"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep16 (English)

1
00:00:18,476 --> 00:00:19,853
WE

2
00:00:20,311 --> 00:00:22,439
MET

3
00:00:32,782 --> 00:00:33,950
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,034 --> 00:00:37,829
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,621 --> 00:00:42,709
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:44,919 --> 00:00:47,213
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,297 --> 00:00:49,966
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,759 --> 00:00:53,595
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,054 --> 00:00:59,225
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:02,771 --> 00:01:04,856
VOLUME 16

11
00:01:07,233 --> 00:01:10,653
Gyeoroo, never slow down. Keep going!

12
00:01:15,033 --> 00:01:18,286
No. It's my first day back,
so I shouldn't go overboard.

13
00:01:22,415 --> 00:01:23,833
WELCOME BACK, DAN-I, YOU ROCK

14
00:01:26,419 --> 00:01:27,504
It's coming up!

15
00:01:28,630 --> 00:01:29,881
She's in this elevator for sure.

16
00:01:29,964 --> 00:01:32,717
I checked how long it takes
to get to the elevator from the entrance.

17
00:01:32,801 --> 00:01:34,594
-I'm such a perfectionist.
-Well done.

18
00:01:38,264 --> 00:01:39,349
Congratulations!

19
00:01:46,648 --> 00:01:48,817
We'll get this off you.

20
00:01:48,900 --> 00:01:50,026
We're sorry.

21
00:02:02,455 --> 00:02:04,582
What do we do? We have nothing now.

22
00:02:04,666 --> 00:02:07,710
It's okay. I knew this would happen,
so I brought a secret weapon.

23
00:02:12,966 --> 00:02:14,384
-She's coming up. Hurry!
-My gosh.

24
00:02:21,474 --> 00:02:23,434
Mr. Kim, are you all right?

25
00:02:25,812 --> 00:02:26,729
Mr. Kim?

26
00:02:27,021 --> 00:02:28,314
-I can't hear a thing.
-Mr. Kim.

27
00:02:29,065 --> 00:02:30,233
Can you not hear me?

28
00:02:30,650 --> 00:02:31,860
Mr. Kim!

29
00:02:32,986 --> 00:02:34,487
Well, what do we do now?

30
00:02:34,571 --> 00:02:36,739
We really have nothing left now.

31
00:02:36,823 --> 00:02:37,657
Our headbands.

32
00:02:37,740 --> 00:02:40,118
-Can't we do something with them?
-What can we do with this?

33
00:02:40,201 --> 00:02:42,162
Shake your head like this. Shake it away.

34
00:02:42,245 --> 00:02:44,414
Shake it harder.
The letters have to keep moving.

35
00:02:44,497 --> 00:02:46,291
Keep going. More! Shake it even harder.

36
00:02:46,875 --> 00:02:48,293
We must surprise Dan-i.

37
00:02:48,376 --> 00:02:50,211
Let's keep doing this until she arrives.

38
00:02:56,801 --> 00:02:59,429
-Welcome back.
-Welcome back.

39
00:02:59,512 --> 00:03:00,597
Dan-i!

40
00:03:00,680 --> 00:03:01,806
Thank you!

41
00:03:07,812 --> 00:03:08,688
That was an epic fail.

42
00:03:08,771 --> 00:03:11,065
-I think she's mad at us.
-Hasn't she changed a bit?

43
00:03:11,149 --> 00:03:12,901
-Yes, she's changed.
-She has.

44
00:03:17,614 --> 00:03:18,781
What was that about?

45
00:03:18,865 --> 00:03:20,074
-I missed you!
-Congratulations!

46
00:03:28,374 --> 00:03:30,168
{\an8}Everyone, it's Dan-i's first day back!

47
00:03:35,548 --> 00:03:37,133
{\an8}Those flowers are from me.

48
00:03:37,216 --> 00:03:39,093
{\an8}Thank you, Ms. Seo.

49
00:03:39,594 --> 00:03:41,012
{\an8}That book holder is from me.

50
00:03:41,095 --> 00:03:42,847
{\an8}I got you that pen and those notebooks.

51
00:03:44,307 --> 00:03:46,976
{\an8}-That mini humidifier is from me.
-Thank you.

52
00:03:47,060 --> 00:03:49,854
{\an8}It's so nice to see you again.

53
00:03:49,938 --> 00:03:51,522
{\an8}I'll be good to you from now on.

54
00:03:52,023 --> 00:03:52,982
{\an8}What's she saying?

55
00:03:54,484 --> 00:03:57,111
Are you not going to tell her?
About Mr. Lee's contract termination.

56
00:03:57,195 --> 00:03:59,280
You got confused and made a mistake.

57
00:03:59,364 --> 00:04:00,657
You were going to tell her.

58
00:04:00,740 --> 00:04:01,699
-Really?
-Really?

59
00:04:02,867 --> 00:04:03,785
My gosh.

60
00:04:03,868 --> 00:04:05,078
I'm really sorry.

61
00:04:05,411 --> 00:04:06,663
I got confused.

62
00:04:06,746 --> 00:04:09,874
I'll make sure it never happens again.
I'll be really good to you.

63
00:04:09,958 --> 00:04:13,461
It's okay. Thanks to you, I received
this special offer. It's all good.

64
00:04:13,544 --> 00:04:14,963
Thanks for being understanding.

65
00:04:15,046 --> 00:04:18,508
-Thank you.
-We set up your desk for you.

66
00:04:18,591 --> 00:04:21,427
That's right. We got you
the sturdiest chair. Aren't we awesome?

67
00:04:21,511 --> 00:04:22,929
Thank you, everyone.

68
00:04:23,263 --> 00:04:26,224
My gosh, our special recruit is here.

69
00:04:26,808 --> 00:04:31,437
The winner of the 2019 Gyeoroo
Idea Contest, Kang Dan-i, welcome back!

70
00:04:34,148 --> 00:04:37,944
-Kang Dan-i!
-Kang Dan-i!

71
00:04:38,027 --> 00:04:39,028
-Kang Dan-i!
-Good job.

72
00:04:40,196 --> 00:04:42,365
-Kang Dan-i!
-Dan-i!

73
00:04:42,448 --> 00:04:47,537
-Kang Dan-i!
-Kang Dan-i!

74
00:04:48,288 --> 00:04:49,998
I'll work harder from now on.

75
00:04:50,081 --> 00:04:51,791
I look forward to working with you again.

76
00:04:57,088 --> 00:05:00,258
On that note, do any of you want to learn
tango with me starting today?

77
00:05:00,842 --> 00:05:02,302
-Coffee, anyone?
-I'm taking lessons.

78
00:05:02,385 --> 00:05:03,720
-Let's have coffee.
-I'll show you.

79
00:05:03,803 --> 00:05:06,139
-Come here. I'll teach you.
-I'll buy coffee.

80
00:05:06,222 --> 00:05:08,599
Our hearts will become one.

81
00:05:08,683 --> 00:05:10,518
It's about dancing
with one heart and four legs.

82
00:05:10,601 --> 00:05:12,145
-I'll teach you in a bit.
-My gosh.

83
00:05:12,228 --> 00:05:13,980
Goodness, come on.

84
00:05:14,063 --> 00:05:15,773
You have to walk backward.

85
00:05:16,357 --> 00:05:17,900
Why did you just make that sound?

86
00:05:31,164 --> 00:05:32,248
EUN-HO

87
00:05:34,375 --> 00:05:35,543
<i>Look at me.</i>

88
00:05:39,589 --> 00:05:40,882
<i>At two o'clock.</i>

89
00:06:37,105 --> 00:06:38,815
<i>Let's have Mr. Cha handle it for now.</i>

90
00:06:38,898 --> 00:06:40,691
Be on the lookout for other manuscripts.

91
00:06:41,067 --> 00:06:42,610
I'm sure you'll find a better one.

92
00:06:43,569 --> 00:06:44,821
<i>All right?</i>

93
00:06:45,321 --> 00:06:46,906
Why isn't she saying anything about it?

94
00:06:48,741 --> 00:06:51,452
What if they're planning
to make it look like

95
00:06:51,536 --> 00:06:54,497
they discovered Mr. Kang's manuscript,
which I found,

96
00:06:54,580 --> 00:06:56,290
so that they can get credit for it?

97
00:06:59,710 --> 00:07:01,462
I need a cup of coffee.

98
00:07:01,546 --> 00:07:03,172
-Here--
-It's okay. I'll do it.

99
00:07:06,801 --> 00:07:07,802
All right.

100
00:07:08,511 --> 00:07:10,721
I should look out for myself.

101
00:07:11,973 --> 00:07:13,391
What? Look out for who?

102
00:07:14,142 --> 00:07:15,059
Mr. Bong.

103
00:07:15,560 --> 00:07:18,729
One of the manuscripts we received
from our readers

104
00:07:18,813 --> 00:07:20,356
was incredibly well-written.

105
00:07:20,940 --> 00:07:22,316
What?

106
00:07:22,400 --> 00:07:23,693
Hae-rin!

107
00:07:23,776 --> 00:07:25,486
I heard we received Mr. Kang's manuscript.

108
00:07:26,070 --> 00:07:27,822
<i>The Heroes.</i> Where is it? Let me see.

109
00:07:29,157 --> 00:07:32,201
Since Mr. Bong is an avid fan
of Mr. Kang Byeong-jun,

110
00:07:32,285 --> 00:07:33,369
I figured

111
00:07:33,453 --> 00:07:36,289
he'd be able to tell if it was
really written by Mr. Kang or not.

112
00:07:36,372 --> 00:07:37,623
Yes, I'm glad you told me.

113
00:07:37,707 --> 00:07:40,042
Where's Eun-ho?
I heard he took the manuscript.

114
00:07:40,626 --> 00:07:43,671
He stepped out for a meeting
with Mr. Ji Seo-jun.

115
00:07:43,754 --> 00:07:45,089
Where is the manuscript?

116
00:07:45,590 --> 00:07:47,091
If it's Kang Byeong-jun's manuscript,

117
00:07:47,175 --> 00:07:49,552
don't you think
you should've brought it to me first?

118
00:07:49,635 --> 00:07:51,220
I'm disappointed in you.

119
00:07:51,304 --> 00:07:52,597
You have a copy of it, right?

