"Twinkling Watermelon" KDrama Script: Ep10 (English)

 1

00:00:11,309 --> 00:00:12,779
(Ryeo Un)

2
00:00:14,049 --> 00:00:15,920
(Choi Hyun Wook)

3
00:00:17,990 --> 00:00:19,650
(Seol In Ah)

4
00:00:24,689 --> 00:00:26,630
(Shin Eun Soo)

5
00:00:34,240 --> 00:00:38,008
(Twinkling Watermelon)

6
00:00:38,009 --> 00:00:39,239
(Production sponsors)

7
00:00:39,240 --> 00:00:40,739
(Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, KOCCA)

8
00:00:40,740 --> 00:00:41,740
(All people, organizations, locations, and incidents...)

9
00:00:41,740 --> 00:00:42,740
(in this drama are fictitious.)

10
00:00:42,740 --> 00:00:43,740
(Staff ensured child actors' safety in the filming of this drama.)

11
00:00:44,880 --> 00:00:47,920
"Sorry. I shouldn't have let myself fall for you. I made a mistake."

12
00:00:49,350 --> 00:00:51,550
"I have a dream and goals."

13
00:00:51,789 --> 00:00:54,759
"It's my dream and my family's dream too."

14
00:00:55,719 --> 00:00:57,219
"At this stage of my life, dating someone..."

15
00:00:57,319 --> 00:01:00,560
"would feel like a waste of emotion and time, which is useless."

16
00:01:01,560 --> 00:01:03,660
"Useless?" What?

17
00:01:04,060 --> 00:01:05,999
That's what Eun Ho wanted me to tell you.

18
00:01:10,869 --> 00:01:12,209
Tell me yourself.

19
00:01:12,640 --> 00:01:14,280
I don't believe this guy.

20
00:01:14,880 --> 00:01:17,239
(Tell me yourself. I don't believe this guy.)

21
00:01:17,240 --> 00:01:18,709
I'll DM you later.

22
00:01:21,880 --> 00:01:23,948
Sorry. Don't contact him until he gets into college...

23
00:01:23,949 --> 00:01:26,289
- Hey! - He asked me to tell you that.

24
00:01:40,470 --> 00:01:41,800
You selfish jerk.

25
00:01:48,140 --> 00:01:49,209
Shut it.

26
00:01:50,780 --> 00:01:53,080
(Episode 10)

27
00:02:01,890 --> 00:02:04,459
Four down. There's just one left now, right?

28
00:02:05,059 --> 00:02:06,229
Hand over her number now.

29
00:02:07,160 --> 00:02:09,229
No way. This one, I really can't.

30
00:02:09,399 --> 00:02:11,129
"No way?" What do you mean?

31
00:02:11,130 --> 00:02:13,870
You promised me you'd cut off contact with all of them.

32
00:02:15,199 --> 00:02:16,970
Hurry up and hand it over.

33
00:02:17,100 --> 00:02:18,639
It's that cellist girl, right?

34
00:02:18,769 --> 00:02:20,310
Hand it over. Come on.

35
00:02:22,680 --> 00:02:25,150
No, she's special to me.

36
00:02:28,680 --> 00:02:31,590
This is such a critical time for you. Don't you know that?

37
00:02:33,389 --> 00:02:34,589
Getting into college won't be easy...

38
00:02:34,590 --> 00:02:36,720
even if you're focused solely on the training.

39
00:02:37,560 --> 00:02:39,889
You need to start seriously thinking about your future.

40
00:02:40,829 --> 00:02:43,299
You're doing this for your own future, not mine.

41
00:02:43,900 --> 00:02:44,970
What?

42
00:02:45,130 --> 00:02:47,900
I need to achieve my dream for you to free yourself from this burden.

43
00:02:48,900 --> 00:02:49,940
Eun Ho.

44
00:02:53,269 --> 00:02:56,780
Eun Gyeol, just live your life.

45
00:02:56,979 --> 00:02:59,049
I'll figure out what to do with my own life.

46
00:03:02,919 --> 00:03:05,720
From time to time, let yourself enjoy the moment.

47
00:03:06,549 --> 00:03:08,660
Let yourself fall in love, like me.

48
00:03:09,460 --> 00:03:11,858
Don't waste your youth because of me or the family...

49
00:03:11,859 --> 00:03:14,229
because you can never get back your youth.

50
00:03:14,930 --> 00:03:16,729
Let yourself twinkle while you can.

51
00:03:17,699 --> 00:03:19,600
Do things that make your heart flutter.

52
00:03:20,299 --> 00:03:22,440
It won't make your world come crashing down.

53
00:03:51,530 --> 00:03:52,729
You've grown up to be a fine young man.

54
00:03:53,930 --> 00:03:56,539
Do you want to come in for a moment? I have something to give you.

55
00:04:02,910 --> 00:04:05,850
My gosh. Abstinence can be charming.

56
00:04:06,850 --> 00:04:08,150
Your self-restraint is impressive.

57
00:04:10,479 --> 00:04:11,889
I must be going crazy.

58
00:04:12,049 --> 00:04:13,488
Ms. Choi gave me Mr. Viva's guitar.

59
00:04:13,489 --> 00:04:15,489
I should thank her if anything. What was I doing, just now?

60
00:04:17,160 --> 00:04:20,289
Come on. It's okay.

61
00:04:20,789 --> 00:04:22,829
The embarrassment will keep you up at night for a month.

62
00:04:22,830 --> 00:04:24,199
But after that, you'll forget it in no time.

63
00:04:24,200 --> 00:04:25,669
Embarrassing memories are precious too, you see.

64
00:04:28,539 --> 00:04:31,809
My gosh. It's okay.

65
00:04:32,039 --> 00:04:33,569
Having a crush on someone is a valuable experience too,

66
00:04:33,570 --> 00:04:34,910
like your first love.

67
00:04:35,640 --> 00:04:37,809
And be honoured that I'm your crush.

68
00:04:39,150 --> 00:04:42,179
Do you remember, Eun Ho? That day, you told me...

69
00:04:42,749 --> 00:04:46,549
that life didn't have to be perfect for it to shine.

70
00:04:46,890 --> 00:04:48,820
It's the little moments that make your life twinkle,

71
00:04:49,260 --> 00:04:50,390
and happiness is...

72
00:04:50,590 --> 00:04:53,229
what you experience when those moments come together.

73
00:04:54,729 --> 00:04:57,129
But be honest with me.

74
00:04:57,359 --> 00:04:59,270
Can I really let myself twinkle from time to time?

75
00:04:59,470 --> 00:05:00,668
I bet you've never dated.

76
00:05:00,669 --> 00:05:02,999
Can I let myself follow my heart from time to time?

77
00:05:03,270 --> 00:05:05,369
You've never dated, right? I knew it!

78
00:05:05,910 --> 00:05:07,609
Would my world really not come crashing down?

79
00:05:08,210 --> 00:05:11,280
Look at you, you've never dated

80
00:05:11,450 --> 00:05:12,879
You've never dated

81
00:05:56,059 --> 00:05:57,059
Hey.

82
00:05:58,429 --> 00:05:59,530
Well...

83
00:06:01,330 --> 00:06:02,330
That portrait.

84
00:06:04,229 --> 00:06:05,970
Is that me?

85
00:06:16,080 --> 00:06:17,080
But why?

86
00:06:19,910 --> 00:06:20,950
Don't tell me...

87
00:06:23,280 --> 00:06:24,890
Hey, do you...

88
00:06:28,960 --> 00:06:29,960
like me?

89
00:07:02,090 --> 00:07:03,489
- Hey, you know... - Hey.

90
00:07:05,689 --> 00:07:06,789
- You go first. - You go first.

91
00:07:08,760 --> 00:07:10,200
- Or shall I... - Shall I go first?

92
00:07:14,570 --> 00:07:16,640
- About earlier... - Let's pretend it never happened.

93
00:07:18,210 --> 00:07:20,340
Yes, I get it.

94
00:07:20,669 --> 00:07:23,609
This weather, the moist air, and this romantic ambience.

95
00:07:23,939 --> 00:07:25,548
All these things...

96
00:07:25,549 --> 00:07:27,950
provoked your dirty mind.

97
00:07:29,220 --> 00:07:31,080
"Dirty mind?" What?

98
00:07:32,419 --> 00:07:34,150
It's okay. I really understand.

99
00:07:34,590 --> 00:07:36,918
Well, let's just pretend it never happened...

100
00:07:36,919 --> 00:07:38,890
and keep some distance from each other.

101
00:07:42,760 --> 00:07:44,830
Always stay at least 5m away from me, okay?

102
00:07:46,530 --> 00:07:47,869
Why should I do that?

103
00:07:48,369 --> 00:07:49,640
You know why.

104
00:07:49,840 --> 00:07:52,709
You cheated to steal the ball from Yi Chan.

105
00:07:52,710 --> 00:07:55,709
Like I said, I want to be fair to you both until the festival...

106
00:07:55,710 --> 00:07:57,309
You're not entirely wrong,

107
00:07:58,210 --> 00:07:59,609
but you're building up walls around you.

108
00:08:01,010 --> 00:08:02,619
I'm a little offended.

109
00:08:03,950 --> 00:08:05,419
Of course, I...

