"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep2 (English)

1
00:00:18,685 --> 00:00:19,728
WE

2
00:00:20,229 --> 00:00:22,272
MET

3
00:00:32,866 --> 00:00:33,951
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,034 --> 00:00:37,412
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,580 --> 00:00:42,125
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:44,920 --> 00:00:47,256
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,339 --> 00:00:49,758
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,759 --> 00:00:53,845
LOVE, TIME
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,097 --> 00:00:58,934
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:09,194 --> 00:01:10,821
APPLYING FOR TASK SUPPORT TEAM

11
00:01:14,783 --> 00:01:16,493
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
JINHWA HIGH SCHOOL

12
00:01:18,620 --> 00:01:20,497
APPLYING FOR TASK SUPPORT TEAM

13
00:01:20,581 --> 00:01:23,125
NEW RECRUITMENT 2019

14
00:01:38,682 --> 00:01:39,808
Please sit down.

15
00:01:39,891 --> 00:01:45,480
VOLUME 2

16
00:01:49,735 --> 00:01:51,236
Ms. Kang Dan-i.

17
00:01:51,987 --> 00:01:54,990
You have no experience in this field,
but you've read many classics.

18
00:01:56,158 --> 00:01:57,200
I suppose you like to read.

19
00:01:57,284 --> 00:02:00,495
Yes, "Bookworm" has been my nickname
since I was little.

20
00:02:01,288 --> 00:02:03,624
<i>You were a bookworm,
but you were also such a troublemaker.</i>

21
00:02:03,874 --> 00:02:06,001
Do you know what our company name means?

22
00:02:07,961 --> 00:02:08,795
Gyeoroo.

23
00:02:08,879 --> 00:02:11,340
From what I know, it's a pure Korean word
for "victorious life."

24
00:02:11,423 --> 00:02:13,508
<i>I told you that.</i>

25
00:02:14,092 --> 00:02:17,054
Then has there been a moment
when you thought that

26
00:02:17,137 --> 00:02:19,848
you should live a victorious life?

27
00:02:21,808 --> 00:02:24,311
I thought that yesterday,
and the thought is still with me today.

28
00:02:24,895 --> 00:02:26,563
I'll continue to feel the same way
tomorrow.

29
00:02:27,564 --> 00:02:30,233
Then tell us something special
about yourself.

30
00:02:32,069 --> 00:02:34,821
I'm not special.

31
00:02:35,322 --> 00:02:37,824
I'm old enough to know
that I can't do everything myself

32
00:02:38,200 --> 00:02:40,661
and that I have shortcomings.

33
00:02:41,620 --> 00:02:44,498
And for that reason, no matter
what kinds of tasks are assigned to me,

34
00:02:49,294 --> 00:02:53,465
I will do my very best
with a grateful heart.

35
00:02:58,512 --> 00:02:59,346
<i>Something</i>

36
00:03:00,055 --> 00:03:03,141
<i>that I don't know about
must be happening to Dan-i.</i>

37
00:03:04,351 --> 00:03:05,435
<i>No.</i>

38
00:03:05,977 --> 00:03:07,229
<i>It must've already happened.</i>

39
00:03:27,874 --> 00:03:28,959
Hey, where are you going?

40
00:03:29,042 --> 00:03:30,752
I'm sorry. Something came up.

41
00:03:30,836 --> 00:03:32,003
What?

42
00:03:32,504 --> 00:03:33,922
I'll have Mr. Bong fill in for me.

43
00:03:34,506 --> 00:03:36,925
Call Mr. Bong for me.
There's something I need to take care of.

44
00:03:37,008 --> 00:03:38,260
Now? Mr. Cha--

45
00:03:49,813 --> 00:03:50,731
Let's talk.

46
00:03:54,276 --> 00:03:55,110
Follow me.

47
00:04:00,907 --> 00:04:02,492
Can't you see that I'm angry?

48
00:04:24,389 --> 00:04:27,142
No postsecondary degree?
Why do you only have a high school degree?

49
00:04:27,225 --> 00:04:29,102
Why are you doing this?
Is your life boring?

50
00:04:29,770 --> 00:04:30,729
Don't say anything.

51
00:04:30,812 --> 00:04:33,190
Whatever you say, I'm not even
going to try to understand you.

52
00:04:43,825 --> 00:04:46,411
<i>The number you have dialed
is not in service.</i>

53
00:04:46,870 --> 00:04:48,955
<i>Please check the number and try again.</i>

54
00:04:50,373 --> 00:04:51,249
What's his new number?

55
00:04:51,333 --> 00:04:52,709
Let's just keep this between us.

56
00:04:52,834 --> 00:04:54,252
It has nothing to do with him.

57
00:04:54,336 --> 00:04:55,670
Dong-min is your legal guardian...

58
00:04:56,213 --> 00:04:58,715
"Guardian"?
What the hell are you talking about?

59
00:04:58,840 --> 00:05:00,550
I'm 37, for God's sake.

60
00:05:01,301 --> 00:05:02,177
This is about my life.

61
00:05:02,260 --> 00:05:03,345
Sure, suit yourself.

62
00:05:03,428 --> 00:05:04,679
Where are we going now?

63
00:05:04,763 --> 00:05:05,722
Why do you care?

64
00:05:18,610 --> 00:05:20,862
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION

65
00:05:28,787 --> 00:05:31,081
What's this?
I heard his business was about to fail.

66
00:05:31,164 --> 00:05:34,000
It's actually doing well, right?
That'd better be his new building.

67
00:05:37,128 --> 00:05:38,755
Or what? Did you lose your house?

68
00:05:48,139 --> 00:05:49,182
Tell me.

69
00:05:49,266 --> 00:05:51,393
What happened?

70
00:05:51,977 --> 00:05:54,688
Did Dong-min really cheat on you?
And did you actually lose the house?

71
00:05:59,359 --> 00:06:00,860
You're in such a mess.

72
00:06:02,487 --> 00:06:03,989
I can't believe I had no idea.

73
00:06:08,868 --> 00:06:09,703
Eun-ho.

74
00:06:11,121 --> 00:06:13,790
-Where's that bastard, Dong-min?
-Watch your mouth.

75
00:06:14,124 --> 00:06:15,125
He's still Jae-hui's dad.

76
00:06:15,959 --> 00:06:17,544
And I did love him.

77
00:06:18,962 --> 00:06:21,548
<i>Again, she said "love."</i>

78
00:06:25,510 --> 00:06:26,595
Babe!

79
00:06:27,387 --> 00:06:28,221
<i>"Babe"?</i>

80
00:06:28,888 --> 00:06:31,141
<i>TTEOKBOKKI</i>, <i>SUNDAE</i>, FRITTERS, <i>GIMBAP</i>

81
00:06:34,311 --> 00:06:35,353
Hi.

82
00:06:35,854 --> 00:06:38,565
This is a friend of mine
who's like a brother to me.

83
00:06:39,274 --> 00:06:40,233
And this is

84
00:06:40,817 --> 00:06:43,236
the man I love.

85
00:06:44,863 --> 00:06:46,781
It's nice to meet you. You must be Eun-ho.

86
00:06:47,949 --> 00:06:50,660
-You're good-looking.
-<i>The way he spoke was rude from the start.</i>

87
00:06:52,078 --> 00:06:53,580
Yes, hello.

88
00:06:53,663 --> 00:06:54,873
Eun-ho.

89
00:06:57,042 --> 00:06:59,961
I'll make sure you get accepted.
I'm a college admission expert,

90
00:07:00,045 --> 00:07:01,671
and now that you've met me,

91
00:07:01,838 --> 00:07:02,964
you can call yourself lucky.

92
00:07:03,048 --> 00:07:05,133
<i>At a glance,
I could tell that he was shallow.</i>

93
00:07:05,842 --> 00:07:07,886
<i>He was such a poser, a big mouth,
and a sissy.</i>

94
00:07:08,470 --> 00:07:10,388
<i>Would I have approved of him
if that had been all?</i>

95
00:07:12,390 --> 00:07:14,434
You eat the lung. You like it.

96
00:07:15,143 --> 00:07:16,770
My gosh, I can't believe this.

97
00:07:16,853 --> 00:07:18,563
How could you? I'm pissed!

98
00:07:18,647 --> 00:07:21,274
Dan-i. Your cutie-pie, Dong-min,

99
00:07:21,358 --> 00:07:23,026
loves eating lungs too!

100
00:07:23,109 --> 00:07:24,194
<i>Most importantly,</i>

101
00:07:24,694 --> 00:07:26,488
-<i>he was not considerate of her.</i>
-Is it good?

102
00:07:26,696 --> 00:07:28,615
<i>There are so many guys in this world.</i>

103
00:07:29,240 --> 00:07:31,826
<i>How could she love a douchebag like him?</i>

104
00:07:31,910 --> 00:07:32,786
It's so good.

105
00:07:35,288 --> 00:07:36,414
You can be my tutor.

106
00:07:36,498 --> 00:07:38,416
Please contact me directly,
not through Dan-i.

107
00:07:38,500 --> 00:07:39,876
-Okay.
-Are you leaving?

108
00:07:40,377 --> 00:07:41,586
You should eat more.

109
00:07:45,131 --> 00:07:47,133
My rate. I forgot to tell him about
my tutoring rate.

110
00:07:47,217 --> 00:07:48,343
I'll tell him later.

111
00:07:48,426 --> 00:07:49,678
You'll tell him for me?

112
00:07:51,680 --> 00:07:53,264
<i>If that was what love was,</i>

113
00:07:53,598 --> 00:07:54,766
<i>I didn't want to fall in love.</i>

114
00:07:56,017 --> 00:07:57,310
<i>I didn't want to be an idiot</i>

115
00:07:57,394 --> 00:08:00,063
<i>who can't see what the other person needs,
blinded by my emotions.</i>

116
00:08:03,108 --> 00:08:06,861
<i>I wanted to be there
for the person I love until the end.</i>

117
00:08:07,445 --> 00:08:08,989
He's not here now.

118
00:08:09,990 --> 00:08:11,241
He went abroad with a woman,

119
00:08:12,117 --> 00:08:13,410
and he won't come back.

