September 16, 2018

11 Amazing Quotes from 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Have Made Fans Love It More

Edit Posted by with 2 comments
Below I have listed down best quotes from 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Kdrama Ep 15 and 16.

The drama has been wrapped up with the lovely, relaxing scene of our couple Kyung Seok and Mi Rae. With considerable emotional development, Mi Rae now becomes much more confident and particularly more beautiful when she are doing what makes her happy.

"Please stop it now. Right, I'm not pretty. I did plastic surgeries. Like you said, I wasn't happy because I wasn't pretty. But what about you? Are you happy because you're pretty? Are you happy? Why does it have to be this way? Why in the world do we have to be like this? We lose weight when we aren't even fat. We throw up and do plastic surgeries as if we will die if we aren't pretty. We give marks on people's faces and fight ourselves. Why on earth do we have to be like this? I don't want to do it anymore. I really don't want to. I will think over about what will make me happy again from now on. I will do it."

These words from Mi Rae are healing not just to Soo Ah but to many of us with all our insecurities. While we're afraid to be judged, we do the same to others. This realistic, meaningful drama has taught us a lot on our journey to the true meaning of happiness.

I've put together best quotes from the drama ep 15 and 16. Get yourself a big piece of cake and read along with me. <3

See also:
Profile

Hangul: 내 아이디는 강남미인
Director: Choi Sung-Bum
Writer: Gi Maeng-Gi (webtoon), Choi Soo-Young
Executive Producer(s): Hwang In-Roe, Jo Jun-Hyung, Kim Dong-Hyun
Producers: Choi Young-Joong, Jang Ji-Yeon, Kim Kyung-Tae, Yang Se-Jin
Production Company(s): Art & Culture
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Release Date: July 27 - September 15, 2018
Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 23:00
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea

Synopsis

Kang Mi-Rae was bullied at school due to her ugly face. Constant bullying made her timid and under-confident. She relied on plastic surgery to be pretty. Though she becomes a beauty now, she is still lacking in self-assurance. At university, she is teased as 'Gangnam Beauty'. She slowly gains confidence and becomes brave as she gets to know Do Kyung-Seok who values the inside beauty rather than outside.

Starring

  • Im Soo-Hyang as Kang Mi-Rae
  • Cha Eun-woo as Do Kyung-Seok
  • Jo Woo-Ri as Hyun Soo-Ah
  • Kwak Dong-Yeon as Yeon Woo-Young
'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Kdrama quotes (ep 15, 16)

quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Mi Rae: To be honest, I'm scared about people finding out. But it's kind of sad that we have to keep hiding from people. And I feel sorry for locking you up like this.
Kyung Seok: That's fine.
Mi Rae: Should we just tell everyone? ... I want to tell people. Hyun Jung, Woo Young, and your mother. We already have three rooting for us. I think that's already a good enough number.
Kyung Seok: Don't force yourself. I'm okay with this.
Mi Rae: No, I think I can do it. 
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
What a kind-hearted girl!
Kyung Seok: You suggested that we eat outside to hold hands on the streets?
Mi Rae: What?
Kyung Seok: Is there another reason?
Mi Rae: Well, Soo Ah might feel uncomfortable if we eat together.
Kyung Seok: Why do we have to care about her?
Mi Rae: Still.
Kyung Seok: I've had this thought all along, but I wish you were less nice.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Mi Rae: There's something I'm curious about... How can you like me when you know how I used to look like? If I had kept that face, would you still have liked me?
Kyung Seok: You're just you. I'm saying it doesn't matter. But I do miss your old face from time to time.
Mi Rae: Then just for a moment... You can see it for like a split moment.
Kyung Seok: No, it's okay. I don't have to see it if you don't want me to.
Mi Rae: Just for three seconds. No more than that, okay? Here we go. 1, 2, 3... If you still like me after seeing this, that means you really like me.
Kyung Seok (kissed Mi Rae right when she felt the most vulnerable for her to overcome her fears)
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Kyung Seok: Do your parents not like me?
Mi Rae: You weren't sleeping?
Kyung Seok: That wasn't an ideal way to meet them for the first time. Judging from how your dad told me that there are CCTV cameras, he probably doesn't like me. Should I not have answered the call?
Mi Rae: Why? Are you worried?
Kyung Seok: Of course, I am.
Mi Rae: I've never seen you worried about how strangers might think of you.
Kyung Seok: How can I not be worried? They are not strangers. I mean, they're your parents.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Yoo Eun to Mi Rae: The scars you get from other people can only be healed by people. I don't quite get it either. But one thing for sure, the person that can heal Soo Ah is neither Kyung Seok nor anyone else. It's you.
Yoo Eun: It seems like Kyung Seok likes you way more than you like him.
Mi Rae: That's not true. We both like each other a lot.
Yoo Eun: A couple can't always like each other equally. The person who likes the other person more tends to call more, asks to meet more often, and gets angry at times.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Mi Rae to Soo Ah: Please stop it now. Right, I'm not pretty. I did plastic surgeries. Like you said, I wasn't happy because I wasn't pretty. But what about you? Are you happy because you're pretty? Are you happy? Why does it have to be this way? Why in the world do we have to be like this? We lose weight when we aren't even fat. We throw up and do plastic surgeries as if we will die if we aren't pretty. We give marks on people's faces and fight ourselves. Why on earth do we have to be like this? I don't want to do it anymore. I really don't want to. I will think over about what will make me happy again from now on. I will do it.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16-7
Mi Rae to Soo Ah: You fool. You turned out to be a bigger fool than me. Let's stop living the way we used to. 
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Tae Young: I'm sorry for hurting you.
Tae Hee: Forget it. It's all in the past now. You can't do anything about your feelings.
Tae Young: Yes, I know. I can't control my heart as I want. I keep thinking about you.
Tae Hee: Is that right? How sad. I don't really think about you. There are those people who look amazing at first, but turn disappointing after going out with them. That's the case for you. So I've gotten over with you quickly.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Kyung Seok: Are you wearing perfume now?
Soo Ah: Yes. I tried something I had never done, and everything else became easy.
quotes-from-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-ep-15-16
Mi Rae: You see, I used to rate people on the streets purely based on their looks. But I stopped doing that at some point. I thought everyone looked at me and judged me because I was doing the same to others, but I realized not that many people are interested in me.

2 comments: