
1
00:00:18,893 --> 00:00:20,437
WE
2
00:00:20,520 --> 00:00:22,897
MET
3
00:00:32,991 --> 00:00:34,367
THE TWO OF THEM
4
00:00:34,451 --> 00:00:38,121
MET MANY PEOPLE
5
00:00:38,621 --> 00:00:43,126
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER
6
00:00:45,336 --> 00:00:47,380
AND READ MANY BOOKS
7
00:00:47,464 --> 00:00:50,258
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING
8
00:00:50,759 --> 00:00:53,845
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION
9
00:00:55,180 --> 00:00:59,392
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU
10
00:01:02,896 --> 00:01:09,277
VOLUME 11
11
00:01:16,993 --> 00:01:19,496
Kang Dan-i, age 37,
12
00:01:20,872 --> 00:01:23,958
How many times I have kissed a guy before?
Countless times.
13
00:01:24,042 --> 00:01:25,627
That little peck on the lips?
14
00:01:37,555 --> 00:01:40,767
That was like a headbutt
between two people's lips.
15
00:01:40,850 --> 00:01:43,102
Why am I embarrassed and bothered
by that stupid headbutt?
16
00:01:43,686 --> 00:01:44,854
I'm old enough to know better.
17
00:01:45,438 --> 00:01:47,941
So I should be mature about it.
It was nothing.
18
00:01:48,441 --> 00:01:50,652
I mean, I'm older than him.
I'll be mature about it.
19
00:01:50,902 --> 00:01:53,113
It was just like a headbutt.
His lips hit mine like this.
20
00:01:53,196 --> 00:01:54,989
It was just like this.
21
00:02:10,380 --> 00:02:11,464
Thanks.
22
00:02:12,340 --> 00:02:15,802
Friend, it sounds like last night
was quite eventful for you.
23
00:02:15,885 --> 00:02:17,679
No, it's not--
24
00:02:17,762 --> 00:02:20,390
I envy you. A guy kissed you?
25
00:02:22,267 --> 00:02:24,936
It wasn't a kiss. It was just a little...
26
00:02:25,019 --> 00:02:27,730
It was nothing more than his lips
gently touching mine like this.
27
00:02:27,814 --> 00:02:29,816
That's huge.
28
00:02:29,899 --> 00:02:33,528
I can't even remember when I last
had a guy within this radius.
29
00:02:33,611 --> 00:02:36,364
If it happens again,
I won't let the guy go.
30
00:02:37,490 --> 00:02:38,992
Is he younger than you?
31
00:02:39,075 --> 00:02:41,327
I overheard you saying
you're older than him.
32
00:02:41,911 --> 00:02:44,956
He's just a friend of mine
who's like a brother to me.
33
00:02:45,039 --> 00:02:47,542
So, he is younger than you.
34
00:02:48,126 --> 00:02:50,003
Gosh, I envy you so much.
35
00:02:50,086 --> 00:02:53,631
A guy who's younger than you kissed you.
36
00:02:53,715 --> 00:02:55,842
God, I'm so jealous!
37
00:02:55,925 --> 00:02:58,052
Good for you, seriously.
38
00:03:26,664 --> 00:03:27,707
She didn't hear it, right?
39
00:03:28,166 --> 00:03:29,167
I'm sure she didn't.
40
00:03:29,250 --> 00:03:32,378
Friend, you're hoping for
something impossible to happen.
41
00:03:32,462 --> 00:03:33,588
She obviously heard it all.
42
00:03:44,641 --> 00:03:45,642
{\an8}Oh, my.
43
00:03:46,017 --> 00:03:47,435
{\an8}Hello! Good morning, everyone.
44
00:03:47,518 --> 00:03:49,854
{\an8}-Hello.
-Hello, Mr. Cha. Hi, Hoon.
45
00:03:51,022 --> 00:03:53,733
{\an8}I have big news.
Dan-i on the task support team
46
00:03:53,816 --> 00:03:55,485
{\an8}kissed a guy last night.
47
00:03:56,402 --> 00:03:59,489
{\an8}Apparently, he's a friend of hers
who's younger than her.
48
00:04:00,949 --> 00:04:02,200
{\an8}How did you find out?
49
00:04:02,283 --> 00:04:05,078
{\an8}She kept telling herself this
over and over in the ladies' room.
50
00:04:05,620 --> 00:04:08,122
{\an8}"It was nothing. I should be
mature about it." I heard it.
51
00:04:10,375 --> 00:04:12,627
She sure keeps up with the latest trends,
don't you think?
52
00:04:12,961 --> 00:04:16,005
It's trendy for women to date younger men
these days.
53
00:04:32,480 --> 00:04:34,107
Why did you skip breakfast?
54
00:04:35,775 --> 00:04:37,944
It's none of your business.
Why do you care?
55
00:04:40,446 --> 00:04:43,283
It breaks my heart to see
the woman I love skip meals.
56
00:04:43,366 --> 00:04:44,701
Don't get cheeky with me.
57
00:04:44,784 --> 00:04:47,287
I only let it slide
because I was out of it yesterday.
58
00:04:47,370 --> 00:04:49,664
Why were you out of it? Was it that nice?
59
00:04:51,791 --> 00:04:53,251
Do you have a death wish?
60
00:04:53,334 --> 00:04:54,669
Dan-i!
61
00:04:56,421 --> 00:04:59,090
Dan-i, why aren't you answering?
62
00:05:01,175 --> 00:05:03,011
Yes, Mr. Cha.
63
00:05:06,514 --> 00:05:07,640
About last night...
64
00:05:08,975 --> 00:05:10,101
I thought it was nice.
65
00:05:14,689 --> 00:05:15,815
Please tidy up.
66
00:05:18,735 --> 00:05:19,777
This is nuts!
67
00:05:21,571 --> 00:05:22,572
Gosh, what the heck.
68
00:05:25,199 --> 00:05:26,075
Come in.
69
00:05:31,497 --> 00:05:32,332
Mr. Kim.
70
00:05:32,415 --> 00:05:36,544
I figured you'd want an update on
the contract with Giorgio Bertossi.
71
00:05:36,919 --> 00:05:39,172
I tried booking a meeting with him
through his agency,
72
00:05:39,255 --> 00:05:41,799
but they're taking excruciatingly long
to get back to me.
73
00:05:41,883 --> 00:05:44,635
This agency screwed us over
three years ago.
74
00:05:44,719 --> 00:05:48,598
Exactly. That's why I pulled some strings
to find out what we can do,
75
00:05:48,806 --> 00:05:51,392
and I found out that he's actually
visiting Korea this week.
76
00:05:51,476 --> 00:05:53,227
He'll be staying for a week.
77
00:05:53,311 --> 00:05:56,731
I reached out to him
through his personal social media account,
78
00:05:56,814 --> 00:05:58,983
and he was surprised
that I knew about his trip.
79
00:05:59,859 --> 00:06:02,361
I mean, even I am surprised
by my own abilities from time to time.
80
00:06:02,445 --> 00:06:06,115
Anyway, I was able to schedule
a meeting with him right away.
81
00:06:09,368 --> 00:06:10,578
-Mr. Kim.
-Yes?
82
00:06:12,747 --> 00:06:13,664
That's great.
83
00:06:13,748 --> 00:06:16,709
I was really hoping
we could sign him this time.
84
00:06:17,460 --> 00:06:18,544
By the way,
85
00:06:19,045 --> 00:06:21,214
you should fix your button.
86
00:06:21,297 --> 00:06:24,092
-My button?
-Not there. Here.
87
00:06:26,260 --> 00:06:27,095
You're right.
88
00:06:28,554 --> 00:06:30,139
You were listening, right?
89
00:06:30,223 --> 00:06:33,226
Yes, of course.
You never let me down, Ms. Go.
90
00:06:34,811 --> 00:06:35,978
Come in.
91
00:06:37,146 --> 00:06:39,273
-Ms. Go, you're here too.
-What brings you here?
92
00:06:42,610 --> 00:06:45,655
Well, it's about <i>The Universe of Yours</i>.
93
00:06:45,738 --> 00:06:48,783
I wrote a written apology
in regard to the sticker incident.
94
00:06:55,915 --> 00:06:57,750
APOLOGY LETTER
NAME: OH JI-YUL
95
00:06:57,834 --> 00:07:00,169
<i>Apology letter, name Oh Ji-yul.</i>
96
00:07:00,378 --> 00:07:02,672
<i>Junior editor
in Content Development Department.</i>
97
00:07:03,506 --> 00:07:06,092
<i>I joined this company without thinking.</i>
98
00:07:06,801 --> 00:07:09,137
<i>I had no choice
since it was the only job offer I got.</i>
99
00:07:09,220 --> 00:07:10,638
This sounds
100
00:07:11,722 --> 00:07:12,932
so informal.
101
00:07:13,015 --> 00:07:15,393
I'm baffled. I'm utterly speechless.
102
00:07:15,476 --> 00:07:17,645
{\an8}<i>I rarely read books.</i>
103
00:07:18,229 --> 00:07:20,273
<i>To be honest, when I got the call
offering me the job,</i>
104
00:07:20,356 --> 00:07:22,275
<i>I thought it'd be boring.</i>
105
00:07:22,817 --> 00:07:25,778
<i>And even now, I can't say it's fun.
Work is work after all, right?</i>
106
00:07:26,612 --> 00:07:29,198
<i>The pay is low, and the employee welfare
program is mediocre,</i>
107
00:07:29,282 --> 00:07:30,491
<i>but there's so much work.</i>
108
00:07:30,616 --> 00:07:33,744
I shouldn't have hired anyone
based solely on their academic background.
109
00:07:35,538 --> 00:07:37,915
That girl still has a long way to go.
110
00:07:37,999 --> 00:07:38,916
<i>There's more.</i>
111
00:07:39,000 --> 00:07:41,878
<i>My direct supervisor, Ms. Song,
didn't seem like she wanted to train me,</i>
112
00:07:41,961 --> 00:07:44,172
<i>and I wanted to quit every single day.</i>
113
00:07:48,509 --> 00:07:50,470
<i>Then something happened.</i>
114
00:07:51,179 --> 00:07:53,681
<i>I was told to follow
the Five W's guideline, so I'll try.</i>
115
00:07:54,348 --> 00:07:56,058
<i>One day, Ms. Song</i>
116
00:07:56,142 --> 00:07:58,811
<i>asked me to work on the author bio
for</i> The Universe of Yours.
117
00:07:59,395 --> 00:08:01,564
She's an editor,
and yet she doesn't know the Five W's?
