"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep4 (English)

1
00:00:18,560 --> 00:00:19,728
WE

2
00:00:20,103 --> 00:00:22,231
MET

3
00:00:32,741 --> 00:00:33,951
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,034 --> 00:00:37,579
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,372 --> 00:00:42,125
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:44,920 --> 00:00:47,172
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,256 --> 00:00:49,758
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,592 --> 00:00:53,345
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:54,972 --> 00:00:58,725
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:05,440 --> 00:01:10,571
VOLUME 4

11
00:01:23,458 --> 00:01:25,335
<i>I got drunk and went
to where Dan-i used to live.</i>

12
00:01:29,881 --> 00:01:30,716
After that...

13
00:01:32,259 --> 00:01:33,343
<i>Did I</i>

14
00:01:34,052 --> 00:01:35,345
<i>hug her?</i>

15
00:01:36,305 --> 00:01:37,597
<i>Or am I imagining it?</i>

16
00:01:39,391 --> 00:01:41,560
<i>What happened after that?</i>

17
00:01:42,311 --> 00:01:43,312
Eun-ho!

18
00:01:48,400 --> 00:01:49,609
I know that you're up.

19
00:01:50,235 --> 00:01:52,195
Come, let's eat breakfast.

20
00:02:03,624 --> 00:02:05,626
Did I teach you to get drunk like that?

21
00:02:07,002 --> 00:02:08,629
Now that you've come of age,

22
00:02:09,338 --> 00:02:12,299
I shall teach you
how to enjoy alcohol properly.

23
00:02:12,382 --> 00:02:15,636
You must learn drinking etiquette
from someone who's older and wiser.

24
00:02:32,778 --> 00:02:34,571
-What's going on?
-They'll drink all of that?

25
00:02:34,655 --> 00:02:36,323
We've been keeping these bottles for you.

26
00:02:36,657 --> 00:02:37,616
And these are

27
00:02:41,370 --> 00:02:42,704
only given to our VIP regulars.

28
00:02:45,123 --> 00:02:46,541
Good for you. You're a VIP here.

29
00:02:46,625 --> 00:02:49,795
I have this collection because I have to
cater to each client's taste.

30
00:02:49,961 --> 00:02:51,463
It's what all white-collars have to do.

31
00:02:51,672 --> 00:02:53,673
All right, then. Let's begin.

32
00:02:53,799 --> 00:02:54,883
Ms. White-collar.

33
00:02:55,384 --> 00:02:56,885
Let's start with wine.

34
00:02:57,469 --> 00:02:59,054
It's important to know how to open it.

35
00:03:32,921 --> 00:03:34,381
There. Let's pretend you opened it.

36
00:03:34,881 --> 00:03:36,425
When someone pours you wine...

37
00:03:37,634 --> 00:03:39,803
Don't hold the glass like that.
You ignorant fool.

38
00:03:50,731 --> 00:03:52,941
Is the glass for red wine the wider one?

39
00:03:53,024 --> 00:03:54,776
Let's say you were just confused.
What's next?

40
00:03:57,446 --> 00:03:58,530
This is how you pour wine.

41
00:03:59,489 --> 00:04:00,574
Rotate the bottle like this.

42
00:04:10,709 --> 00:04:11,626
<i>What's next?</i>

43
00:04:12,043 --> 00:04:13,920
<i>Next, I'll teach you how to drink whiskey.</i>

44
00:04:15,922 --> 00:04:17,966
<i>As for whiskey,
depending on where it was made...</i>

45
00:04:25,599 --> 00:04:27,559
I'm going to drink it straight.

46
00:04:28,977 --> 00:04:31,813
Since you've never drank whiskey before,
you should drink it on the rocks.

47
00:04:32,397 --> 00:04:33,482
Cheers.

48
00:04:40,322 --> 00:04:41,615
You can handle your liquor.

49
00:04:43,116 --> 00:04:44,367
But you see,

50
00:04:44,493 --> 00:04:46,578
just knowing about these liquors
is enough.

51
00:04:46,661 --> 00:04:47,913
The most important thing is

52
00:04:48,705 --> 00:04:50,081
learning how to do soju bombs.

53
00:04:51,333 --> 00:04:53,460
Hey, do you see this?
Do you see these bubbles?

54
00:04:53,543 --> 00:04:55,712
Drink it now. Drink up.

55
00:04:56,421 --> 00:04:59,132
Next, we'll do bomb shots. Boom!

56
00:05:10,227 --> 00:05:11,353
<i>Tae kwon!</i>

57
00:05:20,821 --> 00:05:21,822
My goodness.

58
00:05:38,046 --> 00:05:38,964
Dan-i!

59
00:05:39,172 --> 00:05:40,882
-Stop banging on the door!
-Dan-i.

60
00:05:40,966 --> 00:05:42,509
Dan-i, that's the men's room.

61
00:05:42,592 --> 00:05:45,345
The ladies' room is this way.
It's right here.

62
00:05:46,096 --> 00:05:47,097
Good. Go on in.

63
00:05:51,518 --> 00:05:52,894
For God's sake.

64
00:06:04,698 --> 00:06:07,075
Dan-i. You're okay, right?

65
00:06:09,119 --> 00:06:11,329
Hey, Dan-i. I'm going to come in, okay?

66
00:06:22,716 --> 00:06:24,759
Hang on. Look at me for a second.

67
00:06:27,846 --> 00:06:29,139
Is there something on my face?

68
00:06:51,244 --> 00:06:52,245
What is it?

69
00:07:02,339 --> 00:07:03,340
It's nothing.

70
00:07:03,423 --> 00:07:04,466
Let's go.

71
00:07:06,718 --> 00:07:07,969
Don't I look sexy?

72
00:07:08,053 --> 00:07:09,554
-Your total comes to 356,000 won.
-Okay.

73
00:07:10,180 --> 00:07:11,139
RING IT TO PAY FOR ALL

74
00:07:12,265 --> 00:07:14,100
-The Golden Bell!
-Did someone just ring it?

75
00:07:18,021 --> 00:07:19,022
Ladies and gentlemen.

76
00:07:19,272 --> 00:07:21,316
My little brother

77
00:07:21,399 --> 00:07:22,817
finally turned 20.

78
00:07:22,901 --> 00:07:25,612
<i>Bad feelings are always right.</i>

79
00:07:25,695 --> 00:07:28,865
Shouldn't I do something special
to celebrate this meaningful day?

80
00:07:29,491 --> 00:07:33,036
Hence, I'm going to

81
00:07:33,119 --> 00:07:36,039
pay for all your drinks!

82
00:07:49,886 --> 00:07:52,806
Eun-ho!

83
00:07:52,889 --> 00:07:54,349
Congratulations.

84
00:07:54,432 --> 00:07:55,725
My brother!

85
00:07:56,476 --> 00:07:59,187
Eun-ho! Drink up.

86
00:07:59,437 --> 00:08:00,313
Let's drink, everyone!

87
00:08:05,235 --> 00:08:06,945
Why did you spend your money like that?

88
00:08:08,029 --> 00:08:09,948
Because I wanted to.

89
00:08:11,658 --> 00:08:14,536
Do you know how much of an asshole
that client was?

90
00:08:15,870 --> 00:08:16,955
That douchebag

91
00:08:17,372 --> 00:08:18,373
grabbed my butt like this.

92
00:08:26,339 --> 00:08:27,382
Where's that asshole now?

93
00:08:28,216 --> 00:08:29,217
Over there.

94
00:08:30,301 --> 00:08:32,220
Shall I go beat him up to a pulp?

95
00:08:35,181 --> 00:08:36,433
Jeez, what a mess.

96
00:08:36,725 --> 00:08:39,894
Anyhow, I'm happy about
how I spent the money I earned

97
00:08:41,146 --> 00:08:42,939
thanks to that jerk.

98
00:08:44,149 --> 00:08:45,525
I feel so much better now.

99
00:08:47,193 --> 00:08:48,570
Sure, whatever.

100
00:08:51,614 --> 00:08:52,574
I know, right?

101
00:08:56,828 --> 00:08:57,954
Seriously.

102
00:08:59,080 --> 00:09:00,457
You're such a dummy.

103
00:09:01,875 --> 00:09:04,252
Do you know that you're a dummy?

104
00:09:04,836 --> 00:09:05,670
Yes.

105
00:09:06,755 --> 00:09:07,797
I know.

106
00:09:08,173 --> 00:09:09,340
I'm dumb.

107
00:09:11,801 --> 00:09:12,886
It's cold.

108
00:09:13,470 --> 00:09:15,555
Let's go home, Eun-ho.

109
00:09:28,151 --> 00:09:30,361
You said you're cold. Come here.

110
00:09:40,330 --> 00:09:41,331
What is this?

111
00:09:42,540 --> 00:09:45,710
Look at this. What about my arms? Look.

112
00:09:46,878 --> 00:09:48,129
All right, let's go.

113
00:09:48,213 --> 00:09:49,923
It'll be better
if you can't use your arms.

114
00:09:50,006 --> 00:09:51,800
-Unbutton this.
-Let's go.

115
00:09:52,342 --> 00:09:53,927
Unbutton this. I can't go home like this.

116
00:09:54,010 --> 00:09:56,012
I should've done this hours ago.

117
00:09:56,137 --> 00:09:56,971
Unbutton this now.

118
00:09:57,555 --> 00:09:58,640
-I don't want to.
-Gosh.

119
00:09:58,807 --> 00:09:59,849
Why you...

120
00:10:00,141 --> 00:10:01,935
Wait. Do you want a taste of this?

121
00:10:03,103 --> 00:10:04,979
You little punk. How dare you!

122
00:10:07,482 --> 00:10:09,442
I went out of my way

123
00:10:09,526 --> 00:10:11,778
and even spent all my money
to teach you drinking manners.

124
00:10:11,861 --> 00:10:13,655
How could you still get drunk like that?

125
00:10:15,240 --> 00:10:16,699
Where did you go last night?

126
00:10:19,786 --> 00:10:20,995
Where the girl I like lives.

127
00:10:22,831 --> 00:10:24,290
You went to a girl's place?

128
00:10:25,416 --> 00:10:27,669
Then you should've just told me.

129
00:10:29,754 --> 00:10:31,840
Why did you come home?
You should've stayed over.

130
00:10:34,050 --> 00:10:35,510
Do you sleep with everyone you like?

131
00:10:35,593 --> 00:10:37,303
What's going on in that head of yours?

132
00:10:37,387 --> 00:10:39,097
Well, you know.

133
00:10:39,889 --> 00:10:41,683
Some dirty thoughts, I guess.

134
00:10:41,766 --> 00:10:43,518
It's been so long since I had sex.

135
00:10:46,312 --> 00:10:48,439
You know... Your face turned red again.

