"Romance Is a Bonus Book" KDrama Script: Ep9 (English)

1
00:00:18,894 --> 00:00:20,312
WE

2
00:00:20,395 --> 00:00:22,940
MET

3
00:00:32,908 --> 00:00:34,368
THE TWO OF THEM

4
00:00:34,451 --> 00:00:38,247
MET MANY PEOPLE

5
00:00:38,747 --> 00:00:43,126
THEY SPENT A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER

6
00:00:45,337 --> 00:00:47,547
AND READ MANY BOOKS

7
00:00:47,631 --> 00:00:50,259
TAKING WALKS, TRAVELING, READING

8
00:00:50,634 --> 00:00:53,470
LOVE, TIME,
FRIENDSHIP, COMMUNICATION

9
00:00:55,138 --> 00:00:59,476
ONCE AGAIN, I OPEN THE BOOK ABOUT YOU

10
00:01:03,021 --> 00:01:06,650
VOLUME 9

11
00:01:10,404 --> 00:01:11,989
It's so pretty.

12
00:01:13,782 --> 00:01:14,783
I know, right?

13
00:01:24,042 --> 00:01:25,002
<i>Dan-i, are you busy now?</i>

14
00:01:26,253 --> 00:01:27,754
<i>Can we meet?</i>

15
00:01:31,967 --> 00:01:33,135
<i>Eun-ho, it's snowing now.</i>

16
00:01:33,760 --> 00:01:34,761
<i>Are you looking at it?</i>

17
00:01:38,682 --> 00:01:40,475
EUN-HO, IT'S SNOWING,
ARE YOU LOOKING AT IT?

18
00:01:46,356 --> 00:01:49,776
The snow reminded me of someone.

19
00:01:57,284 --> 00:02:00,203
EUN-HO, IT'S SNOWING,
ARE YOU LOOKING AT IT?

20
00:02:20,932 --> 00:02:22,309
<i>Is she busy right now?</i>

21
00:02:23,977 --> 00:02:25,854
<i>Eun-ho is not texting back again.</i>

22
00:02:34,613 --> 00:02:36,698
<i>Instead of "I love you,"</i>

23
00:02:36,823 --> 00:02:39,034
<i>Sōseki Natsume said,
"The moon is beautiful."</i>

24
00:02:39,284 --> 00:02:41,703
<i>It was a night that made me think of him.</i>

25
00:02:43,038 --> 00:02:45,624
I told you about the author.
Do you remember?

26
00:02:47,709 --> 00:02:48,919
You do remember.

27
00:02:53,548 --> 00:02:55,384
That's why I told you,

28
00:02:56,093 --> 00:02:57,552
"The moon is beautiful."

29
00:03:06,478 --> 00:03:07,896
I just told you again.

30
00:03:08,772 --> 00:03:10,107
I told you that

31
00:03:11,149 --> 00:03:12,150
the snow is beautiful.

32
00:03:18,115 --> 00:03:20,075
It's beautiful, isn't it?

33
00:03:29,000 --> 00:03:31,211
What was that?
Do you find me attractive all of a sudden?

34
00:03:32,170 --> 00:03:33,004
Come here.

35
00:03:37,551 --> 00:03:38,593
Gosh, you.

36
00:03:43,223 --> 00:03:45,434
<i>Let's say you started
to grow feelings for a woman.</i>

37
00:03:45,517 --> 00:03:47,436
But she's eight years older than you,

38
00:03:47,519 --> 00:03:48,770
divorced and even has a kid.

39
00:03:49,229 --> 00:03:50,814
Wouldn't that turn you off?

40
00:03:55,986 --> 00:03:57,112
It didn't turn me off.

41
00:03:57,612 --> 00:03:59,030
None of that bothered me.

42
00:03:59,698 --> 00:04:02,075
You even dated a divorcée?

43
00:04:02,659 --> 00:04:03,702
Come to your senses.

44
00:04:03,785 --> 00:04:05,454
What if I keep liking her?

45
00:04:05,537 --> 00:04:06,872
I said, come to your senses.

46
00:04:07,622 --> 00:04:09,082
Thanks to you, I just did.

47
00:04:09,166 --> 00:04:11,168
Plus, she's too dumb
to know how I feel anyway.

48
00:04:12,711 --> 00:04:13,670
Do...

49
00:04:15,046 --> 00:04:16,298
you...

50
00:04:20,552 --> 00:04:21,720
Do you...

51
00:04:25,390 --> 00:04:27,017
like me?

52
00:05:12,270 --> 00:05:13,939
Why didn't he say no?

53
00:05:15,565 --> 00:05:16,399
I mean,

54
00:05:18,026 --> 00:05:19,569
he should've said

55
00:05:21,530 --> 00:05:22,781
that he doesn't.

56
00:05:23,782 --> 00:05:25,242
I almost got busted

57
00:05:26,409 --> 00:05:27,828
and rejected right on the spot.

58
00:05:40,173 --> 00:05:41,132
What does this mean?

59
00:05:48,598 --> 00:05:51,017
Then I'll be in touch
when your contract is ready.

60
00:05:51,309 --> 00:05:52,269
Sure.

61
00:06:32,517 --> 00:06:34,311
Hey, Eun-ho. We need to talk.

62
00:06:37,063 --> 00:06:38,106
Why aren't you answering?

63
00:06:38,940 --> 00:06:40,609
How could you ask about it so directly?

64
00:06:42,110 --> 00:06:43,194
Just say no.

65
00:06:44,738 --> 00:06:46,072
It's not the case, right?

66
00:06:46,948 --> 00:06:48,491
I must've gotten the wrong idea, right?

67
00:06:51,328 --> 00:06:53,204
That will make things easier
for both of us.

68
00:06:53,705 --> 00:06:56,625
If it's going to put you more at ease,
go ahead and think like that.

69
00:06:57,208 --> 00:06:58,209
Are you kidding me?

70
00:07:02,464 --> 00:07:04,799
Come on. We have to finish that
by the end of today.

71
00:07:16,561 --> 00:07:18,480
My answer is no. Are we good now?

72
00:07:19,981 --> 00:07:20,815
Come on.

73
00:07:44,089 --> 00:07:45,131
I'll start reading.

74
00:07:46,257 --> 00:07:50,637
"I'm learning how to hide
behind your assumptions."

75
00:07:53,556 --> 00:07:55,141
<i>Then what was that about?</i>

76
00:07:57,227 --> 00:08:00,271
-"Others don't think they know me..."
-<i>Did he use that?</i>

77
00:08:07,028 --> 00:08:10,156
"Others don't think they know me."
A period here.

78
00:08:11,825 --> 00:08:14,077
"Keep in mind
that your assumptions about me

79
00:08:14,661 --> 00:08:16,287
are always wrong."

80
00:08:26,172 --> 00:08:27,298
Focus, will you?

81
00:08:27,799 --> 00:08:28,842
I told you my answer is no.

82
00:08:29,384 --> 00:08:32,095
-How dare you. I'm older than you.
-I'm sick of hearing that.

83
00:08:33,805 --> 00:08:34,848
It's so weird.

84
00:08:35,348 --> 00:08:36,474
When I was

85
00:08:37,517 --> 00:08:40,186
resting my head on your shoulder
for a few minutes,

86
00:08:40,687 --> 00:08:43,773
I totally felt something weird on my...

87
00:08:45,567 --> 00:08:46,651
I definitely felt it.

88
00:08:49,404 --> 00:08:50,780
Something weird? Like what?

89
00:08:51,614 --> 00:08:53,616
It felt as if someone's hand

90
00:08:54,951 --> 00:08:56,202
was caressing my face.

91
00:08:56,911 --> 00:08:59,873
You were snoring. Did you even have
a dirty dream on top of that?

92
00:08:59,956 --> 00:09:01,082
I didn't snore.

93
00:09:01,166 --> 00:09:03,209
I've never snored in my entire life.

94
00:09:03,293 --> 00:09:04,377
Right, I bet.

95
00:09:04,461 --> 00:09:06,755
You could even probably read
as soon as you were born.

96
00:09:07,714 --> 00:09:08,882
Hey, read that part again.

97
00:09:17,807 --> 00:09:19,309
I have to read this all over again.

