August 10, 2018

16 of the Most Beautiful Quotes from 'Thirty but Seventeen' Kdrama So Far

Edit Posted by with 11 comments

Here are 16 'Thirty but Seventeen' Kdrama quotes that teach us about life and love and make us fall deeper in love with this superb series.
As expected, 'Thirty but Seventeen' (also 'Still 17') is another good product from script writer Jo Sung Hee. I am a huge fan of 'She Was Pretty' and liked how she wrote such a meaningful and interesting script; that's why I hope 'Thirty but Seventeen' will do the same good job or better.

Following the first 6 episodes, the drama has proved its potential to be a successful one by leading the viewership ratings among Monday-Tuesday dramas and having attracted great attention from audience.

It is filled with fun, romance and healing process. Also, the series can impress you with good plot, solid acting from Se-Jong (Woo-Jin) and Hye-Sun (Seo-Ri), cutiepie Chan with his pure first love and his first heartbreak :(, Jennifer as a very intriguing character, not to mention Fang, a cute puppy that deserves an award for his acting in the drama :).

Another plus point from 'Still 17' is its inspirational quotes that we sure love and learn from. Here I have collected the best quotes from episode 1-6.

A person's life doesn't always require a special or dramatic event for it to suddenly change. Sometimes very small and trivial things shake our lives with a force that is stronger than we think. Just like how a small misunderstanding I had when I was 17 ended up shaking both her and my life. (Woo-Jin)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
What about my days as an 18-year-old? What about my days as a 20-year-old? Why did I suddenly have to turn into an adult? I don't like this. I don't want to be 30. (Seo-Ri)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Don't think, feel - Bruce Lee (Yoo Chan's life slogan)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Apology is a Lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift. - Margaret Lee Runbeck (cited by Jennifer, a human wikipedia ^^)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
But from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future. - Plutarch (cited by Jennier)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Don't starve and faint again. When you get hungry, eat this to cheer up. (Jennifer)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Regardless of how great something may be, it becomes worthless if it get neglected. That goes for both musical instruments and people. (Musical instrument repairer)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Come on. Don't be weak. You're nervous because you have too much on your mind. Just do as you feel. "Don't think, feel." Okay? (Yoo-Chan)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Cherish labor. The fruits of your labor will be beautiful. That's because labor is the source of all virtues. - Abraham Lincoln (cited by Jennifer)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
The only thing on my mind is my uncle. so every time I see someone familiar, I instantly think it's him. I miss him so much, and I really want to find him. (Seo-Ri)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Seo-Ri: Can't you stop measuring things on the streets?
Woo-Jin: Why are you getting involved? It's none of your business.
Seo-Ri: How can I not get involved?
Woo-Jin: I really wish you wouldn't.
Seo-Ri: Should I just assume you were mistaken as a pervert again and that you'll get beaten? Should I just walk away knowing that? Can you do that?
Woo-Jin: I can. I can pretend like I didn't see anything. Okay?
Seo-Ri; Can you really do that? Do you mean it? How can someone do that? Doesn't it bother you if you ignore things like that?
Woo-Jin: Not at all. I hate people getting involved in my business, and I hate getting involved in someone else's business.
Seo-Ri: Even still...
Woo-Jin: I know very well that good intentions don't neccessarily yield good results.
Seo-Ri: That's why you miss out on seeing things you should. You ignore people when they're sincerely apologizing. You can't even see how worried Chan is. You close your heart and eyes and turn away from everything.
Woo-Jin: Didn't I tell you already? Don't interpret things the way you want. Who are you to do this? What do you know about me to say things like that?
Seo-Ri: You're right, i don't know! But I know one thing for sure. Instead of scolding someone about getting involved and saying that they don't know anything about you, a simple thanks would do it. I thought you just liked getting rid of visible clutter, but you're getting rid of your feelings too.
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama

If you say that it won't work, then it really won't. But you tell yourself it will, then it'll work out miraculously. There are a lot of things that can change depending on how you think. (Seo-Ri's mom)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Regardless of how poor I am and how much time it might take, I'm going to fix my mom's violin with the money I earn myself. It might take some time, but I'll never do anything shameful to fix that violin. (Seo-Ri)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
To stumble twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace. - Cicero (cited by Jennifer)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Yoo-Chan: I'm not tired at all. The world is so beautiful,
Hae-Bum: You're crazy. What are you talking about?
Yoo-Chan: Isn't the world beautiful? Especially these days? Look at those clouds.
Hae-Bum: They're gray.
Yoo-Chan: Birds are chirping beautifully.
Hae-Bum: Crows cawing can't sound beautiful.
Deok-Su: He's totally out of his mind.
(When you start being in love, everything turns out to be beautiful. Hahhhaa)

quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama
Even if you want to slow it down, even if you want to make it go faster, time simply goes by at its pace. Those painful times that make you feel like you just want to die will all pass one day. One day you'll never remember the painful memories that seemed like they would never go away. Time will pass on its own. If you avoid it even before it does. the really important things will get swept away with time. By the time you regret it, it would've been too late. (Jennifer)
quotes-from-thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama

11 comments:

  1. Can u post more quotes from this drama ? I forgot which ep, but its about "IF" , conversation between Jeniffer and Seo Ri friend(doctor).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I will post more soon.

      Have a nice day!

      Delete
    2. I have added more quotes ^^: http://mymileshinesmile.blogspot.com/2018/09/thirty-but-seventeen-kdrama-quotes-ep-7-to-16.html

      Delete
  2. yes!!! I love the quotes about "What if"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my all time favorite dramas, so positive! Love that you made this page of quotes and really love your blog btw! Thanks a million for the drama transcripts also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my all time favorite dramas, so positive! Love that you made this page of quotes and really love your blog btw! Thanks a million for the drama transcripts also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oii, tem uma frase "foi um belo destino te conhecer", algo assim, vc pode me dizer se foi uma citação de um autor ou da propria Jennifer? Ela citava tantas pessoas que eu fiquei confusa, mas queria saber a origem.

    ReplyDelete