136
00:10:48,523 --> 00:10:49,816
Jeez.

137
00:10:59,617 --> 00:11:00,577
Last night,

138
00:11:01,411 --> 00:11:03,371
did I go to sleep as soon as I got home?

139
00:11:04,038 --> 00:11:06,082
I don't know.
It looked like you were sleeping.

140
00:11:06,916 --> 00:11:08,209
<i>That's not what I'm asking.</i>

141
00:11:08,585 --> 00:11:09,586
<i>Before I fell asleep.</i>

142
00:11:10,962 --> 00:11:13,089
Hey, you hugged me last night.

143
00:11:16,050 --> 00:11:16,926
Gross.

144
00:11:18,261 --> 00:11:20,889
You also drooled all over me last night.

145
00:11:21,431 --> 00:11:22,724
Why are you so gross?

146
00:11:23,224 --> 00:11:24,475
You're really gross.

147
00:11:25,059 --> 00:11:26,936
You have food all over your mouth.

148
00:11:28,563 --> 00:11:29,939
You keep getting grosser.

149
00:11:52,003 --> 00:11:53,004
Hey, Dan-i!

150
00:11:54,255 --> 00:11:56,507
Well, I just wanted to see
what was inside.

151
00:11:56,591 --> 00:11:57,800
Come on. Give it back.

152
00:11:59,010 --> 00:12:02,013
-You're returning her clothes?
-It's none of your business.

153
00:12:02,764 --> 00:12:05,099
Right, privacy is important.

154
00:12:09,145 --> 00:12:10,188
I'll head out first.

155
00:12:10,271 --> 00:12:11,606
Let's go together. I'll drive--

156
00:12:11,689 --> 00:12:14,817
It's okay. If people at work find out,
it'll be uncomfortable for everyone.

157
00:12:15,234 --> 00:12:16,110
Bye.

158
00:12:20,698 --> 00:12:21,532
Eun-ho!

159
00:12:22,742 --> 00:12:23,576
Hey.

160
00:12:24,410 --> 00:12:25,536
Good morning.

161
00:12:25,912 --> 00:12:26,788
Here.

162
00:12:29,082 --> 00:12:29,916
What's this about?

163
00:12:30,500 --> 00:12:32,835
You told me to just leave my clothes
at your place.

164
00:12:33,586 --> 00:12:35,213
You said I'll get drunk and come by again.

165
00:12:35,296 --> 00:12:37,507
Don't come over when you're drunk.
You can't anymore.

166
00:12:38,174 --> 00:12:39,634
-What?
-I live with a woman now,

167
00:12:39,717 --> 00:12:40,635
so you can't.

168
00:12:41,135 --> 00:12:42,011
Let's go.

169
00:12:48,434 --> 00:12:50,561
NEW RELEASES

170
00:12:55,400 --> 00:12:56,901
<i>PALE, VICIOUSNESS</i>

171
00:12:56,985 --> 00:13:00,113
AN INTENSE BATTLE OF WITS
THAT'LL TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY

172
00:13:16,295 --> 00:13:19,382
<i>PALE, VICIOUSNESS</i>

173
00:13:19,465 --> 00:13:21,175
The new book is out.

174
00:13:21,592 --> 00:13:22,760
-The new book?
-Oh, my.

175
00:13:23,094 --> 00:13:24,303
It's finally out.

176
00:13:29,642 --> 00:13:31,811
<i>PALE, VICIOUSNESS</i>

177
00:13:31,894 --> 00:13:32,937
<i>Mr. Cha,</i>

178
00:13:33,438 --> 00:13:37,108
how is this for the title of the blurb?

179
00:13:37,191 --> 00:13:40,236
AN INTENSE BATTLE OF WITS
THAT'LL TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY

180
00:13:42,321 --> 00:13:44,073
Here's the new release, Ms. Song.

181
00:13:45,116 --> 00:13:45,992
Why did we pick this?

182
00:13:46,534 --> 00:13:48,244
There was the blurb that I came up with.

183
00:13:48,828 --> 00:13:50,413
My, isn't this so clever?

184
00:13:50,496 --> 00:13:54,500
"An intense battle of wits
that'll take your breath away."

185
00:13:55,752 --> 00:13:56,919
Don't you want to buy it?

186
00:14:00,965 --> 00:14:01,924
What?

187
00:14:02,967 --> 00:14:04,052
What's with her?

188
00:14:05,470 --> 00:14:07,055
-What happened?
-What's wrong?

189
00:14:07,305 --> 00:14:08,681
Watch your mouth!

190
00:14:08,765 --> 00:14:09,891
Excuse me!

191
00:14:26,741 --> 00:14:27,700
<i>PALE, VICIOUSNESS</i>

192
00:14:27,784 --> 00:14:28,993
Dan-i.

193
00:14:30,161 --> 00:14:30,995
Yes, ma'am.

194
00:14:33,831 --> 00:14:36,376
What do you think about that blurb?

195
00:14:39,504 --> 00:14:40,713
It's on point.

196
00:14:41,422 --> 00:14:44,926
I think it's the perfect blurb
for the book.

197
00:14:45,968 --> 00:14:48,304
Do you think that I stole it from you?

198
00:14:50,598 --> 00:14:52,392
I actually came up with the same idea.

199
00:14:52,934 --> 00:14:56,104
And I was set on it from the get-go.

200
00:14:57,105 --> 00:14:58,147
Don't tell me

201
00:14:58,815 --> 00:15:02,026
you assumed that I couldn't come up with
an idea that even you could come up with.

202
00:15:02,693 --> 00:15:03,861
I hope you didn't think that.

203
00:15:06,030 --> 00:15:07,323
Like you said,

204
00:15:07,782 --> 00:15:10,868
maybe you did come up
with the exact same blurb.

205
00:15:11,619 --> 00:15:14,831
And it's possible that you beat me to it.

206
00:15:16,416 --> 00:15:19,293
But I think, if that was the case,

207
00:15:20,169 --> 00:15:22,839
you should've told me
when I showed you my blurb.

208
00:15:24,173 --> 00:15:26,175
Before it was selected at the meeting.

209
00:15:29,262 --> 00:15:32,181
However, I'm going to try
to understand you

210
00:15:32,849 --> 00:15:34,225
in my own way.

211
00:15:35,476 --> 00:15:36,394
How?

212
00:15:38,187 --> 00:15:39,772
I heard that the Inuit

213
00:15:40,356 --> 00:15:42,483
don't need a word to express excellence.

214
00:15:43,234 --> 00:15:45,069
There's no such thing
as an excellent whale

215
00:15:45,653 --> 00:15:48,281
or an excellent polar bear.

216
00:15:49,615 --> 00:15:51,284
The same goes for us, humans.

217
00:15:53,244 --> 00:15:55,371
No one can be...

218
00:15:57,248 --> 00:15:58,291
perfect.

219
00:16:02,003 --> 00:16:03,254
I should get back to work.

220
00:16:13,139 --> 00:16:15,475
I guess the new hires
went to the print shop.

221
00:16:16,225 --> 00:16:17,477
Why didn't you go with them?

222
00:16:18,936 --> 00:16:21,022
How could I go there?
It'll break my heart.

223
00:16:25,359 --> 00:16:27,278
TODAY'S SCHEDULE
PRINT SHOP VISIT

224
00:16:27,361 --> 00:16:29,363
CHA EUN-HO,
OH JI-YUL, PARK HOON, KANG DAN-I

225
00:16:44,128 --> 00:16:45,671
Those books are perfectly fine.

226
00:16:47,048 --> 00:16:48,382
You see those two trucks, right?

227
00:16:48,466 --> 00:16:50,218
Those are all our books.

228
00:16:50,301 --> 00:16:53,262
And very soon,
they'll end up like the books here.

229
00:17:04,732 --> 00:17:07,276
Is shredding them
really the only thing we can do?

230
00:17:09,362 --> 00:17:10,821
There's nothing wrong with this.

231
00:17:11,531 --> 00:17:14,075
We can't keep storing books
that don't sell.

232
00:17:14,158 --> 00:17:15,451
It costs money.

233
00:17:16,035 --> 00:17:19,455
This book was returned from a bookstore.
People damaged it while reading it.

234
00:17:22,500 --> 00:17:24,210
More than half of the books

235
00:17:24,293 --> 00:17:26,170
returned from bookstores are damaged,

236
00:17:26,254 --> 00:17:29,048
and the publishers
have to deal with the losses.

237
00:17:44,981 --> 00:17:46,774
<i>A ton of work
went into making those books.</i>

238
00:17:49,110 --> 00:17:50,820
<i>It was a self-help book,</i>

239
00:17:50,903 --> 00:17:52,238
<i>but I wanted to touch the readers.</i>

240
00:17:55,950 --> 00:17:57,868
<i>JOYS AND SORROWS OF WORK</i>

241
00:18:04,750 --> 00:18:06,002
<i>JOYS AND SORROWS OF WORK</i>

242
00:18:11,299 --> 00:18:14,802
I can smell it.
It is the smell of a best seller.

243
00:18:14,885 --> 00:18:17,013
Do you have to do that
with every new book?

244
00:18:17,096 --> 00:18:18,639
For the rest of my life, until I die.

245
00:18:18,723 --> 00:18:20,099
Do you want to try it?

246
00:18:20,474 --> 00:18:21,309
No, thanks.

247
00:18:23,019 --> 00:18:25,146
This book didn't exist in the world
until yesterday.

248
00:18:25,563 --> 00:18:27,815
It unveiled itself before us just now.

249
00:18:28,316 --> 00:18:30,151
How fascinating is it?

250
00:18:30,234 --> 00:18:31,777
Look at this beauty.

251
00:18:32,737 --> 00:18:33,988
We made this.

252
00:18:39,619 --> 00:18:40,828
<i>Joys and Sorrows of Work.</i>

253
00:18:41,579 --> 00:18:42,705
<i>First edition.</i>

254
00:18:43,164 --> 00:18:44,373
<i>Written by Im Seong-mok.</i>

255
00:18:44,624 --> 00:18:45,708
<i>Published by Kim Jae-min.</i>

256
00:18:46,208 --> 00:18:47,960
<i>Cha Eun-ho and Bong Ji-hong
in Editorial Team.</i>

257
00:18:48,336 --> 00:18:50,338
<i>Go Yu-seon and Seo Yeong-a
in Marketing Team.</i>

258
00:18:51,756 --> 00:18:54,425
<i>No book comes into the world on its own.</i>

259
00:18:55,635 --> 00:18:56,761
<i>A book contains</i>

260
00:18:56,844 --> 00:18:58,262
-<i>the names and hearts</i>
-Thank you.

