family live on the street...

284
00:20:29,530 --> 00:20:32,270
by getting on the wrong side of the son of the landlord.

285
00:20:32,699 --> 00:20:33,699
Gosh.

286
00:20:39,810 --> 00:20:42,079
(Math exam)

287
00:20:42,080 --> 00:20:44,780
You have five minutes left, guys. Finish up.

288
00:20:46,209 --> 00:20:49,050
(Name: Ha Eun Gyeol)

289
00:21:05,199 --> 00:21:08,939
(Name: Yeom)

290
00:21:14,469 --> 00:21:16,510
Are you bragging how brave you are right now?

291
00:21:17,080 --> 00:21:20,010
I only hung out with you because I pitied you. You're nothing on me.

292
00:21:20,909 --> 00:21:22,719
Stop looking at me.

293
00:21:23,050 --> 00:21:24,679
Do you want to get beaten up?

294
00:21:25,350 --> 00:21:27,020
I never said I would cooperate.

295
00:21:27,090 --> 00:21:29,090
"I never said I would cooperate."

296
00:21:31,919 --> 00:21:33,330
I'll let it slide only until today.

297
00:21:33,929 --> 00:21:35,628
- Next time, I'll tell your mom... - How dare you?

298
00:21:35,629 --> 00:21:36,928
- Stop. - Don't do it.

299
00:21:36,929 --> 00:21:39,069
You'll see. I'll tell my mom...

300
00:21:39,070 --> 00:21:42,240
to kick your penniless family out of our property.

301
00:21:42,439 --> 00:21:44,039
Brace yourself, loser!

302
00:21:44,040 --> 00:21:45,169
- Let's go. - Stop.

303
00:22:10,959 --> 00:22:12,830
(Viva Music)

304
00:22:25,810 --> 00:22:28,179
(Viva Music)

305
00:22:34,649 --> 00:22:38,060
(Viva Music)

306
00:23:07,050 --> 00:23:11,020
(Viva Music)

307
00:23:20,570 --> 00:23:21,629
Dry yourself.

308
00:23:22,000 --> 00:23:23,500
You'll catch a cold like that.

309
00:23:24,270 --> 00:23:26,639
Or you can come in and have a cup of hot chocolate.

310
00:23:31,040 --> 00:23:33,250
You'll surprise your parents if you go home like this.

311
00:24:10,280 --> 00:24:11,850
Hey. There's nothing.

312
00:24:12,520 --> 00:24:14,619
There's nothing. Are you happy now?

313
00:24:18,060 --> 00:24:19,330
Thank you.

314
00:24:22,060 --> 00:24:25,030
Why did even you cry because of those punks?

315
00:24:26,070 --> 00:24:29,070
They're ruthless boys. No one wants to deal with them.

316
00:24:29,869 --> 00:24:31,100
Just ignore them.

317
00:24:31,399 --> 00:24:33,010
I didn't cry because of them.

318
00:24:35,679 --> 00:24:37,209
I cried because of the song.

319
00:24:39,109 --> 00:24:40,810
The song made me feel sad.

320
00:24:41,879 --> 00:24:43,919
It felt like the song was talking to me.

321
00:24:44,350 --> 00:24:45,790
Do you know Eric Clapton?

322
00:24:47,619 --> 00:24:48,820
Who is that?

323
00:24:52,219 --> 00:24:54,230
Don't keep it yourself.

324
00:24:54,760 --> 00:24:56,500
Tell your parents.

325
00:24:57,399 --> 00:25:00,000
I can't.

326
00:25:00,030 --> 00:25:02,669
You can talk about anything to your parents.

327
00:25:03,000 --> 00:25:04,198
Explain what happened and...

328
00:25:04,199 --> 00:25:05,969
If I cause a problem,

329
00:25:06,469 --> 00:25:07,909
people will talk badly about my parents.

330
00:25:08,980 --> 00:25:12,379
That they didn't raise their son well because they're disabled.

331
00:25:13,580 --> 00:25:15,250
Both my parents are deaf.

332
00:25:16,449 --> 00:25:17,780
When I do something wrong,

333
00:25:18,449 --> 00:25:20,550
people are twice as harsh to them.

334
00:25:21,550 --> 00:25:24,060
That's why I should do well.

335
00:25:25,119 --> 00:25:26,359
Do you have any siblings?

336
00:25:26,859 --> 00:25:28,159
My older brother is also deaf.

337
00:25:33,500 --> 00:25:34,830
Thank you for the hot chocolate.

338
00:25:41,669 --> 00:25:43,939
Do you want to learn how to play guitar?

339
00:25:47,480 --> 00:25:48,509
Sorry?

340
00:25:48,510 --> 00:25:50,149
Eric Clapton's song.

341
00:25:52,119 --> 00:25:54,050
Don't you want to play it yourself?

342
00:25:55,990 --> 00:25:57,959
Once you master the song,

343
00:25:58,790 --> 00:26:00,530
your life will change.

344
00:26:08,800 --> 00:26:09,800
"E..."

345
00:26:10,770 --> 00:26:11,770
Yes.

346
00:26:12,000 --> 00:26:14,439
"Three, zero, two, zero."

347
00:26:15,040 --> 00:26:16,409
(Open chords)

348
00:26:16,480 --> 00:26:17,740
"Three."