120
00:07:52,680 --> 00:07:54,765
You must've made a copy
before giving it to Eun-ho.

121
00:07:54,849 --> 00:07:56,100
Come on! Let me see.

122
00:07:59,854 --> 00:08:01,439
Why did you put it there?

123
00:08:02,940 --> 00:08:04,275
What are you talking about?

124
00:08:04,358 --> 00:08:05,902
Mr. Kang's manuscript?

125
00:08:05,985 --> 00:08:08,654
Hold on.
I'll make a copy of this for you as well.

126
00:08:08,738 --> 00:08:10,114
Dan-i, can you make a copy...

127
00:08:10,198 --> 00:08:11,741
No, that's not your job anymore.

128
00:08:12,950 --> 00:08:14,869
Is it really Mr. Kang's manuscript?

129
00:08:23,044 --> 00:08:25,254
<i>THE HEROES</i>
BY PARK JUNG-HOON

130
00:08:28,549 --> 00:08:29,884
Okay, you may leave.

131
00:08:30,468 --> 00:08:31,552
Yes, sir.

132
00:08:42,897 --> 00:08:46,442
<i>You and Kang Byeong-jun...</i>

133
00:08:47,068 --> 00:08:49,278
DECLARATION OF THE END OF
KANG BYEONG-JUN'S WRITING CAREER

134
00:08:49,362 --> 00:08:50,780
<i>What's your relationship?</i>

135
00:08:52,573 --> 00:08:53,574
My father.

136
00:08:55,618 --> 00:08:56,661
He's my father.

137
00:08:58,454 --> 00:08:59,372
Well...

138
00:08:59,914 --> 00:09:00,873
From what I know,

139
00:09:00,957 --> 00:09:04,293
he's been single all his life.

140
00:09:04,377 --> 00:09:06,420
He lost both of his parents
in the Korean War,

141
00:09:06,587 --> 00:09:09,131
and he has no siblings, wife, or kids.

142
00:09:09,215 --> 00:09:11,092
He even wrote about it
in one of his essays.

143
00:09:11,175 --> 00:09:14,470
And that's why
he could write so many books.

144
00:09:15,054 --> 00:09:17,014
Mr. Cha, this...

145
00:09:18,015 --> 00:09:19,642
Do you realize what this means?

146
00:09:20,560 --> 00:09:22,019
I promised him

147
00:09:23,312 --> 00:09:24,522
that I'd be his son.

148
00:09:25,648 --> 00:09:28,651
I need a place where he can stay
as well as a caregiver,

149
00:09:29,360 --> 00:09:31,862
and you're the only one
I can turn to for help.

150
00:09:33,281 --> 00:09:34,657
Please believe me

151
00:09:36,367 --> 00:09:37,994
and help me as well as Mr. Kang.

152
00:09:40,454 --> 00:09:42,206
How could I believe you?

153
00:09:45,543 --> 00:09:46,961
I have

154
00:09:48,087 --> 00:09:49,255
Mr. Kang's journals.

155
00:10:27,585 --> 00:10:29,920
I didn't think
you would like places like this.

156
00:10:31,422 --> 00:10:33,132
I was in high school
when I first came here.

157
00:10:34,300 --> 00:10:35,926
Back then,
I only had green onion pancakes.

158
00:10:37,428 --> 00:10:39,430
Mr. Kang really liked this bar.

159
00:10:56,489 --> 00:10:58,324
I heard you're Ryu Hyeon-seok's fan.

160
00:10:58,407 --> 00:10:59,533
That's why I brought this.

161
00:11:00,159 --> 00:11:01,327
You're smart.

162
00:11:02,036 --> 00:11:03,162
It's hard for me

163
00:11:03,287 --> 00:11:05,289
to turn down Mr. Ryu's novel
because I'm a huge fan.

164
00:11:07,041 --> 00:11:09,210
There is another manuscript
I want you to take a look at.

165
00:11:14,840 --> 00:11:16,467
I thought you'd like this one as well.

166
00:11:17,802 --> 00:11:20,054
{\an8}You're Mr. Kang Byeong-jun's fan.

167
00:11:24,767 --> 00:11:27,728
Are you telling me that
Mr. Kang wrote this novel?

168
00:11:29,688 --> 00:11:32,024
People who don't know him well
might think that he did,

169
00:11:32,650 --> 00:11:33,943
but I beg to differ.

170
00:11:36,570 --> 00:11:37,905
How can you be so sure?

171
00:11:39,657 --> 00:11:40,908
You must know

172
00:11:41,075 --> 00:11:43,202
where he is and what he's up to.

173
00:11:44,495 --> 00:11:45,496
You do, don't you?

174
00:11:45,579 --> 00:11:48,165
The only reason you want to meet
Mr. Kang Byeong-jun

175
00:11:48,707 --> 00:11:50,000
is because you're his fan?

176
00:11:51,085 --> 00:11:52,211
Is that really all?

177
00:11:54,338 --> 00:11:55,840
What other reason do I need?

178
00:11:56,298 --> 00:11:59,635
No one would write a full-length novel
just because they're his fan,

179
00:12:00,678 --> 00:12:01,846
Mr. Park Jung-hoon.

180
00:12:09,228 --> 00:12:10,438
How did you figure out

181
00:12:11,230 --> 00:12:12,523
that I am Park Jung-hoon?

182
00:12:16,318 --> 00:12:17,695
Shall I let you in on a secret?

183
00:12:18,696 --> 00:12:20,406
The secret behind the title

184
00:12:20,489 --> 00:12:22,950
of Mr. Kang's last novel, <i>April 23</i>.

185
00:12:29,999 --> 00:12:34,753
<i>BLUE NIGHT
APRIL 23</i>

186
00:12:35,421 --> 00:12:36,589
I was always curious.

187
00:12:37,089 --> 00:12:40,551
I always wanted to know
why the title is <i>April 23,</i> not <i>Blue Night</i>.

188
00:12:41,552 --> 00:12:44,263
That date isn't mentioned
anywhere in the novel,

189
00:12:45,055 --> 00:12:47,600
so I wasn't sure if it would be okay
to publish it with that title.

190
00:12:48,392 --> 00:12:51,645
It was the first book
I worked on as an editor,

191
00:12:52,563 --> 00:12:54,899
so I thought long and hard about it.

192
00:12:57,902 --> 00:13:00,237
<i>BLUE NIGHT
APRIL 23</i>

193
00:13:00,821 --> 00:13:01,947
And there's something else

194
00:13:02,615 --> 00:13:03,782
I'm curious about.

195
00:13:04,533 --> 00:13:05,993
One of his journal entry

196
00:13:10,456 --> 00:13:11,582
seemed off.

197
00:13:13,667 --> 00:13:14,668
MY SON VISITED ME

198
00:13:14,752 --> 00:13:16,295
He lived alone all his life.

199
00:13:17,171 --> 00:13:19,089
"Who is this son of his
that he wrote about?"

200
00:13:20,382 --> 00:13:22,009
That also bothered me for a long time,

201
00:13:22,676 --> 00:13:25,054
but I couldn't find the answer
just like <i>April 23</i>.

202
00:13:26,889 --> 00:13:27,890
However, I think

203
00:13:28,891 --> 00:13:30,434
I can find the answer now.

204
00:13:31,602 --> 00:13:32,853
His son and April 23.

205
00:13:33,395 --> 00:13:34,271
That date is

206
00:13:34,855 --> 00:13:36,357
your birthday.

207
00:13:37,900 --> 00:13:40,277
You already know the answer, don't you?

208
00:13:41,195 --> 00:13:42,446
Answer me.

209
00:13:43,697 --> 00:13:45,449
I really need to hear your answer.

210
00:13:48,118 --> 00:13:49,787
What did he say?

211
00:13:49,870 --> 00:13:52,164
Why is the title of this novel, <i>April 23</i>?

212
00:13:52,373 --> 00:13:55,417
He wasn't in a state
where he could answer the question.

213
00:13:55,876 --> 00:13:56,877
He still isn't.

214
00:13:57,753 --> 00:13:58,754
How come?

215
00:14:00,965 --> 00:14:03,175
I think that's all I can tell you

216
00:14:03,717 --> 00:14:04,927
at the moment.

217
00:14:10,516 --> 00:14:11,725
Here.

218
00:14:11,809 --> 00:14:14,937
Everything you want to know is
inside this shopping bag.

219
00:14:15,020 --> 00:14:16,480
Take a look.

220
00:14:34,415 --> 00:14:35,624
<i>However, I think</i>

221
00:14:35,708 --> 00:14:37,376
<i>I am very close to the answer now.</i>

222
00:14:38,544 --> 00:14:39,879
<i>His son and April 23.</i>

223
00:14:40,129 --> 00:14:40,963
<i>That date is</i>

224
00:14:41,672 --> 00:14:42,882
<i>your birthday.</i>

225
00:14:58,063 --> 00:15:01,442
JULY 5, 2007, I WAS DIAGNOSED
WITH ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE

226
00:15:04,737 --> 00:15:07,948
I ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN
BECAUSE I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT

227
00:15:11,493 --> 00:15:13,120
It's not that he chose not to find me,

228
00:15:15,789 --> 00:15:17,458
he simply doesn't remember me.

229
00:15:20,294 --> 00:15:21,545
Hello.

230
00:15:22,338 --> 00:15:23,505
I'm Ji In-yeong's son,

231
00:15:24,423 --> 00:15:25,633
Ji Seo-jun.

232
00:15:27,092 --> 00:15:28,135
I'm her

233
00:15:29,303 --> 00:15:30,471
and your...

234
00:15:32,723 --> 00:15:33,724
son.

235
00:15:34,308 --> 00:15:35,601
I know you didn't know.

236
00:15:36,185 --> 00:15:37,895
<i>She gave birth to me
after you two broke up.</i>

237
00:15:39,188 --> 00:15:41,523
My mom is ill.

238
00:15:41,732 --> 00:15:43,400
SEPTEMBER 20, 2007
I WENT FOR A WALK

239
00:15:43,484 --> 00:15:46,362
DECEMBER 23, 2007
WE SHOULDN'T FEAR DEATH

240
00:15:52,618 --> 00:15:53,702
NOVEMBER 20, 2008

241
00:15:53,786 --> 00:15:56,455
<i>My son visited me.</i>

242
00:16:00,167 --> 00:16:01,126
<i>You're my son?</i>

243
00:16:01,627 --> 00:16:04,338
<i>I was born on April 23, 1991.</i>

244
00:16:04,922 --> 00:16:06,882
If you send us money,
I won't show up ever again.

