"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep14 (English)

1
00:00:18,601 --> 00:00:19,978
WE

2
00:00:20,228 --> 00:00:22,522
MET

3
00:00:32,741 --> 00:00:33,950
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,034 --> 00:00:37,954
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,538 --> 00:00:42,125
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:44,919 --> 00:00:47,338
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,422 --> 00:00:49,883
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,550 --> 00:00:53,303
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,054 --> 00:00:59,017
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:02,187 --> 00:01:03,897
Writers started to learn
how to print e-books

11
00:01:03,980 --> 00:01:05,482
as well as the traits of these genres.

12
00:01:05,565 --> 00:01:08,610
They are trying to keep up
with the changing trend.

13
00:01:08,693 --> 00:01:11,613
VOLUME 14

14
00:01:13,782 --> 00:01:14,783
<i>Eun-ho.</i>

15
00:01:14,866 --> 00:01:16,618
<i>Dan-i just resigned.</i>

16
00:01:20,497 --> 00:01:22,248
What do you mean she resigned?

17
00:01:22,749 --> 00:01:24,626
Tell me exactly what happened, Hae-rin.

18
00:01:25,043 --> 00:01:26,086
<i>Well...</i>

19
00:01:28,797 --> 00:01:30,548
Something happened this morning.

20
00:01:33,218 --> 00:01:35,512
{\an8}GYEOROO PUBLISHING

21
00:01:44,354 --> 00:01:46,064
I should act as if nothing happened.

22
00:01:46,564 --> 00:01:47,565
Be brave.

23
00:01:50,401 --> 00:01:52,821
You have to be shameless, Dan-i.

24
00:01:53,863 --> 00:01:55,073
-Hello.
-Hello.

25
00:02:02,705 --> 00:02:04,124
{\an8}Good morning.

26
00:02:04,207 --> 00:02:05,333
{\an8}Hi, Dan-i.

27
00:02:12,006 --> 00:02:12,924
{\an8}Hello.

28
00:02:16,970 --> 00:02:18,847
{\an8}It's very warm today, isn't it?

29
00:02:18,930 --> 00:02:19,889
{\an8}Yes, it is.

30
00:02:24,185 --> 00:02:25,228
{\an8}Hello.

31
00:02:30,942 --> 00:02:32,819
Do you need to make a copy of it?
I'll help you.

32
00:02:32,902 --> 00:02:35,238
It's okay. It's nothing hard.

33
00:02:35,697 --> 00:02:36,614
I'll do it.

34
00:03:11,357 --> 00:03:12,483
I guess we've run out of tea.

35
00:03:14,652 --> 00:03:17,071
We've run out of tea, right?
I'll go bring some more.

36
00:03:17,655 --> 00:03:20,408
No, it's okay.
I'll just drink this instead.

37
00:04:05,119 --> 00:04:06,287
Dan-i.

38
00:04:06,829 --> 00:04:07,747
Yes!

39
00:04:08,373 --> 00:04:09,374
Come here for a second.

40
00:04:10,959 --> 00:04:13,211
Take this to Mr. Jo
in the Foreign Literature Department.

41
00:04:13,294 --> 00:04:15,129
I have a meeting with Ms. Go now.

42
00:04:15,213 --> 00:04:16,547
-Sure.
-Thanks.

43
00:04:26,599 --> 00:04:28,309
What is wrong with you people?

44
00:04:28,810 --> 00:04:30,812
Seriously.
What's the matter with all of you?

45
00:04:30,979 --> 00:04:34,148
I've said this many times.
Let's be human, please.

46
00:04:34,732 --> 00:04:36,484
It's not like we're doing it on purpose.

47
00:04:36,567 --> 00:04:38,111
This is our workplace.

48
00:04:39,404 --> 00:04:41,197
Didn't you say you're Dan-i's friend?

49
00:04:42,991 --> 00:04:46,536
That's why I asked her to be transferred
to my team.

50
00:04:46,619 --> 00:04:47,495
I suggested that.

51
00:04:49,080 --> 00:04:50,999
Mind your own business, will you?

52
00:04:51,082 --> 00:04:54,168
My heart is already breaking for her.

53
00:04:55,586 --> 00:04:57,964
Ji-yul and Hoon, you guys too.

54
00:04:58,047 --> 00:04:59,716
You joined the company with her.

55
00:05:00,300 --> 00:05:01,676
That's why we feel even worse.

56
00:05:02,260 --> 00:05:04,137
She's much more competent than we are.

57
00:05:04,929 --> 00:05:06,055
Our positions are permanent,

58
00:05:06,639 --> 00:05:07,932
but she's a contract employee.

59
00:05:08,599 --> 00:05:11,769
I feel as if I stole
what should've been hers.

60
00:05:16,149 --> 00:05:18,568
I know all of you will be
a bit uncomfortable around her,

61
00:05:19,152 --> 00:05:20,945
but Mr. Cha won't terminate her contract.

62
00:05:21,029 --> 00:05:22,322
Don't you all know how he is?

63
00:05:23,239 --> 00:05:25,908
And her contract isn't supposed to
expire anytime soon.

64
00:05:25,992 --> 00:05:28,411
Act as if nothing happened, okay?

65
00:05:31,039 --> 00:05:32,415
As if nothing happened.

66
00:05:32,498 --> 00:05:33,624
Don't gather around there.

67
00:05:33,708 --> 00:05:36,002
You guys over there too.
Don't gather around like that.

68
00:05:36,419 --> 00:05:37,378
Go back to your desks.

69
00:05:41,049 --> 00:05:42,800
Mr. Bong gave me the wrong document.

70
00:05:50,266 --> 00:05:51,809
He gave you a production order.

71
00:05:53,352 --> 00:05:55,354
Dan-i, let's have lunch together.

72
00:05:55,438 --> 00:05:57,398
I know a place that serves
really good kimchi stew.

73
00:05:59,984 --> 00:06:03,279
Hae-rin, aren't you meeting the author,
Park Seong-yong for lunch today?

74
00:06:03,863 --> 00:06:06,657
Mr. Bong and Ms. Seo should join.
Let's get him to sign another contract.

75
00:06:06,741 --> 00:06:07,825
Got it.

76
00:06:11,370 --> 00:06:13,915
I forgot about the lunch meeting.

77
00:06:14,415 --> 00:06:15,458
I'm really sorry.

78
00:06:16,042 --> 00:06:17,210
We can go for lunch tomorrow.

79
00:06:18,836 --> 00:06:19,712
Okay.

80
00:06:40,942 --> 00:06:44,070
<i>THE SECRET OF ELLA AND MICHA</i>

81
00:06:46,823 --> 00:06:49,075
Hello, Mr. Lee. You've been well, right?

82
00:06:52,829 --> 00:06:53,996
What do you mean?

83
00:06:55,414 --> 00:06:58,292
Your book is still being sold
at bookstores?

84
00:06:59,585 --> 00:07:00,628
Did you all have lunch?

85
00:07:00,962 --> 00:07:03,047
Hey, Dan-i. Did you have a good lunch?

86
00:07:06,884 --> 00:07:07,718
Yes.

87
00:07:08,594 --> 00:07:09,720
Yes, Ms. Go.

88
00:07:09,804 --> 00:07:11,722
What the hell did you do?

89
00:07:11,806 --> 00:07:12,682
Pardon me?

90
00:07:12,849 --> 00:07:15,810
Did you inform Sales Support Team
that Mr. Lee didn't renew his contract?

91
00:07:16,894 --> 00:07:18,980
-Sorry?
-Did you tell them that we're no longer

92
00:07:19,063 --> 00:07:20,690
printing Mr. Lee Jeong-seop's book?

93
00:07:22,191 --> 00:07:23,943
He signed
the contract termination agreement

94
00:07:24,026 --> 00:07:26,654
a long time ago, but his book is
still being sold at bookstores.

95
00:07:27,155 --> 00:07:30,825
The author saw that and called me
to inquire about it!

96
00:07:32,618 --> 00:07:34,912
Are we not printing
Mr. Lee Jeong-seop's book anymore?

97
00:07:35,371 --> 00:07:37,498
I never got any notice about it either.

98
00:07:37,582 --> 00:07:39,208
I assumed his contract was renewed

99
00:07:39,292 --> 00:07:42,170
-and printed an additional 5,000 copies.
-What? 5,000 copies?

100
00:07:43,171 --> 00:07:44,088
My gosh.

101
00:07:44,881 --> 00:07:46,257
We're screwed. Totally screwed.

102
00:07:46,924 --> 00:07:47,800
Answer me.

103
00:07:47,925 --> 00:07:49,552
Did you send out the notice or not?

104
00:07:50,178 --> 00:07:51,471
I did.

105
00:07:52,472 --> 00:07:53,723
I asked Dan-i to do it.