349
00:26:19,510 --> 00:26:21,050
"Three."

350
00:26:21,649 --> 00:26:22,850
"One."

351
00:26:28,590 --> 00:26:29,619
What is it?

352
00:26:31,859 --> 00:26:32,889
Sorry.

353
00:26:34,459 --> 00:26:36,459
Don't feed your enemy.

354
00:26:37,459 --> 00:26:39,230
If you feed people like them,

355
00:26:40,000 --> 00:26:41,270
all they will do is poop out of their mouths.

356
00:26:42,070 --> 00:26:44,399
They're not humans. They don't understand.

357
00:26:44,869 --> 00:26:47,540
But instruments are different.

358
00:26:48,240 --> 00:26:51,209
The guitar is nothing like them.

359
00:26:52,310 --> 00:26:55,580
If you talk to it sincerely...

360
00:27:06,730 --> 00:27:09,199
It gives you a sincere answer like this.

361
00:27:09,929 --> 00:27:12,000
If you talk to it sweetly...

362
00:27:19,000 --> 00:27:20,709
It gives you a sweet answer like this.

363
00:27:21,310 --> 00:27:22,540
When you're excited...

364
00:27:31,949 --> 00:27:33,189
It gets it excited as well.

365
00:27:33,520 --> 00:27:35,590
Let's say you're angry.

366
00:27:47,199 --> 00:27:48,570
It also gets angry.

367
00:27:48,770 --> 00:27:51,439
What should I do to play it like you?

368
00:27:51,500 --> 00:27:52,868
You should learn the language.

369
00:27:52,869 --> 00:27:54,369
- "Language?" - Yes.

370
00:27:54,540 --> 00:27:57,280
Because you should speak to this guy.

371
00:27:57,939 --> 00:28:00,379
Do you see these English alphabets here?

372
00:28:00,750 --> 00:28:02,719
These are the names of the chords.

373
00:28:03,449 --> 00:28:06,418
You should sing these to it 1 by 1.

374
00:28:06,419 --> 00:28:08,350
Not with your words, but with your hands.

375
00:28:09,389 --> 00:28:12,490
Then the guitar will answer...

376
00:28:12,689 --> 00:28:14,159
with the notes you wanted to hear.

377
00:28:42,689 --> 00:28:44,990
In a way, it's similar to sign language.

378
00:28:45,359 --> 00:28:46,958
You initiate a conversation using your hands...

379
00:28:46,959 --> 00:28:48,629
and hear sounds as your answer.

380
00:28:58,669 --> 00:29:01,269
My gosh. I'm so busy right now. Why are you here?

381
00:29:01,270 --> 00:29:04,739
Ma'am, I have a question for you.

382
00:29:04,740 --> 00:29:07,649
I heard there was a thing called the Housing Lease Protection Act.

383
00:29:07,909 --> 00:29:10,349
Because of it, you cannot kick out your tenants...

384
00:29:10,350 --> 00:29:13,689
before the lease expires even if you own the property. Is that true?

385
00:29:14,750 --> 00:29:16,290
Are you threatening me right now?

386
00:29:16,520 --> 00:29:18,188
I never said I'd kick out your family.

387
00:29:18,189 --> 00:29:21,490
I see. So it's true that tenants are protected by the law.

388
00:29:21,859 --> 00:29:22,929
Thank you.

389
00:29:23,129 --> 00:29:25,230
I'll let my parents know, then.

390
00:29:25,629 --> 00:29:26,800
Have a good day.

391
00:29:28,699 --> 00:29:29,868
What was that?

392
00:29:29,869 --> 00:29:32,039
I have so much to do. My goodness.

393
00:29:32,040 --> 00:29:36,379
There are major and minor chords.

394
00:29:36,609 --> 00:29:39,409
That's it. Then number 2. The 2nd one, right?

395
00:29:39,679 --> 00:29:42,279
You could say major chords sound happy,

396
00:29:42,280 --> 00:29:45,718
while minor chords sound sad and gloomy.

397
00:29:45,719 --> 00:29:46,948
Now, try it.

398
00:29:46,949 --> 00:29:49,118
It's not hard to be considerate of others.

399
00:29:49,119 --> 00:29:52,059
Just like how you're quietly listening to me...

400
00:29:52,060 --> 00:29:54,389
while I'm speaking now,

401
00:29:54,490 --> 00:29:55,888
try to put others first...

402
00:29:55,889 --> 00:29:59,230
Major and minor chords must coexist harmoniously...

403
00:29:59,570 --> 00:30:02,429
for a song to sound delightful and complete.

404
00:30:02,669 --> 00:30:03,740
- Idiot. - Let's go.

405
00:30:07,939 --> 00:30:10,080
(Art)

406
00:30:11,310 --> 00:30:12,780
The same goes for life.

407
00:30:13,649 --> 00:30:16,350
Experiencing hardships and joyful moments...

408
00:30:16,719 --> 00:30:20,019
helps you build your dazzling life.

409
00:30:20,020 --> 00:30:21,448
It's the slow go strumming pattern.

410
00:30:21,449 --> 00:30:23,188
The slow go go style. Listen carefully.

411
00:30:23,189 --> 00:30:25,760
One, two, three, four.

