"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep13 (English)

1
00:00:18,894 --> 00:00:20,521
WE

2
00:00:20,604 --> 00:00:23,106
MET

3
00:00:33,033 --> 00:00:34,368
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,451 --> 00:00:38,372
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,956 --> 00:00:43,168
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:45,337 --> 00:00:47,506
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,589 --> 00:00:50,342
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,759 --> 00:00:53,887
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,472 --> 00:00:59,518
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:04,356 --> 00:01:07,734
RÉSUMÉ
NAME: KANG DAN-I

11
00:01:07,818 --> 00:01:13,574
VOLUME 13

12
00:01:13,657 --> 00:01:15,951
She's obviously very qualified,

13
00:01:16,618 --> 00:01:18,662
but we can't show a résumé like this
to companies.

14
00:01:18,745 --> 00:01:20,080
Why? You said she's qualified.

15
00:01:20,163 --> 00:01:21,331
Due to the employment gap.

16
00:01:22,082 --> 00:01:23,542
She was unemployed for seven years.

17
00:01:23,875 --> 00:01:26,003
Advertising agencies
are incredibly fast-paced.

18
00:01:26,587 --> 00:01:28,463
The postings for jobs
that require experience

19
00:01:28,547 --> 00:01:30,632
all say that anyone
who has experience can apply.

20
00:01:31,008 --> 00:01:32,592
Tell me which companies would interview--

21
00:01:32,676 --> 00:01:35,679
It's discrimination and illegal. That's
why the postings say anyone can apply.

22
00:01:36,263 --> 00:01:38,765
They accept applications from everyone
and filter them out.

23
00:01:38,849 --> 00:01:40,517
She will never get an interview.

24
00:01:42,602 --> 00:01:43,979
She was unemployed for seven years,

25
00:01:44,062 --> 00:01:45,897
but she'll need 3 months
at the most to adjust.

26
00:01:46,023 --> 00:01:48,650
Anyone would need that much time
when starting a new job.

27
00:01:49,276 --> 00:01:51,862
Hey, do you think
we've never hired people like her?

28
00:01:51,945 --> 00:01:54,531
Hiring a woman like her
can ruin the atmosphere of the office.

29
00:01:54,865 --> 00:01:55,866
What should her title be?

30
00:01:55,949 --> 00:01:58,035
Manager? Senior Manager?
She was jobless for years.

31
00:01:58,118 --> 00:02:00,120
It's just ambiguous.
Managers won't feel comfortable

32
00:02:00,203 --> 00:02:01,913
giving her petty tasks.

33
00:02:01,997 --> 00:02:05,542
Then could you ask smaller companies--

34
00:02:05,626 --> 00:02:06,668
Hey, Eun-ho.

35
00:02:06,752 --> 00:02:09,880
Just take her out for a nice meal
and cheer her up.

36
00:02:09,963 --> 00:02:11,882
She can't get back into advertising.

37
00:02:11,965 --> 00:02:12,799
Agencies always have

38
00:02:12,883 --> 00:02:14,760
over one hundred applicants
waiting to hear back.

39
00:02:26,271 --> 00:02:27,522
You'll buy all of these?

40
00:02:28,148 --> 00:02:29,191
Shouldn't you try them on?

41
00:02:30,317 --> 00:02:32,110
-Here. These too.
-Are you sure?

42
00:02:37,324 --> 00:02:39,826
Hey. I have a favor to ask you.

43
00:02:39,910 --> 00:02:40,911
What is it?

44
00:02:40,994 --> 00:02:42,996
-Hire someone for your marketing team.
-What?

45
00:02:43,080 --> 00:02:45,082
Even if there's no need.
Just do it for me.

46
00:02:46,583 --> 00:02:48,085
Here.

47
00:02:52,047 --> 00:02:53,715
Hey, this is a fashion company.

48
00:02:54,257 --> 00:02:55,509
Fashion marketing is different.

49
00:02:55,592 --> 00:02:57,260
She'll learn fast.

50
00:02:57,344 --> 00:02:59,179
She's clearly overqualified
for your company.

51
00:02:59,262 --> 00:03:00,180
Just hire her.

52
00:03:00,263 --> 00:03:02,265
Hey, you can't force me to hire her.

53
00:03:03,934 --> 00:03:04,976
Fine. Forget it, then.

54
00:03:05,477 --> 00:03:07,479
I'll courier this back to you
when I get home.

55
00:03:08,105 --> 00:03:09,439
I'll never come here again.

56
00:03:11,400 --> 00:03:12,526
What's with him today?

57
00:03:13,235 --> 00:03:15,779
Hey, does it make sense to you?

58
00:03:15,862 --> 00:03:17,489
She studies hard, is competent,

59
00:03:17,572 --> 00:03:18,824
and more passionate than anyone.

60
00:03:18,907 --> 00:03:21,368
It's ridiculous that not a single company
would hire her.

61
00:03:21,451 --> 00:03:23,120
What are you yelling at me for?

62
00:03:24,454 --> 00:03:25,705
Take this. I'm not buying this.

63
00:03:27,207 --> 00:03:28,250
Hey...

64
00:03:46,435 --> 00:03:48,061
RED SPOTS

65
00:03:57,946 --> 00:03:59,448
Don't call me, Song Hae-rin.

66
00:03:59,531 --> 00:04:00,782
I'm not your friend.

67
00:04:07,581 --> 00:04:09,040
SONG HAE-RIN

68
00:04:10,417 --> 00:04:12,002
SONG HAE-RIN

69
00:04:12,502 --> 00:04:15,464
I want to avoid you
for the time being, Hae-rin.

70
00:04:16,047 --> 00:04:16,882
SONG HAE-RIN

71
00:04:16,965 --> 00:04:19,843
<i>Eun-ho, I'm in your neighborhood now.</i>

72
00:04:20,552 --> 00:04:23,847
<i>I felt bad about being such a nuisance
to Ji Seo-jun when I was drunk,</i>

73
00:04:24,431 --> 00:04:27,934
<i>so I came here to apologize to him,
but he's not answering my calls.</i>

74
00:04:30,437 --> 00:04:34,191
I know that we came out
of the restaurant like this.

75
00:04:37,569 --> 00:04:38,779
Did we go that way?

76
00:04:43,200 --> 00:04:45,368
No, we didn't.

77
00:04:47,746 --> 00:04:48,789
We went this way.

78
00:04:55,295 --> 00:04:56,338
No.

79
00:04:58,590 --> 00:04:59,841
Damn it.

80
00:04:59,925 --> 00:05:02,385
I even slept at his place.
Why can't I remember where it is?

81
00:05:03,303 --> 00:05:05,180
His address should be on his contract.

82
00:05:05,764 --> 00:05:07,557
I should've checked it before coming here.

83
00:05:07,641 --> 00:05:08,809
EUN-HO

84
00:05:11,102 --> 00:05:12,270
<i>Ms. Song.</i>

85
00:05:12,437 --> 00:05:14,940
<i>Mr. Ji Seo-jun is your business partner,
not your friend.</i>

86
00:05:15,315 --> 00:05:17,067
<i>And yes.
You really were a nuisance that day.</i>

87
00:05:17,150 --> 00:05:19,194
<i>Even I would avoid you if I were him.</i>

88
00:05:19,528 --> 00:05:21,238
<i>You'd better apologize to him properly.</i>

89
00:05:21,321 --> 00:05:23,406
<i>We have to work with him
on four more books.</i>

90
00:05:23,824 --> 00:05:24,908
JI SEO-JUN

91
00:05:25,784 --> 00:05:27,369
<i>I washed my sheets.</i>

92
00:05:27,953 --> 00:05:29,913
<i>Some woman slept on my bed
without even washing up.</i>

93
00:05:33,166 --> 00:05:36,169
<i>I washed all the sheets, but I can
still smell the pollack and cuttlefish.</i>

94
00:05:36,920 --> 00:05:38,755
<i>Did you have them in your pocket
or something?</i>

95
00:05:39,756 --> 00:05:42,008
<i>For now, I don't want to answer
that woman's calls.</i>

96
00:05:42,634 --> 00:05:45,011
-What the hell...
-<i>E-mail me for any work-related stuff.</i>

97
00:05:45,095 --> 00:05:46,471
<i>Then I'll get back to you.</i>

98
00:05:47,097 --> 00:05:49,099
So both of them hate me.

99
00:05:53,228 --> 00:05:56,439
Life is plagued by loneliness.
I'm really lonely.

100
00:05:58,775 --> 00:05:59,776
RED SPOTS

101
00:06:02,112 --> 00:06:04,322
<i>I even bought a cake to apologize to you.</i>

102
00:06:04,823 --> 00:06:06,449
<i>I'm really sorry about that night.</i>

103
00:06:07,701 --> 00:06:08,868
<i>I don't need your apology.</i>

104
00:06:09,286 --> 00:06:10,787
<i>I don't want to see you ever again.</i>

105
00:06:12,289 --> 00:06:14,165
<i>Actually, I have one last question.</i>

106
00:06:14,708 --> 00:06:17,460
<i>Did getting dumped by guys
turn you into such a bad drunk?</i>

107
00:06:17,544 --> 00:06:19,796
<i>Or did you get dumped
because you're a terrible drunk?</i>

108
00:06:20,297 --> 00:06:21,506
What the...