118
00:08:03,065 --> 00:08:06,527
<i>I omitted the word, "physicist,"
by mistake.</i>
119
00:08:07,361 --> 00:08:10,198
<i>Frankly, it wasn't even obvious,
so I thought it'd be okay.</i>
120
00:08:10,656 --> 00:08:12,658
<i>However, it was not okay.</i>
121
00:08:13,117 --> 00:08:14,952
<i>My seniors, including Ms. Song,
have worked hard</i>
122
00:08:15,036 --> 00:08:17,538
<i>for over a year for</i> The Universe of Yours
<i>to come into the world,</i>
123
00:08:17,622 --> 00:08:19,582
<i>but we had to put stickers on it
due to my mistake,</i>
124
00:08:19,665 --> 00:08:21,792
<i>which significantly diminished its value.</i>
125
00:08:22,251 --> 00:08:25,505
<i>I think many people's work went down
the drain because of me, so I feel bad.</i>
126
00:08:25,588 --> 00:08:27,924
<i>I've decided to really focus on my work
from now on.</i>
127
00:08:28,007 --> 00:08:31,219
<i>I totally hope to learn a lot
from my seniors.</i>
128
00:08:31,719 --> 00:08:33,095
<i>I'm ready to learn.</i>
129
00:08:35,806 --> 00:08:39,268
I wrote it from the bottom of my heart,
130
00:08:39,352 --> 00:08:41,145
so please forgive me.
131
00:08:41,229 --> 00:08:44,023
I hope to become
a more helpful addition to the team.
132
00:08:44,106 --> 00:08:45,942
I'll do my very best.
133
00:08:47,568 --> 00:08:50,154
All right, we heard you.
Come here, Ji-yul.
134
00:08:54,200 --> 00:08:55,535
-This is good, but...
-Yes.
135
00:08:57,036 --> 00:08:58,704
A space is needed here.
136
00:08:58,788 --> 00:09:00,957
And these words are unnecessary.
137
00:09:01,040 --> 00:09:03,543
Words like these aren't appropriate
for formal letters, okay?
138
00:09:03,626 --> 00:09:04,669
-Got it.
-Good.
139
00:09:04,752 --> 00:09:08,130
Also, the entire letter
sounds so informal.
140
00:09:08,714 --> 00:09:11,592
We should fire Ji-yul
instead of wasting time on training her.
141
00:09:11,676 --> 00:09:14,720
-Were you always good at your job?
-Don't compare me to her.
142
00:09:14,804 --> 00:09:16,514
Don't just scold her.
143
00:09:16,597 --> 00:09:18,140
You need to train her as her supervisor.
144
00:09:18,224 --> 00:09:19,934
We hired her, so we should train her.
145
00:09:20,017 --> 00:09:22,687
Use the carrot and stick approach.
Compliment her once in a while.
146
00:09:22,979 --> 00:09:25,481
Give her a pat on the back
and treat her to a meal occasionally.
147
00:09:25,565 --> 00:09:26,524
That's why...
148
00:09:27,775 --> 00:09:29,360
I started to have a crush on you.
149
00:09:32,947 --> 00:09:33,781
Come here.
150
00:09:39,662 --> 00:09:40,580
Hae-rin.
151
00:09:41,122 --> 00:09:42,498
Look at this, seriously.
152
00:09:43,249 --> 00:09:45,084
Why are you so sweet to me all the time?
153
00:09:45,167 --> 00:09:46,460
I'd rather get smacked--
154
00:09:48,546 --> 00:09:50,298
It's done. Stop being such a crybaby.
155
00:09:50,881 --> 00:09:53,175
If you keep this up,
we can't even be friends anymore.
156
00:09:54,552 --> 00:09:56,012
Don't date anyone else.
157
00:09:56,929 --> 00:09:58,014
It's none of your business.
158
00:09:59,181 --> 00:10:00,349
You promised me
159
00:10:00,933 --> 00:10:03,019
that you'd wait
until I deal with my feelings.
160
00:10:03,936 --> 00:10:05,771
It'll take a long time for me
to get over you.
161
00:10:25,666 --> 00:10:28,753
Dan-i, this is
Mr. Ji Seo-jun's signed contract.
162
00:10:28,836 --> 00:10:32,465
Send this over to the Business Support
Team after you make a copy for us to keep.
163
00:10:32,548 --> 00:10:33,841
Sure, no problem.
164
00:10:56,864 --> 00:10:58,324
NAME: JI SEO-JUN
DATE OF BIRTH: 910423
165
00:10:58,407 --> 00:10:59,325
What?
166
00:11:00,326 --> 00:11:03,204
Seo-jun's birthday is April 23?
167
00:11:05,289 --> 00:11:06,248
<i>Then by any chance,</i>
168
00:11:06,832 --> 00:11:09,919
did you read <i>April 23</i> by Kang Byeong-jun?
169
00:11:10,628 --> 00:11:13,089
-Yes, it's a famous novel.
-Then what about this?
170
00:11:13,172 --> 00:11:15,132
The secret behind the title
171
00:11:16,217 --> 00:11:17,259
of the novel, <i>April 23</i>.
172
00:11:27,686 --> 00:11:29,438
INGREDIENTS FOR SPAGHETTI
173
00:11:29,522 --> 00:11:32,024
TOMATOES, MUSHROOMS,
ONIONS, TOMATO SAUCE, SPAGHETTI, BACON
174
00:11:32,108 --> 00:11:32,942
Great.
175
00:11:36,862 --> 00:11:37,947
Hang on.
176
00:11:38,030 --> 00:11:40,950
For tomorrow's dinner...
I'll make <i>tteokbokki</i>.
177
00:11:42,910 --> 00:11:45,121
INGREDIENTS FOR <i>TTEOKBOKKI</i>
178
00:11:45,204 --> 00:11:47,164
RICE CAKES, RED PEPPER PASTE, SOY SAUCE
GREEN ONION
179
00:11:47,248 --> 00:11:48,999
I'm sure we have red pepper paste at home.
180
00:11:49,583 --> 00:11:52,753
As for the attendees' gifts, I thought
notebooks might be a bit too expensive
181
00:11:53,129 --> 00:11:54,588
so I looked into bookmarks, instead.
182
00:11:55,923 --> 00:11:56,799
That's a good idea.
183
00:11:57,842 --> 00:12:00,678
What do you think of these bookmarks?
These are made with pressed flowers.
184
00:12:01,470 --> 00:12:03,681
-Wow, these are nice.
-Aren't they cute?
185
00:12:04,390 --> 00:12:05,558
Even I want one.
186
00:12:05,975 --> 00:12:06,976
EUN-HO
187
00:12:10,271 --> 00:12:12,231
<i>I'm making pasta.
You'd better come home soon.</i>
188
00:12:22,867 --> 00:12:23,868
DAN-I
189
00:12:29,248 --> 00:12:30,916
<i>It's Friday so your sister
is out on a date.</i>
190
00:12:32,668 --> 00:12:34,378
I'm sick of hearing that word, "sister."
191
00:12:36,338 --> 00:12:38,090
She met up with Ji Seo-jun again?
192
00:12:38,674 --> 00:12:41,635
And about the café
where the reading event will take place...
193
00:12:42,219 --> 00:12:45,347
How about we decorate the wall
with mini light bulbs?
194
00:12:46,182 --> 00:12:47,016
I like that idea.
195
00:12:47,099 --> 00:12:49,477
Hey, shall we order some snacks?
196
00:12:50,060 --> 00:12:51,353
I'd love that.
197
00:12:51,437 --> 00:12:53,063
-Great idea.
-Let's order something.
198
00:12:53,147 --> 00:12:54,940
-Wait.
-Bring the menu. It's over there, right?
199
00:12:56,984 --> 00:12:58,569
-Take your pick.
-What shall we order?
200
00:12:59,778 --> 00:13:00,905
What should we get?
201
00:13:01,947 --> 00:13:03,824
-This <i>jokbal</i> looks so good.
-Let's order it.
202
00:13:03,908 --> 00:13:04,742
Shall we?
203
00:13:04,825 --> 00:13:07,203
Ms. Go, we're ordering snacks.
Would you like some too?
204
00:13:07,286 --> 00:13:09,580
No, thanks.
I'm going to wrap up and go home.
205
00:13:10,581 --> 00:13:11,415
Okay.
206
00:13:13,000 --> 00:13:14,335
Why did you even ask her?
207
00:13:14,835 --> 00:13:16,545
She's going home.
208
00:13:31,018 --> 00:13:32,102
Good for him.
209
00:13:32,853 --> 00:13:34,605
He has two daughters.
210
00:13:44,657 --> 00:13:46,909
-Who ordered <i>jokbal</i>?
-Over here.
211
00:13:48,410 --> 00:13:50,579
-It's on me.
-No, it's okay. I'll get it.
212
00:13:50,704 --> 00:13:52,706
You can put it over here. Right here, yes.
213
00:13:54,041 --> 00:13:56,126
-One large serving of <i>jokbal</i>, right?
-Yes.
214
00:13:59,964 --> 00:14:01,757
I can assure you that it'll taste divine.
215
00:14:01,840 --> 00:14:04,009
My wife makes it from scratch.
216
00:14:04,134 --> 00:14:06,720
Most restaurants sell premade ones.
217
00:14:06,804 --> 00:14:07,763
They never taste great.
218
00:14:16,146 --> 00:14:18,190
-Were you married?
-No.
219
00:14:20,317 --> 00:14:21,694
I only got to take photos.
220
00:14:22,486 --> 00:14:24,697
The day was set, but someone ran off.
221
00:14:24,780 --> 00:14:27,825
-That bastard?
-No, me.
222
00:14:32,246 --> 00:14:33,330
88 LATE-NIGHT SNACKS
223
00:14:33,455 --> 00:14:35,332
Look. It even looks more delicious, right?
224
00:14:37,585 --> 00:14:39,837
It's your first time
ordering from us, isn't it?
225
00:14:39,920 --> 00:14:41,130
Try this
226
00:14:41,505 --> 00:14:43,173
and order again with your co-workers.
227
00:14:43,257 --> 00:14:44,925
I'll give you more <i>jokbals</i> than others.
228
00:14:48,512 --> 00:14:50,472
I'll pay for it.
229
00:14:50,806 --> 00:14:52,600
-You accept credit cards, right?
-Sure thing.
230
00:14:52,683 --> 00:14:53,767
All right.
231
00:14:54,894 --> 00:14:57,938
Thank you.
You should visit our restaurant as well.
232
00:14:58,272 --> 00:14:59,857
Right around the corner
233
00:14:59,940 --> 00:15:03,903
by the sandwich shop at the intersection,
you'll see a small restaurant...
