"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep5 (English)

1
00:00:18,894 --> 00:00:20,604
WE

2
00:00:20,687 --> 00:00:23,023
MET

3
00:00:33,033 --> 00:00:34,368
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,451 --> 00:00:38,205
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,830 --> 00:00:43,126
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:45,337 --> 00:00:47,673
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,756 --> 00:00:50,300
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:51,009 --> 00:00:53,345
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,389 --> 00:00:59,393
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:08,193 --> 00:01:11,989
VOLUME 5

11
00:01:20,747 --> 00:01:22,165
MARKETING IMMERSED IN EVERYDAY LIFE

12
00:01:24,585 --> 00:01:26,753
<i>I guess my work will start</i>
<i>monitoring this too.</i>

13
00:01:27,004 --> 00:01:28,213
<i>No way.</i>

14
00:01:28,297 --> 00:01:30,924
<i>People from my work and my mom</i>
<i>aren't allowed in this space.</i>

15
00:01:32,009 --> 00:01:33,385
DON'T FORGET TO POST
3 TIMES A DAY!

16
00:01:35,554 --> 00:01:39,224
<i>This one book is the outcome</i>
<i>of so much passion and dedication.</i>

17
00:01:41,602 --> 00:01:43,895
<i>While watching the books</i>
<i>disappearing into the shredder,</i>

18
00:01:44,438 --> 00:01:46,732
<i>I was reminded of something</i>
<i>the poet, Amy Lowell, once said.</i>

19
00:01:53,655 --> 00:01:55,949
<i>She said that books are</i>
<i>the quintessence of our lives.</i>

20
00:01:57,826 --> 00:02:00,954
<i>I want to share these precious lives</i>
<i>with as many people as possible</i>

21
00:02:02,331 --> 00:02:04,374
<i>so that I won't be ashamed</i>
<i>to face the trees.</i>

22
00:02:05,459 --> 00:02:07,085
<i>I got this. I can do it.</i>

23
00:02:07,586 --> 00:02:10,631
EVERY GYEOROO EMPLOYEE IS A MARKETER

24
00:02:12,966 --> 00:02:14,635
The moon is too beautiful.

25
00:02:17,137 --> 00:02:18,096
You're right.

26
00:02:19,556 --> 00:02:20,807
The moon is beautiful, isn't it?

27
00:02:21,850 --> 00:02:23,644
<i>Instead of "I love you,"</i>

28
00:02:24,227 --> 00:02:26,188
<i>SÃ…�seki Natsume said,</i>
<i>"The moon is beautiful."</i>

29
00:02:26,396 --> 00:02:29,024
<i>It was a night that made me think of him.</i>

30
00:02:29,691 --> 00:02:31,693
<i>With that said, the book of the day is...</i>

31
00:02:36,114 --> 00:02:37,741
<i>The correct expression is "boss around,"</i>

32
00:02:37,824 --> 00:02:39,284
<i>not "boss round."</i>

33
00:02:39,368 --> 00:02:41,745
<i>It's "washing dishes," not "washing dish."</i>

34
00:02:41,828 --> 00:02:44,998
<i>And the correct expression is</i>
<i>"decline an offer," not "decline a offer."</i>

35
00:02:45,749 --> 00:02:47,084
LUCKYBOY STARTED FOLLOWING YOU

36
00:02:47,167 --> 00:02:50,087
LUCKYBOY STARTED FOLLOWING YOU

37
00:02:50,170 --> 00:02:52,130
KIM JAE-MIN

38
00:02:52,214 --> 00:02:53,423
PRESIDENT OF GYEOROO PUBLISHING

39
00:02:53,507 --> 00:02:55,634
CULTURAL INDUSTRIALIST WHO
FOSTERS KNOWLEDGE AND CULTURE

40
00:02:55,842 --> 00:02:58,303
<i>A friend of mine whom I hadn't seen</i>
<i>in a while complained to me.</i>

41
00:02:58,887 --> 00:03:02,391
<i>"Jae-min, my books aren't selling.</i>
<i>My company is about to go bankrupt."</i>

42
00:03:03,767 --> 00:03:06,436
<i>He owns a small publishing firm.</i>

43
00:03:06,645 --> 00:03:08,939
<i>He's passionate and competent.</i>

44
00:03:10,315 --> 00:03:12,609
<i>Is our society abandoning</i>
<i>printed books altogether?</i>

45
00:03:12,693 --> 00:03:15,237
<i>Compared to him, I'm incredibly blessed.</i>

46
00:03:15,862 --> 00:03:17,864
<i>I sure am a lucky boy.</i>

47
00:03:18,365 --> 00:03:20,867
<i>Gyeoroo's books are still loved</i>
<i>by the readers.</i>

48
00:03:21,785 --> 00:03:23,995
<i>Yes, never slow down and keep going.</i>

49
00:03:28,667 --> 00:03:29,668
ACCEPT, BLOCK

50
00:03:30,419 --> 00:03:31,294
ACCEPT, BLOCK

51
00:03:32,337 --> 00:03:34,047
ACCEPT, BLOCK

52
00:03:34,131 --> 00:03:34,965
BLOCK

53
00:03:40,053 --> 00:03:41,388
GO YU-SEON

54
00:03:41,471 --> 00:03:43,515
DIRECTOR OF GYEOROO PUBLISHING
ELEGANTLY SINGLE

55
00:03:43,598 --> 00:03:46,059
<i>I translated a K University</i>
<i>professor's paper into English.</i>

56
00:03:46,518 --> 00:03:49,146
<i>Just to kill time</i>
<i>and as a hobby, of course.</i>

57
00:03:50,939 --> 00:03:53,859
<i>Well, I'm not saying I'm lonely.</i>

58
00:03:58,280 --> 00:03:59,865
<i>My precious alone time.</i>

59
00:04:00,657 --> 00:04:03,785
<i>Do you know how happy</i>
<i>this sense of satisfaction makes me feel?</i>

60
00:04:13,712 --> 00:04:18,091
<i>Mr. Kim, you're the most exemplary leader</i>
<i>to everyone who works at Gyeoroo.</i>

61
00:04:18,550 --> 00:04:19,509
<i>I admire you.</i>

62
00:04:22,053 --> 00:04:23,722
What is poetry?

63
00:04:24,598 --> 00:04:28,977
It's the core of
every artistic inspiration, you know.

64
00:04:29,394 --> 00:04:31,062
It's the source.

65
00:04:31,146 --> 00:04:33,732
And that's what you guys create.
You write poems.

66
00:04:33,815 --> 00:04:37,194
How incredible is that?

67
00:04:37,277 --> 00:04:38,695
Why bother writing good poems?

68
00:04:39,404 --> 00:04:41,531
No one ever reads them.

69
00:04:41,615 --> 00:04:43,617
My poems are free.

70
00:04:44,493 --> 00:04:46,244
They're all over the Internet.

71
00:04:47,245 --> 00:04:48,330
Some jerks

72
00:04:48,747 --> 00:04:51,333
uploaded my entire poetry book.

73
00:04:52,459 --> 00:04:54,169
I'd make a fortune if I could earn

74
00:04:54,252 --> 00:04:55,545
even just 100 won per poem.

75
00:04:55,629 --> 00:04:57,714
LUCKYBOY STARTED FOLLOWING YOU

76
00:05:00,467 --> 00:05:02,344
"Luckyboy." What, "boy"?

77
00:05:02,886 --> 00:05:04,721
Until what age are you considered a boy?

78
00:05:04,805 --> 00:05:06,848
I get that you're the boss, but so what?

79
00:05:06,932 --> 00:05:08,099
Block.

80
00:05:11,728 --> 00:05:13,563
Why are you all being so mean to me?

81
00:05:14,940 --> 00:05:16,316
Why did you guys all block me?

82
00:05:16,399 --> 00:05:18,652
Luckyboy. Do you guys hate me or what?

83
00:05:20,111 --> 00:05:22,781
Eun-ho, you answer first.
Why did you block me?

84
00:05:22,864 --> 00:05:24,574
I didn't know it was you.

85
00:05:24,658 --> 00:05:26,076
Hey, how could you not know?

86
00:05:26,159 --> 00:05:28,912
I clearly wrote,
"President of Gyeoroo Publishing."

87
00:05:28,995 --> 00:05:30,956
I see. I thought someone was
pretending to be you.

88
00:05:35,210 --> 00:05:38,004
I really had no idea either.

89
00:05:39,589 --> 00:05:42,259
What's going on?
Am I a social media outcast?

90
00:05:43,927 --> 00:05:45,804
-Am I, Ms. Song?
-Yes.

91
00:05:45,887 --> 00:05:46,972
<i>He has no conscience.</i>

92
00:05:47,180 --> 00:05:48,390
<i>Must we really see</i>

93
00:05:48,473 --> 00:05:50,934
<i>this narcissistic salesman even online?</i>

94
00:05:51,017 --> 00:05:52,269
-Follow me back, okay?
-Okay.

95
00:05:52,352 --> 00:05:53,854
-Song-i.
-Yes, sir.

96
00:05:53,937 --> 00:05:54,813
Follow me back.

97
00:05:55,814 --> 00:05:57,858
-Let's be good.
-Okay.

98
00:06:00,527 --> 00:06:01,653
He's so cute.

99
00:06:03,864 --> 00:06:05,949
NOTIFICATION

100
00:06:08,368 --> 00:06:11,705
<i>Ms. Go, you're the idea bank of Gyeoroo.</i>

101
00:06:12,247 --> 00:06:14,332
<i>You're a mentor</i>
<i>who every employee admires.</i>

102
00:06:33,393 --> 00:06:35,103
WEEKLY SCHEDULE

103
00:06:35,186 --> 00:06:37,314
WEEKLY MEETING, EXECUTIVE MEETING

104
00:06:40,400 --> 00:06:42,527
MARKETING MEETING
FOR PARK JEONG-SIK'S NEW RELEASE

105
00:06:42,611 --> 00:06:45,488
Are you sure you want to try again?
After what Ms. Go did to you?

106
00:06:45,572 --> 00:06:48,199
What did she do? I'm fine.

107
00:06:48,283 --> 00:06:49,451
What would you like to order?

108
00:06:50,785 --> 00:06:54,372
I'd like that one. A lot of veggies
with plenty of sauce, please. Make it two.

109
00:06:54,456 --> 00:06:56,458
No, go easy on the sauce for one of them.