245
00:16:07,299 --> 00:16:09,510
And I won't tell anyone that I'm your son.

246
00:16:10,511 --> 00:16:12,346
Please help my mom. That's all I ask.

247
00:16:13,305 --> 00:16:15,432
Please help her,

248
00:16:17,601 --> 00:16:18,477
sir.

249
00:16:23,524 --> 00:16:27,695
April 23.

250
00:16:29,405 --> 00:16:30,990
Ji Seo-jun.

251
00:16:32,324 --> 00:16:33,492
My son.

252
00:16:37,121 --> 00:16:38,455
<i>BLUE NIGHT</i>

253
00:16:44,712 --> 00:16:45,713
<i>I...</i>

254
00:16:46,547 --> 00:16:48,465
<i>must not forget this.</i>

255
00:16:48,549 --> 00:16:49,925
<i>BLUE NIGHT
APRIL 23</i>

256
00:16:50,009 --> 00:16:51,427
<i>Ji Seo-jun.</i>

257
00:16:51,510 --> 00:16:53,345
NOVEMBER 20, 2008
MY SON VISITED ME

258
00:16:53,554 --> 00:16:57,057
<i>April 23.</i>

259
00:16:58,851 --> 00:16:59,893
<i>My son.</i>

260
00:17:01,520 --> 00:17:04,898
<i>April 23.</i>

261
00:17:24,752 --> 00:17:26,837
I keep coming to this neighborhood.

262
00:17:29,590 --> 00:17:31,467
I obviously like this neighborhood.

263
00:17:39,558 --> 00:17:40,809
<i>If you need a friend,</i>

264
00:17:41,602 --> 00:17:43,062
<i>I'll be your friend.</i>

265
00:17:55,240 --> 00:17:57,576
I'm right here, Seo-jun.

266
00:17:58,702 --> 00:18:00,871
I'm not your girlfriend
or your friend for that matter,

267
00:18:03,624 --> 00:18:05,584
but I want to be here for you.

268
00:18:20,641 --> 00:18:23,811
WHEN I WOKE UP,
I SAW EUN-HO SLEEPING NEXT TO ME

269
00:18:23,936 --> 00:18:26,605
MAYBE THE SON I WROTE ABOUT
WAS EUN-HO

270
00:18:26,688 --> 00:18:29,733
IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I STARTED
TO THINK OF HIM AS MY SON

271
00:19:02,349 --> 00:19:04,351
What? I came
because I was worried about him.

272
00:19:12,109 --> 00:19:13,986
Hae-rin is cute.

273
00:19:24,913 --> 00:19:26,039
What brings you here?

274
00:19:26,123 --> 00:19:27,541
What are you doing here?

275
00:19:29,042 --> 00:19:30,669
I came because I was worried about him,

276
00:19:31,920 --> 00:19:33,589
but he hasn't even
stepped out of his house.

277
00:19:35,966 --> 00:19:38,886
Did you also stop by to check in on him
because you got worried?

278
00:19:39,595 --> 00:19:42,639
Well, I figured seeing his place with
the lights on would put my mind at ease.

279
00:19:47,477 --> 00:19:49,688
But you're here, so I guess I can go home.

280
00:19:50,189 --> 00:19:52,733
We can't even call him
or knock on the door anyway.

281
00:19:53,400 --> 00:19:54,902
All right, I'll be here.

282
00:19:54,985 --> 00:19:56,612
He's so lucky.

283
00:19:56,695 --> 00:19:58,739
Song Hae-rin, who's reliable,
is here for him.

284
00:19:59,573 --> 00:20:02,034
Goodness, Dan-i is so lucky

285
00:20:02,117 --> 00:20:04,369
to have such a warmhearted boyfriend.

286
00:20:04,453 --> 00:20:05,495
Gosh.

287
00:20:07,122 --> 00:20:08,123
I'll be off, then.

288
00:20:08,498 --> 00:20:09,374
Get home safely.

289
00:20:44,868 --> 00:20:46,161
KAPYONG

290
00:20:51,208 --> 00:20:52,084
Yes.

291
00:20:52,542 --> 00:20:53,627
Why did you call?

292
00:21:21,321 --> 00:21:22,864
He'll be fine.

293
00:21:23,699 --> 00:21:24,783
He'll get through it.

294
00:21:27,536 --> 00:21:28,537
He will, right?

295
00:21:50,392 --> 00:21:51,310
Mr. Kim.

296
00:23:01,630 --> 00:23:03,256
Rest in peace.

297
00:23:06,760 --> 00:23:07,636
We'll...

298
00:23:09,221 --> 00:23:10,680
We'll meet again.

299
00:23:38,792 --> 00:23:40,127
I wanted to prove something.

300
00:23:41,878 --> 00:23:44,422
I thought he never came looking for me,

301
00:23:44,589 --> 00:23:46,007
even after he had found out about me

302
00:23:47,342 --> 00:23:50,387
because he didn't want to acknowledge me
as his son.

303
00:23:54,099 --> 00:23:56,768
I wanted to prove to him
that I'm still his son

304
00:24:00,230 --> 00:24:01,940
even if he refuses to acknowledge me,

305
00:24:04,025 --> 00:24:06,987
by writing <i>The Heroes</i>.

306
00:24:11,908 --> 00:24:13,743
I know that might seem foolish,

307
00:24:15,078 --> 00:24:16,538
but writing <i>The Heroes</i>

308
00:24:18,165 --> 00:24:20,208
was the only way
I could reach out to my dad.

309
00:24:21,251 --> 00:24:22,627
That's what happened in the end.

310
00:24:23,670 --> 00:24:26,381
If you hadn't written <i>The Heroes</i>,

311
00:24:26,882 --> 00:24:29,467
you wouldn't have been able to see him
before the burial.

312
00:24:33,430 --> 00:24:35,599
It seems like he also waited for you

313
00:24:36,600 --> 00:24:37,517
for a long time.

314
00:24:40,854 --> 00:24:42,230
<i>April 23.</i>

315
00:24:43,565 --> 00:24:44,482
Now you know

316
00:24:45,775 --> 00:24:49,404
that it was the last message
he left for you.

317
00:24:51,239 --> 00:24:52,824
"I've never forgotten you.

318
00:24:54,659 --> 00:24:55,785
I remember you."

319
00:25:01,082 --> 00:25:02,459
<i>April 23.</i>

320
00:25:04,836 --> 00:25:06,504
That book was my last hope.

321
00:25:10,175 --> 00:25:12,719
I comforted myself thinking
that it could be his way of telling me

322
00:25:14,262 --> 00:25:15,764
that he remembers me.

323
00:25:16,723 --> 00:25:18,850
But I still felt distressed
from time to time.

324
00:25:20,227 --> 00:25:22,479
"If that's the case,
why isn't he looking for me?"

325
00:25:24,689 --> 00:25:27,859
That question was what tortured me
the most for the past ten years.

326
00:25:33,448 --> 00:25:34,908
Thank you, Mr. Cha.

327
00:25:35,575 --> 00:25:37,035
Thanks to you,

328
00:25:38,578 --> 00:25:39,996
I was able to hear his answer.

329
00:25:42,791 --> 00:25:45,627
It's all thanks to you
who stayed by his side all along.

330
00:25:50,465 --> 00:25:52,217
Thank you so much, Mr. Cha.

331
00:26:18,702 --> 00:26:20,662
I was just wondering if it was working.

332
00:26:22,372 --> 00:26:24,332
The office is really dry.

333
00:26:24,833 --> 00:26:27,836
You're going to be busy
working on your marketing proposal.

334
00:26:28,128 --> 00:26:29,838
And I wanted to be of help.

335
00:26:30,922 --> 00:26:33,466
Congratulations on winning the contest.

336
00:26:33,633 --> 00:26:35,010
Thank you, Song-i.

337
00:26:35,176 --> 00:26:36,803
I've been thinking...

338
00:26:37,012 --> 00:26:38,930
Who's going to be the editor?

339
00:26:39,014 --> 00:26:42,809
You have to partner up with an editor
for your project.

340
00:26:44,978 --> 00:26:46,062
I'm not sure yet.

341
00:26:48,481 --> 00:26:49,941
I'll be your partner.

342
00:26:50,025 --> 00:26:51,901
I'll be your partner, Dan-i.

343
00:26:51,985 --> 00:26:54,988
I'm a novice editor who's full of passion.

344
00:26:55,071 --> 00:26:57,365
Passion isn't enough
when it comes to work.

345
00:26:57,490 --> 00:26:59,200
Forget about how I was in the past.

346
00:26:59,284 --> 00:27:00,702
I was born again.

347
00:27:00,910 --> 00:27:03,330
Haven't you heard
that I'm a whole new person now?

348
00:27:03,413 --> 00:27:05,582
I'll use my past experiences
and know-hows--

349
00:27:05,665 --> 00:27:07,250
I even did some research for you.

350
00:27:12,130 --> 00:27:14,341
I don't have what she has,
but I do have documents.

351
00:27:14,924 --> 00:27:18,595
I made a list of mentors
that would be suitable for your project.

352
00:27:24,893 --> 00:27:26,061
Song-i.

353
00:27:31,399 --> 00:27:34,152
When and how did you find
all these people?

354
00:27:37,447 --> 00:27:40,533
The person I like the most
is Professor Kwak.

355
00:27:40,617 --> 00:27:41,910
-Where?
-It's on page three.

356
00:27:41,993 --> 00:27:42,827
A botanist?

357
00:27:42,911 --> 00:27:45,705
NEW EDITION
OF KANG BYEONG-JUN'S <i>APRIL 23</i>

358
00:27:46,373 --> 00:27:49,084
{\an8}KANG BYEONG-JUN'S UNIQUE WRITING STYLE
THAT GENTLY ENTICES THE READERS

359
00:27:49,167 --> 00:27:51,086
BEFORE THEY EVEN KNOW IT

360
00:27:51,169 --> 00:27:54,214
<i>APRIL 23
BY KANG BYEONG-JUN</i>

361
00:27:59,844 --> 00:28:02,806
NEW EDITION
OF KANG BYEONG-JUN'S <i>APRIL 23</i>

362
00:28:11,648 --> 00:28:16,569
AUTHOR CHRONOLOGY

363
00:28:16,653 --> 00:28:20,323
TO MY SON

364
00:28:20,407 --> 00:28:23,743
He gave it to me a very long time ago.