234
00:15:08,949 --> 00:15:10,242
<i>That guy...</i>
235
00:15:10,326 --> 00:15:11,702
<i>Would he be married?</i>
236
00:15:12,620 --> 00:15:16,123
I still wonder that from time to time.
237
00:15:16,832 --> 00:15:18,000
Sometimes,
238
00:15:19,335 --> 00:15:21,837
I get a feeling that I might run into him
on the street.
239
00:15:24,548 --> 00:15:26,926
<i>If I do run into him,</i>
240
00:15:27,009 --> 00:15:30,471
<i>then I'll really believe
that we're meant to be.</i>
241
00:15:36,602 --> 00:15:38,687
Ms. Go, your credit card.
242
00:15:40,064 --> 00:15:42,232
Right. Thanks, Dan-i.
243
00:15:48,781 --> 00:15:50,824
-Enjoy.
-Thank you.
244
00:16:02,795 --> 00:16:05,172
He is that guy, right?
245
00:16:08,842 --> 00:16:10,094
He's the guy, isn't he?
246
00:16:11,470 --> 00:16:13,013
I don't know who you're talking about.
247
00:16:14,014 --> 00:16:15,140
I don't know that man.
248
00:16:15,641 --> 00:16:16,934
Thank you, Ms. Go.
249
00:16:17,267 --> 00:16:18,978
We'll enjoy the food and work hard.
250
00:16:19,144 --> 00:16:20,771
All right.
251
00:16:24,149 --> 00:16:25,275
It's him.
252
00:16:27,194 --> 00:16:29,446
He's totally that guy.
You know that he is.
253
00:16:29,697 --> 00:16:30,698
My gosh.
254
00:16:31,281 --> 00:16:33,117
GYEOROO PUBLISHING
255
00:16:41,709 --> 00:16:44,586
88 LATE-NIGHT SNACKS
256
00:16:48,298 --> 00:16:49,299
Yu-seon.
257
00:16:52,803 --> 00:16:54,847
It's been such a long time.
How have you been doing?
258
00:16:56,140 --> 00:16:57,266
Can't you tell?
259
00:16:58,517 --> 00:17:01,228
Right, you're still stylish and beautiful.
260
00:17:03,814 --> 00:17:04,982
What about the brokerage firm?
261
00:17:06,316 --> 00:17:07,359
Did you quit that job?
262
00:17:07,443 --> 00:17:10,070
Yes, it wasn't for me.
263
00:17:10,487 --> 00:17:11,822
I wasn't getting promoted.
264
00:17:13,365 --> 00:17:15,701
I ran a store somewhere else before,
but it went bust.
265
00:17:16,535 --> 00:17:18,037
I just got back on my feet.
266
00:17:22,041 --> 00:17:24,626
So, are you married?
267
00:17:26,545 --> 00:17:27,588
Yes.
268
00:17:28,589 --> 00:17:29,715
I am.
269
00:17:30,966 --> 00:17:32,009
I see.
270
00:17:32,509 --> 00:17:35,220
I was worried that you'd still be single.
271
00:17:35,804 --> 00:17:37,681
What about kids? Do you have kids?
272
00:17:38,974 --> 00:17:41,852
I already have three kids.
273
00:17:42,269 --> 00:17:43,479
They're all boys.
274
00:17:45,939 --> 00:17:47,524
Visit my restaurant sometime.
275
00:17:48,108 --> 00:17:49,568
I always wondered how you'd be doing.
276
00:17:49,651 --> 00:17:51,528
I'm happy to see you doing so well.
277
00:17:57,534 --> 00:17:58,368
I'll be off, then.
278
00:18:28,816 --> 00:18:30,859
I shouldn't have said anything.
279
00:18:30,943 --> 00:18:32,736
Right, you shouldn't have.
280
00:18:34,530 --> 00:18:36,323
Don't you remember what she said that day?
281
00:18:36,949 --> 00:18:40,327
She told us that, if she met him again,
she'd think they were meant to be.
282
00:18:40,702 --> 00:18:42,663
That means she still has feelings for him.
283
00:18:43,705 --> 00:18:46,917
It's called regret.
I mean, she called off the wedding.
284
00:18:48,168 --> 00:18:49,628
On days like this,
285
00:18:50,712 --> 00:18:52,339
she'll need some consolation.
286
00:18:53,465 --> 00:18:56,635
I wonder if she has any friends to turn to
at times like this.
287
00:18:59,096 --> 00:19:00,931
You're making it sound even sadder.
288
00:19:01,807 --> 00:19:04,226
Should we go? How about
we go over to her place with this?
289
00:19:04,726 --> 00:19:07,146
-She won't even let us in.
-You think so?
290
00:19:08,897 --> 00:19:11,066
Let's eat first. I'm hungry.
291
00:19:13,485 --> 00:19:14,820
That's how life is.
292
00:19:14,903 --> 00:19:17,364
AHN JEONG-HUN
GO YU-SEON
293
00:19:31,420 --> 00:19:32,504
I hoped you'd be doing well.
294
00:19:36,133 --> 00:19:37,759
Why did you have to show up like that?
295
00:20:15,589 --> 00:20:16,632
JI SEO-JUN
296
00:20:17,633 --> 00:20:18,926
<i>What's up? It's Saturday.</i>
297
00:20:19,259 --> 00:20:21,470
<i>It looks like I'll have to work
all weekend.</i>
298
00:20:23,180 --> 00:20:24,723
<i>I am spring-cleaning my place today.</i>
299
00:20:30,270 --> 00:20:31,605
Don't avoid him, Dan-i.
300
00:20:31,688 --> 00:20:33,774
I'll go open Eun-ho's door
301
00:20:34,024 --> 00:20:35,692
and say my piece like a real big sister.
302
00:20:37,986 --> 00:20:39,905
I'm not attracted to you at all, Eun-ho.
303
00:20:39,988 --> 00:20:41,365
I don't see you as a man.
304
00:20:41,448 --> 00:20:43,242
I don't see you as a man.
305
00:20:43,325 --> 00:20:44,409
Get lost, will you?
306
00:20:44,493 --> 00:20:45,911
I do not see you as a man.
307
00:20:46,036 --> 00:20:48,288
Gosh, what am I going to say?
308
00:20:50,332 --> 00:20:51,166
Dan-i.
309
00:20:57,005 --> 00:20:58,090
Did she step out?
310
00:21:06,473 --> 00:21:07,766
What are you doing there?
311
00:21:07,849 --> 00:21:09,810
Come on. Let's clean the house.
312
00:21:24,825 --> 00:21:27,160
Eun-ho, I don't even see you as a man.
313
00:21:28,412 --> 00:21:30,914
I'm not attracted to you at all.
314
00:21:31,540 --> 00:21:34,751
I do not see you as a man.
315
00:21:43,802 --> 00:21:45,387
Don't only vacuum areas that you can see.
316
00:21:45,679 --> 00:21:48,140
We have to clean every nook and cranny.
317
00:21:49,016 --> 00:21:50,600
Oh, my. You're so strong, my Dan-i.
318
00:21:50,684 --> 00:21:52,060
You lifted the couch by yourself.
319
00:21:52,144 --> 00:21:53,895
Go bring the fridge too, my Dan-i.
320
00:21:56,064 --> 00:21:58,150
How dare you!
Who said you could call me that?
321
00:21:58,233 --> 00:21:59,568
Quit calling me that.
322
00:21:59,651 --> 00:22:01,820
Then what?
Should I call the woman I love "Ma'am"?
323
00:22:02,446 --> 00:22:03,363
Why you little...
324
00:22:05,615 --> 00:22:08,493
I'm stronger than you.
I've been letting you hit me,
325
00:22:08,577 --> 00:22:10,787
but how about you sweeten up
a little now, my Dan-i?
326
00:22:17,085 --> 00:22:20,130
That didn't hurt. It didn't hurt at all.
That just felt like cotton candy.
327
00:22:21,757 --> 00:22:23,884
Finish up here and go clean the bathroom.
328
00:22:25,093 --> 00:22:27,971
Say, "Eun-ho, please clean the bathroom."
329
00:22:28,055 --> 00:22:30,182
Then I'll clean the kitchen
as well as the bathroom.
330
00:22:30,265 --> 00:22:32,142
You haven't been beaten enough, have you?
331
00:22:33,852 --> 00:22:36,188
It doesn't hurt. Not at all.
332
00:22:36,271 --> 00:22:37,939
That didn't hurt at all.
333
00:22:38,023 --> 00:22:39,066
What about this?
334
00:22:49,076 --> 00:22:50,702
You shouldn't have acted up like that.
335
00:22:50,786 --> 00:22:52,579
Why do I like you even when you hit me?
336
00:22:56,166 --> 00:22:57,834
I can see myself in your eyes.
337
00:23:00,879 --> 00:23:02,672
Your face is beet red now.
338
00:23:02,756 --> 00:23:03,924
That's because I'm happy.
339
00:23:04,007 --> 00:23:05,550
I'm not blushing. I'm happy.
340
00:23:07,677 --> 00:23:08,929
Apply the Band-Aid yourself.
341
00:23:19,231 --> 00:23:20,690
He can see himself in my eyes?
342
00:23:21,316 --> 00:23:22,651
He's crazy.
343
00:23:23,819 --> 00:23:25,320
Gosh, why do I keep blushing?
344
00:23:25,695 --> 00:23:27,739
I'm becoming just like him.
345
00:23:29,449 --> 00:23:31,368
Come on, Dan-i. Hold yourself together.
346
00:23:31,451 --> 00:23:33,286
I don't think of you as a man, Eun-ho.
347
00:23:47,175 --> 00:23:48,135
Give me that.
348
00:23:50,512 --> 00:23:51,680
Watch what a man can do.
349
00:23:52,889 --> 00:23:55,600
Look at how I wash this pot.
You have to put your back into it
350
00:23:55,684 --> 00:23:57,519
Do you see this? Look at my veins.
351
00:23:58,145 --> 00:24:00,230
I have muscles too.
Do you want to touch my biceps?
352
00:24:02,899 --> 00:24:04,025
Aren't I manly?
353
00:24:11,658 --> 00:24:13,743
-Try harder.
-Put more strength into it.
354
00:24:13,827 --> 00:24:15,120
This is burnt.
355
00:24:20,834 --> 00:24:22,377
What did you do with Seo-jun last night?
356
00:24:24,963 --> 00:24:26,965
I know I told you that you can date him
357
00:24:27,048 --> 00:24:28,633
and that you don't have to care about me.
358
00:24:29,426 --> 00:24:31,178
Now I'm just talking to myself.
359
00:24:31,720 --> 00:24:33,763
But I'm sure you can't help
but be bothered.
360
00:24:33,847 --> 00:24:35,724
You were bothered
even when I told you not to be.