120
00:08:14,661 --> 00:08:17,038
I have to earn a living, Eun-ho.

121
00:08:17,122 --> 00:08:20,125
There must be another way.
Do you want to waste your degree?

122
00:08:20,834 --> 00:08:23,253
You went to a reputable university.
Find something better--

123
00:08:23,336 --> 00:08:25,964
In the past year, I applied
to every experienced position available,

124
00:08:26,047 --> 00:08:28,216
and I had more than
50 in-person interviews.

125
00:08:28,299 --> 00:08:30,468
Even if a company is
hiring 10 people, they'll never hire

126
00:08:30,552 --> 00:08:32,262
women who are returning
after a career break.

127
00:08:33,304 --> 00:08:35,807
They say the world has changed
while I was lazing around at home.

128
00:08:35,890 --> 00:08:36,891
"Lazing around"?

129
00:08:36,975 --> 00:08:38,059
Me?

130
00:08:38,143 --> 00:08:39,561
I never got to laze around.

131
00:08:39,644 --> 00:08:40,979
Do you know what housewives do?

132
00:08:41,062 --> 00:08:42,522
They make breakfast,

133
00:08:42,605 --> 00:08:44,607
and then lunchtime comes.
So they make lunch,

134
00:08:44,691 --> 00:08:45,859
and then it's time for dinner.

135
00:08:45,942 --> 00:08:47,527
They fix dinner and wash the dishes,

136
00:08:47,610 --> 00:08:48,862
and it's morning again.

137
00:08:48,945 --> 00:08:51,072
It never ends.
That's what housework is like.

138
00:08:51,197 --> 00:08:53,742
You fill up your fridge
only to do it again the next day.

139
00:08:53,825 --> 00:08:55,994
You clean your toilet
and do it again the next day.

140
00:08:56,411 --> 00:08:59,122
The interviewers said
it doesn't count as experience.

141
00:08:59,205 --> 00:09:00,123
Why not?

142
00:09:00,206 --> 00:09:02,208
It taught me to be patient,
devoted, and considerate.

143
00:09:02,292 --> 00:09:04,377
I also learned how desperate I am
to rebuild my career.

144
00:09:04,461 --> 00:09:05,295
Why doesn't it count?

145
00:09:06,880 --> 00:09:08,256
For the Task Support Team,

146
00:09:08,339 --> 00:09:10,717
there is no age limit.
Just say I only have a high school--

147
00:09:10,800 --> 00:09:12,802
You'll have to send out packages
and run errands

148
00:09:12,886 --> 00:09:15,346
for your colleagues.
It's a low-paying contract position.

149
00:09:15,430 --> 00:09:17,974
Dan-i, that job is for kids
who are fresh out of high school--

150
00:09:18,058 --> 00:09:20,351
Then what? Should I keep living like this?

151
00:09:21,770 --> 00:09:24,647
Let's say I'll die at the age of 80.
That means I'm only halfway through.

152
00:09:28,359 --> 00:09:29,736
Do I have to keep living like this?

153
00:09:38,828 --> 00:09:39,829
I'm sorry.

154
00:09:41,289 --> 00:09:42,916
I had no idea what you were going through.

155
00:09:43,416 --> 00:09:46,252
I know you loaned Dong-min some money
without telling me.

156
00:09:47,587 --> 00:09:50,757
I also know that he hasn't paid you back.

157
00:09:53,259 --> 00:09:55,345
You've already done more than enough.

158
00:10:01,226 --> 00:10:02,435
You should answer it.

159
00:10:06,731 --> 00:10:07,565
Hello?

160
00:10:07,649 --> 00:10:09,275
<i>Hello, Mr. Cha Eun-ho.</i>

161
00:10:09,692 --> 00:10:11,653
<i>This is Reporter Jo Yeong-ju from</i> Cine 22.

162
00:10:11,736 --> 00:10:13,530
<i>I was just wondering where you were.</i>

163
00:10:13,696 --> 00:10:15,573
<i>We've just arrived here.</i>

164
00:10:16,741 --> 00:10:18,034
Right, the interview is today.

165
00:10:21,496 --> 00:10:22,789
My shift is starting soon.

166
00:10:22,872 --> 00:10:23,957
I'm off.

167
00:10:28,419 --> 00:10:30,713
Yes, my apologies.
I've been all over the place.

168
00:10:30,922 --> 00:10:32,132
Where was it again?

169
00:10:33,550 --> 00:10:34,801
Okay.

170
00:10:56,364 --> 00:10:57,949
<i>It's all I have.</i>

171
00:10:58,741 --> 00:11:01,578
Cut where the green part ends,

172
00:11:01,661 --> 00:11:03,997
and you won't have
to buy spring onions for a while.

173
00:11:06,583 --> 00:11:09,294
"Cut where the green part ends."

174
00:11:10,295 --> 00:11:11,838
Should I cut it right here?

175
00:11:16,384 --> 00:11:18,887
Mr. Spring Onion,
it'll hurt for a few seconds.

176
00:11:19,762 --> 00:11:20,805
Here I go.

177
00:11:28,688 --> 00:11:30,148
Gosh, that breaks my heart.

178
00:11:30,231 --> 00:11:31,983
I always buy dead ones.

179
00:11:32,567 --> 00:11:34,444
Cutting a live plant is...

180
00:11:35,111 --> 00:11:36,738
Gosh, that was nerve-racking.

181
00:11:44,287 --> 00:11:46,581
One, two. Okay! Looking fabulous.

182
00:11:46,664 --> 00:11:47,707
You're such a great model.

183
00:11:47,790 --> 00:11:50,793
My, you could've become an actor.
Nice. Wow, look at that!

184
00:11:57,008 --> 00:11:58,092
<i>Where are you staying?</i>

185
00:11:58,801 --> 00:12:00,720
<i>Don't tell me you didn't get any alimony.</i>

186
00:12:07,143 --> 00:12:08,686
Okay, good.

187
00:12:08,770 --> 00:12:10,104
Nice. Now, please hold the book.

188
00:12:10,188 --> 00:12:12,774
Okay, let's get a shot with the book.

189
00:12:12,857 --> 00:12:14,776
Okay, relax and smile.

190
00:12:15,401 --> 00:12:16,569
<i>Send me the address.</i>

191
00:12:16,778 --> 00:12:18,029
<i>I'll stop by in the evening.</i>

192
00:12:18,738 --> 00:12:21,240
<i>I have to see how you're actually living.</i>

193
00:12:30,166 --> 00:12:31,292
Shall we get started?

194
00:12:32,168 --> 00:12:34,629
-Sure.
-Your new sci-fi book,

195
00:12:34,712 --> 00:12:37,006
<i>Little People</i>, has been getting
great responses as well.

196
00:12:37,090 --> 00:12:39,759
You made your debut back in high school
through the web fiction series

197
00:12:39,842 --> 00:12:41,886
called <i>The Bloody Contract</i>, right?

198
00:12:41,970 --> 00:12:44,514
I'm doing this interview
because you promised not to bring it up.

199
00:12:46,307 --> 00:12:47,266
Right, then...

200
00:12:48,184 --> 00:12:49,644
From what I know,

201
00:12:49,727 --> 00:12:51,854
your writing style changed

202
00:12:51,938 --> 00:12:54,065
after you met the President of Gyeoroo,
Mr. Kim Jae-min.

203
00:12:54,357 --> 00:12:56,526
How did the two of you first meet?

204
00:12:58,987 --> 00:13:01,364
10 YEARS AGO

205
00:13:01,447 --> 00:13:04,450
Eun-ho! Earlier, a man
who looks like Chow Yun Fat asked me,

206
00:13:04,784 --> 00:13:07,078
"Where's the author, Cha Eun-ho?"

207
00:13:07,745 --> 00:13:09,205
He was looking for you.

208
00:13:14,627 --> 00:13:15,795
WHOOSHING

209
00:13:15,878 --> 00:13:21,592
RUMBLING

210
00:13:21,676 --> 00:13:22,552
SNAP

211
00:13:26,889 --> 00:13:28,766
<i>The Bloody Contract.</i>

212
00:13:29,851 --> 00:13:31,853
You're the author, Cha Eun-ho, right?

213
00:13:32,895 --> 00:13:33,980
No, I'm not.

214
00:13:34,063 --> 00:13:35,189
NODDING

215
00:13:35,273 --> 00:13:38,776
Oh, no. I caught you.

216
00:13:38,860 --> 00:13:41,154
A handsome writer like you

217
00:13:41,237 --> 00:13:43,614
-is rare.
-I told you I'm not that guy.

218
00:13:45,992 --> 00:13:47,076
FOLLOWING

219
00:13:50,038 --> 00:13:51,330
FOLLOWING FURTIVELY

220
00:13:53,750 --> 00:13:55,168
-Mr. Cha.
-Holy...

221
00:13:58,421 --> 00:14:00,339
GRINNING

222
00:14:07,263 --> 00:14:08,181
DISROBING

223
00:14:08,264 --> 00:14:09,682
SHAKING HIS HEAD AND SIGHING

224
00:14:11,017 --> 00:14:14,729
I promise you that
you'll never have to worry about money.

225
00:14:14,896 --> 00:14:16,606
Get out of the way. Damn it...

226
00:14:20,693 --> 00:14:21,736
Then,

227
00:14:21,819 --> 00:14:25,365
how about you join my publishing company
as the youngest editor

228
00:14:25,448 --> 00:14:27,575
in the company's history?

229
00:14:28,701 --> 00:14:29,577
Editor?

230
00:14:31,579 --> 00:14:32,663
If you'd like,

231
00:14:33,414 --> 00:14:36,542
I can offer you a lifetime contract.

232
00:14:40,296 --> 00:14:41,589
GYEOROO

233
00:14:43,633 --> 00:14:44,592
BAFFLED

234
00:14:46,719 --> 00:14:49,347
Oh, my! Look who's here.

235
00:14:50,765 --> 00:14:52,642
I'm glad you came, Mr. Editor.

236
00:14:53,643 --> 00:14:54,852
Gosh.