110
00:06:57,792 --> 00:07:00,587
-Go easy, please.
-Big Witch doesn't scare me at all.

111
00:07:04,174 --> 00:07:06,384
I heard Hui-su got into
the international school.

112
00:07:06,885 --> 00:07:09,679
Hey, it shows
how capable you are as a mom.

113
00:07:09,763 --> 00:07:12,140
-You're so impressive.
-What are you talking about?

114
00:07:12,223 --> 00:07:13,767
Her husband got promoted to director.

115
00:07:14,392 --> 00:07:16,978
-Seriously?
-It's not that impressive.

116
00:07:17,479 --> 00:07:19,272
He should become the CEO before he quits.

117
00:07:19,356 --> 00:07:20,565
How nice would that be!

118
00:07:20,982 --> 00:07:22,776
Hey, you have nothing to be envious about.

119
00:07:22,859 --> 00:07:25,070
Your father-in-law gave you
some of his assets.

120
00:07:25,153 --> 00:07:28,073
Well, you know.
We just got something little.

121
00:07:28,156 --> 00:07:31,409
He put the house we're living in now
under my husband's name.

122
00:07:31,493 --> 00:07:32,994
Your retirement is taken care of.

123
00:07:34,871 --> 00:07:36,122
Enough, ladies.

124
00:07:39,501 --> 00:07:40,627
We're sorry, Yu-seon.

125
00:07:42,420 --> 00:07:43,254
For what?

126
00:07:44,798 --> 00:07:47,717
She's single and has no kids.
We should be more considerate.

127
00:07:47,801 --> 00:07:50,095
Why? I own three houses.

128
00:07:51,346 --> 00:07:52,389
And I am a director.

129
00:07:52,472 --> 00:07:54,140
I even got my doctorate degree recently.

130
00:07:55,976 --> 00:07:57,352
I don't envy you ladies.

131
00:07:57,644 --> 00:07:59,980
My feelings can never get hurt
at gatherings like this.

132
00:08:04,442 --> 00:08:06,528
Today's drinks are on me.

133
00:08:06,611 --> 00:08:09,322
I have to go home
and read up on some stuff for work.

134
00:08:13,284 --> 00:08:15,245
Why is she such a stuck-up?

135
00:08:15,704 --> 00:08:16,997
What's her problem?

136
00:08:18,331 --> 00:08:20,000
Let's stop hanging out with her.

137
00:08:21,042 --> 00:08:23,086
She stole my idea once,
but it won't happen again.

138
00:08:23,586 --> 00:08:25,588
I won't let her do that to me twice.

139
00:08:28,842 --> 00:08:30,093
This will be fun.

140
00:08:35,473 --> 00:08:36,516
Give me some hints.

141
00:08:38,977 --> 00:08:40,103
-Hints?
-Yes.

142
00:08:40,729 --> 00:08:42,772
Shall I say, marketing tips?

143
00:08:44,274 --> 00:08:45,984
-Marketing tips?
-Yes.

144
00:08:47,944 --> 00:08:49,696
A hint. Just one, please.

145
00:08:50,655 --> 00:08:53,742
-Why you...
-Don't try to cheat.

146
00:08:53,825 --> 00:08:56,202
You must come up with it on your own.

147
00:08:57,203 --> 00:08:58,580
You're so mean.

148
00:08:59,581 --> 00:09:01,624
You just watch. I'll do an amazing job.

149
00:09:01,708 --> 00:09:02,542
This is tasty.

150
00:09:07,172 --> 00:09:08,381
Good girl.

151
00:09:10,508 --> 00:09:12,343
-Is it good?
-Yes.

152
00:09:13,511 --> 00:09:14,637
Give me some hints.

153
00:09:15,263 --> 00:09:20,894
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

154
00:09:34,991 --> 00:09:37,619
NEW BOOK MARKETING STRATEGY MEETING
AT 11:00.

155
00:09:41,706 --> 00:09:42,791
<i>This marketing meeting</i>

156
00:09:42,874 --> 00:09:45,126
<i>is usually led by Ms. Seo,</i>
<i>the head of marketing.</i>

157
00:09:45,877 --> 00:09:46,878
<i>But the thing is...</i>

158
00:09:49,047 --> 00:09:50,006
<i>THE GRAY WORLD</i>

159
00:09:50,090 --> 00:09:51,883
<i>Since Ms. Go started out as a marketer,</i>

160
00:09:51,966 --> 00:09:54,010
<i>it often ends up being</i>
<i>a tug-of-war between them.</i>

161
00:09:57,597 --> 00:09:59,808
<i>Ms. Go's blurb was chosen last time,</i>

162
00:09:59,933 --> 00:10:01,893
<i>so Ms. Seo won't want to lose this time.</i>

163
00:10:16,199 --> 00:10:18,701
<i>When their idea war</i>
<i>turns into an emotional fight,</i>

164
00:10:19,202 --> 00:10:21,371
<i>which tires everyone out,</i>
<i>that's your chance.</i>

165
00:10:21,454 --> 00:10:22,914
Let's do this meeting.

166
00:10:23,373 --> 00:10:25,291
-Dan-i, is everything ready?
-Yes.

167
00:10:25,416 --> 00:10:26,543
You did it by yourself?

168
00:10:27,043 --> 00:10:28,795
Jeez, people.
I can't believe no one helped.

169
00:10:33,675 --> 00:10:34,717
Hello.

170
00:10:43,643 --> 00:10:44,853
Ms. Go.

171
00:10:47,438 --> 00:10:50,733
May I sit in on the meeting?

172
00:10:51,901 --> 00:10:54,779
Why would you want to sit in
on the marketing strategy meeting?

173
00:10:55,864 --> 00:10:57,782
Knowing the details about the progress

174
00:10:58,116 --> 00:11:01,494
might help me find
more things that I can do.

175
00:11:01,578 --> 00:11:03,079
Thanks for wanting to help,

176
00:11:03,163 --> 00:11:05,373
but since you're on the
Task Support Team, it's none of--

177
00:11:05,456 --> 00:11:06,583
Sure, you may sit in.

178
00:11:08,084 --> 00:11:11,504
You're also supporting
the Content Development Department,

179
00:11:11,588 --> 00:11:12,589
so knowing more details

180
00:11:12,672 --> 00:11:14,674
will help you support the team better.

181
00:11:14,883 --> 00:11:17,552
Come on in. It'd be good for you
to observe the meeting.

182
00:11:17,760 --> 00:11:19,053
Thank you, sir.

183
00:11:31,816 --> 00:11:33,568
All right, let's get started.

184
00:11:34,194 --> 00:11:35,862
Before we decide on the number of copies,

185
00:11:35,945 --> 00:11:37,739
how did it go with Ji Seo-jun,
the designer?

186
00:11:38,781 --> 00:11:41,451
It must've gone well.
I mean, Mr. Kim went too.

187
00:11:41,618 --> 00:11:42,952
<i>Is the rumor true?</i>

188
00:11:43,620 --> 00:11:45,246
The rumor that Gyeoroo was
after the rights

189
00:11:45,413 --> 00:11:47,582
and locked up Mr. Kang because of it.

190
00:11:48,499 --> 00:11:49,667
It didn't go well.

191
00:11:49,751 --> 00:11:52,212
He doesn't want to work with us.

192
00:11:52,712 --> 00:11:55,798
That's because you went.
It's all your fault.

193
00:11:55,882 --> 00:11:57,884
Why the heck did you follow him?

194
00:11:58,927 --> 00:12:00,178
What are we going to do now?

195
00:12:01,554 --> 00:12:03,097
<i>I DREAM OF ECONOMIC FREEDOM</i>

196
00:12:04,432 --> 00:12:05,767
<i>THE LION IS IN</i>

197
00:12:07,894 --> 00:12:09,354
<i>TEARDROPS</i>

198
00:12:13,274 --> 00:12:15,151
Is this everything?

199
00:12:19,572 --> 00:12:22,450
Sir, these books are quite damaged.

200
00:12:22,533 --> 00:12:25,161
-I'll get you undamaged copies.
-No, it's okay.

201
00:12:25,245 --> 00:12:28,122
If I don't buy these, they'll be returned
to the publishing company

202
00:12:28,206 --> 00:12:29,582
and end up being shredded.

203
00:12:29,666 --> 00:12:31,584
I can read them just fine. I'll take them.

204
00:12:32,210 --> 00:12:33,127
Here you go.

205
00:12:34,128 --> 00:12:37,423
Gyeoroo's books are always
on the steady-seller list. It's amazing.

206
00:12:37,799 --> 00:12:40,009
Two out of five steady-sellers
are from Gyeoroo.

207
00:12:40,093 --> 00:12:42,095
That's because they were
written by Kang Byeong-jun.

208
00:12:42,512 --> 00:12:43,680
They're masterpieces.

209
00:12:44,764 --> 00:12:45,807
Good for them.

210
00:12:46,557 --> 00:12:48,559
Oh, right. <i>Revolution</i> by Kang Byeong-jun.

211
00:12:48,643 --> 00:12:50,478
Didn't your firm own
the publication rights?

212
00:12:50,561 --> 00:12:51,562
There's more.

213
00:12:51,646 --> 00:12:53,898
<i>Whispers of the Sky, Cry of an Island,</i>

214
00:12:54,399 --> 00:12:57,527
and that book, <i>Mother,</i> too.
Gyeoroo took everything.

215
00:12:58,152 --> 00:13:01,698
Anyway, Gyeoroo irks me.

216
00:13:07,328 --> 00:13:09,539
<i>You said you were going to</i>
<i>get Ji Seo-jun on board.</i>

217
00:13:09,622 --> 00:13:12,166
So we were going to print 10,000 copies
of the first edition.

218
00:13:12,250 --> 00:13:14,544
If he comes up with a nice design
for this book,

219
00:13:14,627 --> 00:13:16,212
we'll easily sell 10,000 copies.

220
00:13:16,296 --> 00:13:18,631
You two, what did you do?

221
00:13:19,465 --> 00:13:22,135
You said you'd persuade Ji Seo-jun
no matter what.

222
00:13:22,343 --> 00:13:23,511
Let's just print 7,000 copies.

223
00:13:23,594 --> 00:13:26,472
It's not like getting a good designer
guarantees more sales.

224
00:13:26,556 --> 00:13:29,017
Well, Mr. Kim.
You're the one who said that.

225
00:13:29,100 --> 00:13:32,270
Who'd buy 7,000 copies of a book
by a no-name rookie author?