361
00:24:35,807 --> 00:24:39,186
Hey, you should go and clean the bathroom.
362
00:24:39,269 --> 00:24:40,353
No.
363
00:24:40,729 --> 00:24:43,648
Go. I said, go. Go to the bathroom.
364
00:24:47,485 --> 00:24:48,987
You're too weak to push me away.
365
00:24:49,070 --> 00:24:51,031
Gosh, you're so cute, Dan-i.
366
00:24:52,991 --> 00:24:55,285
Stop being cute.
You make me want to kiss you again.
367
00:24:59,456 --> 00:25:00,790
Are you going to keep this up?
368
00:25:02,876 --> 00:25:04,044
I'll go clean the bathroom.
369
00:25:04,961 --> 00:25:06,004
I was going to.
370
00:25:16,181 --> 00:25:18,308
Gosh, Dan-i is so cute.
371
00:25:19,893 --> 00:25:21,561
She's cute when she hits me.
372
00:25:22,896 --> 00:25:24,481
She's cute when she glares at me.
373
00:25:24,564 --> 00:25:25,690
KANG DAN-I
374
00:25:25,774 --> 00:25:27,692
And she's cute when she swears.
375
00:25:27,776 --> 00:25:29,027
Everything about her is cute.
376
00:25:30,320 --> 00:25:32,239
Dan-i is so cute.
377
00:25:34,199 --> 00:25:36,451
<i>You just think of me as a boy</i>
378
00:25:37,077 --> 00:25:39,412
<i>No more than that</i>
379
00:25:40,789 --> 00:25:43,166
<i>You say I'm cute</i>
380
00:25:43,458 --> 00:25:45,710
<i>But you are a woman to me</i>
381
00:25:51,883 --> 00:25:53,176
My gosh.
382
00:26:04,020 --> 00:26:05,063
"Kapyong?"
383
00:26:06,273 --> 00:26:07,691
Why did he go to Kapyong?
384
00:26:14,906 --> 00:26:15,991
I'm going out.
385
00:26:17,075 --> 00:26:17,993
Where are you going?
386
00:26:18,493 --> 00:26:20,912
Why are you leaving
in the middle of cleaning the house?
387
00:26:21,663 --> 00:26:23,790
Please vacuum my room and yours.
388
00:26:23,873 --> 00:26:25,375
You need to mop the floor as well.
389
00:26:25,458 --> 00:26:27,043
And take out the laundry from the dryer.
390
00:26:27,294 --> 00:26:30,046
-Mop the attic as well.
-Where are you going?
391
00:26:30,130 --> 00:26:31,589
I'm going to meet Seo-jun.
392
00:26:31,840 --> 00:26:33,800
I'm going to go on a date,
since it's the weekends.
393
00:26:34,509 --> 00:26:35,844
You met him yesterday.
394
00:26:35,927 --> 00:26:36,928
Dan-i.
395
00:26:43,727 --> 00:26:45,353
I'm not going to clean.
396
00:26:54,195 --> 00:26:56,156
Hi, Geum-bi. Hello.
397
00:26:58,116 --> 00:26:59,492
Did you really not get any sleep?
398
00:26:59,993 --> 00:27:00,952
No, I didn't.
399
00:27:01,494 --> 00:27:03,246
I was going to sleep
after I sent the draft.
400
00:27:03,330 --> 00:27:05,623
Why did you want to walk Geum-bi
all of a sudden?
401
00:27:06,416 --> 00:27:09,044
I just wanted to take a walk with him.
402
00:27:09,127 --> 00:27:11,880
It's the weekend.
You should also get some rest.
403
00:27:12,464 --> 00:27:13,673
You spent all day cleaning.
404
00:27:13,965 --> 00:27:17,510
No, it's much better to keep myself busy
than to stay still and do nothing.
405
00:27:19,095 --> 00:27:20,472
Will you be back in an hour?
406
00:27:21,056 --> 00:27:24,184
I don't think you'll be able to wake up
after an hour.
407
00:27:24,768 --> 00:27:27,145
You should get some sleep
and call me when you wake up.
408
00:27:27,354 --> 00:27:28,730
I'll bring him back in the evening.
409
00:27:29,731 --> 00:27:30,607
I'll take the leash.
410
00:27:31,649 --> 00:27:32,609
Let's go.
411
00:27:35,862 --> 00:27:37,447
Come on. Let's go.
412
00:27:52,837 --> 00:27:54,547
Why did I say we should clean?
413
00:28:00,512 --> 00:28:01,388
Damn.
414
00:28:08,144 --> 00:28:09,020
Come on.
415
00:28:15,568 --> 00:28:17,654
SONG HAE-RIN
416
00:28:24,911 --> 00:28:26,121
Hey, Ms. Song.
417
00:28:26,830 --> 00:28:29,165
I checked the email, and I love the draft.
418
00:28:29,374 --> 00:28:32,961
Excuse me, can we talk about it on Monday?
419
00:28:33,044 --> 00:28:36,214
We don't need to edit anything.
Let's just use this one.
420
00:28:36,297 --> 00:28:40,385
But as the editor in charge
I'd like to suggest something...
421
00:28:40,468 --> 00:28:41,511
<i>Wait.</i>
422
00:28:41,594 --> 00:28:43,596
Do you not care that it's the weekend?
423
00:28:44,222 --> 00:28:46,474
You're the one who sent an email
on the weekend.
424
00:28:46,558 --> 00:28:50,812
-You could've checked it on Monday.
-How could I wait? I was dying to see it.
425
00:28:52,480 --> 00:28:53,690
You're unbelievable.
426
00:28:53,773 --> 00:28:54,774
<i>Where are you right now?</i>
427
00:28:57,736 --> 00:28:59,195
<i>Are you in my neighborhood again?</i>
428
00:29:00,822 --> 00:29:01,906
You're weird.
429
00:29:02,741 --> 00:29:03,992
Why do you come here so often?
430
00:29:04,159 --> 00:29:05,660
Can you come outside for a bit?
431
00:29:05,952 --> 00:29:08,204
Let's edit it so we can get
the final approval on Monday.
432
00:29:37,609 --> 00:29:40,570
She should wear it. It looked nice on her.
433
00:29:42,906 --> 00:29:44,449
At least she didn't return it to me.
434
00:29:59,964 --> 00:30:02,050
Seo-jun, let me tell you something.
435
00:30:02,133 --> 00:30:04,010
Dan-i and I kissed.
436
00:30:04,594 --> 00:30:05,804
Dan-i likes me.
437
00:30:05,887 --> 00:30:08,681
She may be on a date with you,
but she actually likes me.
438
00:30:08,765 --> 00:30:09,891
You little punk.
439
00:30:11,518 --> 00:30:12,519
Gosh.
440
00:30:14,896 --> 00:30:19,150
FIRST PAYCHECK
GIFT FOR JAE-HUI AND EUN-HO
441
00:30:20,151 --> 00:30:21,820
What's the point of writing it down?
442
00:30:39,504 --> 00:30:40,839
Why is a guy's shirt...
443
00:30:46,219 --> 00:30:48,555
This is for me. She got me a gift.
444
00:30:55,478 --> 00:30:57,313
I'll just think
she forgot to give it to me.
445
00:31:02,235 --> 00:31:03,319
SONG HAE-RIN
446
00:31:07,907 --> 00:31:10,535
<i>Seo-jun just sent me a draft
of the book design.</i>
447
00:31:10,618 --> 00:31:12,120
<i>I love it and there's nothing to fix.</i>
448
00:31:12,996 --> 00:31:14,038
SONG HAE-RIN
449
00:31:14,122 --> 00:31:16,749
<i>I'm going to meet him at a café
in his neighborhood.</i>
450
00:31:17,375 --> 00:31:19,961
<i>If you and Ms. Yu give us
your final approval on Monday,</i>
451
00:31:20,044 --> 00:31:21,337
<i>we can start printing right away.</i>
452
00:31:23,590 --> 00:31:24,883
I'm going to meet Seo-jun.
453
00:31:25,216 --> 00:31:27,176
I'm going to go on a date,
since it's the weekends.
454
00:31:35,935 --> 00:31:37,228
EUN-HO
455
00:31:38,479 --> 00:31:40,356
Just a second. I got a text.
456
00:31:40,857 --> 00:31:42,233
<i>I'm hungry.</i>
457
00:31:42,984 --> 00:31:44,277
So what?
458
00:31:44,861 --> 00:31:46,529
I'm on a date with Seo-jun right now.
459
00:31:46,988 --> 00:31:47,864
Right, Geum-bi?
460
00:31:47,947 --> 00:31:50,241
Isn't that right, Geum-bi?
461
00:31:51,075 --> 00:31:54,370
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
462
00:32:10,011 --> 00:32:10,845
My goodness.
463
00:32:11,304 --> 00:32:12,847
Why are you sitting next to me?
464
00:32:14,140 --> 00:32:16,392
So we can look at the screen together.
465
00:32:21,064 --> 00:32:22,774
I have a question before we start.
466
00:32:24,400 --> 00:32:26,527
Did you get dumped
because you're a workaholic?
467
00:32:26,611 --> 00:32:29,614
Or have you become a workaholic
because you got dumped?
468
00:32:33,785 --> 00:32:35,244
Ms. Song, do you know something?
469
00:32:35,828 --> 00:32:37,205
Teasing you is really fun.
470
00:32:37,705 --> 00:32:39,499
Let's just look at the screen.
471
00:32:40,249 --> 00:32:41,209
Okay.
472
00:32:42,710 --> 00:32:43,878
EUN-HO
473
00:32:46,381 --> 00:32:48,716
<i>I'm going to cook </i>tteokbokki.<i>
Hurry up and come home.</i>
474
00:32:48,800 --> 00:32:49,842
He must be out of his mind.
475
00:32:50,426 --> 00:32:52,220
I told him that I'm meeting Seo-jun.
476
00:32:54,472 --> 00:32:57,976
Geum-bi, should we go have lunch?
477
00:32:58,476 --> 00:33:00,395
What do you want to eat?
478
00:33:01,396 --> 00:33:02,355
Let's go.
479
00:33:07,235 --> 00:33:08,194
Wait.
480
00:33:12,198 --> 00:33:14,242
I didn't bring my wallet.
481
00:33:14,951 --> 00:33:16,744
Gosh, I'm so clumsy.
482
00:33:16,828 --> 00:33:18,079
Goodness.
483
00:33:19,622 --> 00:33:20,498
EUN-HO
484
00:33:23,459 --> 00:33:25,545
<i>Seo-jun and Hae-rin are
having a meeting right now</i>
485
00:33:26,337 --> 00:33:28,589
<i>in a café in our neighborhood.