110
00:08:06,390 --> 00:08:08,260
I can't say I'm not partially responsible.

111
00:08:08,660 --> 00:08:11,728
Gosh, boys at age 18 are like beasts.

112
00:08:11,729 --> 00:08:13,929
I admit that I let my guard down.

113
00:08:14,189 --> 00:08:16,429
Then I'll knock 2m off.

114
00:08:16,530 --> 00:08:18,400
Always stay at least 3m away from me, okay?

115
00:08:22,799 --> 00:08:24,770
- About what happened earlier... - Okay, fine.

116
00:08:24,939 --> 00:08:27,710
Always stay at least 2m away from me. End of discussion.

117
00:08:27,979 --> 00:08:29,010
Bye.

118
00:08:48,460 --> 00:08:51,259
This is nuts. I must be losing my mind!

119
00:08:51,430 --> 00:08:54,069
"About what happened earlier?" What were you going to say?

120
00:08:54,070 --> 00:08:55,799
That you're sorry? That it was a mistake?

121
00:08:55,800 --> 00:08:58,170
That it was part of your mission or something? If not that...

122
00:09:11,180 --> 00:09:12,290
If not that,

123
00:09:15,060 --> 00:09:16,259
what was it?

124
00:09:18,759 --> 00:09:19,859
What happened earlier.

125
00:09:31,540 --> 00:09:32,540
What's up?

126
00:09:33,040 --> 00:09:35,180
What is it? Where are we going?

127
00:09:50,889 --> 00:09:53,029
What do those signs mean?

128
00:09:53,629 --> 00:09:55,499
(What do those signs mean?)

129
00:09:57,659 --> 00:10:00,830
It means, "Don't go. Stay with me."

130
00:10:04,070 --> 00:10:05,970
Why do you ask? Did someone say that to you?

131
00:10:08,909 --> 00:10:09,979
Then what about this?

132
00:10:11,749 --> 00:10:15,519
"Thank you for saving me."

133
00:10:16,249 --> 00:10:18,619
"And I'm sorry."

134
00:10:19,420 --> 00:10:22,489
"I didn't know that you were the one who saved me."

135
00:10:23,420 --> 00:10:24,619
It was Yi Chan, wasn't it?

136
00:10:28,060 --> 00:10:29,960
Yi Chan said that. Am I right?

137
00:10:33,600 --> 00:10:34,840
It's a green light.

138
00:10:37,139 --> 00:10:38,970
I want to learn sign language.

139
00:10:41,210 --> 00:10:42,979
So I can make friends.

140
00:10:43,580 --> 00:10:45,108
You'll teach me, right?

141
00:10:45,109 --> 00:10:46,749
(You'll teach me, right?)

142
00:10:52,950 --> 00:10:55,759
Yes. I'll teach you.

143
00:10:56,519 --> 00:10:58,060
I'll do my very best.

144
00:11:15,580 --> 00:11:18,509
So it's been a few days. Are you enjoying working as a live-in tutor?

145
00:11:18,749 --> 00:11:20,050
Yes, it's been good.

146
00:11:20,249 --> 00:11:22,149
You remember the promise you made me, right?

147
00:11:23,279 --> 00:11:26,089
Let me say it again. I'll have to see results in a month.

148
00:11:26,090 --> 00:11:27,420
If not, there will be consequences.

149
00:11:27,820 --> 00:11:30,889
Please don't worry. I always keep my promises.

150
00:11:31,629 --> 00:11:32,830
I'll look forward to it, then.

151
00:11:33,560 --> 00:11:35,430
- You can go. - Yes, sir.

152
00:11:42,470 --> 00:11:44,070
Do you have something else to say?

153
00:11:45,570 --> 00:11:48,278
Sir, you have a business trip coming up.

154
00:11:48,279 --> 00:11:50,639
Why don't you bring back a fax machine as a gift for your daughter?

155
00:11:53,350 --> 00:11:56,580
I saved you, and you're now telling me what to do?

156
00:11:57,350 --> 00:11:59,648
If you buy her a fax machine as a gift,

157
00:11:59,649 --> 00:12:01,690
she can use it to communicate with the world.

158
00:12:02,320 --> 00:12:04,960
It could also help you achieve the results you want more quickly.

159
00:12:05,090 --> 00:12:08,129
I suppose you haven't learned what it means to overstep boundaries.

160
00:12:08,529 --> 00:12:11,499
I just meant that it could maximize your gains, which is what you like.

161
00:12:12,070 --> 00:12:13,129
All right, then.

162
00:12:19,170 --> 00:12:21,540
Why should I accept your request?

163
00:12:22,340 --> 00:12:24,540
I'm a businessman. I never take on deals that could result in losses.

164
00:12:25,180 --> 00:12:27,909
When I give 1 thing, I always gain at least 2 things.

165
00:12:28,550 --> 00:12:31,550
What could you offer if I were to accept your request?

166
00:12:32,050 --> 00:12:33,420
What could you give me?

167
00:12:44,430 --> 00:12:45,769
Her smile.

168
00:12:46,769 --> 00:12:47,769
What?

169
00:12:49,139 --> 00:12:51,399
I'll show you your daughter's smile.

170
00:12:51,940 --> 00:12:53,340
Not a fake one.

171
00:12:53,739 --> 00:12:56,340
A real smile. The kind you can only see when someone's truly happy.

172
00:13:35,149 --> 00:13:36,149
What?

173
00:13:42,460 --> 00:13:44,820
I'm leaving this here as I must stay at least 2m away from you.

174
00:13:45,259 --> 00:13:47,228
I washed it for you while filling up gas...

175
00:13:47,229 --> 00:13:48,659
and fixed a few things too.

176
00:13:50,430 --> 00:13:51,899
Of course, he has to tell me he did these things.

177
00:13:52,369 --> 00:13:54,498
Today's temperature, humidity level, ambience,

178
00:13:54,499 --> 00:13:57,700
and the whole universe wish you a wonderful day.

179
00:14:08,379 --> 00:14:09,779
Do you want to practice?

180
00:14:11,519 --> 00:14:14,989
"I want to be your friend."

181
00:14:17,420 --> 00:14:21,190
"I want to get to know you better."

182
00:14:23,060 --> 00:14:24,159
Well done.

183
00:14:41,820 --> 00:14:44,220
It's very nice to see the two of you on your way to school together.

184
00:14:45,619 --> 00:14:48,320
Can you spare me a moment before your class?

185
00:14:48,920 --> 00:14:51,960
(Seowon Arts High School)

186
00:14:59,769 --> 00:15:00,830
Eun Gyeol.

187
00:15:02,269 --> 00:15:03,300
Yes, ma'am.

188
00:15:04,300 --> 00:15:05,440
Am I a joke to you?

189
00:15:06,540 --> 00:15:07,570
Pardon me?

190
00:15:07,840 --> 00:15:09,878
I clearly told you that you weren't allowed...

191
00:15:09,879 --> 00:15:11,210
to use sign language in my house.

192
00:15:11,710 --> 00:15:13,950
I'd like to know your reason, one that I can understand.

193
00:15:16,220 --> 00:15:18,749
The family has its own education method.

194
00:15:19,790 --> 00:15:21,789
I can confidently say that it is the best way to raise Chung Ah...

195
00:15:21,790 --> 00:15:23,290
like a non-deaf person.

196
00:15:24,290 --> 00:15:25,859
Are you sure that is the only reason?

197
00:15:26,190 --> 00:15:27,529
What other reason could there be?

198
00:15:29,259 --> 00:15:31,560
Perhaps, you're deliberately isolating Chung Ah...

199
00:15:31,999 --> 00:15:34,499
and trying to make sure she can't communicate with Chairman Yoon...

200
00:15:35,170 --> 00:15:36,340
to get something.

201
00:15:39,570 --> 00:15:41,310
Jinsung Musical Instruments, for example.

202
00:15:50,279 --> 00:15:52,790
You seem to think that you're holding on to a sturdy rope.

203
00:15:53,690 --> 00:15:54,790
But you see...

204
00:15:55,889 --> 00:15:59,330
How many days out of the year do you think the chairman comes home?

205
00:15:59,989 --> 00:16:01,930
So when he's not around to see what's going on,

206
00:16:05,600 --> 00:16:08,070
you've been abusing Chung Ah in places he can't see?

207
00:16:08,739 --> 00:16:09,840
How dare you!

208
00:16:10,470 --> 00:16:12,269
That statement is considered slander.

209
00:16:14,509 --> 00:16:16,279
If I abused Chung Ah,

210
00:16:16,609 --> 00:16:18,979
how come the chairman has never once heard about it?

211
00:16:19,649 --> 00:16:22,619
There are many eyes and mouths in the household.

212
00:16:25,019 --> 00:16:28,388
All our employees believe in my education philosophy and obey...

213
00:16:28,389 --> 00:16:30,259
They keep their lips sealed because you pay them.

214
00:16:35,430 --> 00:16:37,330
I have that much insight.

215
00:16:39,129 --> 00:16:41,670
If you're thinking of suggesting the same thing to me,

216
00:16:42,840 --> 00:16:44,070
I must decline.

217
00:16:45,710 --> 00:16:47,239
If you have nothing else to say...

218
00:16:47,310 --> 00:16:48,680
The Guidance Committee...