365
00:28:24,244 --> 00:28:25,662
He asked me to give it to you

366
00:28:26,704 --> 00:28:28,915
once he died.

367
00:28:29,416 --> 00:28:31,876
He wrote it when he got his memory back
for a while,

368
00:28:32,377 --> 00:28:35,713
so it's probably going to be his will.

369
00:28:45,265 --> 00:28:47,475
Why are you giving it to me?

370
00:28:48,351 --> 00:28:50,103
He left it for you.

371
00:28:50,520 --> 00:28:51,771
So you should read it.

372
00:28:51,855 --> 00:28:53,398
You both should read it.

373
00:28:54,899 --> 00:28:55,984
You're both his son.

374
00:28:56,735 --> 00:28:57,777
So read it together.

375
00:29:14,794 --> 00:29:18,089
<i>To Eun-ho, my beloved son.</i>

376
00:29:19,257 --> 00:29:23,052
<i>It's been a very long time
since I opened my eyes to see the world,</i>

377
00:29:23,553 --> 00:29:25,722
<i>and I can see that it's still midnight.</i>

378
00:29:27,056 --> 00:29:28,308
<i>It's still dark.</i>

379
00:29:29,809 --> 00:29:30,810
<i>However,</i>

380
00:29:31,394 --> 00:29:33,521
<i>I am no longer afraid.</i>

381
00:29:35,607 --> 00:29:38,401
<i>Rather than having people remember me</i>

382
00:29:39,027 --> 00:29:42,238
<i>as an old man
who suffered from an illness,</i>

383
00:29:43,114 --> 00:29:45,408
<i>I wanted them to think</i>

384
00:29:46,367 --> 00:29:49,662
<i>that I just disappeared
so that I would be forgotten.</i>

385
00:29:50,663 --> 00:29:52,582
<i>But I've realized that I was very foolish.</i>

386
00:29:53,082 --> 00:29:56,628
Gosh, they even added his chronology
in the new edition.

387
00:29:57,879 --> 00:29:59,047
What's this?

388
00:29:59,506 --> 00:30:01,466
-A medical certificate?
-A medical certificate?

389
00:30:03,426 --> 00:30:07,055
What? Kang Byeong-jun
suffered from Alzheimer's disease?

390
00:30:07,847 --> 00:30:08,973
I thought he went missing.

391
00:30:10,391 --> 00:30:12,685
KANG BYEONG-JUN AND HIS STUDENT,
CHA EUN-HO

392
00:30:12,769 --> 00:30:15,897
<i>From now on,
I won't be able to use my muscles,</i>

393
00:30:16,439 --> 00:30:18,525
<i>and I will lose my memory.</i>

394
00:30:19,526 --> 00:30:22,779
<i>I will be left with nothing
and slowly wither away.</i>

395
00:30:23,905 --> 00:30:27,700
<i>But that is also a part of my life
that I cannot disregard.</i>

396
00:30:29,077 --> 00:30:30,703
<i>I've now realized</i>

397
00:30:31,538 --> 00:30:33,581
<i>that it's something I need to accept.</i>

398
00:30:33,665 --> 00:30:38,336
{\an8}<i>APRIL 23
BY KANG BYEONG-JUN</i>

399
00:30:39,963 --> 00:30:40,964
<i>Eun-ho.</i>

400
00:30:41,881 --> 00:30:45,718
<i>I want my life to become a story
that people can read.</i>

401
00:30:46,553 --> 00:30:49,013
<i>So will you do me the honor
of writing the chronology</i>

402
00:30:50,139 --> 00:30:51,558
<i>of my life?</i>

403
00:30:52,725 --> 00:30:53,560
AUTHOR CHRONOLOGY

404
00:30:53,643 --> 00:30:55,436
YEAR OF 1954
LOST HIS PARENTS IN THE KOREAN WAR

405
00:30:55,520 --> 00:30:57,272
YEAR OF 1965
JOINED THE LITERATURE CLUB

406
00:31:00,525 --> 00:31:01,526
<i>Eun-ho</i>

407
00:31:02,819 --> 00:31:06,489
<i>I don't believe that
a single book is capable</i>

408
00:31:07,866 --> 00:31:09,659
<i> of changing the world.</i>

409
00:31:11,119 --> 00:31:13,746
<i>However, I still would like to tell you</i>

410
00:31:14,122 --> 00:31:16,833
<i>to become someone</i>

411
00:31:18,084 --> 00:31:20,086
<i>who's like a book.</i>

412
00:31:22,463 --> 00:31:25,425
<i>A book may not be able
to change the world,</i>

413
00:31:26,426 --> 00:31:30,138
<i>but I'm sure it can still leave
something warm</i>

414
00:31:31,264 --> 00:31:32,765
<i>inside someone's heart.</i>

415
00:31:35,476 --> 00:31:36,769
<i>Just like how you hid</i>

416
00:31:37,562 --> 00:31:40,982
<i>between the sentences in a book
when you were lost.</i>

417
00:31:42,066 --> 00:31:45,320
<i>Just like how I met a book named Eun-ho</i>

418
00:31:45,653 --> 00:31:47,155
<i>and was offered</i>

419
00:31:48,406 --> 00:31:51,743
<i>a very warm consolation
in the last moments of my life,</i>

420
00:31:53,453 --> 00:31:54,871
<i>Eun-ho,</i>

421
00:31:55,872 --> 00:31:58,541
-<i>I want you to become</i>
-You can eat it.

422
00:31:58,625 --> 00:32:01,294
<i>a book that can consolate others
like you did to me.</i>

423
00:32:01,377 --> 00:32:04,464
You remember that I told you
that there's an open class next Wednesday

424
00:32:05,715 --> 00:32:07,008
at 3:00 p.m., right?

425
00:32:07,342 --> 00:32:08,217
Make sure you're free.

426
00:32:08,718 --> 00:32:10,428
Is the topic science?

427
00:32:10,511 --> 00:32:12,889
-Yes.
-I told you to tell me beforehand.

428
00:32:12,972 --> 00:32:14,766
-Why are you telling me now?
-I did tell you.

429
00:32:15,266 --> 00:32:17,435
He's going to take swimming lessons
instead of taekwondo.

430
00:32:17,518 --> 00:32:21,230
You're quitting taekwondo? You just
started. Why are you quitting already?

431
00:33:00,019 --> 00:33:01,104
<i>Ms. Go.</i>

432
00:33:01,187 --> 00:33:02,647
<i>I get that you love work.</i>

433
00:33:02,730 --> 00:33:04,941
<i>But work will never love you back.</i>

434
00:33:06,109 --> 00:33:09,153
<i>I'm telling you this as your friend,
not the president of the company.</i>

435
00:33:22,417 --> 00:33:23,418
Let me also say something

436
00:33:23,918 --> 00:33:25,378
as your friend.

437
00:33:26,713 --> 00:33:28,047
Let's skip work together.

438
00:33:29,966 --> 00:33:31,300
Let's go to the beach.

439
00:33:43,813 --> 00:33:47,066
<i>I want you to meet people
and live this world</i>

440
00:33:47,775 --> 00:33:49,402
<i>with sincerity</i>

441
00:33:49,944 --> 00:33:51,446
<i>deep down in your heart.</i>

442
00:34:13,968 --> 00:34:14,969
<i>THE ART OF WAITING</i>

443
00:34:15,053 --> 00:34:15,887
Gosh.

444
00:34:15,970 --> 00:34:17,513
-Hoon!
-What?

445
00:34:17,680 --> 00:34:19,974
-I have big news!
-What is it this time?

446
00:34:20,516 --> 00:34:22,393
-It passed!
-Gosh, it passed!

447
00:34:28,566 --> 00:34:31,652
<i>A single book might not be able
to change the world</i>

448
00:34:32,153 --> 00:34:35,907
<i>or change a person's life.</i>

449
00:34:36,949 --> 00:34:39,869
<i>But a good book is bound to be read</i>

450
00:34:40,578 --> 00:34:42,997
<i>by everyone.</i>

451
00:34:43,081 --> 00:34:44,582
-My gosh.
-Congratulations.

452
00:34:44,665 --> 00:34:45,792
I'll do my best.

453
00:34:56,010 --> 00:34:59,013
<i>And then, little by little, </i>

454
00:35:00,014 --> 00:35:01,974
<i>it will warm people's hearts.</i>

455
00:35:12,777 --> 00:35:14,904
<i>Eun-ho, you have always protected me</i>

456
00:35:15,321 --> 00:35:17,240
<i>despite all the rumors</i>

457
00:35:18,074 --> 00:35:19,117
<i>that kept spreading.</i>

458
00:35:20,243 --> 00:35:24,080
<i>I pray that you'll also be able
to receive consolation</i>

459
00:35:25,623 --> 00:35:27,792
<i>by meeting a person</i>

460
00:35:29,293 --> 00:35:30,545
<i>who's like a book.</i>

461
00:35:47,937 --> 00:35:49,480
You can finish the rest on your own.

462
00:35:50,982 --> 00:35:53,776
By any chance,
did you cook all this for me?

463
00:35:54,443 --> 00:35:56,028
What? Me?

464
00:35:57,238 --> 00:36:00,241
No, I brought my mom's side dishes.

465
00:36:00,324 --> 00:36:02,201
I didn't eat
so I thought I'd eat with you.

466
00:36:03,077 --> 00:36:04,036
I see.

467
00:36:05,413 --> 00:36:06,539
Why?

468
00:36:06,622 --> 00:36:07,832
No way.

469
00:36:08,916 --> 00:36:10,543
Were you touched because

470
00:36:10,626 --> 00:36:12,044
you thought I cooked all this?

471
00:36:13,337 --> 00:36:14,297
No, that's not it.