237
00:14:56,604 --> 00:14:57,814
LET'S SMILE

238
00:14:59,315 --> 00:15:02,193
-You didn't say it was a one-person--
-Let's work hard together, Mr. Cha.

239
00:15:02,276 --> 00:15:05,113
You're now one of the founding members
of the publishing firm, Gyeoroo.

240
00:15:05,696 --> 00:15:07,281
Please accept my sincere congratulations.

241
00:15:07,365 --> 00:15:08,699
Gyeoroo.

242
00:15:08,783 --> 00:15:10,701
Never slow down and keep going!

243
00:15:10,785 --> 00:15:13,955
So that's when your writing style changed.

244
00:15:14,038 --> 00:15:17,458
Critics say that was when you started
to write genre fiction

245
00:15:17,542 --> 00:15:19,210
with literary merit.

246
00:15:19,293 --> 00:15:21,712
That wasn't because of Mr. Kim Jae-min.

247
00:15:21,796 --> 00:15:24,090
But I've been thinking a lot
about fiction and literature

248
00:15:24,173 --> 00:15:26,592
since I majored in Korean literature

249
00:15:26,676 --> 00:15:29,011
I see. So Gyeoroo could become
an established publishing firm

250
00:15:29,095 --> 00:15:32,723
because of the <i>Human</i> series,
which was the outcome of

251
00:15:32,807 --> 00:15:35,810
your sincere contemplation
and exploration, right?

252
00:15:37,562 --> 00:15:39,147
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

253
00:15:43,025 --> 00:15:43,943
Hello.

254
00:15:49,031 --> 00:15:50,366
WHIRRING

255
00:15:51,451 --> 00:15:52,493
SNIFFING AND FLIPPING

256
00:15:54,829 --> 00:15:55,705
UNINTERPRETABLE

257
00:15:57,790 --> 00:15:58,749
FLIPPING

258
00:16:02,336 --> 00:16:04,005
PUBLISHING

259
00:16:04,088 --> 00:16:05,298
<i>BLOODY CONTRACT</i> SERIES

260
00:16:05,715 --> 00:16:07,300
WHOOSH

261
00:16:07,383 --> 00:16:08,384
WHIZZING

262
00:16:11,679 --> 00:16:12,763
TA-DA

263
00:16:29,947 --> 00:16:31,324
<i>Gyeoroo Publishing.</i>

264
00:16:32,867 --> 00:16:34,327
This is the last question.

265
00:16:35,286 --> 00:16:38,873
Frankly, the biggest reason behind
Gyeoroo's rapid growth was the acquisition

266
00:16:38,956 --> 00:16:41,959
of Author Kang Byeong-jun's
publication rights.

267
00:16:42,543 --> 00:16:44,670
Is there anything you'd like to say
about the rumors

268
00:16:44,754 --> 00:16:46,631
regarding his retirement

269
00:16:46,714 --> 00:16:48,549
and his disappearance?

270
00:16:50,134 --> 00:16:50,968
Hello?

271
00:16:51,469 --> 00:16:52,428
Hold on a moment.

272
00:16:54,222 --> 00:16:56,182
This is urgent.
Let's wrap up the interview here.

273
00:17:00,770 --> 00:17:02,396
Yes, I've already explained it to you.

274
00:17:02,480 --> 00:17:03,940
What happened was...

275
00:17:04,982 --> 00:17:07,193
Don't you think everyone at Gyeoroo
is so weird?

276
00:17:07,777 --> 00:17:09,737
I mean, all of them
get super sensitive like that

277
00:17:09,820 --> 00:17:11,447
whenever we ask them
about Kang Byeong-jun.

278
00:17:18,496 --> 00:17:19,622
DAN-I

279
00:17:20,373 --> 00:17:22,542
<i>Change your passcode
to what it used to be.</i>

280
00:17:22,959 --> 00:17:24,877
<i>I'll be your housekeeper</i>

281
00:17:25,044 --> 00:17:26,504
<i>until I land a proper job.</i>

282
00:17:51,612 --> 00:17:53,114
<i>He wants us to donate books?</i>

283
00:17:53,197 --> 00:17:55,533
Professor Jeong Gil-su
at Hanguk University is thinking about

284
00:17:55,616 --> 00:17:57,285
including them in his curriculum.

285
00:17:57,368 --> 00:17:58,703
What do you think?

286
00:17:58,786 --> 00:18:00,246
We'll tell him to buy the books.

287
00:18:01,038 --> 00:18:02,665
You gave the correct answer for a change.

288
00:18:02,748 --> 00:18:04,792
If we're giving because he asked
it's not a donation.

289
00:18:04,875 --> 00:18:05,960
Exactly.

290
00:18:06,043 --> 00:18:08,004
It's not like we sell land
to publish books.

291
00:18:08,087 --> 00:18:09,964
A children's library will be built
in Jongno-gu.

292
00:18:10,047 --> 00:18:11,299
They want us to donate--

293
00:18:11,382 --> 00:18:14,135
What about the money the government
gave them? Why demand free books?

294
00:18:14,218 --> 00:18:15,595
Shall I tell them that?

295
00:18:16,929 --> 00:18:17,930
Jeez.

296
00:18:19,015 --> 00:18:20,975
Tell them we're out of stock
and apologize to them.

297
00:18:24,061 --> 00:18:26,647
Sir, the new employee
for the Task Support Team

298
00:18:26,731 --> 00:18:28,649
will also help my team, right?

299
00:18:28,733 --> 00:18:30,359
Gosh, we're swamped these days--

300
00:18:30,443 --> 00:18:31,986
Are they playing games to decide

301
00:18:32,069 --> 00:18:34,405
who will pay for the late-night snacks
in broad daylight?

302
00:18:34,947 --> 00:18:38,492
The founding members of Gyeoroo,
of all people?

303
00:18:39,493 --> 00:18:41,871
-Oh, no!
-Jeez.

304
00:18:41,954 --> 00:18:44,290
It's Ms. Go's turn. This one, right?

305
00:18:45,750 --> 00:18:47,543
We're deciding who will call
the new hires.

306
00:18:48,002 --> 00:18:50,755
The angel who will break
the amazing news to the new hires.

307
00:18:50,838 --> 00:18:52,089
We're deciding who it will be.

308
00:18:52,923 --> 00:18:53,924
It's happy news, you know.

309
00:18:54,008 --> 00:18:57,053
-The decision has already been made?
-We have to announce them today.

310
00:18:59,013 --> 00:19:01,015
It's me.

311
00:19:01,766 --> 00:19:03,351
Gosh, I'm jealous.

312
00:19:03,434 --> 00:19:04,852
I'm sorry, but I get to do this.

313
00:19:12,985 --> 00:19:16,489
Since I'm the president of this company,
I should take care of this laborious task.

314
00:19:18,991 --> 00:19:20,076
Gosh, seriously!

315
00:19:25,956 --> 00:19:26,832
"Dear Applicant.

316
00:19:28,292 --> 00:19:30,795
We're pleased to offer you
a position at Gyeoroo."

317
00:19:31,379 --> 00:19:34,840
"My gosh, thank you so much.
I'm over the moon!"

318
00:19:36,842 --> 00:19:39,970
Mr. Kim has to do all the good stuff.

319
00:19:49,814 --> 00:19:50,940
Mr. Kim, just a moment.

320
00:19:51,691 --> 00:19:53,067
Hey, I'm going to do it.

321
00:19:55,236 --> 00:19:57,071
RÉSUMÉ
KANG DAN-I

322
00:19:59,198 --> 00:20:00,074
This applicant.

323
00:20:01,534 --> 00:20:02,660
For the Task Support Team?

324
00:20:02,743 --> 00:20:04,620
I insisted on hiring her.

325
00:20:05,079 --> 00:20:06,831
We had the applicants
fill in a questionnaire.

326
00:20:06,914 --> 00:20:09,208
Check out what she wrote.
It's so touching.

327
00:20:17,675 --> 00:20:20,177
We're just trying to gather information
for your interviews,

328
00:20:20,761 --> 00:20:22,555
so just answer the questions honestly.

329
00:20:24,140 --> 00:20:25,766
As you can see,

330
00:20:25,850 --> 00:20:28,185
it's nothing hard.
You may find the questions a bit childish.

331
00:20:28,269 --> 00:20:30,604
They even asked for our cover letters.
What the hell is this?

332
00:20:30,813 --> 00:20:32,440
-Pardon me?
-Sorry?

333
00:20:36,318 --> 00:20:37,319
You're handsome.

334
00:20:50,416 --> 00:20:52,334
JOB APPLICANT QUESTIONNAIRE

335
00:20:52,585 --> 00:20:54,962
<i>"Write what you want to say to yourself."</i>

336
00:21:04,680 --> 00:21:05,848
<i>Dear Kang Dan-i.</i>

337
00:21:07,516 --> 00:21:10,436
<i>We've already spent 37 years together.</i>

338
00:21:11,479 --> 00:21:12,563
<i>But you see,</i>

339
00:21:13,022 --> 00:21:14,982
<i>I still don't know you that well,</i>

340
00:21:16,442 --> 00:21:20,654
<i>so I'm planning to get to know more
about you starting now.</i>

341
00:21:22,323 --> 00:21:23,657
I'm sorry.

342
00:21:23,991 --> 00:21:24,909
I'm sorry.

343
00:21:25,951 --> 00:21:26,994
I'm sorry.

344
00:21:31,707 --> 00:21:33,542
<i>I know you've done your best, Dan-i.</i>

345
00:21:36,295 --> 00:21:38,214
Be careful not to drop it. It's expensive.

346
00:21:38,297 --> 00:21:39,340
Eat this.

347
00:21:39,423 --> 00:21:40,883
No, it's okay. I have this.

348
00:21:41,342 --> 00:21:42,676
You love that part.

349
00:21:43,928 --> 00:21:45,638
<i>I'm sorry I didn't value you enough.</i>

350
00:21:47,431 --> 00:21:48,849
As soon as I saw him...

351
00:21:53,062 --> 00:21:55,689
<i>I'm sorry I mistreated you.</i>

352
00:21:56,065 --> 00:21:57,107
<i>And...</i>

353
00:21:58,651 --> 00:21:59,777
Jae-hui.