219
00:16:49,479 --> 00:16:51,509
has decided to take the disciplinary action up a notch.

220
00:16:52,810 --> 00:16:55,050
You'll have to clean the school for a month...

221
00:16:55,350 --> 00:16:56,979
instead of attending your classes.

222
00:16:57,479 --> 00:16:59,619
But I was already told to submit letters of apology and volunteer...

223
00:17:04,759 --> 00:17:06,430
Are you doing this to get back at me?

224
00:17:08,060 --> 00:17:09,959
So I can't help Chung Ah study?

225
00:17:16,699 --> 00:17:19,740
Have you heard the idiom about the fox using the tiger's power?

226
00:17:29,149 --> 00:17:30,179
Darn it.

227
00:17:33,719 --> 00:17:36,790
The fox acted up, believing that the tiger had its back.

228
00:17:39,429 --> 00:17:40,590
What happened to the fox in the end?

229
00:17:41,560 --> 00:17:42,899
It survived,

230
00:17:43,830 --> 00:17:45,159
and it was not foolish.

231
00:17:46,830 --> 00:17:49,169
I believe the contract you signed with the chairman is for a month.

232
00:17:49,770 --> 00:17:51,600
You'd better leave before that.

233
00:17:53,469 --> 00:17:56,509
I'm sorry, but Chairman Yoon is my employer, not you.

234
00:17:56,510 --> 00:17:57,580
Leave.

235
00:18:01,080 --> 00:18:03,379
Move out of my house and leave my school.

236
00:18:03,980 --> 00:18:05,989
I don't care who you really are and what you're truly after.

237
00:18:05,990 --> 00:18:07,520
Go back to where you came from.

238
00:18:09,590 --> 00:18:10,689
Mark my words.

239
00:18:12,490 --> 00:18:13,959
If you ignore my warning,

240
00:18:14,590 --> 00:18:16,299
you'll witness the miserable demise...

241
00:18:16,300 --> 00:18:18,629
of the arrogant fox firsthand.

242
00:18:24,000 --> 00:18:26,169
Gosh, this really is nuts.

243
00:18:26,810 --> 00:18:29,609
I can't leave until my job here is done.

244
00:18:29,879 --> 00:18:32,049
Besides, I need to know how I can go back...

245
00:18:32,050 --> 00:18:34,449
to decide whether or not to go back.

246
00:18:35,379 --> 00:18:36,879
Darn it.

247
00:18:51,500 --> 00:18:52,570
What is this?

248
00:19:38,139 --> 00:19:40,249
- Hello? - Good day!

249
00:19:40,250 --> 00:19:41,579
You've got to be kidding me!

250
00:19:41,580 --> 00:19:44,480
Goodness. How scary. Are you a tiger or something?

251
00:19:44,879 --> 00:19:47,589
Gosh. Why are you so angry today?

252
00:19:47,590 --> 00:19:49,290
How could I not be angry?

253
00:19:49,520 --> 00:19:51,118
You call me whenever you want...

254
00:19:51,119 --> 00:19:52,529
and always hang up on me.

255
00:19:52,530 --> 00:19:54,458
I can't even reach you when I need you.

256
00:19:54,459 --> 00:19:57,358
All right, calm down. Let's talk it out.

257
00:19:57,359 --> 00:19:58,530
"Talk it out?" As if!

258
00:19:59,030 --> 00:20:01,399
You'll just say things that sound like riddles anyway.

259
00:20:01,500 --> 00:20:02,898
You never once answered my questions...

260
00:20:02,899 --> 00:20:04,740
or did me a favour.

261
00:20:04,969 --> 00:20:07,968
Oh, no. I guess you needed my help.

262
00:20:07,969 --> 00:20:10,310
If I did, so what?

263
00:20:10,510 --> 00:20:11,779
It's not like you'd help me.

264
00:20:11,780 --> 00:20:14,279
I'm not such a terrible person, you see.

265
00:20:14,280 --> 00:20:15,619
My goodness.

266
00:20:18,350 --> 00:20:20,449
Then please tell me when my dad's accident took place.

267
00:20:21,149 --> 00:20:23,388
You're still obsessed with the problems involving your parents.

268
00:20:23,389 --> 00:20:25,830
When and where did the accident take place? And why did it happen?

269
00:20:26,590 --> 00:20:29,699
Can't you stop obsessing over it and start enjoying your youth?

270
00:20:33,469 --> 00:20:35,230
Do not contact me again.

271
00:20:36,699 --> 00:20:37,770
I'm just going to...

272
00:20:38,040 --> 00:20:39,869
figure out what to do on my own.

273
00:20:40,409 --> 00:20:41,469
Too bad.

274
00:20:41,570 --> 00:20:43,708
Actually, I found and sent...

275
00:20:43,709 --> 00:20:46,050
the perfect helper for you.

276
00:20:46,280 --> 00:20:48,279
But you want to figure things out on your own,

277
00:20:48,280 --> 00:20:49,618
so you do that. Bye.

278
00:20:49,619 --> 00:20:51,619
No, hold on. Wait!

279
00:20:52,389 --> 00:20:54,550
"Helper?" Who's that?

280
00:20:54,750 --> 00:20:55,959
Go softer.

281
00:21:00,760 --> 00:21:02,230
Gradually increase the volume.

282
00:21:22,980 --> 00:21:25,590
For some strange reason, they seem to have good chemistry.

283
00:21:25,990 --> 00:21:27,850
They resemble each other in some peculiar ways.

284
00:21:29,159 --> 00:21:30,959
They say people look alike when they're in love.

285
00:21:45,540 --> 00:21:46,570
Se Gyeong.

286
00:21:47,469 --> 00:21:48,510
Choi Se Gyeong?

287
00:21:51,480 --> 00:21:52,510
Choi Se Gyeong.

288
00:21:53,449 --> 00:21:54,509
Yes?

289
00:21:54,510 --> 00:21:57,079
What were you thinking about? I called your name several times.

290
00:21:57,080 --> 00:21:58,148
Oh, I'm sorry.

291
00:21:58,149 --> 00:22:00,090
I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the time difference.

292
00:22:00,149 --> 00:22:02,790
Come on out and delight our ears. It's been too long.

293
00:22:03,119 --> 00:22:04,159
Sir.

294
00:22:04,459 --> 00:22:06,658
I was told to just observe the classes for the time being.

295
00:22:06,659 --> 00:22:07,989
That's why I didn't bring my cello.

296
00:22:07,990 --> 00:22:10,459
Guys, can one of you let her borrow your cello?

297
00:22:11,399 --> 00:22:12,469
Here.

298
00:22:53,609 --> 00:22:55,709
(Our Deepest Condolences)

299
00:22:58,540 --> 00:23:01,280
You must be devastated, but be mature about it and get over it.

300
00:23:01,409 --> 00:23:02,678
You don't want people to say you won...

301
00:23:02,679 --> 00:23:04,980
first place by default because of a friend who took her own life.

302
00:23:10,020 --> 00:23:12,020
Gosh, sir.

303
00:23:12,359 --> 00:23:14,389
Here. I'm sorry.

304
00:23:14,859 --> 00:23:17,429
I need to run to the restroom now.

305
00:23:17,899 --> 00:23:20,530
Gosh, I apologize. I'm sorry.

306
00:23:40,320 --> 00:23:41,719
Don't let your mind falter.

307
00:23:42,490 --> 00:23:43,520
But...

308
00:23:44,060 --> 00:23:46,129
remember these emotions you're feeling now...

309
00:23:47,590 --> 00:23:50,730
so you can think of them when you're playing sad music later on.

310
00:24:19,560 --> 00:24:20,560
What's she doing?

311
00:24:20,929 --> 00:24:21,990
I can't hear it.

312
00:24:22,459 --> 00:24:23,499
(The 47th Seokwang Music Competition)

313
00:24:23,500 --> 00:24:24,600
I hear no sound.

314
00:24:26,030 --> 00:24:27,869
I can't hear anything!

315
00:24:33,969 --> 00:24:35,070
Too bad.

316
00:24:35,209 --> 00:24:37,079
Actually, I found and sent...

317
00:24:37,080 --> 00:24:39,280
the perfect helper for you.

318
00:24:42,520 --> 00:24:43,580
"Helper?"

319
00:25:02,740 --> 00:25:03,770
Dad?

320
00:25:04,399 --> 00:25:05,500
What's going on?

321
00:25:11,709 --> 00:25:13,250
There's one condition.

322
00:25:16,919 --> 00:25:19,020
To receive help from your helper,

323
00:25:20,689 --> 00:25:24,060
you must help them first.

324
00:25:46,649 --> 00:25:52,520
Your silence

325
00:25:54,419 --> 00:25:59,129
Makes my lips dry

326
00:26:00,929 --> 00:26:05,869
The cold look in your eyes

327
00:26:10,270 --> 00:26:11,300
What should I do?

328
00:26:11,740 --> 00:26:12,810
What should I say?

329
00:26:14,169 --> 00:26:15,510
She'll be hurt if I reject her.

330
00:26:16,540 --> 00:26:18,010
But I should still be honest, right?

331
00:26:18,980 --> 00:26:21,280
I'm sorry, but there's someone I like...

332
00:26:25,820 --> 00:26:26,889
It's for me?