472
00:36:14,797 --> 00:36:18,217
I just remembered someone telling me
that when daughters start

473
00:36:18,843 --> 00:36:21,137
taking food
from their mom's refrigerators,

474
00:36:21,387 --> 00:36:23,139
it means they've started dating.

475
00:36:23,806 --> 00:36:24,765
What?

476
00:36:25,892 --> 00:36:27,685
Who? Me?

477
00:36:30,438 --> 00:36:31,480
With whom?

478
00:36:36,027 --> 00:36:37,153
Thank you for the meal.

479
00:36:38,571 --> 00:36:39,614
Give me your bowl.

480
00:36:44,493 --> 00:36:45,536
Thank you.

481
00:36:47,288 --> 00:36:48,164
Oh, right.

482
00:36:49,665 --> 00:36:51,459
I should take a photo to
remember this moment.

483
00:36:54,086 --> 00:36:55,087
There.

484
00:37:05,181 --> 00:37:06,057
What?

485
00:37:07,642 --> 00:37:09,310
-It looks nice.
-Do you think so?

486
00:37:09,769 --> 00:37:11,646
-Send it to me.
-Okay.

487
00:37:12,438 --> 00:37:13,397
Eat up.

488
00:37:13,481 --> 00:37:15,316
Okay. Thank you for the meal.

489
00:37:21,572 --> 00:37:22,531
It's really delicious.

490
00:37:23,616 --> 00:37:24,450
It is, isn't it?

491
00:37:26,661 --> 00:37:28,412
Next time, I'll bring you some dumplings.

492
00:37:29,372 --> 00:37:30,248
Dumplings?

493
00:37:32,917 --> 00:37:33,876
By the way,

494
00:37:35,586 --> 00:37:37,296
I heard you stayed in front of my house

495
00:37:37,380 --> 00:37:38,881
all night the other day.

496
00:37:40,925 --> 00:37:42,551
Did Eun-ho tell you?

497
00:37:43,511 --> 00:37:44,720
He said you stayed for a while.

498
00:37:46,555 --> 00:37:48,182
Thank you for worrying about me.

499
00:37:51,978 --> 00:37:52,979
Well, I mean...

500
00:37:54,480 --> 00:37:55,606
As we worked together,

501
00:37:56,774 --> 00:37:59,151
it kind of felt

502
00:38:00,069 --> 00:38:01,821
like we became friends.

503
00:38:03,155 --> 00:38:04,323
Pretty close friends at that.

504
00:38:06,242 --> 00:38:09,203
But Cha Eun-ho is
still your number one guy,

505
00:38:09,787 --> 00:38:10,621
isn't he?

506
00:38:11,831 --> 00:38:13,165
Why do you think so?

507
00:38:13,916 --> 00:38:15,584
You talked to him as soon as you found out

508
00:38:16,168 --> 00:38:17,670
that I was Park Jung-hoon.

509
00:38:17,753 --> 00:38:18,796
Come on.

510
00:38:19,380 --> 00:38:21,007
That was because of work.

511
00:38:21,090 --> 00:38:22,717
And it was a pretty serious issue.

512
00:38:22,800 --> 00:38:24,969
On top of that,
Eun-ho is the chief editor.

513
00:38:27,096 --> 00:38:28,180
What if it wasn't work?

514
00:38:39,233 --> 00:38:40,192
Well...

515
00:38:40,693 --> 00:38:46,449
My mom's homemade green onion kimchi
is really delicious.

516
00:38:46,532 --> 00:38:48,034
Try some.

517
00:38:56,500 --> 00:38:57,877
You wrote <i>The Heroes</i> in that room,

518
00:38:59,170 --> 00:39:00,129
didn't you?

519
00:39:02,465 --> 00:39:05,593
That's where you hid and wrote <i>The Heroes</i>.

520
00:39:12,516 --> 00:39:14,393
Instead of hiding,

521
00:39:15,102 --> 00:39:18,689
why don't you come out
and write a new one,

522
00:39:19,315 --> 00:39:20,316
Author Ji Seo-jun?

523
00:39:24,737 --> 00:39:27,239
I'm still not sure about it.

524
00:39:27,323 --> 00:39:28,699
I like it.

525
00:39:29,408 --> 00:39:30,576
Your writing, I mean.

526
00:39:31,660 --> 00:39:32,620
A few times...

527
00:39:34,705 --> 00:39:36,665
Actually, to be honest,

528
00:39:37,666 --> 00:39:39,210
I read it a lot of times.

529
00:39:40,669 --> 00:39:42,546
And every time I read it
I get immersed in it.

530
00:39:47,635 --> 00:39:49,595
As an editor, I'll wait for your next one.

531
00:39:56,310 --> 00:39:57,228
Sure.

532
00:40:00,189 --> 00:40:01,315
I'm first in line.

533
00:40:02,983 --> 00:40:03,984
All right?

534
00:40:04,568 --> 00:40:05,653
I'll think about it.

535
00:40:06,320 --> 00:40:07,363
Come on.

536
00:40:08,322 --> 00:40:09,907
<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

537
00:40:10,533 --> 00:40:11,784
Finally!

538
00:40:12,451 --> 00:40:16,205
"How important is life with nature
for the city people?"

539
00:40:16,288 --> 00:40:17,623
Timeliness.

540
00:40:17,706 --> 00:40:19,458
"The best book of the century

541
00:40:19,542 --> 00:40:21,502
that deliciously describes
the grandeur of nature."

542
00:40:21,585 --> 00:40:23,003
It's also fun.

543
00:40:23,087 --> 00:40:26,090
Isn't this book entertaining though?

544
00:40:26,674 --> 00:40:30,302
I didn't know that plants are very
selective when it comes to choosing mates.

545
00:40:30,386 --> 00:40:31,762
Professor Kwak

546
00:40:31,846 --> 00:40:33,806
revised it over and over again.

547
00:40:34,306 --> 00:40:35,891
Now that we're done proofreading,

548
00:40:35,975 --> 00:40:38,561
we'll set a date
for its release and promotion.

549
00:40:38,644 --> 00:40:41,897
Let's convince the others at the meeting.
We'll make sure to get it published.

550
00:40:41,981 --> 00:40:44,233
And get a huge budget for marketing.

551
00:40:48,946 --> 00:40:50,364
<i>Nice! I love it.</i>

552
00:40:50,448 --> 00:40:52,491
<i>Let's have it published straight away.</i>

553
00:40:53,409 --> 00:40:55,161
<i>The Perfect Murderer.</i>

554
00:40:55,244 --> 00:40:56,537
I love the title.

555
00:40:56,620 --> 00:40:57,830
This is the kind of book

556
00:40:57,913 --> 00:41:00,124
that'll go from shelves
to the checkout counter.

557
00:41:00,624 --> 00:41:01,876
It's about time for a thriller.

558
00:41:02,668 --> 00:41:04,837
Let's not limit the budget and...

559
00:41:04,920 --> 00:41:06,380
<i>Why aren't they mentioning our book?</i>

560
00:41:07,673 --> 00:41:09,925
<i>They will soon. The meeting's almost over.</i>

561
00:41:10,009 --> 00:41:11,927
-Thank you.
-Thank you!

562
00:41:13,471 --> 00:41:15,055
Is that all on our agenda?

563
00:41:15,139 --> 00:41:16,348
No!

564
00:41:16,432 --> 00:41:19,560
Our new book <i>Inner Thoughts of Plants</i>
has been completed.

565
00:41:19,643 --> 00:41:20,728
<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

566
00:41:21,437 --> 00:41:24,690
I think it's best to wait
for the time being.

567
00:41:24,773 --> 00:41:26,442
Good job, everyone!

568
00:41:26,525 --> 00:41:29,987
-Thank you.
-Good job.

569
00:41:30,070 --> 00:41:32,114
-I'm craving some meat.
-I'm starving.

570
00:41:32,198 --> 00:41:33,782
-Got it?
-Sure.

571
00:41:33,866 --> 00:41:36,327
Sir, even the proofreading is done.

572
00:41:36,452 --> 00:41:38,162
It can be published right away.

573
00:41:39,205 --> 00:41:42,249
Why did it have to be one
written by a botanist of all people?

574
00:41:42,958 --> 00:41:44,376
There are other famous writers.

575
00:41:44,460 --> 00:41:46,545
If not, why not have a book

576
00:41:46,629 --> 00:41:49,131
written about me, the legendary publisher?

577
00:41:49,924 --> 00:41:51,592
It sounds absurd, doesn't it?

578
00:41:51,675 --> 00:41:53,636
That's exactly how I feel about this book.

579
00:41:53,719 --> 00:41:56,514
It's too weak to be the first book
of the Ten Person Project.

580
00:41:59,016 --> 00:42:02,019
Ms. Go, how should we schedule
the marketing for...

581
00:42:02,603 --> 00:42:03,562
Just wait.

582
00:42:03,646 --> 00:42:04,897
{\an8}<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

583
00:42:07,066 --> 00:42:09,652
"Just wait" means that

584
00:42:09,735 --> 00:42:11,987
they won't publish it.

585
00:42:12,571 --> 00:42:15,157
Anyway, let's go clubbing tonight.
What do you say?

586
00:42:17,076 --> 00:42:19,245
I'll make sure this book is
displayed on the best spot.

587
00:42:19,328 --> 00:42:20,246
-Nice.
-Good.

588
00:42:20,329 --> 00:42:22,331
You guys did great.

589
00:42:22,414 --> 00:42:24,833
Good job, you two. This is great work.

590
00:42:24,917 --> 00:42:27,503
So that's the book
they're going to publish instead of ours?

591
00:42:27,586 --> 00:42:29,630
They said they loved the proposal though.

592
00:42:30,256 --> 00:42:31,924
All they care about is money.

593
00:42:32,007 --> 00:42:32,967
Let's go!

594
00:42:33,092 --> 00:42:36,095
They're like bullfrogs
that destroy the environment.

595
00:42:36,178 --> 00:42:38,055
They're like noxious weeds that suck up

596
00:42:38,347 --> 00:42:39,431
nutrients of other plants.

597
00:42:39,515 --> 00:42:42,101
Japanese hop is one of the worst.

598
00:42:42,977 --> 00:42:44,603
Isn't it the giant ragweed?

599
00:42:45,604 --> 00:42:46,939
Don't forget the bur cucumber.

600
00:42:47,147 --> 00:42:48,148
Is that so?