98
00:09:21,019 --> 00:09:24,856
"I'm learning how to hide
behind your assumptions."

99
00:09:25,982 --> 00:09:26,900
Period.

100
00:09:28,151 --> 00:09:29,152
I'm just wondering.

101
00:09:30,070 --> 00:09:31,279
What will you do if I like you?

102
00:09:31,362 --> 00:09:32,655
That's just absurd.

103
00:09:34,365 --> 00:09:35,700
What's absurd about it?

104
00:09:35,950 --> 00:09:37,285
A man having feelings for a woman.

105
00:09:37,368 --> 00:09:40,163
Just keep on reading.
We have to go to work tomorrow.

106
00:09:40,747 --> 00:09:41,706
Okay.

107
00:09:43,374 --> 00:09:46,503
"Others don't think they know me."

108
00:09:49,047 --> 00:09:52,300
But shouldn't you be excited
if I said I had feelings for you?

109
00:09:53,676 --> 00:09:55,970
Where will you find a guy like me?
I'm a pretty good catch.

110
00:09:56,137 --> 00:09:58,014
I'm handsome and smart.

111
00:09:58,556 --> 00:10:00,058
All my books become best sellers.

112
00:10:00,141 --> 00:10:01,643
Everyone tells me...

113
00:10:01,851 --> 00:10:04,270
Everyone always tells me
that I'm a genius, but I'm modest.

114
00:10:04,354 --> 00:10:06,648
God, you need a good scolding.

115
00:10:06,731 --> 00:10:09,234
Dan-i, you should think about it.
If you accept me...

116
00:10:09,317 --> 00:10:10,360
-Think about what?
-I'll...

117
00:10:10,443 --> 00:10:11,820
-You're hurting me!
-What?

118
00:10:11,903 --> 00:10:13,029
I'll be good to you.

119
00:10:16,533 --> 00:10:17,617
Should I like you?

120
00:10:18,201 --> 00:10:19,494
Should I just like you?

121
00:10:21,329 --> 00:10:23,832
If I do, will you give in and date me?

122
00:10:24,999 --> 00:10:26,501
Don't you get cheeky with me.

123
00:10:30,213 --> 00:10:32,048
You're actually pretty cute, Dan-i.

124
00:10:32,674 --> 00:10:33,925
And beautiful.

125
00:10:36,636 --> 00:10:38,471
I love you, Dan-i.

126
00:10:46,563 --> 00:10:47,564
Seriously.

127
00:10:49,524 --> 00:10:51,025
Stop acting up, will you?

128
00:10:52,819 --> 00:10:55,321
I have to use violence
to knock some sense into you, don't I?

129
00:10:57,198 --> 00:10:58,283
Keep reading.

130
00:11:03,079 --> 00:11:05,123
"Keep in mind
that your assumptions about me are..."

131
00:11:50,960 --> 00:11:52,378
I thought you had plans.

132
00:11:52,962 --> 00:11:54,797
I thought the same.
You were texting someone.

133
00:11:54,881 --> 00:11:56,841
I guess you didn't hear back
from the person.

134
00:11:59,552 --> 00:12:01,554
Why come alone on a day like this?

135
00:12:02,138 --> 00:12:03,264
I should be asking you that.

136
00:12:14,442 --> 00:12:18,529
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

137
00:12:18,613 --> 00:12:20,990
This one is for Mr. Kim.

138
00:12:21,366 --> 00:12:24,827
This is for Ms. Go. Another one for her.
This is for Eun-ho.

139
00:12:24,911 --> 00:12:26,788
I mean, Mr. Cha.

140
00:12:27,830 --> 00:12:28,915
Mr. Cha.

141
00:12:31,042 --> 00:12:31,876
This one is...

142
00:12:32,502 --> 00:12:33,795
It's for Mr. Kang.

143
00:12:33,878 --> 00:12:34,921
TO AUTHOR KANG BYEONG-JUN

144
00:12:35,004 --> 00:12:36,339
Is this from his fan?

145
00:12:37,465 --> 00:12:39,467
Hey, friend! It's been a while.

146
00:12:39,550 --> 00:12:40,927
How have you been, Ms. Seo?

147
00:12:41,511 --> 00:12:44,055
Hey, come on. We've decided to be friends.

148
00:12:44,430 --> 00:12:45,473
Don't be like this.

149
00:12:46,349 --> 00:12:48,267
Let's be friends.
Hey, how do you do this again?

150
00:12:48,351 --> 00:12:49,560
-That's not it.
-What?

151
00:12:51,354 --> 00:12:52,271
Is this it?

152
00:12:57,276 --> 00:12:58,361
You must've been busy.

153
00:12:58,611 --> 00:13:00,780
Did you finish digitizing the manuscript,
my friend?

154
00:13:01,280 --> 00:13:02,573
Yes, my friend.

155
00:13:03,199 --> 00:13:04,534
Then let's go clubbing again.

156
00:13:05,118 --> 00:13:08,121
I've been practicing to make sure
I won't be outshone by Gangnam Leopard.

157
00:13:12,375 --> 00:13:13,543
What do you think? Good?

158
00:13:16,879 --> 00:13:19,090
That was so sexy, my friend.

159
00:13:19,340 --> 00:13:23,511
Then I'll do my power dance, just for you.

160
00:13:23,594 --> 00:13:24,679
Really?

161
00:13:29,392 --> 00:13:30,393
I like the ending pose.

162
00:13:39,694 --> 00:13:41,029
Hi, friend.

163
00:13:47,368 --> 00:13:49,328
Hello, Ms. Go.

164
00:13:49,787 --> 00:13:51,164
How have you been?

165
00:13:51,247 --> 00:13:52,874
Mr. Cha and I have finished

166
00:13:52,957 --> 00:13:55,293
digitizing Ms. Yu's manuscript.

167
00:13:55,543 --> 00:13:57,712
I'm back in the office as of today.

168
00:14:05,053 --> 00:14:06,763
It's Mr. Oh's baby's first birthday.

169
00:14:07,138 --> 00:14:08,681
I need you to pick up a gift.

170
00:14:08,848 --> 00:14:09,766
What should I get?

171
00:14:11,142 --> 00:14:12,060
You figure it out.

172
00:14:12,727 --> 00:14:14,604
Something luxurious and creative.

173
00:14:15,188 --> 00:14:16,606
Don't ask and just figure it out.

174
00:14:17,190 --> 00:14:19,108
Understood.
I'll take care of it in the afternoon.

175
00:14:21,319 --> 00:14:24,238
That snooty woman. How obnoxious.

176
00:14:29,535 --> 00:14:31,079
<i>THE UNIVERSE OF YOURS</i>

177
00:14:31,162 --> 00:14:32,497
It's <i>The Universe of Yours</i>, right?

178
00:14:32,580 --> 00:14:34,415
That's right. You must be so proud.

179
00:14:34,624 --> 00:14:36,501
The book looks great.

180
00:14:37,794 --> 00:14:38,961
Nice. Let me see.

181
00:14:39,045 --> 00:14:41,881
I've already sent a copy to Professor Kang
directly from the warehouse.

182
00:14:41,964 --> 00:14:43,049
My gosh, thank you.

183
00:14:43,132 --> 00:14:44,509
He's been waiting.

184
00:14:45,468 --> 00:14:47,053
-Here you go.
-I've been worried,

185
00:14:47,136 --> 00:14:48,304
but it looks so lovely.

186
00:14:51,724 --> 00:14:52,850
Congratulations.

187
00:14:52,934 --> 00:14:54,018
Thank you.

188
00:14:54,102 --> 00:14:55,311
-Congratulations.
-Good work.

189
00:14:56,437 --> 00:14:58,815
Mr. Kim, here is our new release,
<i>The Universe of Yours</i>.

190
00:15:01,567 --> 00:15:03,069
Hot! It's hot off the press.

191
00:15:07,782 --> 00:15:12,036
I can smell it.
It is the smell of a best seller.

192
00:15:14,997 --> 00:15:15,832
I can smell it too!

193
00:15:15,915 --> 00:15:18,501
I think this book will do very well.

194
00:15:19,669 --> 00:15:21,129
You totally get it, Dan-i.

195
00:15:21,712 --> 00:15:23,798
Do you want to make a bet
on how many copies will sell?