333
00:26:30,419 --> 00:26:31,790
Hey, wait. Chung Ah!

334
00:26:41,129 --> 00:26:44,540
I know you like Se Gyeong.

335
00:26:49,340 --> 00:26:50,439
It doesn't matter though,

336
00:26:51,040 --> 00:26:52,080
because...

337
00:26:54,980 --> 00:26:57,480
(You own your feelings, and I own mine.)

338
00:27:00,149 --> 00:27:01,949
You own your feelings,

339
00:27:05,260 --> 00:27:07,060
and I own mine.

340
00:27:19,340 --> 00:27:21,939
But we can still be friends.

341
00:27:25,609 --> 00:27:28,580
If you don't want to be my friend because of my disability...

342
00:27:28,750 --> 00:27:29,820
It's not that.

343
00:27:32,850 --> 00:27:34,388
Then you're a jerk.

344
00:27:34,389 --> 00:27:36,520
I'll just spit on you and walk away,

345
00:27:36,659 --> 00:27:37,889
so feel free to reject me.

346
00:27:44,359 --> 00:27:47,770
Can we be friends?

347
00:27:53,240 --> 00:28:00,780
As I was turning around

348
00:28:01,050 --> 00:28:07,750
Instead of telling me that you loved me

349
00:28:08,919 --> 00:28:10,820
You said, "Goodbye"

350
00:28:12,560 --> 00:28:14,359
Goodbye

351
00:28:16,959 --> 00:28:21,730
The one word that got me choked up

352
00:28:23,740 --> 00:28:29,280
Because our love

353
00:28:31,540 --> 00:28:37,179
Wasn't meant

354
00:28:38,280 --> 00:28:42,020
To last

355
00:29:03,609 --> 00:29:05,240
Hey, when did you improve so much?

356
00:29:05,609 --> 00:29:07,679
You must've been practicing really hard!

357
00:29:08,109 --> 00:29:10,049
My gosh. Let me check your calluses.

358
00:29:10,050 --> 00:29:12,618
Goodness. What took you so long?

359
00:29:12,619 --> 00:29:13,948
I told you to come at the speed of light.

360
00:29:13,949 --> 00:29:15,349
Right, you said it was urgent.

361
00:29:15,350 --> 00:29:16,519
Why? What happened?

362
00:29:16,520 --> 00:29:17,790
Are you hurt?

363
00:29:17,959 --> 00:29:19,059
Did you get into another fight?

364
00:29:19,060 --> 00:29:20,489
We have to share the results of the skills test...

365
00:29:20,490 --> 00:29:22,429
and make our decision!

366
00:29:22,560 --> 00:29:25,358
Hey! You got me so worried because you said it was an emergency.

367
00:29:25,359 --> 00:29:26,799
I nearly had a heart attack.

368
00:29:26,800 --> 00:29:28,069
Choose your words mindfully.

369
00:29:28,070 --> 00:29:29,240
It is an emergency!

370
00:29:29,399 --> 00:29:31,600
The festival is right around the corner. Anyway, forget it.

371
00:29:32,139 --> 00:29:35,340
So? How did the test go? I have no doubt that she passed.

372
00:29:36,179 --> 00:29:38,009
You got to see firsthand...

373
00:29:38,010 --> 00:29:40,050
how talented Se Gyeong really is.

374
00:29:50,159 --> 00:29:51,189
I did get to see her...

375
00:29:52,189 --> 00:29:53,260
up close.

376
00:29:54,530 --> 00:29:55,530
She looked pretty.

377
00:29:56,359 --> 00:29:57,359
What?

378
00:29:57,730 --> 00:29:59,059
You little...

379
00:29:59,060 --> 00:30:00,628
No, it came out wrong. The photos she took!

380
00:30:00,629 --> 00:30:02,840
I meant to say the photos she took were pretty.

381
00:30:03,300 --> 00:30:04,939
What about you?

382
00:30:05,300 --> 00:30:07,040
You saw Chung Ah's drawings, right?

383
00:30:19,080 --> 00:30:20,149
Oh...

384
00:30:25,820 --> 00:30:26,889
She's pretty good.

385
00:30:28,590 --> 00:30:29,760
I guess you do...

386
00:30:30,929 --> 00:30:32,260
respect the frontman after all.

387
00:30:33,730 --> 00:30:34,770
So can she work with us?

388
00:30:36,070 --> 00:30:39,438
Well, what do you say? Can Se Gyeong work with us?

389
00:30:39,439 --> 00:30:40,809
If Chung Ah can work with us...

390
00:30:40,810 --> 00:30:42,209
Yes, for sure.

391
00:30:44,679 --> 00:30:47,149
Nothing personal though. It's strictly business.

392
00:30:47,850 --> 00:30:49,719
The deal's sealed. Don't go back on your word later.

393
00:30:52,080 --> 00:30:53,819
All right, look here.

394
00:30:53,820 --> 00:30:56,388
One, two, three. Snap!

395
00:30:56,389 --> 00:30:57,459
You little...

396
00:30:57,619 --> 00:31:01,428
My. What is this, the KOREA-US summit?

397
00:31:01,429 --> 00:31:04,928
My gosh. I feel like a peaceful reunification is around the corner.

398
00:31:04,929 --> 00:31:08,029
Goodness. We don't have time to be chatting away like this.

399
00:31:08,030 --> 00:31:10,300
Oh, you're right. Let's get going. We'll be late.

400
00:31:10,699 --> 00:31:11,740
Where are we going?

401
00:31:12,300 --> 00:31:13,709
- All right. - Goodness.

402
00:31:13,909 --> 00:31:15,169
Someone wants to see us.

403
00:31:15,770 --> 00:31:16,780
Who?

404
00:31:17,980 --> 00:31:19,709
The almighty landlord.

405
00:31:20,209 --> 00:31:24,580
The kind helper who is letting us use this practice room.

406
00:31:26,490 --> 00:31:27,520
"Helper?"

407
00:31:27,949 --> 00:31:29,859
(White Night)

408
00:31:30,590 --> 00:31:32,119
Finally, we're here.

409
00:31:32,929 --> 00:31:34,789
What? This place is...

410
00:31:34,790 --> 00:31:36,499
Hey, why are you standing there?

411
00:31:36,500 --> 00:31:37,760
Sorry, I'm coming.

412
00:31:38,030 --> 00:31:39,060
Hurry!

413
00:31:42,770 --> 00:31:44,539
Sir, we're here!

414
00:31:44,540 --> 00:31:46,339
- It's good to see you guys. - Hello.

415
00:31:46,340 --> 00:31:48,469
- Yes, hi. - Hello!

416
00:31:49,139 --> 00:31:50,840
- Oh. - My gosh.

417
00:31:51,139 --> 00:31:53,979
It's you, right? The boy who came to buy a guitar for his dad.

418
00:31:53,980 --> 00:31:57,050
My gosh. I was wondering, but you actually own this building?

419
00:31:58,149 --> 00:31:59,749
Anyway, why didn't you come back?

420
00:31:59,750 --> 00:32:01,889
I had found a nice guitar for you.

421
00:32:02,090 --> 00:32:06,459
Oh, I had a complicated situation.

422
00:32:06,590 --> 00:32:09,060
Why? You couldn't reconcile with your dad?

423
00:32:09,500 --> 00:32:11,199
He doesn't want to start a band with you anymore?

424
00:32:11,459 --> 00:32:12,659
How did you know?

425
00:32:16,300 --> 00:32:17,399
You have a dad?

426
00:32:19,770 --> 00:32:21,869
Yes, I do.

427
00:32:24,040 --> 00:32:25,409
But he's very immature.

428
00:32:25,840 --> 00:32:27,909
My gosh. How rude.

429
00:32:28,909 --> 00:32:30,879
I bet you rebelled against him and ran away from home.

430
00:32:31,350 --> 00:32:34,049
Go home and behave yourself, you idiot.

431
00:32:34,050 --> 00:32:36,918
If you want to rebel, do it while eating home-cooked meals.

432
00:32:36,919 --> 00:32:39,629
Even if you want to fight, at least make sure you sleep in a warm room.

433
00:32:39,830 --> 00:32:41,659
Do it at home, okay?

434
00:32:42,560 --> 00:32:43,560
Don't you worry.

435
00:32:43,659 --> 00:32:45,300
I'll go back as soon as my job here is done.

436
00:32:46,730 --> 00:32:48,229
I'm doing my best.

437
00:32:48,230 --> 00:32:50,868
Yes, keep trying your best and be a good son.

438
00:32:50,869 --> 00:32:52,869
Sir, why did you call us here today?

439
00:32:53,469 --> 00:32:55,339
I can order more food for you guys, so eat up.

440
00:32:55,340 --> 00:32:56,780
- Thank you! - Thank you!

441
00:33:00,179 --> 00:33:03,049
Hyun Yul, do you still fight with Jindo dogs?

442
00:33:03,050 --> 00:33:04,379
No way.

443
00:33:04,580 --> 00:33:06,648
These days, you can get arrested for touching the Natural Treasures.

444
00:33:06,649 --> 00:33:07,689
My goodness.

445
00:33:08,649 --> 00:33:10,919
Sir, how do you and Hyun Yul know each other?