261
00:18:58,471 --> 00:19:01,265
<i>of many people who work hard
behind the scenes.</i>

262
00:19:02,725 --> 00:19:04,977
AUTHOR MIN YEONG-HAN
ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

263
00:19:05,561 --> 00:19:06,604
Excuse me.

264
00:19:07,146 --> 00:19:08,022
Could you...

265
00:19:08,773 --> 00:19:09,857
Excuse me...

266
00:19:10,608 --> 00:19:13,235
My gosh. Could you take this off, please?
Excuse me!

267
00:19:22,078 --> 00:19:23,162
Did you read the article?

268
00:19:31,504 --> 00:19:33,506
<i>THE BLUE NIGHT AT THE EQUATOR</i>

269
00:19:35,341 --> 00:19:37,343
Why are you here?
We didn't call you on purpose.

270
00:19:37,968 --> 00:19:40,554
It's Sunday. You young people
should be out on a date.

271
00:19:40,638 --> 00:19:42,014
I had nothing else to do anyway.

272
00:19:42,098 --> 00:19:43,432
I did have a date.

273
00:19:43,516 --> 00:19:47,061
-It's your fault if I get dumped.
-Really? Then I'll marry you.

274
00:19:47,645 --> 00:19:50,064
Girls, do you want Uncle Eun-ho
to be your stepmom?

275
00:19:50,147 --> 00:19:51,482
-We'd love that!
-We'd love that!

276
00:19:51,982 --> 00:19:52,942
Hi, girls.

277
00:19:53,025 --> 00:19:55,778
Mr. Kim came from the amusement park.

278
00:20:11,585 --> 00:20:12,503
Girls.

279
00:20:12,878 --> 00:20:15,840
This was going to be our next new release,

280
00:20:15,923 --> 00:20:18,592
but the author did something bad,

281
00:20:18,676 --> 00:20:20,136
so we can no longer sell his book.

282
00:20:20,553 --> 00:20:21,971
That's why we have to take this out.

283
00:20:24,223 --> 00:20:26,642
My daughter, what does your dad do?

284
00:20:27,143 --> 00:20:28,018
You make books.

285
00:20:28,102 --> 00:20:29,228
Correct.

286
00:20:29,395 --> 00:20:31,772
My little one, what's your dad's dream?

287
00:20:32,606 --> 00:20:34,066
Making sure the books you made

288
00:20:34,150 --> 00:20:36,110
are read by everyone in the world.

289
00:20:36,193 --> 00:20:37,778
That's right.

290
00:20:38,571 --> 00:20:39,989
I'm sorry I ruined your Sunday

291
00:20:40,072 --> 00:20:41,532
because of something like this.

292
00:20:43,159 --> 00:20:44,785
I owe you guys an apology too.

293
00:20:44,869 --> 00:20:46,245
This is really stupid.

294
00:20:47,204 --> 00:20:48,748
There is no need to be sorry.

295
00:20:49,248 --> 00:20:51,125
<i>I liked Mr. Kim's faith.</i>

296
00:20:52,042 --> 00:20:53,919
<i>The faith that, if we do our best</i>

297
00:20:54,587 --> 00:20:57,006
<i>even in the littlest things,
the readers will read more books.</i>

298
00:20:57,840 --> 00:21:00,926
<i>And the faith that the one book</i>

299
00:21:01,010 --> 00:21:02,762
<i>may change someone's life.</i>

300
00:21:04,680 --> 00:21:07,767
<i>THE BLUE NIGHT AT THE EQUATOR</i>

301
00:21:08,434 --> 00:21:10,227
Can't we sell the books
at a cheaper price?

302
00:21:10,311 --> 00:21:11,687
How about 50 percent off?

303
00:21:11,771 --> 00:21:13,105
I think people will buy them.

304
00:21:13,189 --> 00:21:16,108
No, there's a fixed book price system.
So there's a limit on discount rates.

305
00:21:16,192 --> 00:21:18,319
Wouldn't donating them be an option?

306
00:21:18,402 --> 00:21:20,070
Books returned from bookstores

307
00:21:20,154 --> 00:21:21,822
can neither be sold nor donated.

308
00:21:21,906 --> 00:21:24,283
If the ones we donated
are sold at secondhand stores,

309
00:21:24,366 --> 00:21:25,785
our sales will be impeded.

310
00:21:26,368 --> 00:21:29,914
If we scrap them like this,
at least we'll get paid for the paper.

311
00:21:30,581 --> 00:21:31,916
You're from Gyeoroo, right?

312
00:21:31,999 --> 00:21:33,459
We've tallied up your total.

313
00:21:36,962 --> 00:21:38,088
It's so thin.

314
00:21:38,172 --> 00:21:39,840
It must be a check.

315
00:21:52,770 --> 00:21:54,772
<i>We got rid of two truckloads of books.</i>

316
00:21:55,439 --> 00:21:57,650
<i>The money we earned
from shredding thousands of books</i>

317
00:21:58,234 --> 00:22:01,695
<i>was barely enough
to buy 30 books at the most.</i>

318
00:22:07,785 --> 00:22:10,204
<i>JOYS AND SORROWS OF WORK</i>

319
00:22:13,541 --> 00:22:15,793
<i>JOYS AND SORROWS OF WORK</i>

320
00:22:36,146 --> 00:22:37,398
We can do this!

321
00:22:50,411 --> 00:22:52,705
<i>These books aren't gone for good.</i>

322
00:22:53,414 --> 00:22:55,958
<i>After being torn to pieces,</i>

323
00:22:56,041 --> 00:22:57,209
<i>they become paper again.</i>

324
00:22:57,751 --> 00:23:00,004
<i>Then through our hands,</i>

325
00:23:00,087 --> 00:23:01,839
<i>they'll be born again as new books.</i>

326
00:23:03,549 --> 00:23:05,259
I want to eat pork.

327
00:23:05,926 --> 00:23:07,428
Sounds good.

328
00:23:08,470 --> 00:23:09,430
Yes, Mr. Kim.

329
00:23:10,764 --> 00:23:11,890
I'm at the print shop now.

330
00:23:12,600 --> 00:23:14,935
I'm on my way back
after showing them the shredding process.

331
00:23:15,978 --> 00:23:17,563
So that's where you went.

332
00:23:18,814 --> 00:23:20,733
I could never go there
because it breaks my heart.

333
00:23:22,776 --> 00:23:24,194
That's all money, you know!

334
00:23:24,278 --> 00:23:26,238
Our money has turned into dust!

335
00:23:28,949 --> 00:23:29,950
It's just so upsetting.

336
00:23:35,289 --> 00:23:37,791
Mr. Cha. Can you open the door?

337
00:23:41,462 --> 00:23:42,588
Hey, it's Ms. Song.

338
00:23:45,716 --> 00:23:46,925
-Hello.
-Hello.

339
00:23:49,595 --> 00:23:51,555
-Let's get off work together.
-Oh, okay.

340
00:23:51,889 --> 00:23:52,931
Hey, Dan-i!

341
00:23:53,015 --> 00:23:54,808
Well, I just wanted to see
what was inside.

342
00:23:57,019 --> 00:23:58,687
-It's time to get off work.
-Yes.

343
00:23:59,271 --> 00:24:01,482
My mom made some kimchi
and she wants you to take some.

344
00:24:02,524 --> 00:24:03,817
Can any one of you drive?

345
00:24:03,901 --> 00:24:05,944
-I can drive.
-Then please drive this back to

346
00:24:06,028 --> 00:24:07,571
the company before you get off work.

347
00:24:07,905 --> 00:24:09,406
I'll see all of you tomorrow.

348
00:24:13,077 --> 00:24:14,286
Get in.

349
00:24:14,370 --> 00:24:16,330
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

350
00:24:18,707 --> 00:24:21,335
Do you think they're dating?

351
00:24:21,752 --> 00:24:22,836
Who?

352
00:24:22,920 --> 00:24:25,297
Who do you think?
I'm talking about Mr. Cha and Ms. Song.

353
00:24:25,381 --> 00:24:27,716
I think they're more than just colleagues.

354
00:24:27,800 --> 00:24:30,177
Right, Dan-i?
You felt something, didn't you?

355
00:24:30,552 --> 00:24:33,597
She drove a company car all the way there
to get off work with him.

356
00:24:33,681 --> 00:24:35,349
And her family even gives him kimchi.

357
00:24:35,432 --> 00:24:37,017
On top of that, she's usually so cold,

358
00:24:37,101 --> 00:24:38,977
but she smiles so brightly
in front of Mr. Cha.

359
00:24:39,561 --> 00:24:41,772
I can totally sense something. Am I right?

360
00:24:42,856 --> 00:24:44,274
-I'm not sure.
-You're wrong.

361
00:24:44,358 --> 00:24:46,360
I'm usually really quick-witted.

362
00:24:48,070 --> 00:24:50,864
Wait a minute.
I don't think that's the problem here.

363
00:24:50,948 --> 00:24:53,492
Are you sure our car is going at
the right speed?

364
00:24:53,575 --> 00:24:55,452
Why does it feel so slow?

365
00:25:00,916 --> 00:25:02,334
-What?
-Drive properly!

366
00:25:02,418 --> 00:25:03,752
What's wrong?

367
00:25:05,629 --> 00:25:07,798
My gosh, what's his problem?

368
00:25:07,881 --> 00:25:10,175
-Goodness.
-I'm so scared.

369
00:25:10,759 --> 00:25:12,052
Why did you say you can drive?

370
00:25:12,136 --> 00:25:13,762
"I can drive."

371
00:25:13,846 --> 00:25:15,139
This is so scary!

372
00:25:15,222 --> 00:25:16,557
Will you please be quiet?

373
00:25:16,849 --> 00:25:18,976
Did you get a driver's license
pretty recently?

374
00:25:19,059 --> 00:25:20,728
Yes, I got it yesterday.

375
00:25:20,811 --> 00:25:23,439
A marketer needs to be mobile,
so driving is a must.

376
00:25:30,070 --> 00:25:31,572
That truck is so huge!

377
00:25:35,075 --> 00:25:36,243
Drive properly!

378
00:25:36,326 --> 00:25:38,203
Gosh, you startled me. Please be quiet.

379
00:25:43,083 --> 00:25:45,294
I thought about bringing the kimchi
to work tomorrow.

380
00:25:45,377 --> 00:25:47,880
But I was at the logistics center,
so I dropped by just in case.

381
00:25:48,130 --> 00:25:50,299
I'm glad you did.
I'm running out of kimchi anyway.

382
00:25:51,341 --> 00:25:54,970
Hey, I looked into Ji Seo-jun,
the designer you mentioned.

383
00:25:55,053 --> 00:25:55,888
Really?

384
00:25:55,971 --> 00:25:57,431
He's 29 years old.