412
00:30:26,290 --> 00:30:27,490
Okay, here we go.

413
00:30:31,760 --> 00:30:32,800
A.

414
00:30:36,469 --> 00:30:37,469
B.

415
00:30:42,310 --> 00:30:45,540
By the way, what's the reason you're hiding it from your family?

416
00:30:46,679 --> 00:30:49,679
I just feel bad.

417
00:30:50,179 --> 00:30:51,479
(Viva Music)

418
00:30:51,480 --> 00:30:53,619
Because you can hear music, but they can't?

419
00:30:55,050 --> 00:30:56,090
No.

420
00:30:56,790 --> 00:30:59,530
Because I can play music, but they can't.

421
00:31:12,340 --> 00:31:14,409
(Viva Music, Musical Instruments, Repairs, Music Lessons)

422
00:33:05,449 --> 00:33:06,820
Say it already.

423
00:33:07,689 --> 00:33:08,749
Say what?

424
00:33:08,750 --> 00:33:10,889
You're torn whether or not to compliment me.

425
00:33:14,760 --> 00:33:15,990
I'll be back in a moment.

426
00:33:27,409 --> 00:33:28,510
What is this?

427
00:33:29,810 --> 00:33:31,809
Take a listen to the song in it...

428
00:33:31,810 --> 00:33:33,980
and try to come up with a guitar riff for it.

429
00:33:34,449 --> 00:33:36,050
If I think it sounds good enough,

430
00:33:36,879 --> 00:33:39,550
I'll give you that guitar. I know you want it.

431
00:33:40,389 --> 00:33:43,290
Really? Are you really going to give me that guitar?

432
00:33:43,990 --> 00:33:46,489
I said, "If I think it sounds good enough."

433
00:33:46,490 --> 00:33:48,929
I clearly said that.

434
00:33:49,859 --> 00:33:51,159
The song isn't complete.

435
00:33:51,359 --> 00:33:53,429
It only has the main melody line for the lead guitar.

436
00:33:54,129 --> 00:33:55,530
Fill in the rest.

437
00:34:03,240 --> 00:34:04,939
(Please forgive me. I will never get a zero again.)

438
00:34:08,350 --> 00:34:09,379
What?

439
00:34:16,290 --> 00:34:18,190
What are you doing? Get lost!

440
00:34:19,190 --> 00:34:20,389
What are you doing?

441
00:34:21,389 --> 00:34:23,659
Hey!

442
00:34:24,630 --> 00:34:25,759
Hey, what...

443
00:34:26,699 --> 00:34:29,029
Hey, why are you dumping your garbage on me? Take this at once.

444
00:34:29,369 --> 00:34:32,569
Hey! Eun Gyeol!

445
00:34:33,069 --> 00:34:35,170
Hey, I told you to take this!

446
00:34:35,540 --> 00:34:36,540
Hey!

447
00:34:37,210 --> 00:34:39,040
How dare you shout? You've done nothing to be proud of!

448
00:34:40,009 --> 00:34:41,549
I'm adding ten more minutes.

449
00:34:41,810 --> 00:34:43,380
You'd better not move.

450
00:34:59,869 --> 00:35:00,929
Where are you going?

451
00:35:01,130 --> 00:35:03,400
Isn't the restaurant closed today?

452
00:35:04,000 --> 00:35:06,638
The people at the head office want to meet...

453
00:35:06,639 --> 00:35:07,969
to talk about renewing the contract.

454
00:35:09,610 --> 00:35:11,109
Eun Ho has a cold.

455
00:35:11,110 --> 00:35:12,810
He took some medicine and fell asleep.

456
00:35:14,650 --> 00:35:17,480
Wake him up at around 7pm and give him the fever reducer.

457
00:35:17,679 --> 00:35:20,019
Don't go out. Stay home and look after Eun Ho.

458
00:35:20,020 --> 00:35:21,619
- Okay? - All right.

459
00:35:26,190 --> 00:35:27,190
See you later.

460
00:35:57,690 --> 00:36:00,659
But who wrote this melody?

461
00:36:01,460 --> 00:36:04,159
Did you write this?

462
00:36:05,000 --> 00:36:07,170
No, of course not.

463
00:36:08,469 --> 00:36:09,799
You wouldn't know even if I told you.

464
00:36:11,239 --> 00:36:14,170
No. No one would know.

465
00:36:15,239 --> 00:36:17,179
It was written by an artist no one knew.

466
00:37:02,420 --> 00:37:03,460
Hey!

467
00:37:04,719 --> 00:37:05,790
Ha Eun Gyeol!

468
00:37:08,060 --> 00:37:09,230
Come out!

469
00:37:11,330 --> 00:37:12,959
Hey, are you ignoring me right now?

470
00:37:12,960 --> 00:37:15,299
I'll count to three. Come out, or you're dead meat.

471
00:37:17,069 --> 00:37:18,139
One!

472
00:37:28,250 --> 00:37:29,549
Hey, loser.

473
00:37:29,920 --> 00:37:32,020
Why did you dump your trash on me?

474
00:37:35,889 --> 00:37:38,360
Throw your trash in the trash can.

475
00:38:15,130 --> 00:38:16,830
The person you reached is unavailable.