446
00:33:11,060 --> 00:33:13,729
I think Hyun Yul and I met when he was...

447
00:33:13,730 --> 00:33:14,889
in the Hongdae indie scene.

448
00:33:15,760 --> 00:33:16,760
Yes.

449
00:33:17,129 --> 00:33:19,629
He taught the leader of my band.

450
00:33:20,600 --> 00:33:22,770
Really? What did he teach him?

451
00:33:23,040 --> 00:33:24,040
Guitar.

452
00:33:24,340 --> 00:33:27,009
Oh, I should've properly introduced him sooner.

453
00:33:27,010 --> 00:33:29,009
In his prime,

454
00:33:29,010 --> 00:33:30,878
he took the entire indie band scene by storm...

455
00:33:30,879 --> 00:33:32,739
with his guitar alone.

456
00:33:32,740 --> 00:33:34,079
He's like a legend.

457
00:33:34,080 --> 00:33:36,080
- Oh, my! - My gosh!

458
00:33:36,179 --> 00:33:37,349
That's so cool.

459
00:33:37,350 --> 00:33:40,049
A legend? No. It's all in the past.

460
00:33:40,050 --> 00:33:41,119
Come on.

461
00:33:41,250 --> 00:33:43,590
Oh, sir. This guy here is a good guitarist.

462
00:33:44,419 --> 00:33:46,989
When I heard him play the guitar for the first time, I was shocked...

463
00:33:46,990 --> 00:33:48,629
because it sounded similar to his style.

464
00:33:48,790 --> 00:33:49,830
Really?

465
00:33:50,030 --> 00:33:51,628
Can I hear it sometime?

466
00:33:51,629 --> 00:33:54,429
Gosh, Hyun Yul was just exaggerating.

467
00:33:55,030 --> 00:33:58,040
I'd love to hear you play the guitar, sir.

468
00:33:59,240 --> 00:34:01,368
These days, all I can do is sand the guitars.

469
00:34:01,369 --> 00:34:03,709
My fingers aren't flexible anymore, so I can no longer play.

470
00:34:04,439 --> 00:34:06,980
Could he be the "helper" Master was talking about?

471
00:34:07,679 --> 00:34:10,619
If he is, what can he help me with?

472
00:34:11,520 --> 00:34:14,219
The practice room? Musical advice?

473
00:34:14,889 --> 00:34:16,960
But that's not the kind of help I want.

474
00:34:17,759 --> 00:34:21,029
Anyway, he should be here soon.

475
00:34:22,259 --> 00:34:23,330
Is someone else joining us?

476
00:34:23,529 --> 00:34:26,060
I want to introduce you to someone.

477
00:34:26,969 --> 00:34:29,229
Meet him, and he'll help you guys out...

478
00:34:29,230 --> 00:34:31,440
for many years to come. Consider him a helper.

479
00:34:31,600 --> 00:34:32,639
"Helper?"

480
00:34:51,589 --> 00:34:52,989
Who is the helper?

481
00:34:53,389 --> 00:34:54,759
You must've heard of him.

482
00:34:55,029 --> 00:34:57,659
The genius guitarist of the century from Chuncheon.

483
00:34:58,429 --> 00:35:02,330
Yoon Dong Jin.

484
00:35:06,100 --> 00:35:07,569
Come on in, Dong Jin.

485
00:35:08,369 --> 00:35:11,080
It's been a while.

486
00:35:11,540 --> 00:35:13,109
It's good to see you here.

487
00:35:13,110 --> 00:35:15,249
- Hello. - Hello.

488
00:35:15,250 --> 00:35:17,278
- Come here. - Take a seat.

489
00:35:17,279 --> 00:35:18,979
- You can sit here. - You can sit here.

490
00:35:18,980 --> 00:35:20,650
Bring a glass for him.

491
00:35:21,219 --> 00:35:23,859
- Have you eaten? - Yes, I have. Look at the time.

492
00:35:23,860 --> 00:35:25,619
- Just give me a glass of beer. - All right.

493
00:35:29,029 --> 00:35:30,299
Your jaw might drop.

494
00:35:31,830 --> 00:35:34,899
Sit down. I have a turtle neck syndrome. It's hard to look up.

495
00:35:34,900 --> 00:35:37,069
Sit down. He said he had a turtle neck syndrome.

496
00:35:38,400 --> 00:35:40,009
That's cute.

497
00:35:46,009 --> 00:35:48,449
So you're a school band?

498
00:35:48,679 --> 00:35:49,778
- Yes. - Yes.

499
00:35:49,779 --> 00:35:50,948
Who is the frontman?

500
00:35:50,949 --> 00:35:52,049
- It's him. - It's him.

501
00:36:00,130 --> 00:36:01,560
Go.

502
00:36:05,000 --> 00:36:06,029
Hey.

503
00:36:11,469 --> 00:36:13,369
What was it? Why was Dong Jin there?

504
00:36:14,009 --> 00:36:16,210
What was it? Is Dong Jin the helper?

505
00:36:16,980 --> 00:36:20,080
What was it? Did we run away when the legend showed himself?

506
00:36:20,850 --> 00:36:22,150
It's your fault.

507
00:36:22,380 --> 00:36:24,048
If you hadn't lied that day,

508
00:36:24,049 --> 00:36:26,218
they would've not thought that we were tricksters.

509
00:36:26,219 --> 00:36:29,719
Wait. We can't get out of it just by hiding.

510
00:36:32,360 --> 00:36:33,529
Oh, gosh.

511
00:36:34,429 --> 00:36:35,560
Did you hear that?

512
00:36:35,659 --> 00:36:38,730
He said he would've taken a bath if he had known beforehand.

513
00:36:38,960 --> 00:36:41,069
You're loving it.

514
00:36:41,199 --> 00:36:43,239
- Can I hold your hand once? - Sure.

515
00:36:43,699 --> 00:36:46,638
You were like a dragon in a legend,

516
00:36:46,639 --> 00:36:48,739
a unicorn in my imagination.

517
00:36:49,069 --> 00:36:52,179
Thank you so much for paying a visit.

518
00:36:53,650 --> 00:36:55,710
I want to be your orb.

519
00:36:56,049 --> 00:36:58,219
Bite me when you're bored.

520
00:36:59,119 --> 00:37:00,548
I want to be your horn.

521
00:37:00,549 --> 00:37:01,949
Please touch me once.

522
00:37:02,150 --> 00:37:03,860
All right.

523
00:37:04,259 --> 00:37:06,658
Keep going with the band.

524
00:37:06,659 --> 00:37:09,730
You can contact me whenever you need musical advice.

525
00:37:10,029 --> 00:37:12,630
Dong Jin, with that being said,

526
00:37:13,969 --> 00:37:17,540
can you perform at our school festival and kill it?

527
00:37:18,239 --> 00:37:19,299
Just once.

528
00:37:20,469 --> 00:37:23,139
Well... Just keep it to yourself.

529
00:37:24,310 --> 00:37:25,509
I...

530
00:37:25,940 --> 00:37:28,749
"High school students," "a band," "festival."

531
00:37:28,750 --> 00:37:30,949
I hate the combination of the three.

532
00:37:31,750 --> 00:37:33,889
- Why? - Some high school band boys...

533
00:37:34,350 --> 00:37:36,420
conned him recently.

534
00:37:37,819 --> 00:37:39,830
What kind of punks swindle you?

535
00:37:39,929 --> 00:37:41,028
What do they look like?

536
00:37:41,029 --> 00:37:42,929
I'm going to find them and crush their faces.

537
00:37:42,989 --> 00:37:44,198
Mr. Kang Hyun Yul.

538
00:37:44,199 --> 00:37:46,129
Yes? That's me.

539
00:37:46,130 --> 00:37:47,330
Pick up the phone. It's for you.

540
00:37:47,900 --> 00:37:48,929
Who is it?

541
00:37:49,270 --> 00:37:52,199
Please excuse me for a moment.

542
00:37:56,839 --> 00:37:57,880
Hyun Yul?

543
00:37:59,810 --> 00:38:01,610
Listen up to what I say from now on.

544
00:38:02,049 --> 00:38:05,718
Don't ever let Dong Jin find out who we are. Never.

545
00:38:05,719 --> 00:38:08,250
You must be out of your mind.

546
00:38:08,420 --> 00:38:11,060
You should do anything to charm him right now. What are you talking...

547
00:38:15,690 --> 00:38:18,360
So what's the name of your school again?

548
00:38:18,759 --> 00:38:19,869
It's Baekwang High School.

549
00:38:22,000 --> 00:38:24,699
Baekwang High School?

550
00:38:27,369 --> 00:38:29,369
What's the name of your band?

551
00:38:29,670 --> 00:38:31,609
We're First Lo...

552
00:38:31,610 --> 00:38:34,079
We're First Luck.

553
00:38:34,080 --> 00:38:35,610
- Yes. - First Luck?

554
00:38:35,779 --> 00:38:37,849
Luck for good luck?

555
00:38:37,850 --> 00:38:40,190
- It's not... - That's what it is.

556
00:38:40,619 --> 00:38:43,389
Luck is important when you start for the first time.

557
00:38:44,389 --> 00:38:46,730
Dong Jin. I'm so sorry.

558
00:38:47,190 --> 00:38:49,190
Something urgent came up.