226
00:13:32,353 --> 00:13:34,647
Why did you make a book that won't sell
to begin with?

227
00:13:34,731 --> 00:13:37,317
We're having this meeting now

228
00:13:37,400 --> 00:13:39,068
to figure out a way to make it sell.

229
00:13:39,152 --> 00:13:42,113
The industry itself is faltering,
so how about 5,000 copies to be safe?

230
00:13:42,196 --> 00:13:43,990
Even that's considered a lot these days.

231
00:13:44,073 --> 00:13:46,743
For the first edition, some firms
only print 2,000 or 3,000 copies.

232
00:13:46,826 --> 00:13:48,870
We signed a contract with this author
three years ago.

233
00:13:48,953 --> 00:13:50,580
A number of plans fell through.

234
00:13:50,663 --> 00:13:53,791
Hey, after spending the entire year
and making countless edits, 3,000...

235
00:13:53,875 --> 00:13:57,587
We won't even make as much
as I've spent on buying him meals.

236
00:13:57,670 --> 00:14:00,381
Mr. Kim, please try to speak politely
during meetings.

237
00:14:00,465 --> 00:14:02,258
This guy started speaking casually first.

238
00:14:02,342 --> 00:14:03,634
Did I?

239
00:14:05,136 --> 00:14:07,472
Then 5,000 it is.
Let's start with 5,000 copies.

240
00:14:08,181 --> 00:14:09,349
Since it's his debut novel,

241
00:14:09,432 --> 00:14:11,601
we'll do a good job with marketing
and get the word out.

242
00:14:11,684 --> 00:14:13,019
Then we can print more.

243
00:14:13,102 --> 00:14:14,354
I have a question.

244
00:14:14,854 --> 00:14:18,274
You keep saying "10,000 copies"
and "5,000 copies."

245
00:14:18,358 --> 00:14:21,986
Does that mean the number of books?

246
00:14:25,239 --> 00:14:30,328
Then are you saying you will
only sell 3,000 or 5,000 books?

247
00:14:34,957 --> 00:14:36,167
<i>Who hired her?</i>

248
00:14:36,250 --> 00:14:38,586
<i>You did,</i>
<i>for her strong academic background.</i>

249
00:14:40,213 --> 00:14:42,507
<i>Hey, you can hear me now?</i>

250
00:14:44,258 --> 00:14:45,510
<i>Do you have superpowers?</i>

251
00:14:45,593 --> 00:14:48,137
<i>Can you read people's minds?</i>

252
00:14:48,221 --> 00:14:50,765
For the first edition,
let's go with 5,000 copies to be safe.

253
00:14:50,890 --> 00:14:52,225
Do we have a marketing theme?

254
00:14:52,308 --> 00:14:55,061
Yes, my team prepared a presentation.

255
00:15:01,275 --> 00:15:02,318
This is mine,

256
00:15:02,860 --> 00:15:04,529
-but you can take a look.
-Thank you.

257
00:15:11,494 --> 00:15:12,912
The author is a total rookie though.

258
00:15:13,413 --> 00:15:14,497
The story itself is great,

259
00:15:14,622 --> 00:15:17,250
so that should be the main focus
for our marketing strategy.

260
00:15:17,333 --> 00:15:18,668
This is a great idea.

261
00:15:18,918 --> 00:15:21,879
The summary of the plot
in the form of webcomic

262
00:15:21,963 --> 00:15:23,256
will intrigue the readers.

263
00:15:23,464 --> 00:15:25,049
What about this idea is great?

264
00:15:28,594 --> 00:15:31,639
Well, I don't know much about marketing.

265
00:15:31,722 --> 00:15:34,142
We'll have to find a webcomic artist
and summarize the plot.

266
00:15:34,225 --> 00:15:36,018
I think it'll take too long.

267
00:15:36,102 --> 00:15:37,353
Then what's your idea?

268
00:15:37,437 --> 00:15:40,064
-To define our target audience.
-We did, those in their 20s and 30s.

269
00:15:40,148 --> 00:15:42,316
Not many people are fans of webcomics.

270
00:15:42,400 --> 00:15:44,569
I'll get the most popular
webcomic artist on board--

271
00:15:44,652 --> 00:15:47,572
That will cost more
than what we've paid the author.

272
00:15:47,655 --> 00:15:49,740
Our marketing budget can cover--

273
00:15:49,824 --> 00:15:51,075
Let's focus on online marketing.

274
00:15:51,159 --> 00:15:54,787
We'll target
genre fiction fan communities.

275
00:15:54,871 --> 00:15:57,790
-Okay, I think that's a good idea.
-What does everyone else think?

276
00:15:57,874 --> 00:15:59,667
What about offline marketing?

277
00:16:00,835 --> 00:16:02,879
As we wait for news to spread online,

278
00:16:02,962 --> 00:16:04,547
we'll lose offline opportunities.

279
00:16:04,630 --> 00:16:07,091
Is there a divide between online
and offline spaces these days?

280
00:16:07,175 --> 00:16:09,677
We obviously have to do
some online marketing,

281
00:16:09,760 --> 00:16:11,220
-but the webcomic should--
-Well...

282
00:16:17,059 --> 00:16:20,146
I've come up with an idea as well.

283
00:16:20,646 --> 00:16:24,942
Scrap the webcomic idea. Revealing
the story first won't do us any good.

284
00:16:25,026 --> 00:16:26,360
Spoilers will be everywhere.

285
00:16:26,444 --> 00:16:29,780
Still, I think it'll definitely
intrigue the readers.

286
00:16:29,864 --> 00:16:32,492
These days, people are more drawn
to visuals than texts.

287
00:16:32,575 --> 00:16:33,910
Well, is there anything else

288
00:16:33,993 --> 00:16:36,996
-we can highlight in our marketing?
-Yes, what else?

289
00:16:39,081 --> 00:16:41,042
Why don't we cover it instead?

290
00:16:42,668 --> 00:16:44,337
Why does she keep interrupting?

291
00:16:48,049 --> 00:16:51,594
Why don't we hear her out
since no one else seems to have any ideas?

292
00:16:52,178 --> 00:16:54,013
Aren't you curious about her idea?

293
00:16:54,096 --> 00:16:55,556
-Yes.
-Yes.

294
00:16:55,640 --> 00:16:56,849
Dan-i.

295
00:16:57,850 --> 00:16:58,684
Tell us.

296
00:17:03,856 --> 00:17:06,275
Why is she using that?

297
00:17:07,527 --> 00:17:08,569
That's so old-school.

298
00:17:09,946 --> 00:17:11,280
Digital is the way to go.

299
00:17:18,663 --> 00:17:19,664
IRREPLACEABLE BOOK PROJECT

300
00:17:19,747 --> 00:17:20,665
-What's that?
-Cool.

301
00:17:23,376 --> 00:17:25,628
Readers these days are picky.

302
00:17:26,045 --> 00:17:28,631
The more you market a book,
the quicker they get sick of it.

303
00:17:28,714 --> 00:17:30,967
But if you don't market it enough,
they forget about it.

304
00:17:31,592 --> 00:17:34,512
The thing is, if there's something
unique about the book,

305
00:17:34,595 --> 00:17:36,556
that only it can have,

306
00:17:36,639 --> 00:17:38,266
people will be instantly intrigued.

307
00:17:39,642 --> 00:17:42,645
I wondered what could
arouse their curiosity

308
00:17:44,689 --> 00:17:45,982
and thought we should focus

309
00:17:46,440 --> 00:17:49,652
on the fact that the author
is a rookie writer.

310
00:17:50,778 --> 00:17:51,696
Right.

311
00:17:52,238 --> 00:17:54,657
A rookie
has no achievements to boast about.

312
00:17:55,616 --> 00:17:58,578
If we're unclear as to exactly
what we can showcase,

313
00:17:59,495 --> 00:18:02,164
how about we just don't show
the author or the book?

314
00:18:02,415 --> 00:18:03,708
Let's not show them at all.

315
00:18:04,250 --> 00:18:05,459
That's how I

316
00:18:05,710 --> 00:18:08,588
came up with the idea
for this Irreplaceable Book Project.

317
00:18:10,256 --> 00:18:12,300
NO AUTHOR, NO TITLE, NO SYNOPSIS

318
00:18:12,383 --> 00:18:15,845
No one will be able to see
the author's name, synopsis or the title.

319
00:18:16,470 --> 00:18:18,014
It'll be like a gift.

320
00:18:19,056 --> 00:18:20,641
You never know what you'll get.

321
00:18:21,225 --> 00:18:23,311
The excitement of ripping off
the wrapping paper.

322
00:18:23,936 --> 00:18:27,315
Even though I bought it with my own money,
I still have no idea what's inside.

323
00:18:27,857 --> 00:18:30,109
A gift for myself.

324
00:18:31,694 --> 00:18:34,363
That's interesting.
No one has heard of the author anyway.

325
00:18:35,615 --> 00:18:37,199
If people can read them at bookstores,

326
00:18:37,283 --> 00:18:40,202
all the damaged ones will be
returned to us.

327
00:18:41,120 --> 00:18:42,955
This project

328
00:18:43,039 --> 00:18:44,624
is about an irreplaceable book

329
00:18:44,707 --> 00:18:47,209
selected by you, only for yourself.

330
00:18:47,293 --> 00:18:50,212
A special gift for yourself.

331
00:18:50,296 --> 00:18:52,423
That's the main idea of the project.

332
00:18:53,007 --> 00:18:54,717
Still, if we don't offer a single hint,

333
00:18:54,800 --> 00:18:57,511
will people buy a book
that is completely wrapped up?

334
00:18:57,595 --> 00:19:00,139
Even for comic books,
the cover is always visible.

335
00:19:00,264 --> 00:19:02,558
Why would anyone buy that,
not knowing what could be inside?

336
00:19:03,100 --> 00:19:05,478
They'll know it's a book.
It'll be sold at bookstores.

337
00:19:05,561 --> 00:19:09,273
When we open gifts,
we usually don't know what's inside.

338
00:19:09,357 --> 00:19:10,274
Right.

339
00:19:10,358 --> 00:19:13,986
"It takes a lot of confidence to release
a book without revealing any information."

340
00:19:14,403 --> 00:19:16,155
Will people think so and become curious?

341
00:19:17,114 --> 00:19:20,451
If we print key quotes
from the book on the wrapping paper--

342
00:19:20,576 --> 00:19:22,244
Mr. Cha, you read my mind.