476
00:38:18,929 --> 00:38:21,770
Sir, why aren't you picking up?

477
00:38:22,469 --> 00:38:24,069
I already finished my homework.

478
00:38:24,670 --> 00:38:27,040
I'm on my way to your shop now. Please take a listen.

479
00:38:27,540 --> 00:38:28,839
I'm totally confident that you'll like it.

480
00:38:53,270 --> 00:38:55,400
(Viva Music)

481
00:39:02,170 --> 00:39:03,210
Sir?

482
00:39:05,310 --> 00:39:06,480
Sir!

483
00:39:08,279 --> 00:39:09,509
Sir.

484
00:39:16,420 --> 00:39:17,960
(Mr. Viva)

485
00:39:21,330 --> 00:39:23,560
(Ha Eun Gyeol)

486
00:39:44,750 --> 00:39:45,750
(Emergency Rescue)

487
00:39:46,619 --> 00:39:47,949
Turn off the gas and the power supply.

488
00:39:49,089 --> 00:39:50,089
Get your equipment...

489
00:39:50,090 --> 00:39:51,619
- and follow me right in. - Yes, sir.

490
00:39:58,029 --> 00:39:59,968
Gosh, someone's inside. What do we do?

491
00:39:59,969 --> 00:40:02,600
- Oh, no. - Please get them out.

492
00:40:02,799 --> 00:40:05,239
- My goodness. - Did the firefighters go inside?

493
00:40:08,969 --> 00:40:11,210
Gosh, I can't believe this.

494
00:40:11,779 --> 00:40:14,080
Where on earth have you been?

495
00:40:14,779 --> 00:40:16,619
Your kids? You're looking for your kids, right?

496
00:40:17,049 --> 00:40:19,118
The firefighters went inside a few moments ago.

497
00:40:19,119 --> 00:40:21,019
Let's wait for them to come out, okay?

498
00:40:21,020 --> 00:40:22,988
Oh, there they are.

499
00:40:22,989 --> 00:40:25,259
They're coming out.

500
00:40:29,360 --> 00:40:32,159
(Paramedic)

501
00:40:37,339 --> 00:40:38,339
Pardon me?

502
00:40:39,540 --> 00:40:40,540
His kids.

503
00:40:41,310 --> 00:40:42,908
He has two kids.

504
00:40:42,909 --> 00:40:45,239
I think he's trying to tell you that the other one is still inside.

505
00:40:45,940 --> 00:40:47,678
- We combed through the house. - Okay.

506
00:40:47,679 --> 00:40:49,409
- Tell him there was no one else. - Really?

507
00:40:50,020 --> 00:40:53,219
Hey, he said there was no one else.

508
00:40:53,819 --> 00:40:55,989
There was no one else inside.

509
00:41:01,089 --> 00:41:03,159
Mr. Ha!

510
00:41:04,159 --> 00:41:06,600
- You can't go inside. - Gosh, stop. Don't.

511
00:41:07,230 --> 00:41:09,230
Calm down. You can't go inside.

512
00:41:48,610 --> 00:41:51,809
- My goodness. - Sorry, coming through!

513
00:41:51,810 --> 00:41:53,379
- Gosh. - Where did he go?

514
00:41:53,380 --> 00:41:54,409
Mom!

515
00:41:59,549 --> 00:42:01,089
Why are you here?

516
00:42:01,690 --> 00:42:02,889
Where is Eun Ho?

517
00:42:03,420 --> 00:42:05,659
They took him to the hospital in an ambulance.

518
00:42:06,420 --> 00:42:08,960
What about Dad? Where's Dad?

519
00:42:09,259 --> 00:42:11,330
He went inside to find you!

520
00:42:12,759 --> 00:42:16,770
Dad. If Eun Ho and I were both in danger,

521
00:42:17,040 --> 00:42:18,569
which one of us would you save first?

522
00:42:20,339 --> 00:42:22,210
You, of course.

523
00:42:22,569 --> 00:42:23,610
Me?

524
00:42:24,339 --> 00:42:25,409
You're lying.

525
00:42:25,880 --> 00:42:27,008
No, I mean it.

526
00:42:27,009 --> 00:42:29,908
Of course, I'll do my best to save the whole family.

527
00:42:29,909 --> 00:42:32,880
However, I might not be able to do it on my own.

528
00:42:33,020 --> 00:42:35,589
So I'll save you first...

529
00:42:36,150 --> 00:42:37,290
because...

530
00:42:38,119 --> 00:42:39,190
Why?

531
00:42:40,290 --> 00:42:42,559
Because I know that you'll run and get someone...

532
00:42:42,560 --> 00:42:44,060
who can help me.

533
00:42:50,040 --> 00:42:51,270
Eun Gyeol.

534
00:42:51,600 --> 00:42:55,170
You're the voice that connects the family to the world.

535
00:42:57,580 --> 00:42:58,909
You're our angel.

536
00:43:01,650 --> 00:43:03,480
- Okay? - Okay.

537
00:43:34,049 --> 00:43:35,650
Dad!

538
00:43:35,949 --> 00:43:37,150
Dad.

539
00:43:38,520 --> 00:43:39,549
Dad.

540
00:43:46,290 --> 00:43:47,759
Dad!