196
00:15:23,881 --> 00:15:26,217
Sounds good.
Why don't you say a number first?

197
00:15:27,427 --> 00:15:29,595
I think
the entire 5,000 copies will sell out.

198
00:15:30,847 --> 00:15:33,433
Then shall we go ahead and start
the second printing right away?

199
00:15:35,810 --> 00:15:37,854
The book hasn't even hit
the bookstores yet.

200
00:15:45,361 --> 00:15:47,905
We just received a final copy of
<i>The Universe of Yours</i>.

201
00:15:58,458 --> 00:15:59,584
I'll be outside.

202
00:16:01,627 --> 00:16:03,754
Wait, Dan-i.

203
00:16:11,304 --> 00:16:13,264
Hello, Professor. You got the book, right?

204
00:16:13,848 --> 00:16:15,725
It turned out very nicely,
just as we planned.

205
00:16:16,058 --> 00:16:18,561
I don't even need to mention
how perfect your writing is.

206
00:16:18,644 --> 00:16:21,397
And I'm glad we insisted on a hardcover.

207
00:16:21,647 --> 00:16:23,941
It looks sophisticated and classy.
It'll entice...

208
00:16:25,359 --> 00:16:26,569
Pardon?

209
00:16:27,153 --> 00:16:28,112
Just a moment, please.

210
00:16:29,447 --> 00:16:31,657
Ms. Song, about <i>The Universe of Yours</i>...

211
00:16:32,158 --> 00:16:32,992
AUTHOR KANG GYEONG-JU

212
00:16:33,075 --> 00:16:33,910
FROM 1998 TO 2006,

213
00:16:33,993 --> 00:16:36,579
HE WAS THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STANDARDS
AND TECHNOLOGY IN THE US

214
00:16:36,662 --> 00:16:38,372
Yes, I just checked.

215
00:16:39,248 --> 00:16:41,459
Yes, Professor. Understood.

216
00:16:42,084 --> 00:16:43,794
Hae-rin!

217
00:16:44,337 --> 00:16:46,547
You haven't sent the book
to Professor Kang yet, right?

218
00:16:46,631 --> 00:16:49,550
Mr. Kim, I sent him a copy
straight from the warehouse.

219
00:16:49,634 --> 00:16:52,261
You were in charge of this.
How could you send off the printing order

220
00:16:52,345 --> 00:16:53,638
without checking the author bio?

221
00:17:04,649 --> 00:17:07,360
This is the author bio for the upcoming
release, <i>The Universe of Yours.</i>

222
00:17:07,443 --> 00:17:09,445
Do more research
and add any details you find.

223
00:17:10,154 --> 00:17:11,197
Sure.

224
00:17:12,323 --> 00:17:15,034
I double-checked everything
on the bio I got from Ms. Song

225
00:17:15,117 --> 00:17:17,703
as well as what I added to it
prior to sending it off.

226
00:17:17,787 --> 00:17:18,996
What's wrong with it?

227
00:17:19,080 --> 00:17:20,998
Ji-yul, it's missing
some important information.

228
00:17:21,582 --> 00:17:22,416
Which part?

229
00:17:22,500 --> 00:17:25,294
This says he was
the NIST from 1998 to 2006.

230
00:17:26,546 --> 00:17:28,256
He was the NIST? How is that possible?

231
00:17:28,548 --> 00:17:30,132
It's a book written by a physicist.

232
00:17:30,216 --> 00:17:32,510
How could the word, "physicist,"
be missing from his bio?

233
00:17:32,593 --> 00:17:35,304
I'm sorry.
I should've double-checked the bio

234
00:17:35,388 --> 00:17:37,223
before sending off the printing order.

235
00:17:37,932 --> 00:17:40,476
It's all my fault.
I apologize, Mr. Kim and Ms. Go.

236
00:17:40,685 --> 00:17:42,436
Of course, it is all your fault.

237
00:17:42,520 --> 00:17:44,480
You're now an assistant manager
in your third year,

238
00:17:44,564 --> 00:17:46,274
so you don't care about
basic tasks, do you?

239
00:17:46,357 --> 00:17:48,276
You think they're a waste of time,
don't you?

240
00:17:48,359 --> 00:17:49,986
Does work feel like leisure

241
00:17:50,069 --> 00:17:51,737
now that you think you've learned enough?

242
00:17:52,238 --> 00:17:53,739
Do you want to quit?

243
00:17:54,699 --> 00:17:56,158
I sincerely apologize, Ms. Go.

244
00:17:56,742 --> 00:17:59,203
Any mistakes made in the author bio
can't be taken lightly.

245
00:17:59,287 --> 00:18:00,663
Submit a written apology, Hae-rin.

246
00:18:00,746 --> 00:18:01,872
Okay.

247
00:18:02,540 --> 00:18:05,251
I'm really sorry. I'll sort it out.

248
00:18:05,334 --> 00:18:06,544
Gosh.

249
00:18:07,962 --> 00:18:09,964
Hae-rin,
you rarely make mistakes like this.

250
00:18:22,310 --> 00:18:25,354
-Let's just put a sticker over it.
-No, we have to reprint them.

251
00:18:25,771 --> 00:18:28,774
Professors can get very sensitive
when it comes to their author bios.

252
00:18:28,858 --> 00:18:30,192
Yes, I agree.

253
00:18:30,443 --> 00:18:33,571
Also, Professor Kang is very fussy
to begin with.

254
00:18:34,113 --> 00:18:36,365
When I was preparing
for his author lecture two years back,

255
00:18:36,449 --> 00:18:39,493
the stress from dealing with him
gave me partial hair loss.

256
00:18:40,161 --> 00:18:42,371
Then I guess we have no choice
but to reprint the books.

257
00:18:42,955 --> 00:18:45,374
You mean, all 5,000 copies?

258
00:18:45,875 --> 00:18:47,168
Because we went with a hardcover,

259
00:18:47,251 --> 00:18:49,754
it'll be too obvious
if we just replace the covers.

260
00:18:49,837 --> 00:18:52,214
But isn't it a waste to scrap all of them?

261
00:18:53,716 --> 00:18:55,926
Why don't we just replace the covers?

262
00:18:56,052 --> 00:18:59,472
Putting a sticker over it
will cost us a lot less.

263
00:19:00,056 --> 00:19:02,350
But it won't look good, so we should...

264
00:19:02,850 --> 00:19:04,018
Oh my...

265
00:19:04,894 --> 00:19:05,978
Hey.

266
00:19:13,778 --> 00:19:14,820
Ji-yul.

267
00:19:15,571 --> 00:19:16,906
Come to the meeting room. Now.

268
00:19:19,825 --> 00:19:20,951
What is that?

269
00:19:24,246 --> 00:19:25,373
What just happened?

270
00:19:26,165 --> 00:19:27,583
Where did she get this soju?

271
00:19:36,717 --> 00:19:38,094
Cheer up, Ji-yul.

272
00:19:56,112 --> 00:19:57,822
SOJU

273
00:19:59,365 --> 00:20:00,282
Gosh.

274
00:20:02,076 --> 00:20:03,327
Dan-i, throw these out.

275
00:20:03,994 --> 00:20:04,829
Okay.

276
00:20:05,413 --> 00:20:08,082
All of you,
you didn't see any of that, okay?

277
00:20:08,332 --> 00:20:11,544
You can't say anything to Mr. Kim
and Ms. Go. You know that, right?

278
00:20:16,298 --> 00:20:18,801
Ji-yul is dead meat now.

279
00:20:50,166 --> 00:20:52,418
I'll keep this short, Ji-yul.

280
00:20:52,501 --> 00:20:56,505
No matter how much I explain it to you,
you just won't understand.

281
00:20:56,589 --> 00:20:58,549
I'd love it if you could just submit

282
00:20:58,632 --> 00:21:00,718
a letter of resignation and leave,

283
00:21:01,010 --> 00:21:02,887
but that's up to you since it's your life.

284
00:21:02,970 --> 00:21:07,141
But you see, those 5,000 copies
are like my flesh and blood!

285
00:21:07,850 --> 00:21:09,560
I absolutely can't discard them.

286
00:21:09,643 --> 00:21:12,855
You'll have to put stickers on all of them
by tomorrow morning.

287
00:21:20,988 --> 00:21:23,532
Can you tell me how it's done?