385
00:25:57,514 --> 00:26:00,225
Since the start of his career,
he's only been working with Wolmyeong.

386
00:26:00,893 --> 00:26:02,352
But do you know what's interesting?

387
00:26:02,686 --> 00:26:04,021
He majored in Korean literature.

388
00:26:04,605 --> 00:26:06,565
Is there a reason why
he only works with Wolmyeong?

389
00:26:07,149 --> 00:26:10,194
I tried to look into it,
and there was just one interview.

390
00:26:10,360 --> 00:26:11,403
Just a second.

391
00:26:13,071 --> 00:26:14,406
Isn't he handsome?

392
00:26:14,490 --> 00:26:17,534
AFTER MEETING JI SEO-JUN,
THE BOOK DESIGNER

393
00:26:19,828 --> 00:26:21,413
I guess you work in publishing.

394
00:26:21,955 --> 00:26:23,290
They were all published

395
00:26:23,373 --> 00:26:24,458
by Gyeoroo Publishing.

396
00:26:27,044 --> 00:26:28,545
Gosh, why does it have to be him?

397
00:26:29,463 --> 00:26:32,549
I asked the chief editor in Wolmyeong
for his phone number.

398
00:26:32,633 --> 00:26:34,384
I'll text it to you right now.

399
00:26:35,344 --> 00:26:36,887
SONG HAE-RIN
JI SEO-JUN'S NUMBER

400
00:27:14,967 --> 00:27:16,718
Try to change to the lane
on the left side.

401
00:27:16,802 --> 00:27:19,346
I can't take my hands off
the driving wheel.

402
00:27:19,429 --> 00:27:21,348
The blinker.
Ji-yul, can you turn on the blinker?

403
00:27:21,431 --> 00:27:22,766
What's the blinker?

404
00:27:24,142 --> 00:27:25,352
-Is it this one?
-Hey.

405
00:27:25,435 --> 00:27:27,437
Stop that. Hurry up and turn it off.

406
00:27:27,521 --> 00:27:28,897
What did I do?

407
00:27:28,981 --> 00:27:30,524
-What are you doing right now?
-Goodness.

408
00:27:30,607 --> 00:27:31,692
-What's wrong?
-Seriously.

409
00:27:32,693 --> 00:27:35,404
Goodness, we're driving past the sign.

410
00:27:35,487 --> 00:27:38,490
Oh, gosh. We missed it.

411
00:27:39,074 --> 00:27:40,325
-What now?
-Don't blame it on me.

412
00:27:40,450 --> 00:27:42,494
You guys, just calm down.

413
00:27:42,578 --> 00:27:44,079
Hoon, pull over.

414
00:27:44,162 --> 00:27:46,164
If I had known how,
I would've done it already.

415
00:27:46,290 --> 00:27:48,083
Let's just go all the way to Busan.

416
00:27:49,209 --> 00:27:50,335
Let go of the wheel.

417
00:27:50,961 --> 00:27:52,421
Take your hands off the wheel.

418
00:27:56,049 --> 00:27:57,676
Okay, stay calm.

419
00:27:57,759 --> 00:27:58,844
Slowly step on the brake.

420
00:28:15,527 --> 00:28:17,154
I guess this is how
you build your courage.

421
00:28:17,654 --> 00:28:21,241
Dan-i, do you have a driver's license?

422
00:28:21,742 --> 00:28:22,743
Yes.

423
00:28:23,243 --> 00:28:24,453
But I need to renew it.

424
00:28:25,245 --> 00:28:28,916
How are we going to get home?

425
00:28:29,625 --> 00:28:31,043
My mom's calling me.

426
00:28:31,126 --> 00:28:33,462
I promised I'd go on a blind date today.

427
00:28:33,837 --> 00:28:34,880
I'm sorry.

428
00:28:35,297 --> 00:28:38,508
You're going on a blind date?
You just broke up with your boyfriend.

429
00:28:38,592 --> 00:28:40,093
Are you desperate to get married?

430
00:28:40,177 --> 00:28:41,428
Who says I'm getting married?

431
00:28:41,511 --> 00:28:43,388
It's just a date
where we eat and drink coffee.

432
00:28:43,472 --> 00:28:45,807
People go on blind dates
because they want to get married.

433
00:28:45,891 --> 00:28:48,185
I go on blind dates
so I can get an allowance from my mom.

434
00:28:48,685 --> 00:28:51,647
Okay, fine. I'll make sure
you get that allowance.

435
00:28:51,897 --> 00:28:52,731
Are you happy now?

436
00:28:53,315 --> 00:28:54,608
Brace yourselves.

437
00:28:54,691 --> 00:28:56,193
-I'll start driving again.
-Hey!

438
00:28:56,276 --> 00:28:57,903
Don't drive! What are you talking about?

439
00:28:57,986 --> 00:28:59,529
I'll just take the bus home.

440
00:28:59,613 --> 00:29:02,115
Gosh, then... Then what about me?

441
00:29:02,449 --> 00:29:04,284
Can we just leave the car here?

442
00:29:04,368 --> 00:29:05,369
Don't drive.

443
00:29:16,046 --> 00:29:17,798
-Do you want some music?
-Forget it.

444
00:29:20,133 --> 00:29:21,635
Driving is a piece of cake.

445
00:29:22,844 --> 00:29:24,221
I can even drive with my feet now.

446
00:29:30,852 --> 00:29:33,480
<i>Driving is a piece of cake</i>

447
00:29:43,657 --> 00:29:44,574
Goodbye.

448
00:29:44,658 --> 00:29:46,076
-We enjoyed the food.
-Thank you.

449
00:29:46,827 --> 00:29:49,329
SUNHA DUMPLINGS

450
00:29:51,707 --> 00:29:53,458
Look who's here. It's Mr. Cha.

451
00:29:53,542 --> 00:29:54,626
Have you been well?

452
00:29:55,210 --> 00:29:58,088
Mom, is he the only person you can see?
Am I invisible to you?

453
00:29:58,171 --> 00:29:59,256
You're not invisible.

454
00:29:59,339 --> 00:30:01,633
I saw the two of you together as a couple.

455
00:30:02,884 --> 00:30:04,594
It's cold. Come inside.

456
00:30:04,678 --> 00:30:05,637
Let's go in.

457
00:30:09,099 --> 00:30:10,809
-Honey.
-Hey, you're here.

458
00:30:11,518 --> 00:30:12,602
Hello.

459
00:30:13,729 --> 00:30:14,604
Sit here.

460
00:30:17,274 --> 00:30:20,110
I can't believe there is a table left
among all the customers.

461
00:30:20,193 --> 00:30:22,195
I guess the whole universe knew
you guys were coming.

462
00:30:23,613 --> 00:30:24,906
Just wait a little bit.

463
00:30:24,990 --> 00:30:27,326
I'll go bring your favorite menu.

464
00:30:27,409 --> 00:30:29,578
-It's half meat and half kimchi, right?
-Yes.

465
00:30:35,125 --> 00:30:36,460
Gosh, there are so many customers.

466
00:30:36,960 --> 00:30:39,379
Aren't we being a nuisance
by coming when they're busy?

467
00:30:39,463 --> 00:30:40,464
Goodness.

468
00:30:40,547 --> 00:30:42,883
Did you not see the smile
on my mom's face earlier?

469
00:30:43,216 --> 00:30:44,718
I think she likes you more than me.

470
00:30:45,844 --> 00:30:46,970
That's impossible.

471
00:30:47,054 --> 00:30:49,097
She's being nice to me
so that I'll be nice to you.

472
00:30:51,892 --> 00:30:53,560
Can we have some more kimchi, please?

473
00:30:53,643 --> 00:30:54,728
Honey.

474
00:30:57,939 --> 00:30:59,066
Just a second.

475
00:31:12,037 --> 00:31:14,122
My mom made some kimchi
and she wants you to take some.

476
00:31:22,506 --> 00:31:25,133
<i>I found a bra in his house.</i>

477
00:31:26,802 --> 00:31:28,970
<i>He put that bra in a shopping bag.</i>

478
00:31:32,182 --> 00:31:35,352
<i>And that shopping bag
was in Song Hae-rin's hands.</i>

479
00:31:38,772 --> 00:31:42,067
<i>Her mom gives him her homemade kimchi.</i>

480
00:31:42,150 --> 00:31:43,693
KIMCHI

481
00:31:44,403 --> 00:31:46,613
<i>That definitely means they're dating.</i>

482
00:31:47,781 --> 00:31:49,324
<i>Why weren't you picking up?</i>

483
00:31:49,408 --> 00:31:51,034
<i>I was busy getting dumped.</i>

484
00:31:51,118 --> 00:31:52,285
<i>Why?</i>

485
00:31:52,411 --> 00:31:53,453
<i>She's an odd one.</i>

486
00:31:53,537 --> 00:31:55,163
<i>Isn't she the one who left her bra behind?</i>

487
00:31:55,247 --> 00:31:56,957
<i>She says I don't know love.</i>

488
00:31:58,834 --> 00:32:00,836
<i>But he told me they broke up.</i>

489
00:32:01,920 --> 00:32:03,380
<i>Where did you go last night?</i>

490
00:32:04,548 --> 00:32:06,007
<i>Where the girl I like lives.</i>

491
00:32:06,758 --> 00:32:09,177
<i>They must've made up that night!</i>

492
00:32:09,803 --> 00:32:12,264
<i>That's why he went to get kimchi
from her parents.</i>

493
00:32:20,397 --> 00:32:22,315
KIMCHI

494
00:32:39,082 --> 00:32:40,417
What are you doing here?

495
00:32:41,001 --> 00:32:42,335
Where's your leash?

496
00:32:43,336 --> 00:32:44,838
Where's Mr. Umbrella?

497
00:32:49,259 --> 00:32:51,595
You shouldn't be
wandering around alone like this.

498
00:32:59,102 --> 00:33:00,520
Excuse me.

499
00:33:00,645 --> 00:33:02,564
Have you seen a big dog nearby?

500
00:33:02,981 --> 00:33:03,899
His leash came undone.

501
00:33:04,024 --> 00:33:05,984
No, we haven't seen a dog.
Have you seen one?

502
00:33:06,276 --> 00:33:07,569
No, we haven't seen one.

503
00:33:08,695 --> 00:33:09,779
Thank you.

504
00:33:12,032 --> 00:33:13,492
Gosh, where did he go?

505
00:33:17,412 --> 00:33:19,581
This is really expensive.

506
00:33:19,664 --> 00:33:21,458
A friend of mine bought it for me.

507
00:33:21,958 --> 00:33:23,919
But I'll lend it to you for now.

508
00:33:26,838 --> 00:33:29,132
I'll have to take you like this

509
00:33:29,341 --> 00:33:30,342
to your owner.

510
00:33:30,425 --> 00:33:31,551
Come on.

