"Twinkling Watermelon" KDrama Script: Ep15 (English)

1
00:00:11,380 --> 00:00:12,750
(Ryeo Un)

2
00:00:14,080 --> 00:00:15,949
(Choi Hyun Wook)

3
00:00:18,189 --> 00:00:19,650
(Seol In Ah)

4
00:00:24,659 --> 00:00:26,560
(Shin Eun Soo)

5
00:00:34,200 --> 00:00:37,968
(Twinkling Watermelon)

6
00:00:37,969 --> 00:00:39,508
(Production sponsors)

7
00:00:39,509 --> 00:00:40,769
(Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, KOCCA)

8
00:00:40,770 --> 00:00:41,778
(All people, organizations, locations, and incidents...)

9
00:00:41,779 --> 00:00:42,779
(in this drama are fictitious.)

10
00:00:42,780 --> 00:00:43,810
(Staff ensured child actors' safety in the filming of this drama.)

11
00:00:44,380 --> 00:00:46,909
Guys, let's play together!

12
00:00:46,910 --> 00:00:48,318
- Hello. - Hello.

13
00:00:48,319 --> 00:00:52,190
(June 6, 1995, before Eun Gyeol's time traveling)

14
00:00:52,350 --> 00:00:54,218
This year was the 50th anniversary of our independence,

15
00:00:54,219 --> 00:00:56,759
and today was the 40th Memorial Day.

16
00:00:57,420 --> 00:01:00,829
Goodness. You guys look like aged cucumbers soaked in alcohol.

17
00:01:01,329 --> 00:01:02,759
Yes, it's dried pollack soup.

18
00:01:02,959 --> 00:01:04,870
- You're so considerate! - Here you go.

19
00:01:04,929 --> 00:01:07,199
You ought to spend your days off sober from time to time.

20
00:01:07,200 --> 00:01:10,539
Whenever you guys have days off, all you do is drink until you drop.

21
00:01:11,270 --> 00:01:12,708
Your parents must be working hard...

22
00:01:12,709 --> 00:01:14,910
in your hometowns to pay for your education here.

23
00:01:15,240 --> 00:01:17,338
Grandma! Can I have some food too?

24
00:01:17,339 --> 00:01:19,449
What have you been doing that you skipped a meal?

25
00:01:19,649 --> 00:01:20,949
Are you hungover too?

26
00:01:21,750 --> 00:01:23,720
I didn't eat at home, so I could have some of your food.

27
00:01:25,449 --> 00:01:27,589
- Where's Yi Chan? - I have no idea.

28
00:01:27,959 --> 00:01:30,489
He's been cooped up in his room with his guitar since yesterday.

29
00:01:30,490 --> 00:01:32,890
He's been lounging around like some lazy kid.

30
00:01:33,259 --> 00:01:34,359
Hey, Yi Chan!

31
00:01:34,360 --> 00:01:37,300
Don't make me set the table twice. Come out and eat your meal.

32
00:01:46,709 --> 00:01:47,709
What are you doing?

33
00:01:47,710 --> 00:01:48,780
Are you recording the message for your pager?

34
00:01:49,679 --> 00:01:50,679
Hey.

35
00:01:51,179 --> 00:01:53,309
Did you look into what I asked? What did you find out?

36
00:01:53,479 --> 00:01:55,780
Was he really a genius guitarist who used to rule his era?

37
00:01:56,419 --> 00:01:59,149
Yes. Hyun Yul wasn't lying.

38
00:01:59,490 --> 00:02:01,159
Anyone who knew how to play the guitar...

39
00:02:01,160 --> 00:02:02,690
tried to mimic him at least once back in the day.

40
00:02:03,690 --> 00:02:05,229
- Let's go. - Go where?

41
00:02:05,330 --> 00:02:07,360
- To see him. - Why?

42
00:02:09,059 --> 00:02:10,199
So he can listen to my song.

43
00:02:10,530 --> 00:02:12,430
Why do you want to do that all of a sudden?

44
00:02:12,500 --> 00:02:14,499
To participate in the National Teen Band Contest,

45
00:02:14,500 --> 00:02:15,839
we need to have our own song.

46
00:02:15,840 --> 00:02:17,239
Hey, have you gone mad?

47
00:02:17,739 --> 00:02:19,209
On the day of the rehearsal for the festival,

48
00:02:19,210 --> 00:02:21,179
we got into a fight with the Jindo Dog Gang.

49
00:02:21,180 --> 00:02:23,009
We almost got suspended. Have you forgotten that already?

50
00:02:23,739 --> 00:02:24,879
How could I forget that?

51
00:02:24,880 --> 00:02:26,150
But you want to do what?

52
00:02:26,350 --> 00:02:28,880
What? You want to participate in what contest?

53
00:02:29,250 --> 00:02:31,948
Your grandmother had to kneel before the dean that day.

54
00:02:31,949 --> 00:02:33,849
The bruises on her knees are still there, you punk.

55
00:02:33,850 --> 00:02:35,690
That's why I must restore my honor!

56
00:02:36,120 --> 00:02:37,659
If I give up on my band now,

57
00:02:37,660 --> 00:02:40,228
I'll be nothing but a reckless guy who made a band to hit on a girl...

58
00:02:40,229 --> 00:02:41,960
and started a group fight.

59
00:02:42,859 --> 00:02:45,870
Yi Chan. Please give up already.

60
00:02:46,269 --> 00:02:48,870
Our band disbanded. Don't you remember?

61
00:02:49,069 --> 00:02:52,168
All right. We will begin the rehearsal...

62
00:02:52,169 --> 00:02:54,168
for First Love Memory Manipulators.

63
00:02:54,169 --> 00:02:55,309
(Yoon Dong Jin, the original member of First Love Memory Manipulators)

64
00:02:55,310 --> 00:02:58,548
One, two, three...

65
00:02:58,549 --> 00:02:59,579
Let's go!

66
00:03:02,180 --> 00:03:03,880
- Hey, let's go. - Get them.

67
00:03:05,389 --> 00:03:06,389
You jerk!

68
00:03:07,419 --> 00:03:08,919
Hey. Crush him!

69
00:03:16,900 --> 00:03:17,930
Darn it.

70
00:03:39,650 --> 00:03:41,459
Hyun Yul was crushed by the stage equipment.

71
00:03:41,460 --> 00:03:42,489
He'll be hospitalized for 12 weeks.

72
00:03:42,889 --> 00:03:44,120
It was awful meeting you guys.

73
00:03:44,489 --> 00:03:45,690
I hope I never see you again.

74
00:03:47,389 --> 00:03:49,060
Dong Jin got annoyed and left the band.

75
00:03:50,160 --> 00:03:51,429
- In His name... - Si Guk was sent...

76
00:03:51,430 --> 00:03:53,729
to a prayer retreat, and the bruise on his back is never going away.

77
00:03:58,239 --> 00:03:59,910
Se Bum was forced to study abroad.

78
00:04:00,739 --> 00:04:03,079
We don't have any other members left for the band.

79
00:04:03,810 --> 00:04:06,710
Exactly. I must meet with him and ask for help.

80
00:04:07,250 --> 00:04:09,048
I can seek musical advice from him too.

81
00:04:09,049 --> 00:04:10,619
I'll ask him to recommend me some people too.

82
00:04:10,620 --> 00:04:12,250
Then we'll form our band again.

83
00:04:12,750 --> 00:04:15,690
Gosh. There's no talking to you. What am I going to do with you?

84
00:04:18,389 --> 00:04:21,529
Gosh. My father texted me 8282. That means to hurry back home.

85
00:04:21,530 --> 00:04:22,629
I must get going now.

86
00:04:23,059 --> 00:04:24,059
Hey!

87
00:04:25,530 --> 00:04:26,530
Sorry.

88
00:04:26,531 --> 00:04:29,069
I must keep a low profile because of that incident for the time being.

89
00:04:29,070 --> 00:04:30,539
You can go and meet him alone. I'm sorry.

90
00:04:31,669 --> 00:04:32,710
That jerk.

91
00:04:37,379 --> 00:04:38,450
Where's his loyalty?

92
00:04:45,619 --> 00:04:49,489
(White Night)

93
00:05:04,470 --> 00:05:05,470
Hello, sir.

94
00:05:05,471 --> 00:05:06,668
I'm in 11th grade and go to Baekwang High School.

95
00:05:06,669 --> 00:05:08,439
My name is Ha Yi Chan.

96
00:05:08,809 --> 00:05:10,038
You remember me, right?

97
00:05:10,039 --> 00:05:11,549
I'm Hyun Yul's friend.

98
00:05:11,950 --> 00:05:14,080
You bought our band meat the other day.

99
00:05:14,179 --> 00:05:15,849
I do remember. But what a shame.

100
00:05:15,850 --> 00:05:18,619
Something came up. I was on my way out.

101
00:05:18,789 --> 00:05:19,820
Pardon?

102
00:05:20,489 --> 00:05:22,160
But you made an appointment with me first.

103
00:05:22,260 --> 00:05:24,858
Anyway, I'm sorry. Let's do this another day.

104
00:05:24,859 --> 00:05:26,330
Can you spare me just 30 minutes then?

105
00:05:26,660 --> 00:05:28,429
It's a short song because it's unfinished.

106
00:05:28,729 --> 00:05:29,729
Let's do this next time.

107
00:05:29,730 --> 00:05:32,070
I'll make sure to put aside time to listen to this with you.

108
00:05:32,229 --> 00:05:33,399
Just spare me 20 minutes, sir.

109
00:05:33,400 --> 00:05:35,238
No, 10 minutes. Or 5 minutes.

110
00:05:35,239 --> 00:05:36,699
Or 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Please, sir!

111
00:05:36,700 --> 00:05:38,169
Please listen to my song, sir!

112
00:05:39,109 --> 00:05:41,479
Everyone has their own life.

113
00:05:41,640 --> 00:05:44,609
Isn't it bad manners to impose like this on other people?

114
00:05:47,479 --> 00:05:49,580
I get it. I'm sorry.

115
00:05:50,350 --> 00:05:51,350
Bye.

116
00:05:58,629 --> 00:06:00,289
Minor coincidences come together...

117
00:06:00,689 --> 00:06:02,530
to bring luck miraculously...

118
00:06:02,960 --> 00:06:05,369
or to create an unbelievable tragedy.

119
00:06:07,530 --> 00:06:08,739
If...

120
00:06:09,239 --> 00:06:11,910
he listened to Yi Chan's song just for five minutes...

121
00:06:14,439 --> 00:06:16,439
- Darn it. - I'm sorry.

122
00:06:16,710 --> 00:06:18,710
Hey, you handsome boy.