559
00:38:49,830 --> 00:38:51,099
So we should go.

560
00:38:51,100 --> 00:38:52,258
I'm sorry.

561
00:38:52,259 --> 00:38:53,630
- Dong Jin. - I said to get out.

562
00:38:54,630 --> 00:38:56,969
- Hey. - Okay. I got it.

563
00:38:57,799 --> 00:39:00,369
You conned him.

564
00:39:08,610 --> 00:39:09,948
I should've known better when the name of the band...

565
00:39:09,949 --> 00:39:11,549
was First Love Memory Manipulators.

566
00:39:13,020 --> 00:39:15,119
I could've become a dragon's orb.

567
00:39:16,420 --> 00:39:18,489
I could've become a unicorn's horn.

568
00:39:18,960 --> 00:39:20,730
- It's over for us now. - It's over for us now.

569
00:39:21,560 --> 00:39:24,499
Well, things happened. Let's just change the name of the band.

570
00:39:24,500 --> 00:39:25,630
- Gosh. - My goodness.

571
00:39:28,600 --> 00:39:29,969
They say a crisis is an opportunity.

572
00:39:30,469 --> 00:39:33,568
Let's start anew in the new space with the new name.

573
00:39:33,569 --> 00:39:35,440
For goodness' sake.

574
00:39:35,670 --> 00:39:36,779
It's too late.

575
00:39:37,009 --> 00:39:39,909
We already signed up for the festival as The Manipulators.

576
00:39:40,610 --> 00:39:42,149
I believe in your negotiation skills.

577
00:39:42,150 --> 00:39:44,079
What about the T-shirts we made already?

578
00:39:44,080 --> 00:39:45,178
We can start over.

579
00:39:45,179 --> 00:39:47,448
What about the posters and pamphlets with "The Manipulators" on them?

580
00:39:47,449 --> 00:39:48,749
We can make them again too.

581
00:39:48,750 --> 00:39:50,889
We don't have time.

582
00:39:51,089 --> 00:39:53,690
When will we design and make them?

583
00:39:54,089 --> 00:39:55,859
Moreover, it's an exam period for Bal San.

584
00:39:55,860 --> 00:39:57,159
So we can't even ask him for a new design.

585
00:40:02,000 --> 00:40:03,069
We have a capable designer...

586
00:40:03,969 --> 00:40:05,839
called Yoon Chung Ah.

587
00:40:09,770 --> 00:40:11,880
We also have a talented photographer called Choi Se Gyeong.

588
00:40:12,239 --> 00:40:14,480
What about money? Are you going to steal from someone?

589
00:40:14,610 --> 00:40:17,278
I received the tutoring fee in advance.

590
00:40:17,279 --> 00:40:19,989
Did you see that? If you push the wall, it becomes a bridge.

591
00:40:20,219 --> 00:40:21,920
If you fall somewhere, there will be a hidden treasure.

592
00:40:22,250 --> 00:40:24,020
That's what my grandma always said.

593
00:40:26,659 --> 00:40:28,960
Gosh, you have amazing resilience.

594
00:40:29,730 --> 00:40:31,330
So what's the name of the band?

595
00:40:32,460 --> 00:40:35,299
Let us each think of one before the next practice session.

596
00:40:35,469 --> 00:40:37,869
But we should think it through...

597
00:40:38,739 --> 00:40:39,939
and decide by majority vote.

598
00:40:39,940 --> 00:40:42,210
I don't know. Okay. Let's do it.

599
00:40:44,380 --> 00:40:47,480
So who is going to tell the designer and the photographer?

600
00:40:49,150 --> 00:40:52,420
Eun Gyeol can talk to Chung Ah as they're living together.

601
00:40:53,489 --> 00:40:55,019
- As for Se Gyeong... - Rock-paper-scissors.

602
00:40:55,020 --> 00:40:57,218
- Rock-paper-scissors. - Rock-paper-scissors.

603
00:40:57,219 --> 00:40:58,989
Yes!

604
00:41:06,799 --> 00:41:08,330
(Alprazolam)

605
00:41:53,679 --> 00:41:55,080
Why are you here at this hour?

606
00:41:57,350 --> 00:41:59,779
I just have something to tell you. So don't say it's a foul.

607
00:42:01,290 --> 00:42:02,649
- Say it. - First,

608
00:42:02,650 --> 00:42:04,419
you became the photographer for our band. Congratulations.

609
00:42:04,420 --> 00:42:06,419
Second, the name of our band will change. Just know that.

610
00:42:06,420 --> 00:42:07,888
Third, we're going to discuss the theme in the practice room...

611
00:42:07,889 --> 00:42:08,889
this Saturday.

612
00:42:08,890 --> 00:42:10,429
Don't forget and don't be late. I'm done. Bye.

613
00:42:15,630 --> 00:42:16,799
Are you sick?

614
00:42:18,199 --> 00:42:19,270
You look...

615
00:42:21,069 --> 00:42:22,170
pale.

616
00:42:23,679 --> 00:42:26,810
I'm not pale. I'm just fair.

617
00:42:27,650 --> 00:42:28,949
You're narcissistic. Bye.

618
00:42:30,219 --> 00:42:31,279
Hey.

619
00:42:35,690 --> 00:42:37,060
Can you spare me a moment?

620
00:42:38,790 --> 00:42:40,060
Did he...

621
00:42:40,460 --> 00:42:43,529
practice rock-paper-scissors all the time?

622
00:42:44,000 --> 00:42:45,759
He's good at everything.

623
00:42:47,330 --> 00:42:48,369
Darn it.

624
00:42:49,699 --> 00:42:51,199
(The Day)

625
00:42:53,100 --> 00:42:54,440
(The Day)

626
00:42:57,139 --> 00:42:59,509
But we can still be friends.

627
00:43:04,179 --> 00:43:08,290
(The Day)

628
00:43:10,319 --> 00:43:11,988
- Hello. - Oh, you came.

629
00:43:11,989 --> 00:43:13,318
- Yes. - The new issue...

630
00:43:13,319 --> 00:43:14,389
of "Slam Dunk" isn't here yet.

631
00:43:14,730 --> 00:43:15,960
I'm not here for that.

632
00:43:16,389 --> 00:43:18,400
Do you have any books on sign language?

633
00:43:18,529 --> 00:43:19,560
Sign language?

634
00:43:20,270 --> 00:43:21,829
Over there. Check the shelves toward the end.

635
00:43:21,830 --> 00:43:23,400
You might find a few books there.

636
00:43:23,969 --> 00:43:24,969
I'll go and check.

637
00:43:26,069 --> 00:43:27,339
Is sign language trending these days?

638
00:43:50,159 --> 00:43:51,600
Where are we going?

639
00:43:54,730 --> 00:43:55,869
Where are we going?

640
00:43:56,369 --> 00:43:57,540
(Namdaemun Liquor Store)

641
00:44:00,639 --> 00:44:02,709
Hey, I get that life is tough.

642
00:44:02,710 --> 00:44:04,080
But you shouldn't drink alcohol or smoke.

643
00:44:04,179 --> 00:44:05,309
What are you talking about?

644
00:44:05,310 --> 00:44:06,440
I'm here to exchange foreign currency.

645
00:44:06,880 --> 00:44:08,880
- Exchange what? - Come with me.

646
00:44:09,750 --> 00:44:10,750
Hey.

647
00:44:16,350 --> 00:44:19,489
Come on. It's not counterfeit.

648
00:44:19,560 --> 00:44:22,289
If you give me a good rate, I'll only come to your store.

649
00:44:22,290 --> 00:44:24,529
I have a lot of dollars at home.

650
00:44:26,560 --> 00:44:28,069
I'm giving you a good rate because you're pretty.

651
00:44:28,270 --> 00:44:29,330
Thank you.

652
00:44:29,929 --> 00:44:30,940
(Ten-dollar bill)

653
00:44:39,009 --> 00:44:40,750
Queen of Cello, my foot.

654
00:44:40,949 --> 00:44:42,810
You're a pro at this.

655
00:44:43,150 --> 00:44:45,178
Why did you bring me here?

656
00:44:45,179 --> 00:44:46,919
For the minimum safety measure.

657
00:44:46,920 --> 00:44:48,049
Not as your sidekick?

658
00:44:48,449 --> 00:44:49,818
If a young girl walks around streets like this alone...

659
00:44:49,819 --> 00:44:51,318
with wads of money,

660
00:44:51,319 --> 00:44:53,460
as a worst-case scenario, 1 of these 2 things usually happens.

661
00:44:53,560 --> 00:44:55,759
She either gets conned or ends up in danger.

662
00:44:56,529 --> 00:44:58,859
It was a misjudgement on my part to use a guy who can't even curse...

663
00:44:58,860 --> 00:45:00,400
as my bodyguard, though.

664
00:45:00,969 --> 00:45:02,400
What a nice way to thank me...

665
00:45:02,699 --> 00:45:04,400
when I came all the way here for you.

666
00:45:05,100 --> 00:45:07,638
"Hey, I get that life is tough."

667
00:45:07,639 --> 00:45:09,040
"But you shouldn't drink alcohol or smoke."

668
00:45:10,040 --> 00:45:11,309
Are you a boomer?