Do you want to know where?</i>
486
00:33:32,343 --> 00:33:33,344
What do I do now?
487
00:33:34,679 --> 00:33:36,389
He's so tenacious. How did he know?
488
00:33:41,894 --> 00:33:42,729
I was surprised
489
00:33:42,812 --> 00:33:45,648
because you did what I asked
and made a design young people would like.
490
00:33:45,940 --> 00:33:48,234
You also managed
to keep the design classy.
491
00:33:48,317 --> 00:33:50,153
But I'm still a little worried.
492
00:33:50,278 --> 00:33:51,946
I'm fine with expanding
the target readers.
493
00:33:52,030 --> 00:33:54,615
But we still need to consider
Ms. Yu's fans.
494
00:33:56,284 --> 00:33:58,828
So what do you think about...
495
00:34:03,458 --> 00:34:05,001
He must not have gotten any sleep.
496
00:34:17,764 --> 00:34:19,307
<i>I like the overall design.</i>
497
00:34:19,390 --> 00:34:21,267
<i>But we should consider Ms. Yu's fans</i>
498
00:34:21,350 --> 00:34:23,269
<i>and use a darker tone for the insides</i>
499
00:34:23,519 --> 00:34:25,104
<i>so that nothing stands out too much.</i>
500
00:34:26,397 --> 00:34:27,440
<i>You did really well.</i>
501
00:34:27,815 --> 00:34:30,985
<i>I'm glad I asked you to design the book.</i>
502
00:34:31,569 --> 00:34:33,112
<i>You're a great partner.</i>
503
00:34:33,696 --> 00:34:35,323
<i>I respect you, Mr. Ji.</i>
504
00:34:43,498 --> 00:34:44,415
Stay here for a while.
505
00:34:48,002 --> 00:34:49,754
Hello. You must be Geum-bi.
506
00:35:03,434 --> 00:35:04,936
How was your date?
507
00:35:06,145 --> 00:35:07,522
Why didn't you wait at the café?
508
00:35:08,064 --> 00:35:09,899
His meeting with Hae-rin
will be over soon.
509
00:35:11,067 --> 00:35:13,861
-Are you teasing me?
-Why would you lie?
510
00:35:13,945 --> 00:35:15,530
I can see right through you.
511
00:35:16,656 --> 00:35:18,407
You don't like Seo-jun.
512
00:35:18,491 --> 00:35:20,576
You just like going on dates
because it's been so long.
513
00:35:22,245 --> 00:35:23,871
You didn't meet him yesterday, did you?
514
00:35:29,085 --> 00:35:30,586
Why can't you date me?
515
00:35:32,046 --> 00:35:33,256
Do you really not know?
516
00:35:34,215 --> 00:35:36,050
-I really don't.
-Then...
517
00:35:38,219 --> 00:35:39,178
I'll tell you why.
518
00:35:39,262 --> 00:35:41,139
-Because you're a divorcée?
-No.
519
00:35:41,222 --> 00:35:42,890
That doesn't mean I can't date anyone.
520
00:35:43,516 --> 00:35:45,852
I'm going to start dating
once a good guy comes along.
521
00:35:45,935 --> 00:35:48,938
I got a second chance in life.
I don't want to waste it.
522
00:35:49,480 --> 00:35:52,150
I'm going to do everything
I've always wanted to do.
523
00:35:52,233 --> 00:35:53,734
Then I should hear you out.
524
00:35:53,818 --> 00:35:55,570
Go ahead and start telling me
525
00:35:55,653 --> 00:35:57,780
why I can't be the one for you.
526
00:35:57,864 --> 00:35:59,282
-Number one.
-Okay.
527
00:35:59,365 --> 00:36:00,700
You're not my type.
528
00:36:01,492 --> 00:36:02,493
Me?
529
00:36:02,577 --> 00:36:04,954
That's nonsense. I'm every woman's type.
530
00:36:05,121 --> 00:36:07,290
What a joke.
What's the point of being good-looking?
531
00:36:07,957 --> 00:36:10,501
You never turn the lights off
after using the bathroom.
532
00:36:10,585 --> 00:36:12,003
And you seem to have OCD.
533
00:36:12,086 --> 00:36:15,047
You always get really annoyed
when something isn't in the right place.
534
00:36:15,131 --> 00:36:17,049
You're sensitive to everything
including the cold,
535
00:36:17,133 --> 00:36:20,178
but you always wear a lightweight coat
and make me get worried.
536
00:36:21,304 --> 00:36:23,264
You're high-maintenance.
537
00:36:25,183 --> 00:36:26,267
I'll change.
538
00:36:28,603 --> 00:36:29,437
Number two.
539
00:36:30,396 --> 00:36:32,940
We can't date each other
because we know each other too well.
540
00:36:33,024 --> 00:36:35,735
We've known each other for 20 years.
541
00:36:35,818 --> 00:36:37,361
We can both see through each other.
542
00:36:37,445 --> 00:36:39,864
So how can we date? It'll be no fun.
543
00:36:39,989 --> 00:36:41,032
What are you talking about?
544
00:36:41,115 --> 00:36:43,326
We have lots of fun when we're together.
545
00:36:43,409 --> 00:36:45,870
We did nothing but clean today,
but it was really fun
546
00:36:46,204 --> 00:36:47,997
and even a bowl of <i>tteokbokki</i>
made us happy.
547
00:36:48,206 --> 00:36:49,749
-Number three.
-Go ahead.
548
00:36:49,832 --> 00:36:53,085
Do you know
how shallow relationships can be?
549
00:36:53,669 --> 00:36:56,214
People make all sorts of promises,
but they're all useless.
550
00:36:56,297 --> 00:36:57,965
It all ends once someone
falls out of love.
551
00:36:58,049 --> 00:36:59,884
You also broke up several times.
552
00:37:00,468 --> 00:37:02,345
That's because it wasn't you.
553
00:37:02,428 --> 00:37:04,513
And I always knew that.
554
00:37:08,434 --> 00:37:09,727
What if we break up?
555
00:37:12,104 --> 00:37:13,272
Who will I lean on?
556
00:37:15,524 --> 00:37:16,817
You're the only person
557
00:37:17,443 --> 00:37:19,612
I can lean on in this entire world.
558
00:37:26,494 --> 00:37:27,495
See?
559
00:37:27,745 --> 00:37:30,206
Even now, you're confessing
that you love me.
560
00:37:31,332 --> 00:37:33,042
You're saying I'm your number one.
561
00:37:33,584 --> 00:37:36,087
Why think about breaking up
when we can be together forever?
562
00:37:37,088 --> 00:37:39,465
It all just sounds like you're telling me
that you like me.
563
00:37:40,216 --> 00:37:41,384
It sounds like
564
00:37:41,467 --> 00:37:44,053
you just need some time
even though you like me.
565
00:37:44,136 --> 00:37:45,846
That's not my point.
566
00:37:45,930 --> 00:37:47,807
I'll take the dog back to Seo-jun.
567
00:37:47,890 --> 00:37:50,101
I need to meet him
for the book design draft anyway.
568
00:37:50,518 --> 00:37:52,770
Hae-rin's with him right now,
so I'll go meet him.
569
00:37:52,853 --> 00:37:54,605
Eat the <i>tteokbokki</i> before it gets cold.
570
00:38:01,654 --> 00:38:02,780
I'll see you when I get back.
571
00:38:05,074 --> 00:38:07,326
Let's go. Come on.
572
00:39:08,471 --> 00:39:10,348
How long was I asleep?
573
00:39:10,723 --> 00:39:12,016
I must've dozed off.
574
00:39:13,851 --> 00:39:15,394
<i>I looked at the draft at home</i>
575
00:39:15,478 --> 00:39:17,646
<i>and I agree with Hae-rin</i>,
576
00:39:17,730 --> 00:39:19,190
<i>so I'll leave it up to you two.</i>
577
00:39:19,940 --> 00:39:21,525
<i>I'll just check the final draft.</i>
578
00:39:22,318 --> 00:39:25,488
<i>I left Geum-bi here
and notified the owner.</i>
579
00:39:26,197 --> 00:39:27,198
<i>Cha Eun-ho.</i>
580
00:39:27,281 --> 00:39:29,116
Wait, did Eun-ho come by?
581
00:39:29,492 --> 00:39:31,160
How did he know we were here?
582
00:39:32,453 --> 00:39:33,704
Who's Geum-bi?
583
00:39:35,039 --> 00:39:35,873
Geum-bi?
584
00:39:35,956 --> 00:39:38,125
-You're up.
-Yes.
585
00:39:39,919 --> 00:39:41,128
I must've dozed off.
586
00:39:42,713 --> 00:39:45,633
You actually fell asleep
for an entire hour.
587
00:39:47,593 --> 00:39:48,719
My shoulder's killing me.
588
00:39:51,138 --> 00:39:52,264
You should've woken me up.
589
00:39:54,141 --> 00:39:55,976
Actually, I fell asleep too.
590
00:39:57,520 --> 00:39:59,522
Anyway, who's Geum-bi?
591
00:39:59,605 --> 00:40:00,773
My dog.
592
00:40:01,899 --> 00:40:03,317
Why are you asking...
593
00:40:05,111 --> 00:40:06,112
Geum-bi?
594
00:40:07,113 --> 00:40:08,072
Did Dan-i come by?
595
00:40:10,074 --> 00:40:11,117
Why would she come by?
596
00:40:11,992 --> 00:40:14,245
I asked her to watch Geum-bi.
597
00:40:14,829 --> 00:40:16,997
Mr. Cha's the one who brought him over.
598
00:40:17,081 --> 00:40:19,208
I see.
Well, they live in the same house...
599
00:40:19,291 --> 00:40:20,292
Sorry?
600
00:40:22,461 --> 00:40:25,214
I mean, they live
in the same neighborhood.
601
00:40:26,257 --> 00:40:27,842
Dan-i lives around here too.
602
00:40:28,467 --> 00:40:30,845
They must've met on the streets.
603
00:40:32,471 --> 00:40:33,889
Are you saying that
604
00:40:33,973 --> 00:40:37,309
Dan-i ran into Eun-ho on the street
and just made him take Geum-bi?
605
00:40:38,227 --> 00:40:40,521
Don't ask. I don't know much anyway.
606
00:40:44,483 --> 00:40:46,193
I see you wrote in detail.
607
00:40:49,071 --> 00:40:50,531
This is Mr. Cha's note.
608
00:40:58,622 --> 00:41:01,333
I see. Well, they live together so...
609
00:41:01,417 --> 00:41:02,418
Sorry?