123
00:06:19,679 --> 00:06:21,780
Look over there.

124
00:06:22,419 --> 00:06:23,979
A lot of cars come and go here.

125
00:06:24,419 --> 00:06:27,419
It will be dangerous for you to play with this here.

126
00:06:27,960 --> 00:06:29,359
Where's your mother?

127
00:06:29,760 --> 00:06:30,789
Over there.

128
00:06:31,160 --> 00:06:32,558
Could I take this as a freebie?

129
00:06:32,559 --> 00:06:34,058
Gosh, I said no.

130
00:06:34,059 --> 00:06:36,029
- Come on. You can spare me this. - I'm not making any money then.

131
00:06:36,030 --> 00:06:37,199
- If... - Seriously.

132
00:06:37,200 --> 00:06:39,269
- Do you want to see something cool? - Yes!

133
00:06:39,270 --> 00:06:41,169
he didn't come across the boy that day...

134
00:06:49,010 --> 00:06:50,179
You can come out now.

135
00:06:52,979 --> 00:06:54,080
If...

136
00:06:54,619 --> 00:06:57,350
he didn't have any surprise guest visiting that day...

137
00:06:59,249 --> 00:07:00,788
- Do you want to take this? - Yes. Give me 20 of this.

138
00:07:00,789 --> 00:07:01,789
Okay.

139
00:07:01,989 --> 00:07:05,288
Dad. Can you give us the elastic one in the 3cm checkered pattern?

140
00:07:05,289 --> 00:07:06,359
If his friend...

141
00:07:07,030 --> 00:07:08,729
- accompanied him that day... - Do you need anything else?

142
00:07:08,900 --> 00:07:11,329
I'll teach you how to score a big one!

143
00:07:11,330 --> 00:07:14,699
- Hey. You're going to drive? - Hey.

144
00:07:14,700 --> 00:07:15,738
Gosh. Just go.

145
00:07:15,739 --> 00:07:18,069
- If it wasn't... - Hey. You're driving?

146
00:07:18,070 --> 00:07:19,539
- a national holiday that day... - Are you serious?

147
00:07:21,679 --> 00:07:22,710
Gosh.

148
00:07:26,410 --> 00:07:27,710
Do you want me to show you a swing this time?

149
00:07:30,179 --> 00:07:31,320
If...

150
00:07:35,189 --> 00:07:38,460
one of these minor coincidences didn't happen that day...

151
00:07:38,890 --> 00:07:40,558
- Hey. - Hello.

152
00:07:40,559 --> 00:07:42,260
Thanks. Wait.

153
00:07:43,229 --> 00:07:44,358
Take one with you.

154
00:07:44,359 --> 00:07:45,469
No. It's okay.

155
00:07:45,470 --> 00:07:46,728
- I appreciate the gesture, though. - I just feel bad.

156
00:07:46,729 --> 00:07:49,239
Actually, I'm allergic to Korean melons.

157
00:07:50,600 --> 00:07:52,039
If just one of them didn't happen to him...

158
00:07:55,479 --> 00:07:56,479
Wait!

159
00:08:05,419 --> 00:08:06,720
If it did,

160
00:08:07,619 --> 00:08:08,720
would he be...

161
00:08:09,760 --> 00:08:11,859
living a completely different life by now?

162
00:08:18,299 --> 00:08:19,429
Is this a novel?

163
00:08:19,499 --> 00:08:21,739
(Fall of 2022)

164
00:08:26,439 --> 00:08:27,439
Right.

165
00:08:29,080 --> 00:08:30,809
Is this a novel?

166
00:08:31,979 --> 00:08:33,749
Why? Is it interesting?

167
00:08:34,010 --> 00:08:35,150
Well...

168
00:08:35,749 --> 00:08:37,149
The incident isn't that dramatic.

169
00:08:40,820 --> 00:08:42,960
By the way, why are you suddenly writing a novel?

170
00:08:44,190 --> 00:08:45,389
Don't tell me...

171
00:08:45,960 --> 00:08:47,430
you're going to retire as a taekwondo player.

172
00:08:48,700 --> 00:08:51,159
No. I want to show it to my brother.

173
00:08:51,830 --> 00:08:52,830
Your brother?

174
00:08:53,200 --> 00:08:54,739
You want to show it to your brother?

175
00:08:55,070 --> 00:08:57,138
If you hadn't caught me with that,

176
00:08:57,139 --> 00:08:59,210
my brother would have been the first one to read it.

177
00:08:59,970 --> 00:09:01,710
When will you show it to your brother?

178
00:09:14,519 --> 00:09:15,989
I don't follow.

179
00:09:18,229 --> 00:09:19,460
Once I finish it.

180
00:09:20,560 --> 00:09:23,729
I see. So what happens to the main character?

181
00:09:24,499 --> 00:09:25,700
He becomes our dad.

182
00:09:27,869 --> 00:09:29,570
That's not a novel.

183
00:09:30,040 --> 00:09:31,170
It's a true story.

184
00:09:33,470 --> 00:09:34,979
I heard something from Eun Ho.

185
00:09:35,509 --> 00:09:36,978
The date of Yi Chan's accident...

186
00:09:36,979 --> 00:09:40,009
Hey, you. Look at these two teenagers!

187
00:09:40,879 --> 00:09:43,850
Acting lovey-dovey out in public after playing hooky.

188
00:09:44,050 --> 00:09:45,589
Are you coming back from school, Yi Chan?

189
00:09:45,590 --> 00:09:46,850
Hello.

190
00:09:46,950 --> 00:09:47,988
- I'm coming back from school. - It wasn't the day...

191
00:09:47,989 --> 00:09:48,989
before the festival.

192
00:09:49,060 --> 00:09:50,690
You're really handsome.

193
00:09:51,560 --> 00:09:52,960
- Ma'am, you're still so beautiful. - The accident...

194
00:09:54,529 --> 00:09:55,930
hasn't happened yet.

195
00:09:56,899 --> 00:09:58,529
- I'll get going now. - Okay.

196
00:09:58,869 --> 00:09:59,930
- Bye. - Bye.

197
00:10:04,810 --> 00:10:05,909
What are you guys doing?

198
00:10:06,810 --> 00:10:08,239
I'm talking to you!

199
00:10:11,080 --> 00:10:12,710
They're having fun with this, aren't they?

200
00:10:22,389 --> 00:10:23,489
Are you all right?

201
00:10:24,159 --> 00:10:25,229
Then when is it?

202
00:10:27,590 --> 00:10:28,999
When does the accident happen?

203
00:10:38,869 --> 00:10:41,710
(Selling the national flags for the Memorial Day)

204
00:10:49,749 --> 00:10:50,749
It's tomorrow.

205
00:10:55,090 --> 00:10:58,790
This is amazing. I can't believe it!

206
00:10:59,359 --> 00:11:03,359
You're glowing in all of these shirts.

207
00:11:05,070 --> 00:11:06,229
What are you two doing?

208
00:11:06,600 --> 00:11:07,769
Hey, you're home.

209
00:11:08,170 --> 00:11:10,800
I took her out and went shopping.

210
00:11:13,869 --> 00:11:16,680
Why did you buy so much? Who knows how long she'll stay here?

211
00:11:16,739 --> 00:11:18,709
You have no idea how many basic necessities...

212
00:11:18,710 --> 00:11:20,248
one needs to live in a new place.

213
00:11:20,249 --> 00:11:23,180
Even if she stays here for a day, she should be comfortable.

214
00:11:23,350 --> 00:11:25,089
At this rate, you might head to the borough office tomorrow...

215
00:11:25,090 --> 00:11:26,118
to register her under you.

216
00:11:26,119 --> 00:11:27,889
Gosh. This is so fun.

217
00:11:27,989 --> 00:11:30,019
I'm used to having only guys in my house.

218
00:11:30,190 --> 00:11:32,158
Now that I have a girl staying in my house,

219
00:11:32,159 --> 00:11:35,899
it's like I'm playing princess. This is quite fun.

220
00:11:36,859 --> 00:11:38,830
You've never thought about playing prince?

221
00:11:38,970 --> 00:11:42,369
A handsome prince has been living with you for 18 years.

222
00:11:42,869 --> 00:11:43,869
Hey.

223
00:11:44,139 --> 00:11:48,210
I'll wash this thoroughly and make a blanket for you.

224
00:11:48,710 --> 00:11:51,080
Cover yourself with it when you go to sleep. Okay?

225
00:11:54,109 --> 00:11:56,079
Gosh. This is frustrating.

226
00:11:56,080 --> 00:11:58,789
If only she could hear me, it would have been perfect.

227
00:11:58,790 --> 00:12:00,149
- Grandma! - Gosh.

228
00:12:01,690 --> 00:12:04,790
You almost had my heart shoot out of my throat, you brat.

229
00:12:05,830 --> 00:12:06,830
Wait here.

230
00:12:11,060 --> 00:12:12,070
Gosh.

231
00:12:31,379 --> 00:12:33,420
(Chung Ah, I'll make you a blanket.)

232
00:12:42,529 --> 00:12:44,359
(Thank you.)

233
00:12:49,769 --> 00:12:50,940
I made this!

234
00:12:56,180 --> 00:12:57,440
(Snail Guesthouse)

235
00:13:55,139 --> 00:13:56,200
It's a novel.

236
00:13:57,239 --> 00:13:58,609
My brother came up with the story.

237
00:14:03,909 --> 00:14:05,850
It's not a novel. He said it was a true story.

238
00:14:05,979 --> 00:14:07,279
He likes to joke around.

239
00:14:08,080 --> 00:14:10,319
You think he would use his parents' tragedy as a joke?

240
00:14:10,320 --> 00:14:12,220
He's always been off-the-wall.

241
00:14:12,749 --> 00:14:13,749
Ha Eun Gyeol.

242
00:14:20,629 --> 00:14:22,430
There's no way only I was in the dark about it.

243
00:14:23,560 --> 00:14:25,869
There's no way my dad only told him about the accident.

244
00:14:26,369 --> 00:14:29,369
Eun Ho didn't hear it from his dad. He found out by chance.

245
00:14:30,369 --> 00:14:32,070
Are you seriously using that as an excuse?

246
00:14:32,470 --> 00:14:34,210
A falling accident from the lift?

247
00:14:34,609 --> 00:14:36,439
This isn't some third-tier regional event.

248
00:14:36,440 --> 00:14:38,509
It's a concert that generates hundreds of thousands of dollars.

249
00:14:38,950 --> 00:14:41,080
I told you to be thorough with the safety gear.

250
00:14:42,479 --> 00:14:43,519
Hey.

251
00:14:53,190 --> 00:14:54,690
Ha Yi Chan?