354
00:22:01,779 --> 00:22:04,031
-I'm sorry.
-I want chocolate!

355
00:22:05,282 --> 00:22:06,242
I said I want chocolate.

356
00:22:06,325 --> 00:22:09,078
<i>I'm sorry I made you feel small.</i>

357
00:22:11,872 --> 00:22:13,374
Wake up.

358
00:22:13,624 --> 00:22:15,125
Why did you drink so much?

359
00:22:15,793 --> 00:22:16,877
Get up.

360
00:22:16,961 --> 00:22:19,421
<i>I'm really sorry I made you work so hard.</i>

361
00:22:19,880 --> 00:22:21,131
<i>It must've been hard for you.</i>

362
00:22:21,549 --> 00:22:22,925
<i>You must've wanted to cry.</i>

363
00:22:24,009 --> 00:22:27,054
Ma'am, this is a buy-one-get-one-free
item, so you need to bring one more.

364
00:22:27,137 --> 00:22:28,722
Do I have to go and get it myself?

365
00:22:28,806 --> 00:22:30,766
Yes, I can't leave
the cash register unattended.

366
00:22:30,849 --> 00:22:33,227
Forget it. Just take it out, then.
I won't buy it.

367
00:22:33,310 --> 00:22:34,687
What a hassle.

368
00:22:35,312 --> 00:22:37,982
Then I'll take this out, ma'am.

369
00:22:38,065 --> 00:22:39,233
Hurry up, please.

370
00:22:39,316 --> 00:22:41,986
-I'm sorry.
-<i>But you held out with a smile.</i>

371
00:22:42,820 --> 00:22:44,613
<i>Thanks for staying strong, Dan-i.</i>

372
00:22:45,781 --> 00:22:46,907
<i>And that's why</i>

373
00:22:46,991 --> 00:22:48,784
<i>I want you to be happy from now on.</i>

374
00:22:49,451 --> 00:22:51,078
<i>Forget about yesterday</i>

375
00:22:51,704 --> 00:22:52,705
<i>and live for today.</i>

376
00:22:53,247 --> 00:22:55,332
<i>Every day, only think about your future.</i>

377
00:22:56,166 --> 00:22:57,876
<i>What do you want to do?</i>

378
00:22:57,960 --> 00:22:59,336
<i>And what do you like?</i>

379
00:22:59,753 --> 00:23:01,005
<i>Find the answers again.</i>

380
00:23:02,047 --> 00:23:03,674
<i>You have to, okay?</i>

381
00:23:04,174 --> 00:23:05,426
<i>Once again, you got this.</i>

382
00:23:05,551 --> 00:23:07,761
<i>Never slow down and keep going.</i>

383
00:23:08,095 --> 00:23:10,180
<i>Stay strong until the end.</i>

384
00:23:14,018 --> 00:23:15,644
She must've been through quite a bit.

385
00:23:15,728 --> 00:23:17,855
People like her are usually good workers.

386
00:23:22,693 --> 00:23:24,153
What's with your face?

387
00:23:24,778 --> 00:23:26,280
Isn't it touching?

388
00:23:26,363 --> 00:23:27,781
Everything's grammatically correct.

389
00:23:27,865 --> 00:23:30,117
There are also no spacing errors or typos.

390
00:23:33,203 --> 00:23:36,540
Gosh, he has no heart.

391
00:23:36,999 --> 00:23:39,168
How does a guy like that write anything?

392
00:23:40,502 --> 00:23:44,089
Who should I start with?

393
00:23:45,424 --> 00:23:48,427
"Oh Ji-yul."

394
00:23:49,094 --> 00:23:51,138
-Kiss!
-You guys.

395
00:23:51,221 --> 00:23:52,723
-Kiss!
-Stop it.

396
00:23:52,806 --> 00:23:54,475
MOM

397
00:23:54,558 --> 00:23:56,894
-Kiss!
-Kiss!

398
00:24:00,397 --> 00:24:02,816
<i>Where are you?
I'm in front of the academy.</i>

399
00:24:08,906 --> 00:24:10,199
It's not your mom.

400
00:24:10,866 --> 00:24:11,867
Be quiet.

401
00:24:14,620 --> 00:24:15,829
Hello?

402
00:24:17,623 --> 00:24:18,624
I'm sorry. Who are you?

403
00:24:18,707 --> 00:24:21,210
I'm calling from Gyeoroo.

404
00:24:21,293 --> 00:24:24,254
And I'm happy to tell you
that you passed the final interview.

405
00:24:24,838 --> 00:24:27,800
Oh, the publishing company.

406
00:24:29,843 --> 00:24:32,471
What? Why isn't she screaming with joy?

407
00:24:32,554 --> 00:24:33,681
Who is it?

408
00:24:33,764 --> 00:24:35,724
The publishing company.
Apparently, I got accepted.

409
00:24:36,308 --> 00:24:37,851
But I went to a lot of other interviews.

410
00:24:38,435 --> 00:24:41,105
<i>So when do I need to start going to work?</i>

411
00:24:41,689 --> 00:24:43,899
I'm planning to go on a trip to Cebu
with my mom tomorrow.

412
00:24:43,982 --> 00:24:46,318
Can I start work
after I get back from the trip?

413
00:24:48,112 --> 00:24:49,363
Ms. Oh Ji-yul.

414
00:24:49,446 --> 00:24:52,199
You need to start working tomorrow.

415
00:24:56,745 --> 00:24:58,205
This is so wrong.

416
00:25:01,583 --> 00:25:03,544
I hope this one's normal.

417
00:25:04,378 --> 00:25:05,421
Hello.

418
00:25:05,504 --> 00:25:06,922
Can you sign this for our campaign?

419
00:25:07,589 --> 00:25:09,925
Hello, can you sign this for our campaign?

420
00:25:10,092 --> 00:25:11,176
Oh, okay.

421
00:25:23,397 --> 00:25:25,023
RÉSUMÉ

422
00:25:30,320 --> 00:25:31,864
Hey, Eun-jeong.

423
00:25:33,490 --> 00:25:34,575
You still haven't found

424
00:25:35,159 --> 00:25:36,285
a job yet?

425
00:25:36,869 --> 00:25:38,162
I did find a job.

426
00:25:38,245 --> 00:25:39,246
Where are you working?

427
00:25:43,250 --> 00:25:45,085
LH KOREA LAND AND HOUSING CORPORATION

428
00:25:45,502 --> 00:25:47,087
It's a public corporation.

429
00:25:47,796 --> 00:25:49,548
As a Korean citizen,

430
00:25:49,631 --> 00:25:51,759
I wanted to work
for my country and citizens.

431
00:25:51,884 --> 00:25:53,427
I felt a sense of duty.

432
00:25:53,886 --> 00:25:55,012
Do you get it?

433
00:25:55,095 --> 00:25:56,930
You're still odd.

434
00:25:57,681 --> 00:25:58,974
Anyway, I'm happy for you.

435
00:25:59,057 --> 00:26:00,642
You must feel reassured about your job.

436
00:26:02,102 --> 00:26:04,980
To be honest, I was always curious
about how you were doing

437
00:26:05,147 --> 00:26:07,441
after we broke up like that.

438
00:26:08,734 --> 00:26:09,860
Oh, really?

439
00:26:11,028 --> 00:26:13,280
You still have my number, right?

440
00:26:19,620 --> 00:26:22,915
-Welcome. We have a sale today.
-Welcome. We have a sale today.

441
00:26:23,707 --> 00:26:27,169
-Welcome. We have a sale today.
-Welcome. We have a sale today.

442
00:26:29,254 --> 00:26:30,297
A public corporation?

443
00:26:37,429 --> 00:26:40,766
-Welcome. We have a sale today.
-Welcome. We have a sale today.

444
00:26:43,727 --> 00:26:44,853
Yes, this is Park Hoon.

445
00:26:47,523 --> 00:26:49,566
I got accepted? Where?

446
00:26:51,610 --> 00:26:53,445
The publishing company?

447
00:26:55,197 --> 00:26:58,283
Gosh, why didn't you call me earlier?

448
00:26:58,367 --> 00:26:59,952
Just one minute earlier...

449
00:27:01,453 --> 00:27:06,083
I'm extremely sorry
that I didn't call you earlier.

450
00:27:13,257 --> 00:27:14,883
RÉSUMÉ
KANG DAN-I

451
00:27:24,601 --> 00:27:25,644
Hello?

452
00:27:25,727 --> 00:27:27,229
Hello, Ms. Kang Dan-i.

453
00:27:27,646 --> 00:27:30,440
You applied for the Task Support Team
at Gyeoroo, right?

454
00:27:30,941 --> 00:27:33,235
You passed the final interview.

455
00:27:33,318 --> 00:27:34,403
Congratulations.

456
00:27:36,071 --> 00:27:37,573
Really?

457
00:27:38,198 --> 00:27:40,075
Did... Did I really pass?

458
00:27:44,079 --> 00:27:47,416
Thank you! Thank you so much!

459
00:27:48,375 --> 00:27:50,544
<i>-Who is it?</i>
-You went to an interview?

460
00:27:50,627 --> 00:27:51,628
Is it a full-time job?

461
00:27:52,337 --> 00:27:53,505
I got the job.

462
00:27:53,589 --> 00:27:54,673
I got accepted.

463
00:27:54,756 --> 00:27:55,841
I got hired!

464
00:27:57,050 --> 00:27:58,093
My goodness.

465
00:27:58,176 --> 00:27:59,720
-That's great!
-My gosh.

466
00:27:59,803 --> 00:28:00,888
My goodness.

467
00:28:02,097 --> 00:28:03,473
This is great.

468
00:28:04,766 --> 00:28:06,018
I can do it! Power pose!

469
00:28:10,147 --> 00:28:11,523
She's a psycho too.

470
00:28:14,651 --> 00:28:15,861
I have a long way to go.

471
00:28:16,445 --> 00:28:18,488
I'll treat you all to a bottle of yogurt.