541
00:43:49,029 --> 00:43:50,759
- Gosh, are you all right? - Are you okay, sir?

542
00:43:51,630 --> 00:43:52,730
Let's hurry.

543
00:43:53,130 --> 00:43:54,130
Dad.

544
00:44:00,440 --> 00:44:01,469
Dad.

545
00:44:03,040 --> 00:44:04,179
(Paramedics)

546
00:44:08,710 --> 00:44:10,980
I wonder what started the fire.

547
00:44:11,150 --> 00:44:13,650
I heard the boy was sleeping alone at home.

548
00:44:14,219 --> 00:44:15,319
I have no idea.

549
00:44:29,500 --> 00:44:31,469
Gosh, I can't believe this.

550
00:44:32,339 --> 00:44:34,469
Is this how you repay someone for their kindness?

551
00:44:35,170 --> 00:44:37,679
How could you set my house on fire?

552
00:44:40,710 --> 00:44:43,008
We didn't start the fire.

553
00:44:43,009 --> 00:44:44,548
It was because of a cigarette butt...

554
00:44:44,549 --> 00:44:45,819
In any case,

555
00:44:45,920 --> 00:44:47,849
I've been very considerate of your situation,

556
00:44:47,850 --> 00:44:49,020
and I've done enough for you.

557
00:44:49,190 --> 00:44:51,459
Go ahead and sue me for violating the Housing Lease Protection Act...

558
00:44:51,460 --> 00:44:53,888
or stage a one-man protest if you want to. I don't care.

559
00:44:53,889 --> 00:44:55,360
I want you to move out at once.

560
00:44:57,360 --> 00:44:58,630
You're not getting the deposit back.

561
00:44:59,400 --> 00:45:01,469
You know it won't be enough to cover all the repairs, right?

562
00:45:41,069 --> 00:45:43,239
Did you take a look around to make sure you didn't forget anything?

563
00:45:44,839 --> 00:45:46,080
Everything's burnt to ashes anyway.

564
00:45:48,179 --> 00:45:49,449
Did you forget anything?

565
00:45:49,580 --> 00:45:50,619
No.

566
00:46:08,400 --> 00:46:09,429
Dad.

567
00:46:09,869 --> 00:46:11,900
Wait a moment. Just one moment.

568
00:46:12,069 --> 00:46:13,770
I have to say goodbye to a friend of mine.

569
00:46:23,549 --> 00:46:25,420
(Viva Music)

570
00:46:25,650 --> 00:46:28,250
(In Mourning)

571
00:46:34,190 --> 00:46:36,190
(In Mourning)

572
00:46:42,429 --> 00:46:45,900
(Viva Music)

573
00:47:11,199 --> 00:47:14,170
(Viva Music)

574
00:47:23,569 --> 00:47:26,610
(In Mourning)

575
00:47:52,869 --> 00:47:55,440
(Viva Music)

576
00:48:08,790 --> 00:48:12,020
(6 years later)

577
00:48:20,730 --> 00:48:22,170
Hurry up and get out.

578
00:48:35,080 --> 00:48:37,819
This is our home now. We'll live here, just the two of us.

579
00:48:39,549 --> 00:48:41,290
Just focus on studying music.

580
00:48:41,520 --> 00:48:42,690
You understand what I'm saying, right?

581
00:48:52,159 --> 00:48:53,299
Bring it on!

582
00:48:56,270 --> 00:48:58,400
Nice. That's it. Keep it up!

583
00:49:00,469 --> 00:49:01,569
That's it!

584
00:49:04,779 --> 00:49:05,880
Nice!

585
00:49:18,690 --> 00:49:19,719
Okay.

586
00:49:21,060 --> 00:49:22,060
All right, guys. Come here.

587
00:49:24,600 --> 00:49:25,829
Ever since he hurt...

588
00:49:25,830 --> 00:49:27,059
his posterior cruciate ligament at the last match,

589
00:49:27,060 --> 00:49:28,830
he's been faltering right before kicking.

590
00:49:29,330 --> 00:49:30,999
If we just leave it, it'll turn into a habit,

591
00:49:31,000 --> 00:49:32,139
so he should be careful for the time being.

592
00:49:32,369 --> 00:49:34,310
(We welcome all athletes.)

593
00:49:34,909 --> 00:49:36,270
He says...

594
00:49:36,770 --> 00:49:39,639
you should be careful because you hurt your knee in the last match.

595
00:49:40,980 --> 00:49:42,409
Okay, got it.

596
00:49:42,750 --> 00:49:44,318
Be careful, okay?

597
00:49:44,319 --> 00:49:45,750
- Yes, sir. - Good.

598
00:49:46,980 --> 00:49:49,789
Anyway, I know you're just helping your brother practice,

599
00:49:49,790 --> 00:49:51,818
but you might end up participating in the tournament at this rate.

600
00:49:51,819 --> 00:49:53,619
You're improving by the day, Eun Gyeol.

601
00:49:54,460 --> 00:49:55,730
Do you want to give it a go?

602
00:49:55,960 --> 00:49:58,599
Maybe, after I make sure this guy wins a medal.

603
00:49:58,600 --> 00:50:00,258
Hey, be careful not to hurt him.

604
00:50:00,259 --> 00:50:01,600
Hey, guys.