109
00:06:22,340 --> 00:06:24,175
Hey, that's not true!
You got it all wrong!

110
00:06:24,759 --> 00:06:27,012
I'm actually a wonderful woman!

111
00:06:32,392 --> 00:06:33,685
Where is his place?

112
00:06:44,779 --> 00:06:47,490
<i>In the past year, I applied
to every experienced position available.</i>

113
00:06:47,574 --> 00:06:49,117
I had more than 50 in-person interviews.

114
00:06:49,200 --> 00:06:51,536
Even if a company is hiring
10 people, they'll never hire

115
00:06:51,620 --> 00:06:53,330
women who are returning
after a career break.

116
00:06:54,164 --> 00:06:55,457
<i>Should I keep living like this?</i>

117
00:06:56,458 --> 00:06:59,252
<i>Let's say I'll die at the age of 80.
That means I'm only halfway through.</i>

118
00:06:59,919 --> 00:07:01,296
Do I have to keep living like this?

119
00:07:05,467 --> 00:07:07,844
Fire Dan-i, Mr. Cha.

120
00:07:08,845 --> 00:07:11,139
Actually, no.
Since she's a contract employee,

121
00:07:11,931 --> 00:07:16,144
terminating her contract
would be the appropriate expression.

122
00:07:23,109 --> 00:07:25,445
GYEOROO IDEA CONTEST

123
00:07:30,617 --> 00:07:31,701
Hey, you're back.

124
00:07:33,286 --> 00:07:34,287
What are you up to?

125
00:07:34,871 --> 00:07:37,582
I want to participate
in the idea competition.

126
00:07:47,258 --> 00:07:48,802
Give me some ideas.

127
00:07:50,053 --> 00:07:51,554
You want my invaluable ideas for free?

128
00:07:52,931 --> 00:07:54,432
What do you want in return?

129
00:08:04,442 --> 00:08:06,069
No, that was half-hearted.

130
00:08:06,152 --> 00:08:07,946
Do it again. On this cheek.

131
00:08:13,743 --> 00:08:15,996
No, that's not enough. Do it properly.

132
00:08:25,296 --> 00:08:27,674
It wasn't bad overall,
but it could've been better.

133
00:08:28,383 --> 00:08:29,634
Is that all you can do?

134
00:08:29,718 --> 00:08:31,136
Do it again.

135
00:08:32,095 --> 00:08:34,180
Just give me some ideas.

136
00:08:37,475 --> 00:08:39,936
Dan-i, I'll be one of the judges
as a founding member.

137
00:08:40,020 --> 00:08:41,563
I must be fair to all participants.

138
00:08:43,773 --> 00:08:45,191
If I were you,

139
00:08:45,900 --> 00:08:48,528
I wouldn't propose a book that's
aiming for short-lived popularity.

140
00:08:48,987 --> 00:08:51,031
I'd rather come up with an idea for a book

141
00:08:51,114 --> 00:08:52,907
that people would remember
for a long time.

142
00:08:54,409 --> 00:08:56,786
It'll be great if it can contribute
to the company's success.

143
00:08:57,662 --> 00:08:59,080
Try to think outside the box.

144
00:09:01,833 --> 00:09:02,709
You never let me down.

145
00:09:04,878 --> 00:09:05,962
That's hard though.

146
00:09:06,796 --> 00:09:07,672
What should I propose?

147
00:09:08,715 --> 00:09:09,758
This is...

148
00:09:10,759 --> 00:09:11,843
A year ago,

149
00:09:12,969 --> 00:09:15,597
when you were trying to find a job,
wasn't it stressful?

150
00:09:15,680 --> 00:09:17,932
You said you had 50 in-person interviews.

151
00:09:18,016 --> 00:09:20,435
It was stressful, of course.

152
00:09:21,061 --> 00:09:24,606
One day, when I was running between
skyscrapers with my résumé in my hand

153
00:09:24,689 --> 00:09:26,232
I felt so sorry for myself.

154
00:09:26,316 --> 00:09:30,320
I thought, "There must be so many desks in
those buildings. Can't they spare me one?"

155
00:09:31,404 --> 00:09:34,699
I had always worked very hard.
I thought it was so unfair.

156
00:09:35,366 --> 00:09:37,827
Money was disappearing from my account
at the speed of light,

157
00:09:37,911 --> 00:09:40,371
and I couldn't land a job
no matter how hard I tried.

158
00:09:43,124 --> 00:09:44,501
Why didn't you come to me for help?

159
00:09:46,377 --> 00:09:48,963
Because I knew it'd upset you.

160
00:09:49,089 --> 00:09:51,591
Still, it would've been better
to be upset about it together.

161
00:09:54,427 --> 00:09:56,387
Why are you asking about that
out of the blue?

162
00:09:56,471 --> 00:09:57,764
It's all in the past now.

163
00:09:58,515 --> 00:10:01,101
Now I have a job,

164
00:10:01,601 --> 00:10:03,394
and I'm doing pretty well at work.

165
00:10:05,647 --> 00:10:07,023
I even have a boyfriend now.

166
00:10:19,119 --> 00:10:20,161
I didn't know

167
00:10:21,162 --> 00:10:23,623
anything back then. I'm sorry.

168
00:10:24,124 --> 00:10:25,583
Did something happen?

169
00:10:26,584 --> 00:10:27,961
No, I was just reminded of it.

170
00:10:30,255 --> 00:10:31,131
By the way,

171
00:10:31,256 --> 00:10:34,342
do you think it's okay for me
to participate in the competition?

172
00:10:34,592 --> 00:10:36,344
I'm a contract employee.
Am I being too eager?

173
00:10:36,845 --> 00:10:37,971
No, that's fine.

174
00:10:38,346 --> 00:10:40,265
Do everything you want to do. It's okay.

175
00:10:41,182 --> 00:10:43,309
-Anyway, what about the study group?
-What?

176
00:10:43,393 --> 00:10:45,395
I heard the new hires are
studying together today.

177
00:10:45,812 --> 00:10:47,105
Ji-yul told me yesterday.

178
00:10:47,981 --> 00:10:50,191
Right. Oh, no.
I have to get ready and head out.

179
00:10:50,275 --> 00:10:51,317
What do I do with all this?

180
00:10:51,526 --> 00:10:53,862
-I'll pack these up for you. Go get ready.
-Thanks.

181
00:11:06,958 --> 00:11:08,793
-Are you ready?
-Thanks.

182
00:11:09,752 --> 00:11:12,338
No, I don't think you're ready yet.

183
00:11:12,797 --> 00:11:14,841
-What do you mean?
-Close your eyes.

184
00:11:15,925 --> 00:11:16,968
Why?

185
00:11:17,594 --> 00:11:18,928
Just close your eyes, please.

186
00:11:36,487 --> 00:11:37,697
What is it?

187
00:11:41,492 --> 00:11:42,535
Is it an earring?

188
00:11:43,119 --> 00:11:44,078
Stay still.

189
00:11:58,092 --> 00:11:59,260
There you go.

190
00:11:59,844 --> 00:12:00,887
Have a look.

191
00:12:07,518 --> 00:12:10,396
I went to see a friend of mine earlier
and thought of you.

192
00:12:10,480 --> 00:12:11,981
Do you like it?

193
00:12:12,065 --> 00:12:14,525
Yes. You picked an earring
that is just like me.

194
00:12:15,568 --> 00:12:18,655
I'm blooming like a beautiful flower,
you know.

195
00:12:19,322 --> 00:12:20,490
What a great choice.

196
00:12:22,200 --> 00:12:24,035
I'll clean the house
and do the laundry as well.

197
00:12:24,118 --> 00:12:25,536
I won't be home when you get back.

198
00:12:26,371 --> 00:12:27,455
Where are you going?

199
00:12:28,748 --> 00:12:29,749
It's a secret.

200
00:12:49,894 --> 00:12:51,646
We're gathered here today

201
00:12:51,729 --> 00:12:54,190
to prepare for the idea contest,

202
00:12:54,273 --> 00:12:58,277
TOP, Tomorrow of Passion, you know?

203
00:12:58,736 --> 00:12:59,862
In other words,

204
00:13:00,530 --> 00:13:02,865
even if we're sitting here together
at the moment,

205
00:13:02,949 --> 00:13:07,954
we'll be competing against each other
in this competition.

206
00:13:08,538 --> 00:13:10,707
That's right.
The five million won is mine.

207
00:13:10,790 --> 00:13:11,624
I really need it.

208
00:13:11,708 --> 00:13:13,459
Then we'll share information,

209
00:13:13,543 --> 00:13:15,753
but not our ideas, okay?

210
00:13:17,463 --> 00:13:20,383
We shouldn't share any information.
Information is an asset.

211
00:13:20,466 --> 00:13:23,886
Then we'll sit together
but work separately.

212
00:13:25,555 --> 00:13:27,890
Then I'm screwed. I'm totally screwed.

213
00:13:29,183 --> 00:13:30,685
What are you going to do without us?

214
00:13:31,269 --> 00:13:32,353
Gosh, look at that face.

215
00:13:32,979 --> 00:13:35,523
This is a list of
the previous winning ideas

216
00:13:35,606 --> 00:13:37,817
that were turned into books.
Go through this list first.

217
00:13:38,443 --> 00:13:40,820
This is a list of all Gyeoroo's books
organized by year.