252
00:14:55,159 --> 00:14:58,128
I told you to be careful with potential injuries at all times.

253
00:14:58,129 --> 00:14:59,200
Didn't I tell you that?

254
00:14:59,999 --> 00:15:01,869
I can't compete if I'm scared of getting injured.

255
00:15:02,899 --> 00:15:03,999
The moment I give up...

256
00:15:06,739 --> 00:15:09,040
The match is over.

257
00:15:12,810 --> 00:15:13,810
Yi Chan.

258
00:15:18,249 --> 00:15:19,290
Ha Yi Chan.

259
00:15:21,989 --> 00:15:22,989
You punk.

260
00:15:23,859 --> 00:15:25,159
So you're still alive.

261
00:15:34,769 --> 00:15:36,940
No. You know what?

262
00:15:37,540 --> 00:15:38,940
Let's not do this here.

263
00:15:39,710 --> 00:15:41,139
Let's go to a cafe nearby.

264
00:15:41,210 --> 00:15:43,210
- Let's... - Sir!

265
00:15:44,009 --> 00:15:45,350
The doctor wants to see you.

266
00:15:45,580 --> 00:15:46,778
- Wait here. - Why?

267
00:15:46,779 --> 00:15:48,618
- I'll go and see your doctor. - Is it bad?

268
00:15:48,619 --> 00:15:50,319
They will have to perform the surgery now.

269
00:15:50,320 --> 00:15:51,950
- Where is he right now? - Over there.

270
00:15:52,920 --> 00:15:55,359
Wait! Yi Chan.

271
00:15:55,960 --> 00:15:57,389
Hey, Ha Yi Chan!

272
00:16:11,369 --> 00:16:13,970
I'm Ha Yi Chan's son, Ha Eun Ho.

273
00:16:14,540 --> 00:16:16,940
Who are you?

274
00:16:20,479 --> 00:16:21,509
Hello.

275
00:16:22,550 --> 00:16:23,649
Nice to meet you.

276
00:16:25,080 --> 00:16:26,190
I am...

277
00:16:26,720 --> 00:16:28,249
your father's high school friend.

278
00:16:33,129 --> 00:16:35,729
I'm sorry to call you out of the blue like this.

279
00:16:40,070 --> 00:16:41,170
Don't be sorry.

280
00:16:42,970 --> 00:16:44,769
I've been waiting for you to call.

281
00:16:46,239 --> 00:16:48,440
You said you had questions for me.

282
00:16:49,139 --> 00:16:50,409
Ask them away.

283
00:16:56,979 --> 00:16:58,350
Was my father...

284
00:16:59,519 --> 00:17:00,649
able to hear...

285
00:17:01,519 --> 00:17:02,790
in high school?

286
00:17:09,659 --> 00:17:10,929
Who was his friend?

287
00:17:11,429 --> 00:17:12,429
I don't know.

288
00:17:12,800 --> 00:17:14,869
- Not even a name? - No.

289
00:17:15,469 --> 00:17:17,570
Back then, that wasn't important.

290
00:17:18,469 --> 00:17:21,239
I only heard that his friend regretted not going there...

291
00:17:21,240 --> 00:17:23,709
with Yi Chan that day and blamed himself for it.

292
00:17:29,780 --> 00:17:32,020
- Ma Joo. - Ma Joo?

293
00:17:33,189 --> 00:17:35,519
He would've been the only person my dad would've trusted...

294
00:17:35,520 --> 00:17:37,219
and discussed band matters as he was the manager.

295
00:17:38,119 --> 00:17:41,159
His friend who couldn't go with my dad that day must be Ma Joo.

296
00:17:44,760 --> 00:17:45,869
But this is odd.

297
00:17:47,270 --> 00:17:49,800
He said he regretted it and blamed himself for it.

298
00:17:50,399 --> 00:17:52,510
How come he didn't stay in touch with my dad?

299
00:17:53,770 --> 00:17:56,609
Yi Chan was the one who cut all ties with his friend.

300
00:17:58,649 --> 00:18:00,750
Eun Ho asked his dad after some time.

301
00:18:01,510 --> 00:18:02,579
Then he said...

302
00:18:02,580 --> 00:18:04,580
(Late fall of 2022)

303
00:18:10,719 --> 00:18:12,389
When I meet my friends from high school,

304
00:18:14,159 --> 00:18:15,459
my heart breaks a bit...

305
00:18:17,359 --> 00:18:19,429
because I miss those days.

306
00:18:26,469 --> 00:18:27,840
Whenever they see me,

307
00:18:28,070 --> 00:18:30,480
they seem sad, and watching their sad faces...

308
00:18:31,740 --> 00:18:32,909
is painful too.

309
00:18:43,959 --> 00:18:45,290
I think I can understand him.

310
00:18:46,230 --> 00:18:49,399
He misses them, but he doesn't have the courage to see them.

311
00:18:55,740 --> 00:18:57,938
He can't face them because he's afraid...

312
00:18:57,939 --> 00:18:59,939
that they might hurt each other.

313
00:19:07,409 --> 00:19:08,850
Jonathan.

314
00:19:10,619 --> 00:19:11,678
What did you say?

315
00:19:11,679 --> 00:19:13,519
Many things have changed...

316
00:19:13,520 --> 00:19:15,590
since I joined the band instead of Dong Jin.

317
00:19:16,159 --> 00:19:18,859
But I think Yi Chan would still know similar people.

318
00:19:19,959 --> 00:19:20,959
So?

319
00:19:22,129 --> 00:19:24,198
A grown-up who knows enough about bands...

320
00:19:24,199 --> 00:19:25,929
for my dad to ask for advice on music.

321
00:19:26,429 --> 00:19:27,869
A guitarist who runs a store...

322
00:19:28,639 --> 00:19:31,439
and knows the members of The Manipulators.

323
00:19:32,570 --> 00:19:35,840
I'm sure my dad was supposed to meet Jonathan that day.

324
00:20:31,300 --> 00:20:34,969
If it's Jonathan my dad is supposed to meet tomorrow,

325
00:20:36,070 --> 00:20:38,369
even if we can't locate the place where the accident will happen,

326
00:20:41,139 --> 00:20:42,740
we can narrow it down.

327
00:20:45,209 --> 00:20:46,379
Near White Night Music.

328
00:20:47,010 --> 00:20:48,010
Yes.

329
00:20:50,020 --> 00:20:52,718
Tomorrow, you must stay with Yi Chan no matter what.

330
00:20:52,719 --> 00:20:55,148
I'll be watching the scene of the accident...

331
00:20:55,149 --> 00:20:56,659
and trying my best to prevent any variables from happening.

332
00:20:56,820 --> 00:20:58,830
What are you talking about? Why would you go there?

333
00:20:59,060 --> 00:21:02,299
Well, it's to make it extra safe.

334
00:21:02,300 --> 00:21:03,730
Or it's like the second line of defense.

335
00:21:03,959 --> 00:21:05,729
If you miss Yi Chan,

336
00:21:05,730 --> 00:21:07,300
I can stop him there.

337
00:21:07,570 --> 00:21:09,638
What if you get hurt?

338
00:21:09,639 --> 00:21:11,039
Don't worry.

339
00:21:11,040 --> 00:21:13,240
I'll immediately run away when I sense danger.

340
00:21:13,810 --> 00:21:15,609
- Still... - Eun Gyeol.

341
00:21:16,340 --> 00:21:18,178
The two moons didn't rise yet.

342
00:21:18,179 --> 00:21:19,749
And we're still in this time period.

343
00:21:19,750 --> 00:21:22,219
We can stop it for sure.

344
00:21:23,320 --> 00:21:24,750
Trust your helper.

345
00:21:39,669 --> 00:21:40,699
Go in.

346
00:21:40,969 --> 00:21:42,969
Okay. Bye.

347
00:21:43,469 --> 00:21:45,169
Have sweet dreams tonight.

348
00:21:46,439 --> 00:21:47,469
Eun Yu.

349
00:21:48,169 --> 00:21:50,409
What? It's my name.

350
00:21:52,080 --> 00:21:55,250
Hearing my name here makes me so happy and nostalgic.

351
00:21:57,449 --> 00:21:58,480
Thank you.

352
00:22:01,750 --> 00:22:03,060
Am I going to a war or something?

353
00:22:03,290 --> 00:22:04,820
I'm sure you're one of the reasons...

354
00:22:05,830 --> 00:22:07,429
why I came to this time period.

355
00:22:08,530 --> 00:22:11,129
Yes. I agree, sir.

356
00:22:12,830 --> 00:22:14,429
Let's go back together no matter what happens.

357
00:22:15,800 --> 00:22:18,438
In 2023, I'll pay you back 1,000 times or 10,000 times...

358
00:22:18,439 --> 00:22:19,510
what you did for me.

359
00:22:19,969 --> 00:22:21,010
Wait.

360
00:22:22,040 --> 00:22:25,039
That's slightly less than enough,

361
00:22:25,040 --> 00:22:26,179
but I'll look forward to it.

362
00:22:38,219 --> 00:22:40,059
The two moons didn't rise yet.

363
00:22:40,060 --> 00:22:41,589
And we're still in this time period.

364
00:22:41,590 --> 00:22:44,159
We can stop it for sure.

365
00:22:51,540 --> 00:22:52,570
Eun Gyeol?

366
00:22:55,879 --> 00:22:57,109
We're from Mapo Police Station.

367
00:22:58,080 --> 00:22:59,409
Please come with us for a moment.

368
00:23:00,050 --> 00:23:02,280
We got a report about Chung Ah's abduction.

369
00:23:03,480 --> 00:23:04,980
Are you sure you can handle the consequences...

370
00:23:05,449 --> 00:23:07,020
and take responsibility for this?

371
00:23:08,350 --> 00:23:11,119
If you walk out that door now,

372
00:23:11,490 --> 00:23:13,429
you will regret it.

373
00:23:16,459 --> 00:23:19,669
Let's go. I also have something to say.

374
00:23:26,540 --> 00:23:27,939
(Seogyo-dong)

375
00:23:30,540 --> 00:23:32,409
Mapo Police Station is over there. Where are you taking me?

376
00:23:37,649 --> 00:23:38,679
What are you?

377
00:23:39,250 --> 00:23:40,750
You're not police officers, are you?

378
00:23:41,820 --> 00:23:44,590
I heard you were smart, but you're just a kid.

379
00:23:47,629 --> 00:23:48,689
(Chairwoman Im Ji Mi)

380
00:23:49,230 --> 00:23:51,760
When you get his written oath, send it through a fax machine.

381
00:23:53,199 --> 00:23:56,138
Watch him board a ship before departing.