106
00:07:59,937 --> 00:08:02,773
Remember? I asked you

107
00:08:02,857 --> 00:08:06,235
to send the report regarding
the contract termination to Sales Support.

108
00:08:08,154 --> 00:08:09,947
I never received such a report--

109
00:08:10,031 --> 00:08:12,825
I asked you to take care of it
before Ms. Yu's book reading event.

110
00:08:14,577 --> 00:08:15,786
What happened?

111
00:08:18,581 --> 00:08:20,625
I'm sorry. I don't recall--

112
00:08:20,708 --> 00:08:22,043
Did you forget to do it?

113
00:08:22,126 --> 00:08:24,587
I understand that the book reading
was an important event,

114
00:08:24,670 --> 00:08:26,797
but you should've taken care of it first.

115
00:08:28,216 --> 00:08:29,175
Well...

116
00:08:30,510 --> 00:08:32,637
I really don't remember.

117
00:09:04,961 --> 00:09:06,504
-Song-i.
-Yes.

118
00:09:06,879 --> 00:09:10,633
You should've double-checked and made sure
it was done as the person in charge.

119
00:09:10,967 --> 00:09:13,553
Why ask a contract employee
to take care of such an important thing?

120
00:09:14,929 --> 00:09:17,557
Be grateful that Mr. Lee is a gentleman.

121
00:09:17,640 --> 00:09:21,686
You know that this could've led
to a lawsuit, right?

122
00:09:22,645 --> 00:09:24,146
Dan-i clearly said--

123
00:09:24,230 --> 00:09:27,942
First, call Mr. Lee and apologize to him.

124
00:09:28,276 --> 00:09:30,653
I'll speak with Sales Support Team myself.

125
00:09:48,504 --> 00:09:51,674
That book is in the 13th impression now.
Why did we decide not to print it anymore?

126
00:09:51,966 --> 00:09:53,342
Times have changed, you know.

127
00:09:54,343 --> 00:09:57,263
We had many issues with the book
due to the patriarchal element and so on.

128
00:10:12,528 --> 00:10:13,779
<i>I guess she couldn't take it.</i>

129
00:10:14,989 --> 00:10:17,241
<i>She submitted her letter of resignation.</i>

130
00:10:17,325 --> 00:10:18,784
So did she already leave the office?

131
00:10:19,285 --> 00:10:20,995
She's packing her stuff now.

132
00:10:27,793 --> 00:10:28,794
LETTER OF RESIGNATION

133
00:10:28,878 --> 00:10:30,713
I thought it'd be impossible

134
00:10:30,796 --> 00:10:32,882
to terminate her contract,
knowing how Mr. Cha is.

135
00:10:34,050 --> 00:10:36,093
Maybe this is for the best.

136
00:10:37,887 --> 00:10:40,556
At times like this,
I hate being the president of a company.

137
00:10:56,822 --> 00:10:59,116
I'm sorry I'm leaving the company
so suddenly.

138
00:10:59,492 --> 00:11:01,285
Thank you for all your help.

139
00:11:01,786 --> 00:11:02,703
All right.

140
00:11:03,454 --> 00:11:06,999
I'll speak with Mr. Cha
and get in touch with you.

141
00:11:07,500 --> 00:11:09,669
We should get together for a meal.

142
00:11:09,752 --> 00:11:10,961
Okay.

143
00:11:12,213 --> 00:11:14,006
Bye, Dan-i.

144
00:11:14,674 --> 00:11:15,591
Work hard.

145
00:11:16,926 --> 00:11:17,760
I will.

146
00:12:19,864 --> 00:12:21,031
Let me carry this for you.

147
00:12:21,532 --> 00:12:22,825
No, it's okay.

148
00:12:22,908 --> 00:12:24,201
Let me help.

149
00:12:26,662 --> 00:12:29,415
I'll walk you to the bus stop.

150
00:12:34,128 --> 00:12:35,504
Thank you, Ms. Song.

151
00:12:36,672 --> 00:12:39,884
You really cheered me up.
Thanks to you, I feel better.

152
00:12:40,801 --> 00:12:42,386
I'll call you.

153
00:12:42,553 --> 00:12:44,305
You have to answer my calls, okay?

154
00:12:44,972 --> 00:12:45,806
Okay.

155
00:12:55,983 --> 00:12:57,026
Ms. Song.

156
00:12:58,110 --> 00:12:59,320
This is enough.

157
00:12:59,778 --> 00:13:00,821
I'll go alone from here.

158
00:13:00,905 --> 00:13:03,574
Gosh, no way.
I'm going to walk you to the bus stop.

159
00:13:03,657 --> 00:13:05,284
You have a meeting to attend.

160
00:13:07,578 --> 00:13:08,621
Go on in.

161
00:13:09,205 --> 00:13:12,041
Thank you for all your hard work.

162
00:13:13,292 --> 00:13:15,336
I learned a lot from you.

163
00:13:16,504 --> 00:13:18,297
You worked so hard.

164
00:13:20,049 --> 00:13:20,925
Thank you.

165
00:13:22,384 --> 00:13:23,344
No problem.

166
00:13:25,429 --> 00:13:26,430
Thank you.

167
00:14:02,883 --> 00:14:04,301
-Hey, Eun-ho.
-Where is Dan-i?

168
00:14:04,385 --> 00:14:05,886
She just left. She's at the bus stop.

169
00:14:57,104 --> 00:14:58,188
Dan-i!

170
00:15:08,282 --> 00:15:09,575
I heard you resigned.

171
00:15:14,121 --> 00:15:15,080
Come here.

172
00:15:40,731 --> 00:15:43,275
The bus fare is 1,250 won,

173
00:15:43,359 --> 00:15:45,986
so commuting to work by bus
will cost 2,500 won a day.

174
00:15:46,570 --> 00:15:49,531
Let's say there are 20 work days
in a month.

175
00:15:50,366 --> 00:15:52,409
Then I'll spend 50,000 won
on transportation alone.

176
00:15:52,493 --> 00:15:54,578
I also have to drink coffee,

177
00:15:54,662 --> 00:15:55,829
go to the movies,

178
00:15:55,913 --> 00:15:58,165
and go out for food with my friends.

179
00:16:00,250 --> 00:16:01,251
The rent.

180
00:16:01,752 --> 00:16:04,088
The rent is 500,000 won per month.

181
00:16:04,171 --> 00:16:05,673
Don't forget your phone bill.

182
00:16:05,756 --> 00:16:08,258
Oh, right. My phone bill.

183
00:16:08,842 --> 00:16:09,718
What about water,

184
00:16:10,260 --> 00:16:11,178
electricity,

185
00:16:11,679 --> 00:16:12,763
gas,

186
00:16:13,347 --> 00:16:16,016
-and other utility bills?
-Why do I have to pay for that?

187
00:16:18,978 --> 00:16:22,439
You said you'd pay the rent
if I slept in the sauna.

188
00:16:22,982 --> 00:16:24,942
Right, 500,000 won.

189
00:16:29,863 --> 00:16:31,532
Let's figure out a way

190
00:16:31,615 --> 00:16:34,368
to live together
by splitting the rent in half.

191
00:16:36,078 --> 00:16:37,371
Will that really be okay?

192
00:16:41,417 --> 00:16:43,293
Right, I am not attracted to you at all.

193
00:16:43,377 --> 00:16:44,545
One hundred fifty...

194
00:16:50,676 --> 00:16:51,677
You still feel nothing?

195
00:16:52,761 --> 00:16:53,929
Nothing.

196
00:16:55,764 --> 00:16:56,598
I can't do this.

197
00:16:57,641 --> 00:16:59,018
I'm so attracted to you.

198
00:17:00,144 --> 00:17:02,187
You said I look old.

199
00:17:04,064 --> 00:17:05,107
I don't care.

200
00:17:05,691 --> 00:17:07,234
You are so incredibly beautiful.

201
00:17:07,818 --> 00:17:09,111
Dangerously beautiful.

202
00:17:14,408 --> 00:17:21,248
4F PARK, 3F SAUNA,
2F RESTING LOUNGE, 1F SAUNA

203
00:17:25,002 --> 00:17:27,296
He still sleeps at the sauna.

204
00:17:27,379 --> 00:17:29,006
He goes home in the morning

205
00:17:29,089 --> 00:17:31,675
and comes back to the sauna after work.

206
00:17:31,759 --> 00:17:33,594
That's his daily routine these days.

207
00:17:33,761 --> 00:17:35,345
I knew it.

208
00:17:35,679 --> 00:17:38,432
Obviously, Ji-yul would never fall
for a loser like him.

209
00:17:39,016 --> 00:17:41,226
-What should we do?
-Just let them be.

210
00:17:41,310 --> 00:17:42,644
She'll move back in soon.

211
00:17:42,728 --> 00:17:45,314
Ji-yul can't live without money.

212
00:17:46,148 --> 00:17:48,358
I know my daughter
better than anyone else.