218
00:13:40,903 --> 00:13:42,196
Go over this too.

219
00:14:04,093 --> 00:14:07,180
<i>I cleaned the house and did the laundry.
I bought groceries for the week as well.</i>

220
00:14:07,513 --> 00:14:09,348
<i>There's soup on the stove. Heat it up.</i>

221
00:14:10,058 --> 00:14:12,560
<i>I followed a recipe in a cookbook.
I hope it's good.</i>

222
00:14:13,352 --> 00:14:14,437
<i>And sweet dreams.</i>

223
00:14:15,188 --> 00:14:16,189
<i>From Eun-ho.</i>

224
00:14:24,906 --> 00:14:26,616
Where did he go?

225
00:14:28,242 --> 00:14:29,285
This is odd.

226
00:14:29,994 --> 00:14:32,663
Come to think of it,
he often doesn't come home.

227
00:14:34,999 --> 00:14:36,667
Did he go to Kapyong again?

228
00:14:47,637 --> 00:14:49,639
His high fever was caused by pneumonia.

229
00:14:49,722 --> 00:14:52,642
Again? He just recovered from it.

230
00:14:52,725 --> 00:14:55,561
In his current condition,
it's hard to expect any improvement.

231
00:14:55,937 --> 00:14:57,814
He's barely hanging in there.

232
00:14:59,774 --> 00:15:00,733
I have to say,

233
00:15:01,442 --> 00:15:02,819
he has held out for long enough.

234
00:15:04,195 --> 00:15:07,115
You should prepare yourselves
for the worst.

235
00:15:11,994 --> 00:15:12,995
Doctor.

236
00:15:24,340 --> 00:15:25,633
Don't worry.

237
00:15:25,716 --> 00:15:28,302
He said many times
that we should prepare for the worst.

238
00:15:30,054 --> 00:15:31,764
Mr. Kang will get through this,
once again.

239
00:15:32,306 --> 00:15:33,683
It's not that.

240
00:15:35,852 --> 00:15:38,062
I'm just not sure
if I made the right choice.

241
00:15:40,523 --> 00:15:42,900
I could've made a different choice
back then.

242
00:15:44,652 --> 00:15:46,362
I'm not sure if it is right

243
00:15:48,281 --> 00:15:49,824
to just let him go like this.

244
00:15:52,493 --> 00:15:54,579
Is it right
to let him be forgotten like this?

245
00:15:57,331 --> 00:15:59,375
Was keeping the promise
the right thing to do?

246
00:16:02,170 --> 00:16:04,172
Mr. Kang, please tell me

247
00:16:05,715 --> 00:16:06,966
that I did the right thing...

248
00:16:09,135 --> 00:16:10,428
and that what I'm doing is right.

249
00:16:12,847 --> 00:16:14,015
Tell me this is right.

250
00:17:18,204 --> 00:17:19,288
Who's here?

251
00:17:20,623 --> 00:17:21,457
I'll be right back.

252
00:17:31,634 --> 00:17:32,843
Did I mishear it?

253
00:17:49,652 --> 00:17:50,778
Hi, Geum-bi.

254
00:17:56,409 --> 00:17:57,577
<i>Are you all right?</i>

255
00:17:58,077 --> 00:17:59,745
<i>You must've been taken aback that night.</i>

256
00:18:04,375 --> 00:18:06,335
<i>I wanted to tell you that I'm fine now.</i>

257
00:18:10,798 --> 00:18:14,468
<i>You said you wouldn't answer my calls,
so I came to see you in person</i>

258
00:18:16,512 --> 00:18:18,723
<i>because there's something
I really want to tell you.</i>

259
00:18:22,518 --> 00:18:24,812
<i>I quit drinking as of that day.</i>

260
00:18:26,856 --> 00:18:29,817
<i>So please forgive me now.</i>

261
00:18:38,451 --> 00:18:41,495
<i>To me, you're the perfect book designer.</i>

262
00:18:56,761 --> 00:18:58,596
What? Where did everyone go?

263
00:18:59,096 --> 00:19:00,264
It's lunchtime, you know.

264
00:19:01,223 --> 00:19:02,892
You probably haven't had lunch yet.

265
00:19:03,351 --> 00:19:05,019
-Shall we have lunch together?
-Shall we?

266
00:19:05,519 --> 00:19:07,563
Wait, I have to vote first.

267
00:19:08,272 --> 00:19:09,357
-Just a second.
-Okay.

268
00:19:14,737 --> 00:19:16,364
-A circle?
-I'm not sure.

269
00:19:19,825 --> 00:19:20,701
Let's go.

270
00:19:30,169 --> 00:19:31,253
This is so good.

271
00:19:31,337 --> 00:19:33,506
Hey, I was starving.

272
00:19:34,757 --> 00:19:36,550
I had to check out
a few online bookstores.

273
00:19:36,967 --> 00:19:39,929
Why do I always have so much work to do?
I'm always so swamped.

274
00:19:41,889 --> 00:19:43,349
Speaking of which,

275
00:19:43,432 --> 00:19:45,393
are you interested in joining my team?

276
00:19:47,186 --> 00:19:49,939
Well, I'd love that.

277
00:19:50,022 --> 00:19:52,525
But will that be okay?
As you know, I'm a contract employee.

278
00:19:52,608 --> 00:19:53,526
Give me some time.

279
00:19:53,609 --> 00:19:55,528
The founding members' meeting
will be held soon,

280
00:19:55,903 --> 00:19:57,113
so I'll bring it up then.

281
00:19:57,196 --> 00:19:59,365
I'll ask if you can be
transferred to my team.

282
00:20:00,157 --> 00:20:01,075
-Really?
-Yes.

283
00:20:01,575 --> 00:20:03,244
But don't get your hopes up too high.

284
00:20:03,411 --> 00:20:05,871
-You're teasing me now, right?
-Yes, I am.

285
00:20:06,455 --> 00:20:07,456
This is so yummy.

286
00:20:08,708 --> 00:20:10,292
Hey, why are you going so fast?

287
00:20:10,876 --> 00:20:11,961
Let's go.

288
00:20:13,754 --> 00:20:14,672
Hey, Geum-bi.

289
00:20:20,344 --> 00:20:21,595
Let's go. Come on.

290
00:20:47,288 --> 00:20:48,581
Ta-da!

291
00:20:48,664 --> 00:20:50,833
Shouldn't you be at work?
Why are you following me?

292
00:20:50,916 --> 00:20:53,711
I took today off because of you.

293
00:20:53,794 --> 00:20:56,213
I told you to e-mail me.
Why are you doing this?

294
00:20:56,672 --> 00:20:58,174
You've been bothering me all day.

295
00:20:58,257 --> 00:21:01,886
I made a mistake, so I have to fix it.

296
00:21:02,595 --> 00:21:05,598
Also, you signed with me.

297
00:21:06,599 --> 00:21:09,059
I always take care of those
who signed with me to the end.

298
00:21:09,351 --> 00:21:12,688
Not a single contract has ended
on a sour note.

299
00:21:13,272 --> 00:21:14,440
So what's your point?

300
00:21:16,817 --> 00:21:19,403
I'm so sorry about that day, Mr. Ji.

301
00:21:19,695 --> 00:21:22,198
And I really quit drinking.

302
00:21:22,907 --> 00:21:24,158
Do you know how scared I was?

303
00:21:24,241 --> 00:21:26,786
You made cucumber soju
when you were allergic to cucumbers.

304
00:21:27,453 --> 00:21:28,829
Jeez, what's wrong with you?

305
00:21:28,913 --> 00:21:31,290
That will never happen again
until your contract ends.

306
00:21:31,373 --> 00:21:34,668
I'll work harder to become
a better partner.

307
00:21:35,586 --> 00:21:38,214
Okay, please do.

308
00:21:42,802 --> 00:21:44,220
Get home safely.

309
00:21:45,554 --> 00:21:48,015
Gosh, I'm hungry.
I haven't even had lunch yet.

310
00:21:48,766 --> 00:21:51,352
We've reconciled,
but I guess you'll say no

311
00:21:51,435 --> 00:21:54,313
if I ask you to have lunch with me, right?

312
00:21:57,066 --> 00:21:58,108
He's ignoring me.

313
00:22:02,404 --> 00:22:03,656
<i>Mr. Cha.</i>

314
00:22:03,906 --> 00:22:06,617
<i>I apologized formally to Mr. Ji.</i>

315
00:22:07,076 --> 00:22:08,536
<i>He's no longer mad at me.</i>

316
00:22:09,870 --> 00:22:12,414
<i>From now on, I'll draw a clear line
between work and personal life.</i>

317
00:22:16,585 --> 00:22:17,628
I'm hungry.

318
00:22:18,754 --> 00:22:20,631
Hey, what kind of nonsense is this?

319
00:22:20,714 --> 00:22:23,217
Look. This shocking news
was uploaded five minutes ago.

320
00:22:24,260 --> 00:22:25,219
Apparently, this blogger

321
00:22:25,302 --> 00:22:28,222
saw Kang Byeong-jun in Amsterdam.

322
00:22:28,305 --> 00:22:29,598
He was with a young woman.

323
00:22:29,682 --> 00:22:31,475
When he asked him if he's Kang Byeong-jun,

324
00:22:31,559 --> 00:22:33,852
he suddenly started speaking Japanese
and walked away.