288
00:21:25,659 --> 00:21:28,412
I'll just figure it out myself.

289
00:21:36,504 --> 00:21:40,299
Mom, I'm scared.

290
00:21:47,765 --> 00:21:49,725
This is Song Hae-rin
from Gyeoroo Publishing.

291
00:21:49,809 --> 00:21:51,352
I'd like to order some stickers.

292
00:21:51,977 --> 00:21:53,187
Hae-rin.

293
00:21:53,270 --> 00:21:55,898
I'll send you an email
regarding the size and content.

294
00:21:56,899 --> 00:21:58,526
Are you really going to do this?

295
00:21:58,609 --> 00:22:01,487
No, I'm going to have Ji-yul do it.

296
00:22:02,780 --> 00:22:04,824
It took me a year to make this book.

297
00:22:04,907 --> 00:22:08,494
I can't let all those books get shredded
just because we left out

298
00:22:10,955 --> 00:22:12,206
one word.

299
00:22:12,748 --> 00:22:14,750
I can't let that happen.

300
00:22:16,293 --> 00:22:19,964
I don't want to stick stickers
on those books either. But

301
00:22:20,840 --> 00:22:23,801
I can't let 5,000 copies get shredded
into little pieces of paper.

302
00:22:26,053 --> 00:22:28,264
We should've just printed 2,000 copies.

303
00:22:28,931 --> 00:22:31,141
We shouldn't have made hardback copies.

304
00:22:36,230 --> 00:22:37,231
Ji-yul.

305
00:22:37,773 --> 00:22:39,358
Go to the warehouse and get the job done.

306
00:22:41,402 --> 00:22:44,238
Hae-rin, are you going to have
the stickers sent to the warehouse?

307
00:22:44,947 --> 00:22:45,906
Yes.

308
00:23:00,838 --> 00:23:01,880
Ma'am.

309
00:23:02,423 --> 00:23:05,092
You look so pretty
now that you took a bath.

310
00:23:05,718 --> 00:23:07,511
Why do you hate taking baths so much?

311
00:23:08,095 --> 00:23:10,055
You made me get all wet.

312
00:23:10,639 --> 00:23:12,808
It feels refreshing, doesn't it?
My goodness.

313
00:23:18,731 --> 00:23:21,400
Does that lady still give you a hard time
when she takes a bath?

314
00:23:21,817 --> 00:23:23,485
No, just a little.

315
00:23:24,236 --> 00:23:26,572
You should stop doing this, Mom.
It worries me.

316
00:23:27,406 --> 00:23:29,074
You need to take care of your health.

317
00:23:29,158 --> 00:23:30,993
Didn't you hear what the doctor told me?

318
00:23:31,577 --> 00:23:32,870
He said I'm fine.

319
00:23:32,953 --> 00:23:34,955
No one can fully recover from cancer.

320
00:23:35,539 --> 00:23:37,291
If I just stay home, it'll only get worse.

321
00:23:38,042 --> 00:23:39,793
I'm not here to do volunteer work.

322
00:23:39,877 --> 00:23:41,712
I'm here to make myself feel better.

323
00:23:43,547 --> 00:23:46,216
I feel very grateful
every time I come here.

324
00:23:47,593 --> 00:23:49,720
Thanks to you, I was able to live.

325
00:23:50,137 --> 00:23:52,640
You took time off from school
to take care of me.

326
00:23:56,393 --> 00:23:57,603
Then just do it once a week.

327
00:23:58,729 --> 00:24:00,856
By the way, it snowed yesterday.

328
00:24:00,939 --> 00:24:02,691
Did you go on a date with that tall lady?

329
00:24:03,942 --> 00:24:05,069
Why do you ask?

330
00:24:05,569 --> 00:24:06,445
Show me her photo.

331
00:24:06,945 --> 00:24:08,656
You promised you'll show me her photo.

332
00:24:09,615 --> 00:24:10,908
I'll take a photo next time.

333
00:24:11,659 --> 00:24:12,576
Instead...

334
00:24:15,746 --> 00:24:16,580
Here's a gift.

335
00:24:18,957 --> 00:24:20,250
It's a painting by Ju Mi-hyeon.

336
00:24:20,751 --> 00:24:22,336
It's better to see them in person.

337
00:24:22,419 --> 00:24:24,630
Let's go together
before the exhibition ends.

338
00:24:26,256 --> 00:24:27,591
Thank you, Seo-jun.

339
00:24:31,637 --> 00:24:33,514
This is the book I recently designed.

340
00:24:33,597 --> 00:24:35,933
And I just figured
you might like this one.

341
00:24:36,308 --> 00:24:37,601
Thank you, Seo-jun.

342
00:24:40,229 --> 00:24:41,438
What do you think?

343
00:24:48,487 --> 00:24:49,863
This card doesn't work.

344
00:24:51,949 --> 00:24:53,534
That can't be right.

345
00:24:54,451 --> 00:24:56,745
Then I'll pay with this one.

346
00:25:01,250 --> 00:25:03,085
-This one doesn't work either.
-What?

347
00:25:05,129 --> 00:25:06,130
Then...

348
00:25:06,714 --> 00:25:08,298
Here. What about this one?

349
00:25:18,934 --> 00:25:20,519
None of them work.

350
00:25:22,771 --> 00:25:26,400
Sir, I'm short 300 won.

351
00:25:26,483 --> 00:25:27,735
It's okay.

352
00:25:28,485 --> 00:25:29,611
Here are your credit cards.

353
00:25:59,266 --> 00:26:02,853
Hello, I'm from Gyeoroo Publishing.

354
00:26:02,936 --> 00:26:04,062
Oh, for the stickers?

355
00:26:05,022 --> 00:26:07,065
-They're over there.
-Thank you.

356
00:26:10,944 --> 00:26:13,447
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

357
00:26:13,530 --> 00:26:15,365
I can do this.

358
00:26:15,449 --> 00:26:17,534
I can do this. Yes, I can.

359
00:26:22,873 --> 00:26:27,169
Excuse me. Where can I hang my coat?

360
00:26:27,252 --> 00:26:29,129
Your coat? I'll take it.

361
00:26:38,055 --> 00:26:39,765
Wait here for a little while, my baby.

362
00:26:40,516 --> 00:26:41,642
Be careful not to get hurt.

363
00:26:50,526 --> 00:26:53,487
Mom, should I quit working here?

364
00:26:53,779 --> 00:26:56,198
I don't even get paid that much.
Should I just go home?

365
00:26:56,740 --> 00:26:58,367
You can write my resignation letter.

366
00:26:59,034 --> 00:27:02,246
Gosh, no. You need to work there
for at least three months.

367
00:27:02,830 --> 00:27:04,373
<i>If you want to get married,</i>

368
00:27:04,456 --> 00:27:06,750
<i>you have to work there
for at least three months.</i>

369
00:27:06,834 --> 00:27:09,253
Guys don't like jobless women these days.

370
00:27:09,336 --> 00:27:12,422
You'll get to take a photo
with your colleagues at your wedding.

371
00:27:12,506 --> 00:27:15,467
Plus, you don't want your future in-laws
to think you're jobless.

372
00:27:15,551 --> 00:27:17,010
You can quit after you get married.

373
00:27:17,511 --> 00:27:21,932
Mom, then can you at least
reactivate my credit card?

374
00:27:22,307 --> 00:27:25,269
I don't even have money
to go home tonight.

375
00:27:27,396 --> 00:27:28,313
Mom.

376
00:27:28,814 --> 00:27:29,857
Mom!

377
00:27:31,775 --> 00:27:33,110
Yes, okay.

378
00:27:34,152 --> 00:27:35,195
Thank you.

379
00:27:43,203 --> 00:27:46,540
Everyone, we just got additional orders
for two books.

380
00:27:48,959 --> 00:27:49,960
The first one is...

381
00:27:52,170 --> 00:27:55,048
That one's mine. I did it.
I edited that book.

382
00:27:55,632 --> 00:27:57,885
This is the sixth additional order
for that book.

383
00:27:58,302 --> 00:28:00,178
What did I tell you?
I told you it'd do well.

384
00:28:00,262 --> 00:28:02,723
Are you kidding? That's because
the marketing strategy was nice.

