January 12, 2024

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Edit Posted by with No comments

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Marry My Husband is a fun and interesting drama, even though it has some similarities with "Perfect Marriage Revenge." I never thought of Na In-woo as a leading man before, but he really impressed me in this role. He has been in many Kdramas, but this one made me see him differently. Song Ha Yoon is a great actress. She was so sweet and innocent in Fight For My Way, but in this drama, she is so evil and annoying. Park Min Young has improved her acting skills. She's getting a lot of compliments from Korean netizens too. This is a great comeback for her.

Number of episodes: 16 

"Marry My Husband" Quotes

I can’t remember the last time I was happy. So why do I miss it so much? (Jiwon)

I’m a daughter who received this kind of fatherly love... I endured it because I thought you were the only one I had. (Jiwon)

The path you know isn’t the only one. There are other paths. That path could be better. (Nam Hyeon)
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

("Marry My Husband" starts with a scene of pink and white
The cherry blossoms in their glory, a symbol of delight
They mark the dawn of springtime, the season of rebirth
They bring along the blessings, the goodness and the mirth

In the first episode we meet Kang Ji Won, a woman full of sorrow
A taxi driver takes her to a tunnel, promising a better tomorrow
She leaves behind the darkness, the sadness, and the pain
She enters a wonderland of flowers, a paradise of gain

We later find out the driver was her father, who saved her from her fate
He gave her a second chance at living before it was too late

The cherry blossoms were a sign that Kang Ji Won would find her way
They showed her that there's more to life than what she had that day
They taught her to appreciate her existence, to make it count, and shine
They reminded her that life is precious, and it won't repeat a second time.~)
Honestly, it's been so long. I forgot what I wanted. I've been busy just trying to get by. But I won't live like that anymore. Getting a second chance in life means I can do anything. (Jiwon)

This time, I really won’t let it slide. (Jiwon)
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

I avoided it but I couldn’t avoid it. What’s bound to happen will happen... I need someone to steal my fate. (Jiwon)

You’ve been coveting my trash. You take it out. Marry my husband. (Jiwon)

Stop calling by my name at work. We’re friends but we have different positions and I’m more experienced. You’re crossing the line by making me run coffee errands and ordering me around. (Jiwon)

Those who are incompetent focus on the little things they know and make a huge deal out of it. (Jiwon)

People don’t change. They repeat their actions. (Ji Hyuk)

Not everyone becomes an adult with age... Women are unhappy when they date a boy instead of a man. (Ji Hyuk about Min Hwan)

What a crappy way to say you’ll sponge off me for life. You call that family? (Ji Won about Min Hwan)

There are times you need someone else’s help. (Ji Hyuk)

A good and competent person should be kept close. (Ji Hyuk) 
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

If you don’t go, it’ll remain a shameful past. But if you go and fix it, it’ll become your history! (Hui Yeon) 

I need to know if these people are simply crazy or have good reasons so I won’t have regrets later. (Hui Yeon)

A stitch in time saves nine! Those who are prepared won't fail! (Hui Yeon)
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Those who aren’t mentally mature like you judge others by their looks. If you want something, dress accordingly. That’s the start. (Hui Yeon)

Classy is timeless. (Hui Yeon)
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

If you’re going to be mean after hearing one side of the story, at least try to fact-check first. (Jiwon)
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Don’t get into the habit of conforming to others. (Ji Hyuk)

I’ve been conforming to others my whole life, so I didn’t know who I was. (Jiwon)

I lived a terrible life because I didn’t know how to fight. I can just learn how. I have to stop letting shameless people take things from me. (Ji Won)

 Consideration has its limits, too. Bad people won’t appreciate your consideration for them. (Ji Won)

Don’t forget to shout. You can fight well. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

You’re just too good. You’re not bad enough to hurt others... You can’t check your wounds or your opponent’s on the mat. Focus only on 2 things: I decided to fight. And I will win. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

You could be reminded of old feelings when seeing him again, but it’s dangerous. So you should let go of your old feelings. (Ji Hyuk)

I think we need to meet as many people as possible before getting married. (Ji Hyuk)

Ji Huyk: Anyway, I don't think marriage is a must
Jiwon: So you don't want to get married
Ji Huyk: No. I'm going to get married. What I wanted to say was... (awkward)(smile)
Jiwon: Mr. Yoo, it's nice to see you smile
"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Thinking back, I had a few chances. I didn’t seize it because I didn’t know. Or I couldn’t seize it. And if that wasn’t it, perhaps it was a chance I shouldn’t seize. But it’s different this time. (Ji Hyuk)

This might sound stupid but I didn’t know how I felt. If I had, I’d have protected her [Ji Won]. So if I get a chance, I’ll take it. (Ji Hyuk)

My time already ended then. But at least I can protect her [Ji Won] this time. I won’t run away. I won’t regret not doing anything. Even if I’m not in her happiness. (Ji Hyuk)

You didn’t misunderstand all of it. I like you a lot. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

I promise choosing me will be a good choice. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

Of course, I think it’s okay to not fight directly. Ask for help. Ask someone who can fight for you. Someone like me. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won) 

Ji-hyuk: Your dad's allowance. So you can use me all you want.
Ji-won: I just want to talk with it. And I want my allowance to be happy.