601
00:42:49,567 --> 00:42:50,526
Gosh.

602
00:42:52,486 --> 00:42:53,737
What do we do?

603
00:42:53,821 --> 00:42:55,739
We already said that
it would be published.

604
00:42:56,031 --> 00:42:57,825
We got Professor Kwak's hopes up.

605
00:42:58,951 --> 00:43:01,996
We still haven't heard
from Mr. Cha though.

606
00:43:03,163 --> 00:43:04,999
Isn't he at a lecture today?

607
00:43:06,041 --> 00:43:08,377
Then he's our last hope.

608
00:43:08,460 --> 00:43:12,464
{\an8}<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

609
00:43:14,967 --> 00:43:15,968
Mr. Cha.

610
00:43:16,802 --> 00:43:18,846
Ji-yul and I worked day and night

611
00:43:18,929 --> 00:43:20,973
to finish this book.

612
00:43:21,056 --> 00:43:22,349
Professor Kwak too.

613
00:43:22,433 --> 00:43:25,561
So we'd like to know
when the book will be published.

614
00:43:25,728 --> 00:43:26,937
I'll think about it.

615
00:43:27,021 --> 00:43:28,772
What do you mean?

616
00:43:30,190 --> 00:43:32,860
Him too? How can they do this to us?

617
00:43:33,944 --> 00:43:35,362
Tell me about it.

618
00:43:43,704 --> 00:43:47,041
The marketing concept
for this book is "class."

619
00:43:47,374 --> 00:43:50,044
Okay? I want it to look classy.

620
00:43:50,711 --> 00:43:52,921
You can't use a font
that stands out like this.

621
00:43:53,005 --> 00:43:54,590
And I told you

622
00:43:54,673 --> 00:43:56,425
that Writer Ryu's books need to look edgy.

623
00:43:57,009 --> 00:43:58,510
The illustration may stand out but

624
00:43:58,594 --> 00:44:00,346
it attracts attention
and spikes interests.

625
00:44:00,429 --> 00:44:02,723
Mr. Ji, just follow the instructions.

626
00:44:02,806 --> 00:44:04,725
I'm on a tight schedule.

627
00:44:04,808 --> 00:44:08,145
I thought you wanted the best design.
Are you going back on your word?

628
00:44:08,228 --> 00:44:09,897
Is this how you normally handle things?

629
00:44:09,980 --> 00:44:11,065
I could say the same thing.

630
00:44:11,148 --> 00:44:12,650
It seems like

631
00:44:12,733 --> 00:44:15,319
you had your way with other companies,

632
00:44:15,402 --> 00:44:16,737
but I'm not like that.

633
00:44:16,820 --> 00:44:19,156
Just respect the editor's wishes.

634
00:44:20,366 --> 00:44:21,200
Damn it.

635
00:44:25,579 --> 00:44:26,455
Yes?

636
00:44:27,498 --> 00:44:29,667
I know, Mom. I won't be late.

637
00:44:30,042 --> 00:44:31,001
Sure.

638
00:44:34,755 --> 00:44:35,881
Do you have plans tonight?

639
00:44:36,548 --> 00:44:38,258
I thought we'd be having dinner.

640
00:44:38,467 --> 00:44:40,678
I can't today. I have other plans.

641
00:44:44,223 --> 00:44:45,474
I'm going on a blind date.

642
00:44:47,059 --> 00:44:47,893
Sorry?

643
00:44:48,852 --> 00:44:52,564
It's not a blind date per se.

644
00:44:52,648 --> 00:44:54,608
I'm just meeting the son

645
00:44:54,775 --> 00:44:56,110
of my mom's friend.

646
00:44:56,193 --> 00:44:57,903
What do you mean? Don't.

647
00:44:59,321 --> 00:45:00,489
Why not?

648
00:45:03,951 --> 00:45:05,244
Well...

649
00:45:05,828 --> 00:45:07,579
My father once said

650
00:45:08,831 --> 00:45:11,583
that I should be someone
who is like a book.

651
00:45:12,626 --> 00:45:14,169
I want

652
00:45:14,837 --> 00:45:16,088
to be a book for you.

653
00:45:19,383 --> 00:45:21,093
What kind of book?

654
00:45:21,176 --> 00:45:23,846
One about nagging and morals?

655
00:45:23,929 --> 00:45:25,097
No.

656
00:45:26,765 --> 00:45:27,975
A romance novel.

657
00:45:29,268 --> 00:45:30,936
Instead of going on that blind date,

658
00:45:31,270 --> 00:45:32,604
have dinner with me.

659
00:45:34,314 --> 00:45:35,315
What do you say?

660
00:45:47,995 --> 00:45:49,746
REAL ESTATE

661
00:45:51,540 --> 00:45:53,709
Five million, five million,
ten million won.

662
00:45:53,792 --> 00:45:55,085
Ten million won.

663
00:45:55,752 --> 00:45:57,546
Deposit of 10 million won,
rent of 500,000 won.

664
00:45:57,629 --> 00:45:59,173
{\an8}MONTHLY RENT 500,000

665
00:45:59,256 --> 00:46:00,507
This doesn't look bad.

666
00:46:01,216 --> 00:46:03,635
It's close to Eun-ho's place too.

667
00:46:09,266 --> 00:46:10,350
I've made

668
00:46:11,643 --> 00:46:12,769
a lot of memories here.

669
00:46:14,146 --> 00:46:15,189
No can do.

670
00:46:15,981 --> 00:46:18,317
I promised I'd only stay for six months.

671
00:46:19,026 --> 00:46:20,027
I need to move out.

672
00:46:20,527 --> 00:46:23,447
Deposit of ten million won,
rent of 500,000 won.

673
00:46:26,700 --> 00:46:27,826
Come in.

674
00:46:29,578 --> 00:46:30,537
What are you up to?

675
00:46:32,247 --> 00:46:33,332
I'm apartment hunting.

676
00:46:38,962 --> 00:46:40,172
Is there anywhere decent?

677
00:46:40,923 --> 00:46:44,551
-Yes, what do you think of this one?
-Should I go with you to check it out?

678
00:46:46,136 --> 00:46:47,179
Why not?

679
00:46:48,680 --> 00:46:49,681
Okay.

680
00:46:53,769 --> 00:46:54,770
All right.

681
00:46:56,897 --> 00:46:59,274
What do you think? Isn't it lovely?

682
00:46:59,358 --> 00:47:01,276
It's near a subway station

683
00:47:01,360 --> 00:47:03,779
and also has a park nearby.

684
00:47:04,655 --> 00:47:05,614
You're right.

685
00:47:05,697 --> 00:47:07,241
This is better than I expected.

686
00:47:07,324 --> 00:47:09,076
I won't need to look further.

687
00:47:09,159 --> 00:47:11,703
You're right. It's nice, bright,

688
00:47:12,246 --> 00:47:13,288
and at a fair price.

689
00:47:13,372 --> 00:47:14,706
Should I just sign the lease?

690
00:47:16,542 --> 00:47:17,668
It won't work though.

691
00:47:17,960 --> 00:47:20,170
It's perfect for a single tenant,
but there's two of us.

692
00:47:20,754 --> 00:47:23,382
We're going to live together
for the rest of our lives, you see.

693
00:47:24,174 --> 00:47:26,510
She likes the place, but I don't.

694
00:47:26,593 --> 00:47:27,928
Thanks for the tour.

695
00:47:30,180 --> 00:47:32,224
-What?
-Let's go, Dan-i.

696
00:47:34,685 --> 00:47:38,063
Come on. Don't do this.
I promised to leave after six months.

697
00:47:38,230 --> 00:47:39,815
I'm not stopping you,

698
00:47:40,274 --> 00:47:41,525
but you must take me too.

699
00:47:41,608 --> 00:47:43,110
I can't live alone in that big house.

700
00:47:43,485 --> 00:47:44,695
Is this why you tagged along?

701
00:47:45,779 --> 00:47:47,739
Look for a place big enough for two.

702
00:47:48,198 --> 00:47:49,491
I'll put you out this time.

703
00:47:49,866 --> 00:47:52,661
If that's the case,
why would I leave your place?

704
00:47:52,911 --> 00:47:55,163
Exactly. Why would you leave?

705
00:47:55,372 --> 00:47:57,124
I told you before

706
00:47:57,249 --> 00:47:58,709
that where I am is your home.

707
00:47:59,167 --> 00:48:00,586
It also means

708
00:48:00,919 --> 00:48:03,338
that where you are is my home too.

709
00:48:05,299 --> 00:48:07,801
Don't you agree?
Do you not like being with me?

710
00:48:08,343 --> 00:48:09,344
That's not it.

711
00:48:09,428 --> 00:48:12,431
Jae-hui will come back to Korea
once she graduates and...

712
00:48:12,514 --> 00:48:14,266
You can worry about that then.

713
00:48:14,600 --> 00:48:15,851
Why worry about it now?

714
00:48:20,355 --> 00:48:21,356
You were wrong, right?

715
00:48:23,108 --> 00:48:24,026
Here.

716
00:48:24,735 --> 00:48:25,736
You--

717
00:48:25,819 --> 00:48:26,778
Hurry.

718
00:48:37,247 --> 00:48:39,541
Let's have lunch. I'll cook.

719
00:48:39,791 --> 00:48:42,628
<i>Doenjang</i> stew or kimchi stew?

720
00:48:43,420 --> 00:48:44,588
Is that all you can make?

721
00:48:46,381 --> 00:48:48,550
Ms. Song, you're so lucky.

722
00:48:52,054 --> 00:48:53,263
Can I try it?

723
00:48:54,514 --> 00:48:55,766
Here.

724
00:48:56,475 --> 00:48:58,393
-Can I try too?
-Just a little bit?

725
00:48:58,685 --> 00:48:59,895
Just a little bit.

726
00:48:59,978 --> 00:49:01,021
Did you receive a gift?

727
00:49:01,104 --> 00:49:04,399
Ms. Baek wanted to thank me
for my hard work.

728
00:49:04,483 --> 00:49:06,109
Try it yourself.

729
00:49:06,902 --> 00:49:09,071
This was so thoughtful of Writer Baek.

730
00:49:10,405 --> 00:49:11,365
I like how moist it is.