382
00:23:56,139 --> 00:23:57,399
Then bring Chung Ah.

383
00:24:03,040 --> 00:24:04,379
I'm not sure.

384
00:24:06,209 --> 00:24:09,080
He chose to stow away as he didn't have a legal identity.

385
00:24:10,320 --> 00:24:11,979
And no one would know that he disappeared...

386
00:24:11,980 --> 00:24:13,689
as he doesn't have a family.

387
00:24:14,389 --> 00:24:15,859
Do I even have to worry about what might happen later?

388
00:24:39,449 --> 00:24:40,949
Aren't you just happy to see me again?

389
00:24:41,080 --> 00:24:42,519
There's no way that I'm happy to see a hunting dog...

390
00:24:42,520 --> 00:24:43,550
that has gone crazy after tasting money.

391
00:24:43,719 --> 00:24:44,980
Are you good at copying words?

392
00:24:45,990 --> 00:24:47,989
Copy them and sign it.

393
00:24:47,990 --> 00:24:49,119
Then I'll set you free.

394
00:24:50,619 --> 00:24:51,659
It's simple.

395
00:24:52,090 --> 00:24:54,289
"From the electric shock accident..."

396
00:24:54,290 --> 00:24:56,300
"to becoming a tutor, I planned everything to approach her."

397
00:24:56,459 --> 00:24:58,559
"I acknowledge that I kidnapped Yoon Chung Ah..."

398
00:24:58,560 --> 00:24:59,669
"and demanded a ransom."

399
00:24:59,969 --> 00:25:01,299
"I got the money I wanted,"

400
00:25:01,300 --> 00:25:04,439
"and I will never show up to the Jinsung Family."

401
00:25:06,270 --> 00:25:07,709
Do you think I'll do it?

402
00:25:08,109 --> 00:25:10,408
You'll get rich if you sign it obediently.

403
00:25:10,409 --> 00:25:12,510
If you act up, your life will end.

404
00:25:12,649 --> 00:25:15,280
The most luxurious ship is ready for you.

405
00:25:19,750 --> 00:25:22,490
Don't even dream of it. Those guys have many tattoos.

406
00:25:22,590 --> 00:25:23,958
They know how to use tools as well.

407
00:25:23,959 --> 00:25:26,859
They know how to use a shovel to dig the ground to bury someone.

408
00:25:28,359 --> 00:25:31,129
Why are you scared? I already gave you the right answer.

409
00:25:32,429 --> 00:25:33,469
Let's get it done quickly.

410
00:25:35,600 --> 00:25:38,469
(Oath)

411
00:25:43,679 --> 00:25:45,580
(Chairwoman Im Ji Mi)

412
00:25:47,909 --> 00:25:49,480
(Seowon Arts High School)

413
00:25:54,050 --> 00:25:55,050
(Oath)

414
00:25:55,051 --> 00:25:56,819
(I lured innocent Chung Ah to kidnap her as I became greedy.)

415
00:25:56,820 --> 00:25:58,189
(Signed by Ha Eun Gyeol)

416
00:26:04,929 --> 00:26:06,398
This isn't what you promised.

417
00:26:06,399 --> 00:26:07,898
Where are you going right now?

418
00:26:07,899 --> 00:26:09,899
You said you would set me free if I signed it.

419
00:26:10,040 --> 00:26:12,100
Stop the car.

420
00:26:13,209 --> 00:26:15,609
Let me get out. Let me go.

421
00:26:17,879 --> 00:26:19,449
Hurry up and bring it to me.

422
00:26:22,719 --> 00:26:24,079
You came home.

423
00:26:24,080 --> 00:26:26,188
You came a day earlier than planned.

424
00:26:26,189 --> 00:26:28,590
Did you not hear me? Bring it to me.

425
00:26:32,659 --> 00:26:35,060
Did they make a mistake?

426
00:26:42,800 --> 00:26:44,899
Sir.

427
00:26:53,149 --> 00:26:56,679
Why on earth are you doing this?

428
00:26:57,080 --> 00:27:00,090
This is just an attic, a storage.

429
00:27:02,250 --> 00:27:04,159
Open it yourself.

430
00:27:07,530 --> 00:27:08,830
Do I have to repeat myself?

431
00:27:28,179 --> 00:27:29,648
I told you.

432
00:27:29,649 --> 00:27:31,719
It's just an attic.

433
00:27:32,149 --> 00:27:34,618
Chung Ah wanted to store her clothes...

434
00:27:34,619 --> 00:27:36,760
she doesn't wear anymore here.

435
00:28:14,790 --> 00:28:18,459
She's been too stubborn since she was little.

436
00:28:19,899 --> 00:28:21,570
When she got upset during her tutoring session,

437
00:28:22,129 --> 00:28:24,469
she bit me, scratched me, and broke things.

438
00:28:25,869 --> 00:28:27,869
Once she ran into this room and locked the door,

439
00:28:28,070 --> 00:28:29,379
there was nothing I could do.

440
00:28:29,939 --> 00:28:31,879
"Shall I break down the walls and get rid of the room?"

441
00:28:32,649 --> 00:28:34,409
I definitely considered it,

442
00:28:35,109 --> 00:28:36,779
but I thought it was a good idea...

443
00:28:36,780 --> 00:28:39,590
to keep a shelter that only Chung Ah could use.

444
00:28:39,719 --> 00:28:42,148
Do you think using English words would make this misery look better?

445
00:28:42,149 --> 00:28:44,490
I kept the room for Chung Ah's sake.

446
00:28:45,520 --> 00:28:48,929
When chased and cornered,

447
00:28:49,600 --> 00:28:51,499
even a rat will bite a cat.

448
00:28:51,500 --> 00:28:53,899
Is my daughter a rat?

449
00:28:58,300 --> 00:29:00,270
What have you all been doing?

450
00:29:00,939 --> 00:29:03,310
You turned a blind eye to it, helped her hide it, and assisted her.

451
00:29:03,939 --> 00:29:06,949
What did you receive in return for destroying a child's soul?

452
00:29:07,580 --> 00:29:11,179
We did nothing but follow Ms. Im's orders.

453
00:29:11,520 --> 00:29:13,790
Pack your things. You are all fired.

454
00:29:14,119 --> 00:29:15,119
Pardon?

455
00:29:15,419 --> 00:29:17,959
Ms. Im, you are fired too.

456
00:29:18,919 --> 00:29:22,290
Take your kids and move out of my house at once.

457
00:29:32,570 --> 00:29:34,909
Sir.

458
00:29:37,480 --> 00:29:38,780
I cannot move out.

459
00:29:43,320 --> 00:29:45,850
I refuse to leave this house and my school too,

460
00:29:46,719 --> 00:29:48,350
without a legitimate reason.

461
00:29:48,520 --> 00:29:49,859
"A legitimate reason?"

462
00:29:50,619 --> 00:29:52,118
I don't know what kinds of rumors you heard...

463
00:29:52,119 --> 00:29:54,530
or what you're imagining, but I...

464
00:29:56,800 --> 00:29:57,859
Don't tell me...

465
00:29:58,959 --> 00:30:00,399
it was Eun Gyeol.

466
00:30:00,969 --> 00:30:03,369
Finish what you were saying. I want to hear your conclusion.

467
00:30:08,139 --> 00:30:09,539
Do you know...

468
00:30:09,540 --> 00:30:11,740
what that boy did while you were away?

469
00:30:13,149 --> 00:30:16,419
He kidnapped Chung Ah and demanded money.

470
00:30:17,280 --> 00:30:18,918
Because of your reputation...

471
00:30:18,919 --> 00:30:21,719
and the company's public image, I couldn't even contact the police.

472
00:30:22,149 --> 00:30:24,060
So, I sent Attorney Jang to get things sorted out.

473
00:30:24,659 --> 00:30:26,560
But he ran off with the money.

474
00:30:27,290 --> 00:30:29,230
Are you doing this to me because you trust that boy?

475
00:30:49,850 --> 00:30:52,119
I should be on the stowaway boat by now, shouldn't I?

476
00:30:53,490 --> 00:30:55,189
You seem puzzled as to why I'm here now.

477
00:31:00,730 --> 00:31:02,899
Stop the car.

478
00:31:03,500 --> 00:31:05,699
Let me get out. Let me go.

479
00:31:05,959 --> 00:31:07,699
There's something I must do!

480
00:31:09,070 --> 00:31:10,070
Darn this kid!

481
00:31:15,840 --> 00:31:16,840
Hold him down!

482
00:31:16,840 --> 00:31:17,840
- Stop the car! - Let go!

483
00:31:20,179 --> 00:31:22,409
- Pull over at once. - Darn you!

484
00:31:30,219 --> 00:31:31,359
Hey, cops are here.

485
00:31:32,290 --> 00:31:33,330
- Shoot. - Darn it.

486
00:31:35,990 --> 00:31:37,800
Hey, run!

487
00:31:40,330 --> 00:31:41,369
Eun Gyeol!

488
00:31:43,000 --> 00:31:44,070
Mr. Shin.

489
00:31:44,570 --> 00:31:45,699
I'm sorry I'm late.

490
00:31:46,070 --> 00:31:47,570
I've been tailing you from the guesthouse,

491
00:31:47,909 --> 00:31:49,169
but I needed to capture some evidence.

492
00:32:02,689 --> 00:32:04,389
I received the fax you sent.

493
00:32:05,159 --> 00:32:07,490
I'm relieved that you received it before it was too late, sir.

494
00:32:11,760 --> 00:32:13,469
You need a legitimate reason?

495
00:32:15,199 --> 00:32:17,469
You took bribes using your position,

496
00:32:17,899 --> 00:32:19,408
engaged in an admissions bribery scheme,

497
00:32:19,409 --> 00:32:20,840
committed embezzlement and tax evasion,

498
00:32:21,270 --> 00:32:24,179
started a dummy company to make a slush fund,

499
00:32:24,540 --> 00:32:27,310
and kidnapped, abused, and confined a minor against her will.

500
00:32:29,350 --> 00:32:30,379
Do you need to hear more?

501
00:32:30,879 --> 00:32:32,479
Sir, that's...

502
00:32:32,480 --> 00:32:33,688
Once I carve you out of my family register,

503
00:32:33,689 --> 00:32:34,889
I'll have Mr. Shin drop off a copy.

504
00:32:35,290 --> 00:32:38,020
- Sir! - I told you.

505
00:32:39,859 --> 00:32:42,159
I said I'd teach you that good was bound to triumph over evil...

506
00:32:42,959 --> 00:32:44,060
and that you shouldn't...

507
00:32:45,399 --> 00:32:46,669
even dream of a comfortable life.

508
00:32:54,270 --> 00:32:55,540
Oh, my.