325
00:22:34,353 --> 00:22:36,105
But he was speaking Korean up until then.

326
00:22:36,188 --> 00:22:37,398
-Is this real?
-Exactly.

327
00:22:37,481 --> 00:22:39,608
People are going crazy right now,

328
00:22:39,692 --> 00:22:41,652
saying he must've faked his disappearance

329
00:22:41,735 --> 00:22:43,529
so he could be with his lover.

330
00:22:44,113 --> 00:22:48,784
My gosh, what is all the fuss about?

331
00:22:49,285 --> 00:22:50,911
Rumors saying he disappeared or escaped

332
00:22:50,995 --> 00:22:53,205
have no grounds or basis in fact.

333
00:22:53,289 --> 00:22:55,708
There were even rumors
saying that we locked him up.

334
00:22:55,791 --> 00:22:57,710
-Exactly.
-But I can understand why.

335
00:22:57,793 --> 00:22:59,753
He announced his retirement
out of the blue,

336
00:22:59,837 --> 00:23:02,631
gave his publication rights
to our company, and vanished.

337
00:23:02,715 --> 00:23:05,509
I'm sure he had a good reason
for doing that.

338
00:23:05,593 --> 00:23:09,013
Why are people so curious about
his grand plan?

339
00:23:09,096 --> 00:23:13,726
I believe that he'll suddenly
show up again one day

340
00:23:13,809 --> 00:23:16,604
just like how he suddenly disappeared.

341
00:23:17,104 --> 00:23:18,397
Do you want to know why?

342
00:23:19,732 --> 00:23:21,692
That's because <i>The Heroes</i>
still remains unfinished.

343
00:23:22,276 --> 00:23:23,736
What's <i>The Heroes</i>?

344
00:23:23,819 --> 00:23:26,196
It's a book Mr. Kang once mentioned
in an interview.

345
00:23:26,280 --> 00:23:27,448
He was planning on writing it.

346
00:23:27,823 --> 00:23:30,743
But it never got published
because he suddenly retired.

347
00:23:31,994 --> 00:23:33,829
-You're incredible.
-She knows everything.

348
00:23:33,912 --> 00:23:34,997
Dan-i, you're the best.

349
00:23:36,123 --> 00:23:39,418
I'm sure he'll show up one day
with a finished copy of <i>The Heroes</i>.

350
00:23:40,002 --> 00:23:42,379
Right when everyone's off guard,

351
00:23:42,796 --> 00:23:44,798
he'll show up with a great piece of work

352
00:23:44,882 --> 00:23:47,718
and cause a sensation
in the publishing industry.

353
00:23:47,801 --> 00:23:50,429
When that happens,
I'll be in charge of editing <i>The Heroes</i>.

354
00:23:50,638 --> 00:23:52,681
Do you all hear me? Look at me.

355
00:23:52,806 --> 00:23:55,517
I'm going to kill anyone
who tries to take it from me.

356
00:23:55,601 --> 00:23:57,019
-Okay, sir.
-Sure.

357
00:24:23,712 --> 00:24:25,089
<i>THE HEROES</i>

358
00:24:25,172 --> 00:24:27,383
<i>THE HEROES</i>

359
00:24:27,466 --> 00:24:30,010
WRITTEN BY PARK JUNG-HOON

360
00:24:44,817 --> 00:24:47,152
<i>THE HEROES</i>

361
00:24:47,236 --> 00:24:49,780
KANG BYEONG-JUN

362
00:24:54,660 --> 00:24:57,162
KANG BYEONG-JUN HAS DISAPPEARED
<i>THE HEROES</i> BY KANG BYEONG-JUN

363
00:24:57,246 --> 00:24:59,748
"Declaration of the end of
Kang Byeong-jun's writing career.

364
00:25:02,251 --> 00:25:05,879
To me, writing was a form
of showing my desire to live

365
00:25:06,505 --> 00:25:10,092
and a voyage to find the reason
behind my existence."

366
00:25:11,593 --> 00:25:12,511
<i>However,</i>

367
00:25:13,345 --> 00:25:17,015
<i>after the 60-year-long journey,</i>

368
00:25:17,683 --> 00:25:19,601
<i>writing ended up becoming only a career.</i>

369
00:25:20,477 --> 00:25:23,689
<i>And now the only thing that's left
within me is disgrace.</i>

370
00:25:24,440 --> 00:25:26,024
KANG BYEONG-JUN ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT

371
00:25:26,108 --> 00:25:28,444
<i>Everything has lost its meaning,</i>

372
00:25:28,527 --> 00:25:30,070
<i>my desires have faded away,</i>

373
00:25:30,529 --> 00:25:32,614
<i>and it's been a long time
since I lost my purpose.</i>

374
00:25:33,490 --> 00:25:36,702
<i>Now, I have forcefully been driven out</i>

375
00:25:36,785 --> 00:25:40,080
<i>into the barren plain all by myself.</i>

376
00:25:41,498 --> 00:25:46,003
<i>And now, in my final moment,
I am about to talk about myself</i>

377
00:25:47,504 --> 00:25:49,256
<i>before I forget who I am.</i>

378
00:25:49,339 --> 00:25:51,091
KANG BYEONG-JUN ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT

379
00:25:53,969 --> 00:25:57,431
<i>My well is all dried up</i>

380
00:25:57,514 --> 00:25:59,892
<i>and empty.</i>

381
00:26:00,768 --> 00:26:04,188
<i>And now, I am ready to enjoy
my unrighteous freedom.</i>

382
00:26:08,734 --> 00:26:13,197
"And therefore, I, Kang Byeong-jun,
declare my retirement from writing."

383
00:26:16,867 --> 00:26:18,035
What does this mean?

384
00:26:18,202 --> 00:26:21,163
That means there's no definite reason.

385
00:26:22,873 --> 00:26:24,541
Am I the only one who doesn't get it?

386
00:26:27,753 --> 00:26:28,796
Eun-ho, is that you?

387
00:26:31,006 --> 00:26:33,592
You didn't eat, did you?
What were you doing?

388
00:26:34,134 --> 00:26:37,346
I was reading Mr. Kang's declaration
of the end of his writing career.

389
00:26:39,139 --> 00:26:40,307
Why all of a sudden?

390
00:26:40,849 --> 00:26:42,351
Didn't you see the buzz?

391
00:26:42,601 --> 00:26:43,936
He used to be your teacher.

392
00:26:44,186 --> 00:26:45,771
He's the reason why you became a writer.

393
00:26:45,854 --> 00:26:48,065
It all started because he asked you
to write a novel.

394
00:26:50,526 --> 00:26:52,694
He didn't even like my novels.

395
00:26:52,778 --> 00:26:54,238
Do you even know how much he hurt me?

396
00:26:55,364 --> 00:26:56,698
"That's not a novel.

397
00:26:56,782 --> 00:26:58,826
Your writings need to be sincerer."

398
00:26:59,660 --> 00:27:01,411
I became a writer because of you.

399
00:27:01,912 --> 00:27:03,831
You secretly uploaded my novel
on the Internet.

400
00:27:04,331 --> 00:27:05,791
Let's eat. I'm hungry.

401
00:27:06,500 --> 00:27:09,461
You received his declaration, didn't you?

402
00:27:11,421 --> 00:27:12,506
Why do you think so?

403
00:27:13,090 --> 00:27:14,591
I wasn't able to ask you back then

404
00:27:14,675 --> 00:27:17,135
because I was busy raising Jae-hui
and working.

405
00:27:17,219 --> 00:27:20,222
But didn't his declaration
cause a huge controversy?

406
00:27:20,806 --> 00:27:23,433
Back then, I didn't even know
you were working at Gyeoroo.

407
00:27:23,517 --> 00:27:24,977
I thought you were still in school.

408
00:27:26,311 --> 00:27:29,481
You were weird back then. I couldn't get
in touch with you and you were never home.

409
00:27:30,440 --> 00:27:33,068
What's with the sudden interest?
Is it because I'm your boyfriend?

410
00:27:34,319 --> 00:27:37,906
He gave you the declaration, did he?

411
00:27:39,533 --> 00:27:42,703
I read it, and I couldn't understand
a single word.

412
00:27:43,078 --> 00:27:44,246
Why did he retire?

413
00:27:44,329 --> 00:27:46,665
Can you tell me? I'll keep it a secret.

414
00:27:47,249 --> 00:27:48,375
Let's eat. I'm hungry.

415
00:27:48,876 --> 00:27:50,335
Where is he right now?

416
00:27:50,419 --> 00:27:51,837
You keep in touch, don't you?

417
00:27:52,921 --> 00:27:55,674
No, Dan-i.
He disappeared because he wanted to.

418
00:27:55,841 --> 00:27:58,886
And he wrote that declaration
hoping that no one would look for him.

419
00:27:58,969 --> 00:28:02,222
Plus, he never had a deep relationship
with anyone.

420
00:28:03,640 --> 00:28:06,268
I personally think
it was just the right ending for him.

421
00:28:07,561 --> 00:28:10,230
Why do you think of it as an ending?
<i>The Heroes</i> is still unfinished.

422
00:28:12,900 --> 00:28:14,151
He retired.

423
00:28:14,401 --> 00:28:16,278
He'll come back with that book.

424
00:28:16,361 --> 00:28:17,946
I'm not the only one who thinks that.