343
00:19:22,703 --> 00:19:25,456
Whatever we want to highlight
can be printed on the wrapping paper.

344
00:19:25,539 --> 00:19:28,584
It'll also tell the readers
what kind of genre it is.

345
00:19:34,048 --> 00:19:35,591
How about we give it a shot?

346
00:19:35,675 --> 00:19:38,427
Yes, we lost Ji Seo-jun
because of somebody anyway.

347
00:19:38,511 --> 00:19:40,846
We can treat the wrapping paper
like a cover.

348
00:19:40,930 --> 00:19:42,598
It'll certainly
capture people's attention.

349
00:19:43,349 --> 00:19:45,226
If this project becomes a success,

350
00:19:45,726 --> 00:19:48,354
we can apply the idea
to our next releases as well.

351
00:19:50,815 --> 00:19:53,401
Okay. Ms. Song, you edited this,

352
00:19:53,484 --> 00:19:55,736
-so work on the project with Dan-i.
-Yes, sir.

353
00:19:56,362 --> 00:19:59,782
All right. If it doesn't sell,
we can just remove the wrapping paper.

354
00:19:59,865 --> 00:20:01,826
-We have nothing to lose.
-Good, nice work.

355
00:20:01,909 --> 00:20:03,452
-Well done.
-That was a fresh idea.

356
00:20:03,577 --> 00:20:05,329
My, I think it's such a brilliant idea.

357
00:20:05,913 --> 00:20:06,789
Thank you.

358
00:20:09,333 --> 00:20:10,334
-Great.
-Nice job.

359
00:20:11,293 --> 00:20:12,962
-Good work.
-I learned from you today.

360
00:20:13,045 --> 00:20:14,213
Nice meeting, everyone.

361
00:20:16,215 --> 00:20:17,049
Nicely done.

362
00:20:18,592 --> 00:20:19,719
Thank you.

363
00:20:19,802 --> 00:20:21,929
I love the idea. I really mean it.

364
00:20:22,012 --> 00:20:24,348
I can tell you know
what marketing is about.

365
00:20:28,185 --> 00:20:29,145
Great work.

366
00:21:04,305 --> 00:21:07,516
<i>"THE STORY ABOUT YOU AND ME"</i>
<i>THE GRAY WORLD</i>

367
00:21:07,600 --> 00:21:09,518
EDITED BY SONG HAE-RIN,
MARKETING BY KANG DAN-I

368
00:21:14,273 --> 00:21:16,692
My, you're already in charge of marketing
for a project.

369
00:21:17,610 --> 00:21:19,945
I'm so proud of you, Dan-i.

370
00:21:21,655 --> 00:21:23,908
You know that nuts are good
for your brain, right?

371
00:21:29,872 --> 00:21:31,373
Eat this and keep up the great work.

372
00:21:31,457 --> 00:21:32,792
Thank you.

373
00:21:54,396 --> 00:21:55,314
Hey, Eun-ho.

374
00:21:56,649 --> 00:21:57,942
Aren't you calling it a day?

375
00:21:59,735 --> 00:22:02,655
I've found many cases where
the wrapping marketing method was used.

376
00:22:02,738 --> 00:22:04,698
It has been done in the UK
as well as in Japan.

377
00:22:05,282 --> 00:22:07,326
And the feedback was pretty good.

378
00:22:07,409 --> 00:22:09,203
I'll share this with Dan-i.

379
00:22:09,286 --> 00:22:10,621
She's probably seen it already.

380
00:22:12,206 --> 00:22:13,082
You think so?

381
00:22:13,165 --> 00:22:15,167
Right. From her presentation earlier,

382
00:22:15,251 --> 00:22:17,837
I could tell she did
thorough market research.

383
00:22:23,008 --> 00:22:23,926
Hae-rin.

384
00:22:26,303 --> 00:22:27,972
What... Why?

385
00:22:28,055 --> 00:22:30,349
What did I do wrong this time?

386
00:22:40,192 --> 00:22:41,485
You're pretty amazing.

387
00:22:42,278 --> 00:22:44,154
I mean, about Park Jeong-sik.

388
00:22:44,238 --> 00:22:46,407
You pushed for it
after reading his submission.

389
00:22:46,740 --> 00:22:49,451
I didn't think it'd work
as he lacked foundation.

390
00:22:50,160 --> 00:22:51,620
A genre fiction writer

391
00:22:51,704 --> 00:22:53,789
who used to write web novels

392
00:22:53,873 --> 00:22:55,666
is standing right next to me now.

393
00:22:55,749 --> 00:22:58,335
I learned that foundation
can be built over time.

394
00:22:58,460 --> 00:23:01,130
I read the book while preparing
for the meeting. It's good.

395
00:23:01,380 --> 00:23:03,048
In the past three years,

396
00:23:03,132 --> 00:23:04,967
he gave up twice,
but you brought him this far.

397
00:23:06,010 --> 00:23:07,136
I'm impressed.

398
00:23:07,761 --> 00:23:10,639
Don't just talk about it.
Buy me dinner today, then.

399
00:23:11,223 --> 00:23:12,224
Where do you want to go?

400
00:23:12,892 --> 00:23:14,852
Let's go there.
The drive around Mount Bukak.

401
00:23:14,935 --> 00:23:16,228
We went there last fall.

402
00:23:16,312 --> 00:23:19,273
The place we went to after you got dumped
by your third boyfriend?

403
00:23:20,316 --> 00:23:22,693
I told you so many times
that I dumped him.

404
00:23:23,193 --> 00:23:24,028
Is that important?

405
00:23:24,528 --> 00:23:26,363
Okay, meet me in the parking lot
in ten minutes.

406
00:23:35,372 --> 00:23:36,916
-Bye.
-Good work.

407
00:23:38,334 --> 00:23:39,960
-Good work.
-Great work today.

408
00:23:43,255 --> 00:23:44,757
I'll be off, then.

409
00:23:44,840 --> 00:23:46,508
-Bye.
-Good work.

410
00:24:11,492 --> 00:24:12,618
<i>First floor.</i>

411
00:24:22,836 --> 00:24:23,671
<i>Hey.</i>

412
00:24:23,754 --> 00:24:25,005
Are you coming home late?

413
00:24:27,091 --> 00:24:27,925
Why do you ask?

414
00:24:29,301 --> 00:24:31,512
If you're coming late,
I'm going to eat udon outside.

415
00:24:32,096 --> 00:24:33,681
Do you know a place?

416
00:24:34,556 --> 00:24:35,641
I found a nice place.

417
00:24:36,266 --> 00:24:37,935
It's a seven-minute walk

418
00:24:38,519 --> 00:24:39,561
<i>from the bus station.</i>

419
00:24:42,147 --> 00:24:44,692
I'll buy one for you if you want.
I think they have take-out.

420
00:24:45,943 --> 00:24:47,611
No, wait there. I'll go right now.

421
00:25:00,874 --> 00:25:01,959
-Hae-rin.
-Yes?

422
00:25:02,042 --> 00:25:04,586
I'm sorry. Something just came up.

423
00:25:05,170 --> 00:25:07,923
I need to go home. Let's eat next time.

424
00:25:10,718 --> 00:25:13,387
Oh, well.
I guess I'll just go back to work.

425
00:25:13,971 --> 00:25:15,597
Let's eat once the book is out.

426
00:25:26,400 --> 00:25:28,610
Hurry up and go. I'll be off now.

427
00:25:28,694 --> 00:25:29,820
Bye.

428
00:25:55,763 --> 00:25:59,433
CAMELLIA

429
00:26:00,350 --> 00:26:02,227
It's nice eating out after work.

430
00:26:06,899 --> 00:26:08,025
It feels like a dream.

431
00:26:08,108 --> 00:26:10,444
How did you live for the past 11 years?

432
00:26:10,903 --> 00:26:13,280
I never got off work
because I never went to work.

433
00:26:21,580 --> 00:26:22,498
What's Ms. Song like?

434
00:26:22,998 --> 00:26:25,709
I need to work with her
on Park Jeong-sik's book.

435
00:26:26,293 --> 00:26:27,920
What's she like? Is she cold-hearted?

436
00:26:29,004 --> 00:26:30,005
No, not at all.

437
00:26:30,506 --> 00:26:33,092
She's competent, shrewd,
and keeps her private life out of work.

438
00:26:33,801 --> 00:26:36,178
You don't know how hard she is
on the new hires, do you?

439
00:26:36,261 --> 00:26:37,179
Especially with Ji-yul.

440
00:26:37,262 --> 00:26:39,890
Ji-yul should be grateful
that she met a senior like Hae-rin.

441
00:26:47,397 --> 00:26:48,440
What's with that face?

442
00:26:50,567 --> 00:26:53,570
The red bra was Ms. Song's, wasn't it?

443
00:26:54,863 --> 00:26:57,116
There were other clothes there too.

444
00:26:57,324 --> 00:27:00,369
I know you're dating her.
Hae-rin, the so-called Little Witch.

445
00:27:01,161 --> 00:27:02,412
What makes you think that?

446
00:27:03,205 --> 00:27:04,164
Am I wrong?

447
00:27:05,833 --> 00:27:07,918
Didn't you go see her
when you got drunk the other day?

448
00:27:08,252 --> 00:27:11,088
Then whose house did you go to?

449
00:27:11,672 --> 00:27:13,966
I thought you made up with her that day.

450
00:27:14,258 --> 00:27:16,468
Then why were her clothes in our house?

451
00:27:17,344 --> 00:27:19,721
Why do you think? Does it bother you?

452
00:27:19,805 --> 00:27:20,764
What?

453
00:27:21,932 --> 00:27:23,517
She comes to my place when she gets drunk

454
00:27:23,600 --> 00:27:25,644
to talk about work and her boyfriend.

455
00:27:26,770 --> 00:27:30,190
To her, I'm just a senior at work
whom she respects.

456
00:27:30,274 --> 00:27:31,775
And to me, she's just a cute junior.

457
00:27:31,859 --> 00:27:34,528
And her parents think of me
as their daughter's colleague.

458
00:27:36,989 --> 00:27:38,782
I guess that's why they gave you kimchi.

459
00:27:39,992 --> 00:27:41,451
I thought you were dating her.

460
00:27:41,535 --> 00:27:43,287
Mind your own business.
It's my personal life.