I like you. But I won’t do anything if you don’t want me to or put you in a fix. You just need to say no. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

You can pick up and leave only when you have financial freedom. (Ji Won)

(This feels so related~)

I found out that I can’t evade anything by running away... Avoiding it isn't the answer. Either way, the inevitable will happen. If I don’t give my fate to someone else. (Ji Won)

I want to be happy. On my own. With my strength. I'm going to be happy. (Ji Won)

Have you been on a boat? After my dad died, it felt like I was on a boat every day. My feet are firmly planted but the boat keeps rocking. I feel anxious. I want stability. I want to step on solid land. (Ji Won)

(This hits home~)

 I want to be solid land. (Ji Hyuk)

My life is like a well-written novel. But if Kang Ji-won is the one wrong sentence in it, how would you feel?... It’s short and crooked. The content and writing are a mess, too. So it keeps catching my eye and bothering me. It opens to her page when thrown. There’s nothing special to find or remember in my life. But only that part is clear. (Ji Hyuk)

I know I won’t die from drowning. What scares me the most is living the same life as before with this 2nd chance. To not do that, I can do anything. (Ji Won)

(Yeah! Hwaiting!)

He [Ji Huyk] may be kind of boring but he’s comfortable. He’s handsome and stable. (Hui Yeon)

Getting them to marry is just the process. Eventually, I have to be happy. I have to do what I love. I have to meet friends I like. (Ji Won)

I must have no talent for acting. Because pretending to be biting it is so hard when I know it’s bait. (Ji Won)

There are many things I can do. What changed is that now I’m doing something that can help you, too. Hold on tight and lean on me. (Ji Hyuk to Ji Won)

I’ve never once been honest about my feelings. I want to be honest now. When I was with Eunho, I kept thinking about someone else. Someone I thought I knew everything about, but I didn’t at all. I’m sure there’s more I don’t know about him. But he’s someone only I can know. And he knows me the best. (Ji Won)

- Ji Huyk: I can't be a solid land.
- Ji Won: (flashback) I want to be stable. I want to step on the solid land.
- Ji Huyk: I want you to be stable and happy because you're a good person.
- Ji Won: You were that man at that time~
(She knew~~~)

 We may regret it. But let’s regret it together if we do. Then we’ll be okay.” (Ji Won)

Ji Hyuk was no fun at all. He didn't want anything. He suppressed his emotions. But this time [when being with Ji Won], he seems like he's really living. For the first time.

You've always been in my heart, Kang Ji Won. (Ji Huyk) 

To tell the truth, when you told me how you felt [she's always been in his heart], I thought it was the reason I came back. To be able to trust someone again, like someone, and be happy. (Ji Won to Ji Huyk)

I think this is what I wanted desperately, dad, not to be alone. Standing firmly on the ground and not being shaken up by waves. I only needed one person by my side, I think it has happened now, really. (Ji Won)

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Congratulations on picking up my trash [Min Hwan]. (Ji Won to Soo Min)

If you’re this sick, how can you be at peace? Just cry in my arms. (Ji Won comforting Ju Ran)

"Marry My Husband" Quotes That You Can't Get Enough Of

Don’t blame yourself. The inevitable just happened. (Ji Hyuk)
People don’t change easily. Though I came back after seeing the end, I tried to run away again. (Ji Won)

Forget all the bad things and remember the good. (Ji Hyuk)

 A good leader should know how to give up something that isn't theirs. (Chairman Yu)

You don’t trust anyone, do you? That’s because you’re not trustworthy. As you think everyone else is like you, you can’t trust anyone. (Ji Hyuk to Soo Min)
Some people [e.g., Soo Min] don’t know when to stop. They don't stop unless you stomp on them completely. (Ji Hyuk)

Even in moments when everything seems to be over, I believe there is another path. That path could even be better. (Ji Won)

What is it about?

In "Marry My Husband," Jiwon saw her best friend Soo-min and her husband Min-hwan betray her, and then she was killed. But fate gave her a second chance. She went back to 10 years ago and started a new life.

Genre: Revenge, Fantasy, Melodrama

Network: tvN

Based on: The webtoon Marry My Husband by Sung So-jak

Directors: Han Jin-seon, Park Won-guk

Writer: Shin Yoo-dam

Release: January 1, 2024

Main cast:

  • Park Min-young as Kang Ji-won, a young cancer patient who suffers from a bad marriage, a hard job, and a cruel family. She seeks revenge with the help of Ji-hyuk.
  • Na In-woo as Yoo Ji-hyuk, a marketing manager who works at the same company as Ji-won and her husband and has a crush on her.
  • Lee Yi-kyung as Park Min-hwan, Ji-won’s unfaithful husband who cheats on her with her best friend
  • Song Ha-yoon as Jung Soo-min, Ji-won’s friend who betrays her by having an affair with her husband
  • Lee Gi-kwang as Baek Eun-ho, Ji-won’s former classmate who is a famous chef and her first love

0 comments:

Post a Comment