August 15, 2018

My 5 Easy and Effective Ways to Make Hands Look Younger

Edit Posted by with No comments
ways-to-make-hands-younger
Image credit: Shine Smile
Knowing how to make hands look younger is as important as taking care of your face.

Age can be guessed by looking at the eyes, forehead, nose and mouth lines, and especially the hands. While in some cases, fair skin helps make their hands look younger, it doesn't hold true for everyone. The same goes for your age. Though I started seriously paying attention to my hand health when I was 27 years old, as I was being aged, it is the best to take care of your hands no matter how old you are or what skin type you have. The sooner, the better.

Here I have listed my hand care tips that have worked.

You may be interested in: 
How to Take Care of Skin in Air Conditioner: My Top 5 Tips

1. Love your hands as much as your face. Otherwise, it's hard to establish good habits of caring for and protecting your hands.

2. Moisturizer and sunscreen are must-haves: Sunscreen helps reduce skin aging as a consequence of sun damage. Also, wrinkled, chapped appearance has resulted from insufficient hydration provided for your hands. Make sure you have your hand cream in your bag wherever you go, and develop a habit of applying it on your hands regularly, especially when you're in cold, dry temperature (winter, AC conditioning, etc.), and after you use soaps. You can either buy one or make a DIY item.

I have got and faithfully used kamill hand and nail cream after trying different hand care products. It is affordable and does a decent job, indeed. You just need to massage a small amount into your hand, and such a quantity is good at dealing with the medium to light level of dryness and dehydration. For a higher level, please apply a thicker layer. I suggest applying a generous amount of cream before you sleep at night. 


Image credit: Shine Smile
3. Wear gloves when you are doing heavy tasks, cleaning the house, washing up, driving, or doing things that may cause dryness, calluses, or any hurt to your hand. There were times I washed my clothes with bare hands. Harmful chemicals from the washing powder made my hands dryer and rougher. 

4. Exfoliate your hands physically once a week by using a washcloth, scrubbing device, exfoliating product, or homemade remedy. To be more economical, I often make use of face exfoliators that I have bought but not used anymore to get rid of dead skin and smooth out my hands.
For a more 'aggressive' solution, you can use the chemical peel once 3-6 months. This way will not work and even worsen your skin unless you take proper aftercare. For example, treat your skin gently, wash your hand with a gentle cleanser, apply moisturizer, and wear sunscreen.

5. Take care of your fingernails and cuticles, too. Keep them clean and moisturized. Don't bite them or pick at your cuticles. Also, avoid painting your nails at certain periods each month; you know, your nails need to breathe! There are non-toxic nail polish alternatives you can also try.
  • My recommendation: Lauren B. Beauty Cuticle Oil

0 comments:

Post a Comment