425
00:28:18,196 --> 00:28:21,116
Everyone at work said the same thing.
They all think he'll come back.

426
00:28:22,284 --> 00:28:24,036
I hope he comes back dramatically

427
00:28:24,620 --> 00:28:26,413
and shocks the world.

428
00:28:27,789 --> 00:28:29,833
By the way,
did you read the poetry collection?

429
00:28:30,751 --> 00:28:31,668
Yes, it was nice.

430
00:28:32,336 --> 00:28:33,545
Are you going to publish it?

431
00:28:33,629 --> 00:28:35,881
What do you think?
Do you think we should publish it?

432
00:28:36,465 --> 00:28:38,592
Yes, it was really nice.

433
00:28:39,718 --> 00:28:40,886
Did you vote for it?

434
00:28:42,679 --> 00:28:44,014
-I'm not sure.
-No?

435
00:28:44,598 --> 00:28:46,016
-Just eat.
-Vote for it, okay?

436
00:29:26,974 --> 00:29:27,933
Hello.

437
00:29:32,020 --> 00:29:34,398
-Park Hoon!
-My goodness.

438
00:29:35,107 --> 00:29:36,191
Good morning.

439
00:29:36,984 --> 00:29:39,486
-Did you take the bus?
-Of course.

440
00:30:07,264 --> 00:30:08,265
He's so cool.

441
00:30:28,410 --> 00:30:29,745
She's so cool.

442
00:31:23,840 --> 00:31:25,425
What's going on?

443
00:31:25,926 --> 00:31:29,262
My gosh, Ji-yul.
You still have a lot to learn.

444
00:31:29,846 --> 00:31:31,264
It's Gyeoroo's tradition.

445
00:31:31,348 --> 00:31:34,393
It's my first time seeing it
since I started working here 3 years ago.

446
00:31:34,976 --> 00:31:36,937
But you guys are lucky. You got to see it

447
00:31:37,020 --> 00:31:38,438
in your first year.

448
00:31:38,522 --> 00:31:40,816
When Gyeoroo was first established,
they all wore that

449
00:31:40,899 --> 00:31:42,818
to visit all the important places

450
00:31:43,068 --> 00:31:45,112
like binderies, printing shops
and bookstores.

451
00:31:45,195 --> 00:31:47,322
But why is today an important day?

452
00:31:47,531 --> 00:31:49,699
Today, they're going to decide

453
00:31:49,783 --> 00:31:51,368
if we should publish a poetry collection.

454
00:31:51,451 --> 00:31:52,953
Oh, right. The coin bank.

455
00:31:54,204 --> 00:31:55,247
This is incredible.

456
00:31:55,956 --> 00:31:56,790
This is so cool.

457
00:32:11,972 --> 00:32:12,806
Should I open it?

458
00:32:13,974 --> 00:32:15,183
Let's begin.

459
00:32:16,643 --> 00:32:17,644
"Just like...

460
00:32:18,645 --> 00:32:22,274
how someone's poetry once saved my life,

461
00:32:22,899 --> 00:32:26,278
I hope my poetry can also
reach someone in need

462
00:32:26,987 --> 00:32:29,322
and save that person as well."

463
00:32:30,407 --> 00:32:31,908
It's the poem that Mr. Na wrote.

464
00:32:33,243 --> 00:32:35,162
I hope you all made the right choice.

465
00:32:35,245 --> 00:32:36,663
You cannot rewind time,

466
00:32:36,746 --> 00:32:40,167
and you cannot regret losing a gem
once it's already gone.

467
00:32:40,250 --> 00:32:41,835
You all get what I mean, right? So--

468
00:32:41,918 --> 00:32:44,713
Wait a minute. Let me also say something
as the president.

469
00:32:47,757 --> 00:32:48,967
Everyone.

470
00:32:49,551 --> 00:32:53,472
You are the founding members
of Gyeoroo Publishing.

471
00:32:53,555 --> 00:32:55,474
Are you okay with being the fifth
in the industry?

472
00:32:56,558 --> 00:32:58,143
We must become the best.

473
00:32:58,226 --> 00:33:00,061
Gyeoroo, never slow down,

474
00:33:00,145 --> 00:33:01,354
and keep going!

475
00:33:01,605 --> 00:33:02,647
Gosh, he's so loud.

476
00:33:04,274 --> 00:33:05,859
-I'll open it now.
-Okay.

477
00:33:07,861 --> 00:33:11,114
My gosh, wait. I'm so nervous.
Wait a minute.

478
00:33:11,198 --> 00:33:13,450
Gosh, what should I do? Wait.

479
00:33:14,826 --> 00:33:17,162
Hey, it's a circle. Look.

480
00:33:17,245 --> 00:33:18,955
Don't be so happy. I'm sure it's from you.

481
00:33:20,916 --> 00:33:23,335
It might not be mine. Gosh, you punk.

482
00:33:30,175 --> 00:33:32,594
The result is pretty much obvious.
Must we check?

483
00:33:32,677 --> 00:33:34,262
Don't you think this is too cruel?

484
00:33:34,346 --> 00:33:36,014
There aren't even that many,
so let's check.

485
00:33:39,059 --> 00:33:40,227
It's another circle.

486
00:33:41,144 --> 00:33:43,355
See? Do you see that, you punk?

487
00:33:44,356 --> 00:33:45,607
Ms. Seo, is this yours?

488
00:33:45,690 --> 00:33:48,610
You can't let your personal feelings
get involved in this.

489
00:33:48,693 --> 00:33:52,572
Why would I have any personal feelings
for Mr. Bong?

490
00:33:52,697 --> 00:33:57,244
My vote was solely based
on the poetry collection.

491
00:33:57,619 --> 00:33:59,996
See? She said it was based
on the poetry collection.

492
00:34:03,250 --> 00:34:04,709
My goodness, look!

493
00:34:04,793 --> 00:34:06,586
Gosh, this is incredible. Goodness.

494
00:34:07,212 --> 00:34:08,672
My gosh.

495
00:34:09,714 --> 00:34:10,674
I'm so happy.

496
00:34:12,634 --> 00:34:13,802
I liked the poems.

497
00:34:13,885 --> 00:34:16,471
That's not a good enough reason.
You're the chief editor.

498
00:34:16,555 --> 00:34:17,806
Are you serious?

499
00:34:17,889 --> 00:34:19,808
One more vote, and it'll be over.

500
00:34:19,891 --> 00:34:21,351
Yes, who's left?

501
00:34:29,651 --> 00:34:30,777
That's right.

502
00:34:30,860 --> 00:34:34,072
If the last vote is against it,
it'll all be over.

503
00:34:36,992 --> 00:34:38,410
My gosh, wait.

504
00:34:46,167 --> 00:34:49,087
Seriously? My gosh!
We're going to publish it!

505
00:34:54,718 --> 00:34:55,760
We'll get to publish it.

506
00:35:01,766 --> 00:35:02,934
Ms. Go.

507
00:35:03,101 --> 00:35:06,354
I thought at least
you would be on my side.

508
00:35:06,438 --> 00:35:09,816
Don't get me wrong.
I'm on your side most of the time.

509
00:35:10,442 --> 00:35:11,776
But this poem collection was nice.

510
00:35:11,860 --> 00:35:15,155
With a good marketing plan,
I'm sure it'll sell well.

511
00:35:15,238 --> 00:35:18,199
I'm already overwhelmed
with Ji-hong being so unrealistic.

512
00:35:18,283 --> 00:35:20,243
What is wrong with you guys?

513
00:35:20,827 --> 00:35:22,704
Let's have a marketing meeting
this afternoon.

514
00:35:29,753 --> 00:35:31,212
I can't believe this.

515
00:35:31,296 --> 00:35:34,591
<i>We'll be publishing a poetry collection</i>

516
00:35:39,095 --> 00:35:41,139
-Let's move onto the next agenda.
-Okay.

517
00:35:43,892 --> 00:35:44,976
She's here.

518
00:35:46,519 --> 00:35:47,687
How did it go?

519
00:35:53,777 --> 00:35:54,778
This is great.

520
00:35:54,861 --> 00:35:57,364
If this goes well, we can publish
a series of poetry collections.

521
00:35:58,073 --> 00:36:00,408
I'm pretty sure I wrote up a list of poets
a long time ago.

522
00:36:00,909 --> 00:36:02,869
I should ask my wife
to get me some herbal tonics.

523
00:36:02,952 --> 00:36:05,497
We'll have to work twice as hard
to sell poetry collections.

524
00:36:05,580 --> 00:36:07,707
I can't believe
there's going to be a change.

525
00:36:07,791 --> 00:36:09,959
Are we really going
to publish a poetry collection?

526
00:36:10,085 --> 00:36:13,380
It's our company's very first time
publishing a poetry collection,

527
00:36:13,463 --> 00:36:17,050
and we are witnessing that
historical moment.

528
00:36:17,133 --> 00:36:18,510
This is incredible.

529
00:36:18,593 --> 00:36:21,429
Now, it's our turn
to make a historic announcement

530
00:36:21,513 --> 00:36:22,555
at Gyeoroo Publishing.

531
00:36:27,602 --> 00:36:28,645
What?

532
00:36:28,812 --> 00:36:29,979
-What is it?
-What's going on?