511
00:33:52,697 --> 00:33:53,532
How...

512
00:33:54,533 --> 00:33:55,575
That will be 200,000 won.

513
00:33:56,952 --> 00:33:58,828
I tied his leash in front
of a convenience store.

514
00:33:58,912 --> 00:34:01,331
But he was gone
when I came out with some <i>ramyeon</i>.

515
00:34:01,414 --> 00:34:03,500
So how are you going to pay your penalty?

516
00:34:05,377 --> 00:34:06,378
I don't know.

517
00:34:13,301 --> 00:34:14,928
But did you pay me back for the umbrella?

518
00:34:15,971 --> 00:34:17,514
I even found your shoes for you.

519
00:34:20,892 --> 00:34:22,435
But you haven't returned my umbrella.

520
00:34:30,402 --> 00:34:31,778
Did you think of a name for my dog?

521
00:34:34,573 --> 00:34:37,075
The three of us met
for the first time that day.

522
00:34:37,659 --> 00:34:39,869
I'm Green Onions. You're Umbrella.

523
00:34:39,953 --> 00:34:41,329
Then what does that make

524
00:34:41,913 --> 00:34:42,747
your dog?

525
00:34:45,083 --> 00:34:45,917
Shoes?

526
00:34:48,336 --> 00:34:49,629
Is that too weird?

527
00:34:50,297 --> 00:34:51,840
We met on a rainy day.

528
00:34:52,674 --> 00:34:54,009
Then...

529
00:34:55,510 --> 00:34:57,095
-"<i>Bi</i>" as in rain?
-How about Geum-bi?

530
00:34:57,929 --> 00:34:58,930
That sounds nice.

531
00:34:59,848 --> 00:35:01,141
What do you think?

532
00:35:02,225 --> 00:35:03,977
Do you like the name "Geum-bi" as well?

533
00:35:06,146 --> 00:35:07,814
Do you want to wait here for a moment?

534
00:35:07,897 --> 00:35:09,274
I'll go get your umbrella.

535
00:35:09,858 --> 00:35:11,109
It'll take five... No.

536
00:35:11,192 --> 00:35:12,527
It'll only take ten minutes.

537
00:35:12,944 --> 00:35:14,195
Instead of doing that,

538
00:35:14,779 --> 00:35:17,198
how about we eat <i>ramyeon</i> together
if you haven't eaten yet?

539
00:35:18,366 --> 00:35:19,576
I'll add green onions.

540
00:35:23,872 --> 00:35:24,706
SUNHA DUMPLINGS

541
00:35:24,789 --> 00:35:25,957
<i>Here you go.</i>

542
00:35:27,667 --> 00:35:28,960
Thank you for the kimchi.

543
00:35:29,044 --> 00:35:30,629
Don't mention it.

544
00:35:30,712 --> 00:35:32,505
We always have more than enough kimchi.

545
00:35:32,589 --> 00:35:34,049
So don't feel pressured.

546
00:35:35,175 --> 00:35:36,551
I should also give him dumplings.

547
00:35:36,635 --> 00:35:38,053
-Gosh, Mom.
-Enough.

548
00:35:39,512 --> 00:35:41,473
I'll come again next time for
the dumplings.

549
00:35:42,682 --> 00:35:44,267
-Let's go.
-Okay.

550
00:35:44,351 --> 00:35:45,644
-I'll see him off.
-Okay.

551
00:35:45,727 --> 00:35:47,145
-I'll be off now.
-Come again.

552
00:35:47,228 --> 00:35:48,063
Okay.

553
00:35:48,730 --> 00:35:49,773
We'll be waiting.

554
00:35:52,776 --> 00:35:54,235
My mom's really silly, isn't she?

555
00:35:57,072 --> 00:35:59,240
You still have a long way to go
to become an adult.

556
00:35:59,908 --> 00:36:01,868
You're making me feel bad
that I don't have a mom.

557
00:36:05,038 --> 00:36:05,997
Oh, I forgot.

558
00:36:06,665 --> 00:36:09,334
I like visiting your mom
because she reminds me of my mom.

559
00:36:10,543 --> 00:36:13,254
Although my mom was never
the warm-hearted type.

560
00:36:23,431 --> 00:36:24,933
<i>Don't come over when you're drunk.</i>

561
00:36:25,016 --> 00:36:26,017
<i>You can't anymore.</i>

562
00:36:26,101 --> 00:36:27,686
<i>I live with a woman now, so you can't.</i>

563
00:36:35,276 --> 00:36:36,403
Thank you. Goodbye.

564
00:36:37,112 --> 00:36:38,822
You should come again with your friends!

565
00:36:38,905 --> 00:36:40,031
We'll give you extra food.

566
00:36:40,115 --> 00:36:40,990
Thank you.

567
00:36:41,658 --> 00:36:43,868
BAEKILMONG PORK CUTLET

568
00:36:45,078 --> 00:36:46,121
What's wrong?

569
00:36:47,122 --> 00:36:48,164
You should go.

570
00:36:49,290 --> 00:36:50,417
Do you know him?

571
00:36:50,583 --> 00:36:53,837
-No, I'm going to have some pork cutlets.
-What?

572
00:36:56,923 --> 00:36:58,216
Okay, I'll go.

573
00:36:58,299 --> 00:37:00,468
Get home safely. I'll see you tomorrow.

574
00:37:05,265 --> 00:37:09,602
BAEKILMONG PORK CUTLET

575
00:37:11,896 --> 00:37:13,523
<i>He's not here now.</i>

576
00:37:14,607 --> 00:37:15,859
He went abroad with a woman,

577
00:37:16,735 --> 00:37:17,861
and he won't come back.

578
00:37:27,036 --> 00:37:27,871
Welcome.

579
00:37:31,958 --> 00:37:32,792
Eun-ho.

580
00:37:33,752 --> 00:37:34,961
Who is he, honey?

581
00:37:35,503 --> 00:37:37,380
Honey, you should...

582
00:37:37,464 --> 00:37:38,673
Follow me.

583
00:37:39,424 --> 00:37:41,676
You should go over to the corner
and stay there.

584
00:37:41,760 --> 00:37:43,970
-Who is he?
-Just stay seated.

585
00:37:46,014 --> 00:37:47,015
Eun-ho.

586
00:37:48,391 --> 00:37:49,642
Eun-ho.

587
00:37:50,059 --> 00:37:51,728
Eun-ho, it's cold. Why...

588
00:37:51,811 --> 00:37:53,313
Let me explain.

589
00:37:53,396 --> 00:37:54,606
I'll explain everything.

590
00:37:54,689 --> 00:37:57,358
Do you think this is something
you can calmly explain?

591
00:37:57,442 --> 00:37:59,068
-Are you joking with me?
-What?

592
00:37:59,152 --> 00:38:00,862
Why would I joke with you?

593
00:38:00,945 --> 00:38:02,530
I'm not joking with you. I'm not.

594
00:38:03,031 --> 00:38:05,241
I'll explain what happened.

595
00:38:05,325 --> 00:38:06,910
You already know it's all bullshit.

596
00:38:06,993 --> 00:38:08,411
Eun-ho, wait. Gosh, wait!

597
00:38:08,953 --> 00:38:11,164
Hey! Will you please... Stop it!

598
00:38:11,247 --> 00:38:12,457
She's pregnant!

599
00:38:14,501 --> 00:38:15,502
Hey!

600
00:38:21,090 --> 00:38:21,925
Just one punch.

601
00:38:22,926 --> 00:38:24,427
Let me hit you just once, Dong-min.

602
00:38:24,511 --> 00:38:25,386
Eun-ho!

603
00:38:25,470 --> 00:38:27,972
How dare you talk to me like that?

604
00:38:28,097 --> 00:38:30,600
It's not like you're Dan-i's real brother.

605
00:38:30,683 --> 00:38:32,769
It's all in the past.
What do you want from me?

606
00:38:34,562 --> 00:38:35,563
Wait.

607
00:38:36,147 --> 00:38:37,816
Wait. Eun-ho!

608
00:38:38,274 --> 00:38:39,192
Honey!

609
00:38:39,275 --> 00:38:40,527
CLOSED EARLY
I'M SORRY

610
00:38:40,610 --> 00:38:41,903
<i>How much does Dan-i know?</i>

611
00:38:44,781 --> 00:38:46,866
She knows I was seeing another woman.

612
00:38:47,700 --> 00:38:49,702
The pregnancy was kept a secret though.

613
00:38:51,037 --> 00:38:52,163
Then going to Canada...

614
00:38:52,664 --> 00:38:54,624
Must I say all of it?

615
00:38:54,707 --> 00:38:59,212
What good would it do if Dan-i
finds out I'm living here like this?

616
00:39:01,548 --> 00:39:02,882
Are you kidding me?

617
00:39:03,383 --> 00:39:04,801
Do you know what she...

618
00:39:06,344 --> 00:39:07,178
Give me your phone.

619
00:39:07,262 --> 00:39:09,514
What do you want with my phone?

620
00:39:23,069 --> 00:39:24,946
This is my number, so answer when I call.

621
00:39:25,530 --> 00:39:27,782
We have nothing to talk about.

622
00:39:27,866 --> 00:39:29,325
Send Dan-i an e-mail.

623
00:39:29,826 --> 00:39:31,578
Apologize and say that things were hectic.

624
00:39:32,161 --> 00:39:33,538
Okay. Is that it?

625
00:39:33,621 --> 00:39:34,664
I'll say I'm in Canada too.

626
00:39:34,747 --> 00:39:36,416
I'll text you her account number.

627
00:39:36,499 --> 00:39:39,252
-Send her child support and alimony.
-What?

628
00:39:39,878 --> 00:39:41,921
Hold on. This diner isn't ours.

629
00:39:42,005 --> 00:39:43,548
My parents own the place.

630
00:39:46,259 --> 00:39:47,719
Just be quiet.

631
00:39:49,888 --> 00:39:50,847
All right.

632
00:39:51,139 --> 00:39:53,474
I can send child support
since she's my daughter too.

633
00:39:53,558 --> 00:39:55,768
About the alimony though...

634
00:39:55,852 --> 00:39:58,771
We sorted out the details
when we got divorced.

635
00:39:58,855 --> 00:40:01,024
Send the money
if you don't want to see me every day.

636
00:40:03,276 --> 00:40:04,277
Should I become a regular?

637
00:40:04,360 --> 00:40:05,862
-Should I come tomorrow too?
-How much?

638
00:40:05,945 --> 00:40:08,156
How much do you want me to send her?

639
00:40:10,199 --> 00:40:11,492
Honey, that hurts.