461
00:27:43,370 --> 00:27:45,205
You don't even care

462
00:27:45,289 --> 00:27:46,665
whom I like or date anyway.

463
00:27:48,792 --> 00:27:49,835
I'm done eating.

464
00:27:50,836 --> 00:27:54,548
Hey. I'm not done yet.

465
00:27:55,757 --> 00:27:57,050
-I'd like to pay.
-Okay.

466
00:27:58,135 --> 00:28:00,262
-It's 23,000 won.
-Okay.

467
00:28:01,847 --> 00:28:03,891
-Here.
-You must be siblings.

468
00:28:04,933 --> 00:28:08,478
You guys seemed so friendly
with each other,

469
00:28:08,562 --> 00:28:10,397
so I thought you were a couple.

470
00:28:10,981 --> 00:28:12,357
We're not siblings.

471
00:28:13,400 --> 00:28:14,484
Come on, Dan-i.

472
00:28:16,987 --> 00:28:18,405
But I'm not finished.

473
00:28:19,448 --> 00:28:23,410
CAMELLIA

474
00:28:31,293 --> 00:28:33,545
Don't come over when you're drunk.
You can't anymore.

475
00:28:34,254 --> 00:28:35,505
-What?
-I live with a woman now,

476
00:28:35,589 --> 00:28:36,423
so you can't.

477
00:28:36,506 --> 00:28:38,634
I'm sorry. Something just came up.

478
00:28:54,399 --> 00:28:55,859
Let me see if I got my paycheck.

479
00:29:00,906 --> 00:29:02,407
I should tell her about mobile banking.

480
00:29:06,620 --> 00:29:08,705
Good job to me
for working hard for a month.

481
00:29:09,790 --> 00:29:11,375
<i>Please take your passbook.</i>

482
00:29:12,376 --> 00:29:13,627
It's my first salary.

483
00:29:18,048 --> 00:29:19,508
Dong-min must be crazy.

484
00:29:20,676 --> 00:29:23,178
Look at this. Am I confused?

485
00:29:25,514 --> 00:29:26,723
What is this?

486
00:29:27,432 --> 00:29:29,726
Maybe it's alimony.

487
00:29:29,810 --> 00:29:32,813
He told me he was penniless when we split.

488
00:29:33,313 --> 00:29:34,481
He said he had no money.

489
00:29:35,482 --> 00:29:37,025
Didn't you get a call?

490
00:29:38,277 --> 00:29:40,445
He never even called Jae-hui.

491
00:29:42,114 --> 00:29:44,992
Then what about an email?
He could've sent you something.

492
00:29:45,784 --> 00:29:46,743
What?

493
00:29:47,244 --> 00:29:49,413
<i>Hi, Dan-i. It's me.</i>

494
00:29:50,998 --> 00:29:53,250
<i>It's already been a year since we split.</i>

495
00:29:54,751 --> 00:29:56,295
<i>Back then, things were so hectic for me.</i>

496
00:29:57,921 --> 00:29:58,964
OMG.

497
00:29:59,548 --> 00:30:01,800
What's gotten into him? He's dope!

498
00:30:01,967 --> 00:30:03,468
He was a total savage.

499
00:30:06,096 --> 00:30:07,180
That money was my alimony.

500
00:30:07,889 --> 00:30:08,932
For Jae-hui's tuition.

501
00:30:09,016 --> 00:30:10,892
"OMG. Dope. Savage."

502
00:30:10,976 --> 00:30:12,728
Don't say stuff like that. You make books.

503
00:30:13,020 --> 00:30:14,229
It's fun.

504
00:30:14,313 --> 00:30:16,106
It makes me feel
like a troublemaker again.

505
00:30:17,024 --> 00:30:20,444
But what has gotten into Dong-min?

506
00:30:20,944 --> 00:30:24,448
I wonder if he's suddenly
feeling sorry for Jae-hui.

507
00:30:26,116 --> 00:30:27,659
Why did you like him?

508
00:30:29,244 --> 00:30:30,078
What?

509
00:30:30,162 --> 00:30:33,415
I still don't get
why you fell in love with him.

510
00:30:35,542 --> 00:30:36,960
I don't know either.

511
00:30:39,087 --> 00:30:43,342
I don't think I have ever thought
about love in depth.

512
00:30:45,260 --> 00:30:47,554
From the moment I met him,

513
00:30:48,180 --> 00:30:51,475
he was fun to be around,
and he was good to me.

514
00:30:52,476 --> 00:30:55,479
Back then, I was foolish enough
to think that was love.

515
00:30:56,646 --> 00:30:58,732
What about now? What do you think love is?

516
00:31:01,860 --> 00:31:02,903
I'm not sure.

517
00:31:04,905 --> 00:31:06,740
If that's actually what love is,

518
00:31:07,449 --> 00:31:09,451
I feel like it's a little boring.

519
00:31:10,494 --> 00:31:13,747
But back then,
my feelings for him were sincere.

520
00:31:14,039 --> 00:31:15,957
So that seems to be enough.

521
00:31:18,710 --> 00:31:20,670
That means you've never been in love.

522
00:31:21,588 --> 00:31:23,882
I guess so.
But there's nothing I can do about that.

523
00:31:26,718 --> 00:31:28,929
It's all over for me now.

524
00:31:34,893 --> 00:31:36,728
Let's go somewhere on the weekend.
I got paid.

525
00:31:37,729 --> 00:31:39,981
I'll pay. It's been a while
since I last treated you.

526
00:33:41,269 --> 00:33:43,563
I wanted to get you a gift
with my first paycheck.

527
00:33:43,647 --> 00:33:44,689
What do you want?

528
00:33:45,649 --> 00:33:47,359
I'm not sure. Let's see.

529
00:33:47,776 --> 00:33:49,361
Think of something nice.

530
00:33:50,111 --> 00:33:51,988
Dan-i, do you remember
buying me a padded jacket

531
00:33:52,072 --> 00:33:53,365
with your first paycheck?

532
00:33:54,074 --> 00:33:56,493
-Yes.
-Why did you buy me that?

533
00:33:57,327 --> 00:33:58,537
Isn't it obvious?

534
00:33:59,162 --> 00:34:01,456
It was winter, and it was cold.

535
00:34:02,874 --> 00:34:05,669
I'm sure other people were cold as well
because it was winter.

536
00:34:05,752 --> 00:34:06,962
So why me?

537
00:34:08,213 --> 00:34:10,799
Do you have a problem with that?

538
00:34:11,466 --> 00:34:13,218
No, I don't have a problem.

539
00:34:13,301 --> 00:34:15,095
But I'm saying you should think about it.

540
00:34:15,971 --> 00:34:18,390
What's there to think about?

541
00:34:18,473 --> 00:34:19,516
It was winter,

542
00:34:19,599 --> 00:34:22,060
and I figured you could wear it
on top of your uniform.

543
00:34:25,105 --> 00:34:28,024
Forget it. Let's just drop it, you dummy.

544
00:34:28,233 --> 00:34:29,317
What's your problem?

545
00:34:29,401 --> 00:34:32,195
You know, there are times
when you act like a wacko.

546
00:34:32,821 --> 00:34:34,781
Fine, I'm the lunatic. Happy now?

547
00:34:36,116 --> 00:34:37,158
You lunatic.

548
00:34:37,909 --> 00:34:39,035
Are you drunk?

549
00:34:41,413 --> 00:34:43,039
Are you not going there tonight?

550
00:34:43,206 --> 00:34:45,041
The place you went to after getting drunk.

551
00:34:45,875 --> 00:34:47,168
Who's the girl?

552
00:34:47,252 --> 00:34:48,628
I thought it was Hae-rin.

553
00:34:49,963 --> 00:34:52,215
Forget about it.
You don't know who she is anyway.

554
00:34:53,008 --> 00:34:55,135
-You're so complicated.
-Fine.

555
00:34:55,218 --> 00:34:57,387
I'm complicated and a lunatic.
Are you happy now?

556
00:34:58,096 --> 00:34:59,389
Why are you picking a fight?

557
00:35:00,098 --> 00:35:02,976
We had a nice day,
but you're ruining everything now.

558
00:35:03,059 --> 00:35:04,352
You're the one who ruined it.

559
00:35:10,567 --> 00:35:11,568
What's this?

560
00:35:11,651 --> 00:35:13,194
Why are you holding my hand?

561
00:35:13,278 --> 00:35:14,988
I've been holding it for a while.

562
00:35:15,989 --> 00:35:16,990
You're right.

563
00:35:21,244 --> 00:35:23,997
-That looks delicious.
-Let's just go.

564
00:35:24,080 --> 00:35:25,206
Let's eat it.

565
00:35:25,582 --> 00:35:27,709
Hey, let's just go. I'll get fat.

566
00:35:28,043 --> 00:35:30,545
-You should get a little fat.
-Stop it. Let's just go.

567
00:35:30,837 --> 00:35:32,172
-No.
-You're too skinny.

568
00:35:36,635 --> 00:35:38,887
<i>The hedgehog is angry again.</i>

569
00:35:39,763 --> 00:35:42,349
<i>That's all because of the baby kangaroo.</i>

570
00:35:56,363 --> 00:35:57,530
Ji-yul.

571
00:35:59,282 --> 00:36:01,993
Who in the world uses whiteout

572
00:36:03,953 --> 00:36:05,538
to edit a manuscript?

573
00:36:08,708 --> 00:36:10,543
I thought it'd be better

574
00:36:10,627 --> 00:36:12,420
to erase and edit the mistakes.

575
00:36:14,422 --> 00:36:15,632
Are you kidding me?

576
00:36:16,174 --> 00:36:19,094
Do you even know what your job is?

577
00:36:19,678 --> 00:36:22,138
Do you think it makes sense for an editor

578
00:36:22,222 --> 00:36:25,392
not to be aware of the basic rules
of editing a manuscript?

579
00:36:25,975 --> 00:36:26,893
I'm sorry.

580
00:36:26,976 --> 00:36:28,728
Yes, you should be sorry.

581
00:36:28,812 --> 00:36:31,231
You should be very sorry.

582
00:36:31,314 --> 00:36:33,525
Let me see that.

583
00:36:33,608 --> 00:36:34,901
This...

584
00:36:39,322 --> 00:36:41,324
Goodness, this is...

585
00:36:42,117 --> 00:36:43,618
It's nice and clear.

586
00:36:44,786 --> 00:36:46,913
This will help you learn
how to edit a manuscript.