472
00:28:19,489 --> 00:28:20,532
No, wait!

473
00:28:20,616 --> 00:28:22,117
I'll buy you two bottles each!

474
00:28:25,913 --> 00:28:26,955
I'm so happy for you!

475
00:28:38,759 --> 00:28:41,637
<i>Let's say I'll die at the age of 80.
That means I'm only halfway through.</i>

476
00:28:42,930 --> 00:28:44,348
Do I have to keep living like this?

477
00:28:48,852 --> 00:28:50,103
Are you done checking?

478
00:28:50,938 --> 00:28:51,939
Yes.

479
00:28:52,105 --> 00:28:54,024
I don't think
I need to check yours anymore.

480
00:28:54,107 --> 00:28:55,567
You can just hand it in from now on.

481
00:28:57,653 --> 00:28:59,071
You left your clothes at my place.

482
00:28:59,947 --> 00:29:00,781
Oh, right.

483
00:29:01,448 --> 00:29:03,992
Gosh, I forgot to take my laundry
out of the washing machine.

484
00:29:04,701 --> 00:29:06,536
How could you leave behind your bra?

485
00:29:06,787 --> 00:29:07,621
I know, right?

486
00:29:58,463 --> 00:29:59,673
DAN-I

487
00:30:03,176 --> 00:30:04,428
<i>I got accepted.</i>

488
00:30:25,615 --> 00:30:27,117
<i>That has nothing to do with me.</i>

489
00:30:28,952 --> 00:30:30,245
<i>We're strangers at work.</i>

490
00:30:30,746 --> 00:30:33,415
<i>Don't act like you know me,
and don't expect help from me.</i>

491
00:30:34,249 --> 00:30:35,250
So mean.

492
00:30:36,918 --> 00:30:38,337
<i>Stop working at my house.</i>

493
00:30:38,628 --> 00:30:40,005
<i>And get me a new housekeeper.</i>

494
00:31:03,695 --> 00:31:04,738
EUN-HO

495
00:31:08,492 --> 00:31:09,326
<i>Congratulations</i>

496
00:31:10,285 --> 00:31:11,828
<i>on getting hired, Dan-i.</i>

497
00:31:17,250 --> 00:31:19,461
<i>I made</i> doenjang <i>stew, your favorite.</i>

498
00:31:19,920 --> 00:31:22,089
<i>I added abalones,
so don't forget to eat it.</i>

499
00:31:31,306 --> 00:31:32,599
It looks delicious.

500
00:31:52,244 --> 00:31:55,705
<i>Are you saying that the amount of trash
in our country</i>

501
00:31:55,789 --> 00:31:57,040
<i>is unimaginable?</i>

502
00:31:57,249 --> 00:31:59,167
<i>Yes, Korea is one of the many countries</i>

503
00:31:59,251 --> 00:32:01,169
<i>that uses a lot of disposable plastic.</i>

504
00:32:01,253 --> 00:32:03,672
<i>And that results
in a large amount of waste.</i>

505
00:32:03,755 --> 00:32:05,966
<i>In 2015, Korea was...</i>

506
00:32:37,372 --> 00:32:38,915
It's my first day at work!

507
00:32:40,083 --> 00:32:41,209
Let's go.

508
00:32:41,793 --> 00:32:42,627
My gosh.

509
00:32:44,129 --> 00:32:45,213
Isn't she the woman

510
00:32:46,173 --> 00:32:47,466
who gave me the green onions?

511
00:33:04,232 --> 00:33:05,066
Darn.

512
00:33:16,411 --> 00:33:17,787
Let's do well.

513
00:33:18,538 --> 00:33:20,248
Let's do my best.

514
00:33:20,874 --> 00:33:22,000
Let's be grateful

515
00:33:22,584 --> 00:33:23,710
and work hard.

516
00:33:27,339 --> 00:33:28,215
DIPLOMA
KANG DAN-I

517
00:33:30,967 --> 00:33:32,385
CAREER CERTIFICATE
KANG DAN-I

518
00:33:33,220 --> 00:33:34,137
DIPLOMA
KANG DAN-I

519
00:33:38,767 --> 00:33:40,560
Are you a new recruit?

520
00:33:41,978 --> 00:33:43,146
Yes.

521
00:33:43,730 --> 00:33:46,608
It's nice to meet you.
My name is Park Hoon.

522
00:33:46,691 --> 00:33:47,901
My name is

523
00:33:50,028 --> 00:33:51,196
Kang Dan-i.

524
00:33:51,279 --> 00:33:53,698
Nice to meet you, Dan-i.

525
00:33:53,782 --> 00:33:55,825
You must be nervous
since it's your first day.

526
00:33:55,909 --> 00:33:57,494
But there's no need to feel that way.

527
00:33:58,078 --> 00:34:00,497
People who work here are
no better than people like us.

528
00:34:00,580 --> 00:34:02,123
So you just need to be sincere.

529
00:34:02,207 --> 00:34:03,500
And if that doesn't work,

530
00:34:03,583 --> 00:34:06,169
you just need to be simple-minded
and think of this place

531
00:34:06,253 --> 00:34:08,588
-as a source for your monthly paycheck.
-Okay.

532
00:34:09,631 --> 00:34:11,258
TBH, we all know that simplicity is

533
00:34:11,341 --> 00:34:13,260
the answer
and that you need to walk your path.

534
00:34:13,343 --> 00:34:14,469
Right? Don't you think?

535
00:34:16,346 --> 00:34:17,764
Did I sound too stubborn? SAT.

536
00:34:17,847 --> 00:34:19,933
DGMW. You don't need to agree.
I respect your opinion.

537
00:34:20,225 --> 00:34:21,601
TBH? SAT? DGMW?

538
00:34:22,978 --> 00:34:24,187
Don't be so nervous.

539
00:34:24,271 --> 00:34:25,480
Follow me.

540
00:34:27,399 --> 00:34:28,316
Breathe in.

541
00:34:29,943 --> 00:34:31,027
Breathe out.

542
00:34:34,739 --> 00:34:36,408
I'm a new recruit as well.

543
00:34:39,494 --> 00:34:40,954
I can

544
00:34:41,371 --> 00:34:42,914
already sense it.

545
00:34:43,039 --> 00:34:43,873
Sense what?

546
00:34:43,957 --> 00:34:45,458
That we'll get along

547
00:34:45,542 --> 00:34:46,710
really well.

548
00:34:48,753 --> 00:34:49,879
Good luck to the both of us.

549
00:34:50,922 --> 00:34:51,965
We shook hands earlier.

550
00:35:02,601 --> 00:35:03,852
GYEOROO

551
00:35:05,020 --> 00:35:07,522
NEW RECRUITS, COME TO THE MEETING ROOM
ON THE 3RD FLOOR BY 9 A.M.

552
00:35:17,490 --> 00:35:18,783
Wait for me.

553
00:35:18,867 --> 00:35:20,035
<i>Going up.</i>

554
00:35:21,077 --> 00:35:22,078
Are you a new recruit?

555
00:35:22,662 --> 00:35:23,955
Gosh, it's nice to meet you.

556
00:35:24,122 --> 00:35:25,540
My name is Park Hoon.

557
00:35:26,124 --> 00:35:27,208
My name is Ji-yul.

558
00:35:33,256 --> 00:35:34,299
<i>Going up.</i>

559
00:35:42,599 --> 00:35:44,643
They must've hired four people.

560
00:35:46,144 --> 00:35:47,145
My name is Park Hoon.

561
00:35:53,902 --> 00:35:56,029
I heard they hired eight people last year.

562
00:35:57,864 --> 00:35:59,991
I'm 27 years old. What about you?

563
00:36:00,075 --> 00:36:01,076
Me too!

564
00:36:03,995 --> 00:36:06,831
You seem like you're around our age
as well.

565
00:36:08,833 --> 00:36:11,628
I don't think it's necessary
for you to know how old I am.

566
00:36:14,798 --> 00:36:15,924
Right.

567
00:36:25,266 --> 00:36:28,269
-Hello.
-Hello.

568
00:36:28,353 --> 00:36:30,855
I guess they hired seven people in total.

569
00:36:33,358 --> 00:36:35,860
Let me tell you some valuable information

570
00:36:35,944 --> 00:36:37,404
for all of you here.

571
00:36:37,487 --> 00:36:39,072
I heard that the person in charge of

572
00:36:39,656 --> 00:36:41,366
training the new recruits

573
00:36:41,449 --> 00:36:43,118
is known as the second witch of Gyeoroo.

574
00:36:43,201 --> 00:36:46,287
Her name is Song Hae-rin.

575
00:36:46,371 --> 00:36:48,164
Come on. Sit down.

576
00:36:48,832 --> 00:36:51,918
She's in her third year,
and she got promoted a few months ago.

577
00:36:52,877 --> 00:36:55,213
She won the competition
against her colleagues and seniors.

578
00:36:55,296 --> 00:36:57,465
Her nickname is Ice Queen.

579
00:36:59,801 --> 00:37:01,636
She's apparently really cranky.

580
00:37:01,720 --> 00:37:03,638
And she's one of those workaholics.

581
00:37:04,222 --> 00:37:05,807
She wears out her colleagues.

582
00:37:06,433 --> 00:37:09,769
It's essential
to meet a good senior at work.

583
00:37:09,853 --> 00:37:12,981
But we're already screwed
on our first day.

584
00:37:13,064 --> 00:37:14,315
I guess it won't be easy.

585
00:37:14,983 --> 00:37:16,943
Those people exist everywhere.

586
00:37:17,026 --> 00:37:19,571
Yes, that's right. It's
"The law of conservation of lunatics."

587
00:37:19,654 --> 00:37:21,072
We'll just have to endure it.

588
00:37:21,156 --> 00:37:22,991
If she's the second witch,

589
00:37:23,491 --> 00:37:24,534
who's the first witch?

590
00:37:25,118 --> 00:37:26,077
Director Go Yu-seon.

591
00:37:27,620 --> 00:37:28,538
My gosh.

592
00:37:28,955 --> 00:37:30,290
I'm impressed that you know.

593
00:37:30,373 --> 00:37:33,293
It's our first day of work,
so you should all at least know that much.