605
00:50:02,429 --> 00:50:04,540
- Eun Gyeol! - Ouch, sorry.

606
00:50:06,339 --> 00:50:09,709
Anyway, remember what Coach said,

607
00:50:09,710 --> 00:50:11,339
and don't miss a single physical therapy session.

608
00:50:11,580 --> 00:50:13,738
The national tournament is coming up,

609
00:50:13,739 --> 00:50:15,380
so you must keep in tip-top shape.

610
00:50:24,920 --> 00:50:27,360
(Looking like an idol singer.)

611
00:50:31,360 --> 00:50:33,829
You know it's not easy to get a good score.

612
00:50:33,830 --> 00:50:34,900
As for the individual match...

613
00:50:36,130 --> 00:50:37,399
Don't you know you must be 1 of the top 3 players...

614
00:50:37,400 --> 00:50:40,069
to safely pass the quota special screening?

615
00:50:49,380 --> 00:50:50,980
(New post)

616
00:50:53,850 --> 00:50:55,049
Hey, seriously!

617
00:50:56,619 --> 00:50:58,460
I bet you've got a new girlfriend.

618
00:51:15,969 --> 00:51:18,339
Way to go, right before such an important match.

619
00:51:19,279 --> 00:51:20,580
So who is it, this time?

620
00:51:22,179 --> 00:51:23,210
A pretty one.

621
00:51:26,080 --> 00:51:27,119
She's like me.

622
00:51:28,250 --> 00:51:29,290
What do you mean?

623
00:51:29,889 --> 00:51:30,960
You mean, you're both pretty?

624
00:51:31,960 --> 00:51:34,460
Or is she a taekwondo athlete too?

625
00:51:34,560 --> 00:51:35,659
No.

626
00:51:36,290 --> 00:51:37,560
She's deaf, just like me.

627
00:51:39,429 --> 00:51:40,770
She attends an arts high school and plays the cello.

628
00:52:06,089 --> 00:52:07,560
Hello, what would you like to order...

629
00:52:30,779 --> 00:52:32,549
(Choi Se Gyeong)

630
00:52:36,190 --> 00:52:40,690
Oh, wait... Just a moment, please.

631
00:52:44,029 --> 00:52:46,000
Gosh, seriously?

632
00:52:47,630 --> 00:52:48,929
What would you like to order?

633
00:53:13,520 --> 00:53:17,060
Come on. Let me hear your voice.

634
00:53:18,259 --> 00:53:20,699
Come on. Speak.

635
00:53:21,670 --> 00:53:23,969
Come on. Hurry up.

636
00:53:24,739 --> 00:53:27,638
Wait, how can she play the cello if she's deaf?

637
00:53:27,639 --> 00:53:28,969
I want the Watermelon Sugar flavour.

638
00:53:29,509 --> 00:53:30,540
What about you girls?

639
00:53:31,139 --> 00:53:32,179
What? It was a lie?

640
00:53:33,179 --> 00:53:34,880
So she isn't deaf?

641
00:53:36,310 --> 00:53:37,819
Why did she lie about something like that?

642
00:53:38,350 --> 00:53:40,650
No idea. She must've had a reason.

643
00:53:40,949 --> 00:53:42,850
Maybe she's like that just in front of me.

644
00:53:42,949 --> 00:53:45,790
Right, so why would she put on such an act in front of you?

645
00:53:46,290 --> 00:53:48,888
Because she likes me and wants to become like me.

646
00:53:48,889 --> 00:53:50,290
I guess she wants my attention?

647
00:53:51,659 --> 00:53:52,699
I mean, maybe?

648
00:53:55,299 --> 00:53:56,630
Kudos to you for being so confident.

649
00:53:57,600 --> 00:53:59,069
Then how do you guys communicate?

650
00:53:59,900 --> 00:54:01,170
You said she couldn't use sign language.

651
00:54:02,139 --> 00:54:03,408
We exchange notes.

652
00:54:03,409 --> 00:54:06,409
Her handwriting is so pretty. Just like her face.

653
00:54:12,949 --> 00:54:14,118
Code zero.

654
00:54:14,119 --> 00:54:15,889
Come to the store at once, both of you. Hurry up.

655
00:54:18,819 --> 00:54:20,489
Here's your ice cream!

656
00:54:26,659 --> 00:54:27,670
Ta-Da.

657
00:54:29,130 --> 00:54:31,270
Ta-Da. Surprise.

658
00:54:35,440 --> 00:54:36,568
Just say it,

659
00:54:36,569 --> 00:54:38,409
and stop making my heart pound.

660
00:54:38,980 --> 00:54:40,948
- That's not what I ordered. - It is.

661
00:54:40,949 --> 00:54:42,408
- No, it's not. - Yes, it is.

662
00:54:42,409 --> 00:54:44,079
You ordered Watermelon Sugar.

663
00:54:44,080 --> 00:54:45,948
I added an extra scoop...

664
00:54:45,949 --> 00:54:48,649
and a little more to show you my love.

665
00:54:48,650 --> 00:54:49,850
I'm sorry,

666
00:54:50,119 --> 00:54:51,758
but I don't think I can carry that.

667
00:54:51,759 --> 00:54:53,559
Oh, I will take care of that.