587
00:36:46,996 --> 00:36:47,914
Memorize everything.

588
00:36:48,498 --> 00:36:50,041
She does have potential...

589
00:36:51,960 --> 00:36:52,836
I'm sorry.

590
00:36:53,294 --> 00:36:54,754
-Ji-yul.
-Yes?

591
00:36:56,464 --> 00:36:57,590
My desk is over there.

592
00:37:03,805 --> 00:37:07,058
My mom thought I should
get a comfortable chair

593
00:37:07,142 --> 00:37:10,395
since I always work late
editing manuscripts.

594
00:37:11,438 --> 00:37:12,689
Is that not allowed?

595
00:37:15,817 --> 00:37:19,070
Is there a rule saying we're not allowed
to bring our own office chairs?

596
00:37:19,154 --> 00:37:19,988
-No.
-Right.

597
00:37:20,071 --> 00:37:20,905
There's no such rule.

598
00:37:20,989 --> 00:37:22,323
-There's no such rule.
-No.

599
00:37:22,407 --> 00:37:24,451
-There shouldn't be such a rule.
-It doesn't exist.

600
00:37:24,534 --> 00:37:27,036
Gosh, can I try sitting on it?

601
00:37:27,120 --> 00:37:29,998
Dan-i, I think we need to have a meeting.

602
00:37:30,081 --> 00:37:32,208
-It looks nice.
-Where are you right now?

603
00:37:33,752 --> 00:37:36,921
I thought of a few phrases on the weekend.

604
00:37:44,721 --> 00:37:46,973
Yours are a lot similar to mine.

605
00:37:47,265 --> 00:37:48,850
The book is really interesting.

606
00:37:48,933 --> 00:37:50,602
I hope it sells well.

607
00:37:51,186 --> 00:37:52,520
Any other thoughts?

608
00:37:54,773 --> 00:37:56,316
I think we should leave out

609
00:37:56,399 --> 00:38:00,445
<i>The Declaration of the White</i>
among the list of short stories.

610
00:38:00,695 --> 00:38:02,655
I also wanted to take that one out.

611
00:38:02,739 --> 00:38:04,365
But the writer insisted on keeping it.

612
00:38:05,366 --> 00:38:07,827
It's very different
from the other stories.

613
00:38:07,911 --> 00:38:10,747
So I thought it'd be better
to extend the storyline

614
00:38:10,830 --> 00:38:13,625
and make it into a novella instead.

615
00:38:14,417 --> 00:38:16,836
Good idea. We don't have much time
until it gets published.

616
00:38:17,045 --> 00:38:19,172
So let's try to convince the writer.

617
00:38:35,522 --> 00:38:36,856
Did you ask for me, Ms. Go?

618
00:38:37,440 --> 00:38:38,942
Is your meeting with Ms. Song over now?

619
00:38:39,400 --> 00:38:42,445
Yes, there were a lot of additional things
we needed to research.

620
00:38:45,532 --> 00:38:46,950
I think I told you already.

621
00:38:47,075 --> 00:38:48,159
Pardon?

622
00:38:48,743 --> 00:38:50,537
I told you to focus on your actual job.

623
00:38:55,416 --> 00:38:56,543
The dry cleaner's.

624
00:38:58,461 --> 00:39:00,213
-The post office.
-Yes, ma'am.

625
00:39:09,764 --> 00:39:10,765
Yes, Ms. Go.

626
00:39:34,497 --> 00:39:35,748
Again.

627
00:39:41,462 --> 00:39:43,631
Yes, Ms. Go. I'm on my way.

628
00:39:59,856 --> 00:40:00,940
Dan-i.

629
00:40:02,025 --> 00:40:04,652
You're not a troublemaker anymore.
You're an intellectual.

630
00:40:05,153 --> 00:40:07,739
You shouldn't harm people.
You can't do that.

631
00:40:08,489 --> 00:40:10,199
You shouldn't. Hold your temper.

632
00:40:12,577 --> 00:40:14,495
Intellectual, my ass. This darn...

633
00:40:15,997 --> 00:40:17,832
<i>I've got work to take care of outside.</i>

634
00:40:18,374 --> 00:40:20,251
<i>I sent extra materials via email.</i>

635
00:40:20,835 --> 00:40:22,712
<i>Read it and we'll discuss it tomorrow.</i>

636
00:40:22,921 --> 00:40:24,964
<i>Sure thing. I'll go over every word.</i>

637
00:40:25,048 --> 00:40:26,758
MS. SONG

638
00:40:29,636 --> 00:40:30,887
Yes, Ms. Go!

639
00:40:34,182 --> 00:40:35,850
Wouldn't this be the best for wrapping?

640
00:40:36,559 --> 00:40:38,353
Yes, it's simple and neat.

641
00:40:38,770 --> 00:40:40,021
It gives off a smart vibe too.

642
00:40:40,897 --> 00:40:43,733
A fountain pen font
would seem like the best choice too.

643
00:40:43,816 --> 00:40:45,068
That sounds nice.

644
00:40:45,151 --> 00:40:47,695
I looked up some calligraphy artists.

645
00:40:48,279 --> 00:40:49,405
How about this font?

646
00:40:49,489 --> 00:40:52,158
WRITER PARK JEONG-SIK

647
00:40:52,241 --> 00:40:54,285
RECEIVING FAX

648
00:40:55,078 --> 00:40:57,038
NOTICE OF CONTRACT TERMINATION

649
00:40:57,121 --> 00:40:58,581
Hold on.

650
00:41:00,249 --> 00:41:01,250
What do you want to eat?

651
00:41:01,751 --> 00:41:03,628
-When? Right now?
-Yes.

652
00:41:04,212 --> 00:41:06,214
Dan-i, get your purse.
We're off to Gangneung.

653
00:41:06,798 --> 00:41:08,257
Seriously? This again?

654
00:41:08,341 --> 00:41:09,717
He's in Gangneung again?

655
00:41:09,801 --> 00:41:11,094
-Really?
-Unbelievable.

656
00:41:11,177 --> 00:41:14,097
He's at it again.
The notice of contract termination.

657
00:41:15,556 --> 00:41:16,975
Why is he doing this again?

658
00:41:17,058 --> 00:41:19,352
-What a douche!
-Is he insane?

659
00:41:20,937 --> 00:41:22,730
Why? What's going on?

660
00:41:22,939 --> 00:41:24,232
Aren't we off to lunch?

661
00:41:24,440 --> 00:41:26,818
Lunch isn't the issue at the moment.

662
00:41:28,444 --> 00:41:29,445
Damn it!

663
00:41:31,614 --> 00:41:32,740
Are you kidding me?

664
00:41:32,824 --> 00:41:34,534
Maybe he didn't like our marketing.

665
00:41:34,617 --> 00:41:37,161
How many times has it been already?

666
00:41:37,662 --> 00:41:39,288
I don't get it.

667
00:41:39,372 --> 00:41:41,708
He can't end a contract
by just returning the deposit.

668
00:41:41,791 --> 00:41:43,376
What about our time and effort?

669
00:41:43,584 --> 00:41:46,004
What about Hae-rin's hard work?

670
00:41:46,087 --> 00:41:48,589
Can someone explain what's going on?

671
00:41:49,090 --> 00:41:51,384
It's the book Hae-rin and Dan-i
have been working on.

672
00:41:51,467 --> 00:41:53,469
The writer doesn't want to publish it.

673
00:41:54,053 --> 00:41:56,806
Apparently, he wants
to terminate the contract via fax.

674
00:41:56,931 --> 00:41:58,599
It's the third time already.

675
00:42:00,101 --> 00:42:02,228
I can't believe it. Is he serious?

676
00:42:09,277 --> 00:42:12,321
<i>Does publishing stop</i>
<i>if the writer terminates the contract?</i>

677
00:42:12,822 --> 00:42:14,157
Won't we get to publish it?

678
00:42:14,282 --> 00:42:17,326
It's not as easy as it sounds
since we put in resources too.

679
00:42:17,910 --> 00:42:20,204
We can't ask the writer to pay it back.

680
00:42:20,913 --> 00:42:23,624
And we can't cancel
right before its launch.

681
00:42:23,958 --> 00:42:25,918
Then, we must change his mind then.

682
00:42:34,010 --> 00:42:35,344
Are we in the right place?

683
00:42:36,179 --> 00:42:39,182
I'm going to kill him.

684
00:42:39,474 --> 00:42:41,601
I poured three years into this.

685
00:42:41,684 --> 00:42:43,978
Is being a writer all that matters?
What about my hard work?

686
00:42:45,772 --> 00:42:47,523
You better be prepared because

687
00:42:47,607 --> 00:42:49,067
I'll teach him a lesson.

688
00:42:51,277 --> 00:42:52,653
Shouldn't we stop her?

689
00:42:52,737 --> 00:42:54,280
Why? I'll teach him a lesson too.

690
00:42:55,615 --> 00:42:57,366
Are they trying to make things worse?

691
00:42:58,910 --> 00:43:00,870
Mr. Cha, Ms. Song, hold on!

692
00:43:00,953 --> 00:43:03,498
Mr. Park, this is Song Hae-rin.

693
00:43:04,040 --> 00:43:05,625
Open up so we can talk.

694
00:43:06,334 --> 00:43:07,543
Mr. Park!

695
00:43:07,627 --> 00:43:10,254
Park Jeong-sik, open up!

696
00:43:11,339 --> 00:43:13,007
Avoiding us won't solve anything.

697
00:43:13,091 --> 00:43:14,717
What a nutjob.

698
00:43:15,218 --> 00:43:17,804
You run away and go into hiding
whenever you please.

699
00:43:17,887 --> 00:43:20,306
Just know that you're dead meat today.

700
00:43:20,807 --> 00:43:22,642
-Open up!
-Please, don't.

701
00:43:29,232 --> 00:43:30,233
Mr. Park.

702
00:43:30,316 --> 00:43:33,569
We came all the way from Seoul to see you.

703
00:43:33,653 --> 00:43:34,987
No one's home, you know.

704
00:43:35,071 --> 00:43:36,906
He left about an hour ago.

705
00:43:36,989 --> 00:43:39,242
It's the young writer, right?

706
00:43:39,325 --> 00:43:41,702
My gosh, this is great.

707
00:43:45,373 --> 00:43:46,582
Do you remember me?

708
00:43:46,666 --> 00:43:48,793
I came by last year
and the year before that.