640
00:40:18,791 --> 00:40:20,835
<i>I've already told you that
I lost my house.</i>

641
00:40:21,502 --> 00:40:22,587
They were going to

642
00:40:22,670 --> 00:40:24,923
demolish the house,
so I lived there secretly

643
00:40:25,006 --> 00:40:26,799
without water and electricity.

644
00:40:29,928 --> 00:40:33,306
<i>I have shed enough tears for a whole year.</i>

645
00:40:34,390 --> 00:40:36,476
One thing all those tears have taught me

646
00:40:36,726 --> 00:40:37,894
is the fact that

647
00:40:39,187 --> 00:40:41,648
crying doesn't solve anything.

648
00:40:43,483 --> 00:40:44,442
What an idiot.

649
00:40:52,075 --> 00:40:53,117
It looks good.

650
00:40:54,118 --> 00:40:56,079
-Please enjoy.
-Thank you.

651
00:41:09,133 --> 00:41:10,093
Dan-i.

652
00:41:11,511 --> 00:41:12,553
Are you home?

653
00:41:36,119 --> 00:41:38,371
FIRST PAYCHECK
GIFT FOR JAE-HUI AND EUN-HO

654
00:41:47,922 --> 00:41:50,383
Why did she buy new ones?
She only uses samples anyway.

655
00:42:22,373 --> 00:42:27,211
BANKBOOK
KANG DAN-I

656
00:42:45,813 --> 00:42:46,939
I haven't finished it yet.

657
00:42:47,940 --> 00:42:50,193
Can I have it once it's finished?

658
00:42:50,359 --> 00:42:51,194
Sure.

659
00:42:51,778 --> 00:42:52,820
Have some tea.

660
00:43:04,791 --> 00:43:07,085
I have a digital lock on one of my doors.

661
00:43:07,668 --> 00:43:08,586
You must find it weird.

662
00:43:10,046 --> 00:43:11,339
I'm sure there's a reason.

663
00:43:11,672 --> 00:43:13,424
We all have our own reasons
for everything.

664
00:43:16,302 --> 00:43:18,262
Others find it weird though.

665
00:43:20,515 --> 00:43:22,809
I find you amusing, Ms. Green Onions.

666
00:43:23,935 --> 00:43:24,977
Well...

667
00:43:25,353 --> 00:43:26,562
You haven't even asked my name.

668
00:43:26,646 --> 00:43:28,773
Don't people start with those questions?

669
00:43:28,856 --> 00:43:30,149
Age, name, occupation.

670
00:43:30,233 --> 00:43:31,359
Probably in that order.

671
00:43:31,442 --> 00:43:32,860
Then I'll have to answer them too.

672
00:43:34,237 --> 00:43:35,613
Age, name, occupation.

673
00:43:35,947 --> 00:43:37,073
Which one?

674
00:43:38,324 --> 00:43:39,408
All questions are banned.

675
00:43:41,160 --> 00:43:42,078
That's a cute one.

676
00:43:43,079 --> 00:43:44,914
Those three questions aren't the problem.

677
00:43:45,289 --> 00:43:47,083
After getting answers
to those three questions,

678
00:43:47,250 --> 00:43:49,418
people just seem to want to know more.

679
00:43:50,670 --> 00:43:53,047
I'm just saying,
the story of my life isn't that simple.

680
00:43:55,299 --> 00:43:56,509
It did seem that way.

681
00:43:57,260 --> 00:43:59,137
You were barefooted
and you had green onions

682
00:43:59,428 --> 00:44:00,388
with no umbrella.

683
00:44:00,847 --> 00:44:01,973
You were even drinking soju

684
00:44:02,056 --> 00:44:03,391
on the first day we met.

685
00:44:05,309 --> 00:44:06,811
Ms. Green Onions and Mr. Umbrella.

686
00:44:07,478 --> 00:44:08,771
How nice is that?

687
00:44:08,855 --> 00:44:11,399
We're like neighborhood friends.

688
00:44:12,108 --> 00:44:13,651
Yes, I like that too.

689
00:44:14,152 --> 00:44:16,529
We can play badminton on weekends.

690
00:44:16,612 --> 00:44:17,822
And eat <i>ramyeon</i> on rainy days.

691
00:44:17,905 --> 00:44:19,490
It should be green onion pancakes.

692
00:44:21,242 --> 00:44:23,619
If you go on a trip or something,
I'll look after Geum-bi too.

693
00:44:24,203 --> 00:44:25,580
-Really?
-Yes.

694
00:44:26,205 --> 00:44:27,665
-Are you sure?
-Yes.

695
00:44:28,374 --> 00:44:29,375
Nice.

696
00:44:30,793 --> 00:44:31,711
Yes, nice.

697
00:44:37,091 --> 00:44:38,467
Eun-ho, I'm home.

698
00:44:40,720 --> 00:44:41,721
Where were you?

699
00:44:44,098 --> 00:44:45,141
Lights.

700
00:44:48,352 --> 00:44:49,562
Slippers.

701
00:44:56,569 --> 00:44:58,696
I bet you didn't put away the hair dryer.

702
00:44:59,447 --> 00:45:00,656
Did I?

703
00:45:02,450 --> 00:45:03,868
-It's good.
-Right?

704
00:45:08,039 --> 00:45:11,125
-Do you go there often?
-Yes, Hae-rin's parents adore me.

705
00:45:11,459 --> 00:45:14,795
They should see
just how lazy you are at home.

706
00:45:17,632 --> 00:45:18,883
Where were you this evening?

707
00:45:18,966 --> 00:45:19,884
Did you have dinner?

708
00:45:19,967 --> 00:45:21,719
Yes, I was with a neighborhood friend.

709
00:45:24,805 --> 00:45:27,391
He's someone I ran into recently.

710
00:45:27,475 --> 00:45:28,935
What does he do?

711
00:45:30,186 --> 00:45:32,438
You had dinner with someone
you don't know about?

712
00:45:32,521 --> 00:45:33,731
I don't even know his name.

713
00:45:33,814 --> 00:45:36,108
I call him Mr. Umbrella
and he calls me Ms. Green Onions.

714
00:45:36,192 --> 00:45:37,485
That's so childish.

715
00:45:37,693 --> 00:45:39,528
Anyway, I had <i>ramyeon</i> at his place.

716
00:45:40,112 --> 00:45:41,447
What? What did you say?

717
00:45:42,031 --> 00:45:44,075
You went to the house
of a man you barely know?

718
00:45:44,158 --> 00:45:45,493
Why? Can't I?

719
00:45:45,576 --> 00:45:48,537
Don't you know what eating <i>ramyeon</i> means?

720
00:45:48,621 --> 00:45:50,456
Yoo Ji-tae said it

721
00:45:50,539 --> 00:45:51,999
to Lee Young-ae

722
00:45:52,083 --> 00:45:53,459
in the movie <i>One Fine Spring Day</i>.

723
00:45:53,542 --> 00:45:55,586
She asked him,
"Would you like to stay for <i>ramyeon?"</i>

724
00:45:55,670 --> 00:45:56,587
and after that...

725
00:45:57,129 --> 00:45:57,964
Then what happened?

726
00:45:58,047 --> 00:45:59,256
They slept together.

727
00:46:00,758 --> 00:46:02,468
Yes, that's exactly it.

728
00:46:02,551 --> 00:46:04,178
It's a dangerous offer.

729
00:46:05,262 --> 00:46:06,597
I'm pissed, come to think of it.

730
00:46:06,681 --> 00:46:08,641
Right, he's a perverted freak.

731
00:46:09,141 --> 00:46:11,435
I can't believe we just ate <i>ramyeon</i>.

732
00:46:12,103 --> 00:46:12,937
Eun-ho.

733
00:46:13,646 --> 00:46:14,814
Am I not charming?

734
00:46:16,691 --> 00:46:17,984
Are you kidding me?

735
00:46:19,485 --> 00:46:20,695
You had better be careful.

736
00:46:21,028 --> 00:46:23,447
Also, at least
get his name and occupation.

737
00:46:23,531 --> 00:46:26,158
You know absolutely
nothing about this man,

738
00:46:26,242 --> 00:46:27,618
but how can he be a friend?

739
00:46:27,702 --> 00:46:29,120
It's a dangerous world, you know.

740
00:46:29,203 --> 00:46:31,497
What good comes out
of knowing someone so well?

741
00:46:31,580 --> 00:46:34,125
I just need one person
who fits that bill for me.

742
00:46:34,750 --> 00:46:37,294
Someone who I know well
and who knows me well in return.

743
00:46:37,586 --> 00:46:38,671
Just that one person.

744
00:46:40,589 --> 00:46:42,008
Brush your teeth, all right?

745
00:46:53,269 --> 00:46:54,103
Dan-i.

746
00:46:56,897 --> 00:46:57,815
That's me, isn't it?

747
00:46:59,233 --> 00:47:00,776
The one who knows you well.

748
00:47:02,361 --> 00:47:03,821
Who else could it be?

749
00:47:20,671 --> 00:47:22,548
<i>Until the end</i>

750
00:47:23,883 --> 00:47:24,925
<i>It's me</i>

751
00:47:25,676 --> 00:47:26,677
<i>It's me</i>

752
00:47:28,804 --> 00:47:29,805
<i>It's me</i>

753
00:48:31,367 --> 00:48:32,368
You're here early.

754
00:48:33,244 --> 00:48:34,453
Good morning, Ms. Seo.

755
00:48:37,456 --> 00:48:39,208
I see you're interested in marketing.

756
00:48:39,291 --> 00:48:40,584
That's what the books are about.

757
00:48:40,751 --> 00:48:42,503
Right, at an advertising agency...

758
00:48:43,462 --> 00:48:45,131
COPYWRITER FROM APRIL 2006 TO MAY 2012

759
00:48:45,548 --> 00:48:47,007
SH ADVERTISEMENT

760
00:48:47,091 --> 00:48:48,509
WORK EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE

761
00:48:52,179 --> 00:48:55,266
I worked part-time for a while.

762
00:48:56,350 --> 00:48:58,769
A long time ago when I was young.

763
00:49:01,814 --> 00:49:04,441
Time sure flies.

764
00:49:05,192 --> 00:49:06,402
There's a lot to learn,

765
00:49:06,986 --> 00:49:08,988
so I'm starting from the beginning.

766
00:49:11,157 --> 00:49:12,408
This book

767
00:49:12,741 --> 00:49:14,660
won't be of use
since it was published in 2003.

768
00:49:15,161 --> 00:49:18,164
This one only talks about
outdated strategies.

769
00:49:18,247 --> 00:49:21,041
The author wrote it halfheartedly
so reading it is a waste of time.

770
00:49:22,835 --> 00:49:23,669
Let me see.

771
00:49:27,006 --> 00:49:27,965
All right.

772
00:49:29,884 --> 00:49:32,845
Social media is dominating,
so you must know about online marketing.