594
00:37:34,043 --> 00:37:36,087
Oh, right.
Gyeoroo gives out business cards

595
00:37:36,171 --> 00:37:38,423
on the first day at work.

596
00:37:39,424 --> 00:37:41,426
I really love this about the company.

597
00:37:43,219 --> 00:37:44,929
But why are you giving us the cards?

598
00:37:48,600 --> 00:37:52,437
I'm Song Hae-rin, the person in charge
of training the new recruits.

599
00:37:53,021 --> 00:37:54,439
I'm a workaholic.

600
00:37:55,023 --> 00:37:56,149
And I wear out my colleagues.

601
00:37:56,441 --> 00:37:57,942
So it won't be easy for you guys.

602
00:37:58,943 --> 00:38:00,820
But those people exist everywhere

603
00:38:01,905 --> 00:38:04,324
just like
"The law of conservation of lunatics."

604
00:38:07,744 --> 00:38:10,163
As it's written on your cards,
Ji-yul is on the Editorial Team.

605
00:38:10,246 --> 00:38:13,625
Hoon is on the Marketing Team.
Ji-ho is on the Business Development Team.

606
00:38:13,708 --> 00:38:16,753
Min-seok is on the Children's Content
Team. Hui-yeong is on the Design Team.

607
00:38:16,836 --> 00:38:19,714
And Dan-i is on the Task Support Team.

608
00:38:20,423 --> 00:38:22,884
You all worked very hard to get a job.

609
00:38:23,176 --> 00:38:26,262
And I'm sure you were all full of hope
after you got accepted and came to work.

610
00:38:26,429 --> 00:38:28,389
Starting from today,
you guys are colleagues.

611
00:38:28,932 --> 00:38:30,433
-Hello.
-Hello.

612
00:38:30,600 --> 00:38:32,352
But you're also competitors.

613
00:38:33,186 --> 00:38:36,481
One of you will resign
in less than a month.

614
00:38:36,564 --> 00:38:39,526
Having a full-time job is meaningless
in the publishing industry.

615
00:38:40,235 --> 00:38:41,569
After three months,

616
00:38:41,653 --> 00:38:44,697
another person will resign
saying that they wish to study more.

617
00:38:44,781 --> 00:38:46,825
After a year,
there will be less than half of you

618
00:38:46,908 --> 00:38:48,576
even though you worked so hard
to get hired.

619
00:38:49,160 --> 00:38:50,703
Here's what I'm trying to tell you.

620
00:38:51,287 --> 00:38:53,206
I won't bother to teach those

621
00:38:53,790 --> 00:38:55,250
who will quit anyway.

622
00:38:55,792 --> 00:38:56,960
Figure it out yourselves.

623
00:39:00,880 --> 00:39:02,340
Good morning, Mr. Cha.

624
00:39:02,465 --> 00:39:03,383
Hi.

625
00:39:04,425 --> 00:39:05,593
They are our new recruits.

626
00:39:06,094 --> 00:39:06,928
Aren't they adorable?

627
00:39:08,721 --> 00:39:11,182
She's a bit dowdy though.

628
00:39:11,266 --> 00:39:12,934
The one in the black suit.

629
00:39:13,518 --> 00:39:15,144
Isn't she on the Task Support Team?

630
00:39:15,645 --> 00:39:17,230
Maybe she's a bit old.

631
00:39:17,355 --> 00:39:19,566
She has a baby face,
but her style's outdated.

632
00:39:20,775 --> 00:39:23,027
No, she's totally my type.

633
00:39:23,111 --> 00:39:24,070
She seems classy

634
00:39:24,153 --> 00:39:25,029
and qualified.

635
00:39:28,491 --> 00:39:30,952
Do we have the draft
for Ms. Kang's prose poems?

636
00:39:33,997 --> 00:39:35,874
She's gone off the grid.

637
00:39:35,957 --> 00:39:37,917
We haven't been able
to reach her this past month.

638
00:39:48,469 --> 00:39:50,346
The pressroom is on the right.

639
00:39:51,472 --> 00:39:53,933
At your twelve o'clock
is the main conference room.

640
00:39:54,017 --> 00:39:56,144
You'll now meet all of the teams.

641
00:39:56,227 --> 00:39:57,312
Follow me.

642
00:39:57,395 --> 00:39:59,188
Here are our new recruits.

643
00:39:59,647 --> 00:40:01,232
-Hello.
-I'm Park Hoon.

644
00:40:02,525 --> 00:40:03,610
Sir.

645
00:40:04,694 --> 00:40:06,905
Goodness.

646
00:40:06,988 --> 00:40:08,990
-My gosh!
-Here are our new recruits.

647
00:40:09,407 --> 00:40:10,408
Congratulations.

648
00:40:10,491 --> 00:40:11,618
I'm Park Hoon.

649
00:40:12,744 --> 00:40:15,121
-I'm Oh Ji-yul.
-It's nice to meet you.

650
00:40:15,204 --> 00:40:17,373
-I'm Kang Dan-i.
-Nice to meet you.

651
00:40:17,457 --> 00:40:21,502
-Gyeoroo, never slow down and keep going!
-Never slow down and keep going!

652
00:40:26,382 --> 00:40:27,300
I'm Park Hoon.

653
00:40:27,383 --> 00:40:30,053
This is the director's office. Wait here.

654
00:40:32,013 --> 00:40:32,931
The new recruits...

655
00:40:35,183 --> 00:40:36,017
Of course.

656
00:40:36,601 --> 00:40:37,936
She seems to be busy.

657
00:40:38,019 --> 00:40:39,187
This way.

658
00:40:41,898 --> 00:40:43,775
This is the Office Library.

659
00:40:43,858 --> 00:40:46,444
About 10,000 books are stored here.

660
00:40:47,320 --> 00:40:48,780
It's open to everyone,

661
00:40:48,863 --> 00:40:50,865
so feel free to use it as you wish.

662
00:40:51,074 --> 00:40:52,033
Sure.

663
00:40:52,825 --> 00:40:54,243
We can use it any time we want.

664
00:40:55,328 --> 00:40:56,412
Let's now head to the café.

665
00:40:57,997 --> 00:40:58,998
The café!

666
00:40:59,082 --> 00:40:59,916
Ta-da.

667
00:41:03,294 --> 00:41:04,337
I'm...

668
00:41:04,921 --> 00:41:06,547
most curious about Mr. Cha Eun-ho.

669
00:41:07,590 --> 00:41:09,842
I thought he'd be at my job interview.

670
00:41:09,926 --> 00:41:12,971
But then again, he is a chief editor,
a writer, and a professor.

671
00:41:13,054 --> 00:41:14,973
I'm sure he's busy

672
00:41:15,056 --> 00:41:17,517
juggling three jobs when
others can't manage even one.

673
00:41:17,600 --> 00:41:19,352
He was at my interview though.

674
00:41:20,395 --> 00:41:21,938
He's so handsome and pretty.

675
00:41:23,064 --> 00:41:24,107
Darn.

676
00:41:24,983 --> 00:41:26,901
By the way, how old are you, Dan-i?

677
00:41:27,485 --> 00:41:29,445
-I'm thirty--
-We're three years apart.

678
00:41:29,946 --> 00:41:31,322
I'm 37.

679
00:41:32,907 --> 00:41:33,825
So Dan-i, you're...

680
00:41:33,908 --> 00:41:34,909
Gosh, I'm sorry.

681
00:41:35,994 --> 00:41:37,787
You must not be a new recruit.

682
00:41:37,870 --> 00:41:39,372
Do you have work experience?

683
00:41:39,455 --> 00:41:40,581
I don't.

684
00:41:42,333 --> 00:41:43,543
I get it.

685
00:41:44,043 --> 00:41:45,628
You must've studied all those years.

686
00:41:46,671 --> 00:41:48,673
I'm a contract employee
on the Task Support Team.

687
00:41:48,756 --> 00:41:50,133
And I'm a high school graduate.

688
00:41:50,216 --> 00:41:51,843
I hope we get along then.

689
00:41:51,926 --> 00:41:52,927
Yes, me too.

690
00:41:58,850 --> 00:42:00,184
Here are your ID badges.

691
00:42:01,102 --> 00:42:02,603
They're so beautiful!

692
00:42:02,687 --> 00:42:03,688
I wonder who they're for.

693
00:42:03,771 --> 00:42:05,773
-What's this?
-What's with the flowers?

694
00:42:05,857 --> 00:42:06,733
Do we have a wedding?

695
00:42:07,900 --> 00:42:09,819
It's for one of the new recruits.

696
00:42:09,902 --> 00:42:11,070
Ms. Oh Ji-yul?

697
00:42:11,154 --> 00:42:13,156
Do you perhaps have a boyfriend?

698
00:42:15,658 --> 00:42:17,285
<i>Ji-yul, congratulations on your job!</i>

699
00:42:17,368 --> 00:42:18,536
<i>I wish you the best. From Mom.</i>

700
00:42:18,661 --> 00:42:20,288
My mom's the best.

701
00:42:20,913 --> 00:42:23,207
Aren't these beautiful?

702
00:42:24,042 --> 00:42:24,959
Her mom?

703
00:42:25,585 --> 00:42:26,461
I'm taking a photo.

704
00:42:26,544 --> 00:42:27,795
She must've been a mama's girl.

705
00:42:28,880 --> 00:42:30,214
I feel bad for her.

706
00:42:31,215 --> 00:42:33,801
-It's adorable.
-She's on our team, sir.

707
00:42:36,012 --> 00:42:38,097
-Can you take one for me?
-Sure.

708
00:42:38,806 --> 00:42:40,224
Who on earth agreed to hire her?

709
00:42:40,808 --> 00:42:43,936
You. Since we're hiring people
with no experience, you said you prefer

710
00:42:44,020 --> 00:42:46,105
someone like her rather than people
who pretend to know

711
00:42:46,189 --> 00:42:48,316
what they're doing.
They're easier to mold.

712
00:42:48,399 --> 00:42:49,233
Take one with me.

713
00:42:49,317 --> 00:42:50,610
Why on earth did I say that?

714
00:42:50,693 --> 00:42:52,737
I'll mentor her

715
00:42:52,820 --> 00:42:54,906
to the best of my abilities, sir.

716
00:42:55,615 --> 00:42:56,532
Sure.

717
00:42:58,326 --> 00:42:59,410
Do I look pretty?

718
00:43:00,870 --> 00:43:01,913
Yes, you do.

719
00:43:01,996 --> 00:43:02,955
That's him.

720
00:43:03,581 --> 00:43:04,916
He's Chief Editor Cha Eun-ho.

721
00:43:05,917 --> 00:43:06,834
I finally met him.

722
00:43:08,377 --> 00:43:09,337
No way.

723
00:43:09,921 --> 00:43:11,714
I'm dyeing my hair in that color too.

724
00:43:12,840 --> 00:43:13,841
From the Marketing Team...

725
00:43:16,636 --> 00:43:18,471
Nice. Okay.

726
00:43:18,554 --> 00:43:20,223
-Did you take 200 photos?
-Yes.

727
00:43:20,306 --> 00:43:21,557
-Take some more.
-Sure.

728
00:43:38,366 --> 00:43:40,743
GYEOROO, KANG DAN-I
TASK SUPPORT TEAM

729
00:43:46,582 --> 00:43:48,126
GYEOROO
KANG DAN-I, TASK SUPPORT TEAM

730
00:43:48,209 --> 00:43:49,794
<i>It's our third-year anniversary event.</i>

731
00:43:49,877 --> 00:43:52,130
<i>We have many prizes,
so drop your business card inside.</i>

732
00:43:52,213 --> 00:43:53,881
<i>We'll randomly select winners.</i>

733
00:43:54,841 --> 00:43:55,925
Let's give it a shot.

734
00:43:57,051 --> 00:43:58,219
That'll be 16,000 won.

735
00:44:00,054 --> 00:44:01,222
We should keep in touch.

736
00:44:02,056 --> 00:44:03,349
KIM JI-YOUNG

737
00:44:03,933 --> 00:44:05,434
I don't have a business card.

738
00:44:05,518 --> 00:44:06,811
I quit my job, you see.

739
00:44:06,894 --> 00:44:08,729
Why? You were doing so well.

740
00:44:09,438 --> 00:44:11,065
I have to take care of my kid.

741
00:44:12,441 --> 00:44:13,359
I'll call you sometime.

742
00:44:13,442 --> 00:44:15,069
Oh, sure.

743
00:44:16,863 --> 00:44:18,990
GYEOROO
KANG DAN-I, TASK SUPPORT TEAM

744
00:44:38,843 --> 00:44:39,927
Dan-i!

745
00:44:41,512 --> 00:44:42,346
Seriously?

746
00:44:42,930 --> 00:44:45,016
Don't tell me you're still going to be
my housekeeper.

747
00:44:45,892 --> 00:44:47,685
I'm not going to your house.

748
00:44:47,768 --> 00:44:49,395
Also, I'm looking for my replacement.

749
00:44:49,979 --> 00:44:51,272
Do you live around here?

750
00:44:51,856 --> 00:44:53,900
Let's go. I want to see where you live.

751
00:44:54,483 --> 00:44:55,443
Maybe next time.

752
00:44:55,526 --> 00:44:58,362
My house is a mess right now.

753
00:44:59,030 --> 00:45:00,698
I'll just give you a lift then. Get in.

754
00:45:02,909 --> 00:45:04,118
Hurry up and get in.

755
00:45:04,201 --> 00:45:05,369
No, it's all right.

756
00:45:05,453 --> 00:45:07,288
I can go by myself.

757
00:45:07,872 --> 00:45:08,998
Bye.

758
00:45:09,582 --> 00:45:10,416
Dan-i.

759
00:45:21,594 --> 00:45:22,929
Dan-i, hop in.

760
00:45:33,356 --> 00:45:34,690
It's best if you just do.

761
00:45:37,193 --> 00:45:38,319
KANG DAN-I, TASK SUPPORT TEAM

762
00:45:40,112 --> 00:45:41,948
I have no one else to show it off to.

763
00:45:42,740 --> 00:45:43,824
It's my business card.

764
00:45:44,909 --> 00:45:46,202
Bye then.

765
00:45:49,080 --> 00:45:50,373
Wait, was it that way?

766
00:45:56,128 --> 00:45:58,255
GYEOROO
KANG DAN-I, TASK SUPPORT TEAM

767
00:46:02,301 --> 00:46:04,720
<i>She's a bit dowdy though.</i>

768
00:46:04,804 --> 00:46:06,430
The one in the black suit.

769
00:46:16,774 --> 00:46:18,025
Na-gyeong, it's me.

770
00:46:18,317 --> 00:46:19,485
Is your shop still open?

771
00:46:30,371 --> 00:46:32,581
Dan-i, get in. We need to go somewhere.

772
00:46:35,543 --> 00:46:36,460
Come on!

773
00:46:47,555 --> 00:46:49,181
Isn't this Na-gyeong's shop?

774
00:46:49,849 --> 00:46:50,850
Let's go.

775
00:46:58,733 --> 00:46:59,817
Hi, Dan-i.

776
00:47:03,070 --> 00:47:05,322
Are you two dating again?
I thought you guys broke up.

777
00:47:05,448 --> 00:47:07,658
No, we're just friends now.

778
00:47:08,492 --> 00:47:09,493
Is that even possible?

779
00:47:12,288 --> 00:47:14,290
Then why not just date again?

780
00:47:14,373 --> 00:47:17,251
How can I when one of us cheated?

781
00:47:18,586 --> 00:47:19,628
You cheated on her?

782
00:47:20,880 --> 00:47:23,090
I absolutely despise cheaters.

783
00:47:23,674 --> 00:47:25,718
I didn't realize you were such a jackass.

784
00:47:25,801 --> 00:47:26,719
Hear that, Na-gyeong?

785
00:47:28,471 --> 00:47:30,222
I'm the one who cheated on him.

786
00:47:31,640 --> 00:47:32,725
This'll look good too.

787
00:47:32,808 --> 00:47:35,644
We'll take some clothes from here.
You look too dowdy.

788
00:47:36,437 --> 00:47:37,646
I look decent enough.

789
00:47:37,730 --> 00:47:40,107
Leave it. I have things to wear.

790
00:47:40,191 --> 00:47:41,567
I'll make do with what I have.

791
00:47:41,650 --> 00:47:43,235
You'll keep coming to work wearing that?

792
00:47:43,819 --> 00:47:45,696
Dan-i, I heard you just got a job

793
00:47:46,280 --> 00:47:48,991
after degrading yourself
as a high school graduate.

794
00:47:50,534 --> 00:47:51,869
It's okay for her to know.

795
00:47:54,747 --> 00:47:56,957
I bet the other new recruits
are quite young.

796
00:47:57,166 --> 00:47:58,459
The same goes for your bosses.

797
00:47:59,043 --> 00:48:02,713
Everyone's uncomfortable with having
a junior colleague who's older than them.

798
00:48:04,090 --> 00:48:06,717
These may look all right,
but they have flaws.

799
00:48:06,801 --> 00:48:07,885
I can't sell these anyway.

800
00:48:10,513 --> 00:48:11,889
But they look fine.

801
00:48:12,598 --> 00:48:14,767
This is how she'll apologize
for cheating on me.

802
00:48:16,602 --> 00:48:18,354
Try them on and see how they look.

803
00:48:19,105 --> 00:48:21,899
Okay then.
I'm really going to try them on.

804
00:48:23,484 --> 00:48:24,485
This way.

805
00:48:26,904 --> 00:48:27,822
Thank you.

806
00:48:33,494 --> 00:48:35,579
Twenty percent is as high as I can go.

807
00:48:35,663 --> 00:48:36,747
Nonsense. Make it 30.

808
00:48:36,831 --> 00:48:38,332
You hurt my soul.

809
00:48:39,708 --> 00:48:42,336
Fine, but wire me the money today.

810
00:48:48,217 --> 00:48:49,343
You look incredible.

811
00:48:54,849 --> 00:48:55,683
Isn't it too flashy?

812
00:48:55,850 --> 00:48:57,476
Everyone wears this these days.

813
00:49:03,524 --> 00:49:04,608
The skirt's too short.

814
00:49:07,820 --> 00:49:08,988
This one?

815
00:49:10,906 --> 00:49:13,909
I don't think this is an
appropriate outfit for work.

816
00:49:20,166 --> 00:49:21,208
This looks warm.

817
00:49:21,292 --> 00:49:22,334
This one looks neat.

818
00:49:22,918 --> 00:49:24,211
-Okay?
-Thanks.

819
00:49:30,509 --> 00:49:32,011
Let's head to the salon now.

820
00:49:32,094 --> 00:49:34,221
The clothes are on her,
and your hair will be on me.

821
00:49:34,471 --> 00:49:36,891
We're doing my hair too?
That won't be necessary.

822
00:49:36,974 --> 00:49:39,977
Just wearing new outfits
won't update your style.

823
00:49:41,896 --> 00:49:43,397
But the salon must be closed by now.

824
00:49:43,480 --> 00:49:44,440
I already called ahead.

825
00:49:44,523 --> 00:49:45,983
The owner is the person I'm dating.

826
00:49:48,444 --> 00:49:51,155
Yes, it's the one she cheated on me with.

827
00:49:51,739 --> 00:49:53,199
You'll see that I had no chance.

828
00:49:59,121 --> 00:50:00,039
You need a trim.

829
00:50:01,582 --> 00:50:02,833
Na-gyeong.

830
00:50:05,753 --> 00:50:06,879
Dan-i, this is Ju-yeon.

831
00:50:06,962 --> 00:50:08,214
Hello.

832
00:50:09,465 --> 00:50:10,424
Can you wait a second?

833
00:50:10,841 --> 00:50:12,051
Will you lend me a hand?

834
00:50:30,986 --> 00:50:33,197
You let another woman
steal your girlfriend?

835
00:50:35,157 --> 00:50:37,701
You let another woman steal your husband.