709
00:43:49,961 --> 00:43:52,505
When will Mr. Park be back?

710
00:43:53,506 --> 00:43:56,134
-I'm not sure.
-I already knew. His car was gone.

711
00:43:57,760 --> 00:43:59,053
Do you have any rooms left?

712
00:44:00,012 --> 00:44:00,888
One, two...

713
00:44:03,683 --> 00:44:06,310
<i>Mr. Park, we arrived</i>
<i>an hour ago from Seoul.</i>

714
00:44:06,394 --> 00:44:08,146
"Mr. Park, we love you." And make a heart.

715
00:44:08,729 --> 00:44:09,564
You look pretty.

716
00:44:10,064 --> 00:44:12,441
<i>This is Kang Dan-i</i>
<i>who's in charge of marketing.</i>

717
00:44:12,942 --> 00:44:14,735
<i>-She's your number one fan.</i>
-It's your turn.

718
00:44:19,407 --> 00:44:22,410
<i>Our chief editor drove all the way here.</i>

719
00:44:23,578 --> 00:44:25,371
One, two, three.

720
00:44:25,913 --> 00:44:29,250
<i>We came all the way here</i>
<i>to eat</i> jjajangmyeon.

721
00:44:29,750 --> 00:44:31,961
<i>We were worried that you might come back</i>

722
00:44:32,044 --> 00:44:33,588
<i>while we went out to eat sashimi.</i>

723
00:44:33,838 --> 00:44:36,299
<i>Mr. Park, there weren't any rooms left,</i>

724
00:44:36,883 --> 00:44:38,801
<i>so we're waiting outside in the cold.</i>

725
00:44:40,178 --> 00:44:43,639
I said there's a vacant room
you can wait in.

726
00:44:43,723 --> 00:44:45,099
What are you doing out in the cold?

727
00:44:46,726 --> 00:44:48,269
Don't tell him about the vacant room.

728
00:44:48,352 --> 00:44:51,189
You must tell him
we were like this all day.

729
00:44:51,480 --> 00:44:53,441
My gosh.

730
00:44:58,821 --> 00:44:59,822
Darn.

731
00:45:01,115 --> 00:45:04,243
<i>Mr. Park, Gangwon Province sure is cold.</i>

732
00:45:04,994 --> 00:45:07,747
<i>You must've been very lonely here.</i>

733
00:45:09,582 --> 00:45:10,625
I'm curious though.

734
00:45:11,792 --> 00:45:14,837
Are all writers this psychotic?

735
00:45:15,338 --> 00:45:16,881
-Gosh.
-Or...

736
00:45:16,964 --> 00:45:19,050
is it just him?

737
00:45:21,177 --> 00:45:22,845
-No, of course not.
-Mr. Park!

738
00:45:22,929 --> 00:45:24,096
-No.
-No?

739
00:45:28,601 --> 00:45:29,936
Follow him.

740
00:45:32,730 --> 00:45:35,858
Hold on a second, Mr. Park.

741
00:45:43,366 --> 00:45:44,325
I'm so sorry.

742
00:46:28,244 --> 00:46:29,078
Mr. Park!

743
00:46:55,146 --> 00:46:56,188
Is there still no reply?

744
00:46:58,107 --> 00:47:00,276
I told him that we'd wait here.

745
00:47:03,863 --> 00:47:05,197
It's Mr. Kim.

746
00:47:07,408 --> 00:47:08,409
Yes?

747
00:47:09,327 --> 00:47:12,288
We met him last night
but didn't get a chance to talk.

748
00:47:14,206 --> 00:47:15,207
Right.

749
00:47:16,208 --> 00:47:17,293
I think...

750
00:47:32,350 --> 00:47:33,476
Well, I think that

751
00:47:34,477 --> 00:47:37,396
he got nervous
because the release is close.

752
00:47:38,439 --> 00:47:39,607
I was like that too.

753
00:47:40,691 --> 00:47:42,318
I do my best when writing it,

754
00:47:42,902 --> 00:47:44,737
but the thought of having
the whole world see it

755
00:47:45,321 --> 00:47:46,697
puts me in a state of panic.

756
00:47:49,575 --> 00:47:51,118
He said this the last time.

757
00:47:52,703 --> 00:47:55,289
He doesn't know
if he has the talent to end his story.

758
00:48:01,545 --> 00:48:03,672
There's no such thing as a genius though.

759
00:48:05,007 --> 00:48:07,385
Mr. Park will know that too.

760
00:48:08,761 --> 00:48:12,014
Every writer struggles with
his writing every day.

761
00:48:13,474 --> 00:48:16,977
What will happen to the stories
if they don't

762
00:48:17,353 --> 00:48:18,979
come out into the world?

763
00:48:19,480 --> 00:48:21,357
To a writer, his writing is like his baby.

764
00:48:23,275 --> 00:48:24,860
What are you saying?

765
00:48:24,944 --> 00:48:28,280
Enough about Mr. Park.
I'm talking about our sales.

766
00:48:28,364 --> 00:48:29,865
Did you see this month's sales?

767
00:48:30,908 --> 00:48:32,118
Mr. Park is here.

768
00:48:32,868 --> 00:48:34,412
I guess he's ready now.

769
00:48:43,170 --> 00:48:44,505
That's how I felt.

770
00:48:45,840 --> 00:48:47,216
As the launch date drew near,

771
00:48:48,968 --> 00:48:50,678
my novel suddenly seemed like trash.

772
00:48:52,138 --> 00:48:54,223
I finally calmed myself down,

773
00:48:54,348 --> 00:48:56,600
but receiving the marketing materials
made me more nervous.

774
00:48:58,519 --> 00:49:00,521
"A book I give to myself as a gift."

775
00:49:01,188 --> 00:49:02,648
That's the concept, right?

776
00:49:03,858 --> 00:49:06,610
I'm worried that
the disappointment might be doubled.

777
00:49:07,570 --> 00:49:11,365
Mr. Park, can I be
brutally honest with you?

778
00:49:12,825 --> 00:49:15,369
Your book won't do well in sales.

779
00:49:16,912 --> 00:49:17,746
What?

780
00:49:17,830 --> 00:49:20,291
People these days don't read books much.

781
00:49:21,292 --> 00:49:23,919
Unless it's a best seller,
you sell less than 3,000 copies.

782
00:49:24,545 --> 00:49:25,671
What this means is that

783
00:49:26,255 --> 00:49:27,882
only 3,000 people will laugh at it

784
00:49:27,965 --> 00:49:30,092
and only 3,000 people will say it's crap.

785
00:49:30,968 --> 00:49:32,011
Only 3,000 people?

786
00:49:33,846 --> 00:49:36,515
I can write whatever I want

787
00:49:38,017 --> 00:49:39,852
and be humiliated I guess.

788
00:49:42,438 --> 00:49:43,564
Then I'll soon forget

789
00:49:44,690 --> 00:49:45,524
and be forgotten.

790
00:49:46,650 --> 00:49:48,152
I guess I could do that.

791
00:49:50,029 --> 00:49:52,323
However, we're enamored by your writing,

792
00:49:52,406 --> 00:49:53,949
so we'll do our best to sell it.

793
00:49:54,241 --> 00:49:55,701
We wish to make secondary copies

794
00:49:55,784 --> 00:49:57,786
and have many more people read it.

795
00:49:59,330 --> 00:50:00,789
Your writing is great.

796
00:50:03,626 --> 00:50:04,752
Thank you.

797
00:50:06,921 --> 00:50:10,716
Ms. Song is the one I should apologize to.

798
00:50:11,342 --> 00:50:14,053
She helped me every time I faltered.

799
00:50:18,516 --> 00:50:19,517
Also, her too.

800
00:50:20,893 --> 00:50:22,061
Ms. Kang Dan-i.

801
00:50:23,437 --> 00:50:26,774
Her words brought me
great comfort yesterday.

802
00:50:44,792 --> 00:50:46,460
Mr. Park, if you're there,

803
00:50:47,086 --> 00:50:48,963
please hear me out.

804
00:50:53,175 --> 00:50:56,887
I spent 11 years as a housewife.

805
00:50:57,805 --> 00:51:00,391
To raise my child,
I took time off from work.

806
00:51:02,768 --> 00:51:06,647
I only started working again a month ago

807
00:51:07,231 --> 00:51:08,440
after a seven-year break.

808
00:51:09,984 --> 00:51:13,028
Before I joined this publishing house,

809
00:51:13,529 --> 00:51:18,325
I thought that I could do my best
if anyone just hired me.

810
00:51:19,285 --> 00:51:20,286
However,

811
00:51:20,869 --> 00:51:22,454
when I actually got the job,

812
00:51:23,122 --> 00:51:25,624
I suddenly got really scared.

813
00:51:27,835 --> 00:51:29,962
I didn't know if I could do well.

814
00:51:31,005 --> 00:51:32,381
What if I couldn't?

815
00:51:33,882 --> 00:51:35,009
I was worried.

816
00:51:39,346 --> 00:51:42,474
However, those thoughts

817
00:51:43,350 --> 00:51:47,104
went away as soon
as I took a step forward.

818
00:51:49,857 --> 00:51:51,567
Once I started my job,

819
00:51:52,610 --> 00:51:54,111
the fear disappeared.

820
00:51:54,612 --> 00:51:57,156
All that was left
was my will to do better.

821
00:51:59,575 --> 00:52:02,995
And now, I enjoy my job.

822
00:52:05,205 --> 00:52:08,542
I'm even in charge
of marketing your book now.

823
00:52:11,545 --> 00:52:12,546
I...

824
00:52:14,506 --> 00:52:16,425
really want to do a good job.

825
00:52:26,185 --> 00:52:28,604
Your book is truly great.

826
00:52:29,355 --> 00:52:33,067
I want it to be published
so that many can read it.

827
00:52:33,150 --> 00:52:35,402
What do you like about it?
Explain concretely.

828
00:52:38,906 --> 00:52:41,742
It wasn't just once.
She read it multiple times.

829
00:52:42,368 --> 00:52:44,495
She even memorized
some of the phrases she liked.

830
00:52:49,750 --> 00:52:52,670
That's why I got a haircut this morning

831
00:52:54,630 --> 00:52:56,173
and came back with a fresh mindset,

832
00:52:57,966 --> 00:52:59,009
so to speak.

833
00:54:16,628 --> 00:54:18,046
It didn't exist until yesterday.