773
00:49:34,013 --> 00:49:35,264
Thank you, Ms. Seo.

774
00:49:35,389 --> 00:49:36,765
Finish this book and come to me.

775
00:49:36,849 --> 00:49:38,100
I'll recommend some more.

776
00:49:38,684 --> 00:49:39,768
All right.

777
00:49:39,852 --> 00:49:40,853
Thank you.

778
00:49:56,619 --> 00:49:59,830
Is our chief editor
working outside of the office today?

779
00:50:00,664 --> 00:50:02,625
He went to meet Mr. Ji Seo-jun.

780
00:50:03,209 --> 00:50:04,084
Really?

781
00:50:06,503 --> 00:50:08,547
President Kim went with him.

782
00:50:09,173 --> 00:50:10,049
Why would he?

783
00:50:10,841 --> 00:50:13,135
Mr. Cha will have a better chance
if he goes alone.

784
00:50:14,845 --> 00:50:16,972
You've got to be kidding me.

785
00:50:17,056 --> 00:50:19,058
I'm not the president
just for show, you know.

786
00:50:19,391 --> 00:50:21,143
"I must be a hotshot

787
00:50:21,227 --> 00:50:23,520
since the president is
joining the meeting."

788
00:50:23,604 --> 00:50:25,147
Wouldn't he think that?

789
00:50:25,231 --> 00:50:26,732
If only you stay quiet.

790
00:50:27,191 --> 00:50:28,901
At the meeting with Ms. Kang last time,

791
00:50:28,984 --> 00:50:30,986
you told her that she'd make a fortune.

792
00:50:31,070 --> 00:50:32,404
Don't say that again.

793
00:50:32,488 --> 00:50:35,658
She only signed with us
because my words moved her.

794
00:50:35,741 --> 00:50:38,661
Say that today and you'll be humiliated.

795
00:50:38,744 --> 00:50:40,621
Hold on. Why not bet

796
00:50:40,704 --> 00:50:42,248
your paycheck for this month on it?

797
00:50:42,331 --> 00:50:44,416
Okay. You bet yours too.

798
00:50:44,500 --> 00:50:46,418
-Deal.
-Let's bet our paycheck for this month.

799
00:50:46,502 --> 00:50:47,962
Deal!

800
00:50:55,636 --> 00:50:57,471
What a beautiful sight.

801
00:50:57,554 --> 00:51:00,516
A man should read when in a café.

802
00:51:07,815 --> 00:51:09,108
Do you know this book?

803
00:51:09,191 --> 00:51:10,818
From Europe to Japan,

804
00:51:10,901 --> 00:51:13,153
this book has caused a huge sensation.

805
00:51:14,613 --> 00:51:15,823
That's him.

806
00:51:16,031 --> 00:51:17,533
The designer, Ji Seo-jun.

807
00:51:18,200 --> 00:51:21,036
You'll lose this bet in just five seconds.

808
00:51:21,620 --> 00:51:22,454
Anyway, come on.

809
00:51:30,170 --> 00:51:31,714
Hello, I'm Cha Eun-ho.

810
00:51:32,298 --> 00:51:35,050
I'm President Kim Jae-min of Gyeoroo.

811
00:51:35,801 --> 00:51:36,885
Please have a seat.

812
00:51:42,016 --> 00:51:42,891
Well...

813
00:51:43,183 --> 00:51:44,893
It seems like we are meant to be.

814
00:51:44,977 --> 00:51:46,729
When I first met you at the book store,

815
00:51:46,937 --> 00:51:48,897
I thought you were a model.

816
00:51:49,023 --> 00:51:51,775
I've never seen
such a handsome designer before.

817
00:51:52,276 --> 00:51:55,904
The book you were promoting
doesn't seem to be doing well.

818
00:51:56,405 --> 00:51:57,489
You must feel awful.

819
00:51:58,073 --> 00:51:59,116
Right.

820
00:52:00,200 --> 00:52:01,493
Of course.

821
00:52:07,958 --> 00:52:09,918
I read all of your books

822
00:52:10,210 --> 00:52:11,295
that were published.

823
00:52:11,920 --> 00:52:14,506
Thank you. I, too, have kept an eye

824
00:52:14,590 --> 00:52:16,050
on the covers you designed.

825
00:52:16,550 --> 00:52:19,595
I was curious about
why you contacted me first.

826
00:52:20,220 --> 00:52:21,472
I didn't ask much on the phone

827
00:52:22,056 --> 00:52:25,059
since I wanted to see
what you were like in person.

828
00:52:26,060 --> 00:52:27,019
So what's the verdict?

829
00:52:27,603 --> 00:52:29,271
You look much better in person.

830
00:52:29,646 --> 00:52:30,564
You must be annoyed.

831
00:52:30,647 --> 00:52:32,608
Yes, I guess.

832
00:52:32,941 --> 00:52:34,860
He has a face you never get tired of.

833
00:52:36,904 --> 00:52:38,739
Just looking at him lifts your spirits.

834
00:52:38,822 --> 00:52:40,157
That being said,

835
00:52:40,240 --> 00:52:41,367
please come and work with us.

836
00:52:42,284 --> 00:52:44,328
We'll pay you more than anyone else.

837
00:52:45,913 --> 00:52:47,122
Twice of Wolmyeong to be exact.

838
00:52:50,751 --> 00:52:51,794
What's that laugh?

839
00:52:53,337 --> 00:52:54,880
You're just like the rumors.

840
00:52:56,548 --> 00:52:59,051
-What?
-I heard you were a businessman,

841
00:52:59,134 --> 00:53:00,636
President Kim of Gyeoroo.

842
00:53:01,804 --> 00:53:04,014
By selling books, you built
an office building in 10 years

843
00:53:04,098 --> 00:53:05,432
and bought the one next to it too.

844
00:53:05,516 --> 00:53:08,227
No one in this industry
drives a fancier car than yours.

845
00:53:09,311 --> 00:53:10,979
Then there was the bookstore incident.

846
00:53:12,064 --> 00:53:14,358
It's uncanny
how you're just like the rumors.

847
00:53:15,150 --> 00:53:17,569
-I'm intrigued.
-Mr. Ji Seo-jun.

848
00:53:17,653 --> 00:53:20,406
Rumors don't tell you everything
about someone.

849
00:53:20,489 --> 00:53:24,034
I'm a much better person
once you get to know me.

850
00:53:24,118 --> 00:53:25,494
Anyway, we'd--

851
00:53:25,619 --> 00:53:28,163
I have no intention
of working with Gyeoroo.

852
00:53:29,832 --> 00:53:31,208
As I said earlier,

853
00:53:31,291 --> 00:53:32,918
I am here to meet Mr. Cha today.

854
00:53:34,795 --> 00:53:36,422
Is it that you don't like Gyeoroo?

855
00:53:36,505 --> 00:53:37,673
Or is it me?

856
00:53:38,173 --> 00:53:40,300
Why would I not like Gyeoroo or you?

857
00:53:40,384 --> 00:53:41,468
We're in the same field.

858
00:53:42,719 --> 00:53:43,846
I might have a few questions.

859
00:53:43,929 --> 00:53:45,264
Questions about Gyeoroo?

860
00:53:45,931 --> 00:53:47,599
Sure. Ask away.

861
00:53:47,683 --> 00:53:50,853
You could get to know more about us
if you decide to work with us.

862
00:53:50,936 --> 00:53:52,271
Will you answer my question?

863
00:53:52,354 --> 00:53:53,605
Yes, whatever it is.

864
00:53:54,189 --> 00:53:56,733
However,
if you're satisfied with my answer,

865
00:53:57,151 --> 00:53:58,652
sign with our company.

866
00:54:03,866 --> 00:54:04,950
You still

867
00:54:05,909 --> 00:54:07,494
keep in touch with him, right?

868
00:54:08,829 --> 00:54:09,663
With whom?

869
00:54:13,292 --> 00:54:14,751
The writer, Kang Byeong-jun.

870
00:54:16,879 --> 00:54:18,297
Be honest. I'm sure you do.

871
00:54:19,256 --> 00:54:20,841
Could you tell me

872
00:54:20,924 --> 00:54:22,509
what he's been up to lately?

873
00:54:22,593 --> 00:54:23,719
Please stop,

874
00:54:24,219 --> 00:54:25,220
Mr. Ji Seo-jun.

875
00:54:25,596 --> 00:54:26,638
How could I not be curious?

876
00:54:26,722 --> 00:54:29,933
One day, all of a sudden,
the best author in Korea,

877
00:54:30,559 --> 00:54:33,812
who was actively writing,
started to collect his publication rights,

878
00:54:33,896 --> 00:54:35,105
declared the end of his career,

879
00:54:35,189 --> 00:54:37,232
and handed over those rights
to a small publisher

880
00:54:37,316 --> 00:54:39,193
that he had never worked with previously.

881
00:54:39,693 --> 00:54:41,361
Afterwards, the author retired.

882
00:54:41,445 --> 00:54:43,405
The publisher used the publication rights

883
00:54:43,489 --> 00:54:45,032
as the stepping stones and grew bigger.

884
00:54:46,783 --> 00:54:48,368
Why did he hand over

885
00:54:49,036 --> 00:54:51,079
his publication rights to Gyeoroo?

886
00:54:56,251 --> 00:54:58,670
There is no reason for us to
satisfy your curiosity.

887
00:54:58,754 --> 00:55:00,047
Please excuse me.

888
00:55:00,130 --> 00:55:01,089
Hey.

889
00:55:02,633 --> 00:55:03,759
Is the rumor true?

890
00:55:06,970 --> 00:55:08,597
The rumor that Gyeoroo was
after the rights

891
00:55:08,805 --> 00:55:10,682
and locked up Mr. Kang because of it.

892
00:55:12,601 --> 00:55:13,435
What...

893
00:55:13,936 --> 00:55:15,270
That's absurd.

894
00:55:18,565 --> 00:55:21,860
You are a founding member too, Mr. Cha.
I'm sure you know--

895
00:55:23,028 --> 00:55:24,363
You must be Mr. Kang's fan.

896
00:55:24,530 --> 00:55:25,864
You know better than anyone then.

897
00:55:26,448 --> 00:55:28,033
The declaration was written by him.

898
00:55:28,116 --> 00:55:29,785
And everyone has
the right to be forgotten.

899
00:55:30,994 --> 00:55:32,496
And that is what he wanted.

900
00:55:32,829 --> 00:55:34,748
So did he go missing?

901
00:55:35,249 --> 00:55:37,251
Did you lock him up? Or--

902
00:55:37,334 --> 00:55:38,919
Hey, Eun-ho. Let him go.

903
00:55:39,002 --> 00:55:40,420
What's wrong with you?