385
00:28:05,309 --> 00:28:06,685
Okay, everyone. Great job.

386
00:28:07,185 --> 00:28:08,353
And the other book...

387
00:28:10,397 --> 00:28:12,357
<i>THE SOLITARY CASTLE IN THE MIRROR</i>

388
00:28:12,441 --> 00:28:13,942
Gosh, that one's mine!

389
00:28:14,026 --> 00:28:15,944
I can't believe my book
got an additional order.

390
00:28:16,028 --> 00:28:18,780
-Congratulations.
-Thank you.

391
00:28:18,864 --> 00:28:21,033
But Song-i isn't the person
we should be congratulating.

392
00:28:21,241 --> 00:28:24,536
The applause should go to Ms. Kang Dan-i
on the Task Support Team.

393
00:28:26,872 --> 00:28:27,915
My goodness.

394
00:28:28,540 --> 00:28:30,459
The order request for this book surged

395
00:28:30,542 --> 00:28:32,377
after Dan-i's ad
in the powerpoint slide format

396
00:28:32,461 --> 00:28:33,921
got published on a portal site today.

397
00:28:35,213 --> 00:28:36,924
Task Support Team is doing great.

398
00:28:37,007 --> 00:28:39,509
Dan-i, you did an incredible job.
Congratulations!

399
00:28:43,639 --> 00:28:45,724
-Congratulations.
-She brought us luck.

400
00:28:45,807 --> 00:28:46,767
You're the best.

401
00:28:52,606 --> 00:28:53,440
Nice.

402
00:29:18,048 --> 00:29:19,925
I HOPE THE KID GOES MISSING

403
00:29:29,184 --> 00:29:31,103
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

404
00:29:31,186 --> 00:29:33,230
THIS LOOKS SO FUN
I BOUGHT IT AS SOON AS I SAW IT

405
00:29:38,944 --> 00:29:41,488
I finally did something
to help the company.

406
00:29:42,155 --> 00:29:43,156
Nice.

407
00:29:55,627 --> 00:29:57,379
Don't you have to go to buy a gift?

408
00:29:58,088 --> 00:29:59,047
I was about to go.

409
00:30:14,771 --> 00:30:16,273
-Here you go.
-Thank you.

410
00:30:21,361 --> 00:30:22,738
-Thank you.
-Thank you.

411
00:30:22,988 --> 00:30:24,031
Goodbye.

412
00:30:56,021 --> 00:30:58,357
Sir,
are you planning to propose to someone?

413
00:31:00,525 --> 00:31:01,985
No, not exactly.

414
00:31:02,861 --> 00:31:05,739
Goodness, aren't you Cha Eun-ho?

415
00:31:06,907 --> 00:31:09,368
I really enjoy reading your books.

416
00:31:10,160 --> 00:31:11,578
I've been a fan for a long time.

417
00:31:11,661 --> 00:31:14,331
Your recent <i>People </i>series

418
00:31:14,414 --> 00:31:16,750
is my favorite!

419
00:31:18,210 --> 00:31:19,252
Just a second.

420
00:31:25,634 --> 00:31:26,760
I'll help you out, sir.

421
00:31:27,219 --> 00:31:28,720
I'd like to buy a necklace.

422
00:31:28,804 --> 00:31:30,055
Okay, sir.

423
00:31:40,565 --> 00:31:43,110
You don't need to gift-wrap it.
I'll just take it as it is.

424
00:31:43,360 --> 00:31:44,653
It's for my brother.

425
00:31:45,445 --> 00:31:47,239
I can just put in here.

426
00:31:47,989 --> 00:31:49,533
Okay. Thank you.

427
00:31:55,080 --> 00:31:56,123
Hey, Eun-ho.

428
00:31:57,499 --> 00:31:58,625
I'm at the mall.

429
00:31:59,418 --> 00:32:00,877
What? You're here too?

430
00:32:02,212 --> 00:32:03,422
Why? Where are you?

431
00:32:23,066 --> 00:32:24,151
What's going on?

432
00:32:25,110 --> 00:32:26,361
Why did he ask me to come here?

433
00:32:33,160 --> 00:32:34,494
Which one do you like best?

434
00:32:34,995 --> 00:32:37,581
-Who is it for?
-That's none of your business.

435
00:32:37,664 --> 00:32:40,333
I need to know her
in order to recommend the right one.

436
00:32:40,417 --> 00:32:43,170
Not all women have the same taste.

437
00:32:43,253 --> 00:32:45,172
But I'm sure they all like pretty stuff.

438
00:32:48,008 --> 00:32:49,384
Let me tell you about her.

439
00:32:49,468 --> 00:32:51,178
She has a small face,

440
00:32:51,470 --> 00:32:55,223
and her pretty eyes, nose
and lips fit perfectly on her small face.

441
00:32:56,099 --> 00:32:57,559
Just like her meticulous personality.

442
00:32:58,685 --> 00:33:00,645
She has a long neck and big eyes.

443
00:33:01,229 --> 00:33:04,149
She's always very curious,
and she tears up easily.

444
00:33:04,774 --> 00:33:07,527
And she tends to become
very daring and straightforward

445
00:33:07,611 --> 00:33:09,946
when it comes to the things she likes.

446
00:33:11,448 --> 00:33:12,282
So to summarize,

447
00:33:14,034 --> 00:33:15,452
she's pretty and nice.

448
00:33:16,036 --> 00:33:19,372
-That's how you're going to wrap it up?
-Men only care about those two things.

449
00:33:20,957 --> 00:33:22,292
We look for nice bodies too.

450
00:33:23,001 --> 00:33:24,252
You little...

451
00:33:24,336 --> 00:33:26,296
So tell me. Which one do you like best?

452
00:33:28,548 --> 00:33:30,509
I think this one looks nice.

453
00:33:31,051 --> 00:33:32,177
What about you?

454
00:33:32,928 --> 00:33:34,179
Can we try this on?

455
00:33:34,804 --> 00:33:35,805
Yes.

456
00:33:42,062 --> 00:33:43,313
Put your hair back for a second.

457
00:33:45,148 --> 00:33:45,982
Me?

458
00:34:06,211 --> 00:34:07,045
Let me see.

459
00:34:11,341 --> 00:34:13,176
It's pretty. It looks good on you.

460
00:34:17,931 --> 00:34:19,140
Stand still.

461
00:34:33,738 --> 00:34:35,031
Are you headed to the office?

462
00:34:36,074 --> 00:34:39,244
-Yes, of course.
-I'm going to school to give a lecture.

463
00:34:43,456 --> 00:34:44,833
Aren't you going to go?

464
00:34:45,250 --> 00:34:47,669
What? Oh, right. I should go.

465
00:34:50,046 --> 00:34:51,047
See you later.

466
00:34:59,723 --> 00:35:02,517
What's wrong with Eun-ho?
Why does he keep acting that way?

467
00:35:04,185 --> 00:35:05,562
He said he doesn't like me.

468
00:35:06,730 --> 00:35:07,981
Is he trying to make fun of me?

469
00:35:30,712 --> 00:35:31,588
Dan-i.

470
00:35:32,714 --> 00:35:34,799
-Can I borrow your stapler?
-Sure.

471
00:35:35,592 --> 00:35:37,010
-Here you go.
-Thanks.

472
00:35:45,727 --> 00:35:47,729
BOOK DESIGN CONTRACT

473
00:35:54,861 --> 00:35:56,655
SONG HAE-RIN

474
00:36:01,493 --> 00:36:03,620
<i>Mr. Ji, we should sign the contract today.</i>

475
00:36:04,204 --> 00:36:05,664
<i>I'll head over to your neighborhood.</i>

476
00:36:10,502 --> 00:36:12,962
Dan-i, can you hand me a mug?

477
00:36:14,381 --> 00:36:16,007
-Thanks.
-Ms. Song.

478
00:36:24,265 --> 00:36:25,350
You're the best.

479
00:36:28,269 --> 00:36:30,230
You truly are the best.

480
00:36:31,523 --> 00:36:32,899
EUN-HO

481
00:36:36,403 --> 00:36:38,863
<i>Hae-rin, never drink at the office again.</i>

482
00:36:39,280 --> 00:36:41,157
<i>I'll make you submit
a written apology if you do.</i>

483
00:36:42,617 --> 00:36:45,203
Eun-ho never lets things slide, does he?