836
00:50:38,577 --> 00:50:39,787
Are you really okay with it?

837
00:50:40,621 --> 00:50:41,622
Yes.

838
00:50:42,331 --> 00:50:43,624
Did you even love her?

839
00:50:45,584 --> 00:50:46,460
I don't know.

840
00:50:46,543 --> 00:50:48,420
When I get dumped,

841
00:50:48,504 --> 00:50:50,089
I never get emotional.

842
00:50:51,215 --> 00:50:53,676
That's when I realize that
I wasn't in love.

843
00:50:53,759 --> 00:50:56,679
I don't get
boring relationships like that.

844
00:50:56,762 --> 00:50:58,931
Continuing to be friends after that
is even weirder.

845
00:51:00,808 --> 00:51:02,893
-Let me off there.
-I'll drive you home.

846
00:51:02,977 --> 00:51:04,561
No, don't.

847
00:51:05,813 --> 00:51:06,939
I told my landlady

848
00:51:07,314 --> 00:51:10,025
that I wouldn't bring any men over.

849
00:51:10,109 --> 00:51:11,735
As if that's possible.

850
00:51:25,291 --> 00:51:26,125
Bye!

851
00:51:34,300 --> 00:51:36,593
Stop running. You're going to fall down.

852
00:51:49,940 --> 00:51:50,899
You look pretty.

853
00:51:51,066 --> 00:51:52,067
Eun-ho, what do you think?

854
00:51:54,737 --> 00:51:55,946
He must not like it.

855
00:51:56,530 --> 00:51:57,740
He thinks you're pretty.

856
00:51:58,782 --> 00:51:59,616
So this one?

857
00:52:03,412 --> 00:52:04,872
You're way prettier when you smile.

858
00:52:15,049 --> 00:52:18,010
APPLICANT QUESTIONNAIRE

859
00:52:20,721 --> 00:52:22,890
WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF

860
00:52:22,973 --> 00:52:26,018
<i>I saved a boy's life
when I was a senior in middle school.</i>

861
00:52:26,810 --> 00:52:28,562
<i>It put me a year behind in school,</i>

862
00:52:28,896 --> 00:52:30,647
<i>but I ended up with a good friend.</i>

863
00:52:32,316 --> 00:52:33,650
<i>When I was young,</i>

864
00:52:33,859 --> 00:52:36,111
<i>I didn't even bother to read books.</i>

865
00:52:36,653 --> 00:52:38,489
<i>What I loved the most in the world</i>

866
00:52:38,989 --> 00:52:39,823
<i>were balls.</i>

867
00:52:39,907 --> 00:52:40,908
<i>Soccer balls, to be exact.</i>

868
00:52:41,158 --> 00:52:43,619
Gureum Elementary School
versus Taeyang Elementary School.

869
00:52:43,702 --> 00:52:47,414
It's only the preliminary round,
but they're putting on a tight match.

870
00:52:47,956 --> 00:52:50,667
Cha Eun-ho, the super rookie
of Taeyang Elementary School!

871
00:52:50,751 --> 00:52:52,169
With a feint,

872
00:52:52,252 --> 00:52:54,546
he fools his opponents
and creates an opening.

873
00:52:54,630 --> 00:52:57,841
Did the young boy
just do a Marseille turn?

874
00:53:01,678 --> 00:53:02,554
It went in!

875
00:53:02,638 --> 00:53:03,722
It's a goal!

876
00:53:04,223 --> 00:53:06,642
We just witnessed a child prodigy!

877
00:53:09,895 --> 00:53:11,188
Cha Eun-ho!

878
00:53:11,605 --> 00:53:13,774
Are you seriously laughing right now?

879
00:53:13,857 --> 00:53:15,275
You scored in your own team's goal!

880
00:53:15,776 --> 00:53:18,946
You always have trouble telling the right
goalpost in the second half of the game!

881
00:53:19,029 --> 00:53:21,573
How do you expect to play soccer
with a flaw like that?

882
00:53:22,157 --> 00:53:23,409
Give it up already!

883
00:53:23,492 --> 00:53:26,161
I take back my comment
on him being a prodigy.

884
00:53:28,914 --> 00:53:31,500
<i>That day,
something special happened to me.</i>

885
00:54:16,211 --> 00:54:17,171
Oh, no.

886
00:54:17,337 --> 00:54:20,132
Isn't she Kang Dan-i,
the bully of Deokhwa Middle School?

887
00:54:20,382 --> 00:54:21,383
No way.

888
00:54:21,550 --> 00:54:22,509
<i>And</i>

889
00:54:23,343 --> 00:54:26,096
<i>I met someone very special.</i>

890
00:54:42,321 --> 00:54:43,155
Hey.

891
00:54:43,864 --> 00:54:44,948
Kid.

892
00:54:45,991 --> 00:54:48,494
Stop crying. You're making my head hurt.

893
00:54:51,413 --> 00:54:52,581
I feel so great!

894
00:54:53,373 --> 00:54:55,876
You heard that it will take a year
for me to recover, right?

895
00:54:56,460 --> 00:54:57,669
Awesome.

896
00:54:57,753 --> 00:54:59,880
I won't be going to school for a year.

897
00:55:00,964 --> 00:55:02,174
Hey, kid.

898
00:55:02,758 --> 00:55:04,718
Until I make a full recovery,

899
00:55:04,801 --> 00:55:05,761
be my errand boy.

900
00:55:06,386 --> 00:55:08,096
Come here as soon as school is over.

901
00:55:09,473 --> 00:55:10,641
Got it?

902
00:55:24,655 --> 00:55:25,697
Come closer.

903
00:55:27,366 --> 00:55:28,408
Next page.

904
00:55:32,538 --> 00:55:33,580
Flip the page.

905
00:55:38,126 --> 00:55:41,296
I'm so glad that Seul-bi and Sirius
are happy again.

906
00:55:41,380 --> 00:55:43,048
Happy endings are the best.

907
00:55:43,632 --> 00:55:44,758
Hello.

908
00:55:53,934 --> 00:55:54,768
Bye.

909
00:55:55,435 --> 00:55:56,270
Hello.

910
00:55:56,770 --> 00:55:57,771
Hello.

911
00:56:06,405 --> 00:56:07,364
I already read this one.

912
00:56:21,545 --> 00:56:22,754
<i>Just like that,</i>

913
00:56:23,171 --> 00:56:25,841
<i>I was Dan-i's errand boy for a year.</i>

914
00:56:26,508 --> 00:56:29,219
<i>Life is in this book.
You can see life in it.</i>

915
00:56:29,303 --> 00:56:30,596
<i>How boring.</i>

916
00:56:30,971 --> 00:56:32,222
<i>For the first time in my life,</i>

917
00:56:32,556 --> 00:56:35,434
<i>I held something called a book
for a long time.</i>

918
00:56:35,517 --> 00:56:38,103
<i>It used to be martial arts before.
Now, they fight with hip hop too?</i>

919
00:56:38,186 --> 00:56:39,896
<i>They don't just fight all the time.</i>

920
00:56:39,980 --> 00:56:41,148
<i>You know nothing about guys.</i>

921
00:56:41,940 --> 00:56:43,108
<i>And my second talent...</i>

922
00:56:43,609 --> 00:56:46,153
<i>My talent as an author began</i>

923
00:56:46,778 --> 00:56:48,280
<i>when I met</i>

924
00:56:48,363 --> 00:56:50,699
<i>an eccentric girl named Kang Dan-i.</i>

925
00:59:41,536 --> 00:59:42,370
What is this, Dan-i?

926
00:59:55,258 --> 00:59:56,635
Have you been living in my house?

927
01:00:08,480 --> 01:00:10,524
TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT
A LONG TIME TOGETHER

928
01:00:10,649 --> 01:00:12,776
DO NOT NEED TO USE WORDS
TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS

929
01:00:13,860 --> 01:00:16,863
I KNOW I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ALONE, SO I
REACH OUT TO THE WORLD AND ASK FOR HELP

930
01:00:16,947 --> 01:00:20,075
"YOU PASSED." IT WAS AS IF I WAS GIVEN
THE PERMISSION TO ENTER THE WORLD

931
01:00:20,158 --> 01:00:23,286
SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO DAN-I.
WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO REALIZE?

932
01:00:23,370 --> 01:00:26,540
SHE'S SO PRETTY WHEN SHE SMILES,
BUT SHE'S PRETTY EVEN WHEN SHE DOESN'T

933
01:00:26,665 --> 01:00:29,709
"I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY. FIND OUT
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND WHAT YOU LIKE."

934
01:00:29,793 --> 01:00:33,004
I NEVER KNEW THAT THE WORLD WHICH WAS
SO WARM TO ME WAS SO HEARTLESS TO DAN-I

935
01:00:37,217 --> 01:00:38,593
<i>What are you going to do?</i>

936
01:00:39,177 --> 01:00:40,220
<i>Will you kick me out?</i>

937
01:00:42,264 --> 01:00:43,181
Why is this so strong?

938
01:00:44,516 --> 01:00:46,101
<i>She didn't even have a pillow.</i>

939
01:00:47,477 --> 01:00:50,147
I saw you walking when I was driving here.

940
01:00:51,815 --> 01:00:53,316
<i>I'll show her what I'm capable of.</i>

941
01:00:53,400 --> 01:00:54,317
<i>You know me.</i>

942
01:00:54,401 --> 01:00:56,611
<i>I'm Kang Dan-i.
I was once successful in advertising.</i>

943
01:00:56,695 --> 01:00:57,988
<i>Cover design by Ji Seo-jun.</i>

944
01:00:58,071 --> 01:01:01,449
<i>He's the best designer at the moment.
Bring him to Gyeoroo.</i>

945
01:01:01,533 --> 01:01:02,951
<i>I saw her crying.</i>

946
01:01:03,618 --> 01:01:05,453
<i>I thought my heart was going to crumble.</i>

947
01:01:06,454 --> 01:01:07,539
<i>People</i>

948
01:01:08,707 --> 01:01:09,833
call me by my name.

949
01:01:11,710 --> 01:01:13,712
Subtitle translation by Ja-won Lee