213
00:17:53,447 --> 00:17:56,742
<i>"Each and every one of us
is a star traveling across the universe.</i>

214
00:17:58,327 --> 00:18:01,413
Stars that got lost and ended up here

215
00:18:01,705 --> 00:18:03,832
after wandering the vast universe."

216
00:18:04,458 --> 00:18:05,459
{\an8}"No, that's not true.

217
00:18:06,168 --> 00:18:10,589
{\an8}We're stars that ended up crossing paths
right here in this moment

218
00:18:11,590 --> 00:18:16,637
because we missed each other and longed
for one another for a long time."

219
00:18:18,639 --> 00:18:22,059
"That makes us miraculous stars."

220
00:18:23,852 --> 00:18:27,356
{\an8}"The stars that travel across the sky
only twinkle.

221
00:18:28,315 --> 00:18:33,070
{\an8}They are never sad or lonely."

222
00:18:34,029 --> 00:18:38,158
{\an8}"However, we're stars
that feel lonely and sad at times.

223
00:18:40,035 --> 00:18:42,162
Stars that have regrets."

224
00:18:42,871 --> 00:18:44,915
"And that makes us

225
00:18:46,542 --> 00:18:49,294
such lovely stars."

226
00:18:58,554 --> 00:19:00,597
I like this book.

227
00:19:17,364 --> 00:19:19,950
Keep reading. I should go to bed.

228
00:19:20,159 --> 00:19:21,160
Good night.

229
00:19:33,922 --> 00:19:38,719
<i>I WANT TO GIVE YOU
THE MOST BRILLIANT THOUGHTS</i>

230
00:19:45,225 --> 00:19:46,727
I really hate it

231
00:19:46,894 --> 00:19:47,978
when my face turns red.

232
00:19:50,522 --> 00:19:51,523
I think I have a problem.

233
00:19:52,649 --> 00:19:53,609
This must be an illness.

234
00:19:55,319 --> 00:19:56,278
I'm sure of it.

235
00:20:14,755 --> 00:20:15,672
Oh, no! I'm late!

236
00:20:18,300 --> 00:20:19,218
Right.

237
00:20:21,345 --> 00:20:22,554
I quit.

238
00:20:32,356 --> 00:20:33,941
-Did you sleep well?
-Yes.

239
00:20:37,319 --> 00:20:38,237
Aren't you touched?

240
00:20:38,320 --> 00:20:40,364
I cooked up a feast for my girlfriend.

241
00:20:43,075 --> 00:20:44,117
You made all this?

242
00:20:44,201 --> 00:20:47,287
Well, the stir-fried anchovies and kimchi
were in the fridge.

243
00:20:50,165 --> 00:20:52,459
You must be so happy
to have a boyfriend like me.

244
00:20:54,211 --> 00:20:55,212
This looks so good.

245
00:20:55,963 --> 00:20:56,964
All right.

246
00:21:01,385 --> 00:21:02,636
Tell me what you want.

247
00:21:02,928 --> 00:21:03,845
What?

248
00:21:04,388 --> 00:21:05,222
Number One.

249
00:21:05,806 --> 00:21:09,393
A boyfriend who shows you
how much he loves you through money.

250
00:21:13,188 --> 00:21:15,691
Can I buy everything I want?

251
00:21:15,899 --> 00:21:17,359
Yes, buy everything you want.

252
00:21:17,943 --> 00:21:18,777
Number Two.

253
00:21:18,860 --> 00:21:20,529
A boyfriend
who gets revenge on your behalf.

254
00:21:22,531 --> 00:21:23,407
How?

255
00:21:23,824 --> 00:21:25,409
It's simple. I'll go to work,

256
00:21:25,492 --> 00:21:26,827
call Mr. Kim, and say,

257
00:21:26,910 --> 00:21:28,829
"I'm the bestselling author, Cha Eun-ho.

258
00:21:28,912 --> 00:21:30,831
I want to cancel
my contract for all my books.

259
00:21:31,164 --> 00:21:33,250
<i>The Bloody Contract </i>series,
<i>The Universe</i> series,

260
00:21:33,333 --> 00:21:34,835
and the <i>People</i> series too. Everything.

261
00:21:34,918 --> 00:21:38,338
I'll transfer the publication rights
to Wolmyeong, your enemy!

262
00:21:38,422 --> 00:21:40,257
There will be
no more contracts with Gyeoroo."

263
00:21:40,340 --> 00:21:42,259
I'll be firm about it.
That will create chaos

264
00:21:43,093 --> 00:21:44,636
in the company for at least a month.

265
00:21:45,762 --> 00:21:47,139
You won't do that.

266
00:21:47,222 --> 00:21:48,598
Number three.

267
00:21:48,765 --> 00:21:51,059
A boyfriend who stays
with his girlfriend all day long

268
00:21:51,226 --> 00:21:52,853
until she feels better.

269
00:21:53,937 --> 00:21:55,188
But you need to go to work.

270
00:21:55,272 --> 00:21:57,190
I'm not going,
so they can fire me if they want.

271
00:21:58,650 --> 00:21:59,609
I envy you.

272
00:21:59,693 --> 00:22:01,528
You get to have the upper hand.

273
00:22:05,615 --> 00:22:08,035
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.

274
00:22:08,452 --> 00:22:10,495
To be honest, I was just showing off.

275
00:22:10,579 --> 00:22:12,789
I texted Mr. Bong that I'll be
taking the day off.

276
00:22:14,249 --> 00:22:16,084
-You really don't need to go?
-No.

277
00:22:17,252 --> 00:22:18,337
Then...

278
00:22:21,256 --> 00:22:22,758
-I choose number three.
-Number three.

279
00:22:23,425 --> 00:22:24,885
Stay home with me all day.

280
00:22:26,803 --> 00:22:28,597
CHA EUN-HO: DAY OFF

281
00:22:29,848 --> 00:22:31,892
I'm pretty sure the chief editor
is angry right now.

282
00:22:33,018 --> 00:22:35,395
That's because he has
so much love for humanity.

283
00:22:35,479 --> 00:22:36,980
He's obviously protesting.

284
00:22:40,067 --> 00:22:42,235
You accepted her resignation letter
when he wasn't here.

285
00:22:42,319 --> 00:22:43,737
Why are you blaming it on me?

286
00:22:43,820 --> 00:22:45,405
I didn't make the regulations by myself.

287
00:22:45,489 --> 00:22:47,282
-We all agreed on it when we first--
-Come on.

288
00:22:47,365 --> 00:22:48,950
Yes, I was going to go.

289
00:22:53,205 --> 00:22:55,332
CHA EUN-HO: DAY OFF

290
00:22:58,752 --> 00:23:02,172
My gosh, did he seriously
have to take the day off?

291
00:23:27,280 --> 00:23:29,491
This must be Ms. Go's button.

292
00:23:35,038 --> 00:23:36,039
Ms. Go, can you stand up?

293
00:23:36,790 --> 00:23:38,166
Your button fell off again.

294
00:23:38,250 --> 00:23:39,543
I'll sew it back on for you.

295
00:23:39,751 --> 00:23:41,211
You can just keep your shirt on.

296
00:23:41,795 --> 00:23:42,963
Which button fell off?

297
00:24:04,860 --> 00:24:06,653
Go ahead and sew it back on for me.

298
00:24:07,696 --> 00:24:11,116
I know that this is nothing more
than a gesture

299
00:24:11,992 --> 00:24:12,909
of kindness.

300
00:24:24,421 --> 00:24:25,463
I've never

301
00:24:26,423 --> 00:24:27,507
sewed

302
00:24:28,466 --> 00:24:29,342
a button before.

303
00:24:29,426 --> 00:24:32,929
Just because you're a woman doesn't mean
you have to know how to sew.

304
00:24:33,430 --> 00:24:37,017
I just learned how to do it
because I'm a single father.

305
00:24:38,226 --> 00:24:39,728
I'm not good at anything else either.

306
00:24:39,811 --> 00:24:41,897
So what? You're good at your work.

307
00:24:43,857 --> 00:24:46,067
You don't know how relieved I am

308
00:24:46,151 --> 00:24:47,986
that you work here.

309
00:24:49,154 --> 00:24:51,323
There are lots of times when our company

310
00:24:51,406 --> 00:24:53,408
feels more like a social gathering
than a workplace.

311
00:24:54,117 --> 00:24:56,703
But of course,
I think that it is a good trait.

312
00:24:57,412 --> 00:25:00,332
It's important for employees
to be able to speak their minds.

313
00:25:02,083 --> 00:25:03,043
Still,

314
00:25:04,961 --> 00:25:06,213
we need balance.

315
00:25:06,296 --> 00:25:08,965
And you're that balance.

316
00:25:11,635 --> 00:25:13,553
Gyeoroo has come this far

317
00:25:14,387 --> 00:25:17,474
without getting involved in any trouble,

318
00:25:18,850 --> 00:25:21,269
and I think you played a big part in that.

319
00:25:22,604 --> 00:25:24,314
So I'm always grateful.

320
00:25:32,072 --> 00:25:32,948
I feel

321
00:25:33,823 --> 00:25:35,909
a sense of responsibility towards you.

322
00:25:38,328 --> 00:25:40,080
What do you mean?

323
00:25:41,539 --> 00:25:42,916
Gosh, Ms. Go.

324
00:25:43,917 --> 00:25:46,586
You were so pretty
when you first started working here.

325
00:25:46,670 --> 00:25:48,797
But you spent all your youth making books.

326
00:25:50,924 --> 00:25:52,425
Does that mean I'm not pretty anymore?

327
00:25:56,137 --> 00:25:58,390
No, that's not what...

328
00:25:59,474 --> 00:26:00,850
Goodness, I'm all done.

329
00:26:02,060 --> 00:26:03,645
Wait. Scissors.

330
00:26:04,479 --> 00:26:06,523
They're over there. Right there.

331
00:26:08,066 --> 00:26:09,567
Can you hold this?

332
00:26:10,485 --> 00:26:12,112
Why didn't I think of using scissors?

333
00:26:21,329 --> 00:26:22,372
There we go.

334
00:26:27,585 --> 00:26:28,545
Thank you.

335
00:26:28,628 --> 00:26:29,838
Tell me if it comes off again.

336
00:26:29,921 --> 00:26:31,256
I'll sew it back on for you.

337
00:26:31,506 --> 00:26:32,465
Thank you.

338
00:26:34,551 --> 00:26:35,468
Gosh, it's hot in here.

339
00:27:01,828 --> 00:27:02,954
Why aren't you reading?

340
00:27:04,331 --> 00:27:05,290
Is it not fun?

341
00:27:07,417 --> 00:27:10,170
I'm looking at something
that's way more fun and pretty

342
00:27:10,920 --> 00:27:12,255
than a comic book.

343
00:27:13,131 --> 00:27:14,090
What's that?

344
00:27:15,133 --> 00:27:17,010
My girlfriend.

345
00:27:27,854 --> 00:27:29,314
Gosh, that hurts.

346
00:27:50,085 --> 00:27:51,044
Don't do it.

347
00:27:51,461 --> 00:27:52,629
Don't do what?

348
00:27:52,712 --> 00:27:54,798
-Don't do it.
-I'm not going to do anything.

349
00:28:21,533 --> 00:28:22,409
You're smart.

350
00:28:23,660 --> 00:28:24,619
How about

351
00:28:25,995 --> 00:28:27,288
we also drink beer?

352
00:28:36,297 --> 00:28:37,257
How does it taste?

353
00:28:37,799 --> 00:28:38,800
It's delicious.

354
00:28:53,940 --> 00:28:54,941
Are you done reading?

355
00:28:55,400 --> 00:28:56,317
Yes.

356
00:29:07,579 --> 00:29:08,580
Are you done reading?

357
00:29:42,405 --> 00:29:45,784
FROM PARK JUNG-HOON

358
00:29:54,959 --> 00:29:57,337
TO GYEOROO PUBLISHING

359
00:29:57,420 --> 00:29:59,422
{\an8}NOVEL MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION

360
00:30:34,582 --> 00:30:36,334
Both of their desks

361
00:30:37,085 --> 00:30:38,795
are empty.

362
00:30:57,188 --> 00:30:58,523
Gosh.

363
00:31:01,067 --> 00:31:03,236
I'm going to go nuts.

364
00:31:05,822 --> 00:31:09,033
I can't believe
I came to this neighborhood again.

365
00:31:12,745 --> 00:31:14,497
MEETING WITH AUTHOR KANG BYEONG-JUN

366
00:31:17,166 --> 00:31:18,668
KANG BYEONG-JUN'S LAST NOVEL,
<i>THE HEROES</i>

367
00:31:19,335 --> 00:31:22,088
<i>THE HEROES</i>

368
00:31:23,464 --> 00:31:25,967
KANG BYEONG-JUN'S LAST NOVEL,
<i>THE HEROES</i>

369
00:31:43,234 --> 00:31:44,277
Damn, she's here again.

370
00:31:52,577 --> 00:31:53,912
I told you not to come here.

371
00:31:56,873 --> 00:31:58,041
I mean,

372
00:31:58,124 --> 00:32:00,877
you told me not to call, so I didn't.

373
00:32:00,960 --> 00:32:02,795
And you told me not to come,

374
00:32:02,879 --> 00:32:04,797
so I didn't go up to your place.

375
00:32:05,423 --> 00:32:07,884
But it's not like
you own this entire place.

376
00:32:08,468 --> 00:32:10,970
Then go ahead and stay there.
I'll pretend like I didn't see you.

377
00:32:14,766 --> 00:32:16,809
-Let go.
-I'll throw it away for you.

378
00:32:16,893 --> 00:32:18,519
Why bother? I just need to put it there.

379
00:32:18,603 --> 00:32:20,313
I'll throw it away for you. Let me do it.

380
00:32:20,396 --> 00:32:21,397
My gosh.

381
00:32:22,148 --> 00:32:24,692
Throw it away where?
I just need to put it over there.

382
00:32:24,776 --> 00:32:28,363
I came to this neighborhood
and caused you harm.

383
00:32:28,780 --> 00:32:30,198
And I bothered you.

384
00:32:30,907 --> 00:32:33,910
So I'll take this bag of trash
and throw it away

385
00:32:34,619 --> 00:32:36,037
in my neighborhood.

386
00:32:36,120 --> 00:32:37,789
I just need to put it over there.

387
00:32:37,872 --> 00:32:42,001
This garbage!
I'll get this out of your sight.

388
00:32:42,085 --> 00:32:43,544
-Let go.
-I'll throw it away.

389
00:32:43,628 --> 00:32:45,713
-Will you just let go?
-I'll throw it away for you.

390
00:32:49,634 --> 00:32:50,760
-Hey!
-My goodness.

391
00:32:51,386 --> 00:32:52,512
I'm sorry.

392
00:32:52,595 --> 00:32:53,513
Goodness.

393
00:33:00,061 --> 00:33:01,062
Listen to me, Ms. Song.

394
00:33:02,605 --> 00:33:04,440
I thought we had a lot in common.

395
00:33:04,524 --> 00:33:06,192
But I was wrong.
We really don't get along.

396
00:33:06,275 --> 00:33:08,736
Let's only talk about business
from now on.

397
00:33:12,073 --> 00:33:14,575
I'm here because of the pollack
and the cuttlefish.

398
00:33:16,786 --> 00:33:17,996
Aren't you curious

399
00:33:18,204 --> 00:33:19,580
about who they are?

400
00:33:19,664 --> 00:33:21,165
The cuttlefish is Dan-i.

401
00:33:24,502 --> 00:33:25,837
If the cuttlefish is Dan-i,

402
00:33:26,713 --> 00:33:28,089
who would the pollack be?

403
00:33:30,299 --> 00:33:31,259
Is

404
00:33:32,051 --> 00:33:33,261
Eun-ho the pollack?

405
00:33:38,099 --> 00:33:39,559
That asshole.

406
00:33:41,310 --> 00:33:42,937
I knew something smelled fishy.

407
00:33:50,528 --> 00:33:53,698
There was so much I wanted to talk about,

408
00:33:56,200 --> 00:33:57,910
but there was no one I could talk to.

409
00:34:02,457 --> 00:34:04,042
I got really angry

410
00:34:04,208 --> 00:34:07,086
and wanted to make
Eun-ho and Dan-i suffer.

411
00:34:10,048 --> 00:34:11,132
But the problem is

412
00:34:12,425 --> 00:34:16,220
that I like both of them way too much.

413
00:34:17,972 --> 00:34:19,891
But does that mean we need to bless them?

414
00:34:22,060 --> 00:34:23,311
No, that can't happen.

415
00:34:33,529 --> 00:34:35,948
I had a crush on Eun-ho
for a really long time.

416
00:34:36,949 --> 00:34:38,159
I liked him for three years.

417
00:34:38,951 --> 00:34:40,161
Didn't I tell you?

418
00:34:40,244 --> 00:34:42,705
Three years is absolutely nothing.

419
00:34:44,082 --> 00:34:44,957
But

420
00:34:45,875 --> 00:34:48,419
why didn't I ever get the feeling

421
00:34:49,796 --> 00:34:52,548
that the two of them

422
00:34:53,132 --> 00:34:55,927
knew each other for a really long time?

423
00:34:57,386 --> 00:34:59,972
Because you're slow-witted.

424
00:35:02,350 --> 00:35:04,602
Talk about yourself.
It's not like you knew

425
00:35:04,685 --> 00:35:06,229
who the pollack was.