669
00:45:11,310 --> 00:45:13,379
Besides, when the lady was giving me a bad rate,

670
00:45:13,380 --> 00:45:15,049
you just stood there and said, "Okay."

671
00:45:15,480 --> 00:45:16,549
Are you an idiot?

672
00:45:18,250 --> 00:45:20,520
- I'll learn how to curse. - Forget it.

673
00:45:20,690 --> 00:45:22,889
Now that I found my go-to lady, I can come here alone next time.

674
00:45:23,319 --> 00:45:24,618
You'll come back here?

675
00:45:24,619 --> 00:45:26,289
I told you. I have a lot of dollars at home.

676
00:45:26,290 --> 00:45:28,028
Where did you get that much cash?

677
00:45:28,029 --> 00:45:30,559
I sold my cello because I'd rather die than play it.

678
00:45:30,560 --> 00:45:32,299
- You too? - "You too?"

679
00:45:33,159 --> 00:45:34,368
What did you sell?

680
00:45:34,369 --> 00:45:36,229
A guitar. Where did you sell it to?

681
00:45:36,230 --> 00:45:38,299
- At a musical instrument store. - This can't be.

682
00:45:39,100 --> 00:45:40,440
Is she my helper?

683
00:45:40,869 --> 00:45:42,139
Where was the store?

684
00:45:42,339 --> 00:45:43,609
Was it in front of Hongdae?

685
00:45:43,610 --> 00:45:45,979
No. I sold it in the US.

686
00:45:45,980 --> 00:45:47,809
The store handled classical instruments.

687
00:45:47,810 --> 00:45:49,080
I see.

688
00:45:49,580 --> 00:45:52,049
You should go now. Thanks for coming here with me,

689
00:45:52,179 --> 00:45:53,949
although you weren't much of a help.

690
00:45:54,290 --> 00:45:55,690
Hey, where are you going? You should go home.

691
00:45:56,250 --> 00:45:58,290
Gosh, where are you going?

692
00:45:59,290 --> 00:46:01,259
When I sold the cello, the owner told me...

693
00:46:01,360 --> 00:46:03,960
to go on a trip at least before I died.

694
00:46:04,500 --> 00:46:06,259
It wasn't a bad idea.

695
00:46:06,600 --> 00:46:08,799
There was a place I wanted to go alone.

696
00:46:09,029 --> 00:46:10,670
Happy now? Bye.

697
00:46:15,710 --> 00:46:17,279
(Noodles)

698
00:46:21,179 --> 00:46:22,210
All right.

699
00:46:40,100 --> 00:46:43,400
What do you think about this drawing for your band T-shirts?

700
00:46:44,469 --> 00:46:47,310
Gosh. You've been thinking about our shirts.

701
00:46:49,440 --> 00:46:51,980
You want to put this drawing on our T-shirts?

702
00:46:58,319 --> 00:46:59,779
It's a painting by Frida Kahlo.

703
00:47:00,319 --> 00:47:01,920
She's my favourite painter.

704
00:47:04,759 --> 00:47:05,819
I see.

705
00:47:07,159 --> 00:47:09,860
Why do you like her?

706
00:47:12,060 --> 00:47:13,060
She's strong.

707
00:47:14,069 --> 00:47:15,130
What?

708
00:47:18,040 --> 00:47:19,798
She was beautiful when facing pain.

709
00:47:19,799 --> 00:47:21,409
She was strong to the end.

710
00:47:22,170 --> 00:47:24,709
Life tortured her endlessly.

711
00:47:24,710 --> 00:47:27,150
But she showed life what she was made of with this painting.

712
00:47:33,819 --> 00:47:36,020
With this watermelon painting? How?

713
00:47:40,560 --> 00:47:43,389
Try to find out yourself. It's hidden in the painting.

714
00:47:46,730 --> 00:47:47,770
In the painting?

715
00:48:01,380 --> 00:48:03,449
What could it be?

716
00:48:06,650 --> 00:48:07,690
I see.

717
00:48:09,319 --> 00:48:12,520
"Viva la Vida."

718
00:48:15,830 --> 00:48:16,929
What does this mean?

719
00:48:18,759 --> 00:48:21,069
"Long live life."

720
00:48:38,549 --> 00:48:39,650
The other way around?

721
00:48:42,619 --> 00:48:44,159
I see. Like this? Sorry.

722
00:48:47,929 --> 00:48:49,889
After many years had passed,

723
00:48:50,400 --> 00:48:51,699
my father told me this one day.

724
00:48:52,600 --> 00:48:54,569
Thanks to the saying he learned from Mom,

725
00:48:54,730 --> 00:48:56,699
he was able to endure the hardships of his life.

726
00:48:58,440 --> 00:49:01,110
In happy or painful moments,

727
00:49:01,770 --> 00:49:04,239
he remembered that saying as if it were a song.

728
00:49:22,659 --> 00:49:24,460
The place you wanted to come alone...

729
00:49:24,600 --> 00:49:25,900
was this double feature theatre?

730
00:49:27,029 --> 00:49:28,730
No. Not really.

731
00:49:29,469 --> 00:49:31,440
There aren't any theatres like this where I'm from.

732
00:49:31,770 --> 00:49:32,839
I was just curious.

733
00:49:35,639 --> 00:49:36,969
Stop thinking about that.

734
00:49:37,810 --> 00:49:38,909
About what?

735
00:49:39,940 --> 00:49:41,080
About dying.

736
00:49:47,319 --> 00:49:49,020
Did you really come back to Korea to die?

737
00:50:01,369 --> 00:50:02,469
But you won't die.

738
00:50:03,199 --> 00:50:05,569
You'll be happy with a daughter who's as rebellious as you.

739
00:50:05,900 --> 00:50:08,839
You will age beautifully, gracefully, and elegantly.

740
00:50:09,339 --> 00:50:10,409
On top of that,

741
00:50:11,279 --> 00:50:13,339
you will change the fate of a boy.

742
00:50:14,449 --> 00:50:16,009
How do you know that?

743
00:50:16,380 --> 00:50:18,179
I saw that in the future.

744
00:50:24,190 --> 00:50:25,719
Everyone just goes on with their lives...

745
00:50:26,460 --> 00:50:29,730
while giving meaning to their lives or trying to find meaning.

746
00:50:30,259 --> 00:50:32,199
They do their best to rationalize their lives.

747
00:50:34,500 --> 00:50:36,670
You don't have to try so hard to be impressive.

748
00:50:38,069 --> 00:50:40,810
Continuing to live is already a great feat.

749
00:50:43,839 --> 00:50:45,080
But who knows?

750
00:50:46,279 --> 00:50:47,750
Besides, aren't you a little curious...

751
00:50:48,480 --> 00:50:52,020
about the kind of luck that will come your way in the future...

752
00:50:52,750 --> 00:50:54,650
and how your story will go?

753
00:50:57,489 --> 00:50:58,520
On that note,

754
00:51:01,389 --> 00:51:03,029
you should live until the festival.

755
00:51:05,029 --> 00:51:06,630
Why until the festival?

756
00:51:06,799 --> 00:51:07,830
Because...

757
00:51:09,230 --> 00:51:11,270
I'm going to be really cool at the festival.

758
00:51:13,440 --> 00:51:15,770
Gosh. You're ridiculous.

759
00:51:15,869 --> 00:51:17,610
You're really not shy about tooting your own horn.

760
00:51:24,850 --> 00:51:26,749
He said it out of gratitude when he was happy.

761
00:51:26,750 --> 00:51:28,819
But it became a swear word when he was suffering.

762
00:51:48,440 --> 00:51:50,040
At times, it was like thanking the deity.

763
00:51:57,520 --> 00:51:58,750
I got a fax machine.

764
00:52:12,500 --> 00:52:14,429
At times, it was like chanting a spell to lift a curse.

765
00:52:16,529 --> 00:52:18,469
Viva la Vida!

766
00:52:18,670 --> 00:52:20,069
Let's talk often now.

767
00:52:29,449 --> 00:52:32,650
My father told me with a smile that that's what he said to the world.

768
00:52:34,520 --> 00:52:37,360
"Viva la Vida." Long live life.

769
00:52:40,290 --> 00:52:41,330
- Watermelon? - Watermelon?

770
00:52:42,060 --> 00:52:43,528
Hey, are you talking about the green fruit...

771
00:52:43,529 --> 00:52:45,000
with red flesh inside?

772
00:52:45,259 --> 00:52:47,868
- Yes. - No way. You're joking, right?

773
00:52:47,869 --> 00:52:49,529
Never. I'm being serious.

774
00:52:49,600 --> 00:52:50,969
Have you gone mad?

775
00:52:51,100 --> 00:52:53,539
Hey, you want to name our band Watermelon?

776
00:52:53,540 --> 00:52:55,008
All right. Listen up.

777
00:52:55,009 --> 00:52:56,609
Her name is Frida Kahlo.

778
00:52:56,610 --> 00:52:59,778
She was a Mexican painter with a unibrow.

779
00:52:59,779 --> 00:53:02,109
For her last painting, she painted watermelons.

780
00:53:02,110 --> 00:53:05,049
There's a really cool saying on her painting.

781
00:53:05,250 --> 00:53:06,449
Do you know what it is?