533
00:36:30,605 --> 00:36:31,940
What is it this time?

534
00:36:35,652 --> 00:36:37,362
What are you guys ready for?

535
00:36:40,156 --> 00:36:41,533
We, the newbies,

536
00:36:42,075 --> 00:36:43,910
will be participating
in Tomorrow of Passion,

537
00:36:44,577 --> 00:36:46,746
the idea contest.

538
00:36:48,790 --> 00:36:51,626
When did you prepare everything?
I'm sure you were all busy with work.

539
00:36:52,127 --> 00:36:53,586
That's the spirit.

540
00:36:53,670 --> 00:36:55,422
Great job, you guys.

541
00:36:56,089 --> 00:36:58,216
Did you all do the final check?

542
00:36:58,299 --> 00:37:00,093
Do you all have no regrets?

543
00:37:00,176 --> 00:37:02,929
Then let's click the button.

544
00:37:03,304 --> 00:37:05,557
-Jeez.
-All right.

545
00:37:06,099 --> 00:37:07,142
It's done.

546
00:37:07,726 --> 00:37:09,561
-We did it.
-Wish us luck.

547
00:37:09,644 --> 00:37:11,146
-Good luck.
-Thank you!

548
00:37:11,229 --> 00:37:13,273
-Thank you!
-Good luck!

549
00:37:18,319 --> 00:37:19,154
<i>Give me some time.</i>

550
00:37:19,320 --> 00:37:21,322
<i>The founding members' meeting
will be held soon,</i>

551
00:37:21,781 --> 00:37:22,866
<i>so I'll bring it up then.</i>

552
00:37:22,949 --> 00:37:25,034
I'll ask if you can be
transferred to my team.

553
00:37:25,535 --> 00:37:27,454
But don't get your hopes up too high.

554
00:37:36,129 --> 00:37:37,255
<i>Additional personnel?</i>

555
00:37:37,797 --> 00:37:40,800
I asked for three more last year,
but you only hired one.

556
00:37:40,884 --> 00:37:42,010
I'm drowning in all the work.

557
00:37:42,510 --> 00:37:44,429
We already hired new recruits this year,

558
00:37:44,512 --> 00:37:45,972
so wait until the fall.

559
00:37:46,055 --> 00:37:47,682
What about a department transfer?

560
00:37:48,141 --> 00:37:51,269
It'll take longer
to train new recruits anyway.

561
00:37:51,352 --> 00:37:52,479
Who do you have in mind?

562
00:37:53,062 --> 00:37:55,231
What do you think of
Kang Dan-i on the Task Support Team?

563
00:37:56,065 --> 00:37:58,109
She knows the ins and outs of the team

564
00:37:58,193 --> 00:38:00,195
and is skilled in marketing.

565
00:38:00,570 --> 00:38:03,031
-I can't allow that.
-I think it's a good idea too.

566
00:38:03,114 --> 00:38:05,116
It'll be long before we hire new recruits

567
00:38:05,200 --> 00:38:07,118
and we don't accept employees
with experience.

568
00:38:07,202 --> 00:38:09,370
-If Kang Dan-i--
-Chief Editor Cha.

569
00:38:09,704 --> 00:38:12,248
Didn't you agree
to terminate her contract?

570
00:38:12,332 --> 00:38:15,418
No, the term of her contract isn't up yet,

571
00:38:15,502 --> 00:38:17,962
and we have no reason
to forcibly terminate it.

572
00:38:18,046 --> 00:38:20,507
Hold on a second. What's going on?

573
00:38:20,590 --> 00:38:23,885
Is there an issue with Ms. Kang?

574
00:38:23,968 --> 00:38:25,261
We're talking about a transfer,

575
00:38:25,345 --> 00:38:28,348
so why are you two mentioning
termination of her contract?

576
00:38:28,431 --> 00:38:30,558
What's the problem?
She's great at her work.

577
00:38:30,642 --> 00:38:32,602
-Ms. Kang--
-Hold on.

578
00:38:33,812 --> 00:38:36,189
Is there a reason
to terminate her contract?

579
00:38:36,272 --> 00:38:40,235
She lied on her résumé
regarding her academic background.

580
00:38:41,236 --> 00:38:42,153
What?

581
00:38:48,743 --> 00:38:50,245
So Dan-i is not a high school graduate

582
00:38:50,328 --> 00:38:52,539
and she actually graduated
from a prestigious university.

583
00:38:54,123 --> 00:38:56,876
SH Advertising is a huge company.

584
00:38:57,377 --> 00:38:59,838
No one would hire her as is,

585
00:38:59,921 --> 00:39:01,881
so she lied about her background?

586
00:39:02,632 --> 00:39:04,843
You heard it too,
so why do you keep asking me?

587
00:39:05,093 --> 00:39:06,636
I can't believe it, that's all.

588
00:39:07,720 --> 00:39:11,307
I did hear about recruits hiding their
academic backgrounds to get jobs,

589
00:39:11,558 --> 00:39:13,977
but I didn't know I'd be working with one.

590
00:39:16,020 --> 00:39:17,021
Ms. Go.

591
00:39:18,147 --> 00:39:19,357
What's the verdict?

592
00:39:20,567 --> 00:39:24,153
President Kim was informed,
so he'll make the decision.

593
00:39:24,487 --> 00:39:27,407
Isn't it far-fetched to say that
she forged her academic background though?

594
00:39:27,490 --> 00:39:29,826
Have you decided on a venue
for author Mo's lecture?

595
00:39:30,410 --> 00:39:31,244
Oh, that.

596
00:39:31,452 --> 00:39:34,372
He wanted to have it at
the university he graduated from.

597
00:39:34,914 --> 00:39:38,042
President Kim's looking into it
since he's an alumnus.

598
00:39:38,126 --> 00:39:39,711
-I'll check.
-We don't have much time,

599
00:39:39,794 --> 00:39:41,713
so get on it
and confirm the venue by today.

600
00:39:41,796 --> 00:39:43,339
Sure, I'll check right now.

601
00:39:44,007 --> 00:39:45,174
But...

602
00:39:49,888 --> 00:39:53,308
So that's why you asked me the other day

603
00:39:53,391 --> 00:39:55,768
how a contract employee can become
a regular employee.

604
00:39:57,896 --> 00:40:00,440
Ms. Go's right.
It's best to terminate her contract.

605
00:40:01,941 --> 00:40:03,610
I'm against it.

606
00:40:04,235 --> 00:40:06,195
I found that
there have been similar cases.

607
00:40:06,696 --> 00:40:08,948
It's not illegal,
so even if the company has the right--

608
00:40:09,032 --> 00:40:09,866
Mr. Cha.

609
00:40:11,868 --> 00:40:14,245
This isn't a school club where

610
00:40:14,329 --> 00:40:15,872
you can change the rules as you wish.

611
00:40:15,955 --> 00:40:17,040
This is a company, you know.

612
00:40:17,624 --> 00:40:19,167
I get that you're fond of your staff,

613
00:40:19,250 --> 00:40:21,461
but you should keep your private
and public life separate.

614
00:40:22,211 --> 00:40:24,547
I know how talented Ms. Kang is.

615
00:40:24,631 --> 00:40:25,590
I do,

616
00:40:27,091 --> 00:40:28,843
but won't terminating
her contract be best?

617
00:40:32,472 --> 00:40:33,806
Let's just wrap this up.

618
00:40:35,391 --> 00:40:38,645
It's not like we need a botanist
to mow the lawn.

619
00:40:39,020 --> 00:40:43,107
Also, it'll only make the other employees
uncomfortable if they find out about this.

620
00:40:58,665 --> 00:41:00,917
I'm here to ask about
Author Mo's lecture venue.

621
00:41:13,638 --> 00:41:16,641
Hae-rin, how is
Mr. Kang Dong-won's manuscript?

622
00:41:16,724 --> 00:41:19,602
Even for a first draft,

623
00:41:19,686 --> 00:41:21,479
this is a mess.

624
00:41:22,397 --> 00:41:25,024
He has never been this bad.

625
00:41:25,608 --> 00:41:27,026
What do we do?

626
00:41:27,777 --> 00:41:29,904
-Let me take a look at it.
-Sure.

627
00:41:54,721 --> 00:41:55,596
Ms. Seo.

628
00:41:55,805 --> 00:41:58,891
Here is the press release for our
upcoming books.

629
00:41:58,975 --> 00:42:00,101
Can you take a look?

630
00:42:00,893 --> 00:42:01,936
Sure.

631
00:42:04,605 --> 00:42:05,732
<i>Did you ask?</i>

632
00:42:06,399 --> 00:42:08,234
<i>I've been a nervous wreck out here.</i>

633
00:42:30,965 --> 00:42:32,008
I guess it didn't go well.

634
00:42:58,993 --> 00:43:00,244
Are you here for some coffee?

635
00:43:00,828 --> 00:43:03,581
No, just water.

636
00:43:23,518 --> 00:43:24,393
Ms. Seo,

637
00:43:26,270 --> 00:43:28,022
it's fine, you know.

638
00:43:31,025 --> 00:43:32,318
It didn't go well, right?

639
00:43:33,402 --> 00:43:34,779
I knew it.

640
00:43:35,071 --> 00:43:36,989
Transferring teams is never easy.

641
00:43:37,698 --> 00:43:38,658
I'm really fine with it.