904
00:55:41,880 --> 00:55:43,590
After Mr. Kang's disappearance,

905
00:55:43,674 --> 00:55:46,176
people kept spreading strange rumors.

906
00:55:46,260 --> 00:55:48,554
There are all sorts of rumors, you know.

907
00:55:49,137 --> 00:55:50,055
But...

908
00:55:51,098 --> 00:55:52,641
we haven't seen him either.

909
00:55:53,559 --> 00:55:54,935
We don't know anything at all.

910
00:55:57,646 --> 00:55:58,897
I'm not sure about that,

911
00:56:00,190 --> 00:56:02,651
but now I know
that Mr. Cha knows something.

912
00:56:02,734 --> 00:56:04,027
I learned that today.

913
00:56:19,793 --> 00:56:21,169
Don't mind him.

914
00:56:22,045 --> 00:56:24,256
You know rumors circulate
in this industry all the time.

915
00:56:24,923 --> 00:56:27,009
After he declared to end his career

916
00:56:27,092 --> 00:56:28,802
he gave us the publication rights

917
00:56:28,885 --> 00:56:29,928
and disappeared.

918
00:56:30,887 --> 00:56:33,181
After that, we were
the only ones who gained from his books.

919
00:56:33,265 --> 00:56:35,976
Bad rumors were bound to circulate
in the industry.

920
00:56:36,059 --> 00:56:37,686
We didn't take the profits.

921
00:56:38,353 --> 00:56:39,896
We're donating every penny.

922
00:56:39,980 --> 00:56:41,898
But we still benefited from them.

923
00:56:41,982 --> 00:56:44,109
"The company Kang Byeong-jun
handed over his rights to."

924
00:56:44,276 --> 00:56:46,653
Our company had grown a lot
thanks to that title.

925
00:56:47,738 --> 00:56:49,114
We got investments thanks to that.

926
00:56:49,197 --> 00:56:51,700
And other authors signed with us
thanks to that.

927
00:56:53,577 --> 00:56:55,037
I'm sorry. It's all my fault.

928
00:56:56,496 --> 00:56:58,248
I told you not to say that.

929
00:56:59,833 --> 00:57:02,711
You're the one carrying the heavy burden.
I'm fine.

930
00:57:11,219 --> 00:57:14,306
No, no. Don't look at me like that.

931
00:57:14,389 --> 00:57:16,308
I know that I'm pretty cool too.

932
00:57:16,808 --> 00:57:18,518
And I know that you like me too.

933
00:57:20,020 --> 00:57:21,813
Despite everything,

934
00:57:21,897 --> 00:57:23,982
if you still want to say something,
make it short.

935
00:57:27,152 --> 00:57:29,655
You're not getting
a paycheck this month, right?

936
00:57:32,157 --> 00:57:33,158
You're paying for this.

937
00:57:36,662 --> 00:57:38,622
By the way, why aren't you drinking?

938
00:57:38,705 --> 00:57:39,957
I have to drive later.

939
00:57:40,707 --> 00:57:41,750
Are you going to visit him?

940
00:57:43,418 --> 00:57:44,419
Should I go with you?

941
00:57:45,170 --> 00:57:46,755
No, I'll go alone today.

942
00:57:50,092 --> 00:57:51,051
Dig in.

943
00:58:06,984 --> 00:58:08,443
<i>Is the rumor true?</i>

944
00:58:08,527 --> 00:58:10,153
The rumor that
Gyeoroo was after the rights

945
00:58:10,904 --> 00:58:13,156
and locked up Mr. Kang because of it.

946
00:58:13,240 --> 00:58:16,535
You're the one carrying the heavy burden.
I'm fine.

947
00:58:37,431 --> 00:58:39,683
YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CREATED
EDIT PROFILE

948
00:58:48,025 --> 00:58:49,735
He hasn't come home yet.

949
00:59:38,241 --> 00:59:40,035
DAN-I

950
00:59:40,118 --> 00:59:42,204
<i>Why aren't you coming home? Hurry home.</i>

951
00:59:42,412 --> 00:59:43,622
<i>I'm waiting for you.</i>

952
00:59:49,628 --> 00:59:51,254
He's not answering me. Where did he go?

953
00:59:54,174 --> 00:59:55,258
I'm getting worried.

954
01:00:13,652 --> 01:00:17,197
<i>You who love the stars</i>

955
01:00:17,989 --> 01:00:19,950
<i>Hey, you</i>

956
01:00:21,952 --> 01:00:25,122
<i>Don't be disappointed</i>

957
01:00:26,498 --> 01:00:28,166
<i>Don't be disappointed</i>

958
01:00:29,668 --> 01:00:31,711
<i>Don’t linger on</i>

959
01:00:32,129 --> 01:00:33,213
<i>Your lost love</i>

960
01:00:33,880 --> 01:00:35,674
<i>Hey, little you</i>

961
01:00:37,551 --> 01:00:39,594
<i>Because the stars</i>

962
01:00:40,345 --> 01:00:41,805
<i>Are protecting you</i>

963
01:00:45,225 --> 01:00:48,562
<i>The darkness disappeared</i>

964
01:00:49,980 --> 01:00:51,398
<i>And so did you</i>

965
01:00:53,483 --> 01:00:56,486
<i>Don't be so sad</i>

966
01:00:58,113 --> 01:00:59,614
<i>Don't be so sad</i>

967
01:01:01,491 --> 01:01:03,493
<i>Because of love that can't be seen</i>

968
01:01:04,578 --> 01:01:05,829
<i>Don't be sad</i>

969
01:01:06,955 --> 01:01:08,832
<i>My love</i>

970
01:01:11,084 --> 01:01:13,128
<i>The stars are shining</i>

971
01:01:13,753 --> 01:01:15,213
<i>On you</i>

972
01:01:24,848 --> 01:01:25,765
Eun-ho.

973
01:01:30,020 --> 01:01:31,813
Why are you out here?
Why didn't you come in?

974
01:01:38,028 --> 01:01:39,237
The moon is too beautiful.

975
01:01:42,949 --> 01:01:43,950
You're right.

976
01:01:47,495 --> 01:01:49,122
I just need you too.

977
01:01:52,709 --> 01:01:55,754
That one person who knows me well.

978
01:01:57,923 --> 01:01:59,966
Even if the whole world turns
its back on me...

979
01:02:00,467 --> 01:02:03,303
"He must have his reasons.
There must be an explanation for it.

980
01:02:04,846 --> 01:02:07,432
He must have done it
in order to protect something

981
01:02:08,183 --> 01:02:09,559
that he wants to protect."

982
01:02:13,730 --> 01:02:14,731
You...

983
01:02:16,483 --> 01:02:17,567
At least, you will

984
01:02:19,486 --> 01:02:21,071
give me the benefit of the doubt, right?

985
01:02:29,496 --> 01:02:30,747
The moon is beautiful, isn't it?

986
01:02:33,541 --> 01:02:34,501
Yes, it is.

987
01:02:46,763 --> 01:02:47,722
Dan-i.

988
01:02:47,806 --> 01:02:48,765
Yes?

989
01:02:48,848 --> 01:02:50,058
Sing me a song.

990
01:02:50,517 --> 01:02:51,643
Which song?

991
01:02:52,310 --> 01:02:53,478
The one you were singing.

992
01:02:55,814 --> 01:02:59,192
<i>You who love the stars</i>

993
01:02:59,985 --> 01:03:01,569
<i>Hey, you</i>

994
01:03:02,821 --> 01:03:06,157
<i>Don't be disappointed</i>

995
01:03:07,450 --> 01:03:09,077
<i>Don't be disappointed</i>

996
01:03:10,120 --> 01:03:13,373
<i>Don’t linger on your lost love</i>

997
01:03:14,499 --> 01:03:16,418
<i>Hey, little you</i>

998
01:03:17,919 --> 01:03:21,464
<i>Because the stars are protecting you</i>

999
01:03:34,477 --> 01:03:37,188
THERE ARE THOSE NIGHTS.
THOSE NIGHTS WHERE I WISH SHE KNOWS

1000
01:03:37,272 --> 01:03:39,065
HOW I FEEL WITHOUT HAVING TO TELL HER

1001
01:03:39,983 --> 01:03:43,153
WE ARE LIKE BOOKS. WE WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO
FIND US AND OPEN US TO SEE WHAT'S INSIDE.

1002
01:03:43,236 --> 01:03:46,323
I FROZE. I WAS NERVOUS SHE MIGHT FEEL
MY HAND SHAKE WHEN I WIPED HER MOUTH.

1003
01:03:46,406 --> 01:03:49,409
ONE COLD DAY, I SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT
I'VE BEEN IN LOVE WITH DAN-I FOR A WHILE

1004
01:03:49,492 --> 01:03:50,910
I LEARN ABOUT PEOPLE AT THIS COMPANY

1005
01:03:50,994 --> 01:03:52,579
IN THE END, NO ONE CAN LIVE
WITHOUT PEOPLE

1006
01:03:52,746 --> 01:03:53,913
"WHERE THE GIRL I LIKE LIVES"

1007
01:03:53,997 --> 01:03:55,915
I ANSWERED.
I WAS AFRAID SHE MIGHT SEE THROUGH ME.

1008
01:03:56,041 --> 01:03:57,167
SOME SECRETS CAN'T BE UNHEARD

1009
01:03:57,250 --> 01:03:59,294
AND YOU WISH TO GO BACK TO
WHEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW

1010
01:04:03,381 --> 01:04:04,507
Marketing tips?

1011
01:04:04,591 --> 01:04:05,717
-Yes.
-Yes?

1012
01:04:05,800 --> 01:04:07,927
Why don't we cover it instead?

1013
01:04:08,803 --> 01:04:10,722
<i>Is being a writer all that matters?</i>

1014
01:04:10,805 --> 01:04:11,973
I'll teach him a lesson.

1015
01:04:13,808 --> 01:04:15,226
<i>I don't think I have ever</i>

1016
01:04:15,310 --> 01:04:17,312
<i>thought about love in depth.</i>

1017
01:04:18,355 --> 01:04:20,106
<i>When Dan-i smiles, I'm happy.</i>

1018
01:04:20,690 --> 01:04:23,651
<i>When Dan-i cries,
my heart breaks and it drives me crazy.</i>

1019
01:04:25,320 --> 01:04:26,654
<i>I'm curious about my feelings too.</i>

1020
01:04:26,738 --> 01:04:29,282
<i>The guy I like doesn't like me back.</i>

1021
01:04:29,949 --> 01:04:31,534
<i>He doesn't even know that I do.</i>

1022
01:04:33,703 --> 01:04:36,081
<i>We're casually seeing each other.</i>

1023
01:04:39,959 --> 01:04:41,961
Subtitle translation by Won-hyang Son