782
00:53:06,750 --> 00:53:08,149
"Viva la Vida!"

783
00:53:08,150 --> 00:53:10,118
- Long live life. - Long live life.

784
00:53:10,119 --> 00:53:12,020
Hey, how did you know?

785
00:53:12,819 --> 00:53:15,629
- I'm totally on board with this. - Hey.

786
00:53:15,630 --> 00:53:17,859
- You're on board. Nice. - I'm on board.

787
00:53:17,860 --> 00:53:20,928
Hey, we can go with Viva or La Vida then.

788
00:53:20,929 --> 00:53:22,569
You have to be super lame...

789
00:53:22,969 --> 00:53:24,569
to like a name, Watermelon.

790
00:53:24,839 --> 00:53:26,869
Hey, let's go with our old name then.

791
00:53:27,040 --> 00:53:28,610
I like Watermelon.

792
00:53:29,069 --> 00:53:30,069
Listen.

793
00:53:31,080 --> 00:53:32,080
"Sweetie,"

794
00:53:32,710 --> 00:53:34,448
"why is your band named Watermelon?"

795
00:53:34,449 --> 00:53:35,850
"Well, you see,"

796
00:53:36,409 --> 00:53:39,449
"there was a painter named Frida Kahlo a long time ago."

797
00:53:40,080 --> 00:53:42,619
"She said, 'Long live life.'"

798
00:53:43,889 --> 00:53:45,258
Hey, doesn't it sound really cool?

799
00:53:45,259 --> 00:53:46,589
- That's what I'm talking about. - Right?

800
00:53:47,259 --> 00:53:48,960
What do you say? Should we go with it?

801
00:53:49,360 --> 00:53:50,658
- Go! - Go!

802
00:53:50,659 --> 00:53:51,659
Yes!

803
00:53:52,199 --> 00:53:53,230
What about you guys?

804
00:53:55,330 --> 00:53:56,369
Then let's use an English word...

805
00:53:57,029 --> 00:53:58,540
to keep the last ounce of my pride.

806
00:53:59,270 --> 00:54:00,270
I'm embarrassed...

807
00:54:01,440 --> 00:54:03,009
to call our band Watermelon.

808
00:54:04,009 --> 00:54:07,139
"Watermelon?" Hey, that sounds nice.

809
00:54:07,949 --> 00:54:08,949
Are you in?

810
00:54:09,210 --> 00:54:10,879
Sprinkle a lot of sugar then.

811
00:54:10,880 --> 00:54:12,119
So a lot of girls like our band.

812
00:54:14,350 --> 00:54:15,420
Watermelon Sugar?

813
00:54:16,449 --> 00:54:18,560
I like it! Should we go with it?

814
00:54:18,960 --> 00:54:20,020
- Go. - Go.

815
00:54:20,460 --> 00:54:23,560
Come on. I can barely hear you guys.

816
00:54:24,199 --> 00:54:25,400
Should we go with it?

817
00:54:26,730 --> 00:54:30,699
- Go! - Go!

818
00:54:40,080 --> 00:54:41,150
- Hey! - Hey!

819
00:54:43,549 --> 00:54:44,580
- Hey! - Hey!

820
00:54:47,080 --> 00:54:48,089
- Hey! - Hey!

821
00:54:50,619 --> 00:54:51,690
- Hey! - Hey!

822
00:54:52,520 --> 00:54:54,859
What? No way

823
00:54:54,860 --> 00:54:57,159
Is the sun already up?

824
00:54:59,460 --> 00:55:04,299
It's bright outside the window now

825
00:55:06,869 --> 00:55:11,839
There's a spring in my step this morning

826
00:55:13,710 --> 00:55:18,219
As everyone hums

827
00:55:21,119 --> 00:55:24,959
- They're waiting for the sunny day - They're waiting for the sunny day

828
00:55:24,960 --> 00:55:28,459
- With heart-fluttering sensations - With heart-fluttering sensations

829
00:55:28,460 --> 00:55:31,999
- The streets are full of people - The streets are full of people

830
00:55:32,000 --> 00:55:35,469
- Exchanging friendly glances - Exchanging friendly glances

831
00:55:36,500 --> 00:55:37,500
- Hey! - Hey!

832
00:55:40,040 --> 00:55:41,040
- Hey! - Hey!

833
00:55:43,569 --> 00:55:44,639
- Hey! - Hey!

834
00:55:47,080 --> 00:55:48,150
- Hey! - Hey!

835
00:55:49,049 --> 00:55:51,318
What? No way

836
00:55:51,319 --> 00:55:53,580
Has the night deepened already?

837
00:55:56,089 --> 00:56:00,719
I had no idea time flew by

838
00:56:01,290 --> 00:56:02,460
Hit the high notes.

839
00:56:03,330 --> 00:56:08,330
The white street lamp has turned on

840
00:56:10,369 --> 00:56:14,739
To shine the street after the sun had gone down

841
00:56:42,630 --> 00:56:43,630
What are you doing?

842
00:57:04,389 --> 00:57:05,389
Let's check that.

843
00:57:11,759 --> 00:57:12,759
Oh, no.

844
00:57:15,600 --> 00:57:16,799
Sir!

845
00:57:37,790 --> 00:57:38,819
Hi.

846
00:57:40,860 --> 00:57:41,889
Hi.

847
00:57:42,529 --> 00:57:43,759
Well,

848
00:57:44,799 --> 00:57:49,730
I hope we can work well together from now on.

849
00:57:52,000 --> 00:57:55,110
Actually, I'm not good at sign language.

850
00:57:56,069 --> 00:57:58,779
But I've been learning sign language diligently lately.

851
00:57:59,310 --> 00:58:01,150
I see. I didn't know.

852
00:58:01,949 --> 00:58:02,980
Sorry.

853
00:58:06,980 --> 00:58:07,989
You can do this!

854
00:58:11,119 --> 00:58:12,259
Let's go inside.

855
00:58:15,630 --> 00:58:19,359
- They're waiting for the sunny day - They're waiting for the sunny day

856
00:58:19,360 --> 00:58:22,899
- With heart-fluttering sensations - With heart-fluttering sensations

857
00:58:22,900 --> 00:58:26,368
- The streets are full of people - The streets are full of people

858
00:58:26,369 --> 00:58:30,139
- Exchanging friendly glances - Exchanging friendly glances

859
00:58:30,980 --> 00:58:32,009
- Hey! - Hey!

860
00:58:34,480 --> 00:58:35,509
- Hey! - Hey!

861
00:58:38,020 --> 00:58:39,020
- Hey! - Hey!

862
00:58:41,549 --> 00:58:42,549
- Hey! - Hey!

863
00:58:45,360 --> 00:58:47,488
Then are any of the other co-members still working...

864
00:58:47,489 --> 00:58:49,428
in the music industry?

865
00:58:49,429 --> 00:58:51,559
- No one. I'm the only one. - My gosh.

866
00:58:51,560 --> 00:58:52,630
- No one. I'm the only one. - My gosh.

867
00:58:53,299 --> 00:58:55,469
Unfortunately, we had to disband after a short while...

868
00:58:55,630 --> 00:58:57,630
because one of the members caused big trouble.

869
00:58:58,199 --> 00:59:00,399
Thanks to him, our performance at the festival was ruined.

870
00:59:00,400 --> 00:59:02,109
The band got disbanded.

871
00:59:02,110 --> 00:59:05,310
The only thing I got out of the band was my relationship with Mr. Oh.

872
00:59:05,679 --> 00:59:07,879
If the band got disbanded over the incident,

873
00:59:07,880 --> 00:59:09,580
it must have been quite serious.

874
00:59:11,980 --> 00:59:13,049
It was.

875
00:59:13,650 --> 00:59:17,619
Because of that incident, one of the members got hurt badly.

876
00:59:20,460 --> 00:59:21,829
(Special thanks to Yoon Do Hyun,)

877
00:59:21,830 --> 00:59:23,190
(Park Ho San, Kim Jun Hyung, and Park Han Sol)

878
00:59:50,219 --> 00:59:55,060
(Twinkling Watermelon)

879
00:59:55,529 --> 00:59:57,959
Dad's accident will take place tomorrow, the day of the rehearsal.

880
00:59:57,960 --> 01:00:00,329
Everyone, gather around. The order of the rehearsal came out.

881
01:00:00,330 --> 01:00:01,928
It's tomorrow at 3pm.

882
01:00:01,929 --> 01:00:03,798
What's his deal?

883
01:00:03,799 --> 01:00:05,638
Okay. I'll help you.

884
01:00:05,639 --> 01:00:07,669
What's going to happen tomorrow?

885
01:00:07,670 --> 01:00:10,039
Who's going to cause the accident? Please tell me!

886
01:00:10,040 --> 01:00:12,008
You've been manipulating me through Se Gyeong?

887
01:00:12,009 --> 01:00:14,778
Why are you taking it this far?

888
01:00:14,779 --> 01:00:16,809
I pleaded with you, but you wouldn't listen.

889
01:00:16,810 --> 01:00:18,318
I know your future.

890
01:00:18,319 --> 01:00:20,579
I found out how to change your life.

891
01:00:20,580 --> 01:00:22,789
I'll now show you the consequences...

892
01:00:22,790 --> 01:00:24,119
of stabbing me in the back.