509
00:32:55,709 --> 00:32:59,409
I heard you were studying art. You really are so good at this.

510
00:33:00,949 --> 00:33:03,649
The boys would love this.

511
00:33:05,780 --> 00:33:09,050
- My, it looks so good! - Oh, my! What is this?

512
00:33:09,689 --> 00:33:12,929
- Hey, what is this? - It's omelet rice.

513
00:33:13,290 --> 00:33:14,359
Oh, my.

514
00:33:14,730 --> 00:33:16,629
- Thank you for the food! - Thank you for the food!

515
00:33:23,369 --> 00:33:26,439
Oh, right. I was supposed to go out for drinks this evening.

516
00:33:26,639 --> 00:33:27,669
It totally slipped my mind.

517
00:33:27,869 --> 00:33:31,240
Chung Ah, please save this for me.

518
00:33:31,340 --> 00:33:34,250
I can't eat now. I'll be eating while having drinks later.

519
00:33:34,580 --> 00:33:36,079
Hey, weren't we supposed to meet up with...

520
00:33:36,080 --> 00:33:38,820
Why didn't you remind me? Hey, wait up.

521
00:33:53,929 --> 00:33:56,339
What? Where did everyone go in the middle of a meal?

522
00:33:56,340 --> 00:33:57,399
Hello?

523
00:33:59,070 --> 00:34:00,109
It's me.

524
00:34:01,969 --> 00:34:02,980
What's up?

525
00:34:03,639 --> 00:34:05,608
You ignored me earlier. Why are you suddenly calling...

526
00:34:05,609 --> 00:34:07,010
Chairman Yoon came back to Korea.

527
00:34:08,209 --> 00:34:09,850
Can you bring Chung Ah here?

528
00:35:00,000 --> 00:35:01,069
I told you.

529
00:35:02,330 --> 00:35:05,239
You don't have to forgive them.

530
00:35:08,810 --> 00:35:11,239
You can come back and stay with us whenever you want.

531
00:35:13,279 --> 00:35:15,310
We'll always be on your side, no matter what.

532
00:35:16,949 --> 00:35:18,020
You know that, right?

533
00:35:20,989 --> 00:35:22,089
All right, then.

534
00:35:24,489 --> 00:35:26,219
Go on in. I'll get going too.

535
00:36:04,429 --> 00:36:05,630
Could you...

536
00:36:07,069 --> 00:36:08,299
spare me a moment, sir?

537
00:36:12,869 --> 00:36:14,469
- Why? - Don't worry.

538
00:36:16,069 --> 00:36:17,179
I won't cause a scene.

539
00:36:22,679 --> 00:36:24,520
The next time you visit, I'll be sure to serve you some tea.

540
00:36:24,650 --> 00:36:26,218
I just fired all my housekeepers.

541
00:36:26,219 --> 00:36:28,150
My grandmother doesn't know sign language at all,

542
00:36:32,219 --> 00:36:34,259
but I saw her chatting with Chung Ah all day.

543
00:36:35,830 --> 00:36:37,060
That taught me this.

544
00:36:38,330 --> 00:36:42,730
If you really want to express something, you will find a way.

545
00:36:44,670 --> 00:36:46,199
And if you want to express more,

546
00:36:52,480 --> 00:36:55,210
you just need to learn how to do it.

547
00:37:00,389 --> 00:37:02,150
(The Most Beautiful Language: Lovely Sign Language)

548
00:37:03,290 --> 00:37:04,460
"Your father..."

549
00:37:05,020 --> 00:37:07,360
"is like a shield that protects you from everything..."

550
00:37:08,089 --> 00:37:10,630
"until you're old enough to go out into the world."

551
00:37:13,270 --> 00:37:16,069
Those aren't my words. Ernest Hemingway said it.

552
00:37:19,710 --> 00:37:22,170
I never had such a father,

553
00:37:24,239 --> 00:37:25,909
but I hope Chung Ah can.

554
00:37:30,549 --> 00:37:33,449
You can keep that book, sir. I've already mastered it.

555
00:37:34,119 --> 00:37:35,150
I'll be off, then.

556
00:37:39,520 --> 00:37:41,560
Stendhal was the one who said it, not Hemingway.

557
00:37:42,860 --> 00:37:44,759
And that's what he said about his mother, not his father.

558
00:37:46,969 --> 00:37:49,199
- Oh. - But I got the message regardless.

559
00:37:51,639 --> 00:37:53,040
Thank you very much for this.

560
00:38:05,619 --> 00:38:06,690
Why are you following me?

561
00:38:07,719 --> 00:38:09,319
I want to sleep next to you today.

562
00:38:09,989 --> 00:38:11,589
You've been quiet for a while. What's up with you?

563
00:38:12,460 --> 00:38:13,489
As for Chung Ah...

564
00:38:15,860 --> 00:38:18,199
I believe I've finished everything I had to do.

565
00:38:23,670 --> 00:38:24,738
(Snail Guesthouse)

566
00:38:24,739 --> 00:38:26,509
You should go home too.

567
00:38:29,170 --> 00:38:31,310
How much longer will you neglect your own problems and feel lost?

568
00:38:32,679 --> 00:38:34,080
Go and tell your father...

569
00:38:34,710 --> 00:38:35,909
that you like being in a band...

570
00:38:36,650 --> 00:38:37,850
and that you don't want to study abroad.

571
00:38:38,719 --> 00:38:40,850
Tell him you're done being his trophy.

572
00:38:42,089 --> 00:38:43,489
No. I'm not leaving.

573
00:38:43,719 --> 00:38:45,719
I don't want to live as your trophy anymore.

574
00:38:46,529 --> 00:38:47,630
Then why didn't you...

575
00:38:48,130 --> 00:38:49,759
tell me sooner about how you felt?

576
00:38:50,900 --> 00:38:52,060
I knew you'd behave this way.

577
00:38:52,529 --> 00:38:54,068
Just like now, you're set in your ways.

578
00:38:54,069 --> 00:38:55,500
You still should have told me!

579
00:38:56,170 --> 00:38:58,170
If you had respected me as a parent,

580
00:38:58,699 --> 00:38:59,839
you should have done...

581
00:39:00,670 --> 00:39:02,170
whatever you could to persuade me.

582
00:39:02,569 --> 00:39:04,409
That's what a family does!

583
00:39:04,480 --> 00:39:05,939
How could I have persuaded you?

584
00:39:05,940 --> 00:39:07,710
You can't even hear my music anyway!

585
00:39:13,150 --> 00:39:14,989
If you tell your father, he'll understand too.

586
00:39:15,989 --> 00:39:17,420
He doesn't know because you never told him.

587
00:39:21,460 --> 00:39:22,730
When you guys all leave,

588
00:39:24,560 --> 00:39:26,500
my grandma will be very sad.

589
00:39:37,779 --> 00:39:39,109
(Grandma, I'll make dinner today. Take the day off.)

590
00:39:39,110 --> 00:39:40,549
Grandma, are you really going to be like this?

591
00:39:41,250 --> 00:39:42,709
I can't believe this.

592
00:39:42,710 --> 00:39:44,880
How could you like a stranger more than your own grandson?

593
00:39:44,980 --> 00:39:48,588
If you're going to keep talking nonsense, get out and wash up.

594
00:39:48,589 --> 00:39:49,989
I am not talking nonsense.

595
00:39:50,159 --> 00:39:51,588
You like Eun Gyeol more than me,

596
00:39:51,589 --> 00:39:54,429
and you and Chung Ah became best friends in just one day.

597
00:39:55,029 --> 00:39:56,029
You brat.

598
00:39:56,429 --> 00:39:59,360
He's no match for my grandson, no matter how adorable he is.

599
00:40:00,069 --> 00:40:02,129
Try bringing me a truck full of Shin Seong Il and his look-alikes,

600
00:40:02,130 --> 00:40:03,469
and see if I'd trade you for them.

601
00:40:04,969 --> 00:40:06,968
My gosh. I'm sorry, Mr. Tutor.

602
00:40:06,969 --> 00:40:08,270
Oh, don't be sorry.

603
00:40:08,339 --> 00:40:10,309
Why do you adore me? And how much do you adore me?

604
00:40:10,310 --> 00:40:13,138
Goodness. Hey, get out and wash up.

605
00:40:13,139 --> 00:40:14,549
I should get some sleep.

606
00:40:14,679 --> 00:40:16,380
Come on. Tell me.

607
00:40:16,619 --> 00:40:19,279
Why do you adore me so much?

608
00:40:22,690 --> 00:40:23,759
Oh, boy.

609
00:40:24,889 --> 00:40:26,389
Even though you went through so much...

610
00:40:28,560 --> 00:40:31,129
at such a young age,

611
00:40:31,130 --> 00:40:33,670
you're still a good boy...

612
00:40:33,869 --> 00:40:35,630
and have never once rebelled.

613
00:40:36,199 --> 00:40:37,969
You're not a crybaby.

614
00:40:39,600 --> 00:40:42,540
You're healthy, both physically and mentally. That's why I adore you.

615
00:40:43,509 --> 00:40:47,049
That's the best thing, you know.

616
00:40:54,119 --> 00:40:56,889
Well, I should sleep...

617
00:40:57,960 --> 00:40:59,759
next to Ms. Go Yang Hee today. It's been too long.

618
00:41:01,360 --> 00:41:02,730
Me too!

619
00:41:03,029 --> 00:41:04,428
Let me join.

620
00:41:04,429 --> 00:41:06,428
Hey, how dare you? She's my grandma!

621
00:41:06,429 --> 00:41:08,329
You guys aren't kids anymore.

622
00:41:08,330 --> 00:41:09,568
She's my grandma too!

623
00:41:09,569 --> 00:41:11,568
- Grandma, tell him to go away. - Why are you guys being like this?

624
00:41:11,569 --> 00:41:13,439
- She's my grandma. - Leave my grandma alone!

625
00:41:13,440 --> 00:41:15,469
- Hey, seriously. - My goodness.

626
00:41:46,299 --> 00:41:47,440
Hey, you scared me.

627
00:41:48,009 --> 00:41:49,069
Why are you still up?

628
00:41:49,610 --> 00:41:50,810
How do you know this song?

629
00:41:51,239 --> 00:41:53,810
What do you mean? I wrote this song.

630
00:41:56,009 --> 00:41:57,150
What is this?

631
00:41:57,949 --> 00:41:59,849
Take a listen to the song in it...

632
00:41:59,850 --> 00:42:01,719
and try to come up with a guitar riff for it.

633
00:42:02,520 --> 00:42:04,060
If I think it sounds good enough,

634
00:42:04,889 --> 00:42:07,489
I'll give you that guitar. I know you want it.