484
00:36:46,788 --> 00:36:47,956
That reminds me.

485
00:36:48,957 --> 00:36:51,292
When you were working on
Ms. Yu's manuscript,

486
00:36:51,960 --> 00:36:54,587
how was it at Mr. Cha's house?

487
00:36:55,922 --> 00:36:57,841
What about his house?

488
00:36:58,842 --> 00:37:02,011
Was there anyone else there?

489
00:37:03,263 --> 00:37:05,473
No, there wasn't.

490
00:37:05,557 --> 00:37:08,810
Was it just you and Mr. Cha then?

491
00:37:09,936 --> 00:37:10,812
Yes.

492
00:37:12,897 --> 00:37:17,026
Eun-ho, this punk. I knew it.

493
00:37:29,289 --> 00:37:36,254
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

494
00:37:38,757 --> 00:37:40,717
Are these even meant to come off?

495
00:37:50,226 --> 00:37:53,062
AUTHOR KANG GYEONG-JU

496
00:38:03,740 --> 00:38:04,783
Gosh, I'm starving.

497
00:38:08,328 --> 00:38:10,413
Wait. Stop!

498
00:38:13,792 --> 00:38:16,085
Dan-i, of course.
My most talented colleague

499
00:38:16,211 --> 00:38:18,588
also has reflexes like a goddess.

500
00:38:18,671 --> 00:38:20,882
-Are you heading home?
-No, I'm choosing overtime.

501
00:38:20,965 --> 00:38:24,010
We also have a colleague
who's the best troublemaker.

502
00:38:24,093 --> 00:38:25,720
I was on my way to Ji-yul too.

503
00:38:25,804 --> 00:38:27,806
Colleagues sure think alike.

504
00:38:28,389 --> 00:38:30,266
I don't want you to go though.

505
00:38:30,350 --> 00:38:32,310
-Why not?
-Because I'm going.

506
00:38:34,521 --> 00:38:35,814
The more the merrier.

507
00:38:38,274 --> 00:38:40,652
You may be good at your work,

508
00:38:40,735 --> 00:38:43,071
but you're not good at taking a hint.

509
00:38:43,655 --> 00:38:46,157
Ji-yul is there alone,
and I'm on my way to her.

510
00:38:46,241 --> 00:38:47,408
What do you think will happen?

511
00:38:49,494 --> 00:38:52,664
Ji-yul is single, and so am I.
The two of us

512
00:38:52,747 --> 00:38:55,458
could end up together like magic.

513
00:38:57,293 --> 00:38:59,546
You won't be able
to finish before midnight then.

514
00:39:02,048 --> 00:39:05,218
Ms. Go left something on your desk.
Did you see it?

515
00:39:05,301 --> 00:39:07,011
-What? Ms. Go?
-Yes.

516
00:39:07,095 --> 00:39:08,513
-When?
-You didn't see it?

517
00:39:08,596 --> 00:39:10,306
Oh, no!

518
00:39:10,390 --> 00:39:12,809
Gosh, what am I going to do?

519
00:39:12,892 --> 00:39:13,935
You should see what it is.

520
00:39:14,018 --> 00:39:16,145
-That was a lie. See you tomorrow.
-A lie?

521
00:39:19,566 --> 00:39:20,900
GYEOROO PUBLISHING

522
00:39:20,984 --> 00:39:24,529
This needs to go on top.

523
00:39:32,078 --> 00:39:33,371
You got scratched.

524
00:39:33,454 --> 00:39:35,999
That must hurt. I'm so sorry.

525
00:39:39,043 --> 00:39:40,545
Song Hae-rin, you wicked witch.

526
00:39:40,628 --> 00:39:42,714
You could've checked yourself!

527
00:39:43,506 --> 00:39:44,340
Where is Ji-yul?

528
00:39:44,424 --> 00:39:46,301
Ji-yul, where are you?

529
00:39:46,384 --> 00:39:47,635
Ji-yul?

530
00:39:47,719 --> 00:39:48,595
Ji-yul!

531
00:39:59,105 --> 00:40:00,106
Ji-yul.

532
00:40:00,690 --> 00:40:03,276
Park Hoon!

533
00:40:06,070 --> 00:40:07,405
Don't be too touched.

534
00:40:09,574 --> 00:40:12,285
That's food, isn't it?

535
00:40:12,911 --> 00:40:14,537
I was starving to death, you know.

536
00:40:15,038 --> 00:40:17,874
It's from the place I like. I can't wait.

537
00:40:18,541 --> 00:40:20,043
Am I invisible to you?

538
00:40:20,126 --> 00:40:22,295
Of course not. I can see you very clearly.

539
00:40:22,879 --> 00:40:24,839
Hoon, you're my savior.

540
00:40:26,466 --> 00:40:27,800
Thank you!

541
00:40:34,766 --> 00:40:35,850
Let's eat then.

542
00:40:37,352 --> 00:40:38,728
I bought sushi.

543
00:40:50,657 --> 00:40:51,491
Hello.

544
00:40:58,748 --> 00:41:00,124
It's the book I edited.

545
00:41:01,292 --> 00:41:02,377
Reading the book sometimes

546
00:41:02,460 --> 00:41:05,338
tells you what kind of person
the editor is, you know.

547
00:41:05,421 --> 00:41:06,673
I was studying my partner.

548
00:41:08,257 --> 00:41:09,550
So what did you think of me?

549
00:41:11,970 --> 00:41:14,055
Headstrong but flexible.

550
00:41:14,973 --> 00:41:17,058
It easily gets to the point.

551
00:41:18,643 --> 00:41:19,519
The book, I mean.

552
00:41:20,520 --> 00:41:21,980
I'm sure you're like that too.

553
00:41:22,063 --> 00:41:23,564
You're good at reading people.

554
00:41:25,358 --> 00:41:28,695
Just like we talked about before,
this is a contract for three books

555
00:41:28,778 --> 00:41:30,154
including Ms. Yu's writing.

556
00:41:30,655 --> 00:41:32,615
And the other two will be your choice.

557
00:41:32,699 --> 00:41:34,575
BOOK DESIGN CONTRACT

558
00:41:36,661 --> 00:41:38,079
I have a condition to add.

559
00:41:38,746 --> 00:41:39,998
Go ahead.

560
00:41:40,081 --> 00:41:42,166
I'm not comfortable working with others.

561
00:41:42,875 --> 00:41:44,919
I'd like to work separately
from your design team.

562
00:41:45,503 --> 00:41:46,504
Sure thing.

563
00:41:46,587 --> 00:41:48,673
I also hate it when people
bring me other books

564
00:41:48,756 --> 00:41:51,759
saying that they like their design.

565
00:41:51,843 --> 00:41:54,554
It only indicates that you want me

566
00:41:54,637 --> 00:41:57,473
to come up with a similar one.

567
00:41:57,557 --> 00:41:59,100
Got it.

568
00:42:00,852 --> 00:42:02,812
Are you actually hearing me?

569
00:42:02,895 --> 00:42:04,397
Your answers seem too easy.

570
00:42:05,815 --> 00:42:08,401
I'm not taking it lightly.
I'm just accepting it.

571
00:42:08,985 --> 00:42:11,404
I prefer people to be precise
though picky.

572
00:42:12,030 --> 00:42:13,948
It's about making a good book, isn't it?

573
00:42:19,996 --> 00:42:22,540
There's actually another contract.

574
00:42:23,041 --> 00:42:24,667
BOOK DESIGN CONTRACT

575
00:42:25,626 --> 00:42:26,961
What's the difference?

576
00:42:27,045 --> 00:42:28,963
This one is for three books

577
00:42:29,255 --> 00:42:31,632
while this one is for five.

578
00:42:33,092 --> 00:42:34,677
Why don't you work with us on five books?

579
00:42:34,761 --> 00:42:37,638
I promise I'll do a good job.

580
00:42:42,351 --> 00:42:44,187
Do you like making books?

581
00:42:48,274 --> 00:42:49,484
Yes, I do.

582
00:42:51,944 --> 00:42:53,321
I like it too.

583
00:42:53,821 --> 00:42:55,323
Hand me the contract then.

584
00:42:56,616 --> 00:42:58,451
Are you really on board for five?