668
00:54:53,560 --> 00:54:55,389
I'll deliver it to your table, safe and sound.

669
00:55:07,170 --> 00:55:09,440
Make way. Get out of my way!

670
00:55:13,409 --> 00:55:14,880
Arrived safely!

671
00:55:15,009 --> 00:55:16,679
Watermelon Sugar!

672
00:55:18,119 --> 00:55:19,179
Hey, Yi Chan!

673
00:55:21,489 --> 00:55:22,949
Code zero. Run.

674
00:55:23,049 --> 00:55:25,718
My gosh. How rude. Can't you see that there are customers here?

675
00:55:25,719 --> 00:55:27,860
- Your grandma is here, you idiot. - What?

676
00:55:33,029 --> 00:55:35,469
My name is Ha Yi Chan. We'll meet again.

677
00:55:39,699 --> 00:55:42,170
- Hey, wait up. - Grandma!

678
00:55:49,880 --> 00:55:51,519
You. Stop right there.

679
00:55:51,520 --> 00:55:53,619
Grandma, you put that down first.

680
00:55:53,779 --> 00:55:56,718
You're still wet behind the ears. Shouldn't you be studying?

681
00:55:56,719 --> 00:55:59,189
How could you con people to earn money?

682
00:55:59,190 --> 00:56:00,989
My gosh! What do you mean I conned people?

683
00:56:01,089 --> 00:56:02,429
How could you say such a thing to your grandson?

684
00:56:02,759 --> 00:56:05,798
You stole the college boys' student cards...

685
00:56:05,799 --> 00:56:08,099
to get a job. If that's not fraud, what is?

686
00:56:08,100 --> 00:56:10,599
It's not fraud. It's my part-time job!

687
00:56:10,600 --> 00:56:11,999
I never told you to get a part-time job.

688
00:56:12,000 --> 00:56:13,499
It's not like I did it for selfish reasons.

689
00:56:13,500 --> 00:56:14,809
I want to see you live a comfortable life, Grandma.

690
00:56:14,810 --> 00:56:15,838
This is all on you!

691
00:56:15,839 --> 00:56:17,539
The moment I catch you,

692
00:56:17,540 --> 00:56:20,480
I'm going to stitch your lips together.

693
00:56:25,880 --> 00:56:27,888
- Hey, what are you doing? - My gosh. I'm sorry.

694
00:56:27,889 --> 00:56:29,790
- What a mess. - Let me help.

695
00:56:49,670 --> 00:56:50,670
I'm sorry!

696
00:56:58,549 --> 00:57:00,350
Sorry, coming through!

697
00:57:05,190 --> 00:57:06,290
Well, all right.

698
00:57:06,360 --> 00:57:09,659
Even if you regret it later, you should get married.

699
00:57:10,630 --> 00:57:11,630
Stop right there, you brat!

700
00:57:11,631 --> 00:57:13,860
(To Die For Chicken)

701
00:57:21,270 --> 00:57:23,270
What happened? You called code zero.

702
00:57:23,469 --> 00:57:24,980
Look, over there.

703
00:57:25,239 --> 00:57:26,310
(To Die For Chicken)

704
00:57:26,339 --> 00:57:28,079
- What do you think? - Goodness.

705
00:57:28,080 --> 00:57:30,408
- Oh, boy. - Your business is doing well.

706
00:57:30,409 --> 00:57:32,520
(I hear Eun Gyeol gets such good grades in school.)

707
00:57:32,650 --> 00:57:33,749
You're doing well for yourself.

708
00:57:33,750 --> 00:57:36,049
We had that meeting today, so I'm sure everything will be fine.

709
00:57:36,850 --> 00:57:39,118
Your dad brought them here after the vendors' meeting.

710
00:57:39,119 --> 00:57:41,059
"Eun Gyeol is..."

711
00:57:41,060 --> 00:57:42,190
Why?

712
00:57:43,130 --> 00:57:45,129
To brag to them about how he managed to turn things around...

713
00:57:45,130 --> 00:57:46,500
and come back after six years.

714
00:57:47,560 --> 00:57:50,329
And he's been bragging about his sons for an hour now.

715
00:57:50,330 --> 00:57:52,170
Hey. Oh, thanks.

716
00:57:57,569 --> 00:57:58,880
I know you're jealous. Don't lie.

717
00:58:04,049 --> 00:58:05,979
Yes, you raised them well. Good job.

718
00:58:05,980 --> 00:58:07,618
- We give you that. - Yes.

719
00:58:07,619 --> 00:58:08,988
- Oh, boy. - Goodness.

720
00:58:08,989 --> 00:58:10,520
- Gosh. - Five, four,

721
00:58:10,719 --> 00:58:12,219
three, two,

722
00:58:12,690 --> 00:58:13,860
- This is nice. - one.

723
00:58:14,589 --> 00:58:15,589
- Hey, you know... - And he's out.

724
00:58:17,529 --> 00:58:20,259
He conked out again. Goodness. Here he goes again.

725
00:58:21,600 --> 00:58:22,770
Take him home.

726
00:58:25,299 --> 00:58:26,339
Gosh.

727
00:58:34,009 --> 00:58:35,080
Take care of the rest.

728
00:58:58,400 --> 00:59:00,170
What is it? Do you need something?