610
00:41:04,670 --> 00:41:05,963
I get that
611
00:41:06,672 --> 00:41:09,717
he could've meant
they live in the same neighborhood.
612
00:41:09,800 --> 00:41:13,471
Even so, why would Dan-i
make Eun-ho take Geum-bi?
613
00:41:15,306 --> 00:41:17,266
Are they even that close?
614
00:41:19,226 --> 00:41:21,645
-Hae-rin.
-Eun-ho.
615
00:41:22,521 --> 00:41:25,024
-Did you work all weekend?
-Of course.
616
00:41:25,107 --> 00:41:27,818
Even workaholics have a life
and should take breaks.
617
00:41:36,160 --> 00:41:37,119
<i>Wait, it's that shirt.</i>
618
00:41:37,620 --> 00:41:38,871
Your shirt...
619
00:41:40,080 --> 00:41:41,081
My shirt?
620
00:41:41,749 --> 00:41:43,125
It was a gift. Why?
621
00:41:45,586 --> 00:41:46,629
It looks good on you.
622
00:41:46,712 --> 00:41:48,797
Really? Well, I like it too.
623
00:41:49,548 --> 00:41:50,674
Let's head inside.
624
00:41:54,678 --> 00:41:55,763
Come on.
625
00:41:56,972 --> 00:41:58,224
All three of them seem fine.
626
00:41:58,432 --> 00:42:00,351
What we should check are...
627
00:42:00,434 --> 00:42:01,936
Good morning, Ms. Go.
628
00:42:03,395 --> 00:42:06,065
-Ms. Go, is today a special day?
-You look incredible.
629
00:42:07,525 --> 00:42:08,526
Good morning.
630
00:42:10,361 --> 00:42:13,948
We were going over some venues
for the book reading event.
631
00:42:15,199 --> 00:42:17,076
I narrowed it down to three options.
632
00:42:19,620 --> 00:42:20,621
Not this place.
633
00:42:20,704 --> 00:42:22,915
We had one for Writer Kim here
634
00:42:22,998 --> 00:42:26,001
and it only had a unisex public toilet.
635
00:42:26,460 --> 00:42:28,379
-Then it's off the list.
-Right.
636
00:42:28,462 --> 00:42:31,006
Dan-i, did you think of a gift for Ms. Yu?
637
00:42:31,507 --> 00:42:33,425
Yes, I thought a silk scarf would be nice.
638
00:42:34,009 --> 00:42:36,387
That's good. It'll suit her.
639
00:42:36,887 --> 00:42:39,306
If you give me the gift list for
this month, I'll buy them too.
640
00:42:41,058 --> 00:42:43,477
Writer Choi loves to cook,
641
00:42:43,561 --> 00:42:44,853
so a dinnerware set will be nice.
642
00:42:44,937 --> 00:42:47,565
Writer Oh likes unique gifts,
so keep that in mind.
643
00:42:47,648 --> 00:42:49,066
Yes, sure thing.
644
00:42:51,527 --> 00:42:53,737
What is it? Was something unclear?
645
00:42:54,280 --> 00:42:55,239
No.
646
00:42:56,490 --> 00:42:59,535
It's just that you look beautiful today.
647
00:43:02,371 --> 00:43:04,498
If you need a friend,
648
00:43:05,583 --> 00:43:09,211
then Ms. Seo and I are here for you.
649
00:43:10,170 --> 00:43:11,839
You can call us anytime.
650
00:43:13,966 --> 00:43:15,092
Also,
651
00:43:20,014 --> 00:43:20,889
this...
652
00:43:20,973 --> 00:43:22,808
88 LATE-NIGHT SNACKS
653
00:43:25,894 --> 00:43:27,229
I don't need this.
654
00:43:28,856 --> 00:43:32,151
You said this
when we had drinks at your place.
655
00:43:33,152 --> 00:43:34,111
It was over anyway,
656
00:43:34,820 --> 00:43:36,822
so I should've just
kicked him in the nuts instead.
657
00:43:37,823 --> 00:43:39,700
Why don't you go and kick him now?
658
00:43:40,284 --> 00:43:41,452
Will you come with me?
659
00:43:41,535 --> 00:43:43,162
-Yes!
-We'll go with you.
660
00:43:44,371 --> 00:43:46,081
You said
661
00:43:46,165 --> 00:43:48,208
that I should say
whatever's still bothering me.
662
00:43:49,418 --> 00:43:51,211
That's what you told me.
663
00:43:51,879 --> 00:43:53,339
You said you'd accompany me.
664
00:43:58,010 --> 00:43:59,511
I can do that for you as well.
665
00:44:08,854 --> 00:44:10,773
88 LATE-NIGHT SNACKS
666
00:44:15,653 --> 00:44:16,737
Writer Choi.
667
00:44:17,237 --> 00:44:19,114
A dinnerware set for Writer Choi.
668
00:44:21,158 --> 00:44:24,036
DINNERWARE SET FOR 2
669
00:44:24,119 --> 00:44:25,329
This one's pretty.
670
00:44:26,538 --> 00:44:27,790
I'm buying it.
671
00:44:28,791 --> 00:44:30,250
{\an8}That goes in the cart.
672
00:44:31,335 --> 00:44:32,503
Next...
673
00:44:32,795 --> 00:44:35,214
What do I buy for Writer Oh?
674
00:44:36,215 --> 00:44:37,383
Something unique?
675
00:44:38,884 --> 00:44:41,428
This scarf will look great on Ms. Yu.
676
00:44:50,521 --> 00:44:52,481
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
677
00:44:53,649 --> 00:44:55,651
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
678
00:44:58,112 --> 00:45:00,823
{\an8}<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
679
00:45:08,205 --> 00:45:09,998
It's exactly what I wanted.
680
00:45:10,082 --> 00:45:11,041
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
681
00:45:11,125 --> 00:45:12,084
Actually,
682
00:45:13,168 --> 00:45:14,711
it's exactly what we wanted.
683
00:45:28,100 --> 00:45:30,310
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
BY YU MYEONG-SUK
684
00:45:50,414 --> 00:45:52,875
I heard that you come here
on the day your book comes out.
685
00:45:53,584 --> 00:45:56,211
I thought that we met by coincidence,
686
00:45:56,295 --> 00:45:57,796
but you came here on purpose to see me.
687
00:45:59,423 --> 00:46:00,924
That's even better.
688
00:46:02,009 --> 00:46:04,011
You didn't call,
so I assumed you were busy.
689
00:46:05,012 --> 00:46:06,221
I was busy too.
690
00:46:06,805 --> 00:46:08,807
The cover looks amazing.
691
00:46:09,725 --> 00:46:11,059
You did a great job.
692
00:46:11,685 --> 00:46:13,312
Likewise. You did great too.
693
00:46:14,229 --> 00:46:15,439
How about some dinner then?
694
00:46:19,735 --> 00:46:20,611
Let's go.
695
00:46:34,041 --> 00:46:35,042
Gosh, it's so good.
696
00:46:36,668 --> 00:46:38,295
I've been craving this like crazy.
697
00:46:39,129 --> 00:46:41,798
I thought we could come again
when you had some free time.
698
00:46:42,508 --> 00:46:45,677
You didn't call so I thought I wouldn't
be able to see you until the book reading.
699
00:46:48,805 --> 00:46:49,848
To be honest,
700
00:46:52,518 --> 00:46:54,686
I didn't call on purpose.
701
00:46:57,439 --> 00:46:58,482
Seo-jun.
702
00:46:59,149 --> 00:47:02,736
It's been two weeks
since we last saw each other.
703
00:47:03,403 --> 00:47:04,696
How was it?
704
00:47:09,201 --> 00:47:10,786
I wished we could meet more often.
705
00:47:14,915 --> 00:47:16,583
It wasn't too bad though, right?
706
00:47:19,044 --> 00:47:23,048
Actually, I tend to forget everything else
when I'm buried in work.
707
00:47:23,215 --> 00:47:24,633
Once I receive a manuscript,
708
00:47:24,716 --> 00:47:27,094
only the book consumes my mind.
709
00:47:27,844 --> 00:47:29,680
-I'm awful, right?
-Of course not.
710
00:47:33,058 --> 00:47:34,059
Seo-jun.
711
00:47:36,019 --> 00:47:36,853
I think...
712
00:47:39,231 --> 00:47:42,442
this is the best place for us to stop.
713
00:47:45,529 --> 00:47:47,781
Instead of a couple
who calls each other every day,
714
00:47:47,990 --> 00:47:49,324
we should meet from time to time
715
00:47:49,616 --> 00:47:52,119
to eat meals and talk about books.
716
00:47:53,328 --> 00:47:57,040
I think that is as far as
our relationship should go.
717
00:47:58,584 --> 00:48:01,545
So we can't be more
than just neighborhood friends.
718
00:48:03,297 --> 00:48:06,592
Work got in the way,
so we couldn't do it often,
719
00:48:07,843 --> 00:48:09,261
but I enjoyed
720
00:48:10,053 --> 00:48:12,347
going to work together
and coming home together.
721
00:48:14,808 --> 00:48:18,729
You said we'd keep it casual.
722
00:48:20,522 --> 00:48:21,690
It made things easier.
723
00:48:25,569 --> 00:48:27,904
If you hadn't felt pressured,
724
00:48:28,822 --> 00:48:30,657
I would've made more moves.
725
00:48:32,326 --> 00:48:35,662
I like you, you know.
You're pure and innocent.
726
00:48:38,540 --> 00:48:39,625
I'm sorry.
727
00:48:40,709 --> 00:48:42,336
This isn't your fault,
728
00:48:43,754 --> 00:48:45,255
so don't feel guilty.
729
00:48:49,259 --> 00:48:51,637
Dan-i, how about this then?
730
00:48:52,262 --> 00:48:54,765
Let's fold
the corner of this page for now.
731
00:48:55,974 --> 00:48:57,392
There are times
732
00:48:57,893 --> 00:49:00,479
when we want to take a break from
reading a book.
733
00:49:01,521 --> 00:49:03,774
So we leave it marked
by folding the corner of the page
734
00:49:05,067 --> 00:49:07,319
to read it later on.
735
00:49:08,195 --> 00:49:09,363
Let's do that too.
736
00:49:10,322 --> 00:49:11,698
We'll leave this page marked
737
00:49:12,574 --> 00:49:13,617
and open the book again
738
00:49:13,950 --> 00:49:17,037
whenever you want to.
739
00:49:24,002 --> 00:49:24,836
Until then,
740
00:49:25,504 --> 00:49:28,507
promise me you'll remain my friend
who eats udon with me.
741
00:49:29,466 --> 00:49:30,300
All right?
742
00:49:34,429 --> 00:49:35,263
Sure.