635
00:42:07,889 --> 00:42:08,989
Really?

636
00:42:09,429 --> 00:42:10,929
Are you really going to give me that guitar?

637
00:42:11,630 --> 00:42:13,928
I said, "If I think it sounds good enough."

638
00:42:13,929 --> 00:42:15,529
I clearly said that.

639
00:42:16,369 --> 00:42:17,639
The song isn't complete.

640
00:42:17,940 --> 00:42:19,839
It only has the main melody line for the lead guitar.

641
00:42:20,670 --> 00:42:22,009
Fill in the rest.

642
00:42:22,670 --> 00:42:25,540
But who wrote this melody?

643
00:42:26,409 --> 00:42:28,350
Did you write this?

644
00:42:29,009 --> 00:42:31,119
No, of course not.

645
00:42:32,480 --> 00:42:33,850
You wouldn't know even if I told you.

646
00:42:35,219 --> 00:42:38,119
No. No one would know.

647
00:42:39,219 --> 00:42:41,130
It was written by an artist no one knew.

648
00:42:42,929 --> 00:42:46,330
No way. Dad was the obscure artist?

649
00:42:47,900 --> 00:42:49,699
But how did Mr. Viva know this melody?

650
00:42:50,069 --> 00:42:52,069
Sorry to disturb you while you're spacing out,

651
00:42:52,400 --> 00:42:54,069
but can you close the door at once?

652
00:42:54,509 --> 00:42:56,069
Even the slightest noise can wake my grandma.

653
00:43:05,819 --> 00:43:07,449
You really wrote this song?

654
00:43:08,020 --> 00:43:10,360
Why? Are you surprised to find out that I'm such a genius?

655
00:43:10,920 --> 00:43:11,960
For real?

656
00:43:13,219 --> 00:43:15,290
Are you sure you wrote this melody yourself?

657
00:43:15,860 --> 00:43:17,659
I'm getting offended.

658
00:43:18,130 --> 00:43:19,429
Are you belittling me right now?

659
00:43:20,000 --> 00:43:21,830
Why? Am I not allowed to write a song?

660
00:43:22,199 --> 00:43:24,199
Well, it's not that.

661
00:43:26,069 --> 00:43:28,468
I thought we'd decided to perform "Shining" at the contest.

662
00:43:28,469 --> 00:43:30,139
Why are you writing a song?

663
00:43:34,980 --> 00:43:37,380
I'm going to leave the band once the contest is over.

664
00:43:37,819 --> 00:43:39,580
What? Why?

665
00:43:40,790 --> 00:43:42,489
So Grandma can wear my graduation hat.

666
00:43:44,520 --> 00:43:46,360
It's her wish, so I should make it happen.

667
00:43:47,429 --> 00:43:48,529
What can I do?

668
00:43:48,690 --> 00:43:50,298
In order to grant her wish,

669
00:43:50,299 --> 00:43:52,230
I'll have to study very hard for a while.

670
00:43:53,429 --> 00:43:54,529
And that's why...

671
00:43:55,429 --> 00:43:58,040
I'm dedicating this song to my radiant youth.

672
00:43:59,199 --> 00:44:00,969
Are you going to give up on music?

673
00:44:05,880 --> 00:44:06,949
Of course, I won't.

674
00:44:08,310 --> 00:44:11,449
I just want to compose this now, before I forget how youth felt.

675
00:44:12,520 --> 00:44:13,989
My next goal is...

676
00:44:15,650 --> 00:44:16,790
the Campus Song Festival.

677
00:44:20,130 --> 00:44:22,289
But the thing is, I wrote the middle part,

678
00:44:22,290 --> 00:44:24,860
but I don't know what to do with the beginning and end of it.

679
00:44:26,529 --> 00:44:29,699
Please grant his wish.

680
00:44:33,839 --> 00:44:35,040
Let's work on it together.

681
00:44:36,170 --> 00:44:37,880
Let's complete this song together.

682
00:44:38,639 --> 00:44:40,250
- For real? - Yes.

683
00:44:40,449 --> 00:44:41,879
I'd love that!

684
00:44:41,880 --> 00:44:44,819
But you'll have to promise me two things.

685
00:44:45,250 --> 00:44:46,719
Seriously? You're such a jerk.

686
00:44:47,949 --> 00:44:49,019
Tell me what they are.

687
00:44:49,020 --> 00:44:52,019
First, no one can hear this song...

688
00:44:52,020 --> 00:44:54,389
until you participate in the Campus Song Festival.

689
00:44:55,460 --> 00:44:57,230
Okay. What's the other one?

690
00:44:57,630 --> 00:45:01,230
Tomorrow, you won't go out. You'll just stay home all day.

691
00:45:03,429 --> 00:45:04,569
You're at it again?

692
00:45:05,440 --> 00:45:07,238
I know that you won't get it.

693
00:45:07,239 --> 00:45:09,569
- But I can't tell you... - Okay.

694
00:45:11,040 --> 00:45:12,679
- Did you just say "Okay?" - Yes.

695
00:45:13,040 --> 00:45:16,210
But why would you agree to it right away without asking for the reason?

696
00:45:16,850 --> 00:45:18,020
You're making me anxious.

697
00:45:18,449 --> 00:45:19,650
I thought about it...

698
00:45:20,549 --> 00:45:23,860
and realized that everything you had asked me to do was for my own sake.

699
00:45:25,589 --> 00:45:29,130
Please don't ruin his dream.

700
00:45:30,830 --> 00:45:33,259
Here. Get started.

701
00:45:35,029 --> 00:45:37,270
Please let him be happy.

702
00:45:37,339 --> 00:45:39,770
I can record this, right? I'm afraid I'd forget.

703
00:45:44,139 --> 00:45:45,710
(Record)

704
00:45:46,339 --> 00:45:47,949
Please help him...

705
00:45:49,449 --> 00:45:51,179
so his youth can keep on twinkling.

706
00:45:53,650 --> 00:45:55,489
If anyone's listening, please...

707
00:46:48,210 --> 00:46:50,380
Please grant my desperate wish.

708
00:46:57,020 --> 00:46:59,678
Hey, let's play together!

709
00:46:59,679 --> 00:47:01,289
(June 6, 1995, after Eun Gyeol's time slip)

710
00:47:01,290 --> 00:47:03,218
Today, we celebrated the 40th Memorial Day...

711
00:47:03,219 --> 00:47:05,618
after 50 years of independence.

712
00:47:05,619 --> 00:47:06,988
Oh, dried pollack soup!

713
00:47:06,989 --> 00:47:08,388
Ms. Go, you read my mind.

714
00:47:08,389 --> 00:47:09,729
My, this looks amazing.

715
00:47:09,730 --> 00:47:13,798
You guys drink all night whenever there is a holiday.

716
00:47:13,799 --> 00:47:15,829
Your parents back home are working themselves to the bone...

717
00:47:15,830 --> 00:47:19,299
- to pay for your education. - Ms. Go! Can I have some food too?

718
00:47:20,739 --> 00:47:23,469
You haven't eaten yet? What have you been doing?

719
00:47:23,679 --> 00:47:24,939
Are you hungover too?

720
00:47:24,940 --> 00:47:27,850
Gosh, I purposely came here on an empty stomach to eat your food.

721
00:47:29,650 --> 00:47:31,548
- Anyway, where is Yi Chan? - No idea.

722
00:47:31,549 --> 00:47:34,988
He's been stuck in his room with his guitar since yesterday.

723
00:47:34,989 --> 00:47:37,389
I think he's just been lounging around all day.

724
00:47:41,560 --> 00:47:42,659
Hey, Yi Chan!

725
00:47:42,960 --> 00:47:45,658
Don't make me set the table twice. Come out and eat now!

726
00:47:45,659 --> 00:47:46,759
My gosh.

727
00:47:48,170 --> 00:47:49,230
Thank you.

728
00:47:49,929 --> 00:47:51,169
Grandma.

729
00:47:51,170 --> 00:47:52,999
I was recording something very important.

730
00:47:53,000 --> 00:47:54,739
Your voice got recorded too!

731
00:47:58,710 --> 00:48:00,580
- Ma Joo, why are you here? - What?

732
00:48:00,980 --> 00:48:02,279
Eun Gyeol called me here.

733
00:48:02,909 --> 00:48:04,678
He said we'd practice here today.

734
00:48:04,679 --> 00:48:06,618
- Ms. Go! Can we have some food too? - Feed us too!

735
00:48:06,619 --> 00:48:08,089
- Feed us! - Hey, you!

736
00:48:08,690 --> 00:48:09,690
Hello!

737
00:48:09,691 --> 00:48:12,060
- Goodness. Thank you for the meal. - Hey, move.

738
00:48:12,589 --> 00:48:14,158
- Oh, boy. Thank you. - All right.

739
00:48:14,159 --> 00:48:15,689
- Hello! - Boys, you should've called me...

740
00:48:15,690 --> 00:48:18,059
to tell me that you were all coming over.

741
00:48:18,060 --> 00:48:19,758
- Let's go. - Hey, eat the side dishes first.

742
00:48:19,759 --> 00:48:21,169
- Okay! - Okay!

743
00:48:21,170 --> 00:48:22,230
Hey, pass me the chopsticks.

744
00:48:22,600 --> 00:48:24,400
You invited them over when this isn't even your house?

745
00:48:25,799 --> 00:48:27,639
Bal San, how do you take care of your hair?

746
00:48:28,110 --> 00:48:29,509
I try not to wash it often.

747
00:48:30,480 --> 00:48:31,678
My gosh. It's so long now.

748
00:48:31,679 --> 00:48:34,149
Bal San, what do you do to grow your hair so quickly?

749
00:48:34,150 --> 00:48:35,778
Think lots of dirty thoughts.

750
00:48:35,779 --> 00:48:38,278
Sung Dae, I heard your girlfriend dumped you.

751
00:48:38,279 --> 00:48:39,650
Yes, for thinking lots of dirty thoughts.

752
00:48:40,650 --> 00:48:42,549
- My goodness. - Hey, we're eating now.

753
00:48:43,619 --> 00:48:44,619
Gosh.

754
00:48:44,989 --> 00:48:47,658
I only heard that his friend regretted not going there...

755
00:48:47,659 --> 00:48:50,259
with Yi Chan that day and blamed himself for it.

756
00:48:52,400 --> 00:48:54,630
What? Got something to say to me?

757
00:48:57,540 --> 00:49:00,139
Stay with Yi Chan today, no matter what.

758
00:49:00,909 --> 00:49:04,009
No. Stay glued to him even when you get older.

759
00:49:04,440 --> 00:49:05,809
Never cut off contact with him.