426
00:35:07,480 --> 00:35:08,481
You're right.

427
00:35:11,275 --> 00:35:12,777
Why are we so slow-witted?

428
00:35:15,780 --> 00:35:17,990
See? We do have a lot in common.

429
00:35:19,033 --> 00:35:20,159
Yes, I guess we do.

430
00:35:21,202 --> 00:35:22,578
We have a lot in common.

431
00:35:23,162 --> 00:35:23,996
That's right.

432
00:35:39,387 --> 00:35:40,680
Did she leave?

433
00:35:40,763 --> 00:35:42,849
No, I'm still here.

434
00:35:44,350 --> 00:35:45,434
What are you doing?

435
00:35:45,518 --> 00:35:47,562
I'm putting a puzzle together.

436
00:35:49,272 --> 00:35:50,815
My gosh.

437
00:35:55,111 --> 00:35:56,404
What are you doing?

438
00:35:56,487 --> 00:35:59,907
We drank all night together.

439
00:35:59,991 --> 00:36:02,160
So I figured we should also have
hangover soup together.

440
00:36:02,243 --> 00:36:04,328
But I couldn't just wait and do nothing

441
00:36:04,412 --> 00:36:07,123
because I got so bored.

442
00:36:09,041 --> 00:36:10,626
I've found one I know.

443
00:36:10,877 --> 00:36:13,713
It's a piece of a featured article
in <i>World of Literature</i>.

444
00:36:14,213 --> 00:36:18,009
It's the first time Mr. Kang
has mentioned <i>The Heroes</i>.

445
00:36:18,634 --> 00:36:21,053
I also kept the page too.
But why did you shred this?

446
00:36:26,100 --> 00:36:27,476
I also put together one more.

447
00:36:28,102 --> 00:36:30,855
"Yeong-ju ran into the yard with the book.

448
00:36:31,022 --> 00:36:32,440
Hyeon ran after her.

449
00:36:32,940 --> 00:36:34,567
Yeong-ju and Hyeon's bright laughter

450
00:36:34,650 --> 00:36:36,861
filled their small yard."

451
00:36:38,321 --> 00:36:40,948
I think this is from a novel.

452
00:36:41,199 --> 00:36:42,283
What's the title...

453
00:36:57,423 --> 00:37:00,176
I was going to clean everything up.

454
00:37:01,761 --> 00:37:04,764
I even fed Geum-bi, you know.

455
00:37:08,893 --> 00:37:10,019
Let's have hangover soup.

456
00:37:10,394 --> 00:37:12,230
There's bean sprout soup.
Would you like some?

457
00:37:12,313 --> 00:37:14,232
Well, sure.

458
00:37:14,440 --> 00:37:15,274
If you're offering.

459
00:37:15,358 --> 00:37:17,026
You should go wash up. I'll set the table.

460
00:37:17,318 --> 00:37:18,319
Sure.

461
00:37:21,447 --> 00:37:23,908
Where's the bathroom again?

462
00:37:23,991 --> 00:37:25,326
No, not there. It's that way.

463
00:37:28,329 --> 00:37:29,872
What's that room though?

464
00:37:31,332 --> 00:37:33,626
Are you worried I have a corpse in there?

465
00:37:45,805 --> 00:37:47,431
What the hell!

466
00:37:48,766 --> 00:37:50,142
Gosh.

467
00:37:50,726 --> 00:37:52,603
No wonder the pollack dumped you.

468
00:37:52,687 --> 00:37:55,147
I told you not to mention him.

469
00:37:56,274 --> 00:37:57,441
This...

470
00:37:58,150 --> 00:38:00,778
is the place that already rejected me.

471
00:38:03,990 --> 00:38:05,157
Wait. This one is in Daejeon.

472
00:38:08,244 --> 00:38:09,870
Who cares if it is?

473
00:38:10,246 --> 00:38:11,580
Making a living comes first.

474
00:38:12,331 --> 00:38:14,750
I'm not in a position to weigh my options.

475
00:38:14,834 --> 00:38:16,877
MS. GO

476
00:38:20,548 --> 00:38:21,632
Yes, Ms. Go.

477
00:38:21,716 --> 00:38:23,634
<i>Wait, I don't work there anymore.</i>

478
00:38:29,181 --> 00:38:31,350
What is it? What do you want?

479
00:38:31,934 --> 00:38:33,102
Dan-i?

480
00:38:33,185 --> 00:38:34,186
Yes?

481
00:38:34,729 --> 00:38:36,981
Go ahead. I'm listening.

482
00:38:40,901 --> 00:38:42,111
Can we meet?

483
00:38:44,947 --> 00:38:46,073
What do I wear?

484
00:38:47,742 --> 00:38:48,743
No.

485
00:38:50,786 --> 00:38:51,746
This one?

486
00:38:52,538 --> 00:38:55,207
What's my most flashy outfit?

487
00:38:56,542 --> 00:39:00,129
I'm doing well even though I got fired.
Maybe I should wear something revealing.

488
00:39:01,922 --> 00:39:03,674
I'll be five minutes late.

489
00:39:20,649 --> 00:39:21,567
Excuse me.

490
00:39:22,109 --> 00:39:23,611
I'll have what she's having.

491
00:39:24,111 --> 00:39:25,404
Sure thing.

492
00:39:26,781 --> 00:39:27,782
It's been a while.

493
00:39:27,865 --> 00:39:29,241
Have you been well?

494
00:39:29,325 --> 00:39:30,326
Sure.

495
00:39:31,452 --> 00:39:32,703
As you can see I'm doing fine.

496
00:39:34,622 --> 00:39:35,623
Can you uncross your legs?

497
00:39:37,124 --> 00:39:38,209
I don't want to.

498
00:39:38,292 --> 00:39:41,212
You're not my supervisor anymore.

499
00:39:41,295 --> 00:39:42,213
Uncross your legs.

500
00:39:46,342 --> 00:39:48,344
Say what you need to say.

501
00:39:48,427 --> 00:39:49,929
Take off the shades too.

502
00:39:50,012 --> 00:39:51,097
I don't want to.

503
00:39:51,180 --> 00:39:52,431
Take them off.

504
00:39:54,016 --> 00:39:56,394
I've got a stye in my eye.

505
00:39:58,312 --> 00:39:59,480
Is that so?

506
00:40:00,398 --> 00:40:01,649
Have it your way then.

507
00:40:04,693 --> 00:40:06,445
I came to give you this, but maybe

508
00:40:07,238 --> 00:40:08,322
I should take it back.

509
00:40:08,406 --> 00:40:09,490
Hold on a second, please.

510
00:40:09,573 --> 00:40:11,409
I'll take these off.

511
00:40:12,159 --> 00:40:15,746
I managed to read
what's on the business card.

512
00:40:16,539 --> 00:40:18,666
Is it a business card
of a publishing company?

513
00:40:19,959 --> 00:40:21,919
Are you recommending me for a job?

514
00:40:22,002 --> 00:40:23,212
You don't have a sty.

515
00:40:23,712 --> 00:40:24,797
I was just putting on a show

516
00:40:25,339 --> 00:40:27,216
to keep you entertained.

517
00:40:28,342 --> 00:40:29,385
Here.

518
00:40:31,178 --> 00:40:32,221
PRESIDENT NAM WON-SEOK

519
00:40:33,514 --> 00:40:36,767
-"Pureunmaeum Book Publishing"?
-It's a small company with a few staff.

520
00:40:36,851 --> 00:40:39,562
If you're willing to pull more
than your weight,

521
00:40:39,812 --> 00:40:41,856
it could help with your career.

522
00:40:43,023 --> 00:40:44,358
-Are you interested?
-Yes.

523
00:40:44,859 --> 00:40:46,026
Totally.

524
00:40:46,110 --> 00:40:48,404
Send your résumé to that email address

525
00:40:48,571 --> 00:40:49,572
and call the company.

526
00:40:49,655 --> 00:40:51,240
Say that I gave you their business card.

527
00:40:53,409 --> 00:40:54,743
Yes, of course.

528
00:40:55,327 --> 00:40:57,079
You'd better prepare yourself.

529
00:40:57,872 --> 00:40:58,956
It won't be easy there.

530
00:40:59,039 --> 00:41:01,125
Don't worry. You know me.

531
00:41:01,709 --> 00:41:02,877
You know how hard I work.

532
00:41:02,960 --> 00:41:04,211
It'll be tough,

533
00:41:04,420 --> 00:41:07,047
but hold out for about a year.

534
00:41:07,131 --> 00:41:08,966
Learn about book marketing

535
00:41:09,049 --> 00:41:10,676
and move to a bigger company.

536
00:41:11,802 --> 00:41:15,055
Will you recommend me
to a bigger place a year from now?

537
00:41:17,558 --> 00:41:18,517
Thank you.

538
00:41:20,561 --> 00:41:21,520
Thank you.