729
00:59:07,880 --> 00:59:09,980
Everyone at the vendors' meeting today...

730
00:59:10,610 --> 00:59:12,350
was envious of me.

731
00:59:15,650 --> 00:59:18,460
Six years ago, they all looked down on me.

732
00:59:19,259 --> 00:59:21,330
But now, no one can dare to look down on me.

733
00:59:23,460 --> 00:59:26,600
I have a son who will go on to join the taekwondo national team.

734
00:59:28,770 --> 00:59:31,339
And my other son who's a top student will go on to become a doctor.

735
00:59:32,369 --> 00:59:35,310
I have two sons with such bright futures.

736
00:59:37,569 --> 00:59:39,339
I'm not a doctor yet, you know.

737
00:59:52,060 --> 00:59:53,190
Thank you.

738
00:59:53,659 --> 00:59:55,330
Eun Gyeol, if it weren't for you,

739
00:59:56,029 --> 00:59:58,330
people would never treat me this well.

740
00:59:59,730 --> 01:00:01,569
Just study hard.

741
01:00:01,630 --> 01:00:04,699
I'll do whatever it takes to give you all the support you need.

742
01:00:07,069 --> 01:00:09,139
I suppose the Almighty truly exists, after all.

743
01:00:10,670 --> 01:00:13,179
In exchange for my deafness,

744
01:00:13,409 --> 01:00:15,980
the Almighty gave me my two sons, you and Eun Ho,

745
01:00:36,969 --> 01:00:39,069
But now, no one can dare to look down on me.

746
01:00:40,299 --> 01:00:41,440
Thank you.

747
01:00:42,069 --> 01:00:43,839
Eun Gyeol, if it weren't for you,

748
01:00:44,480 --> 01:00:46,779
people would never treat me this well.

749
01:00:48,009 --> 01:00:49,908
Just study hard.

750
01:00:49,909 --> 01:00:53,049
I'll do whatever it takes to give you all the support you need.

751
01:00:57,719 --> 01:00:59,259
(Remember. I'm my parents' pride. I will get into med school!)

752
01:01:42,069 --> 01:01:44,000
Do you know what this symbol here means?

753
01:01:46,540 --> 01:01:49,770
People who do music all understand what this means.

754
01:01:49,909 --> 01:01:51,509
It's like a code word.

755
01:01:52,239 --> 01:01:53,480
It's called a coda.

756
01:01:53,940 --> 01:01:57,210
When you see a coda near the end of a song,

757
01:01:57,549 --> 01:02:00,880
you know you should get ready to wrap it up beautifully.

758
01:02:01,650 --> 01:02:03,089
It has a very nice meaning.

759
01:02:04,690 --> 01:02:06,159
Shall I let you in on a secret?

760
01:02:07,420 --> 01:02:09,730
- You're a coda too. - Me?

761
01:02:09,929 --> 01:02:12,798
"CODA" refers to hearing children like you...

762
01:02:12,799 --> 01:02:14,360
who were born...

763
01:02:14,770 --> 01:02:15,900
to deaf parents.

764
01:02:16,299 --> 01:02:18,600
There are other kids like me?

765
01:02:18,770 --> 01:02:20,670
Of course, there are.

766
01:02:21,670 --> 01:02:23,709
You connect the world filled with sounds...

767
01:02:23,710 --> 01:02:25,040
with the world of silence,

768
01:02:25,409 --> 01:02:26,679
using your voice and hands.

769
01:02:27,739 --> 01:02:29,279
And at times, like you.

770
01:02:30,150 --> 01:02:31,150
Through music.

771
01:04:26,199 --> 01:04:29,000
(Special thanks to Chon Ho Jin, Kim Mi Hwa, and Heo Jung Min.)

772
01:04:55,460 --> 01:05:00,060
(Twinkling Watermelon)

773
01:05:00,199 --> 01:05:02,199
I want to do music.

774
01:05:02,429 --> 01:05:04,068
I know you won't like this, Dad.

775
01:05:04,069 --> 01:05:05,539
But this is the real me.

776
01:05:05,540 --> 01:05:07,198
You're just lost and confused at the moment.

777
01:05:07,199 --> 01:05:08,739
This isn't the real you.

778
01:05:08,810 --> 01:05:10,139
Hello, welcome.

779
01:05:10,369 --> 01:05:11,408
How may I help you?

780
01:05:11,409 --> 01:05:13,480
Oh, are you here to sell your guitar?

781
01:05:14,139 --> 01:05:15,379
You're in love.

782
01:05:15,380 --> 01:05:16,809
The only way you can charm a pretty girl...

783
01:05:16,810 --> 01:05:18,979
when you have no money or power...

784
01:05:18,980 --> 01:05:20,549
is to join a band!

785
01:05:20,819 --> 01:05:22,250
What did you just say?

786
01:05:22,420 --> 01:05:23,448
You'll become what?

787
01:05:23,449 --> 01:05:24,519
Choi Se Gyeong's boyfriend.

788
01:05:24,520 --> 01:05:26,259
- Your fly is open. - My gosh.

789
01:05:26,889 --> 01:05:27,920
Yoon Dong Jin?

790
01:05:28,929 --> 01:05:29,989
Dad?