731
00:49:11,448 --> 00:49:13,992
-Can I--
-It's really moist.

732
00:49:14,076 --> 00:49:16,161
So you must work harder, okay?

733
00:49:17,245 --> 00:49:18,080
Okay, I know that.

734
00:49:18,664 --> 00:49:21,166
You didn't have to point that out.

735
00:49:21,249 --> 00:49:22,334
{\an8}<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

736
00:49:22,918 --> 00:49:23,835
There's gold in it.

737
00:49:24,002 --> 00:49:25,212
Mr. Cha,

738
00:49:25,295 --> 00:49:28,423
have you thought about
when we can publish our book?

739
00:49:28,507 --> 00:49:29,800
I'm still thinking.

740
00:49:30,050 --> 00:49:31,385
Until when...

741
00:49:34,763 --> 00:49:36,932
You've reached the Editorial Team
of Gyeoroo Publishing.

742
00:49:38,600 --> 00:49:39,518
Is that so?

743
00:49:40,102 --> 00:49:41,061
Yes.

744
00:49:41,645 --> 00:49:42,729
Okay. Thank you.

745
00:49:43,146 --> 00:49:44,272
Mr. Cha,

746
00:49:44,356 --> 00:49:46,817
our first book <i>Inner Thoughts of Plants</i>...

747
00:49:47,484 --> 00:49:50,320
Listen! We're printing the fifth
impression for Writer Na's book of poems.

748
00:49:50,987 --> 00:49:52,989
Hey!

749
00:49:53,073 --> 00:49:55,659
What did I tell you? I said it'd sell.

750
00:49:55,742 --> 00:49:57,160
It's the fifth impression!

751
00:49:57,869 --> 00:49:59,204
Mr. Kim, it looks like you'll be

752
00:49:59,287 --> 00:50:00,872
-treating us to a big lunch today.
-Right.

753
00:50:00,956 --> 00:50:03,041
That news isn't exactly
lunch-worthy though.

754
00:50:03,125 --> 00:50:05,502
-What?
-I have another big one.

755
00:50:05,585 --> 00:50:08,338
<i>Cold Blood</i> edited by Song-i

756
00:50:08,422 --> 00:50:09,965
became a best-seller, right?

757
00:50:10,048 --> 00:50:12,050
We're printing the third impression.

758
00:50:13,343 --> 00:50:14,469
No way!

759
00:50:14,553 --> 00:50:16,012
My gosh, thank you!

760
00:50:16,096 --> 00:50:17,264
You should treat us now.

761
00:50:17,848 --> 00:50:20,642
We've received so many orders that
for the 3rd impression...

762
00:50:21,101 --> 00:50:22,602
we'll be printing 20,000 copies!

763
00:50:24,396 --> 00:50:25,397
My gosh!

764
00:50:25,480 --> 00:50:27,899
Okay, lunch is on me today.

765
00:50:27,983 --> 00:50:29,568
Let's go for some barbecue!

766
00:50:29,651 --> 00:50:32,362
-Let's go before he changes his mind.
-Let's go.

767
00:50:32,779 --> 00:50:33,613
-Come on!
-Hold on.

768
00:50:33,697 --> 00:50:35,198
-Mr. Cha.
-I want to go somewhere fancy.

769
00:50:36,241 --> 00:50:37,617
Please be patient, Dan-i.

770
00:50:37,701 --> 00:50:40,704
How longer must we wait
when the book is already complete?

771
00:50:42,456 --> 00:50:44,040
{\an8}<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

772
00:50:44,124 --> 00:50:45,584
Until the right time.

773
00:50:47,627 --> 00:50:48,795
But Mr. Cha...

774
00:50:50,964 --> 00:50:55,469
<i>INNER THOUGHTS OF PLANTS</i>

775
00:50:55,552 --> 00:50:56,928
Gosh, I'm ecstatic.

776
00:50:57,345 --> 00:50:59,639
The books we worked hard on
got good results.

777
00:50:59,723 --> 00:51:00,932
It's gratifying

778
00:51:01,016 --> 00:51:02,726
knowing that
we connected with the readers.

779
00:51:02,809 --> 00:51:05,437
My best accomplishment in life

780
00:51:05,520 --> 00:51:07,397
is founding Gyeoroo Publishing.

781
00:51:07,481 --> 00:51:10,609
And I was lucky that
I met the founding members.

782
00:51:10,692 --> 00:51:12,611
Have you been reading Writer Na's poems?

783
00:51:12,694 --> 00:51:14,279
You seem sentimental these days.

784
00:51:14,362 --> 00:51:16,865
If our books sell well,

785
00:51:16,948 --> 00:51:19,201
Mr. Kim becomes a big softy.

786
00:51:19,284 --> 00:51:21,536
But he becomes a beast when sales go down.

787
00:51:23,789 --> 00:51:26,750
So why publish a book that won't sell?

788
00:51:31,463 --> 00:51:34,674
Was he referring to our book just now?

789
00:51:34,758 --> 00:51:36,134
The one that won't sell?

790
00:51:37,511 --> 00:51:39,346
I don't think it'll be published.

791
00:51:39,971 --> 00:51:41,014
I don't think so either.

792
00:51:42,098 --> 00:51:43,809
It's a really good book though.

793
00:51:44,726 --> 00:51:46,186
I can't believe them.

794
00:51:46,269 --> 00:51:48,897
Let's raise our glasses
as we're all gathered together.

795
00:51:48,980 --> 00:51:50,649
-All right.
-Of course!

796
00:51:52,776 --> 00:51:55,237
Thank you all.

797
00:51:55,821 --> 00:51:58,406
Thank you for making books

798
00:51:58,490 --> 00:52:00,575
that'll go from shelves
to the checkout counter

799
00:52:00,659 --> 00:52:02,118
like <i>The Perfect Murderer</i>.

800
00:52:02,994 --> 00:52:04,788
-Thank you.
-Thank you!

801
00:52:05,831 --> 00:52:09,626
However, that's not the only kind of book
we publish at Gyeoroo.

802
00:52:10,210 --> 00:52:13,505
<i>Inner Thoughts of Plants</i>
will soon be published too!

803
00:52:14,047 --> 00:52:15,090
-What?
-Really?

804
00:52:16,007 --> 00:52:16,842
No way!

805
00:52:17,759 --> 00:52:19,219
I earn money by selling other books

806
00:52:19,302 --> 00:52:21,972
so that I can publish books like that one.

807
00:52:22,055 --> 00:52:23,765
Isn't that right, Mr. Cha?

808
00:52:24,516 --> 00:52:25,809
Even though they don't sell well,

809
00:52:25,892 --> 00:52:28,228
some books are worth
sharing with the world.

810
00:52:28,687 --> 00:52:30,730
Even if many readers don't read them,

811
00:52:30,814 --> 00:52:32,732
they'll be a treasure for those who do.

812
00:52:33,650 --> 00:52:34,818
In order to publish those,

813
00:52:34,901 --> 00:52:37,654
we need to make money by
selling other books first.

814
00:52:37,737 --> 00:52:39,364
That is Mr. Kim's philosophy.

815
00:52:39,906 --> 00:52:41,700
I highly respect you, sir.

816
00:52:41,783 --> 00:52:42,993
-Right.
-Of course.

817
00:52:43,118 --> 00:52:46,454
Even if only ten copies are sold,
some books must be published.

818
00:52:46,538 --> 00:52:47,706
It's a great book.

819
00:52:48,290 --> 00:52:50,625
It digs deep into a specific field

820
00:52:50,709 --> 00:52:52,168
and gives an insight into our lives.

821
00:52:52,335 --> 00:52:54,421
It's a good choice
to begin the new project with.

822
00:52:54,504 --> 00:52:57,215
Best sellers sell well
only for a short period of time,

823
00:52:57,299 --> 00:52:58,550
but <i>Inner Thoughts of Plants</i>

824
00:52:58,633 --> 00:52:59,843
will be a steady seller,

825
00:52:59,926 --> 00:53:01,386
and it will be loved for decades.

826
00:53:02,429 --> 00:53:04,598
Congratulations, Ji-yul. And...

827
00:53:05,181 --> 00:53:06,266
You too, Dan-i.

828
00:53:06,349 --> 00:53:07,976
-Congratulations!
-Congratulations!

829
00:53:08,685 --> 00:53:11,479
<i>Congratulations</i>

830
00:53:11,980 --> 00:53:14,900
<i>Congratulations on
Your book being published</i>

831
00:53:14,983 --> 00:53:17,235
-Thank you.
-There's one more announcement to make.

832
00:53:17,736 --> 00:53:19,529
Ms. Go, go ahead.

833
00:53:20,113 --> 00:53:21,197
Oh, right.

834
00:53:21,281 --> 00:53:22,657
When will we say cheers?

835
00:53:25,035 --> 00:53:25,869
From now on,

836
00:53:26,870 --> 00:53:28,914
Gyeoroo Publishing

837
00:53:29,414 --> 00:53:33,585
will implement a blind recruitment system.

838
00:53:35,670 --> 00:53:39,466
Educational background, age,
and work experience won't be a factor.

839
00:53:39,674 --> 00:53:41,843
We will hire employees
based on their talents.

840
00:53:43,386 --> 00:53:44,554
It's the right way to go.

841
00:53:44,638 --> 00:53:46,473
Now, let's raise our glasses.

842
00:53:46,973 --> 00:53:48,475
-Gyeoroo.
-Never slow down.

843
00:53:48,892 --> 00:53:51,353
-And keep going.
-Keep going!

844
00:53:53,104 --> 00:53:54,648
-Congratulations.
-Thank you.

845
00:53:55,231 --> 00:53:56,441
Thank you.

846
00:53:58,610 --> 00:54:01,863
You all seem very happy. What do you do?

847
00:54:01,988 --> 00:54:02,948
Us?

848
00:54:03,448 --> 00:54:06,451
-We make books!
-We make books!

849
00:54:14,084 --> 00:54:15,543
Spring is coming.

850
00:54:15,835 --> 00:54:17,212
The weather's amazing.

851
00:54:17,295 --> 00:54:18,213
What is this?

852
00:54:19,923 --> 00:54:21,007
So...

853
00:54:21,758 --> 00:54:23,051
What's going on?

854
00:54:23,802 --> 00:54:25,261
Look at them. They're holding hands.