539
00:41:22,771 --> 00:41:24,148
-Thank you.
-It depends.

540
00:41:25,649 --> 00:41:26,817
If you're good enough.

541
00:41:27,985 --> 00:41:28,986
I'll do my best.

542
00:41:30,779 --> 00:41:31,864
PRESIDENT NAM WON-SEOK

543
00:41:31,947 --> 00:41:34,158
The company called me back
in less than an hour.

544
00:41:34,241 --> 00:41:35,326
I start tomorrow.

545
00:41:36,452 --> 00:41:37,661
I've never heard of this place.

546
00:41:38,078 --> 00:41:40,581
-Does Ms. Go know the president?
-Yes.

547
00:41:41,290 --> 00:41:42,625
Besides,

548
00:41:42,875 --> 00:41:45,085
I'm not in a position to weigh my options.

549
00:41:46,712 --> 00:41:50,090
If you build experience
as a book marketer,

550
00:41:50,174 --> 00:41:51,467
it'll lead to better jobs.

551
00:41:51,967 --> 00:41:54,845
Why doesn't Gyeoroo Publishing
hire employees with experience?

552
00:41:56,013 --> 00:41:59,183
People from other publishing companies
have a hard time adjusting.

553
00:41:59,808 --> 00:42:00,893
Not me though.

554
00:42:01,435 --> 00:42:02,895
I'd adjust just fine.

555
00:42:04,980 --> 00:42:05,814
I know.

556
00:42:05,898 --> 00:42:08,776
I should suggest
that we change our policy.

557
00:42:20,829 --> 00:42:21,664
Dan-i.

558
00:42:22,623 --> 00:42:23,582
Yes?

559
00:42:25,459 --> 00:42:26,335
Can I...

560
00:42:27,503 --> 00:42:28,671
sleep here tonight?

561
00:42:35,344 --> 00:42:36,178
What?

562
00:42:38,347 --> 00:42:39,223
No, it's fine.

563
00:42:39,723 --> 00:42:40,683
I'll go to my room.

564
00:42:42,101 --> 00:42:43,060
Good night.

565
00:42:43,769 --> 00:42:45,271
Get changed then.

566
00:42:49,900 --> 00:42:52,069
Change into your pajamas.

567
00:42:53,988 --> 00:42:55,406
Oh, right.

568
00:42:55,489 --> 00:42:56,490
I won't be long...

569
00:43:01,036 --> 00:43:02,663
Do I really

570
00:43:03,622 --> 00:43:04,790
need pajamas?

571
00:43:12,631 --> 00:43:13,882
Wait.

572
00:43:16,510 --> 00:43:17,636
Turn off the lights.

573
00:43:19,805 --> 00:43:21,265
Right, of course.

574
00:43:47,625 --> 00:43:48,626
Who is it?

575
00:43:49,627 --> 00:43:50,669
Hello!

576
00:43:52,838 --> 00:43:53,839
Hello.

577
00:43:54,173 --> 00:43:55,132
Can I help you?

578
00:43:55,549 --> 00:43:59,053
I'm your new employee, Kang Dan-i.

579
00:43:59,470 --> 00:44:00,638
My goodness.

580
00:44:00,929 --> 00:44:02,598
I bet it wasn't easy getting here.

581
00:44:02,681 --> 00:44:04,391
Isn't it still cold outside?

582
00:44:04,475 --> 00:44:05,851
I heard some great things.

583
00:44:06,018 --> 00:44:08,103
I heard that there's nothing you can't do.

584
00:44:08,187 --> 00:44:09,897
Gosh, I'm flattered.

585
00:44:10,898 --> 00:44:12,524
So you two are...

586
00:44:12,608 --> 00:44:13,776
I'm the president,

587
00:44:14,193 --> 00:44:15,986
and my wife is in charge of finance.

588
00:44:16,487 --> 00:44:19,865
We treat all our employees like family.

589
00:44:20,658 --> 00:44:22,618
We'll treat you as one too

590
00:44:22,701 --> 00:44:24,370
and support you in any way we can.

591
00:44:24,453 --> 00:44:26,830
This right here is your desk.

592
00:44:26,914 --> 00:44:29,917
I wiped it down thoroughly
after hearing you're going to come.

593
00:44:30,000 --> 00:44:31,377
Thank you so much.

594
00:44:31,835 --> 00:44:33,212
I'll do my best.

595
00:44:35,214 --> 00:44:36,548
You can be a marketer

596
00:44:37,132 --> 00:44:38,467
or even an editor here.

597
00:44:39,051 --> 00:44:41,470
This is a place for you
to pursue your dreams.

598
00:44:44,181 --> 00:44:45,265
<i>Pursuing dreams.</i>

599
00:44:45,683 --> 00:44:46,809
<i>Pursuing my dream.</i>

600
00:44:46,934 --> 00:44:48,936
Thank you for the opportunity.

601
00:44:51,939 --> 00:44:52,981
There you go.

602
00:45:08,330 --> 00:45:09,540
Hello.

603
00:45:09,623 --> 00:45:10,582
I'm sorry.

604
00:45:11,500 --> 00:45:12,334
What?

605
00:45:16,672 --> 00:45:17,881
<i>Run away as fast as you can.</i>

606
00:45:18,424 --> 00:45:19,633
<i>This place is a hellhole.</i>

607
00:45:22,511 --> 00:45:23,470
Run away while you can.

608
00:45:24,138 --> 00:45:27,015
You're better off starving
than working here.

609
00:45:35,357 --> 00:45:39,194
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

610
00:45:42,865 --> 00:45:44,575
I'll get it. Get back to work.

611
00:45:45,617 --> 00:45:47,161
-Yes, this is Gyeoroo--
-<i>Hey!</i>

612
00:45:47,411 --> 00:45:49,163
<i>Is this the best you can do?</i>

613
00:45:49,246 --> 00:45:51,039
<i>You call this a book?</i>

614
00:45:51,331 --> 00:45:54,334
Hello, sir. Is there an issue with--

615
00:45:54,418 --> 00:45:55,502
<i>An issue?</i>

616
00:45:55,586 --> 00:45:57,045
<i>How can a book have so many typos?</i>

617
00:45:57,129 --> 00:45:58,088
Typos?

618
00:45:58,172 --> 00:45:59,798
<i>Are you kidding me?</i>

619
00:45:59,882 --> 00:46:01,425
Sir, could you tell me

620
00:46:01,800 --> 00:46:03,927
what book it is and the pages?

621
00:46:04,011 --> 00:46:06,305
<i>Don't you even know
which book of yours has a problem?</i>

622
00:46:06,638 --> 00:46:08,140
<i>A Beautiful Perspective.</i>

623
00:46:08,348 --> 00:46:10,893
-Sir, we're not the publisher.
-<i>Beautiful, my ass!</i>

624
00:46:10,976 --> 00:46:12,019
<i>Shame on you!</i>

625
00:46:12,102 --> 00:46:13,395
-<i>Is this a joke?</i>
-Sir, please.

626
00:46:13,479 --> 00:46:15,689
Sir, can you not interrupt me?

627
00:46:15,772 --> 00:46:17,065
I'm trying to say something here.

628
00:46:17,149 --> 00:46:18,358
-Sir--
-<i>You incompetent idiot!</i>

629
00:46:18,442 --> 00:46:19,318
Hey!

630
00:46:19,818 --> 00:46:21,987
What the hell are you cursing at me for?

631
00:46:22,529 --> 00:46:24,823
We didn't publish the book.

632
00:46:24,907 --> 00:46:27,868
You got the name mixed up.
It's from Gyeol Publishing,

633
00:46:28,035 --> 00:46:29,661
and we're Gyeoroo Publishing.

634
00:46:29,745 --> 00:46:32,623
What? Did this son of a bitch
just hang up on me?

635
00:46:34,666 --> 00:46:35,918
Damn it.

636
00:46:43,509 --> 00:46:44,635
So Dan-i

637
00:46:45,928 --> 00:46:49,598
took calls like this all the time
without complaining.

638
00:46:52,017 --> 00:46:54,061
I miss her.

639
00:47:06,490 --> 00:47:09,159
Mr. Bae, can you pass me some juice?

640
00:47:09,243 --> 00:47:12,037
I'd like to, but the fridge is empty.

641
00:47:12,120 --> 00:47:13,539
Let me restock it then.

642
00:47:14,915 --> 00:47:17,209
Ms. Seo, do you need anything?

643
00:47:17,793 --> 00:47:18,961
I'll get my own.

644
00:47:20,629 --> 00:47:21,880
{\an8}ORANGE JUICE

645
00:47:23,674 --> 00:47:25,801
This is harder than I thought.

646
00:47:27,678 --> 00:47:28,679
We're low on snacks too.

647
00:47:28,762 --> 00:47:32,349
This must be why they say,
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

648
00:47:32,975 --> 00:47:36,812
Right. Now that she's not here
I miss her a lot.