760
00:49:05,810 --> 00:49:09,080
My gosh. I have to see that idiot even when I'm older?

761
00:49:09,909 --> 00:49:11,879
Where are you going that you're dumping this bomb on me?

762
00:49:11,880 --> 00:49:13,519
Hey, why are you calling me a bomb?

763
00:49:13,520 --> 00:49:14,719
Because you are a bomb!

764
00:49:14,850 --> 00:49:16,489
Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere.

765
00:49:17,759 --> 00:49:19,619
I'll always stay right by your side too.

766
00:49:24,529 --> 00:49:25,729
(The 2nd Hongdae Culture Festival)

767
00:49:25,730 --> 00:49:28,000
Come and check out these oriental melons.

768
00:49:29,029 --> 00:49:31,399
- I can't pinpoint the exact time, - Oriental melons!

769
00:49:31,400 --> 00:49:34,239
- but we can narrow it down. - Fresh oriental melons are here.

770
00:49:34,409 --> 00:49:36,310
All right. Come and try it.

771
00:49:36,409 --> 00:49:38,278
When their late lunch begins at the guesthouse,

772
00:49:38,279 --> 00:49:39,409
we'll start the countdown.

773
00:49:40,449 --> 00:49:42,408
Okay. Then just in case,

774
00:49:42,409 --> 00:49:44,119
I'll go to the scene in the morning and wait there.

775
00:49:44,380 --> 00:49:46,278
As soon as the lunch begins,

776
00:49:46,279 --> 00:49:47,819
leave me a voicemail message.

777
00:49:47,949 --> 00:49:48,949
Okay.

778
00:49:49,449 --> 00:49:50,859
The same goes for the site of the accident.

779
00:49:50,860 --> 00:49:52,190
We can narrow it down.

780
00:49:52,659 --> 00:49:54,488
When Yi Chan is visiting White Night Music,

781
00:49:54,489 --> 00:49:56,159
he normally takes this route.

782
00:49:56,290 --> 00:49:58,429
And this is the only road with street vendors.

783
00:49:59,130 --> 00:50:00,198
The accident...

784
00:50:00,199 --> 00:50:02,529
(Hardware store, used bookstore, cafe)

785
00:50:03,069 --> 00:50:04,770
It'll most likely take place here.

786
00:50:06,270 --> 00:50:07,939
- These huge oriental melons... - Hello.

787
00:50:07,940 --> 00:50:10,439
- Yes, hello. - They look so fresh.

788
00:50:10,440 --> 00:50:11,979
- Can I get this one? - Sure.

789
00:50:11,980 --> 00:50:13,540
- That one? - Yes.

790
00:50:17,150 --> 00:50:18,380
Could you give me this for free?

791
00:50:19,779 --> 00:50:21,488
There are many cars here, so it's dangerous.

792
00:50:21,489 --> 00:50:23,419
Where's your mom? I'll take you to your mom.

793
00:50:23,420 --> 00:50:24,789
Why are you doing this?

794
00:50:24,790 --> 00:50:25,819
No!

795
00:50:26,089 --> 00:50:28,929
Wait! It's dangerous here with all the cars around.

796
00:50:32,730 --> 00:50:34,529
- Shoot. - Hey, it splashed on me.

797
00:50:34,799 --> 00:50:37,568
Sorry. How did I drop it?

798
00:50:37,569 --> 00:50:39,968
- Darn it. - It splashed all over the place!

799
00:50:39,969 --> 00:50:41,338
I said we should start the meeting.

800
00:50:41,339 --> 00:50:45,210
Why did you have to go and bring the juice?

801
00:50:47,279 --> 00:50:49,009
Hey, I'll get it.

802
00:50:56,449 --> 00:50:57,488
Hello?

803
00:50:57,489 --> 00:50:58,659
How could you drink and drive?

804
00:50:58,819 --> 00:51:00,419
Did you want to get someone killed?

805
00:51:00,420 --> 00:51:01,489
It's me.

806
00:51:01,560 --> 00:51:03,259
Are you all right? Are you not hurt?

807
00:51:03,589 --> 00:51:04,699
Congratulations, Ha Eun Gyeol.

808
00:51:06,029 --> 00:51:07,130
It's all over.

809
00:51:07,469 --> 00:51:08,869
I checked, with my own eyes.

810
00:51:10,199 --> 00:51:12,699
Yi Chan is safe now.

811
00:51:17,440 --> 00:51:18,610
Thanks, On Eun Yu.

812
00:51:19,610 --> 00:51:21,279
I told you to trust your helper.

813
00:51:23,409 --> 00:51:24,580
Do you want to come over?

814
00:51:25,520 --> 00:51:26,880
Everyone's here.

815
00:51:28,020 --> 00:51:29,089
I want to see you.

816
00:51:29,520 --> 00:51:30,860
Okay, I'll join you guys.

817
00:51:31,119 --> 00:51:32,520
After checking one more thing.

818
00:51:32,790 --> 00:51:34,690
You still have to check something?

819
00:51:34,790 --> 00:51:38,230
Well, just to satisfy my personal curiosity.

820
00:51:38,860 --> 00:51:40,429
(White Night)

821
00:51:45,139 --> 00:51:48,770
Who was the person that visited my grandfather that day?

822
00:51:55,779 --> 00:51:57,318
(White Night)

823
00:51:57,319 --> 00:51:58,850
(Used Musical Instruments)

824
00:52:08,589 --> 00:52:11,199
So, Mom was that visitor?

825
00:52:32,580 --> 00:52:33,850
Taxi!

826
00:52:39,759 --> 00:52:42,859
Sir, could you follow that taxi? Please hurry.

827
00:52:42,860 --> 00:52:44,060
Do not lose it.

828
00:52:44,429 --> 00:52:45,860
I can't guarantee you anything.

829
00:52:47,369 --> 00:52:49,529
There was a time when I felt lost too.

830
00:52:50,130 --> 00:52:52,069
Whatever. I bet you were just pretending.

831
00:52:52,670 --> 00:52:55,008
No, I swear. I'm telling you the truth.

832
00:52:55,009 --> 00:52:58,039
I ran away from home, just once.

833
00:52:58,040 --> 00:52:59,880
You ran away from home? You?

834
00:53:00,080 --> 00:53:01,110
Yes.

835
00:53:01,610 --> 00:53:03,908
I believe it was shortly after I'd moved to the US.

836
00:53:03,909 --> 00:53:07,749
I ran away and came back to Korea without telling your grandparents.

837
00:53:07,750 --> 00:53:10,690
My gosh. What was the first thing you did once you came back?

838
00:53:11,060 --> 00:53:12,190
I met my biological father.

839
00:53:16,929 --> 00:53:18,630
I had many questions for him,

840
00:53:19,630 --> 00:53:21,330
and there were many things I wanted to hear from him,

841
00:53:22,299 --> 00:53:23,600
but I couldn't say a word.

842
00:53:26,069 --> 00:53:27,810
The same goes for him. We just...

843
00:53:35,009 --> 00:53:36,380
I had a cup of tea and left.

844
00:53:38,520 --> 00:53:41,549
After that, I didn't see him again...

845
00:53:42,290 --> 00:53:43,589
until the day of his funeral.

846
00:53:49,130 --> 00:53:51,560
What? Hold on. Why did you stop?

847
00:53:52,199 --> 00:53:55,469
Oh, boy. It'd be nice if life was like a movie.

848
00:54:15,989 --> 00:54:17,989
You said you'd come over. Why didn't you call me?

849
00:54:18,360 --> 00:54:20,020
Do you know how worried I was?

850
00:54:21,389 --> 00:54:22,929
I thought something had happened.

851
00:54:26,529 --> 00:54:27,529
What's wrong?

852
00:54:28,600 --> 00:54:29,869
Did something happen?

853
00:54:31,199 --> 00:54:32,739
I had checked everything...

854
00:54:33,869 --> 00:54:36,239
except for one thing, so I was feeling anxious.

855
00:54:36,940 --> 00:54:38,580
What was the thing you couldn't check?

856
00:54:39,009 --> 00:54:41,210
The person who visited White Night Music that day.

857
00:54:43,480 --> 00:54:44,949
So? Did you check?

858
00:54:48,089 --> 00:54:49,150
Who was it?

859
00:54:49,520 --> 00:54:50,989
Is it someone I know?

860
00:54:59,130 --> 00:55:00,130
My mom.

861
00:55:01,069 --> 00:55:02,069
Choi Se Gyeong.

862
00:55:05,969 --> 00:55:09,539
Hey! Get up, will you?

863
00:55:09,540 --> 00:55:10,980
Aren't we going to talk about the arrangement?

864
00:55:11,639 --> 00:55:13,939
We can wait until Eun Gyeol is back, can't we?

865
00:55:13,940 --> 00:55:16,880
Hey, you guys won't get any work done once Se Gyeong gets here.

866
00:55:18,549 --> 00:55:19,678
Get up right now!

867
00:55:19,679 --> 00:55:22,020
- I feel so lazy. - Let's take a break.

868
00:55:22,650 --> 00:55:25,060
Hey, Yi Chan. Where is the recording of the demo track?

869
00:55:28,330 --> 00:55:29,389
Is that it?

870
00:55:32,230 --> 00:55:33,799
Gosh.

871
00:55:52,250 --> 00:55:54,520
- No! - Gosh, you scared me.

872
00:55:55,520 --> 00:55:57,088
This song cannot be revealed to anyone.

873
00:55:57,089 --> 00:55:58,119
What?

874
00:55:58,389 --> 00:56:01,329
Are you two planning to participate in a different contest without us?

875
00:56:01,330 --> 00:56:02,359
I'm not like you.

876
00:56:02,360 --> 00:56:03,988
Did you copy someone else's song?

877
00:56:03,989 --> 00:56:05,428
Do you have a death wish?

878
00:56:05,429 --> 00:56:08,500
Composed by Ha Yi Chan and Ha Eun Gyeol. We wrote it together.

879
00:56:09,069 --> 00:56:10,499
Then why can't it be revealed?

880
00:56:10,500 --> 00:56:11,638
You don't need to know.

881
00:56:11,639 --> 00:56:13,440
Stop prying, or you'll get hurt.

882
00:56:14,770 --> 00:56:16,569
Hey, this is great.

883
00:56:16,839 --> 00:56:20,109
I was anxious about competing against Ilyoung High with one song.

884
00:56:20,110 --> 00:56:21,209
I have a good feeling about this.

885
00:56:21,210 --> 00:56:22,879
"A Song for You."

886
00:56:22,880 --> 00:56:24,249
Yes, I like it too.

887
00:56:24,250 --> 00:56:26,749
It'll stand out among all the rock songs.