834
00:54:18,714 --> 00:54:19,882
You're right.

835
00:54:21,341 --> 00:54:23,427
It's a book you published.

836
00:54:26,388 --> 00:54:29,141
I tear up when a new book comes out.

837
00:54:32,644 --> 00:54:35,522
Hold on. We can't just let this day pass.

838
00:54:36,315 --> 00:54:37,149
A photo?

839
00:54:40,986 --> 00:54:43,697
-Ta-da!
-Where did you get those?

840
00:54:45,783 --> 00:54:47,951
-Right here.
-You keep those in there?

841
00:54:48,160 --> 00:54:50,496
It's a secret that no one knows.

842
00:54:51,079 --> 00:54:54,291
<i>Finally, our new book is out. Coming soon!</i>

843
00:54:56,418 --> 00:54:57,336
You're here.

844
00:54:57,544 --> 00:55:00,214
Where did you go after making
an employee take care of the shop?

845
00:55:00,297 --> 00:55:02,216
-Did you wait long?
-Just give me the purse.

846
00:55:02,299 --> 00:55:04,301
You know you're here
to get a freebie, right?

847
00:55:08,055 --> 00:55:09,765
I wonder if it'll look good on Dan-i.

848
00:55:11,225 --> 00:55:12,184
It's pretty.

849
00:55:12,810 --> 00:55:14,436
Everything suits her anyway.

850
00:55:14,937 --> 00:55:16,772
You were always busy when we were dating,

851
00:55:16,855 --> 00:55:18,816
but you ran over here
when you heard I had it.

852
00:55:19,942 --> 00:55:21,151
I was on my way here.

853
00:55:21,735 --> 00:55:24,071
Is that so? You were on your way here?

854
00:55:26,990 --> 00:55:30,035
Does Dan-i understand you
if you put it that way?

855
00:55:31,036 --> 00:55:33,372
Does she think
that you were really in the vicinity?

856
00:55:35,624 --> 00:55:38,752
Stop beating around the bush
and be honest with her.

857
00:55:39,378 --> 00:55:40,212
About what?

858
00:55:40,337 --> 00:55:42,631
You like Dan-i.

859
00:55:46,969 --> 00:55:48,887
When you work,

860
00:55:49,555 --> 00:55:51,682
you seem to really love it.

861
00:55:52,391 --> 00:55:54,601
Oh, please. You work hard as well.

862
00:55:59,356 --> 00:56:03,443
Being unlucky in relationships
has made me dive into work.

863
00:56:03,735 --> 00:56:06,488
That's odd.
I find you absolutely charming.

864
00:56:07,239 --> 00:56:09,575
You could probably get any man you like.

865
00:56:14,162 --> 00:56:16,373
The guy I like doesn't like me back.

866
00:56:18,041 --> 00:56:19,334
He doesn't even know that I do.

867
00:56:25,257 --> 00:56:26,592
Why aren't you answering me?

868
00:56:28,385 --> 00:56:29,636
You love Dan-i.

869
00:56:32,347 --> 00:56:33,599
Am I wrong?

870
00:56:37,603 --> 00:56:38,437
You're right.

871
00:56:39,646 --> 00:56:40,522
I think I do.

872
00:56:42,482 --> 00:56:43,859
<i>The guy I like</i>

873
00:56:44,735 --> 00:56:46,403
told me this one day.

874
00:56:47,946 --> 00:56:49,156
Whenever he drinks,

875
00:56:49,865 --> 00:56:51,742
he ends up wanting to see this person.

876
00:56:52,743 --> 00:56:54,077
So whenever he drinks,

877
00:56:54,953 --> 00:56:56,204
he ends up going to her house.

878
00:56:58,582 --> 00:57:00,167
<i>Where did you go last night?</i>

879
00:57:00,751 --> 00:57:02,127
Where the girl I like lives.

880
00:57:04,087 --> 00:57:05,339
<i>Does she have a crush</i>

881
00:57:06,798 --> 00:57:07,925
<i>on Eun-ho?</i>

882
00:57:08,508 --> 00:57:09,384
That's why

883
00:57:11,219 --> 00:57:12,679
whenever I got drunk,

884
00:57:14,431 --> 00:57:15,641
I went to his house.

885
00:57:17,267 --> 00:57:20,312
"I also go where the man I like lives
when I get drunk."

886
00:57:22,147 --> 00:57:23,982
That was my reasoning behind it.

887
00:57:26,610 --> 00:57:28,862
But he didn't know how I felt about him.

888
00:57:38,747 --> 00:57:40,707
<i>When Dan-i smiles, I'm happy.</i>

889
00:57:41,667 --> 00:57:45,003
When Dan-i cries,
my heart breaks and it drives me crazy.

890
00:57:46,171 --> 00:57:48,298
When she struggles, I struggle too.

891
00:57:50,550 --> 00:57:51,927
I miss her when she's not with me.

892
00:57:54,888 --> 00:57:56,598
If that's love, I guess I love her then.

893
00:57:57,432 --> 00:57:59,184
You must tell her then.

894
00:57:59,768 --> 00:58:00,769
But I don't know

895
00:58:01,061 --> 00:58:04,690
if I like her as a friend
or for who she is.

896
00:58:06,316 --> 00:58:07,442
I can't tell.

897
00:58:08,777 --> 00:58:10,278
I'm curious about my feelings too.

898
00:58:12,239 --> 00:58:13,782
Aren't you being too careful?

899
00:58:13,865 --> 00:58:16,493
The Cha Eun-ho I know
is more impatient than this.

900
00:58:18,078 --> 00:58:19,621
Yes, I'm being careful.

901
00:58:20,622 --> 00:58:24,710
But I'm going to be way more careful.
People might think I'm indecisive.

902
00:58:25,210 --> 00:58:26,920
I want to check 100 more times

903
00:58:27,504 --> 00:58:29,047
how deep my feelings run for her

904
00:58:30,298 --> 00:58:32,092
and how strong her feelings are.

905
00:58:33,719 --> 00:58:36,638
I also want to wait
until the day my feelings are

906
00:58:37,264 --> 00:58:38,557
reciprocated by hers.

907
00:58:40,058 --> 00:58:42,436
She's not someone
I can easily date and break up with.

908
00:58:44,980 --> 00:58:46,231
To me, Dan-i is

909
00:58:49,651 --> 00:58:51,069
that important to me.

910
00:59:00,203 --> 00:59:01,955
She comes to my place when she gets drunk

911
00:59:02,497 --> 00:59:04,458
to talk about work and her boyfriend.

912
00:59:07,252 --> 00:59:08,378
Let me get this straight.

913
00:59:08,879 --> 00:59:11,006
Ms. Song likes Eun-ho.

914
00:59:11,882 --> 00:59:13,425
When Eun-ho drinks,

915
00:59:14,676 --> 00:59:16,470
he goes to someone else's house

916
00:59:17,554 --> 00:59:19,306
because he likes someone else.

917
01:00:02,933 --> 01:00:04,059
Did you drink again?

918
01:00:44,724 --> 01:00:46,017
I have nowhere to go.

919
01:00:49,855 --> 01:00:51,189
I have nowhere to go again.

920
01:01:04,286 --> 01:01:05,120
Ms. Green Onions.

921
01:01:11,960 --> 01:01:13,086
What are you doing here?

922
01:01:27,517 --> 01:01:30,312
ON MY FIRST BIRTHDAY AFTER LOSING MY MOM,
DAN-I COOKED FOR ME

923
01:01:30,395 --> 01:01:32,147
IT WAS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

924
01:01:33,106 --> 01:01:35,859
SOME RELATIONSHIPS ARE LIKE GIFTS.
THAT'S WHAT OUR RELATIONSHIP IS LIKE.

925
01:01:35,942 --> 01:01:38,153
I FEARED MY GOOD DAYS WERE OVER
AND I COULDN'T RUN ANYMORE

926
01:01:38,236 --> 01:01:39,070
BUT I CAN RUN AGAIN

927
01:01:39,154 --> 01:01:40,947
I READ DAN-I'S FAVORITE BOOKS
TO UNDERSTAND HER

928
01:01:41,031 --> 01:01:42,407
THAT'S HOW I LEARNED MORE ABOUT HER

929
01:01:42,490 --> 01:01:45,535
THE MOMENT I SAID I LIKED A LAKE I SAW
WHILE ON THE BUS, SHE HIT THE STOP BUTTON

930
01:01:45,619 --> 01:01:47,037
WHEN I'M WITH HIM, I WISH THE MOMENT

931
01:01:47,120 --> 01:01:48,997
WOULD CONTINUE
AND MY DAY WOULD LAST LONGER

932
01:01:49,080 --> 01:01:50,749
HE DIDN'T ASK
WHEN HE KNEW I WAS STRUGGLING

933
01:01:50,832 --> 01:01:52,125
WE JUST HAD A SILLY CONVERSATION

934
01:01:55,712 --> 01:01:57,589
Instead of meeting by chance,

935
01:01:58,173 --> 01:01:59,257
why don't we call ahead?

936
01:01:59,341 --> 01:02:01,676
Why do you keep meeting a guy
you know nothing about?

937
01:02:01,760 --> 01:02:03,428
<i>Her friend was Ji Seo-jun?</i>

938
01:02:04,012 --> 01:02:05,096
I am interested in Ms. Kang.

939
01:02:05,180 --> 01:02:07,432
<i>A guy you barely know</i>
<i>said he was interested,</i>

940
01:02:07,515 --> 01:02:08,516
and you just nodded along.

941
01:02:08,642 --> 01:02:10,894
<i>I can't control my feelings anymore.</i>

942
01:02:10,977 --> 01:02:12,103
<i>That's love, you know.</i>

943
01:02:13,188 --> 01:02:16,441
You and Kang Byeong-jun...
What's your relationship?

944
01:02:16,942 --> 01:02:20,153
The secret behind
the title of the novel, <i>April 23.</i>

945
01:02:20,737 --> 01:02:21,738
You and I are a "we."

946
01:02:21,821 --> 01:02:22,948
That guy, Ji Seo-jun...

947
01:02:23,031 --> 01:02:24,783
<i>He's just a separate individual.</i>

948
01:02:26,743 --> 01:02:27,744
<i>Does he hate me?</i>

949
01:02:27,827 --> 01:02:29,246
<i>Or does he like Dan-i?</i>

950
01:02:31,581 --> 01:02:33,583
Subtitle translation by Hyun-joo Choi