743
00:49:38,517 --> 00:49:40,435
Let's eat before it gets cold.
744
00:49:57,285 --> 00:50:01,248
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i> BOOK CONCERT
745
00:50:01,832 --> 00:50:02,874
How does it look?
746
00:50:02,958 --> 00:50:04,334
<i>DEAR STRANGERS</i> BOOK CONCERT
747
00:50:04,418 --> 00:50:06,086
-It seems tilted.
-Should I lower it?
748
00:50:06,336 --> 00:50:07,963
-Yes, a little.
-How about this?
749
00:50:08,255 --> 00:50:09,381
-Okay.
-Good.
750
00:50:09,464 --> 00:50:10,590
-Pass the pin, please.
-Here.
751
00:50:12,217 --> 00:50:14,261
Shouldn't Ms. Seo be here by now?
752
00:50:14,386 --> 00:50:17,013
She's speaking at a seminar for marketers.
753
00:50:17,097 --> 00:50:18,598
She'll head right over.
754
00:50:19,015 --> 00:50:21,184
She should be here any moment.
755
00:50:21,268 --> 00:50:23,603
Don't the other teams come
when we hold a book reading event?
756
00:50:23,770 --> 00:50:24,980
Most of the time, they can't.
757
00:50:25,188 --> 00:50:27,357
I think only Ms. Go
will be attending today.
758
00:50:27,441 --> 00:50:30,193
President Kim and Mr. Bong
are meeting with reporters.
759
00:50:31,194 --> 00:50:33,739
You know what's funny though?
They let us buy them meals,
760
00:50:33,822 --> 00:50:35,615
but they never write articles.
761
00:50:35,699 --> 00:50:38,618
I don't get why
President Kim even bothers.
762
00:50:38,702 --> 00:50:40,078
Yes, have it fixed there.
763
00:50:41,204 --> 00:50:42,706
Hello? Where are you?
764
00:50:42,789 --> 00:50:44,458
<i>Oh, Dan-i.</i>
765
00:50:45,041 --> 00:50:47,627
<i>I'm sorry, but something came up.</i>
766
00:50:48,211 --> 00:50:51,923
<i>I got into an accident on my way.</i>
767
00:50:52,007 --> 00:50:54,134
What accident? Are you hurt?
768
00:50:54,217 --> 00:50:56,052
<i>I'm not exactly hurt.</i>
769
00:50:57,179 --> 00:51:01,099
An accident just happened.
770
00:51:01,183 --> 00:51:04,227
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to
771
00:51:04,770 --> 00:51:06,688
make it to the event.
772
00:51:06,855 --> 00:51:08,523
What happened? What's going on?
773
00:51:08,607 --> 00:51:10,901
<i>We need you at this event!</i>
774
00:51:10,984 --> 00:51:12,694
I'm glad you didn't get hurt,
775
00:51:13,195 --> 00:51:14,321
but what's going on?
776
00:51:14,905 --> 00:51:15,947
<i>Forget it.</i>
777
00:51:16,531 --> 00:51:19,367
I'm sick and tired of lying anyway.
778
00:51:20,452 --> 00:51:21,828
<i>Just keep it to yourself though.</i>
779
00:51:22,287 --> 00:51:23,663
<i>There was no accident. </i>
780
00:51:24,873 --> 00:51:26,333
My kid is a little sick.
781
00:51:28,919 --> 00:51:30,587
<i>The seminar ended early,</i>
782
00:51:30,670 --> 00:51:33,381
but his teacher called me.
783
00:51:33,465 --> 00:51:35,926
He had a high fever.
784
00:51:37,552 --> 00:51:40,847
I rushed over here
and he could barely open his eyes.
785
00:51:48,021 --> 00:51:49,356
This is how it's always been.
786
00:51:51,024 --> 00:51:52,150
My son would get sick
787
00:51:52,692 --> 00:51:54,027
<i>or I'd have a family event.</i>
788
00:51:54,486 --> 00:51:56,112
<i>Whenever something came up with my family,</i>
789
00:51:56,196 --> 00:51:59,658
<i>I lied about it.
That's how I've been living.</i>
790
00:52:01,034 --> 00:52:02,369
What about Mr. Bong?
791
00:52:02,452 --> 00:52:04,496
He's meeting with the reporters.
792
00:52:05,914 --> 00:52:08,959
Besides, no one calls the dad
when things like this happen.
793
00:52:09,376 --> 00:52:10,794
It's always the mom.
794
00:52:12,963 --> 00:52:14,631
It's always me.
795
00:52:20,637 --> 00:52:21,888
I can't be at the event today.
796
00:52:22,848 --> 00:52:25,058
I can't leave my son like this.
797
00:52:27,519 --> 00:52:29,396
Sure, I understand.
798
00:52:29,479 --> 00:52:32,107
<i>Tell the others that I was in an accident.</i>
799
00:52:32,190 --> 00:52:34,568
<i>Just keep the truth between us, okay?</i>
800
00:52:34,651 --> 00:52:36,403
<i>That's what friends do.</i>
801
00:52:36,611 --> 00:52:39,364
Sure, I won't tell anyone.
802
00:52:40,782 --> 00:52:42,325
Friend, you trust me, right?
803
00:52:43,076 --> 00:52:44,536
<i>Yes. Thank you.</i>
804
00:52:47,038 --> 00:52:48,290
There's one more thing.
805
00:52:50,125 --> 00:52:53,503
I had all my calls forwarded to you
806
00:52:54,087 --> 00:52:55,589
in case of an emergency.
807
00:52:56,840 --> 00:52:58,174
Sure, I got it.
808
00:52:59,175 --> 00:53:01,469
I'll try and manage things here.
809
00:53:01,636 --> 00:53:02,721
<i>Right. I'm sorry.</i>
810
00:53:06,808 --> 00:53:09,352
What is it? Is Ms. Seo not coming?
811
00:53:09,853 --> 00:53:14,357
She got into an accident on the way.
She'll explain tomorrow.
812
00:53:14,983 --> 00:53:16,776
What kind of accident? Mr. Cha!
813
00:53:18,194 --> 00:53:20,447
What do we do?
Ms. Seo can't make it today.
814
00:53:21,031 --> 00:53:23,408
Ms. Seo, I have your delivery.
815
00:53:24,200 --> 00:53:26,536
Guys, can you get that?
816
00:53:26,620 --> 00:53:27,579
Sure.
817
00:53:28,914 --> 00:53:31,082
What do we do?
Ms. Seo got into an accident.
818
00:53:31,249 --> 00:53:33,126
She arranged this entire event,
819
00:53:33,209 --> 00:53:34,419
so what do we do without her?
820
00:53:34,502 --> 00:53:37,422
-Was it a major accident?
-Not exactly.
821
00:53:37,505 --> 00:53:39,966
But what are we going to do?
822
00:53:41,343 --> 00:53:42,510
Dan-i.
823
00:53:42,761 --> 00:53:44,971
You should take charge.
You prepared it with her.
824
00:53:45,555 --> 00:53:48,183
No. I literally just helped Ms. Seo...
825
00:53:49,309 --> 00:53:50,393
I can't.
826
00:53:50,477 --> 00:53:53,104
And I've only been to
a few public reading events.
827
00:53:53,188 --> 00:53:55,357
You held events when you worked at
an advertising agency.
828
00:53:55,440 --> 00:53:56,524
Do what you did back then.
829
00:53:56,942 --> 00:53:59,569
You're the only one who worked
on putting this event together.
830
00:54:00,070 --> 00:54:01,988
No, listen. I don't have much time left.
831
00:54:02,072 --> 00:54:04,032
Dan-i, you have me.
832
00:54:05,241 --> 00:54:06,660
Whatever happens, it'll be okay.
833
00:54:06,743 --> 00:54:07,744
I'll handle it.
834
00:54:08,036 --> 00:54:08,912
Trust me.
835
00:54:10,914 --> 00:54:12,749
Hey, where should I put this?
836
00:54:12,958 --> 00:54:14,167
-Wait...
-Here?
837
00:54:14,250 --> 00:54:16,920
Put everything over there. There.
838
00:54:17,003 --> 00:54:17,879
Okay.
839
00:54:20,215 --> 00:54:21,299
Hello?
840
00:54:21,800 --> 00:54:25,053
Yes, I'm in charge
of Ms. Yu's public reading event.
841
00:54:29,683 --> 00:54:30,767
How many?
842
00:54:31,685 --> 00:54:34,187
Okay. I understand.
843
00:54:36,398 --> 00:54:37,482
What should we do?
844
00:54:37,983 --> 00:54:40,735
Students from Gangsin Women's University
can't make it today.
845
00:54:41,778 --> 00:54:43,488
How many were supposed
to attend from there?
846
00:54:43,571 --> 00:54:45,615
-Fourteen people.
-Fourteen...
847
00:54:47,784 --> 00:54:48,618
We're here.
848
00:54:48,702 --> 00:54:51,621
-Are those books? Please put them there.
-Yes.
849
00:54:51,705 --> 00:54:52,539
Sure.
850
00:54:53,707 --> 00:54:55,875
If 14 people out of 50 can't make it...
851
00:54:56,251 --> 00:54:58,753
Hae-rin, call up some people.
We need 14 people.
852
00:54:58,837 --> 00:55:00,547
Why? Some people can't make it today?
853
00:55:01,673 --> 00:55:02,507
Darn it.
854
00:55:06,886 --> 00:55:09,139
I got this box from the front.
855
00:55:09,222 --> 00:55:11,307
That's the gift for the attendees.
This way, please.
856
00:55:15,687 --> 00:55:18,523
Excuse me. Can anyone make it
to the reading event today?
857
00:55:19,024 --> 00:55:20,942
Can you make it today?
What about you guys?
858
00:55:21,026 --> 00:55:23,319
Can you call and invite people?
We need more people.
859
00:55:23,403 --> 00:55:24,946
-I'll get on it.
-Okay, okay.
860
00:55:25,071 --> 00:55:26,281
-Can you handle this?
-Yes.
861
00:55:26,364 --> 00:55:28,533
Hey, do you have time
for a reading event today?
862
00:55:28,616 --> 00:55:29,784
-Can he make it?
-Yes, yes.
863
00:55:29,868 --> 00:55:31,786
Yes, let me give you the address.
864
00:55:32,328 --> 00:55:34,205
I'll text you the address. Okay.
865
00:55:34,831 --> 00:55:37,167
Can we meet somewhere else today?
866
00:55:37,250 --> 00:55:38,793
It's closer to your company.
867
00:55:39,294 --> 00:55:41,838
You don't have to read the book.
Just come.
868
00:55:41,963 --> 00:55:43,715
Just come to the reading to have fun.