888
00:56:26,750 --> 00:56:28,519
We'll have a greater chance of winning with this.

889
00:56:28,520 --> 00:56:31,189
Hey, are your ears all clogged?

890
00:56:31,190 --> 00:56:32,258
Did you not hear what I said?

891
00:56:32,259 --> 00:56:34,289
I cannot reveal this song.

892
00:56:34,290 --> 00:56:36,089
I promised Eun Gyeol that I wouldn't!

893
00:56:37,290 --> 00:56:38,798
- Then... - Yes.

894
00:56:38,799 --> 00:56:40,099
Get him!

895
00:56:40,100 --> 00:56:41,499
- Hey! - Take it away from him!

896
00:56:41,500 --> 00:56:43,629
- Hold him. - Grab it! Hurry up!

897
00:56:43,630 --> 00:56:45,698
- No! - I'll ask Mr. Jonathan...

898
00:56:45,699 --> 00:56:47,099
which song is better.

899
00:56:47,100 --> 00:56:50,039
- Hey. Darn you! - Keep him here for ten minutes.

900
00:56:50,040 --> 00:56:51,738
- Okay, got it. - Ma Joo! Hold on.

901
00:56:51,739 --> 00:56:55,710
- Let go of me! - Hey, calm down.

902
00:56:58,080 --> 00:56:59,150
But I don't get it.

903
00:56:59,949 --> 00:57:01,689
Why did she suddenly come back from the US?

904
00:57:01,690 --> 00:57:04,960
More importantly, why did your mother go to White Night Music?

905
00:57:05,460 --> 00:57:06,719
Because he's my maternal grandfather.

906
00:57:07,520 --> 00:57:08,560
What?

907
00:57:08,960 --> 00:57:12,830
Mr. Jonathan at White Night Music is my maternal grandfather.

908
00:57:13,429 --> 00:57:14,670
What are you talking about?

909
00:57:15,429 --> 00:57:17,569
Your maternal grandfather is a physics professor.

910
00:57:18,400 --> 00:57:21,869
He is my mom's adoptive father.

911
00:57:22,610 --> 00:57:24,908
If you don't mind me asking,

912
00:57:24,909 --> 00:57:28,080
how did you know Mr. Viva?

913
00:57:29,279 --> 00:57:30,310
I'm his daughter.

914
00:57:35,089 --> 00:57:36,119
Hey, what's wrong?

915
00:57:37,219 --> 00:57:38,360
The two of us...

916
00:57:40,860 --> 00:57:41,989
have met in the past.

917
00:57:42,690 --> 00:57:44,699
What? Us?

918
00:57:45,460 --> 00:57:46,529
When?

919
00:57:46,860 --> 00:57:48,400
The day when your mother...

920
00:57:48,969 --> 00:57:51,739
gave me the guitar your grandfather had left behind for me.

921
00:58:01,179 --> 00:58:02,210
She's good, isn't she?

922
00:58:03,949 --> 00:58:06,020
She's my daughter. She wants to be a cellist.

923
00:58:06,179 --> 00:58:07,819
She's 18 too, just like you.

924
00:58:08,719 --> 00:58:09,719
And...

925
00:58:11,520 --> 00:58:13,159
we met at his funeral too.

926
00:58:13,290 --> 00:58:15,230
(In Mourning)

927
00:58:21,569 --> 00:58:23,799
(Viva Music)

928
00:58:36,009 --> 00:58:38,219
That boy was you?

929
00:58:39,150 --> 00:58:40,150
Yes.

930
00:58:41,549 --> 00:58:44,690
But what were you doing at my grandfather's funeral?

931
00:58:45,790 --> 00:58:47,360
He was my mentor.

932
00:58:47,759 --> 00:58:48,759
What?

933
00:58:49,589 --> 00:58:51,900
He saved me when I was being bullied in school.

934
00:58:53,360 --> 00:58:55,199
He was the one who taught me music...

935
00:58:57,799 --> 00:59:00,040
and taught me what "CODA" meant.

936
00:59:04,710 --> 00:59:06,980
I must go meet him now.

937
00:59:08,080 --> 00:59:09,150
Hey.

938
00:59:18,719 --> 00:59:20,159
Oh Ma Joo!

939
00:59:20,690 --> 00:59:22,790
- Shoot. - Hey, wait!

940
00:59:23,529 --> 00:59:25,499
Hand it over while I'm still talking nicely to you.

941
00:59:25,500 --> 00:59:27,459
You really can't do this.

942
00:59:27,460 --> 00:59:29,770
I promised him to make sure no one would hear it.

943
00:59:29,929 --> 00:59:30,929
Hey!

944
00:59:31,670 --> 00:59:34,638
It's too late. We have all heard the song already!

945
00:59:34,639 --> 00:59:35,710
Gosh.

946
00:59:36,469 --> 00:59:37,539
Hey!

947
00:59:37,540 --> 00:59:40,638
Eun Gyeol will flip out if he finds out that I left the house.

948
00:59:40,639 --> 00:59:43,779
Since when did you do exactly as he said?

949
00:59:45,719 --> 00:59:46,719
Oh.

950
00:59:48,520 --> 00:59:49,549
Shoot.

951
00:59:52,020 --> 00:59:54,658
Your father is paging you, right? Go and be a good son.

952
00:59:54,659 --> 00:59:55,889
Hey, wait!

953
00:59:56,830 --> 00:59:58,259
For real, okay?

954
00:59:58,360 --> 01:00:00,359
You know I'm not doing this for my own sake.

955
01:00:00,360 --> 01:00:03,129
So let's go and ask Mr. Jonathan.

956
01:00:03,130 --> 01:00:04,698
Ask him which song is better.

957
01:00:04,699 --> 01:00:06,940
- Hey, I can't... - You are our front man!

958
01:00:09,170 --> 01:00:10,170
I'm counting on you.

959
01:00:10,770 --> 01:00:12,940
(White Night)

960
01:00:22,049 --> 01:00:23,250
Gosh.

961
01:00:36,830 --> 01:00:39,770
(Viva Music)

962
01:00:49,880 --> 01:00:50,949
Dry yourself.

963
01:00:51,179 --> 01:00:52,779
You'll catch a cold if you stay like that.

964
01:00:56,420 --> 01:00:57,420
It's okay.

965
01:00:57,619 --> 01:00:59,319
Stuff like that can happen in your youth.

966
01:01:04,730 --> 01:01:06,130
I can't believe I had no idea.

967
01:01:15,909 --> 01:01:18,279
I can't believe I didn't recognize Mr. Viva.

968
01:01:33,319 --> 01:01:34,388
Oh, no.

969
01:01:34,389 --> 01:01:36,989
- Gosh, is he okay? - Call 911!

970
01:02:01,080 --> 01:02:03,349
("A Song for You")

971
01:02:03,350 --> 01:02:06,859
Special thanks to Ha Eun Gyeol.

972
01:02:06,860 --> 01:02:08,059
("A Song for You")

973
01:02:08,060 --> 01:02:09,859
Thanks to you, I was able to complete this song.

974
01:02:09,860 --> 01:02:11,298
(Song by Ha Yi Chan and Ha Eun Gyeol)

975
01:02:11,299 --> 01:02:12,630
Looking back, I realized...

976
01:02:13,799 --> 01:02:15,900
that this song wasn't the only thing you helped me complete.

977
01:02:16,929 --> 01:02:18,469
When I wanted something,

978
01:02:19,469 --> 01:02:22,469
when I felt like I lacked something, when I was in despair,

979
01:02:25,580 --> 01:02:26,880
and even at my most radiant moments,

980
01:02:28,009 --> 01:02:29,610
you were always there with me.

981
01:02:32,179 --> 01:02:33,850
You lied to me that you were my son.

982
01:02:37,020 --> 01:02:38,089
But you know what?

983
01:02:41,089 --> 01:02:42,790
For some reason, I felt as though you were like my father.

984
01:02:45,060 --> 01:02:47,259
Even though I have never experienced a father's love,

985
01:02:51,639 --> 01:02:53,270
I got to experience something similar thanks to you.

986
01:02:59,139 --> 01:03:01,509
Son, thank you.

987
01:03:03,080 --> 01:03:04,179
But...

988
01:03:05,580 --> 01:03:07,619
in my next life, I'll be born as your father.

989
01:03:14,489 --> 01:03:15,659
Hey, Yi Chan!

990
01:03:15,860 --> 01:03:18,658
Don't make me set the table twice. Come out and eat now!

991
01:03:18,659 --> 01:03:19,730
My gosh.

992
01:03:30,409 --> 01:03:32,210
If anyone's listening, please...

993
01:03:34,949 --> 01:03:36,949
Please grant my desperate wish.

994
01:03:41,219 --> 01:03:42,219
Can you hear me?

995
01:03:43,790 --> 01:03:44,889
My voice.

996
01:03:45,960 --> 01:03:47,020
Can you hear it?

997
01:04:08,909 --> 01:04:10,949
I'm sorry, Dad...

998
01:04:13,219 --> 01:04:15,549
(The 2nd Hongdae Culture Festival)

999
01:04:19,319 --> 01:04:25,330
We met while wandering

1000
01:04:26,730 --> 01:04:31,839
Through time

1001
01:04:33,839 --> 01:04:40,509
Among the countless people

1002
01:04:41,210 --> 01:04:46,880
I recognized you

1003
01:05:19,350 --> 01:05:24,249
(Twinkling Watermelon)

1004
01:05:24,250 --> 01:05:25,689
Wrap up your journey...

1005
01:05:25,690 --> 01:05:27,758
and come to the place where you arrived.

1006
01:05:27,759 --> 01:05:29,528
Do you think I can go back in this situation?

1007
01:05:29,529 --> 01:05:30,729
Where are you going?

1008
01:05:30,730 --> 01:05:32,460
To find the scumbag who made Yi Chan like that.

1009
01:05:32,699 --> 01:05:35,670
Please open your eyes.

1010
01:05:35,929 --> 01:05:37,629
I'm sure all your efforts...

1011
01:05:37,630 --> 01:05:39,699
changed the situation for the better.

1012
01:05:39,839 --> 01:05:42,738
So let's now return to the world where we belong.

1013
01:05:42,739 --> 01:05:44,138
This isn't your fault.

1014
01:05:44,139 --> 01:05:45,710
Accidents are just accidents.

1015
01:05:45,980 --> 01:05:47,379
Don't even look back, and leave.

1016
01:05:47,380 --> 01:05:48,979
If you decide to stay,

1017
01:05:48,980 --> 01:05:52,548
your life in 2023 will disappear.

1018
01:05:52,549 --> 01:05:54,119
Will you be okay with that?