642
00:43:40,243 --> 00:43:42,120
I'm sorry for bringing it up.

643
00:43:42,203 --> 00:43:43,371
It's all right.

644
00:43:43,704 --> 00:43:45,998
I didn't even get my hopes up.

645
00:43:48,668 --> 00:43:50,545
Honestly, I'm fine.

646
00:43:51,212 --> 00:43:52,964
I like where I'm working now.

647
00:43:53,214 --> 00:43:55,716
I joined the company
as a contract employee anyway.

648
00:43:57,802 --> 00:43:59,762
This is so upsetting.

649
00:44:03,057 --> 00:44:04,225
Come on.

650
00:44:04,684 --> 00:44:06,310
I said I'm fine.

651
00:44:06,644 --> 00:44:07,812
That's not it.

652
00:44:13,818 --> 00:44:14,819
Dan-i.

653
00:44:17,113 --> 00:44:18,865
I heard you're not a high school graduate.

654
00:44:21,075 --> 00:44:23,661
You lied about your academic background
on your résumé.

655
00:44:25,621 --> 00:44:27,540
Ms. Go knows everything.

656
00:44:29,208 --> 00:44:31,419
She knows that you graduated
from a prestigious university

657
00:44:32,420 --> 00:44:35,339
and worked at an advertising company.

658
00:44:36,591 --> 00:44:38,342
I mentioned the transfer,

659
00:44:38,593 --> 00:44:40,761
but she talked about
terminating your contract.

660
00:44:42,305 --> 00:44:44,640
Even Mr. Kim told Mr. Cha

661
00:44:44,724 --> 00:44:47,143
that it would be best to
terminate your contract.

662
00:45:04,327 --> 00:45:05,578
What are you going to do?

663
00:45:05,661 --> 00:45:07,288
Are you going to fire Dan-i?

664
00:45:08,039 --> 00:45:09,081
No.

665
00:45:18,966 --> 00:45:21,802
Hey. Have you talked to her?

666
00:46:15,147 --> 00:46:16,148
<i>Dan-i.</i>

667
00:46:22,863 --> 00:46:24,073
<i>Kang Dan-i.</i>

668
00:46:33,666 --> 00:46:34,667
<i>Dan-i...</i>

669
00:46:36,460 --> 00:46:37,461
<i>Kang Dan-i.</i>

670
00:46:51,600 --> 00:46:52,601
Hey.

671
00:46:54,562 --> 00:46:55,688
What's with her?

672
00:47:11,162 --> 00:47:12,038
DAN-I

673
00:47:15,624 --> 00:47:18,627
<i>You just informed me
about the termination of my contract.</i>

674
00:47:19,003 --> 00:47:20,254
<i>I'll sort out the rest.</i>

675
00:47:21,380 --> 00:47:22,506
Dan-i!

676
00:47:24,383 --> 00:47:25,885
What was that? What...

677
00:47:25,968 --> 00:47:27,261
What's going on?

678
00:47:28,721 --> 00:47:30,181
Mr. Bong, what is this about?

679
00:47:30,556 --> 00:47:31,640
Get back to work.

680
00:47:33,225 --> 00:47:34,685
Shouldn't we follow her out too?

681
00:47:34,769 --> 00:47:36,729
Of course not! Just stay put.

682
00:47:39,982 --> 00:47:40,858
Come in.

683
00:47:43,986 --> 00:47:47,156
Mr. Kim, I have something to tell you.

684
00:47:56,832 --> 00:47:59,168
Mr. Cha just informed me that

685
00:47:59,794 --> 00:48:01,670
my contract will be terminated.

686
00:48:05,007 --> 00:48:06,300
I know it's long overdue,

687
00:48:07,635 --> 00:48:09,220
but I wanted to tell you

688
00:48:09,887 --> 00:48:11,889
why I made this choice.

689
00:48:14,475 --> 00:48:16,102
For about a year,

690
00:48:16,185 --> 00:48:19,063
I tried my best to find a job.

691
00:48:20,397 --> 00:48:22,024
I heard that it'd be hard,

692
00:48:22,441 --> 00:48:23,901
but I thought I'd be given a chance

693
00:48:25,069 --> 00:48:26,946
since I lived my life to the fullest.

694
00:48:28,322 --> 00:48:30,157
I thought someone would acknowledge me

695
00:48:30,825 --> 00:48:34,328
or there'd be a place
that would need me and my abilities.

696
00:48:36,372 --> 00:48:39,125
Still, I wasn't able to find a job.

697
00:48:42,545 --> 00:48:44,588
That's when I came across
this job opening.

698
00:48:45,589 --> 00:48:46,882
It said that

699
00:48:47,007 --> 00:48:49,677
age and educational background
were irrelevant.

700
00:48:51,470 --> 00:48:53,180
I didn't care as long as

701
00:48:53,722 --> 00:48:55,057
I could just work.

702
00:48:57,601 --> 00:48:58,936
That's why I gave up everything

703
00:49:00,688 --> 00:49:02,481
and applied for the job without thinking.

704
00:49:07,903 --> 00:49:09,488
I was over the moon when

705
00:49:10,739 --> 00:49:11,907
I heard I got the job.

706
00:49:14,910 --> 00:49:17,246
No matter what team I was on,

707
00:49:18,455 --> 00:49:20,457
I was just happy to know

708
00:49:20,916 --> 00:49:23,544
that I could finally work again.

709
00:49:27,214 --> 00:49:29,300
Just so you know,

710
00:49:29,717 --> 00:49:31,552
I really did my best here.

711
00:49:32,803 --> 00:49:34,263
Ms. Kang.

712
00:49:35,848 --> 00:49:38,392
I know how hard you've worked.

713
00:49:39,143 --> 00:49:42,855
I know the job posting
said that age and academic background

714
00:49:43,522 --> 00:49:45,316
were irrelevant,

715
00:49:46,233 --> 00:49:47,610
but this is of a different matter.

716
00:49:47,693 --> 00:49:50,571
I know that this is my fault

717
00:49:51,864 --> 00:49:53,741
and that...

718
00:49:54,992 --> 00:49:56,202
this is just an excuse.

719
00:49:57,453 --> 00:49:59,496
I know better than anyone

720
00:50:00,039 --> 00:50:01,707
that I must pack up my belongings

721
00:50:02,750 --> 00:50:04,210
and leave the company.

722
00:50:04,710 --> 00:50:06,712
Still, this place

723
00:50:08,714 --> 00:50:10,257
is my present and future.

724
00:50:15,137 --> 00:50:16,222
That's why

725
00:50:16,972 --> 00:50:19,516
I came here to ask
if you could reconsider.

726
00:50:21,018 --> 00:50:23,646
If my work so far
has pleased you in any way,

727
00:50:25,314 --> 00:50:27,816
please reconsider terminating my contract.

728
00:51:34,174 --> 00:51:35,259
<i>Termination of contract.</i>

729
00:51:36,510 --> 00:51:37,970
<i>I realized once again</i>

730
00:51:38,053 --> 00:51:40,889
<i>how heavy those three words could be.</i>

731
00:51:43,225 --> 00:51:45,436
<i>All I want to do is work.</i>

732
00:51:46,478 --> 00:51:48,230
<i>I just want to be here.</i>

733
00:51:51,025 --> 00:51:54,903
<i>As saying those things out loud
would only make me look greedy,</i>

734
00:51:56,363 --> 00:51:58,532
<i>I just poured out all the tears</i>

735
00:51:59,074 --> 00:52:00,909
<i>I had been bottling up inside.</i>

736
00:52:22,139 --> 00:52:24,892
-Who...
<i>-It's me. Open up.</i>

737
00:52:26,143 --> 00:52:27,019
Why are you here?

738
00:52:27,102 --> 00:52:30,314
<i>Can you open the door for me?
I'm cold out here.</i>

739
00:52:30,939 --> 00:52:33,025
The lunatic is here.

740
00:52:33,108 --> 00:52:35,527
Why is she here?
She's giving me the creeps already.

741
00:52:39,823 --> 00:52:41,617
Ji-yul, how did you get my address?

742
00:52:41,700 --> 00:52:42,910
My mom gave it to me.

743
00:52:42,993 --> 00:52:44,745
Wait, wait. Hold on a second!

744
00:52:44,828 --> 00:52:45,913
Gosh, you and your family.

745
00:52:46,538 --> 00:52:49,124
-That's a lot for a housewarming party.
-Because it's not.

746
00:52:49,208 --> 00:52:50,376
I got kicked out of my house.

747
00:52:50,459 --> 00:52:51,293
What?

748
00:52:52,503 --> 00:52:53,587
Hey, hold on.

749
00:52:55,005 --> 00:52:56,006
You got kicked out?

750
00:52:56,090 --> 00:52:58,217
My mom told me to leave the house.

751
00:52:58,467 --> 00:53:01,136
She said that I'm not her daughter anymore

752
00:53:01,220 --> 00:53:03,180
and that she gave up on me.

753
00:53:03,263 --> 00:53:05,682
-But why are you here?
-How will you make me comfortable?

754
00:53:05,766 --> 00:53:07,684
-You said you'd make me comfortable.
-Did I?

755
00:53:07,768 --> 00:53:09,561
What then?
I got kicked out because of you.

756
00:53:09,645 --> 00:53:12,064
Why is that my fault?
You said we weren't dating.