855
00:54:25,345 --> 00:54:26,554
-What?
-What is this?

856
00:54:29,766 --> 00:54:30,850
Are you two dating?

857
00:54:33,019 --> 00:54:34,521
The younger guy she kissed...

858
00:54:36,314 --> 00:54:37,565
Was it Mr. Cha?

859
00:54:37,649 --> 00:54:39,442
-No way!
-Eun-ho!

860
00:54:39,776 --> 00:54:42,862
Dan-i, you lucky girl!

861
00:54:42,946 --> 00:54:45,532
-She's so lucky.
-I couldn't be more jealous!

862
00:54:45,615 --> 00:54:46,491
Congratulations!

863
00:54:47,200 --> 00:54:50,620
-Good for you, Dan-i!
-They are Gyeoroo's first official couple.

864
00:54:50,704 --> 00:54:51,871
-No, no!
-I'm so jealous!

865
00:54:51,955 --> 00:54:53,415
-What's going on?
-What's that?

866
00:54:53,498 --> 00:54:54,874
-No way.
-Look at those two.

867
00:54:54,958 --> 00:54:56,167
Don't do that.

868
00:54:56,251 --> 00:54:58,003
-What?
-Mr. Kim!

869
00:54:58,086 --> 00:54:59,170
-What's going on?
-What?

870
00:54:59,254 --> 00:55:00,547
-Are they really dating?
-Hey!

871
00:55:01,131 --> 00:55:02,841
-They're dating!
-What's going on?

872
00:55:02,966 --> 00:55:04,759
-Look!
-Mr. Kim!

873
00:55:05,010 --> 00:55:06,386
-They're really dating!
-Gosh.

874
00:55:06,720 --> 00:55:08,138
-Let go of me.
-Come on.

875
00:55:08,805 --> 00:55:10,265
-Mr. Kim!
-No one knew about it!

876
00:55:10,348 --> 00:55:11,641
No!

877
00:55:28,825 --> 00:55:29,993
What will we do?

878
00:55:30,076 --> 00:55:31,995
They all found out.

879
00:55:32,871 --> 00:55:34,914
I don't care
if they find out about us or not.

880
00:55:34,998 --> 00:55:37,125
I want the whole world to know

881
00:55:37,208 --> 00:55:39,127
that I love you, Dan-i.

882
00:56:26,049 --> 00:56:28,134
<i>I opened up an old book of mine again.</i>

883
00:56:29,010 --> 00:56:30,929
<i>It was good when I first read the book.</i>

884
00:56:31,054 --> 00:56:33,848
<i>But when I read it
for the second and third time,</i>

885
00:56:34,516 --> 00:56:37,018
<i>this book made me underline the
sentences over and over again.</i>

886
00:56:38,394 --> 00:56:41,731
<i>I find new sentences
in this book every day.</i>

887
00:56:43,775 --> 00:56:46,194
<i>It's a book that
stayed with me the longest.</i>

888
00:56:53,910 --> 00:56:54,994
{\an8}What's your hobby?

889
00:56:55,161 --> 00:56:56,746
{\an8}My hobby is reading books.

890
00:56:56,830 --> 00:56:57,747
{\an8}Reading.

891
00:56:58,623 --> 00:57:00,667
{\an8}That's why you work at a publishing house.

892
00:57:00,750 --> 00:57:03,461
{\an8}Yes, I always want to be with books.

893
00:57:03,545 --> 00:57:05,463
{\an8}That's how I ended up working there.

894
00:57:05,547 --> 00:57:07,090
{\an8}You really like... Gosh, he startled me.

895
00:57:07,173 --> 00:57:09,175
{\an8}EPILOGUE

896
00:57:09,259 --> 00:57:10,260
{\an8}Do you know him?

897
00:57:11,052 --> 00:57:12,011
{\an8}He's my uncle.

898
00:57:12,095 --> 00:57:14,013
{\an8}-He's your uncle?
-Yes.

899
00:57:14,097 --> 00:57:15,348
{\an8}How did your uncle come here?

900
00:57:16,641 --> 00:57:18,226
{\an8}What are you doing here, Ji-yul?

901
00:57:19,310 --> 00:57:20,520
{\an8}Hello.

902
00:57:20,603 --> 00:57:21,604
{\an8}I'm sorry.

903
00:57:22,147 --> 00:57:23,189
{\an8}She's mine.

904
00:57:23,273 --> 00:57:24,899
{\an8}Pardon? Ji-yul.

905
00:57:25,358 --> 00:57:27,402
{\an8}Hey, I'm on a blind date right now!

906
00:57:28,236 --> 00:57:30,488
{\an8}I've got a wedding gift for you!

907
00:57:35,326 --> 00:57:36,619
{\an8}You!

908
00:57:43,501 --> 00:57:44,586
{\an8}What was that?

909
00:57:47,088 --> 00:57:48,548
{\an8}Are we dating starting today?

910
00:57:54,220 --> 00:57:55,054
{\an8}Let's go.

911
00:58:02,437 --> 00:58:03,354
{\an8}It's good.

912
00:58:04,022 --> 00:58:05,648
{\an8}I made this<i> jangjorim </i>myself.

913
00:58:10,778 --> 00:58:12,614
{\an8}-Is it salty?
-It's good.

914
00:58:15,116 --> 00:58:16,826
{\an8}Gosh, you are so tiny.

915
00:58:17,035 --> 00:58:18,495
{\an8}-Gosh.
-Don't touch him.

916
00:58:18,912 --> 00:58:20,705
{\an8}Why can't I touch him? I'm his dad.

917
00:58:22,040 --> 00:58:24,209
{\an8}Isn't your dad's company really good?

918
00:58:24,792 --> 00:58:26,002
{\an8}-What do you think?
-Not really.

919
00:58:26,085 --> 00:58:27,670
{\an8}-Not really?
-You don't like it?

920
00:58:28,171 --> 00:58:31,132
{\an8}They all respect me,
and I'm the oldest here.

921
00:58:32,383 --> 00:58:33,635
{\an8}What will you do on the weekend?

922
00:58:34,219 --> 00:58:35,345
{\an8}-What will you do?
-With Dad?

923
00:58:35,803 --> 00:58:37,180
{\an8}-I'm going to play with him.
-Okay.

924
00:58:37,263 --> 00:58:38,515
{\an8}-How?
-What should we do?

925
00:58:38,598 --> 00:58:39,682
{\an8}-Will you play games?
-Games.

926
00:58:40,808 --> 00:58:41,976
{\an8}-Games.
-Don't play games.

927
00:58:42,685 --> 00:58:43,937
{\an8}-See you next week.
-Okay.

928
00:58:44,437 --> 00:58:45,647
{\an8}-Don't play games.
-Okay.

929
00:58:45,730 --> 00:58:47,565
{\an8}Don't let him play games.

930
00:58:57,575 --> 00:58:59,452
{\an8}Shall we go get something to eat?

931
00:58:59,536 --> 00:59:00,453
{\an8}-Hey.
-Shall we?

932
00:59:00,537 --> 00:59:01,996
{\an8}-I'm in!
-I'm in!

933
00:59:02,872 --> 00:59:03,831
We're going out to eat.

934
00:59:03,915 --> 00:59:05,500
I can't wait!

935
00:59:32,986 --> 00:59:36,197
{\an8}WE ARE LIKE BOOKS. WE WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO
FIND US AND OPEN US TO SEE WHAT'S INSIDE.

936
00:59:37,448 --> 00:59:38,866
{\an8}I LEARN ABOUT PEOPLE AT THIS COMPANY

937
00:59:38,950 --> 00:59:40,577
{\an8}IN THE END, NO ONE CAN LIVE
WITHOUT PEOPLE

938
00:59:41,828 --> 00:59:44,330
{\an8}WHEN THE WORLD CHANGES DRASTICALLY,
PEOPLE'S DILIGENCE KEEPS IT UP

939
00:59:44,539 --> 00:59:46,666
{\an8}WE ARE TREES THAT BRANCH OUT
IN SOLITUDE AND BEAR FRUITS

940
00:59:46,749 --> 00:59:48,751
{\an8}WE ARE BEAUTIFUL TREES
WITH GROWTH RINGS OF OUR LIVES

941
00:59:49,168 --> 00:59:52,255
{\an8}PRIDE IN CREATING, TRUST, AND HAPPINESS...
THOSE ARE WHAT IT MEANS TO MAKE A BOOK

942
00:59:52,630 --> 00:59:54,173
{\an8}ONLY AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK

943
00:59:54,257 --> 00:59:56,009
{\an8}I CAN SEE WHAT I MISSED
AND LIFE GOES THE SAME

944
00:59:56,509 --> 00:59:58,177
{\an8}EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN TUNNEL TO PASS

945
00:59:58,261 --> 01:00:00,138
{\an8}A HAND FROM OTHERS
HELPS US FORGET OUR FEAR

946
01:00:00,471 --> 01:00:04,058
{\an8}A BOOK THAT INSPIRES OTHERS MAY NOT ALWAYS
INSPIRE YOU, SO FIND A BOOK THAT DOES

947
01:00:04,434 --> 01:00:08,229
{\an8}WHEN WE EXCHANGE LINES FROM OUR HEART
WE CRY, SMILE, AND LEARN TO LOVE OTHERS

948
01:00:08,438 --> 01:00:10,148
{\an8}IN LIFE, WE FACE MANY HURDLES

949
01:00:10,231 --> 01:00:12,066
{\an8}WE USE EACH OTHER'S LOVE
TO JUMP OVER THEM

950
01:00:12,525 --> 01:00:16,279
{\an8}LOVING SOMEONE IS STRANGE AND AMAZING
AT THE SAME TIME

951
01:00:16,904 --> 01:00:18,906
{\an8}"YOUR HAND IS ALWAYS WARM"

952
01:00:18,990 --> 01:00:20,742
{\an8}"BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO BE WARM"

953
01:00:22,076 --> 01:00:23,828
{\an8}DEAR VIEWERS WHO WATCHED OUR DRAMA

954
01:00:23,911 --> 01:00:29,375
{\an8}"THE MOON IS BEAUTIFUL"

955
01:00:31,961 --> 01:00:33,963
{\an8}Subtitle translation by Won-hyang Son