649
00:47:38,313 --> 00:47:40,148
I miss Dan-i.

650
00:47:42,776 --> 00:47:45,195
She's not here anymore, so we must adjust.

651
00:47:46,905 --> 00:47:50,200
When are you going to stop looking
for her? We should stop missing Dan-i.

652
00:47:56,873 --> 00:47:59,251
I'm the one who misses her the most.

653
00:48:13,307 --> 00:48:15,017
How's Dan-i doing?

654
00:48:15,100 --> 00:48:17,269
She started working at her new job.

655
00:48:17,352 --> 00:48:19,187
She got a job? Where?

656
00:48:19,271 --> 00:48:20,397
A small publishing company.

657
00:48:22,024 --> 00:48:23,025
That's great.

658
00:48:23,108 --> 00:48:25,277
The work must be exhausting though.

659
00:48:25,444 --> 00:48:27,237
When she comes home,
she's so exhausted that...

660
00:48:30,699 --> 00:48:32,534
What? Keep going.

661
00:48:32,993 --> 00:48:36,663
Do you feel sorry for her
because she looks so exhausted?

662
00:48:38,999 --> 00:48:41,335
Right. Why am I feeling sorry for her?

663
00:48:43,879 --> 00:48:47,382
Why did she go to your house
after getting off work?

664
00:48:48,508 --> 00:48:51,762
I'm not sure. Why did she?

665
00:48:53,764 --> 00:48:55,140
I hate you, you know.

666
00:48:56,850 --> 00:48:59,353
It's odd. Why did she come to my place?

667
00:49:07,319 --> 00:49:08,403
What's this?

668
00:49:08,487 --> 00:49:09,613
It's exactly what you see.

669
00:49:09,696 --> 00:49:11,156
I was asked to write

670
00:49:11,239 --> 00:49:13,950
Nam Ju-min's school election pledges.

671
00:49:14,034 --> 00:49:16,495
They're asking you
to help their son out too?

672
00:49:17,537 --> 00:49:19,498
I need to make posters too.

673
00:49:20,749 --> 00:49:23,210
What did I tell you?
I told you to run away.

674
00:49:31,134 --> 00:49:34,012
Hello, this is
Pureunmaeum Book Publishing.

675
00:49:35,389 --> 00:49:37,808
Sorry? Unpaid expenses?

676
00:49:38,850 --> 00:49:40,894
Four months' worth of payments?

677
00:49:41,770 --> 00:49:43,021
The president...

678
00:49:43,105 --> 00:49:44,272
Say that he's not here.

679
00:49:44,690 --> 00:49:45,816
He isn't.

680
00:49:46,108 --> 00:49:49,152
He's not here.
I'm afraid he's not here right now.

681
00:49:49,236 --> 00:49:50,946
I'm sorry. Bye.

682
00:49:53,865 --> 00:49:56,368
It's a book designer who
worked with us four months ago.

683
00:49:56,827 --> 00:49:58,245
No payments were made.

684
00:49:58,328 --> 00:50:01,164
Of course not.
They didn't pay the designer.

685
00:50:03,959 --> 00:50:05,335
Hello, this is Pureunmaeum...

686
00:50:07,170 --> 00:50:09,840
Can you tell me what this is about first?

687
00:50:12,426 --> 00:50:13,385
The print shop?

688
00:50:15,679 --> 00:50:18,515
Mr. Nam isn't here right now. I'm sorry.

689
00:50:21,435 --> 00:50:24,604
Are you sure we get paid on time?

690
00:50:24,688 --> 00:50:26,523
Yes, we get paid on time.

691
00:50:27,149 --> 00:50:28,108
Actually,

692
00:50:28,859 --> 00:50:31,027
they do pay, but only when

693
00:50:31,778 --> 00:50:35,407
those who should get paid say that
they will use legal measures and such.

694
00:50:36,658 --> 00:50:38,326
I'm just going to hold out for a year.

695
00:50:38,410 --> 00:50:41,037
I'll move to another company
after gaining experience here.

696
00:50:54,426 --> 00:50:55,761
I'm home.

697
00:50:55,844 --> 00:50:56,803
Hey.

698
00:51:15,363 --> 00:51:16,740
Another tough day at work?

699
00:51:17,699 --> 00:51:19,493
I thought I was going to die.

700
00:51:21,411 --> 00:51:23,288
How am I going to last a year there?

701
00:51:25,123 --> 00:51:28,668
My boss is a total nutjob and as if that
isn't enough his wife is a nutjob too.

702
00:51:29,461 --> 00:51:31,630
Do you have any idea what I did today?

703
00:51:32,798 --> 00:51:35,133
I made posters for my boss' son
all day long

704
00:51:35,217 --> 00:51:38,386
because he's running for school president.

705
00:51:39,346 --> 00:51:40,263
My gosh.

706
00:51:41,890 --> 00:51:43,809
I see my Dan-i had a hard day today.

707
00:51:46,102 --> 00:51:46,937
But

708
00:51:47,813 --> 00:51:49,523
one thought kept me going.

709
00:51:50,106 --> 00:51:52,609
The thought of seeing you when I get home.

710
00:51:53,276 --> 00:51:55,445
-Me?
-Yes.

711
00:51:59,616 --> 00:52:00,909
It's finally the weekend.

712
00:52:02,702 --> 00:52:04,830
I don't have to go to work for two days.

713
00:52:06,373 --> 00:52:07,374
Gosh.

714
00:52:08,166 --> 00:52:10,752
Go wash up. It's time for dinner.

715
00:52:10,836 --> 00:52:12,128
-Okay.
-Okay.

716
00:52:12,379 --> 00:52:13,338
-Ready.
-Okay.

717
00:52:13,839 --> 00:52:16,174
-One, two, three.
-Two, three.

718
00:52:20,095 --> 00:52:21,638
-Put your back into it.
-Okay.

719
00:52:21,721 --> 00:52:23,139
-One, two...
-Three.

720
00:52:31,189 --> 00:52:32,732
Wait. Why did I...

721
00:52:34,693 --> 00:52:35,819
This is my house.

722
00:52:37,571 --> 00:52:38,655
I can't believe it.

723
00:52:38,738 --> 00:52:40,699
I shouldn't get used to her. Darn it.

724
00:52:46,705 --> 00:52:47,664
Ji-yul.

725
00:52:52,627 --> 00:52:53,503
Ji-yul?

726
00:53:00,302 --> 00:53:02,345
Where did she go? It's Saturday.

727
00:53:07,058 --> 00:53:08,768
<i>I'm going to work
because I have a lot to do.</i>

728
00:53:08,852 --> 00:53:11,062
<i>I'll be home late,
so you can rest up at your house today.</i>

729
00:53:11,146 --> 00:53:13,690
She's working hard these days.

730
00:53:17,277 --> 00:53:18,194
The house is clean too.

731
00:53:25,285 --> 00:53:27,996
RECEIPT

732
00:53:28,079 --> 00:53:29,664
{\an8}GO FOR IT! YOU CAN DO IT, JI-YUL!

733
00:53:29,748 --> 00:53:32,083
LET'S BE FRUGAL!
YOU'RE GOING TO BECOME A NEW PERSON!

734
00:53:32,167 --> 00:53:33,001
What is this?

735
00:53:33,501 --> 00:53:35,253
BECOME THE BEST EDITOR IN HISTORY!

736
00:53:35,337 --> 00:53:36,922
She's more determined than I thought.

737
00:53:57,192 --> 00:53:59,778
MANUSCRIPTS SUBMITTED BY READERS

738
00:54:11,498 --> 00:54:13,208
<i>THE HEROES</i>

739
00:54:43,196 --> 00:54:45,615
I should clean up this place too.

740
00:54:49,703 --> 00:54:51,037
I have to wash this too.

741
00:55:05,135 --> 00:55:07,303
<i>BLUE NIGHT
APRIL 23</i>

742
00:55:09,389 --> 00:55:10,765
<i>"April 23"?</i>

743
00:55:11,933 --> 00:55:14,102
This is Mr. Kang's handwritten manuscript.

744
00:55:20,025 --> 00:55:22,235
Wait, the original title was <i>Blue Night</i>?

745
00:55:23,111 --> 00:55:24,487
This title suits the novel better.

746
00:55:25,113 --> 00:55:26,865
Why did he change the title?

747
00:55:39,294 --> 00:55:40,920
What is this? Is this a diary?

748
00:55:42,714 --> 00:55:43,923
I shouldn't read

749
00:55:45,258 --> 00:55:46,551
someone else's diary.

750
00:55:47,510 --> 00:55:49,929
But it's Mr. Kang's diary.