585
00:42:59,118 --> 00:43:01,871
Yes, it turns out that
the editor and I have the same vision.

586
00:43:03,247 --> 00:43:05,666
Then how about ten books?

587
00:43:06,834 --> 00:43:07,668
I'll have to decline.

588
00:43:07,752 --> 00:43:10,004
While you're at it, just sign on for ten.

589
00:43:10,379 --> 00:43:11,547
I said I can't.

590
00:43:13,216 --> 00:43:16,469
Then how about eight books?

591
00:43:23,059 --> 00:43:24,685
<i>I just need you too.</i>

592
00:43:26,479 --> 00:43:29,649
That one person who knows me well.

593
00:43:32,485 --> 00:43:33,945
Yes, I'm a man.

594
00:43:34,028 --> 00:43:35,822
Actually, a really great one.

595
00:43:36,322 --> 00:43:38,324
What are you talking about? You have me.

596
00:43:38,407 --> 00:43:40,118
You keep saying you have nowhere to go.

597
00:43:40,201 --> 00:43:41,577
But stop saying that.

598
00:43:41,661 --> 00:43:43,329
I'm your home.

599
00:43:43,412 --> 00:43:45,081
You can always come to me.

600
00:44:03,391 --> 00:44:05,351
EUN-HO

601
00:44:14,068 --> 00:44:16,237
-<i>Eun-ho?</i>
-When will you be home?

602
00:44:18,197 --> 00:44:19,031
<i>Why?</i>

603
00:44:19,448 --> 00:44:20,533
I'm just curious.

604
00:44:21,868 --> 00:44:23,077
I'm at the office.

605
00:44:23,953 --> 00:44:24,912
All right.

606
00:44:35,840 --> 00:44:36,841
What was that?

607
00:44:52,023 --> 00:44:53,774
Are you heading back to the office?

608
00:44:54,317 --> 00:44:57,820
No, I'm going to Mr. Cha's place.
He lives in this neighborhood.

609
00:44:59,989 --> 00:45:01,657
Let's go together.
My place is that way too.

610
00:45:02,325 --> 00:45:03,784
Do you know where he lives?

611
00:45:04,368 --> 00:45:05,578
Yes, so it seems.

612
00:45:26,390 --> 00:45:27,516
What do I do now?

613
00:45:38,611 --> 00:45:40,029
-Get home safely then.
-Okay.

614
00:45:40,363 --> 00:45:41,447
-Good night.
-You too.

615
00:46:07,682 --> 00:46:08,849
Eun-ho, it's me.

616
00:46:32,498 --> 00:46:34,250
I told you not to come by drunk.

617
00:46:34,834 --> 00:46:36,419
Don't make me repeat myself again.

618
00:46:36,919 --> 00:46:38,713
No one is home.

619
00:46:38,796 --> 00:46:40,840
You lied about having a roommate.

620
00:46:41,424 --> 00:46:43,592
Also, I didn't drink today.

621
00:46:53,477 --> 00:46:56,147
Don't people at the office know
that you live with him?

622
00:46:57,314 --> 00:46:58,274
No.

623
00:47:00,818 --> 00:47:02,611
I signed with Gyeoroo today

624
00:47:03,195 --> 00:47:04,488
because you told me to.

625
00:47:05,072 --> 00:47:06,407
We'll cross paths more often then.

626
00:47:07,074 --> 00:47:09,285
Right. Did you have dinner yet?

627
00:47:09,910 --> 00:47:10,995
Shall we go and grab a bite?

628
00:47:15,249 --> 00:47:16,083
Sure.

629
00:47:18,002 --> 00:47:19,837
By the way...

630
00:47:21,047 --> 00:47:22,798
did you not get my text?

631
00:47:24,425 --> 00:47:25,593
Oh, well...

632
00:47:26,927 --> 00:47:29,722
I was too busy and forgot to reply.

633
00:47:31,182 --> 00:47:34,393
You have no idea how many times
I checked my phone for your reply.

634
00:47:37,855 --> 00:47:38,689
Let's go then.

635
00:47:47,281 --> 00:47:49,116
Ta-da! Guess what this is.

636
00:47:49,825 --> 00:47:51,160
Ji Seo-jun signed the contract.

637
00:47:51,243 --> 00:47:53,204
I must be acknowledged for this.

638
00:47:53,287 --> 00:47:55,664
He'll be working with us on five books.

639
00:47:57,291 --> 00:47:58,334
That's great.

640
00:48:01,629 --> 00:48:02,671
What's wrong?

641
00:48:03,798 --> 00:48:04,924
Do you hate that I'm here?

642
00:48:06,342 --> 00:48:08,010
Ji Seo-jun lives in this neighborhood,

643
00:48:08,094 --> 00:48:09,887
-so while signing--
-Hae-rin.

644
00:48:12,223 --> 00:48:13,432
You forgot your book.

645
00:48:15,309 --> 00:48:17,853
You left the one by Pascal Quignard here.

646
00:48:19,313 --> 00:48:20,606
Pascal Quignard?

647
00:48:21,774 --> 00:48:23,109
Take it while you're here.

648
00:48:23,818 --> 00:48:25,361
When did I leave it here?

649
00:48:27,446 --> 00:48:28,823
Check the second shelf.

650
00:48:29,281 --> 00:48:31,158
It's next to
<i>Admonitions on Governing the People</i>.

651
00:48:43,546 --> 00:48:44,588
You idiot.

652
00:48:45,673 --> 00:48:47,967
You still don't know
I left my feelings for you to read.

653
00:49:18,289 --> 00:49:19,582
Here it is.

654
00:49:37,558 --> 00:49:39,852
TO HAE-RIN

655
00:49:53,032 --> 00:49:57,328
<i>Hae-rin, I have read
all the letters you left for me.</i>

656
00:49:59,455 --> 00:50:01,165
<i>He knew how I felt about him?</i>

657
00:50:03,709 --> 00:50:05,502
<i>But he still pretended
like he didn't know.</i>

658
00:50:09,131 --> 00:50:10,424
<i>So many thoughts crossed my mind.</i>

659
00:50:12,676 --> 00:50:14,178
<i>Should I define our relationship?</i>

660
00:50:15,137 --> 00:50:16,805
<i>Should I slowly put distance between us?</i>

661
00:50:18,641 --> 00:50:21,685
<i>I also questioned
if that was the only way for you.</i>

662
00:50:23,354 --> 00:50:25,856
<i>No matter how hard I thought,
I didn't think that was the answer.</i>

663
00:50:28,692 --> 00:50:31,695
<i>Your feelings for me
were beautiful and precious,</i>

664
00:50:31,987 --> 00:50:33,739
<i>so I didn't want to mistreat it.</i>

665
00:50:36,450 --> 00:50:38,118
<i>The woman I've known for three years</i>

666
00:50:38,577 --> 00:50:42,039
<i>is passionate, diligent, and beautiful.</i>

667
00:50:42,873 --> 00:50:46,126
<i>That is why you will find
a better guy than me.</i>

668
00:50:48,295 --> 00:50:49,588
<i>Someone who recognizes you.</i>

669
00:50:50,547 --> 00:50:52,049
<i>Someone who makes you shine.</i>

670
00:50:53,092 --> 00:50:54,635
<i>Someone who makes you happy.</i>

671
00:50:56,178 --> 00:51:00,015
<i>At least, someone who won't pretend
not to know your feelings.</i>

672
00:51:01,600 --> 00:51:04,687
<i>I don't want to remain
as one of your boyfriends in your memory.</i>

673
00:51:04,770 --> 00:51:06,397
<i>I'll be a great colleague to you instead.</i>

674
00:51:07,439 --> 00:51:08,774
<i>And I'll wait.</i>

675
00:51:10,234 --> 00:51:13,445
<i>I'll wait until you meet a nice boyfriend.</i>

676
00:51:14,655 --> 00:51:16,615
<i>Next to you, as a nice colleague.</i>

677
00:51:19,660 --> 00:51:21,036
<i>Thank you for everything, Hae-rin.</i>

678
00:51:23,163 --> 00:51:24,373
<i>And for liking me.</i>

679
00:51:50,899 --> 00:51:53,694
I've never had a boyfriend
since I joined the company,

680
00:51:53,777 --> 00:51:55,321
so I've never been dumped either.

681
00:51:56,780 --> 00:51:57,990
It was all a lie.

682
00:51:58,657 --> 00:52:00,868
I told you that I fought with my boyfriend
and got dumped

683
00:52:00,951 --> 00:52:03,537
so you would buy me a meal and drinks
and take me for a ride

684
00:52:05,706 --> 00:52:07,541
because only then
you'd pay attention to me.

685
00:52:11,795 --> 00:52:12,713
Darn it.

686
00:52:13,088 --> 00:52:15,758
But this time,
I really got dumped by a man.

687
00:52:18,594 --> 00:52:21,889
This is why you should learn
to pick better guys.

688
00:52:25,351 --> 00:52:26,602
What is this? Seriously?

689
00:52:27,186 --> 00:52:29,271
You can't reject me this nicely.

690
00:52:30,356 --> 00:52:31,398
This is crueler.

691
00:52:35,027 --> 00:52:37,613
We should probably skip the tea, right?

692
00:52:41,450 --> 00:52:42,576
Keep your promise.

693
00:52:43,494 --> 00:52:46,288
You wrote that you'd wait
until I get a boyfriend.

694
00:52:49,249 --> 00:52:52,336
I have a long way to go
before I can get over you.

695
00:53:09,520 --> 00:53:12,231
KAPYONG

696
00:53:18,904 --> 00:53:21,949
KAPYONG

697
00:53:22,032 --> 00:53:27,079
CAMELLIA

698
00:53:38,465 --> 00:53:39,716
Is something bothering you?

699
00:53:40,884 --> 00:53:42,177
Something feels off today.

700
00:53:44,263 --> 00:53:45,431
No, it's not that.

701
00:53:47,266 --> 00:53:48,934
I just don't have an appetite.

702
00:53:51,520 --> 00:53:52,646
Something is troubling you.

703
00:53:53,188 --> 00:53:56,233
Tell me. I'm a very good listener.

704
00:53:58,735 --> 00:53:59,945
I'm serious.

705
00:54:00,028 --> 00:54:01,530
You'll regret it if you don't.

706
00:54:03,532 --> 00:54:05,409
Why don't you tell me to lighten the load?

707
00:54:06,660 --> 00:54:07,703
Is it about work?

708
00:54:09,246 --> 00:54:12,791
No. It's not about work.

709
00:54:22,676 --> 00:54:26,597
I had a book with me.

710
00:54:27,890 --> 00:54:29,308
A very old book.

711
00:54:30,309 --> 00:54:31,518
What's the title?

712
00:54:40,360 --> 00:54:42,404
<i>The title is</i> Cha Eun-ho.

713
00:54:56,126 --> 00:54:58,378
KAPYONG

714
00:54:58,462 --> 00:55:00,255
Yes, I'm on my way now.

715
00:55:06,053 --> 00:55:07,304
Since it's a very good book,

716
00:55:08,013 --> 00:55:11,308
whenever I felt tired, happy or empty,

717
00:55:12,601 --> 00:55:15,062
I used to take it out and read it.

718
00:55:17,022 --> 00:55:20,359
I'd memorize the lines of the book
because I read it so many times.

719
00:55:22,778 --> 00:55:24,112
But lately, that book

720
00:55:26,907 --> 00:55:28,992
feels a bit strange to me.

721
00:55:31,828 --> 00:55:32,913
All of a sudden?

722
00:55:34,665 --> 00:55:36,750
Yes, all of a sudden.

723
00:55:40,337 --> 00:55:42,589
Even when I read the lines
I highlighted before,

724
00:55:43,423 --> 00:55:47,344
I don't know
why on earth I highlighted such lines.

725
00:55:47,970 --> 00:55:50,889
It is definitely the book that I read
over and over again countless times

726
00:55:51,640 --> 00:55:52,724
but I keep on...

727
00:55:54,101 --> 00:55:56,311
seeing new sentences
I haven't seen before.

728
00:55:58,397 --> 00:56:00,232
You're actually pretty cute, Dan-i.

729
00:56:00,857 --> 00:56:01,942
And beautiful.

730
00:56:03,902 --> 00:56:05,654
I love you, Dan-i.

731
00:56:11,868 --> 00:56:15,205
I've now realized there
were so many lines that I missed.

732
00:56:16,582 --> 00:56:19,418
It feels like I'm reading a new book.

733
00:56:28,427 --> 00:56:29,886
Could it be because you, the reader,

734
00:56:30,512 --> 00:56:32,431
might have had a change of heart?

735
00:56:35,517 --> 00:56:36,435
Me?

736
00:56:37,769 --> 00:56:38,979
That's how good books are.

737
00:56:39,980 --> 00:56:41,440
If you reread a book you read

738
00:56:41,523 --> 00:56:44,109
when you were ten,
it feels completely different

739
00:56:44,192 --> 00:56:45,652
because we have changed.

740
00:56:52,743 --> 00:56:55,162
The book you have hasn't changed.

741
00:56:56,496 --> 00:56:58,498
I'm pretty sure it's you who changed.

742
00:57:00,292 --> 00:57:01,501
The heart of the reader

743
00:57:02,586 --> 00:57:03,795
has changed.

744
00:57:38,080 --> 00:57:40,040
-You're here.
-How is he doing?

745
00:57:40,499 --> 00:57:41,333
He just fell asleep.

746
00:57:41,959 --> 00:57:44,836
But his wounds from the fall are severe.

747
00:59:46,666 --> 00:59:51,588
TELLING SOMEONE HOW YOU FEEL IS
AS HARD AS TRANSLATING ANCIENT DOCUMENTS

748
00:59:51,671 --> 00:59:53,298
WE USED TO LIKE AND HATE DIFFERENT THINGS,

749
00:59:53,381 --> 00:59:55,217
BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE
BECAUSE I LOVE HER

750
00:59:55,300 --> 00:59:58,512
SHARING A MOMENT WITH SOMEONE IS PRECIOUS
BECAUSE IT CAN LEAD TO OTHER POSSIBILITIES

751
00:59:58,595 --> 01:00:01,640
A BOOK THAT INSPIRES OTHERS MAY NOT ALWAYS
INSPIRE YOU, SO FIND A BOOK THAT DOES

752
01:00:01,723 --> 01:00:04,893
DAN-I PROVES THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR
A REASON. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LOVE HER.

753
01:00:04,976 --> 01:00:08,188
DAN-I SAID, "ONLY YOU CAN WRITE IT THEN."
DAN-I MADE ME BECOME THE PERSON I AM TODAY

754
01:00:08,271 --> 01:00:09,773
I THOUGHT ABOUT DAN-I WHEN I WAS ALONE

755
01:00:09,856 --> 01:00:11,399
TOO MANY THOUGHTS ABOUT HER FILL MY HEAD

756
01:00:14,694 --> 01:00:16,696
<i>I've had</i> <i>a change of heart.</i>

757
01:00:16,780 --> 01:00:18,740
<i>I guess I've been invisible all night.</i>

758
01:00:18,824 --> 01:00:20,700
<i>It was nice to even walk behind you.</i>

759
01:00:21,993 --> 01:00:23,453
<i>Whenever I got dumped,</i>

760
01:00:23,537 --> 01:00:25,580
<i>there was a guy who always comforted me.</i>

761
01:00:25,664 --> 01:00:27,374
You should look for another guy now.

762
01:00:27,457 --> 01:00:30,502
<i>Do you need a friend?
Why are you crying in my neighborhood?</i>

763
01:00:31,461 --> 01:00:34,673
<i>Eun-ho hasn't come home
for three days now.</i>

764
01:00:36,424 --> 01:00:38,093
<i>I should file a missing persons report</i>

765
01:00:38,176 --> 01:00:39,970
<i>and find him.</i>

766
01:00:40,345 --> 01:00:42,347
<i>I'll come home
if you tell me you missed me.</i>

767
01:00:43,014 --> 01:00:44,599
<i>Do you have any idea how worried I was?</i>

768
01:00:45,517 --> 01:00:46,977
Dan-i.

769
01:00:50,313 --> 01:00:51,439
Did you miss me?

770
01:00:54,609 --> 01:00:56,611
Subtitle translation by Hyun-joo Choi