September 6, 2021

'You Are My Spring' Kdrama: Human Healing Worthy Quotes

Edit Posted by with 2 comments
'You Are My Spring' Kdrama is the true of healing TV series. How mature the writing is! The writer has managed to capture human emotions. I am in love with characters, healthy romance, OSTs, and dialogues that make me feel feels and motivated.
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
All relationships come to an end, for the lucky ones, they end with marriage, if not, with breakups. But for some people, they end as soon as their feelings are professed... And a good word like "friend" becomes the saddest word. (Da Jeong)
A piece of his heart is enough to bring warmth to people who were shivering and to encourage people to live again when they want to die.
Are you okay now? Are you not hurting anymore? It must have been really hard on you. And I hope things will be a bit easier on you. (Da Jeong to Ga Yeong)
A warm room, tangerines, cats. He was warmhearted like that. (Da Jeong sharing her thoughts about Jeong Min)
Breaking up with someone means you must say goodbye to everything you met through them. (Da Jeong)
Can not you just give up? Dad will not change. He will be rude to everyone. He will keep showing off his money, and he will think women have to get married and have kids. And he will continue to grow older and smaller.
At the very least, you were never beaten. I was beaten a lot until I got into high school. Back then, I also despised him to death. But I learned to give up.
We are not such loving twins who get sick when the other one gets sick either. And Dad is just a dad. Even if you do not like him, he is still our dad.
(Cheol Do about their dad)
Da Jeong: Do you give me two watches because I have two hands? So that I will not forget our plan/ date? 
Young Do: Oh dear. The other one is for your mom. You can give it to her right? 
Da Jeong: Mom will love it. But how have you thought about buying watches? 
Young Do: I want to gift you ‘time.”
Do not be scared to date. Not all breakups are as hard as that one. If they were, everyone would look more worn out and wrinkled when they turned 30. (Mi Ran to Eun Ha)
Do not feel too guilty about what has happened. Live every day as if it were your last and be happy. (Young Do to Mi Kyung when she told with tears in her eyes that she was busy tending to other patients the last time her husband called her and passed away)
Embracing and warming someone’s body with your temperature is a more sincere act of affection than mere words. It means "I have missed you so much." "What took you so long?" "I was so worried about you." "I was lonely without you." "I almost went crazy pining for you." "I am sorry." "It is okay." "Thank you." (Young Do)
Getting heartbroken is not a metaphor. You merely cannot see the wounds. but the injury is real. The problem is that even the patient does not know about the injury because it does not bleed.
"I do not even want to think about it. I will pretend that it never happened."
That is okay for now.
If I were to compare this to a car accident, this person's arms, legs, and ribs would all be broken. "Get up and walk. Why are you lying in bed ?" You cannot say that.
You are still hanging in there. I want to say you are doing so well.
(Young Do)
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotesyou-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
Had I put my pride first, I would not have come. I do not care if this hurts my pride. I do not care if people think that I am crazy. Gayeong matters more to me. (Patrick)
"I do not want to be friends." I will not say that. "I have also come to like you." I will not say that either. At least not right now. We do not need to promise to be together forever. I do not know and will never know what "forever" really means anyway. In a two-hour movie, "forever" means two hours. I think that is enough. (Da Jeong to Young Do)
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
If you want to be told that you made the right decision, then it means you think otherwise. If you want to be told so 500 times, it means you have thought about it 500 times yet still think you were wrong. (Da Jeong)
I hate being scared and unable to do anything.
I have to go to work tomorrow, but due to some strange closeness I feel toward you, I came all the way here at this hour just to see a single tree.
I like where I am now. “Where am I in life? What will happen to us? What if I get hurt?” I do not have those questions anymore.
In life, there are some things you cannot say no to despite your better judgment. They are dazzling, bright, and make you so happy that you would do anything if you could have them. (Mi Ran)
It is hard to be with him, but at home, it will be hard because I am not with him.
It is okay to break down. You do not have to fight it. It is okay to hold on to somebody as you get back up. And I almost slipped and told her this as well: I hope that I can be that somebody. (Young Do in thought)
In case someone needs this:
I took them all for granted. Waking up in the morning and going to bed at night. The cool breeze and the blue sky. My heart that beat without stopping and my healthy legs. There was a time when I had taken them all for granted.
I was a fish looking for the ocean that was already around me. I believed I would find happiness and feel at peace one day. The fact that I am breathing is enough proof that I am doing well despite not shining brightly all the time. (Young Do)
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
.Your silent battles never make you any less. Keep your chin up!
I was so worried. I am relieved that you are okay. It is okay to be sad or angry, and none of these is your fault. Hang in there, and everything shall pass. I will be by your side.
Let’s be frank. “The world is beautiful,” and “you must live,” are obvious things to say. But that is how you save a life.
“I will listen to you. I am willing to have a conversation with you. I will not leave you all alone. I will watch over you.”
For those who have no hope and want to give up; seeing a twinkling light, being watched from afar, or a slight brush of a finger is more than enough.
(Young Do)
Letting someone into your heart means that your heart can be easily broken by them. It also means you will not let go of them despite knowing that. I do not want to get hurt. I do not want to foolishly bring up my painful past. Nevertheless, I want to be happy. (Da Jeong)
Not only does she not want to get hurt, but she also hates hurting others. She is weird like that. I am saying she has worried that you might end up getting hurt.
So hold yourself back even though you are head over heels for her. Respect her pace. Do not get ahead of yourself and scare her away.
(Jin Ho about Ga Yeong)
Once you have lost someone dear to you, you are willing to believe anything. Things like souls, heaven, reincarnation. Everything. (Young Do)
Some people do not feel safe with their feelings. People like that get scared and do one of these two things when someone gets too close. They go into hiding to avoid that person or hurt that person without even realizing it. (Young Do)
That night, you embraced the 11-year-old me who had lost his brother, the 26-year-old me who had lost his patient and the foolish me who dared to lose you because I was scared to hurt you. (Young Do about Da Jeong)
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
The moment you label each other, the relationship starts getting old because of obligations.
This is what breaking up means, you cannot help me even if you want to. You cannot worry about me even if you are worried. And even if you are the only person with who I can share a joke and laugh, I cannot do that anymore.
To avoid hurting her, I pushed her to the other side of the world. But she folded the world in half to get close to me. How come I can never push you away? "Run away." "Please do not get close." "Please do not go too far." How come I cannot control myself with you? She makes me fold the world in half and run to her. (Young Do about Da Jeong)
Want to hear some exciting news? You will never be able to fall in love like that again. What is the point of repeating?
Opening your heart and giving him every piece of you. That is not only the only way to love. You can avoid puddles and prevent the fire together. It does not have to be suffocating. It can be nice and comfortable. You will get to experience that soon. (Mi Ran to Eun Ha)
We cannot always find the right time for everything in life. (Mi Ran to Young Do when he said sorry for not telling about his health concern soon)
What crazy things do you want to do? It is snowing. (Young Do to Da Jeong)
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
You do not have to be a child to be entitled to doing something crazy. It is okay to spice up your life when you wish.
Whenever I go to Young Do, he always scolds me, but I still go to him because I want to check if I am doing okay. And that is because when I was not okay, Young Do noticed and saved me. (Ga Yeong's thought about Young Do) Whether it is 10 or 20 years, I just want to turn back the time. I do not care if I would be in pain and need to have surgery again. I will gladly go through all of that again. I just want to be with her again. (Young Do)
Why was I the first thing you gave up? Why did not you tell me to wait? Then I would have waited for you. Why did you just break up with me? Why did you have to come looking exhausted and beg me to let you go? I could not even tell you I would wait.
After everything, you come to me now and tell me that was the best you could do? You did that for me?
Do not kid yourself. You just did not have faith in me. You thought I was only capable of selfishly receiving love from you and that you were the only one giving love in our relationship.
(Eun Ha)
You can cover up bad memories with good ones. (Young Do to Da Jeong)
You fear relationships that require emotional commitment. Why? You have been burned a lot. You read the ending of mystery novels first and do not even watch a new TV show unless you know it has a happy ending.
After recreating the exact same misery you underwent, you try to overcome it this time around. You are trying to escape your miserable memories. But it does not work. Why? You can recreate your misery, but you have never learned how to overcome it.
(Young Do)
- Young Do: I am sorry my first instinct is to hesitate and run away. I am sorry for being like that. But… I still want to be with you.
- Da Jeong: Is it okay if I stay in your life?
- Young Do: Yes.
- Da Jeong: Is It okay if I help you? I do not know how to do that yet.
- Young Do: Will you do that?
- Da Jeong: Yes.
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes

When did you start liking him? Why did you fall so hard for him? I wonder if I can answer those questions like this. Maybe it has been a lot longer than I realize. Maybe it all started when that trembling wildflower met a fence and was comforted by a small, round candy. I think that was when I fell in love with you. (Da Jeong about Young Do)
When I first saw you, an ordinary moment of my childhood, maybe the happiest I have, came to my mind, and you were there next to me, smiling. (Jeong Min to Da Jeong. What a confession!<3)
When I had gone through something unbelievable or strived to hold back my tears, he was always there for me. But never once did he rush me saying, "Do not cry, or you can do it, or get up." I think that is when I started interpreting his words differently. It always sounded like he was telling me that everything was okay. "It is okay. I will be right by your side. Everything will be alright."
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotesyou-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotesyou-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
Why should you die? Do not die. You can live. You can get better. It is hard to believe it, but you will be okay. (Young Do to Ga Yeong)

- You reached out your hand to me during the painful change of seasons. You are my spring.
- Even if another painful change of seasons comes our way, I will reach out my hand to you, without a doubt every single time. I am your spring.
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes
We wish a warm spring for those who are in a bitter season.
you-are-my-spring-kdrama-quotes

Images and gifs credit: Original authors

2 comments:

  1. really. thank you for this compilation T_T I love them all so muchhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow ,thanks a lot ,thank you for jotting all this down at a place for us❣

    ReplyDelete