869
00:55:43,798 --> 00:55:45,300
Mom, please come with your secretary.
870
00:55:45,383 --> 00:55:46,718
Aren't you curious about my work?
871
00:55:47,135 --> 00:55:49,596
Or you can bring my blind date here.
872
00:55:49,721 --> 00:55:52,015
I'll go on the blind date
after the reading. Okay?
873
00:55:52,098 --> 00:55:53,558
Did you call them?
874
00:55:53,641 --> 00:55:55,101
I just need about three more people.
875
00:55:55,310 --> 00:55:57,937
Honey, you can ask your mom
to look after Si-yeon.
876
00:55:58,730 --> 00:56:00,607
You have to come. Okay?
877
00:56:02,025 --> 00:56:03,151
Please excuse me.
878
00:56:04,527 --> 00:56:07,572
Hey Sis. Can you bring the others?
879
00:56:08,323 --> 00:56:11,117
It's for Yu Myeong-suk, the writer.
It's a book reading event.
880
00:56:12,035 --> 00:56:13,745
How can you not know her?
881
00:56:15,330 --> 00:56:16,623
Come even if you don't know.
882
00:56:16,706 --> 00:56:20,210
Okay. I'll be there with your mom.
883
00:56:20,835 --> 00:56:22,504
Honey, we're done for the day.
884
00:56:22,587 --> 00:56:24,089
Hae-rin needs people for her work.
885
00:56:24,172 --> 00:56:26,591
-It's too early to close.
-Let's just do it.
886
00:56:28,093 --> 00:56:30,428
We have a chance to
get our revenge on Eun-ho.
887
00:56:32,180 --> 00:56:33,264
A chance?
888
00:56:35,016 --> 00:56:36,351
Just be yourself, ma'am.
889
00:56:37,268 --> 00:56:40,063
You were great on my podcast
the other day.
890
00:56:41,189 --> 00:56:42,357
There.
891
00:56:46,236 --> 00:56:47,862
Ms. Yu, are you ready?
892
00:56:49,864 --> 00:56:51,449
Did a lot of people come?
893
00:56:51,616 --> 00:56:53,159
Yes, it's a full house.
894
00:56:53,660 --> 00:56:56,037
I must use the restroom first.
895
00:56:56,121 --> 00:56:58,915
-This way, ma'am.
-I can go by myself.
896
00:57:04,045 --> 00:57:04,879
We should start.
897
00:57:05,922 --> 00:57:07,132
You can do a good job, right?
898
00:57:09,342 --> 00:57:11,845
I'll be watching you from somewhere close.
899
00:57:19,811 --> 00:57:22,730
BOOK CONCERT WITH YU MYEONG-SUK
FOR <i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
900
00:57:26,651 --> 00:57:30,321
BOOK CONCERT WITH YU MYEONG-SUK
FOR <i>DEAR STRANGERS</i>
901
00:58:09,068 --> 00:58:10,069
Hello.
902
00:58:10,653 --> 00:58:14,157
My name is Kang Dan-i.
I'm your host for today's book concert.
903
00:58:21,331 --> 00:58:23,458
The weather was quite warm today.
904
00:58:24,459 --> 00:58:27,128
It was warm just like Ms. Yu's writing.
905
00:58:27,795 --> 00:58:30,465
When I got up this morning,
I was very excited
906
00:58:31,049 --> 00:58:34,511
at the thought of
listening to her voice in person.
907
00:58:35,637 --> 00:58:37,931
I'm sure you were excited too.
908
00:58:38,598 --> 00:58:39,766
-Yes!
-Yes!
909
00:58:40,391 --> 00:58:43,645
Then let me introduce
to you Ms. Yu Myeong-suk.
910
00:58:57,283 --> 00:59:01,120
This is my first reading event,
so I'm very nervous.
911
00:59:01,955 --> 00:59:03,414
Hello.
912
00:59:03,915 --> 00:59:06,042
I am author Yu Myeong-suk.
913
00:59:12,048 --> 00:59:14,425
Ms. Yu, I also read your novel.
914
00:59:15,510 --> 00:59:18,304
Could you tell us
what inspired you to write this novel?
915
00:59:19,138 --> 00:59:21,516
-I'm sure some of you
-Does she work at your company?
916
00:59:21,599 --> 00:59:23,935
-haven't read my book.
-Yes, she's on the Task Support Team.
917
00:59:24,644 --> 00:59:27,146
The team leader of the Marketing Team
got into an accident today.
918
00:59:27,230 --> 00:59:28,606
I believe the interpretation is
919
00:59:28,690 --> 00:59:30,400
-I've seen her somewhere.
-up to the readers.
920
00:59:30,483 --> 00:59:33,027
-Where did I see her before?
-I don't like talking about
921
00:59:33,111 --> 00:59:34,654
my own work.
922
00:59:35,363 --> 00:59:38,324
But it's impossible not to do so
at an event like this.
923
00:59:42,787 --> 00:59:45,081
The year when I turned 40,
924
00:59:45,665 --> 00:59:47,667
my close friend died
925
00:59:48,835 --> 00:59:50,003
without leaving a will.
926
00:59:51,462 --> 00:59:55,341
Since then, I couldn't stop
thinking about my friend's death.
927
00:59:56,426 --> 00:59:59,470
"How was she feeling? Why did she do it?"
928
01:00:00,346 --> 01:00:01,848
Your shirt...
929
01:00:03,099 --> 01:00:04,183
My shirt?
930
01:00:04,517 --> 01:00:06,019
It was a gift. Why?
931
01:00:06,936 --> 01:00:11,316
I couldn't fulfill my curiosity
even when I had gotten older.
932
01:00:13,318 --> 01:00:15,069
That's how I came to write this book.
933
01:00:16,654 --> 01:00:19,282
I'm sure you would know
if you read my novel.
934
01:00:19,365 --> 01:00:23,536
This can be a novel
and a prose at the same time.
935
01:00:23,620 --> 01:00:27,415
And in a way,
this can be a letter as well.
936
01:00:30,710 --> 01:00:35,048
Then shall we enjoy
Ms. Yu's reading of the novel now?
937
01:00:46,601 --> 01:00:49,145
"Dear strangers, hello.
938
01:00:51,522 --> 01:00:54,233
I was lonely.
939
01:00:55,652 --> 01:00:59,989
But my solitude made it perfect.
940
01:01:01,240 --> 01:01:04,327
So please don't say something
repulsive like
941
01:01:04,410 --> 01:01:07,246
you miss me, for it disgusts me.
942
01:01:08,873 --> 01:01:12,043
I don't believe God exists.
943
01:01:13,002 --> 01:01:15,254
But I hope that..."
944
01:01:15,755 --> 01:01:18,049
Living as a stay-at-home mom
must've been stressful for you.
945
01:01:18,132 --> 01:01:21,552
I believe my experience will contribute
to the company's continued success.
946
01:01:21,636 --> 01:01:23,471
"...you're at least waiting for me.."
947
01:01:23,805 --> 01:01:26,766
-I remembered where I saw her.
-"And that we will recognize each other."
948
01:01:26,849 --> 01:01:27,809
Ms. Kang Dan-i?
949
01:01:27,892 --> 01:01:31,229
-She came to my company for an interview.
-"And for that reason..."
950
01:01:31,312 --> 01:01:32,563
Isn't it an advertising company?
951
01:01:32,647 --> 01:01:34,440
She used to be a copywriter.
952
01:01:34,691 --> 01:01:36,526
She won a lot of awards in college too.
953
01:01:49,455 --> 01:01:50,540
What do you mean?
954
01:01:51,582 --> 01:01:52,709
She's a high school graduate.
955
01:01:55,044 --> 01:01:56,337
Is that what she said?
956
01:01:59,340 --> 01:02:00,216
This is interesting.
957
01:02:20,820 --> 01:02:25,491
I LIKED HOW DAN-I WAS HESITANT
BECAUSE THERE WAS NO NEED TO RUSH
958
01:02:26,367 --> 01:02:28,035
IT'S OKAY
IF YOU REALIZE YOUR FEELINGS LATER
959
01:02:28,119 --> 01:02:29,370
MY LOVE FOR YOU DOESN'T CHANGE
960
01:02:29,454 --> 01:02:30,913
I LOVED YOU FIRST, SO I'LL WAIT
961
01:02:30,997 --> 01:02:32,707
THE LONGER I WAIT,
THE DEEPER MY LOVE WILL BE
962
01:02:33,040 --> 01:02:35,668
A FRIENDLY TIE BEGINS
WHEN SOMEONE SLEEPS ON YOUR SHOULDERS
963
01:02:35,752 --> 01:02:37,170
I LIKED IT WHEN DAN-I BECKONED TO ME
964
01:02:37,253 --> 01:02:39,255
IT FELT LIKE
SHE WAS GIVING ME PERMISSION TO LIKE HER
965
01:02:39,338 --> 01:02:42,341
WHEN WE EXCHANGE LINES FROM OUR HEART
WE CRY, SMILE, AND LEARN TO LOVE OTHERS
966
01:02:42,425 --> 01:02:44,093
WHEN WE HELD HANDS IT FELT DIFFERENT
967
01:02:44,177 --> 01:02:45,678
THE WARMTH WASHED AWAY ALL MY WORRIES
968
01:02:49,348 --> 01:02:52,226
<i>I was going to wait
until you reciprocated my feelings</i>
969
01:02:52,310 --> 01:02:54,812
<i>and realized your feelings on your own.</i>
970
01:02:54,896 --> 01:02:56,856
You like me.
971
01:02:57,607 --> 01:03:00,902
<i>The pollack</i>
<i>had his eyes glued to the cuttlefish.</i>
972
01:03:00,985 --> 01:03:02,904
<i>How should I kill these two?</i>
973
01:03:04,405 --> 01:03:06,866
You drank with her.
And I'm only here because you called me.
974
01:03:06,949 --> 01:03:09,744
You're her boss, so you should carry her.
I'm practically a stranger.
975
01:03:09,827 --> 01:03:11,204
Hey, Hae-rin.
976
01:03:11,287 --> 01:03:13,998
What are you doing right now?
You want to sleep here with me?
977
01:03:14,081 --> 01:03:15,500
-Do you trust me?
-Eun-ho.
978
01:03:15,708 --> 01:03:17,668
<i>We are just going to sleep. That's all.</i>
979
01:03:17,960 --> 01:03:19,670
<i>Did you know about this?</i>
980
01:03:20,755 --> 01:03:23,341
<i>Fire Dan-i, Mr. Cha.</i>
981
01:03:27,261 --> 01:03:29,305
{\an8}Subtitle translation by Hye-lim Park