751
00:55:56,853 --> 00:55:58,938
<i>On January 1st, 2007,</i>

752
00:55:59,606 --> 00:56:01,691
<i>Eun-ho came to offer
his New Year's greetings.</i>

753
00:56:02,317 --> 00:56:04,611
<i>We drank together for the first time.</i>

754
00:56:05,111 --> 00:56:08,323
<i>I wanted him to taste a lot of alcohol
and learn the proper manner of drinking.</i>

755
00:56:08,698 --> 00:56:11,910
<i>I opened up everything I had,
including Korean refined rice wine,</i>

756
00:56:11,993 --> 00:56:14,829
<i>wine, kaoliang, and liquor.</i>

757
00:56:15,246 --> 00:56:17,540
<i>He seemed to handle
the alcohol pretty well,</i>

758
00:56:17,916 --> 00:56:20,126
<i>but he got very drunk in the end.</i>

759
00:56:20,335 --> 00:56:23,880
<i>He shared his aspiration of
becoming a good writer.</i>

760
00:56:24,547 --> 00:56:27,217
<i>He told me he'd become a rising star
in the literary world.</i>

761
00:56:27,467 --> 00:56:30,970
<i>Only after listening to
his long speech about his dream,</i>

762
00:56:31,471 --> 00:56:32,722
<i>I was able to put him to sleep.</i>

763
00:56:33,765 --> 00:56:36,476
Eun-ho was cute when he was 20.

764
00:56:38,103 --> 00:56:39,395
So cute. He's adorable.

765
00:56:48,196 --> 00:56:50,156
<i>September 20, 2007.</i>

766
00:56:51,074 --> 00:56:53,868
<i>I started going for walks to exercise.</i>

767
00:56:54,494 --> 00:56:58,414
<i>I couldn't stop laughing for some reason
when I reached the summit.</i>

768
00:56:59,249 --> 00:57:00,750
<i>It was refreshing and nice.</i>

769
00:57:01,960 --> 00:57:03,503
<i>I've been writing</i>

770
00:57:04,087 --> 00:57:05,880
<i>and taking my medication regularly.</i>

771
00:57:05,964 --> 00:57:06,923
"Medication"?

772
00:57:07,632 --> 00:57:08,925
Was he sick?

773
00:57:17,976 --> 00:57:19,144
Is this another diary?

774
00:57:24,649 --> 00:57:26,901
<i>November 20, 2008.</i>

775
00:57:28,111 --> 00:57:30,447
<i>My son visited me.</i>

776
00:57:30,530 --> 00:57:31,573
His son?

777
00:57:32,115 --> 00:57:33,700
He has a son?

778
00:57:56,014 --> 00:57:56,890
What?

779
00:57:57,599 --> 00:57:59,184
You came to work on a Saturday.

780
00:58:00,727 --> 00:58:02,520
You are working hard these days.

781
00:58:04,939 --> 00:58:05,815
Ms. Song.

782
00:58:06,941 --> 00:58:07,901
Ms. Song.

783
00:58:10,320 --> 00:58:12,530
Mr. Kang Byeong-jun

784
00:58:12,947 --> 00:58:13,948
has resurfaced.

785
00:58:20,997 --> 00:58:21,915
This...

786
00:58:22,415 --> 00:58:25,210
This is Mr. Kang's manuscript.

787
00:58:25,793 --> 00:58:27,921
The last novel he said he would write.

788
00:58:28,630 --> 00:58:29,589
<i>"The Heroes."</i>

789
00:58:32,467 --> 00:58:33,676
<i>"The Heroes."</i>

790
00:58:35,845 --> 00:58:37,138
"Park Jung-hoon"?

791
00:58:59,661 --> 00:59:01,204
<i>Mr. Kang was ill.</i>

792
00:59:02,372 --> 00:59:05,708
<i>And Eun-ho has been taking care of him
the whole time.</i>

793
00:59:15,134 --> 00:59:16,052
Dan-i.

794
00:59:18,179 --> 00:59:19,347
Dan-i, where are you?

795
00:59:33,778 --> 00:59:34,946
Dan-i.

796
00:59:37,282 --> 00:59:38,366
Where did she go?

797
00:59:47,875 --> 00:59:49,377
Dan-i, are you up in the attic?

798
00:59:51,546 --> 00:59:52,880
I brought home groceries.

799
00:59:56,175 --> 00:59:57,135
Dan-i.

800
01:00:09,147 --> 01:00:10,440
Mr. Kang...

801
01:00:14,527 --> 01:00:16,070
You're taking care of him, right?

802
01:00:19,532 --> 01:00:20,366
In Kapyong...

803
01:00:22,243 --> 01:00:23,953
Mr. Kang is in Kapyong, right?

804
01:00:33,755 --> 01:00:34,672
<i>I was always</i>

805
01:00:36,132 --> 01:00:39,177
<i>afraid of that box opening up</i>

806
01:00:39,677 --> 01:00:41,471
<i>and the world finding out about his story.</i>

807
01:00:42,764 --> 01:00:45,516
<i>Whenever I think I might have made</i>

808
01:00:46,559 --> 01:00:47,685
<i>the wrong decision,</i>

809
01:00:48,936 --> 01:00:52,357
<i>I get scared of criticisms
and can't fall asleep at night.</i>

810
01:00:54,317 --> 01:00:55,526
<i>I think</i>

811
01:00:56,736 --> 01:00:58,905
<i>I might have wanted
Dan-i to find out everything.</i>

812
01:01:00,657 --> 01:01:02,533
<i>Even if the whole world turns
their back on me,</i>

813
01:01:03,159 --> 01:01:05,078
<i>Dan-i will stay by my side.</i>

814
01:01:06,663 --> 01:01:08,081
<i>She will hold my hand</i>

815
01:01:09,332 --> 01:01:10,875
<i>with love in her eyes.</i>

816
01:01:19,759 --> 01:01:23,680
I READ POEMS WHEN I'M LOST
OR WHEN I HAVE A LOT TO SAY

817
01:01:25,014 --> 01:01:27,558
SIMPLE MOMENTS BECOME SPECIAL
AND WITH YOU, EVERY MOMENT IS SPECIAL

818
01:01:27,642 --> 01:01:29,352
HE MAKES ME WANT TO LOVE
WITHOUT HOLDING BACK

819
01:01:29,435 --> 01:01:31,187
I LEARNED WHAT TRUE LOVE IS
AS I LOVED EUN-HO

820
01:01:31,479 --> 01:01:32,689
"YOUR HAND IS ALWAYS WARM"

821
01:01:32,772 --> 01:01:33,981
"BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO BE WARM"

822
01:01:34,148 --> 01:01:37,527
WHEN SOMETHING LEAVES, IT LEAVES A HOLE
AND YOU GET TO DECIDE WHAT TO FILL IT WITH

823
01:01:37,610 --> 01:01:39,070
WHEN HE LOOKS AT ME, MY HEART TICKLES

824
01:01:39,153 --> 01:01:40,738
I FIND A NEW SIDE OF ME WHEN I'M WITH YOU

825
01:01:40,822 --> 01:01:42,198
I'M NOT AFRAID OF HARDSHIPS ANYMORE

826
01:01:42,281 --> 01:01:44,242
BECAUSE I KNOW WHERE TO GO.
I KNOW WHERE EUN-HO IS.

827
01:01:47,995 --> 01:01:49,539
<i>The whole time, I wanted to hear that.</i>

828
01:01:50,289 --> 01:01:51,416
<i>That I did the right thing.</i>

829
01:01:51,666 --> 01:01:54,585
<i>I felt like a fool for not knowing
what Eun-ho was going through.</i>

830
01:01:54,752 --> 01:01:57,630
<i>The thought of him suffering all alone
broke my heart.</i>

831
01:01:58,131 --> 01:01:59,507
<i>And I couldn't help but cry</i>

832
01:01:59,757 --> 01:02:02,301
<i>because I knew that
I couldn't go back in time</i>

833
01:02:02,969 --> 01:02:03,970
<i>and be there for him.</i>

834
01:02:04,971 --> 01:02:07,432
<i>Either Mr. Kang has come back</i>

835
01:02:07,515 --> 01:02:11,227
or someone is copying Mr. Kang's style.

836
01:02:12,019 --> 01:02:14,063
<i>I want the whole world to find out</i>

837
01:02:14,147 --> 01:02:15,940
<i>that I love you.</i>

838
01:02:16,858 --> 01:02:19,986
I couldn't stop thinking about that.
The diary said his son visited him.

839
01:02:20,069 --> 01:02:21,446
<i>I was always curious.</i>

840
01:02:21,571 --> 01:02:22,864
<i>I always wanted to know</i>

841
01:02:22,947 --> 01:02:24,824
why the title is <i>April 23,</i> not <i>Blue Night</i>.

842
01:02:24,907 --> 01:02:27,326
You already know the answer, don't you?

843
01:02:29,370 --> 01:02:31,372
{\an8}Subtitle translation by Ja-won Lee