757
00:53:12,147 --> 00:53:14,900
-Of course, not.
-Why did you come here? At this hour?

758
00:53:14,983 --> 00:53:18,278
Motels, saunas, hotels, and so on.
There are a lot of places you can go to.

759
00:53:19,696 --> 00:53:20,781
Do you like me?

760
00:53:21,740 --> 00:53:23,534
You're too ugly.

761
00:53:25,160 --> 00:53:27,496
Okay. You are pretty,

762
00:53:27,788 --> 00:53:31,375
but I don't like you enough
to take care of you and your life either.

763
00:53:31,458 --> 00:53:32,876
-You're short too.
-You look old.

764
00:53:32,960 --> 00:53:33,877
-Hey!
-What?

765
00:53:41,468 --> 00:53:43,220
Go home, okay? Hurry. Let's get you home.

766
00:53:43,303 --> 00:53:45,722
You got me kicked out. Where would I go?

767
00:53:45,806 --> 00:53:47,933
Sauna! Go to the sauna.

768
00:53:48,016 --> 00:53:49,560
-Go!
-You go there!

769
00:53:49,643 --> 00:53:51,061
I got kicked out because of you.

770
00:53:51,145 --> 00:53:54,815
You told my mom that you liked me,
that you and I were dating,

771
00:53:54,898 --> 00:53:56,942
and that you would elope with me!

772
00:53:57,025 --> 00:53:58,152
You should go to the sauna!

773
00:53:58,235 --> 00:53:59,862
Why would I go there? Why?

774
00:53:59,945 --> 00:54:01,780
-Go!
-This is my house!

775
00:54:01,864 --> 00:54:03,866
Why would I go there? Everything is mine.

776
00:54:03,949 --> 00:54:06,076
Why would I go to the sauna?

777
00:54:10,706 --> 00:54:11,874
That's my house.

778
00:54:14,376 --> 00:54:16,044
Why did I get kicked out?

779
00:54:18,547 --> 00:54:20,674
Why did I leave my own house?

780
00:54:42,196 --> 00:54:44,781
You were upset because of me, right?

781
00:54:46,283 --> 00:54:48,994
I'm sure you were too because of me.

782
00:54:50,078 --> 00:54:51,580
After the director found out,

783
00:54:52,122 --> 00:54:53,373
it must have

784
00:54:55,000 --> 00:54:56,585
bothered you.

785
00:54:58,462 --> 00:55:01,048
I'm fine. Do what you want to do.

786
00:55:01,673 --> 00:55:05,385
I inquired at the Ministry of Employment
and Labor, and it's not illegal.

787
00:55:06,094 --> 00:55:09,097
That means, legally, you can keep working
until your contract ends.

788
00:55:10,599 --> 00:55:11,725
What if

789
00:55:14,269 --> 00:55:16,480
you end up in a tough spot because of me?

790
00:55:20,108 --> 00:55:22,236
Dan-i. Don't forget. I'm Cha Eun-ho.

791
00:55:22,319 --> 00:55:24,488
The author who receives
the highest royalty from Gyeoroo.

792
00:55:24,988 --> 00:55:27,491
And I won't let you leave

793
00:55:28,200 --> 00:55:31,954
not because I like you,
but because you're a great employee.

794
00:55:33,330 --> 00:55:34,540
You just need to hang in there.

795
00:55:37,167 --> 00:55:38,502
As long as you're okay with it,

796
00:55:38,752 --> 00:55:42,673
I won't give up no matter what.

797
00:55:45,259 --> 00:55:48,512
I have a lecture tomorrow,
so I can't be with you.

798
00:55:49,179 --> 00:55:50,264
I'm sorry.

799
00:55:50,722 --> 00:55:52,474
Stop acting like you're my guardian.

800
00:55:52,558 --> 00:55:53,809
This is my problem.

801
00:56:00,399 --> 00:56:02,150
Don't look so sad.

802
00:56:02,776 --> 00:56:06,154
I'll get through this with bravery.

803
00:56:18,000 --> 00:56:20,168
You're with me. Right next to me.

804
00:56:21,837 --> 00:56:25,799
Even if everyone turns their back on me
when it comes to the crunch,

805
00:56:27,342 --> 00:56:28,760
I just need you.

806
00:56:54,911 --> 00:56:56,913
I can't believe
you actually drove me to work.

807
00:56:56,997 --> 00:56:58,415
All right. Pay for your ride.

808
00:56:58,999 --> 00:57:00,208
What if someone sees us?

809
00:57:01,084 --> 00:57:03,629
What if they find out that I'm dating you?

810
00:57:03,712 --> 00:57:04,921
It's Song-i.

811
00:57:07,341 --> 00:57:08,383
That'd be great!

812
00:57:10,385 --> 00:57:13,138
You idiot. That won't help.
They know it's your car.

813
00:57:15,390 --> 00:57:17,059
I should go. Have a good day.

814
00:57:41,249 --> 00:57:42,209
Dan-i!

815
00:57:42,709 --> 00:57:43,961
I love you!

816
00:57:46,171 --> 00:57:47,047
Good luck.

817
00:57:47,130 --> 00:57:48,131
You can do it!

818
00:57:48,840 --> 00:57:50,759
-Here's my heart for you!
-Go back in!

819
00:57:53,470 --> 00:57:54,471
Go back in.

820
00:58:04,856 --> 00:58:06,233
Darn it.

821
00:58:21,665 --> 00:58:25,043
The market, that printed books used to
dominate, is changing drastically.

822
00:58:25,460 --> 00:58:28,505
As web-novels and electronic books
are becoming more and more popular,

823
00:58:29,297 --> 00:58:33,927
writers who used to treat
these books as lowly entertainment

824
00:58:34,011 --> 00:58:37,180
started to learn how to print e-books
as well as the traits of these genres.

825
00:58:37,264 --> 00:58:39,766
They are trying to keep up
with the changing trend.

826
00:58:44,479 --> 00:58:45,814
HAE-RIN

827
00:58:46,398 --> 00:58:47,315
<i>Eun-ho.</i>

828
00:58:48,191 --> 00:58:50,235
<i>Dan-i just resigned.</i>

829
00:58:58,118 --> 00:58:59,870
What do you mean she resigned?

830
00:59:01,997 --> 00:59:03,540
Tell me exactly what happened, Hae-rin.

831
00:59:05,417 --> 00:59:06,918
So did she already leave the office?

832
00:59:40,327 --> 00:59:43,330
HAVING A SHOULDER TO CRY ON IS MORE
COMFORTING THAN TELLING SOMEONE NOT TO CRY

833
00:59:43,413 --> 00:59:44,664
I LEARNED IT FROM LOVING DAN-I

834
00:59:45,165 --> 00:59:47,209
I REALIZED THAT ALL THOSE DAYS
I THOUGHT I WAS LONELY,

835
00:59:47,292 --> 00:59:48,877
I ACTUALLY WASN'T
BECAUSE YOU WERE THERE

836
00:59:48,960 --> 00:59:52,005
HAVING FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE
MEANS GIVING AWAY A BIT OF YOUR HEART

837
00:59:52,172 --> 00:59:55,300
THERE ARE DAYS WHEN I WANT TO TELL DAN-I
EVERYTHING AND FALL ASLEEP IN HER ARMS

838
00:59:55,383 --> 00:59:58,261
LOVING SOMEONE IS STRANGE
AND AMAZING AT THE SAME TIME

839
00:59:58,512 --> 01:00:01,848
I JUST CRIED. MY HEART BROKE AT THE
THOUGHT OF EUN-HO WHO WOULD BE MORE UPSET

840
01:00:01,973 --> 01:00:04,935
"LET'S GO SEE FLOWERS IN SPRING"
IT WAS AS IF SHE READ MY MIND

841
01:00:08,939 --> 01:00:11,817
<i>I'm sorry. I couldn't do anything.</i>

842
01:00:13,110 --> 01:00:14,694
<i>What the hell did you do?</i>

843
01:00:14,778 --> 01:00:16,279
<i>I thought you would be sad</i>

844
01:00:16,363 --> 01:00:19,866
<i>if I tried to hold out
until my contract ended.</i>

845
01:00:19,950 --> 01:00:23,370
<i>I'm looking at something that's way more
fun and pretty</i> <i>than a comic book.</i>

846
01:00:23,453 --> 01:00:24,788
My girlfriend.

847
01:00:25,288 --> 01:00:27,207
<i>I'm doing well even though I got fired.</i>

848
01:00:27,290 --> 01:00:30,252
<i>A boyfriend who stays
with his girlfriend all day long</i>

849
01:00:30,335 --> 01:00:32,087
<i>until she feels better.</i>

850
01:00:32,170 --> 01:00:33,505
<i>Damn, she's here again.</i>

851
01:00:33,588 --> 01:00:35,048
<i>This garbage!</i>

852
01:00:35,132 --> 01:00:37,300
-I'll get this out of your sight.
-Let go.

853
01:00:37,384 --> 01:00:39,219
But why did you shred this?

854
01:00:41,138 --> 01:00:42,389
<i>What's that look?</i>

855
01:00:42,514 --> 01:00:44,724
<i>If you keep looking at me like that,
I'll kiss you.</i>

856
01:00:48,311 --> 01:00:50,313
Subtitle translation by Hyun-joo Choi